Speaker 1: Christ yea, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime may have grabbed.
Speaker 3: Onto the Love God's arm and said, oh my god, there's dog with what's a handkerchief?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you go sand each other.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Shows one O four bins.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Ten minutes past six Tuesday morning. Good morning, Jack, morning, Gay, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Morning boys.
Speaker 5: So Patsy, you out in the early hours wrestling with the weather, the elements, the bluster.
Speaker 3: We had one heck of a storm come through about a quarter to three this morning, and I Chris woke, everyone was awake. I had to get the dog in. I thought he'd be pitted shot the walters.
Speaker 4: That's just you, Christian, your daughter, no bit.
Speaker 3: We're all awake. It was so I actually thought the neighbor's backyard shed was going to end up in our backyard. You could hear the the iron and stuff flapping around in the wind and all my washing. I had to get down from the trees. I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 6: Everywhere you're climbing trees for clothes at three am.
Speaker 5: Starts of the day isn't it. It was just strange, what's happened? I mean, Melbourne is it keeps you guessing, doesn't it. You know, just yesterday were more high fiving each and they going, no, the beautiful Day've been caught it today Sunday and Saturday grandfather was going Then over a storm, I heard rattling and I'm like, I have I been kidnapped?
Speaker 4: To mind another city now, in a different part of the world.
Speaker 6: We have one of those front door locks where you actually need the key in there to have the door locked, like a double lock. Yeah, and banker's keys have maybe one hundred keys on.
Speaker 4: It feels like we've got to do that today. Say my wife, there's about ninety keys on there.
Speaker 5: She's like she's in charge of like San Quentin lock up or something on Beanwing.
Speaker 4: What were the keys?
Speaker 6: So last night as the wind was hitting the front door and rattling it so having like the clang of the keys sounded like someone was trying to enter through the front door.
Speaker 4: It was terrifying. Perhaps that is a horrible way to start the day.
Speaker 5: I was pat Jack while we're getting ready for the show, Rio our producers in the studio and jackass Rio what floor he lives on, you know, as if he could fill this mile bluster over the weekend. He's at the top of the Eiffel towern It goes on the sixth floor. And I was explaining to them both, how two buildings move they have they have They can't be rigid, otherwise they crack because the pressure around them too great. Rio, this was news to you that buildings, including yours, will move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had no idea.
Speaker 6: Now I'm scared. Why would they?
Speaker 4: But you're only on the sixth floor. It's like any perceptible.
Speaker 3: It's like this height. If if I look out the window, I swear I'll see your apartment.
Speaker 6: I mean you can see the apartment.
Speaker 4: Mare, it moves too much.
Speaker 6: Short start, it starts at twenty or thirty inches, But what if it.
Speaker 5: Starts bringing a bear over and spreading it is flying, It.
Speaker 4: Would be barely perceptible. But it has to have some flex in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got I've got an answer on it. Skyscrapers sway a certain extent depending on the wind, usually one percent of its height. So for example, a fifty story building will sway half a meter half that's a lot that's fifty stories. That's big. So Birch Khalifer yep, biggest building in the world, eight hundred and twenty eight meters sways one point two to one point five meters.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's so much.
Speaker 6: Click Tom, cruise off in.
Speaker 5: There's a restaurant out near the top that my wife and I went to. Right, and you have to get in three different lifts to get up there, right, And I was okay for most of it, and then in the last cup of floors, suddenly you're the door's open and it's like it's windows a whole three sixty and part of my nervous sister went.
Speaker 4: No way, and I a lady had to help me. Right.
Speaker 5: They've got like a like a rail along the wall. I was holding the rail like it was a rope. Diners were looking at me ane of this right, it's so high up it if I know, and then we can't start eating.
Speaker 4: This thing is going to move. You're here right now, but any moment you could be a meter and a half away.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: We are the number one show for Garbos. I don't have nothing to back that up, but.
Speaker 6: No, I don't need to see the stats for that. The amount we call the shows.
Speaker 5: They're there every single you know, it's dark out, it's windery, it's cold, it doesn't matter. The Garbos are there. They've got it locked on. They're doing their work. They start way before we do, like three or four in the morning. There are that I think our most dependable listeners.
Speaker 6: And sadly, I think what happened overnight? Would that bluster and.
Speaker 4: Some of them blown away?
Speaker 5: Patsy, you better get back up there with that ladder and try and get some of them out of the trees.
Speaker 6: As I was driving to work, you notice that people who have put their bins out overnight, some of the bins have been blown over it and the rubbish from inside build over the road. I think my guess is and garbage truck drivers can tell us that this is the worst kind of night for a garbage truck driver because you'd spend your night in bed listening to the wind, thinking it's going to be a mess out there in the morning.
Speaker 5: Are you giving us a lot of form? Another fact that you've actually got their internal dialogue. You know, Dave, the Garbos that clutching.
Speaker 4: Is doner going.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a mess, Marie. Are you even listening to me right now? You've got a sea pat machine on marine, you know, sat Marie, it's going to be.
Speaker 6: For you, Marie. But you don't have to deal with down the sideways.
Speaker 5: I have to go down the yard early, got to pull up the truck. I can't use the arm to just pick them up because they're all lying down. KNA could like that.
Speaker 3: But are they do they have to? Are they obliged to write your bin?
Speaker 5: Nope, it's not not right. They just shut it down the street. Yeah, they's give that kick down to old fifty two. You're going and pick it up, mate?
Speaker 6: Good question. If maybe if it's sideways, they don't have to deal with it.
Speaker 3: Got time to do that.
Speaker 6: But someone someone's got it? Or do you think the homeowner has to come out?
Speaker 4: And I think it's very much down to us. I've got a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 5: Are some some some garbos I think must be doing that job, thinking at this flipping job? I reckon they go around just ramming them throughout the night.
Speaker 4: If that was me did that job, that's me just knocking them over that big old truck.
Speaker 5: On you pick them up, laughing just seeing them littered like falling tombstones in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 4: So what what do we want to know? Is this a nightmare day for you?
Speaker 6: Is it garbage truck drivers? Is it a nightmare day for you? Does it double your length of work today? Does a triple, a quadruple it? Tell us what the nightmare you're in for and we'll.
Speaker 5: Be sixt Tublet you know, we just keep going up there, Jack? Does it making a billion times longer today?
Speaker 3: Can we ask them to questions?
Speaker 4: Can we ask as well?
Speaker 3: I really want to know are they allowed to get out and write the bin or do they just leave it and bad luck?
Speaker 6: Great question?
Speaker 4: Right? Another one?
Speaker 5: Are they like to end life for people who haven't put the right bin out on the right day?
Speaker 4: Okay, Garbo's calling for the big interview.
Speaker 2: But Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 4: The Mild Wind Overnight Mild has really disturbed.
Speaker 6: Post seeks kilometers in an hour.
Speaker 5: I think your cat cats really don't like the wind. I think Jack is a cat. He's really disturbed by the way I've normally I'm begging you to google some stuff that can help the show. I can't draw you off Google enough you're transfixed to it today about different facts, that of the wind and gust.
