Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcast playlists, and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. HiT's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.
Speaker 1: Hey, Christian here, just want to let you know about my new book, Unscript, The Radical Act of Being Yourself is released finally this month July the twenty ninth, and I'm hosting an exclusive iHeart Live event before my book hits the shelves, and I love you to join me and the team as we do a Q and A with you. Guys. Head to the gooldwebsite dot com dot au for your chance to join me on Monday, the twenty seventh of July.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: The World Cup is halftime at the moment, the longest half time ever. They've extended it to have some god awful concert that is not needed. Madonna currently doing some strange things with some former legends goome On and Rio. Good morning, Patsy, Morning Patsy. How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: I had a great weekend, although my husband, the love God would not say that. If I had a three word weekend, it would be flat pack hell. So Friday on the show I mentioned how I had to madly you know.
Speaker 1: Of course you were trying to get your brain Adams.
Speaker 4: To pre sale at midday.
Speaker 1: And then the drawers turning up at the same time.
Speaker 4: I had a chest of draws getting delivered from Sydney down to Melbourne at the same time. So I said to my husband, please, can you make sure.
Speaker 1: With the Melbourne chest of draws? Why are you going to get that out of state? Couldn't get them your loyalty sitting the.
Speaker 4: Major, I could not get them. They were discontinued, but they had two up in Sydney, so I've got one of them. Only they were meant to come The store said they would come assembled, and I thought, great, that's fantastic, just whacking in my daughter's room. It's all done. Only it came in two boxes to flat pack boxes. So I got a text from my husband on Friday while I was still on air in the show, saying, I thought you said it was assembled, like I could just smell all the time.
Speaker 1: That's Chris's weekend.
Speaker 4: Ruin, He goes, there's my weekend.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. It's flat pack. Here's weekend.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I said, you know what, don't don't don't ruin a weekend, we will air task it. So I did put it up. Only no one's responded to my ad.
Speaker 5: You've been blacklisted.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of that. There's obviously word is out there, like don't.
Speaker 5: Go around there. They come back so quickly.
Speaker 1: Like own a husband and at it in the other room or watching you. It's a freak zone.
Speaker 4: I've never ever.
Speaker 1: Weekend there's all stuff going on, swinging from the raft Patria Jones Island.
Speaker 4: So I do need assistance because I cannot I refuse.
Speaker 1: Does it remained flat? Is it still flattered? It didn't get made.
Speaker 4: It's sitting in the middle of the lounge room on the mat. I've been walking around it. It was even used as coffee tables on it.
Speaker 5: It's a new feature.
Speaker 1: In the lounge.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, when did the World Cup suddenly have a halftime show? America, FIFA, Infantino. Your answers are all there money, yep, it's an excellent hydration break. So the World Cup over the weekend England had to play, you know, in France in this traditionally at the World Cup it's the runners up game. Neither team wants to play. They're just spent. You know, it's over for them, the campaign is over, you're out of the World Cup. But they sort of have to play each other fourth and third place. They're playing for the third place and normally it's a terrible match understanding. The players are just broken, they're heartbroken. The coach is either getting fired or about to resign. Just a strange fans know as well. However, until the weekend, England France six four ten goals. It's a wild I wasn't even gonna watch it because we're still bummed out about last weekend and how they played and what happened. But I'm glad I did. It was one of those wildest games of World Cup football I've ever seen, six full ten goals.
Speaker 6: How did you feel though, knowing England could beat a team like France? England could score six goals.
Speaker 1: Open the wound that was healing Rio that you would have beaten Argentina. They were playing for fun. It's like anythink in life, is it when you're playing for fun? It's the joy of it. They were completely different team. They're incredible. Ria. What's your three word weekend?
Speaker 5: Mine is so far shopping marathon.
Speaker 6: My Saturday morning was spent at DFO like boy looking for a new sofa.
Speaker 5: I thought our sofa was with the one you've had nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: You've got the Sorrento. Isn't it all the one I've got? Nice? It's nice sofa.
Speaker 6: It's a great sofa. Apparently it's completely wrong for the room.
Speaker 5: I had no idea. It seems to look perfect to me, but my partner is in Sisto.
Speaker 1: So have you can I ask you? Is it in an L shape?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: Oh? Have you got modular? I sort of?
Speaker 5: I don't know what you'd call it. It's like a big found almost like a.
Speaker 1: We're describing Grown Norton's chat show.
Speaker 5: Set like that.
Speaker 6: We've got one is just like a normal sofa and the other side is just a giant circle, like a lost or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's all the rage. That sort of a shoe shape. Yeah, it's all the rage lately.
Speaker 5: Apparently curved edges are in I was told by the shopping.
Speaker 1: Assistance, did you buy any new sofa.
Speaker 6: Then we've we've we've got the price that they're going to hold for us for a week.
Speaker 1: We had what you're doing for the next week.
Speaker 5: Then no, I just just I said, cool our jets.
Speaker 1: I just it's all getting a bit too it. We need to just walk walk away, walk away the art of the deal, walk away from where we just think it through.
Speaker 6: When we got there, the shop assistant straight away clocked that I was not the decision maker.
Speaker 1: In the they work out who's in charge. They're like, oh, you have a wonder round or sit over there during a coffee.
Speaker 6: She gave me a catalog and then she said, come here with Will, my partner, and took him around all the couches while I sat on some other sort of recline.
Speaker 1: Just scrolling on your phone, just on my phone like a checked out teenager. Yes, So we.
Speaker 5: Went to probably overwhelming front doors.
Speaker 1: This was just a couple of years a couple of years ago, when we were when we were when we were moving and we had to get a new I just thought, you go to one, you pick out one, and you go same as you four or five different places across the city. And then going back to.
Speaker 7: The first we were here at the start of the day, and then right at the end we finally decided on the shape.
