Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Madonna Like a Prayer twenty five to eight Tuesday Morning, Christian O'Connell Show. This morning, Dig Deep, go into your hurt lockers and tell us your story of sporting failure.
Speaker 1: I'll be really honest with.
Speaker 2: You, right, I'd rather hear stories about sporting failure than success.
Speaker 1: We take down from the pros. We love them.
Speaker 2: However, what's funnier than success is failure. So this morning we're diving into it. Your stories of sporting failure. I remember in nineteen eighty nine there was a British title boxing fight and one of the boxes, Tony Wilson, has been so badly beaten by his opponent, Steve McCarthy.
Speaker 1: His mum got came.
Speaker 2: To the corner of the ring, took a shoe off and started hitting the opponent. This was live on TV for a national middleweight title. Your mum, your grown up dudes, your professional boxer.
Speaker 1: He retired after that.
Speaker 2: Tony Wilson, his mum took a shoe off and started hitting the other guy.
Speaker 1: Bad boy attacking my son. All right, sporting failure, Steve, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, gang, Happy Tuesday, Way back in nineteen eighty three, I think it was eighty four, when I was much more awesomer than I am now. I was in the nightclub and it was kind of late in the nightclub day, and the word went out, we're going to all have a push up competition. So I said, no problems.
Speaker 4: I'm really good at this.
Speaker 3: I can do this.
Speaker 4: Nightclub obviously changed, but one time I got this very good, but now as.
Speaker 3: A winner, So whoever one got a slab, So I thought, no, I can do this because I was really in my prime them days.
Speaker 5: So here we go.
Speaker 3: So I'm going hard and going really well. Got up to ninety two ninety three, and I won't won.
Speaker 2: The company nightclub, been drinking all night. Just squeeze off ninety two ninety three, nine thousand and five.
Speaker 3: It is no to be serious. I used to do those for almost a living, so.
Speaker 2: Prayer this is sporty, tough guy.
Speaker 3: To anyway, what happens as I've done that, and I've gone right, I'm going to do the rocky here and show.
Speaker 5: Off a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I've gone the left handed push up. I was single handed, and then when I flicked to go to the right hand, my shoulder popped out and I dissiocated my shoulder and the band went through through the top of my shoulder.
Speaker 1: Another one thous and that was it.
Speaker 3: I won the slab both. I couldn't drink it in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Steve, thank you very much. You got mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome, have a great day, guys.
Speaker 1: Uh Peter, good morning, sporting.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, how are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. What's your story for us? Pete?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 4: Back off years now? We used to play under ten football and one so they matched the coach and we've got no goalkeeper. He hasn't showed up. So I've decided how hard can it be? I'll go in the goals. So meantime we as the game was going on, We're playing against this other team. I swear with like ninjas all over the place. We've got to talk about eight nial, nine nil, ten nil. In the end, the coach ended up speaking to the other coach and they decided the best thing was to put two of us in the goals and goalkeepers.
Speaker 1: On top of each other.
Speaker 5: Twelve.
Speaker 1: At least you stem the bleeding somewhat. Do you know what many is?
Speaker 2: The time I wish watching a Soka go wish they had double keepers.
Speaker 5: They guided it up.
Speaker 4: That might be the solution.
Speaker 2: So that's what they did.
Speaker 1: Yes, that we couldn't stop them all over the players.
Speaker 2: Oh my, Peter, that is a great one. We're going to give you a prize for that. In fact, Peter, I'll give you a two hunch too, voucher for Interflora.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you for that. That's a great story. Thanks your story. Have a great day, Have a good day, good morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, how are you guys.
Speaker 1: Very good on shore. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you. So when I was back in Friends and I was studying so at school for the trimester, the teacher said, okay, we we're going to to try to play golf. So we went to the driving range and then I hid. So I was already the little clown of the classroom, always trying to make everybody love. Hasn't changed, clown, Yes, And I hit the ball. I hit the ball as hard and strong as a cool And then you went in the sky and it was pretty windy, and the ball went on the left, landed on the car park and smashed the wind queen of the car. And so the teacher told me like, please, don't touch anything anymore. Just have a seat. And then the last time I went on the sports class, it was baseball. And then I hit the ball eyes hard and as strong as I could. And when I was about to run to do a home run, I threw the bat behind me, but the bat landed on the knee of the girl who was trying to catch the ball, and I just dislocated her knees. And that's it. And after the least and last time and the next time I went to play sports, the teachers that I think you feeling well today, you're just gonna sit and watch it.
Speaker 1: All right, Remy, thank you very much your stories there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's Show podcast