Speaker 6: Something is offending me that you don't think Melbourne's wind last night was strong enough.
Speaker 3: It was stronger than forty ks gusts of up to one hundred and ten out my way?
Speaker 4: Come on, come on?
Speaker 3: How oding is from the bureau this morning?
Speaker 4: How often do we hear this phrase? Out my way?
Speaker 5: It was worse whatever's going on our way out Patsy's way. It's more extreme, like you're in the Arctics, So we do.
Speaker 3: Wind better out our way? It was one hundred and ten.
Speaker 6: Casside, you enclosed in in that.
Speaker 5: It's all those big four by foursgvs or gather like wagons, circle circle guys.
Speaker 4: Get you potch mc cans come on.
Speaker 5: So the question is for our loyal, dependable garbos of today. Is it a bad day because of the mild winds last night?
Speaker 6: I passed many a blown over bin this morning.
Speaker 4: I'll give a number to it, give it numbing to it?
Speaker 6: Three, No, come on, seven, seven, don't let them go out for the numbers.
Speaker 5: Agave with all day nine ten Ben all right, Alan, Alan, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, Jack Pett and the mad poi army.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we go here, we go.
Speaker 5: Alan, Alan, so you're a garbo mate, Yeah, okay. So Jack's got five questions, Pats, he's got three follow ups.
Speaker 6: So if you go, we'll just start with condolences. On a windy day.
Speaker 4: Black arm bands all around here on the show.
Speaker 6: He's a windy day, as I suspect a terrible day for gabos.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 8: Yes, because you might have figured out, you know, anywhere between twixty hours retires to get bean.
Speaker 3: Questions so you can get out of through the questions.
Speaker 4: Guys, stop, we got new ones producers.
Speaker 3: But that would add like hours to your run every day.
Speaker 6: Yes, can the run, yes, yes, Candala the day.
Speaker 7: But as your job, that's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Now is it your job then to pick up the if it's been blowing over? Is that not our job? It's at the front of our house.
Speaker 9: Uh No, we got to pick him up. Is it blowing out because of the wind. We have to get and pick them up.
Speaker 10: We can't just drive past them.
Speaker 6: And Alan, do you lie in bed on a windy night and think I dread dread tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like a sick Yeah.
Speaker 7: A few do you have a ciy but yeah, yeah, yeah, all these questions.
Speaker 6: All right, good luck out there today, Alan.
Speaker 4: Stay safe, Stay safe.
Speaker 5: Many get a rope and more it to the vehicle or something like a balloon. If you go up there, we get a morning rope. Uh, we've got more callers, Ben.
Speaker 9: Dragging out today, Ben, Good morning Kristen and Jack.
Speaker 11: And pass Ben.
Speaker 6: I must be honest, I think I've wasted all my questions on Ellen.
Speaker 5: But if you got any more than you have one right now, right now, Ben, Jack's getting another question for you about the mild bluster last night.
Speaker 12: U Ben?
Speaker 6: Is it worse?
Speaker 4: His favorite type of winther? What be around?
Speaker 6: You must on a calm night, you must sit in bed and think great day tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Perfect well, yes, but usually calm more night lead to drunk people walking around the inner city areas and out of Southern doing bin tippings, which leads to all.
Speaker 4: Major criminals.
Speaker 6: Yeah you damned if you don't.
Speaker 9: Sort of would you like an interesting factor?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, So in weather like this, if the winds has been very bad in a certain area on recycled day, about twenty five percent more recycled bins will be blown over. Than garbage just because of the nature of the material.
Speaker 4: Is that because the material will be generally speaking later?
Speaker 6: Yes, Ben, do you prefer to you?
Speaker 5: I really thought the smoking gum I've sold it. Guys, all right, give me the jfk assassination case. I've just wrapped this one up in ten seconds.
Speaker 6: Final question for me, then, Ben, do you prefer to be the bin driver or the recycling driver?
Speaker 4: What question was?
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter what frame I'm doing. I love the job, I love the people, and I love the residents.
Speaker 4: We get service.
Speaker 5: Good Ben, thank you very much for coming in coming in interceptions the winds.
Speaker 4: No more garbo questions.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's Show Podcast one.
Speaker 4: Final quick thought about bins.
Speaker 5: Yes, please if there is a company out there that will come around to your house and clean out the inside of those WHEELI bins.
Speaker 4: You have a customer right here.
Speaker 6: I have seen them are around. Yeah, you Willy bin butler. I've seen you driving around.
Speaker 4: Speak to an Englishman about a butler.
Speaker 5: I can't be still my heart. I dreamed of having a butler. William have you cleaned out my bins?
Speaker 6: I love the idea. He's in a full suit as well.
Speaker 4: Double white gloves.
Speaker 5: But will they do because the worst but I'm talking about is the one if you've got dogs, the what is that.
Speaker 4: The green waste?
Speaker 3: What's the what's the like the general waste?
Speaker 4: We've got different everyone's got different colored ones.
Speaker 5: So the one that you would put garden wasting, Yeah, did we call that the green lid?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But the bottom of that a year's worth of like dog turds, and that we've got two dogs and a cat, and that.
Speaker 6: It's to put the in the d to put it in the green.
Speaker 4: You aren't you composted?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we may need to. So where where do you think it should go? Well, it's not general waste?
Speaker 6: Well I put him in the plastic bag into the general.
Speaker 5: But I've got a little pooper scoops, So sometimes I just poop pooper scoop it and then chuck it in the bin. So in the bottom there, you know, it's like it sounds to break down.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of brown juice that like a poostjuice jack. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Every time opened up that lid, there's like flies and all kinds of like insects and larvae are in there. They maybe there's an next generation of flies and mutants that are living in that bin of mine.
Speaker 4: Do you think the butler's going to come around and do that? Now?
Speaker 6: He knows?
Speaker 5: Basically, have you got a full face visor because you're going to get spats of a brown juice.
Speaker 3: No, they have those utes and they've got like a unit on the back of it that they tip it upside down and it blasts water and.
Speaker 4: Basically gives it a bit. What you were talking about here is a bin enema.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like what they have at a pub for a glass.
Speaker 5: I take it to my local, so you watch out. These tour is going to come out.
Speaker 6: Alan's back our garbo from this morning?
Speaker 4: Hey Alan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, quick question then, so you know, like the bin that's green wiste garden.
Speaker 9: Waist, that's how I pick up.
Speaker 10: Yes, the green wais.
Speaker 4: Per good man.
Speaker 5: So that's how every week that bin you can always put it every week? And is that the one that if you've got a pet sayer dog that you would put their waist in.
Speaker 10: Yes, there you.
Speaker 11: Go pighty bags and you can put dead animals in him.
Speaker 4: Dead animals.
Speaker 7: It all goes and all gets molded up and goes in the ground.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's where my wife just a shave it. Save our money when I died. Just chop him up and put him in that bend.
Speaker 6: No plastic bag. Guys.
Speaker 5: Ultimately, whether he's a cough not, is getting munched up to speed up the process.