Speaker 1: And you sat on it imagining what what you would be like to sit on it? Don't you sit there for And then another randos start looking get annoyed that even sat on it having some sort of fancy and you'd sit there as the TV would be there.
Speaker 6: I thought it finally got to the end four hours and then she goes, I'll bring out the swatches or whatever they call.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, the different fabrics.
Speaker 5: She brings out a double decker trolley. I counted there was over.
Speaker 1: Too too much choice, too much choice, and also men shut down when there's too much choice. It should be black and white, A or B, not like the whole letters, don't you don't know? I wonder you've walked away for a.
Speaker 6: Week and then you choose the color and you go and then you've got to go back and choose the fabric.
Speaker 1: Is this do you like it?
Speaker 5: Knobbly or something like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, So let me guess what color you're going for? Beij no it color? What are we going for?
Speaker 5: Forest green?
Speaker 4: Oh, you'll be back at that shopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian color show podcast, Christian, I'm watching the World Cup final. I don't think you're alone. Chris. It's amazing how many pubs are open showing it. Driving here this morning, comes to the radio station. There are a lot of pubs right now with some very drunk people. They are not going to remember who won the game by the end of it. Christian, I'm watching it. I agree. I'm now cheering on Spain. The more I watch Argentina, the more I dislike how they play. You'd be careful if you get up and not your TV half the team will fall over. They love to dive around and roll around. I've been shot by some kind of imaginary sniper in the stands. Christian. Three word weekend is dog, Sunshine Beach. Christiaan. My three word weekend is The Odyssey Epic. Oh great, yeah, that's some friends that's all over the weekend said, it is an incredible movie. How cool is this? By the way, one of my friends is a sports supporter, so he's been out covering the World Cup for the BBC, and so he's been jetting criscross in the country, going to Mexico, going to Canada. Anyway, last week he's on a flight and it was overbooked. I don't know if you've ever been in this situation before. They beg people to get off the plane. So they come on the tannoy and they're like, look, this plane is over, but we need fifteen people to get off. Would you like to volunteer? We give you free hotel, accommodation for a night, and a food and drink as well. No one moves, they come back on. We'll give you all of that and five hundred dollars to get off the plane. No one budgets. It then goes up to twelve hundred dollars get off the playing it goes to fifteen hundred. My mate goos, I'm getting off. Got fifteen hundred dollars, five star hotel, free food and drink.
Speaker 5: That's a great deal.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. My three word weekend is wife went clubbing. I went home. So Friday was our daughter's twenty second birthday. Right, we had a lovely day with the whole family. It was great and we had nice brunch together and then we went out for dinner in the evening and we had a fantastic dinner. Still at a laughter, swapping stories, mainly penning crap on my wife and I it was putting because our daughters now are twenty two and nineteen. They're a great company. And anyways, it's a very lively dinner my wife. I suddenly look around and realize, is how can I put this? My wife has had a really good time. Now we all understand what I'm saying. She's really touched into cocktails, actually real she doesn't normally, you know. So she's well away, married, she's out, she's now on for kicking off, not knocking off. I'm not. I don't know about you guys. On a Friday night, by about ten half ten, I'm done, just done. And so the girls obviously wanted about clubbing, and I said, well, look I won't. I won't come with you guys. And I'm like, he wasn't even invite let dad. Who wants their dad? Who's that creepy guy at the bar? Oh that's my dad.
Speaker 5: It's an undercover cop.
Speaker 1: No one's knockover or a dealer. They said, you look more like a dealer. I mean, can't we get with undercover cop not dealer? So I said, oh, look I'm gonna I'm gonna head home. And I sort of squeeze my wife's hand to say you should definitely get your yeah. But she didn't. She'd she'd she's got somewhere ware. There was no feeling in her hands.
Speaker 5: She was I never yet.
Speaker 1: And of course the daughter's like, Mum, come coming with us, and I'm like, oh my word. So I go home. And as I'm getting in the uber, I see them going in a different uber somewhere else. I'm please, Universe, let this be okay. And normally I'd say to my wife, hey, keeping on them. I had to say to my two Ruby and Lowis you keep an eye on your mum. She didn't come back for three hours. Oh wow. When I got up in the middle of night to check everyone's okay, and I saw and this this happens to me more than it does my wife. But you know, sometimes you're so drunk it looks like you're spontaneously combusted your close. No, normally you sort of take it, you hang your stuff up, or you might lay it somewhere. It looked like she had just evaporated. I'm like, oh, this is your weekend. It's good. In the morning, I was up lively, up early, getting breakfast ready, and then my wife was like, my god, Chris, I went wow, we but what an epig night they all had and life's too short. You need to live a little. They've now got this incredible these photos of my wife dancing counseling some middle aged woman in the queue to get into one club. Sarah, Yes, it is an incredible night. So yeah, my three word weekend. As wife went clubbing, I went home.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show Go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Now Every Monday on the show, we swap our weekend stories and you share yours as well. We call it three word weekend. Keith sent us a message Friday and just giving me an update here he was doing something incredible over the weekend. Christian, my three word weekend. First swimming lesson, Yes, jiminy message just on on Friday, Christian on Saturday was my first swimming lesson because of my fear of water. When I was eight years old, I nearly drowned. Keith is in his sixties now and he's overcoming he's working to overcoming his fear of water, and my first lesson got rid of a quite a bit of the fear. I need to concentrate my breathing and swimming technique, but I had an awesome time in the pool. The first lesson was free, and I've signed up for the full term, which is the next three months. Keith, this is incredible. Honestly, what you know an inspiration, Keith, let us know how all goes. That's amazing now on Friday Show. In fact, all the time wastes last week were I think the best ones be bad. So let's see if the streak it continues to this week. Friday's time waster was your ancient movie. Some of the girls from Friday My Pharaoh Lady. We brought a Zeus pretty in Sphinx, Detective Matchew pikachuw Brilliant, and the winner was listener Elliott with Miss Confuciality Storm Brilliant. Up for grabs today as in the next ten minutes, as we do a part two extra time waster for your ancient movies is red Hot Summer Tour tickets. Pair of tickets for the best in show we get during the next ten minutes for your ancient movies text yours oh four seven five three one oh four three. Al Right, some extra ones My Big Fat Greek Odyssey, Gold Breakfast at Pompei's Silver Dale em for Minotaur Gold, Mad Maximus Philipus Toga Gun Gold and the Devil wears sandals forgive him polite there. Mentally, he said, for honest Aria, when did you got eight? It's a Monday Ancient Movies Acropolis now, Oh, very good at.
