Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I came across this on the weekend, my casual reading with my morning cup of coffee on Sunday, and I spat it out.
Speaker 1: I was flabbergasted. I was bamboozled.
Speaker 2: I was perplexed because the list of most hated words has been released and not hated words hated like little nicknames.
Speaker 1: What would you call these, Laura, you'd call them.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't know, don't throw that to me. But my words like no, there's shortened words, abbreviations like playing a game. You guys have a great vocab, keep doing, please go on. No.
Speaker 2: Doctor Rachel Taylor, she's a neuroscientist. She said, the science behind using shortened words and abbreviations can.
Speaker 1: Turn you off someone.
Speaker 2: She said, if someone uses a word or phrase that we find embarrassing as humans, we instinctively want to distance ourselves from them, hence the cringe, which can be seen as physically making ourselves smaller.
Speaker 3: What she's saying that a word in a conversation can make you feel physically like you.
Speaker 1: Need to run the other.
Speaker 3: But also I think that this is true. It's the same for bad grammar, Like if you read bad grammar in a text from someone who you're kind of dating. I remember this guy would always write defiantly instead of definitely, and I was like, I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 1: That's not grammar. He doesn't know the word.
Speaker 2: Apparently, these words can be so triggering for people. It can trigger a fight or flight response among humans.
Speaker 1: Are what are these words? It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you my one that triggers a flight or flight or fight response, and that's yolo. Oh yeah, cool for a while, but I think I feel like foremost the same.
Speaker 1: It's gone on my way.
Speaker 2: Got the list of the top twenty five most hated words in the world. So play light bingo as you're listening in the car now if you say any of these words. Let's go at number one. The most hated word in the world is a maze balls.
Speaker 3: I've probably said that one amazed balls is not that bad for that to be number one most hated.
Speaker 1: I think it's not as bad as it could. Nooms worst is on the list. That's number six. Holy Bob's is number two, which sounds very British.
Speaker 2: Number three is also Oh anyone ever said awesomeness to me? I'd be out of that room and a heartbeat. Number four is lolls? What with zed lolls? Oh well, what's your take on line?
Speaker 3: I mean, well, you know what BRIT's take on lolls.
Speaker 1: I actually am going to contest this list.
Speaker 3: I say loll and loll all the time, like in a sentence, in a conceation.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you think this list like you've had to look forward at the top twenty five you think it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: I have. Actually I am reading it right now, and I'm pretty gobsmacked actually that some of these make the list.
Speaker 1: Because they're not bad at all. I swear to here. People say this all time.
Speaker 3: I've got a couple here. Bae toes toats is another one that's on here.
Speaker 1: I think I've used I used be very sporadically funny.
Speaker 2: You say that, Britt, because if we go down to number eight on the list most hated word, bae, You're exactly right.
Speaker 3: I've listened to this Bee, you can't eat like that, and then I was like, come on, Bee, we're not going to go down.
Speaker 1: This track that was on this very radio show.
Speaker 3: I think that there are many words on this list that have permeated it your vocabulary over the years.
Speaker 1: Hang on are you guys saying neither of you want to be around me? And I trigger a fight or f line Number four on the list lolls play the audio.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, loll that's very funny.
Speaker 1: Loll so green.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, it's not even that, it's britz. It's BRIT's abbreviations of lolls. It's turned into panel lol like ride the lol lolocopter. Sorry, funny the Lolla derby?
Speaker 1: Have you everyone?
Speaker 3: Get to get on board the Lolla coaster.
Speaker 1: Close the Loller door once we went, close the Lolla door. What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Close the roller door, close the Lolla You're born in the sixties, your Lolla skates?
Speaker 1: Get out? What about number thirteen? Roll the audio?
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry not sorry?
Speaker 1: Sorry, not sorry? You're not Demi Levado. How is sorry not sorry on a list?
Speaker 3: Sorry sorry is something that I feel like a seven year old would say when they've done something wrong and then they're like, sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 2: No. I don't think it's seven.
Speaker 3: I think this is dumb. I would like to say, at least you don't say some of these words. I haven't heard you say hanky panky, although at this time slot I do sometimes think that.
Speaker 1: That's we have to refer to you and.
Speaker 3: You don't say things like coolio, which would be a real problem.
Speaker 1: I would have also said.
Speaker 2: That no, And the moral of that story is, Britt, you're not that bad, but you're pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, my job is literally to speak, but thanks all right.
Speaker 2: Next on the show from She's on the Money, Australia's number one finance podcast, Victoria Devine is joining.
Speaker 1: Us and we have a thousand dollars cash up for grabs.
Speaker 3: He'll love give you money away.
Speaker 1: That's fun, right, It's what we do best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna find out what's in a handbag.
Speaker 1: It's right next on the pickup