Speaker 4: Allan, thank you very much, have a good day.
Speaker 5: We're going to need him on Speeddal now he knows that I can see its situation somewhere next two hours we're calling Alan the garbo back.
Speaker 4: Patsy, how was your day yesterday?
Speaker 3: I had the most beautiful, heartwarming reunion yesterday. I caught up with a guy that I worked with many many moons ago, Craig, who I haven't seen. You know, I reckon thirty five years. We were both about sixteen seventeen and he was working at a radio station in Aubury and I was doing work experience and we struck up a friendship then. And while we've been emailing and talking on the phone, we've never actually physically met in all that time. But what was so lovely He got there first, and so he's standing on the other side of the road, and when I saw him, it was just like it was when we were sixteen. He had not changed. He was just still.
Speaker 5: I'm not your husband. But if I'm cress driving to work, listen to this. It's it's a lot of emotion. Oh my god, there is must stake with that.
Speaker 6: He's the same as he was at sixteen, cut backwards, skateboard under the army, boating shoes. It's just not wear a boat.
Speaker 3: But what was lovely about it?
Speaker 4: Lighting doors?
Speaker 3: He had too late to stop it. It's not like that he had not changed, and we just picked up where we left off when we were sixteen, like nearly forty years ago. It was crazy and that connection was still there and it was just so lovely to see him.
Speaker 5: It is lovely reunited with an old for hours. But there's a lot of energy that I don't quite fully understand. But anyway, I'll let you talk to Chris about that.
Speaker 3: But well, that's how I feel about my friends. I actually like.
Speaker 5: Feel something from a friend, and Patsy's you're not safe. I care looking across the road thinking could have done that.
Speaker 13: Jesus.
Speaker 4: When you are trying to say this, guys, is when you're.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commel Show podcast.
Speaker 5: But I promise you listener, I am trying to move the show on from talking about what goes in bins. However, I'm struggling today. Jen's just emailed me during a hadaway. Jen, why can't you just sit back, relax, have a coup and just enjoy the beautiful song of what is love? Saying Christian, I can't believe I've done this. I've actually googled. I think I know what area you live in, what should go and what bins? Because I was talking earlier how I put our dog waste in the recycling garden waist bin.
Speaker 6: Don't put in the recycle.
Speaker 5: You can make something out of there and chair or something, or some hepsters in North Melbourne probably can actually right now, you put drinking out of a turd cup, you put in the gun garden waste, that's where it goes. And we called one of our very loyal Garbo listeners back and and he said that's correct. Gen sends me a link to my local council.
Speaker 4: It's not supposed to go in there. Confused, Well, she sent me a very thorough link to Base Side Seat Council. What can go in your bins?
Speaker 5: In the weekly food and green waste And that's why we're putting a dog poop, read pasta, cereal cooking on eggshells, flowers, grass clippings, meat and meat.
Speaker 4: And bones, small branches, weeds.
Speaker 5: Fortnightly garbage, that's the one with the red lid broken or drinking glass. I love the fact they've had to cigarette butts, dog and cat droppings and kitty litter. It's supposed to go in the fortnightly one, the red one put nappies are meant to go in there as well.
Speaker 4: And you put the nappies in there.
Speaker 6: Yes, we put the nappies and the dog poot in the red bin.
Speaker 4: Where do you put your tetrapac cartons?
Speaker 6: I put them in recycling? Are we mentor?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no no.
Speaker 5: That's meant to going apparently conto this because they cannot be recycled tetra pak cartons. I love saying that tetra pack, tetra pack, tetra pack that's supposed to go in the fortnightly garbage with the tell you what the.
Speaker 4: Bin stuff here is so confusing?
Speaker 5: Is it? All the various ones? Do you get anxiety every week? Go and I think this is the week that that red lid one comes out.
Speaker 6: I mean now I have actually inspired by you. I have calendar appointments, yes, say this week has glass been? This week is recycling.
Speaker 5: The only regular ongoing calendar thing I have is Tuesday, which bin to put out Colin Brighter.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian Okyl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good God set that alarm earlier.
Speaker 5: You've missed a solid hour and I don't mean this, and know exactuated this song, and now I've bin talk. Now I'm still getting emails. We'll have to come back to part two tomorrow on the first hour of the show.
Speaker 4: I know you have to get up early.
Speaker 5: You miss all the gold, all right, So we're going to kick off with three topic Tuesday. Three ways for you to jump on board with the show today using your phones nine four one four one oh four three. We have one thousand dollars to give away. As soon as we hear a great story or call makes us up, you win an instant one thousand dollars. All right today, then, in no particular order. As kids were often lied to about food, I remember I was brought up with the whole an apple a day keeps a doctor away.
Speaker 4: What are the medically.
Speaker 5: Proven benefits of having a simple apple a day iving a lover apple. But food lies general stuff about chewing gum. I'm still When I saw Joe Donaher chewing, I said, he swallows that. That's going to wrap around his appendance. That's going to listen, mister Danaher, that's going to become a problem one day.
Speaker 6: We were told it would stick to your heart for seven years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we want to hear about food lies you were raised with or nine one four one oh four three. Last week we had this great story from Janelle.
Speaker 14: My partner, and I decided to have a romantic weekend away in areas inlet. We hired a nice little apartment and he bought his old commodore and we went out for a walk. He thought, I'll hide the keys. Anyway.
Speaker 15: Later that day I.
Speaker 14: Decided to steam some potatoes and the microwave was above I couldn't see inside it. So I put the potatoes in plastic bag and put them up in the microwave and it blew up along with his keys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's given us, thank you very much now hiding places gone wrong. There is somewhere I house a birthday card for me from three years ago that my wife still can't find. She said, Oh my god, you would have to add a tree on the front, right, I don't not wait to find That's why the eighth one you give me with a flipping tree on the front.
Speaker 4: We do you like trees? There's a limit.
Speaker 5: Well, I a lot of other stuff too. Just mix it up, Sarah, I don't know that that's another oak coin? Is it Hiding places gone wrong? Bonus? If it's still hidden away somewhere like that birthday card from three years ago, my wife still can't find me.
Speaker 6: It's the password that unlocks meeen No.
Speaker 4: And now that.
Speaker 6: We've moved house, it's very unlikely that we moved its hiding spot with it.
Speaker 5: So but sure anyone else? I don't know enough crypto. Has it been earning crypto interest?
Speaker 6: Yes, definitely. So this is maturing, Yes, maturing very well because I can't lock me out. I can't sell it because I can't get to it.
Speaker 5: All right, So so far then food lies hiding place has gone wrong? And the last one, then did your parents own a shop? We want to know if your parents owned a shop? Give us a call nine four one four three prizes As always for the better stories.
Speaker 4: Lines are open now.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, if you want to jump on board with the show today, you could be walking away one thousand dollars in cash for your story nine.
Speaker 4: Four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 5: That's our phone number to take part in the show Did your Parents Owner Shop, Hiding Place Has Gone Wrong? And Food Lies? Nine one four one oh four three.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Nikki, Good morning Christian and dreams.