Speaker 6: Silver Cloudiest with a chance of meat, Paul Gold, Miyan cousin Vinnie.
Speaker 1: Oh that's very good, Gold plus mine cousin Vinnie, very good, Thank.
Speaker 6: You, and tutan commen to America Gold as well.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, It's to Christian O'Connell's show, Monday Morning extra time and a time waste up for grabs. Tickets go to the Red Hot Summer Tour Live, which is Kidan already annoyed with me. That's what we're supposed to be giving at half eight Primetime, you grubby lot. We was just supposed to get a bang or something off pen Prime Time, a half six Pommy no un produce of Caitlin's watch. And then she went, I may have confused you. That's a permanent state. All right, you can have the tickets, all right, son. Ancient Movies Alexander the Great Gatsby silver, Not Payday, POMPEII day, Oh, very good gold. Look who's touton coming to dinner Chris? Three men in a Babylon Silver, Finding Caesar Gold, Raiders of the Lost, Joan of Arc Silver plus, who's that from? That is Lyndon? Who is a new listener, Welcome to the show. There's something about Mayan's Gold Pulp, Trojan Silver Broke, Brachiosaurus Mountain silver plus Lisa, well done, Breakfast at the Colisseum Silver, The Green Nile Silver plus Teuton Carmu Mutant Ninja Turtles. I mean it's just thrown in too. It's name in there.
Speaker 5: It's a bronze.
Speaker 1: Fifty shades of Clay. No, I like it. It builds ancient Oh Clay, No, no, no, so oh no, You're still on Clay Silver plus, Troy Story Gold, Very clever Paul, The Dark Knights of the Round Table Silver plus Head of Troy Story Gold, Mummy Mia World on Paul and finally Zouslander Gold. All right, who is the winner? Who is off to the producer Presenter Confusion, Red Hot Summer Tour Live.
Speaker 5: Chris with Look, who's student Carmon to dinner?
Speaker 2: Well on you, Today's winner Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So it's morning on the show. Then we got the miss hid lyrics come up in an hour's time, more of your bean stickers, and then I'm serious. This week we're in Sydney for the week. Every couple of weeks we're here in Sydney, and I was just thinking last night one thing I missed when I'm in here is a home cooked meal. You know, I'm eating out a lot, Uber eats a lot, and I thought it'd be really nice, as we get to know on new listeners here in Sydney, if one of them would invite me around to their home and cook me dinner. All right, okay, yeah, look, I'll bring the wine and the garlic breads, but you cook for me round at yours. And I've got time this week Wednesday night, So more on that later, but just start to have a thing maybe at the back of your mind right now. What have you got in the pantry that you can rustle up for your new favorite radio DJ.
Speaker 5: What are some of your favorite foods.
Speaker 1: I'm actually a pretty easy eater, okay, so I don't mind whatever people would like, whatever their best dishes. Bring your a game okay, I'll also bring because I've seen here there's still about a thousand Viennetta's yes, actually shoved in various bits of this office here. I'll bring dessert as were, and the garlet bread and some wine. You just provide dinner for me. Yeah, all right, But right now, then next week, next Wednesday, my book finally comes out unscript and next Monday, Monday night, I'm having a book launch party. Amazing venue in Melbourne, Strato, Melbourne elevated dining with stunning three hundred and sixty three panoramic views from the iconic level forty. There's going to be drinks there. And I've just heard from Ju Kaitlin Canna pay whoa whoa fancy books, literature publishing. Cannapiseos chopped up Viennetta. We can't get rid of these via lettas, all right. So and also Rio is going to be running the Q and A.
Speaker 5: I know, I'm excited. I'll be the one asking you questions.
Speaker 1: Oh, tables reversed and that cannapase a night to remember. And now it's next Monday night, but I would be doing if we said Monday night, people would think it's tonight. No, yeah, I would say pass if I said Monday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd get confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would. If someone says, so it's Monday night, it sounds like it's night, so we need to say it's next Monday night.
Speaker 4: It's not say Monday next week.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, actually, but what about next Monday night?
Speaker 5: Monday night? Still next?
Speaker 4: Is that like tonight? No, I just say Monday next week.
Speaker 5: Because the next Monday is no, what is the next month?
Speaker 1: Would you say that the next Monday available is next Monday? What? What's that next Monday? Next monthday? So it's next Monday night. Yeah, tonight is tonight? Next Monday night is the twenty seventh of to night?
Speaker 5: Yes, and that's when it is.
Speaker 1: So So I would say to you, if we're acquaintances in the office, hey, what are you doing next Monday night? You wouldn't that. You wouldn't say I'm not free tonight.
Speaker 6: No, I'd say I'm hosting a Q and A with Christians your mind.
Speaker 1: Would you said there's cannopes available?
Speaker 5: That would be I'd leave with cannapes?
Speaker 1: And what about three hundred and sixty degree view? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, matter which way you turn, your.
Speaker 1: Head elevated because there's no point doing that three sixty degree view on level level one.
Speaker 6: I think that when they say elevated darning, I think they mean more the level of the cuisine, not.