Speaker 4: Boy and Nikki. Welcome to the show. So food Lies.
Speaker 16: So our parents used to have dinner parties on the weekend with I'd do this people called in the eighties Tone Coved Cows and Tune the Morning and Boulivant. We got to eat all of them, apart from the Vina That ice.
Speaker 12: Cream is it?
Speaker 4: Why weren't you allowed the I was?
Speaker 5: I always thought that was like the Posha's and most fanciest of ice creams Vanetta.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so we wouldn't like it because it was just for adults, so we would get a bowl.
Speaker 12: Of ice cream.
Speaker 6: No why but Vienna was just so much in a fancy No no, no, no no no no, look at think about it.
Speaker 5: What is It's like a lasagna layered like an ice cream lasaniat like three or four tiers, like a wedding cake that you can just slice up in your own home. Oh my god, I could just to have some of that Hallowed Vanetta had, Like even the TV advert, I have to try and dig it out.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you had a similar one. He So, I think it's from the UK.
Speaker 5: Was that they had posh sort music and a butler bringing it out quite love. Yes, like the queen probably has this every day because he's a queen. Thank you very much. Nick's got a hugo. Good morning, Hugo.
Speaker 10: Gooday, Christian, how are you, mate?
Speaker 5: I'm good hugo. Who's having a good week so far? So hiding place is gone wrong?
Speaker 10: Yeah. So when I was about eight years old, I saw the movie Matilda and there's a scene in that movie where she climbs underneath the table and spreads all of her hands and legs out so that you can't see her underneath the tablecloth. And I thought I could do this under my mum's bed.
Speaker 15: Couldn't.
Speaker 10: I couldn't quite do it, but I still hit under her bed for what seemed like to me for about an hour. When I mate, I'm thinking it's probably closer to twenty minutes. Anyway, Mum's stomping around the house. She cannot find me whatsoever. She thinks I've fallen out a window. She's running around this room, she's running around the rest of the house. Eventually the police rock up. They knock on the door, they stomp up the stairs, they look through a little bit of the house, and I just decided to quickly roll out and say surprise. You know I was hiding, and yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was it to what mum thought you were missing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Mum thought I'd just disappeared out the house, falling out the window and run off or something like that. Not that there was a scary house to be in, but just being an eight year old boy.
Speaker 6: So when your mom's walking around the house calling out, Hugo, hugo, part of the lighting is like to do the surprise and the reveal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would have been your prestige moment.
Speaker 10: It should have been, But I didn't quite understand how magic tricks were.
Speaker 4: In the long game. That's it.
Speaker 5: But do you remember, right, I remember how much Joe you had just getting under your bed as a kid take snack. I stuldly thought it was the most adventurous thing. It's just like the Gooney's been under it with a torch. I used to make a sandwich and then go and get under the bed read a book on my side.
Speaker 4: I think this is this is living.
Speaker 5: Adult world won't have anything on this if I only had a little slice of Vinetta. Right now, I have all my needs met in life, all right, So keep the calls coming. Then your food lies hiding place has gone wrong like Hugo and did your parents own a shop?
Speaker 4: Ris?
Speaker 2: You know Connell's show podcast?
Speaker 5: And still you keep coming at me. Garbo facts another email. Come on and Jim, come on and Jim Hawky Christian fun fact. Garbage trucks have lots of cameras on the trucks that can be watched from the depot. The big boss watches them. They're expected to do about two hundred bins an hour. That's all shure, that's not possible. How many is that every minute? Sixty and six hundred three a minute over three a minute two hundred.
Speaker 6: He's right, he's right, he's right.
Speaker 4: Now marry the five.
Speaker 5: Over and borrow from the nine hundred miles.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's why they can't leave a bin down because you get caught by head office.
Speaker 4: The big man's watching.
Speaker 5: There's no way there's one guy watching. I mean how many? How many is he watching?
Speaker 4: Like fifty if ones?
Speaker 5: In my way, he's got a big old cigar and the gods heels are watching. When we were buzzing through you mooning forty two, there's hour Wilkins.
Speaker 4: Horror Old Wilkins.
Speaker 5: Anyway, continue this, I write it up today, Picture it too, Channel ten New Drama on.
Speaker 6: The bins, a reality TV show out of every job, so proper, all right, okay.
Speaker 13: We'll.
Speaker 4: We carry a bit more, could do the voice over if only we use someone in new Artie carry yeah on the bins with carry bigmore.
Speaker 6: She's the one that's sitting in the head office cameras.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, whale Kins. I'm still staying with that karrot. He's the main character. Wilkins. Any who.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, back on the radio show three Tuesday, three Ways to get your stories on the show today, did your parents own a shop? Hiding places gone wrong? And food lies? Have you got anything for those? Nine four one four one oh four three prizes for the better stories.
Speaker 4: Christian Women with Kids.
Speaker 5: My younger brother buried my dad's warp medals in the backyard. He thought it was the safest way to protect the medals. However, my dad Doug dug and dug and never found them.
Speaker 4: That's actually, really.
Speaker 5: Did you get out there with that metal detector, Jackie war Was it your old man who's got the mental detector?
Speaker 4: We need to help him out get the medals.
Speaker 6: I still never found the time capsule.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 4: Quite a litany of things that you can't find. One near coming. I can't find my wife. I'll get the metal detector around, But.
Speaker 6: Who knows what treasures are in that time capsule that I buried at five years old.
Speaker 5: Patricia Oliver, Good Morning Team, Good Morning Team. When I was a kid, I asked my mom where babies came from, and she told me that they were found underneath cabbages. I obviously believe this. A couple years later, I'm only maybe seven years of age. We lived near a Victoria market. One of the vegstrants past my house. One morning, was going a bit quick and hit a bump in the road. A speed bump and a couple of cabbages came off the back of a house. I remember bursting into tears and my Mum asked me what was wrong? I said, Mom, the babies are going to be run over on the road. Food lies, Christian, they do not come from under cabbages. Wish to thank you, Christian. Neither half often sort of stores stuff away.
Speaker 4: She's hidden.
Speaker 5: I cannot find my cricket awards, two for Best Bowler, one for MVP Indoor Cricket and one Duck Award. John, And let me break this. I'll be really us for you. They're not hidden, mate, They're in the bin once more. Back to one of gabos. Oh, I hidden them for safety in case wherever Burgle's husband you ain't ever seen again.
Speaker 4: Alex.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Alex, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Alex. Okay, food lies, what have you got Alex.
Speaker 8: So, when my brother and I were younger, my dad didn't like chicken nugget, so we always got our mom to make us lamb nuggets.
Speaker 4: Oh god.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it wasn't until my mom didn't want to make him anymore that she told us what they really were, and they were.
Speaker 11: Good on lamb brains.
Speaker 13: Oh god.
Speaker 11: That yeah.
Speaker 17: So we all said those for about two to three years.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, yeah, yeah that stuff. Yeah all right, Alex, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: You have a good day so much too.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning, Well morning guys, there you go. Will you're transferring us into carl to hands free. Yes, I am that little confusion, don't you now?
Speaker 4: Will? Which one are you calling in about? To down?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 4: Topic Tuesday?
Speaker 12: I'm calling up about how my grandfather buried money in the backyard and completely the goal where he buried it.
Speaker 4: This is Brett.
Speaker 12: Years later.
Speaker 4: So what happened then? How much money was buried and when?
Speaker 12: So it was probably about one to two thousand dollars, so he was I'm not sure why he was. Always was very paranoid about keeping valuable possessions in the house, so he decided to bury in the backyard an ovaltine container, so when you actually needed it, he couldn't find it. For so long he was just digging, digging, digging. Eventually paid my He made my uncle an entire day just to dig the backyard up and like it was genuinely thought it was just lost. And then fifteen twenty years later, because my grandparents are quite big into their gardening, growing owned vegetables, you know, he's just digging up soil and stuff, and he pitched sports right through and lifts it up and shows it to my grandma.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 12: They ended up finding it that many years later.
Speaker 5: And what did he do with the money once he sort of opened up the ovaltine?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 12: I know? I know they spent a little bit on themselves. I feel like they might have upgraded the couches. But they ended up giving a bit of it to the to their three daughters. So they ended up giving it on Christmas Day. And it's not very earthy the money.
Speaker 5: That's all you have to brush the worms off at little granddaughter, but this would brush up nicely. Well, that's a great story. I was still intact britaint story. Will thank you very MUCHOULD call him.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jack is now doing what I do. I don't know think this is sad or just there's something worse. And whenever your bindet is a stress of light, which is it today? And you don't want to be that person on the street who's out there wandering around looking down the street. There's always someone who's very organized, right and is the bin leader, the b influencer where people follow how you lead. So I have it in my diary now which one it is, so then it takes all the stress of it. You just look at that, you know what color to take those lids out?
Speaker 4: Does it? Does it struggle for you with being color blind?
Speaker 6: No? No, they're I mean they're really bright colors. I can't tell, like a close green and a red. But the bins that have done a good job, like the traffic light, very different colors.
Speaker 5: They've obviously bought. They must have had brainstorming about this, Christian. Just to let you know about the bin confusion, I use pastor highlighters. See the confusion it is. It's stressful. This is what we're reduced to, Janelle Christian. I use pastor highlighters and mark the days with either avant color so yellow or green according to what the particular bin goes out. So I have one of those old school desk diaries, and also I have magnetic calendar on the fridge that's also highlighted with the relevant bin color red, green, yellow.
Speaker 4: Here's a lot going on, isn't it? Just the stress with the bins? All right?
Speaker 5: So we won on this morning? Did your parents own a shop? As a kid friend of mine when we were kids at school, his parents owned the local bakery that was about five minute walk from school.
Speaker 4: So when you were in the senior year at school, you were allowed to leave the school premises. Oh you're an adult during the hourl on lunch break. So every day, five days a week, we would go to his mum and dads. They were Italian, so beautiful food and have whatever we want.
Speaker 6: Perfect Now.
Speaker 4: We never got diabetes.
Speaker 5: I never know if you would smash that can of coat about three donuts, so stagger back to school some sugar induced hate and then crash about an hour later, not and off at our desks.
Speaker 6: We had the opposite end of the scale. The kids from school weren't rushing to our friends parents tofu shop.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's the.
Speaker 6: One right here on Bridge Road.
Speaker 4: You're kidding.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's the trouble with having hipster friends. Hmmm, whatever you want meant alternative Fate Burgers, Facon. All right, So did your parents own a shop nine four one four one o four three Amanda, Hello, Hello Amanda, So mom and dad owner shop?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 7: It was a video store back in the vay Yeah.
Speaker 4: Prime time.
Speaker 15: It was great.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So they used to get previews to figure out how many of the copisation order, but we'd get to keep the previews.
Speaker 12: So then I went them out to my friends and make some money.
Speaker 5: All she would, yes, you'd like see Terminator and Commando before the rest of us.
Speaker 4: Grocles could go and rent out.
Speaker 6: So the way your parents shows, if a field was popular, they would sit down and watch it and go we think this will fly off the shelves.
Speaker 5: Match yeah, but sitting down and giving it a thumbs up, the thumbs down.
Speaker 4: And where was this Amanda up.
Speaker 14: In Queensland store a corner store and peatree and then Blockbuster brought them out.
Speaker 5: The man came for all of us. Yeah, why is that nice? So just a local mom and pup business.
Speaker 6: The Blockbuster was big, multi national.
Speaker 4: And Amanda, what was the name of the video shop? Do you remember?
Speaker 14: Oh god not it was a corner one hold on frenchis Forest or some Oh god, no, I can't remember.
Speaker 12: They're gonna no, I can't Twitter.
Speaker 11: Sorry, that'll be angry at me.
Speaker 4: I didn't really going to be such a huge bunch of versual question.
Speaker 6: Friendship Forest Forest. Still it doesn't say to me, we don't hire a video here.
Speaker 4: And then we have a couple of listeners up there in Queensland.
Speaker 5: Does anyone remember this video store on the corner, because you've obviously got no idea what and it's obviously a big part of your for a while, mom and Dad's video shop.
Speaker 17: Yes, I think it was French as far as video stores on the corner.
Speaker 11: And there was a tennis club opposite it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I know the one you mean. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I won't ask you what that tennis club was called. Otherwise we have another diatribe swear word. They only had basic names and it didn't like video shop or video store or video rentals. There was a lot of variety or creativity going on there. Amanda, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You could we have a good day.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: The world of office banter is fraught with tension and mistakes. Just now sometimes you know, like the classic one where you just say something you think, why did I even say that? You just state in the obvis It's like we all do this with you go someone's had a haircut, you simply go, oh hair cut.
Speaker 4: There's nowhere, there's nowhere to go with that. It doesn't start. It's not icebreak.
Speaker 5: You go, yeah, yeah, I went yesterday in the afternoon anyway, just there was a lady out of the office who's got a She's standing up right, she's got.
Speaker 6: A standing desk.
Speaker 4: I just went standing desk. She looked round at me, and I went.
Speaker 6: She must be getting that all day. I had to hold myself back from just going standing desk.
Speaker 5: As I walked past her. She looked to me like I look like and she had some grass up. She obviously works in sales here and it's like selling this showing me. She just thought that's the guy who, good God.
Speaker 4: Standing standing desk. You hair cut?
Speaker 5: She had a haircut and standing desk on a one day go hair desk, standing and cut.
Speaker 4: You haven't done it today as well, have you real.
Speaker 6: I literally just walked past her curs and I just said, she's wearing overalls.
Speaker 5: I went overall, yeah, yeah, we sell those bozoes. She's like trying to sort of calculate it or make it all shining goveralls, standing desk when get a haircut?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: So cells at gold you're in save hands, do not worry, all right? So nine four one four on three did your parents own a shop? Good morning evening, Hi, how are you I'm good evening. So even what did your mum and dad own? What kind of shop was it?