Speaker 1: I think it's both. Oh, you didn't get it. This is this is general waste of fact. Are you sure you're the right burst of the Q? And a elevated means it's heiny and elevated as in the standards. Oh, okay, it overlooks the entire city.
Speaker 5: Yes, I guess that is.
Speaker 1: Oh I would I need to see these questions. I know the book is called unscripted. Maybe a little bit of scriptive for next Monday night. I'm only dropping cannapes on this night. Rio, okay, So if you want to come along next Monday night. So then we got that sorted twenty seventh of July. Elevated dining in terms of standards and the height up in the sky, Come and joy and you can get the book signed by me two days before officially comes out.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, my dad would say that the book launch is Monday week.
Speaker 5: Monday Week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dad's wrong, Christian. I'm happy to have you around Wednesday night. My husband and I have to start listening to the show. You pick you can come around for a roast chicken stir fry or high protein taco pasta with your garlic breads.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of such.
Speaker 1: A usual, wow, Lisa, thank you very much. Janel's invite me around Wednesday night? Can cook me a do you mean a meanless? Anyea? You put here a mainless? Is that the mains or is it starts to size? But thank you Christian in more than we can have come around have doing this with us on Wednesday night. Wednesday is normally family dinner for us, so our whole family would be there. Would probably just do you a spag pole, Susie. Thank you very much. I just need somebody to feed me Wednesday night. It's all good, all right. Right now, we're gonna give away tickets to come to book launch party next Monday night. No, next Monday night. No one's confused, you're confusing yourself. You've only just worked out what elevated dining means. All right, but launch next week. Let's take some calls right now. Who we got here? Vanessa, good morning, Welcome to the show, Vanessa.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian and team.
Speaker 1: Now Vanessa fancy coming down plus one next Monday night.
Speaker 8: I would love to Christian.
Speaker 9: That'd be amazing.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Look forward to meeting you and sharing a glass of one with you next Monday night. See them lessa, see you. No confusion there. Let's now go to Mick. Good morning Mick.
Speaker 9: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm good Mick. I'm here on a lovely weekend. So your fancy coming next Monday night?
Speaker 9: Oh look, Christian, I'd love to come. I've read the article on the paper on the weekend and you're just truly inspiring personally. I'd love to meet you, and yeah, just yeah, it'd be fantastic.
Speaker 1: Thanks Mick. Look forward to meeting you, and thank you very much your kind words. I see you next Monday night.
Speaker 9: Mate, great, Thanks Christian, thank you?
Speaker 1: Who else? So we got here? Tania? Good morning, Tania, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 9: Please I need tickets to come in see you.
Speaker 8: I'm fangirling a little bit.
Speaker 10: And I need to come and listen to all your wonderful story.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll try and find something during the next seven days. I we'll have Cannipace, I'll have Canterpace for you.
Speaker 8: I'm there mate. You got food on there, lovely.
Speaker 1: That's my kind of book launch people.
Speaker 5: Is it food?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, one's mentioned in the book. Let's just talk about the food. Listen, fangirl Tarnia, I'll see you next Monday night. Okay, elevated I look forward to it. Just sounded a bit so creepy. Actually, I'm not elevating, Tania Coin, just saying it's elevated because it's it's very high up. Have we established that it's a mile up in the air.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, Go On podcast, Thank you very much for your messages.
Speaker 1: People want to come to the boot launch party next Monday night. Christian Light, you're watching the World Cup Final. I'm scrolling through the World Cup Final work comments and they're telling me Argentina's Enzo Fernandez has been booked in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Makes it sound like it's a traffic violation, Renzo, it does, Christian. This is Louise the voice lady from Friday. Yes, can I come to the elevated cannopey Leyden event? That is not tonight, but in seven days time and twelve hours. That's the only way we can guarantee. Christal clear confusion here. I will choose to much selection of cravats and smoking jackets to compliment the cannopas. Yes, Louise, coming down, Christian. I'd love to come and meet you Monday night. Rooking forward to meeting you and the cones. We won't be doing cones. I think you mean is that a typo for cannapace.
Speaker 5: Different type of.
Speaker 1: Event, very different type of book launch. I don't know what whose boat launched that is, but it's not it's not my one. All right, coming up next time pass He's got the latest news and sport. Over the weekend, the world record was smashed for the quickest mile. It's been I think the record has been intact for about twenty seven years, and a Scottish athlete, Josh Kerr, has said a new world record. He announced in March that he was going to do this to break the record for the mile and he called the project two hundred and twenty two because that's how many seconds he had to run it in and he did it over the weekend. When someone actually says they're going to do something and then actually backs themselves and now you should watch it is an incredible performance.
Speaker 6: I saw he was so he was almost lapping the up. Yes people and they're pro yes, And I didn't even know Scottish people produced a lot of good.
Speaker 1: That's racist. If you wave fruit or vegetables at them, they will run away, or they see that the red Thomas coot and they see sunshine, they will retreat at a pace. I think that's what he was training for the last couple of months doing that. Anyway, it's an impressive new world record, an amazing, amazing achievement. However, I'm guessing that a lot of people that listen to a show right now I've got their own very very impressive records and person bests. Okay, now I don't want to speculate here, but it might be most of my most macas that they had in a twenty four hour period. So if you've got your own personal record that is equally impressive to you, please share it this morning with this the.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, a new world record was set for the fifteen hundred meters by a Scottish athlete, Joshka. That record is in place for twenty seven years. Incredibly hard thing to do. Run fifteen hundred meters incredibly quickly two hundred and twenty two seconds. That's what he called his project two hundred and twenty two And he did have the weekend incredible story. Anyway, Obviously, we the people that listen to show are athletes in their own special way with equally impressive records. Of course, personal best this one here, Christian, My record is eleven small party dim simms in my mouthfall at one time, Vaughn, he's our Josh Kah.
Speaker 5: That is incredible, you.
Speaker 1: Know, needs to be on a podium.
Speaker 5: Project eleven.
Speaker 1: And this is this, this is well, it's something Santo Christian, I want eight sixty dollars worth of macas on my own. Didn't he all day to achieve this way of training? I guess aren't you're peaking? You know you're interm You have a meal there for five dollars. What's you eating that the entire menu? That's impressive.
Speaker 5: That, it's very impressive.
Speaker 1: What about this? Edwina personal burst to me at my local gym, five thousand medicine bol sit ups non stop? Come on, Rocky Eduena, are you joking with a partner? Took us over two hours. We still hold the record. Wow, we set it around thirty years ago.
Speaker 5: It's still standing.
Speaker 1: Incredible, Yes, Edwina, that's a fantastic Now, Producer Tina, she's fifty percent of the Chuckle Sisters, has our own record as well. Whenever Producer Tina starts to sneeze, for most people, it's a one, it's a one. Oh excuse me, sneeze Tina. It's there's gonna be many more. Yes, yeah, what is your record for sneezes? Tina?
Speaker 4: My record is fifty eight in one day.
Speaker 1: The incredible thing is that you were counting them. Fifty eight is so many the hourly rates. Fifty eight in a day is a lot ria. What is your record?
Speaker 5: I've also got a food one.
Speaker 6: At the Guzman and Gomez in Crown Street in Sydney, they had a promotion in about twenty twelve twenty thirteen where they had a three kilogram burrito at if you could eat the three kilo marines at in front of them, you would get it free. And I was a poor student at that point and that was like, this could feed me for.
Speaker 5: Three days if I follow absolutely.
Speaker 6: And I was the first person at Crown Street Guzman.
Speaker 5: To achieve the feat.
Speaker 1: You wait, A three kilo?
Speaker 5: A three kilo burrito?
Speaker 1: What was it? How lod it take? You know what?
Speaker 5: I actually went.
Speaker 6: Down pretty easy. I've punished it. It was I reckon about no more than ten minutes.
Speaker 5: Let it see it. You can't let it sit. You just got to smash through it.
Speaker 6: Otherwise your body realizes, hey, I'm really really full.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, the Christin O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm finding it hard to relax this morning.
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 1: I've got view envy? So we're here doing the show for a week in Sydney. We come every couple of weeks and I love it. It's brilliant and staying in a different bart of town this time, very nice area, Surrey Hills, hy popping off, Yeah yeah, yeah, finess. Anyway, the studio we're in, we're up in the Coca Cola building right in North Sydney. It's got an incredible view. We are seventeen floors up and it's got a view of Sydney Harbor. You know, no, you've got the view. Why would anyone design a radio studio where the guys pressing the buttons hosting the show is looking at a well, just a computer screen.
Speaker 5: You're looking at it.
Speaker 1: It's over my shoulder. I'm facing the wrong way. I'm sorry. I'm so annoyed. You've got a stunning view looking at the Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 5: Beautiful vista.
Speaker 6: I can see the upper house, I can see Center Point Tower, I can see this.
Speaker 1: All I can see is a clock and a screen with anyone designed to where the view is over my shoulder. I need Actually, I'm going to go and buy a mirror today. I'm going to go to Kmar get mirror up there, angle it so I can see the view. This is ridiculous, all right, this one on the show we're looking for your personal best your records question. My personal best record has happened this morning. I got myself and the kids out of the house on time for the first time ever. Congratulations to the record. I don't know you're going to do that. You should have warned me. It's nothing sadder than just one clap like that. It sounds ironic. It's just one person. And whenever you and I do that, Patsy always leaves us hanging. And any any chance Patsy gets to leave us hanging, she will take that. Katie, good morning, good on hope. He had a lovely weekend, Katie. And Katie, what is your personal best?
Speaker 10: Well, it's not me. I said that he the lad of your girl knee. Sometimes it is one in one or two. But then there'd be extreme sneezing where he would have to pull over because he would usually sneeze between fifty and sixty times sixty at a time. I think the pious recording that was sixty seven record.
Speaker 1: That beats producer Tina's record. That's incredible. It must be quite a lot for him to go through something like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, extreme. Yeah, he studies false teeth out a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Katie, thank you very much, you corm I have a good day. Let's go to the karate Kid Chris, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian gang. Here are we all.
Speaker 1: I'm very good. So sensy, you've broken boards with those weapons of yours your hands?
Speaker 11: Yes, my my whipping yet, well my handwripping is last night, didn't I didn upgrade to another grading. We became sin saying trying to do for and spaceboards.
Speaker 1: You brought four boards, unspaced.
Speaker 5: Boards stuck on top of each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that would you do that punch elbow.
Speaker 11: No, just a normal knife hand strike.
Speaker 1: A knife hand, So that's like that, yes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, doesn't hurt just and if you do wrong or what. But no, it's a good challenge.
Speaker 11: And I've tried before and I'm going to try for a few more shortly, but I'll probably en up in the hospital.
Speaker 5: But how many trying? Eight seven six?
Speaker 11: There's a lot of records for un space boards like a timber solid timber.
Speaker 1: So Chris, how about this? You come and do it in front of us on the show. Yeah. I'm always looking for any way, anyway to elevate the viewing figures. If I could host on an event, I think we'd have a highest ever rating. Who doesn't want to hear a man breakthrough six boards?
Speaker 5: I want to hear it more than a shooto knife.
Speaker 11: Edge, Christian, I came up in a hospital before I do it.
Speaker 8: We'll try.
Speaker 11: If I succeed, I'll repeat it with you.
Speaker 1: Brilliant Okay, lovely Chris, there's a deal. Chris, thank you very much for corning and karate Kid justly.
Speaker 8: Think so much.
Speaker 10: Christy.
Speaker 11: Enjoy the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Ben. Good morning, Ben, Good morning, how are we? I'm good man? How are you in a lovely weekend? Fancy call on the show? What is your personal record, Benny Boy?
Speaker 8: Twenty seven pieces of KOSC under an hour back to food.
Speaker 1: Ninety eight percent of our athletes our food related. I did this. That's so much KOFC crowd.
Speaker 8: I think, what.
Speaker 5: Are we talking? We could wings original peace?
Speaker 8: What do you original pieces? Pieces? I want the KFC we can eat And they asked me to leave, and I said, no, I haven't been seen you. How many many preeces? What you like? And fourteen came out of my mouse? So I went for another fourteen pieces, already eaten like thirteen pieces, and then they sat there and watched meat consumable.
Speaker 1: Shut down there asked me to leave. We've got to do that as a phone on tomorrow's show. Why were you asked to leave? I was eating too much KOC.
Speaker 6: Because they don't have it anymore. Maybe Ben, you're the reason they shut it down and.
Speaker 8: It could have been. This was over Brisbane at the time, But yes.
Speaker 1: Ben, it's impressive. You're my kind of athlete. Ben.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Brilliant story. Thank you very much to calling mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 8: You too, see it.
Speaker 3: Christian Connor Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Spain being Narcentina one now in the World Cup final. There's these amazing scenes right now we've got Spanish players crying with the emotion of winning the World Cup. Brilliant. It's been a brilliant Brillian World Cup. I've loved I've seen so many great games. And then Messi playing in his last ever World Cup game. The incredible thing about Messi is even at thirty nine, which is old for a striker, right even at thirty nine, he's the best player in this entire tournament. He's been incredible, absolutely amazing. It's been. It's been a fantastic World Cup. And at the start of it we gave away all forty eight countries to forty eight listeners. Do genm to the biggest World Cup suite in the world ever And obviously now we have the winner thanks to Harvey Norman and Brevel winning the arge Aules Romaine. Really the brevl Barista pro Espresso coffee machine is Vanessa who got Spain. Brad who had Argentina was urging me to declare it a draw an hour ago so we can have the coffee machine Spain. Vanessa, you get the win. All right, let's get into today's misheard lyrics. Missman Christian as miss heard lyrics. Everybody on the show, we play back to your miss heard lyrics. If we agree with what you are mishearing, you're hear this. If we don't hear it, you'll hear this. And for the really great ones. Instance Hall of Favor last Monday, too great Hall of Famous we had. There's from James Rain Fall of Rome. Sorry listener, Sean, not listen to James Rain. I mean you may listen Full of Rome every morning when I'm wetting my bed. Tricia had Wuthering Heights. Kate Bush, I don't know why we didn't get a divorce. All right, brand new ones, let's get into them. Nicole Christian, I heard you were talking about classic nineties foods the other day, so I had to send this in Tiny Dancer, Elton John. The boulevard is not that bad?
Speaker 5: Is not lad bad?
Speaker 1: Or is it? The vola Vont? The vola vont about nineties with the volavont is not that bad? Wow? Great, is Nicole? Yes, that's a great spot. The Volavon is not that bad? Is not that bad? All right? Amanda faf great surname fat. It's too much fath, isn't it. We don't want to have too much fath in life? Do it's too much of a fath? No? No, no, they can come to us. It's a heartache, Bonnie Tyler. It's a heartache, nothing but a heartache.
Speaker 3: It's a heart.
Speaker 1: Nothing but hard or is it? It's a hard egg, nothing but a hard egg.
Speaker 12: It's a harty, nothing but a hat.
Speaker 1: No Fath, it's there, thank you, Josh has got Let's get married, Jagged Edge. Christians, so sorry about the soccran. First I told you guys, I made it crystal clear. I don't want to be speaking about it ever again. Why is he put it in writing? I don't want to talk about any of it. Condolencies. I don't want to read them. I don't want to be saying I hope it doesn't trigger what's too If you're fearing the triggering, I would. I'm having a great day at the moment looking at sad Argentinian players, and now this is ruined anyway, Let's get married, Jagged Edge. The original line is see, first of all, I know these socre players wouldn't tell you this? What know this soccer players or is it see First of all, I know these soccer players wouldn't tell you this.
Speaker 5: This soccer play.
Speaker 1: Very very good. These soccer players wouldn't tell you this.
Speaker 5: Know this soccer.
Speaker 1: Players, Yes, very good. Emma Hollows has got Honeybee by Olivia Rodrigo, And I hope I never see what your face looks like going. That's that one. It's goot hear again that remix. Apologies, I've just been triggered. Sorry, where will we Honeybee? Olivia Rodrigo? I hope I never see what your face looks like going? Or is it a stronger line? I hope I never see that your face looks like Gollum? Does anyone like how they look? You know when you actually put on face time, when you're just sort of slumped in a chair and you meant to call somebody, but he goes in the fence. You're not my god, No, no, no, I'm not in this angle. Uh, Stuart's Chris and you listen to the show. Here in Sydney got Mishurts father figure, George Michael I will be your father figure, all right. He's got two possibles here. The original line is obviously, I will be your father figure. He's either hearing I will be your bottom feeder or I will be your creature feeder.
Speaker 5: Bottom.
Speaker 1: I hear bottom feeder. I never thought I said that. On the radio now Saturday evening in Woolies, your correspondent, I heard this one. They were playing in Woodies. They were playing Choir Girl, Good Tune by Carl Chisel. Loves Me Like a Sister is the original line. As they're playing the song and I'm trying to work out what cheese is to get on Saturday night. Tough choice. Actually, they were playing the song and I was so, oh my god, he's not really saying that. Actually googled the actual lyrics because Chris Warne he was saying, loves me like a sea slug, doesn't it? He sounds like, can they play it again? Loves Me like a sea slug? Very different lyric lovely Locke like a sea slug.
Speaker 5: Lovely see.
Speaker 1: I saw what I get his I have sea slug.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: All right, that's this week's miss Her lyrics. That's always whenever you miss hear them when you're buying your cheese or wherever you are, email them through Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a youth.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Christian O'Connell show go On podcast.
Speaker 1: We need your help help spread the word of the show, the bright Side of the Dial, that's what we call the show. All the other shows in Sydney and Melbourne are spending a lot of money buying expensive billboards. We want your binboards to advertise the show. I saw the needs a bin I'll send you a sticker. Add some voice messages over the weekend for people we want to sign up and enroll an enlist in the bright Side Ben Battalion.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christian Marrickville, New South Wales needs binstickers because the bin Chickens need friends.
Speaker 1: Quite right. That should be the official bird of this country. By the way, the ben Chickens on the.
Speaker 5: Coat of arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah look go my god, look beautiful. Every airport you'll have a welcoming tourist from around the world, the ben Chickens of Australia.
Speaker 12: Hi, troops, it's Carol bright Side listener number six sixty three, reporting for Judy from sunny Downtown Woggle Woggan, New South Wales.
Speaker 5: I've already been.
Speaker 12: In the bin Army when we took on Kyle and Jackie O and that turned out pretty darn good. And here to report for Judy. Let's take on Western Sydney. I've got three bins, only one side's taken with the old sticker. Happy to update and take on the West to find.
Speaker 1: That works out pretty well. It's a big thing this year, that one. All right, let's go to Brad's.
Speaker 5: Hi, Christian, it's Brad from Canterbury.
Speaker 12: I was gonna put a sticker of you on my bathroom mirror, but that will.
Speaker 3: Only make my day brighter.
Speaker 12: So how about we get some bin stickers for my five bins out the front and.
Speaker 1: We'll make every Wednesday brighter. Take it easy, Christian, thank you five binch. I know you've got the recycling, and then some people have a different recycling one. Don't they have glass only. I've got general waste and garden waste glass organic? Could you mean organic? You mean like I call garden.
Speaker 6: Waste glass recycling general?
Speaker 5: So what's the fifth recycling?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, we've mentioned recycling.
Speaker 1: Thanks all listen. Spain's just won the World Cup recycling anyway, Let's go to Sophia.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Safa from North Palm Mata Sydney Big Stance of the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: My mum wrote Hi last week asking for a bin sticker.
Speaker 13: We really need it so recycling bin doesn't get stolen again. So, mister Christian, where's.
Speaker 1: Pete Brown tomorrow with the winsticker. I'm sorry about the sloppy service. That is a team it is. I like it. Pete. Let's get out there tomorrow and actually hand deliver the binstickers. We've upset that teenager. You don't want to upset teenager. Misters, mister Christian.
Speaker 5: It's been a week now.
Speaker 1: The producers very very very smart thinking wow, we they've I asked him to compile a list of significant bins of where we could like high profile you know bins of Melbourne and Sydney Melbourne MCG yeah, Fed Square, Lunar Park, the Art Center, you know the spile Oscar Piastre's house. I think he lives in Monaco tax reasons, so.
Speaker 5: His family house.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, and his mum listens to the show now Sydney, Sydney Opera House, Tonga Zoo, c G Lunaparte, Sydney Penrith Panthers League Club, Darling Harbor and then obviously they must have thought, well, hang on, we've given him Oscar preast You know that's a megastar in Melbourne who is of equivalent standing. Just check my note here from the producer's Ben Fordham's house. So what team is he with? Team talkback? What Ben Fortam's house? Oscar Pistree, Ben Fordham, He's the youngest, is meant from Ben? I love Ben and Rio and I found out a couple of months ago he listens to the podcast. So Benny boy, Hello Ben, would you like a Ben's sticker? Do you want to copy the book as well? You might pick up a few tips. But Ben Fordham's house compared to Oscar Preastre's house.
Speaker 6: It's the logical equivalent.
Speaker 1: As soon as you look at Oscar Preastri, you can't help my thinking of its equivalent counterpart in Sydney, Benjamin Fordham. All right, if you want one of our Ben's stickers, and I hope you do, come join the bright Side to Bin Battalion. Head to the gold website dot com that are you register will send you a sticker. Mister Christian will.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian down here. Can I possibly have six Bens stickers and he three from the main house, three for the granny flat behind us that my in laws live in. Yes, down, I'll send them, send those out today. What happened, by the way to put Kellyon's idea of that shipping container that she was going to house the in laws? And I don't know whether they the authorities got involved with that. Today's time West is make a movie nineties? What do we think? Top five most view TV shows of the nineties, Seinfeld? But you've just been listening to me playing the theme tunes. Now you know what for? He's got He's got insight. Now I thought you were being quiet making a note? Yes, Seinfeld, is there real? Actually think some top five pats biggest TV shows in nineties?
Speaker 4: Friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 1: What were they?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Other big shows of the nineties and all but many big sitcoms.
Speaker 4: Mad About You?
Speaker 1: No, I loved Mad About You. Paul Reiser a very very funny show, very good. Now I'm recognized this fuck Tim Allen's big show, so Home Improvement. I still love that show. Biggest show, hands down there of the nineties. I loved the show r before there was the pits. There was er brilliant show, Young George Cooney, great show. All right, so to down the toime way, so asking to make the movies nineties? All right? Men in BlackBerry Silver, Oh I still love my BlackBerry still the.
Speaker 5: One with the full keyboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that the matrix printer Gold you want them man, it's all top matrix, top grunge, Silver, Bill Clintonland, Ted's excellent adventure and he had a way of a time. Elephant under the desk, Monsters and sink.
Speaker 5: That's very good.
Speaker 1: Gold and Away, sister awastin gold do you want it? It's on a tip your tongue. It doesn't sound like gold Aways, sister act if you Goldberg and the Gallicans was sister scans scans Oway, Sister Da. All right, what have you got rio make your movie? Nineties?
Speaker 5: Ferris Bueller's Big Day Out Festival.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, Silver to Puck too Furious.
Speaker 5: Oh that's clever Gold Backstreet Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 6: Hey, Silver and the Pokemon Rings twice.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: We have a voice message from Ben Fordham taking time out from his turbat road. You sure this morning? If I do, you guess what will be on the talkback run sheet today, win a Pauline Hanson bedroom poster cyclists why we hate them? It literally would be something like that, wouldn't it. That's on any given hour on talk Yes, should we be started cheering foreigners onto the World Cup anyway? Benny boy Fordham has left this message his favorite radio presenter.
Speaker 13: Hey, I am trying to host a radio show, Sydney's number one first show. But yes, mate, I'd love a sticker, A bloody Christian O'Connell bin sticker. Of course, that's exactly what I woke up dreaming about this morning.
Speaker 1: In fact, can you send me three of them?
Speaker 13: I can't promise whether they'll end up on the outside of my beIN or on the inside, but please send them to me.
Speaker 1: I've got to get back on the air, so hear his producer. There there's a script to your left. Yes, stick to the script, Ben, Thank you for being such a good spot. I'll get Pete and drop them off tomorrow. All right. Time waste today is make a movie The spice Girl with a pearl earring, Silver Dude, where's my cow? Bunger? Gold, knock your Country for old men, Silver dial up for murder, Silver plus the Grungebob Movie, Go World Donecane Sein Film Versus Batman.
Speaker 5: That's funny Gold.
Speaker 1: Three Men in a Furbie Silver, The Hypercolor Purple Ah Silver plus What Tie Die Hard, Good Old Tied, Bring It Back, Sisters of the Traveling Parachute Pants Silver, The Facts and the Furious sil plus Fray Sir with Love, Sir with Love. Girls just want to have Internet so true, Gold so true. Cameron's got Yo Yo, what you did last summer? Gold? Well, don't camp Cassette Blanca. Oh, that's very good. Michael Wilder Facts to the Future SILVERA Perms of Endearment Silver BLUs. That's very good. Donnor No country for Old Discman, No Country for Old Discman, Phil plus Deserve Gold. Adam Seinfielder Dreams Gold. That's some Nate Dirty Harry Connic Junr Blood Singing Detective Dirty Harry Cotta Junior is very good. Andrew manseiled at that one open Hansen Hanson, what on Laura Thime Master and Commander Russell Crowe working on those adductors god Blas time Master A Commander is brilliant. I've just got this image of the movie poster. We don't know him in his captain's gard But then those shoes, shoes, thighs. That's how he got them, Cromni big thies because he's got the fie. Master and Commander Cameron Barber very good and he's just not into way K two that interview. Keith, Yeah, you two things. You have to be there, man, you know everything's going to fall out the sky on our heads. I'm guessing yep. There has to be the image for the image that's burning into our minds all day today, Thy Master and Commander we need to get We need to get Abby works on the show in terms of our socials to mock up what that would look like, Thy Master, the world needs. I don't know why I'm salivating as I say Russ and Crows powerful in the thighs. It's too much. I've been triggered again about the whole England result against Argentina. Anyway, we are back tomorrow morning on the show. If you want one of our binstickers, then head to the Gold website dot com dot au. One of things we'll be looking for on tomorrow's show is your stories. If you've ever been in an elevator with someone famous, pats Has.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have with Hugh Jackman in fact way before here is huge.
Speaker 1: In Hollywood coming into for an interview.
Speaker 4: Yes, he'd come into the studio to do an interview and we happen to be leaving the building at the same time, and the door was closed, and he looked dashing.
Speaker 5: When you say happened to were you just waiting near that set?
Speaker 1: Trap?
Speaker 5: Beautiful trap?
Speaker 4: Oh he was so dashing. Thick maine of wavy black hair.
Speaker 1: Big maine. Yes, the horse's tail.
Speaker 4: Yes, like a stallion in the lift he was, but I was too shy to say anything.
Speaker 1: I shed a lift once with John Cena.
Speaker 5: You, oh wow, people, enormous man.
Speaker 1: It was. His back was like a door and today Russ and Crow's in the thighs. Anyway, the lift broke. We got in and it just wouldn't go, so we had to then walk up. Because this was back in the day when the Rat show in the UK, because it was right in the middle of London, we would get a lot of a listers because they do the rounds, don't They to go London, then they go Europe, then they do la It's why Graham Nort gets all these great guests and because they're all come to London do the Primo round, so we would have a lot of I would always go down then and get the guest. And so he starts chats on the way up and the left anyway, go down and get John cena is in a beautiful three piece suit, just a massive, solid white man. I know, no shifts. Yeah, and then we got on the lift. It just wouldn't work. This happened a lot in my old radio stations. I said, we're gonna have to walk and he swore kidding me, and.
Speaker 7: Then he the rest of the interview, he was really offish because obviously, as were then walking up five flights of steps, it's clear that your boy just not do cardio.
Speaker 1: He is no Cardio fan, big big dog like that going up. The only more flights is or more now, John, So I got a lot. The reason why his back is when that's all I could see is I was walking up behind a very grumpy John Cena is this third we got two more to go, John, We're they're ready for the interview, and he was so and then we hit at the end of the inc he goes, have I got to walk back down that's it. Going by downs easier, but then obviously it's like a busy office people then seeing him and asking him a photo is just getting even madder and madder. His neck muscles, you know, there's not that when someone's angry and they've got a big thick neck was bulging.
Speaker 5: You're lucky, Yes, I know.
Speaker 1: It'll be an honor to be supplexed by John Cena and get in between the thighs of Russell Crowe. I'm going to go now, I'm back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on podcast,