Speaker 15: So they had a jewelry shot back in the eighties, and we used to have lots of regular customers. And there was this one guy that came in one day and wanted to buy something special for a lady friends and he spent about well five hundred odd dollars, which back in the day was a fairy bit of money. Yeah, next week Rock's in with a couple of little kids wanting to buy a little present for mummy's birthday and the budget was fifty ducks. So that was the sort of thing we'd have.
Speaker 4: It's a sad story there, lady friend, right, Yeah, I guess it's both both ways of looking upon that.
Speaker 6: Could the lady friend have been the wife.
Speaker 4: That's the sweet child in the studio right now standing there? Even thank you very much? She call? Maybe next week we give away standing this every day I can't stop thinking about them. What's it like to be you stood up all date your desk?
Speaker 6: Then we give icebreakers to the offices of Melbourne Marina.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you where you go?
Speaker 4: Marina? So what did mma dad own?
Speaker 11: What kind of shop, and an ice cream shop called Lush of Slip. And when they used to go out for dinner on a Saturday night, my brother and I would get the key. It was walking distance from our house and we used to go up and sneak around the back and we would sit there and gorge ourselves. On Sundays, we'd steal all the flakes. Yeah, the chuck tops. We just went crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I always thought if your mum and dad owned someone of that on the milk bar, that was the ultimate and the sort of perks.
Speaker 11: Oh, it was fantastic. We even had all the alcoholic ones, the colure and the ConTroll and orange.
Speaker 12: It was delicious.
Speaker 4: Your buzz on a sudden.
Speaker 6: Did your mum and dad ever come back on a Monday morning and notice that some of them chewing into the ice cream?
Speaker 11: No, but the ice cream shop, funnily enough, didn't last that long.
Speaker 6: It's enormous.
Speaker 4: We're eating the assets.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think we ate all the profits on about ten.
Speaker 4: Marina, lovely story. Thank you very much for sharing that. George.
Speaker 7: Come on, Christian, Patsy Jack, how are.
Speaker 9: You my friend?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, so milk bar, I understand, let me you know what.
Speaker 7: People think it's great owning or living in a milk bar. Let me give you the dark side of that, my friend, right dark side is are from five years old to nineteen years old, I was stuck in that seven day a week milk bar. You know, it wasn't allowed to bring any friends to the shop because my father was worried he's going to need all the people were going to eat all the profits, right, missing out on camps, missing out on all that sort of stuff for a young person, do you wonker? Because we were basically forced to work in that.
Speaker 4: Milk Barron the George and.
Speaker 7: But you know the funny the funny thing was it was me and my sister we used to lift him the shop. We had boxes of chocolates in the back line, boxes of Mars bars. Chair, right, So on a Saturday morning we wake up and so I will take a bite of a Mars bar that they would throw that out. Have a bite of a chair, I'll throw that out. And that was the good side about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, having a bite of a mass by you throw it away.
Speaker 7: Yes, because we didn't like it. So we had we had that much choice of chocolates.
Speaker 12: We just threw it away and have something else, just take a bite of it.
Speaker 4: Also, was you for the bite of a mass bar?
Speaker 5: It's like a who can finish off on those entire mask plots simply too much, you know, the.
Speaker 7: Funny thing just quickly quickly my dad sold it to an uncle of mine, and then my sister bought it. So then my sister sold it and my dad goes, come on, George, you know, buy the shop. It's a good opportunity for you to get ahead. The first day I was lying on the couch right, having a break and up. And what did I just do by investing so much money into a place I used to curse?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 7: It just yeah, but again when you're dealing with a public right, it's funny. Like I remember having Gormet Food takeaway sandwiches and this guy came up and was looking at the sandwich park and him who would have been probably you know, sixty seventy years old, back in in a suit. Anyway, he's looking at the sandwich. Fine. It goes to me, oh, guys, I can I help you? See he goes, do you do sandwiches? I said, sorry, so we only do shoe repairs today.
Speaker 6: That is the funny part that is?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 4: Now? You told me a lovely subject? Anyway? You got it, my friend? Anyway, all right, Georsh, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thanks Christin. Thanks guys.
Speaker 9: Have a great show.
Speaker 4: Yeah we were.
Speaker 5: Let's go sho. No, that's not nice, is it? Have a bite of a mask for everyone.
Speaker 6: That's why the Ompulmpics were only allowed to sing and not tell stories.
Speaker 4: Standing this, there's what out there? Nat good morning, gooding everyone?
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 4: All save this half hour and now take us home? We need a good one. What have you gotten that?
Speaker 17: My mom and dad owned a milk bar in Teralgon.
Speaker 5: Now this isn't tinged with strangeness like our last guy, old George Lumpa.
Speaker 17: Oh no, no, no, not that.
Speaker 6: If you start sandwich bar, we're just going to hang.
Speaker 4: Out Nana, so chargon milk bar. Was it good fun moment out owning a milk bar?
Speaker 17: Well, I had to work there.
Speaker 5: So the old parents that own that milk bar.
Speaker 17: Oh no, I perved on all the young guys because I was single at the time. So and they all used to come and turve on me. And one of them drove this yellow tarana And there was always someone different driving it anyway. One come in one night and spoke to my mum and she said, oh, he's a lovely boy.
Speaker 12: He's got a.
Speaker 17: Boat in the car and all this sense. Anyway, we actually got together and I only went out with him because of this yellow tarana. And we are still married. We married, we're still married today.
Speaker 4: If you I thought you were going to say, we need the police, need to speak to him.
Speaker 17: No, and we still own that tarana.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, from perv to marriage. What Greece, isn't it really?
Speaker 9: Yeahs the gree in the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually not Greece to musical.
Speaker 17: No, so yeah, it's actually in the panel shop at the moment getting really sprayed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, lovedate.
Speaker 17: It's going to be forty years next year.
Speaker 4: That is a lovely story. All right, he's ninety and you're only twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Not all of us our school were allowed for various reasons. Bringing up with your therapists, but not try and get your own radio show. That was my origin story rejected by the drama department.
Speaker 6: Look who's it bugsy Malone?
Speaker 4: Now I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's still out there's having a very successful life. Actually the person who wasts Bugsy, he didn't go my way. I never got a speaking part of my school playing. I know I'm not alone. There's a lot of you out there. We spoke about this a couple of weeks ago. We were saying, what if we had our own high school musical for those of us that never got speaking parts. Either you never went to the audition, or like me, you did and you were rejected.
Speaker 4: So we're going to go. We're calling it the high school Rejects.
Speaker 5: We actually now have a venue, we don't have a cast, we don't have a script. However, we are going to do our very own version of Greece. It can't be called Greece for legal reasons. It's not Greece the musical.
Speaker 13: Greasey's done what you had, it's a pay for legal reasons, we're too in the show casting ever, Rigos who never got a road with much speaking.
Speaker 5: So not grease and musical. Imagine if Greece, what's set here in Australia in the modern time, this year, what would that be like? That's what we want to try and make. And when I say we, I really do mean you and I because we have a venue Jack.
Speaker 4: When is curtains up.
Speaker 6: We roll out the red carpet. Thursday October twenty six, twenty three days away, just.
Speaker 5: Over three weeks. And like I say, at the moment, no cass and no script. We are up against it with this one. Where's it going to be?
Speaker 6: We are going to be a Dela Cell College Involvin.
Speaker 4: That does sound fancy? How many people can sit in that?
Speaker 6: In Dela Cell College you can see two hundred people and there is also a full lighting grig setup and donated to the cause to help people live out this.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about that rot it.
Speaker 6: I don't know what should have promy aid, Ask me what time it's going to be.
Speaker 4: On No, I don't want it because all right, so yesterday we're set.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do our version inspired by the fantastic Grease in Much School, but of course we're calling it not Grease and Much School. If it was set here in Australia, what.
Speaker 4: Would that be like?
Speaker 5: Count in instead of the diner, put them in the local fish and chip shop. Let's not do milkbar. We heard about the dark side of that ten minutes ago. I'm being forced to walk seven days a week. As an eight year old missing out in school camps. Maybe that is the origin story.
Speaker 6: Maybe you can write that sandwich bass scene into the play.
Speaker 5: The main character should be renamed Shaza and Dazza Christian when they get to dance. This comes from Kelly. Do you know what if we end up using your ideas, we'll give you price. When they get to dance. They don't do the church? Are they do the Nutbush? Great Kelly, still the pink Ladyship with the pink Bogans From I love that Jules mcgoo's great name. That is a very good idea, Jason. Instead of Sandy and Danny, it should be Michelle and ferrip and grease Lightning should be a ossie fulcm, a welded diff Christian.
Speaker 4: From Jen, I.
Speaker 5: Think it should be grease commodore Jen instead of grease is the word?
Speaker 4: What about goon is the word? It's the word that you heard.
Speaker 5: It's a box full of risling already you're coming out with lyrics Christian. Instead of drag racing, they should be trying to do who can do the sickest burnouts?
Speaker 4: Whatever you call Danny.
Speaker 5: If you are going to go with Manny Puco, he needs a personalized red joke.
Speaker 4: You're right, that's need a person us red jo Christian.
Speaker 5: In my mind, then Danny, your Danny is wearing a Von Dutch hat flanner with the sleeves cut off and a Monster Energy Drink T shirt. The mood order for his costume should be Corey Worthington. These are great ideas what we're going about to do now though, because actually we can still keep the ideas coming in. If you get any ideas, all are welcome. Like I said, if we use your idea, we will look after you. We'll give you a price. You can come along and watch your idea on stage. But we need to start getting into auditions now.
Speaker 6: We need cast members.
Speaker 4: The monkeys can start to type type type up, but will weed, as he said, cut them members. This everything needs to time of guys.
Speaker 6: Everything by opening night.
Speaker 4: Trust me, truady, trust I do, I do? Trust you?
Speaker 5: All right, So let's go back to this scene from Grease to musical principal McGee's first announcements.
Speaker 4: Let's have a listen to this.
Speaker 18: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what MA sure will be our greatest year.
Speaker 4: At right din, All right, so you've got the American high school.
Speaker 5: The scene is said, okay, ours is maybe it's a tafe in the year twenty twenty three here in Australia.
Speaker 4: When you listen to this more mature lady.
Speaker 18: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what MA sure will be our greatest year at right inn now, all.
Speaker 5: Right, maybe you can remember that scene. But what you're hearing right now is a mature lady. You're hearing states are kind of status.
Speaker 4: You're hearing power, you hearing gravitas, you're hearing authority.
Speaker 5: Of course you are. That lady exudes power. The person I know closest to you, and Nijac as that and again is that same kind of age bracket of a maturity experience?
Speaker 10: Come off it?
Speaker 3: She was about eighty.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe we make up you can look a bit younger.
Speaker 2: CG or green.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, wonder's the lighting or whatever. No, don't worry about that. We would love you to audition for the part of Principal McGee.
Speaker 3: Patsy lovely, lovely, lovely.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you do? We won't do the audition just yet, but do a quick read through.
Speaker 3: But it's got to be an aussy accent. Yeah, because we're doing an Aussi version, so you don't want an American accent, not at all. No, good morning, boys and girls.
Speaker 6: Read through, it's not kathink you.
Speaker 3: And yeah, welcome to what I'm sure we'll be happening a grouse here at right al High.
Speaker 4: From the top. Do it is yourself? That lady is?
Speaker 3: You know she's has a news voice, is what you're saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, all right, let's go again.
Speaker 3: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what I'm sure will be our greatest year at ride Ell High.
Speaker 4: Now this is getting closer to it.
Speaker 5: Okay, a little bit dead eyed, but now just put a little bit of entertainment and pazzaz in it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go again. I think this is going to be the one.
Speaker 3: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what I'm sure will be our greatest year at ridel High.
Speaker 5: Brilliant Patsy, So I think it's your I'd love you to have this role, but we just obviously need to check that there's no one else out there who could do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just we need to audition, don't we?
Speaker 3: And let the thought was narrating? Have I been dumped?
Speaker 4: We need to have a chat about that.
Speaker 5: Things so shifted in a couple of meetings with actual sort of professional coaches that they need to No, no, no, you will store be narrating. You and I will be doing some narrating together, all right. So corn In, now, this is the line we need from you audition as as what passes doing Principal McGee, our version of Principal McGee. We'll wmb to call it that. Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what will sure be our greatest year at Rye Down High. So for this character to be to work, it needs to be someone who is mature.
Speaker 6: Mature, yeah, thank you, similar level of maturity to Patsy.
Speaker 4: You got it, carl A Briner.
Speaker 2: No, you're listening to the Christian o'crls show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, we're hosting our own school play for grown ups who never got speaking parts back at school. During your school play, it's going to be on three weeks time, our very own version of Greece if it was set here on the modern day in Australia, Christian the Pine Grease, where Danny dresses like a goody goody, your version should he maybe should be wearing a playful summer shoe. That's Jared Osy the show Yesterday. You're quite right, a thinly sold boating shoe. Christian, don't call it grease. We can't call it. You're getting it.
Speaker 4: Call it grouse the musical that comes from Phil We had a great idea.
Speaker 5: Yes they go and Christian lean into full bogan called it Lease the Musical and saying lease everything. Okay, we're about to cast our first role in this. It's principal McGhee. The first announcement that she did in the movie this. Do you want to audition?
Speaker 18: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what we sure will be our greatest year in Ride Dew.
Speaker 5: Okay, So if you want to be in our music hall three weeks time, we need a cast, we need a script as well. Give us a call nine four one O four through the lines. Audition or it's going to go to Patsy is. Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what will sure be our greatest year at Rydale High. You can audition now you can be in him.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian, I also cast a vote. Then if you can't call it grease, call it grouse. You can't get any more Ossie than grouse. Grouse is the word star.
Speaker 4: Writing the song now, Sharpie, thank you very much. All right.
Speaker 5: So we're doing our first auditions, but in our very own version of Greece. We're selling it in the modern day here in Australia. What would be like for high school rejects. We're going to do a school play for grown ups who never got speaking parts. This is the audition line this morning.
Speaker 18: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what we're sure will be our greatest year at Riding.
Speaker 5: Now at the moment, the hot contender of this is but Terina Jones Patsy. Could we get your read again?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what I'm sure will be our greatest year at ride el High Love.
Speaker 4: It's very good.
Speaker 5: Isabelle, Good morning, Isabelle. Yes, Hello, good morning Isabelle. So you sounded a way a lot on the younger scale, Isabelle.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 4: And how old are you? How old are you? Eighteen? You fancy being in our high school rejects play?
Speaker 8: Yes, I was always in the school band, so I never really got a chance to be more on the actor side of it.
Speaker 2: So I think, I think that'll be a fun one.
Speaker 12: But I reckon, I reckon instead of it being.
Speaker 8: Principal McGee should be principal macup.
Speaker 18: I reckon.
Speaker 14: That's has a lot more of it.
Speaker 5: Love it, very very good. Idea this is going with grouse is the word?
Speaker 4: All right? So are you ready to do your audition?
Speaker 12: All right? So we're doing grouse instead of great?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's all we might call it. But your audition to do this part here?
Speaker 18: Okay, good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what we sure will be our greatest year in ridew All.
Speaker 4: Right, so you're going to do that line? Okay? You ready?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: All right? Good luck, Isabelle.
Speaker 12: Good morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what I'm sure will be the greatest year at Rydale High School.
Speaker 4: Very good, very good. Real it might be you, isabel Stay there, Cameil, Come on him?
Speaker 8: Hey are you going good?
Speaker 4: Cameill.
Speaker 5: Okay, Camille, this is a bit more like a kind of Patsy sort of power in voice.
Speaker 4: Camille. Did you get to speak.
Speaker 17: Older than nineteen?
Speaker 8: I can tell you yes, way older?
Speaker 5: And Camille, did you get speaking part in your school play?
Speaker 8: No? Because I went to a mixed school, a Catholic school, and we didn't do things like that.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, all right, so you ready to do your audition line?
Speaker 8: Give it a go.
Speaker 4: All right, Good luck, Camille, Good.
Speaker 8: Morning, boys and girls, and welcome to what we believe will be the greatest year as right out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first part in Grouse the musical. Well done, Camille, it's you.
Speaker 4: Now, we've just got to get seventeen.
Speaker 6: The We'll always start with the biggest one, and we're the biggest field.
Speaker 5: Relax, that's one line ticked off.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today is World Cafe Day.
Speaker 5: Well before we kisart, the time wastes a little bit of cafe history.
Speaker 4: Please, it was never asked for by me.
Speaker 5: The first to have a cafe, if anyone was wondering, was opened in the Ottoman Empire in fifteen fifty five during the reign of Sulomon the Magnificence, who laid seas to Vienna, and upon discovering their discarded coffee beans, roasted them over fire and then boiled them over charcoal.
Speaker 4: Ember's boom. History ensued. Do we believe that a little bit too cute? And on the money.
Speaker 5: Well, I wonder what is the oldest cafe here in Melbourne I've been to I think is the oldest one in the world. It's one in Venice, Cafe flori Anne that is from seven teen twenty.
Speaker 6: Wow, Rio tell us we don't know Pelle Greenies. It looks like I don't have the years.
Speaker 4: It is one of the oldest ones.
Speaker 6: Actually, it probably more of a pasta place or restaurant.
Speaker 4: What defines a cafe, espresso, bar, cafe? What would you define as a cafe? Shut it to like a lot of them. Hip. Yeah, I think you've done a fun enough day at two o'clock in the.
Speaker 6: Afternoon, specializing in coffee and breakfast, okay, mister, whereas Peller Greenies you eat your right aw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then now we go in all right, So today we're looking for your cafe songs. What are the cafes listening to on those little cafe speakers?
Speaker 6: What are they hearing? Christian Muffin compares to you silver latte in red silver plus all the single lattes that's been a gold That is the last latte one.
Speaker 4: B strow your own way.
Speaker 5: You don't like their prices here be strow your own way golf.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I don't know what that noise was. The bgs playing in the cafe. The what are they doing? Chai talking?
Speaker 5: Just giant silvera Perry Manelo's up next, that's right, cup of Kabana gold, I open up my cafe, cup of Kabana.
Speaker 4: It just plays out on a loop. Jack, what do you got? Cafe songs?
Speaker 6: Baby got Baguett.
Speaker 5: Marking highly because there's been a lot of nervy sort of mumblings over there for last almost since the start of the show. But it's never a good time when Jack and I go at six o'clock? How do we feel about today's time? Was suddenly fast forward to maybe got on burguet.
Speaker 6: We've been playing in a lot recently. Isla Bonita by Madonna. Nice backstory, isla Barista silver espresso. Yourself sucks? I got another copyright? Yeah, going on, short skirt, long blanket.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's cut to this, Let's cut this. No, no, no, go on, come on, come on. This is the one.
Speaker 6: This is the one, big finish a great institution in Melbourne, this one. Whoa Brunetti bam lamb?
Speaker 4: Whoa Scottie Pippen is in the Country's right here in the studio. All right, what have you got?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 4: Cafe songs? Oh four seventy five three one O four three brighter.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time wasted today on Worldwide Cafe Day, we're looking for your cafe songs.
Speaker 6: I see what's happened there. Button's come off.
Speaker 5: Broken because they call me darth Fader because it's so powerful.
Speaker 4: Don't wory about that. Really it was just a bare blade. Then yeah, well we will need it. We'll go. It's about three minutes.
Speaker 5: All right, okay, Cafe songs part time Latte, Silver, money for muffin, Gold, very good.
Speaker 4: Christopher Davies ain't seen muffing yet?
Speaker 7: Gold?
Speaker 4: What on Elliott? Wake me up before? No, it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Andrew Coppa on Eileen Coppa on Eileen Gold, Papa, don't cache Gold.
Speaker 4: Who walks down to a cafe? Soggy old egg mess, beautiful chunder with pastry. Let it be gold, great name for a cafe. Ah, don't cry for me cupa tea, Gold parks. It's like a classical music piece. Were several moments in it.
Speaker 5: Genius Ones, Bohemian Bean City, Bronze, Rene, I liked it.
Speaker 4: Sunday Cafe, Sunday Bronze.
Speaker 5: I did it, Chiway Gold Everything idea, I brew for you silver, Wake me up before you cocoa gold, enter sandwich man. What on Stuart, Arabica can't touch this? Arabic can't touch this silver?
Speaker 4: Tough lutch it all right? Who's our best in shure this morning?
Speaker 6: Let's do we have a prize to you or just giving him a part of the bit. The prize is the honor, the valor that wake me up before you coco Oh, no, prize.
Speaker 4: You got your bother to invest in.
Speaker 6: Ride it down with this prize.
Speaker 4: Oh deer, oh dear. Kind of a point of sending a play back up
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast