Speaker 1: Flex and fruits on Kita.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, so lovely to have you here.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 4: We're going to be talking about milk, personally massive milk drink absolutly love sucking that shit back half on it.
Speaker 3: Do you know how to say milk in Dutch? Milk?
Speaker 2: Milk?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: I do not drink it.
Speaker 6: I did strawberry milk when I was in primary school.
Speaker 3: It's a year five drink.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I definitely loved crunching Out. That was my favorite cereal. Oh yeah, yeah, you know, why did you make that face?
Speaker 2: It's like crunching nut. That's wrong, crunch milk.
Speaker 6: No, it's the cereal. But I had regular milk in the crunchy nut. But here's a thing. Had this very traumatic experience with the cereal. So I left it open one day, which you're not meant to do. But I didn't know why. You know how you just build habits because your parents tell you to, and then one day you left your own devices. You don't do it, as they say, consequences. So I had some crunch I left it open. It got infested with ants. Then the next day I went and made myself crunching Out poured it in the bowl, put the milk in, wasn't paying attention, started eating it, ants all in the bowl off, crunching out off milk and never again. Yeah, but the traumatizing stories don't stop there, because there is an eight year waitless to get a rental in Sweden. And that sounds like clickbait, but it's not. I found the information from TikTok, but then I did fact check it and it's in fact correct. Turns out that having rent control properties great idea, but not when your population is steadily increasing and there's no more supply to meat demand.
Speaker 3: Very depressing.
Speaker 4: And then of course, finally we're going to talk about one of our favorite apps. To talk about, not our personal favorite apps, but something that we like to discuss.
Speaker 3: Yes, only fans.
Speaker 6: The anthropological phenomena around only fans. How do we live in a society where people can get banned off Instagram for legally doing.
Speaker 3: Sex work, but.
Speaker 6: Now you can have only fans and just promote it, And how it's actually a pyramid scheme, heavy stick around stuff, heavy well research stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that from you. Done pretty well today, Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: I have a story that was sent in for us, and as always, we need to decide who's the asshole in the scenario.
Speaker 3: Oh cheeky am, I the asshole that favorite.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me take a breath. Guys, I have asthma or something. I'm just telling all the listeners. So if you hear me hea heavy breathing, just know that it's it's an issue. I'm not nervous.
Speaker 3: You do sound them. That's always they can't breathe.
Speaker 6: We will have to discuss this one day, because maybe four weeks ago, maybe three, I was sitting opposite through me as I do, and I heard her panting breathing so loudly across the room that I had to ask, is everything okay? Why are you breathing this way, to which Rumy said, I think I've got long COVID.
Speaker 3: Something's wrong. Something is definitely not right. Something's wrong. Okay.
Speaker 4: So here's a scenario, Dear flexing frooms. I am an enormous milk drinker. If I'm given the option of milk or a can of coke, I would choose the milk a thousand times over. It doesn't matter if it's forty degrees outside. I will drink full cream milk preferably strawberry or any kind of highly artificial flavor.
Speaker 3: I was strawberry full cream.
Speaker 4: Let me not get into it is full cream plus some. I would drink milk over water if I could. I am anti lactose intolerant. The other day, I came home after work and opened the fridge right away for my pre dinner snack in brackets, I drink from the bottle. I live in a sharehouse, but my housemate nos it's my milk, and he doesn't really drink milk anyway. So I come in through the door and notice that my housemate is in the fridge, and I hear a commotion where he's obviously trying to put the lid back onto the bottle. It falls, and so it's obvious that he was drinking my milk.
Speaker 3: It gets better. I didn't mention this earlier because.
Speaker 4: I wanted to shock you, But my girlfriend and I had a baby recently.
Speaker 3: Going she has.
Speaker 4: Been lactating, and so I put a decoy bottle in there with some strawberry milk style dye. I had to get revenge. I don't know if he's strengthen it yet, but I need to know. Am I the asshole. Yes, here's the asshole.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. Number one.
Speaker 6: If you're starting a fresh new family, it's not time for housemates.
Speaker 3: Okay, get out of there.
Speaker 6: We shouldn't be doing housemate and milk bottle decoys when you're a whole father with somebody's dad.
Speaker 3: Doing pink food dye into milk for revenge. It's so silly. It's demonic of all things.
Speaker 6: If it's in the fridge and it's yours, it's yours, it's totally fine.
Speaker 3: But if you have to go out of your.
Speaker 6: Way to do trickeries so people don't have your things, then either buy more so it can be shared, or get your own fridge.
Speaker 3: I just think your own fringe.
Speaker 6: This is a lot of commotion for what is a three dollar per liter Beavy. Somebody needs to move out, get a new fridge, or buy enough for the whole house to share your If your housemate wants milk so badly that they're hunched off the fridge, tip have some milk literally hiding behind the door.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got to be on the side of the guy who bought the milk. I personally also am a large milk drinker, like could drink milk three times a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, any kind.
Speaker 4: Of like probably started with a skim just for like that's like how to get into it. Gateway obviously drank it when I was a kid, but as an adult, I think you like, oh my, you're.
Speaker 3: Like huntry milk anymore. It's for a kid.
Speaker 4: But now I'm fully into it, and I don't like sharing drinks full stop.
Speaker 3: Makes me feel sick. All I'm picturing is their mouth on my drink and the backwash. It's inevitable.
Speaker 4: Literally, I can't even say the word backwash without grim micing. And I feel like milk is a very particular type of drink where you don't want backwash. Yes, And so if my housemate, if I caught my housemate doing that, I would just think, how long has this been going on? How long has my strawberry milk been bastardized with your gross backwash the old twim portrayal. I would feel very betrayed. And so I personally and also am also a fan of pulling pranks. So I'm fully with the guy. I think he was did the right thing.
Speaker 6: Ill, Well, this is why I don't live with people, because number one, if we are doing pranks over such a common, common thing you can find for so.
Speaker 3: For so cheap, it's not worth it.
Speaker 6: It all just seems so petty and unnecessary, and I hate it.
Speaker 3: It's a petty brank my years. He's definitely drinks. I don't like. I don't like cheap, petty pranks.
Speaker 6: I think that if they were drinking your what is a more premium champagne?
Speaker 5: Mom?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: If you've gone out of your way to get really nice premium sour doughs, like nine dollars a loaf and someone just like EA, hacking into it, that's annoying. Right, You've gone out of your way to go to farmer's market to get some organic fruits and veggies and someone just like having their fair share.
Speaker 3: Not on but milk.
Speaker 6: H That feels like the equivalent of getting mad at someone for having the video tomato sauce.
Speaker 3: Hell the cameras.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 6: I was doing the Google's as I do, and I found out that at Disney World, have you been, I've not been.
Speaker 3: No, neither, not a Disney kind of girl.
Speaker 6: Sad do you have to be a Disney person to go and enjoy? I'm not a lunar park person, I've showed up.
Speaker 3: Chair share. Cool.
Speaker 6: But they pump different fragrances into the air. Did I fragrance? Fragrance? I heard fragrance? Okay, good, and I said fragrances. They pump different fragrances into the air to simulate different reactions from people.
Speaker 3: So if you're in.
Speaker 6: If you're walking towards the food section, they'll pump popcorn smells in the air.
Speaker 3: She'd be like, Oh, what's that? What's that? I want? I want to snack. I'm so hungry, And I just think it's so genius.
Speaker 6: Some people say it's a little bit manipulative, but isn't that consumerism?
Speaker 4: I think all of the above. So wait, what would they do if you're going towards like the scary train.
Speaker 6: So for example, if you're going into like a wilderness area, they'll pump heavy rain water scents just to amplify what's already quote unquote naturally there, what should be there.
Speaker 3: If Disney was a real place, that is so want to the experience amazing, And this is every disney Land. I didn't know there was more than one. What do you mean, I said, disney World, Disneyland.
Speaker 4: There's like Disney Lands all over the world, Japan, America, just not in Australia. Nah, we're not Disney kind of people down here.
Speaker 3: Do you watch Disney? I don't watch any of those kids shows. Did you watch them as a kid though?
Speaker 4: No. I was one of those adult children me too, and I think it shows it does show alas alas there we go. Well, great start to the afternoon. I'm in a Disney kind of mood. Now I need Little Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 6: E is no free press for mister Walt Disney rip.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 6: There's been a rental crisis in Australia and all over the world for a little while now, but it's escalated due to a few economic issues that we won't get into. But as I was doing my daily scrolls, I came across this. I don't want to call it a bizarre video, but I definitely thought it was clickbaity in nature. This person said that there's been an eight year wait list for a rental in Sweden, So that I say, I don't know what the math is on that, but it wasn't mathing for me. I know that rental shortages happened for a ton of different reasons. Maybe it's because houses are less affordable, which means that in order for someone's mortgage to be paid into up the rent because their interest rates are gone up. Sure, Or maybe they are just less options than before. People are buying houses and they're not doing anything with them, just holding on to them, like stock Right. So when I do my googles, here's.
Speaker 3: What I come across this video. Oh you're sweetish.
Speaker 5: We're in sweeteno from I'm from Stockholm. I love Stockholm. I'm actually applying for jobs right right now. Oh okay, do you know anyone you can stay with?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I just thought i'd rent somewhere, you know. See the thing is there's an eight year waitless to get a rental flat in Stockholm. What eight years?
Speaker 3: Eight years?
Speaker 5: What do people do when they're waiting for eight years? Well, you can buy a flat. I kind of feel to buy a flat, not really flatch has but you can live with a living landlord sometimes live in landlord. No way, do you have to live in Stockholm? Why not the Swedish countryside?
Speaker 1: I guess maybe?
Speaker 5: Is it nice?
Speaker 6: No? Up until this point, I swear I've only heard good things about Sweden.
Speaker 3: Oh it's so great there.
Speaker 6: I mean, the income tax is pretty high, but it's very progressive and like you can go to UNI or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: This is insane, So I do some more research and basically there's an eight year wait list for rent controlled apartments, which means that the rent is stabilized, it's not jumping up by twenty thirty percent over a couple of years. But there are only a finer amount of houses, and people aren't building new properties like that, and if they are, they're building to live in it. And who has the money to build a house from scratch. So people are literally having to sublet. And it's fine people sublet, but usually you have options, right you can say, oh, if I'm not going to the real estate my own lees, I can sublet. I can, you know, live with a friend or a family. Everybody is out there almost in the trenches. And who's telling these stories?
Speaker 4: That video was the same person having a conversation yes okay, which.
Speaker 3: I thought was fantastic. I thought the acting could.
Speaker 6: Really simulate the conversation that would happen if I were to tell a Swedish person I was planning to move there.
Speaker 3: I've definitely said that before. Oh I could move to Sweden.
Speaker 4: I love Swedish actors, Okay, I don't know a single Swedish actor Skarscard, yes, Skarsgard, oh facts, I know two of them.
Speaker 6: Then do you know one time you told me you were Swedish and I fully believed it, okay, And that was literally a week after you told me that you were English, and I was like, same.
Speaker 3: God, is the same thing. I never told you that you did? You put that on me? You were blonde shaming me?
Speaker 6: No, No, you definitely held your follicles with bleached polloicles and you said, what do you think this is?
Speaker 3: I'm Swedish. That makes sense?
Speaker 6: That makes sense, right, Okay, So there's just plain white for anyone who's no seasonings.
Speaker 3: It's strong standard.
Speaker 4: That's so interesting about the rent it's everywhere, right, because sometimes I'm like, a holy crap, it's because we live in Australia.
Speaker 2: But the render crisis is everywhere for different reasons.
Speaker 6: So I think in Sweden in particular, having a rent stabilized option should mean in theory that everybody has access to appropriately priced rent, But then the demand has gone up the supplies stayed the same.
Speaker 3: Because people like you want to move its or your fault.
Speaker 6: Maybe people like me have fantasies they will never live out with moving to Sweden.
Speaker 3: There you go, a bit of learning for you.
Speaker 4: Bit of geography, intelects and friends that I'm on that we are call me an educator with a home, a pep up and RMB, but we do other things too.
Speaker 1: Flex and fits.
Speaker 3: Not a week goes by.
Speaker 6: I'm not telling you all about how to make money, how to make money? Why does it tell like it's grammatically incorrect?
Speaker 3: How to make money?
Speaker 6: How to make money? English is so bizarre?
Speaker 3: How to make money? Anyway?
Speaker 6: So did you watch Love Island UK Season size? I think a prosing it Meghan DoD I may no, Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Does Meghan? Does that name ring a bell to you? What does she look like?
Speaker 6: If it doesn't ring a belt, it's not sea. Do your own research and your own time, babe. So Meghan Barton Hanson is an ex Love Island contestant and she's now a millionaire thanks to OnlyFans. Her latest accounts revealed that she made over one million pounds in the last financial year. Now she was one of the first UK reality stars to sign up to OnlyFans back when it I mean it's still controversial now, but back when it was far more controversial, and she charged twenty four ninety nine pounds per a month to subscribe, she was a I don't know what they call it in the UK, but just like a bikini model. She might be in the classify to a little nip shot every now and then page six model.
Speaker 3: She's paid like that, Yeah, something like that exactly.
Speaker 6: Now Here's the thing what I find extremely fascinating about Meghan is her relationship to the beauty standard. She is a self described or was a self described ugly duckling, got a ton of surgery.
Speaker 3: Is that why you didn't tell me what she looks like?
Speaker 6: No, because she's hot now, But before when she came out on Love Island, people started googling her backstory. They saw that she got in heaps of surgery to look the way she does, and I'm just happy she's capitalizing on it. But what I think is way more fascinating is how we've gone from this period of time where any kind of adult worker scene to be is i don't know, maybe demonized in some ways and now far away, far away, you know, in the private spaces in the dark alleyways, and now online creators can jump on show a bit of nip, make.
Speaker 3: A chilling and it's completely chill.
Speaker 6: I'm in two minds about the only fans type.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: On one hand, I.
Speaker 6: Think it's fantastic that women especially are able to you know, girl boss their way into a check, girl boss their way into being seven figure babes, almost like decentralized income stream when they're capitalizing and leveraging their own labor to this closed ecosystem they're inviting you in, you pay access to content. It's fantastic. It's a perfect, clean transaction. What I don't love is this illusion that because a few random reality stars make a million dollars on only fans, all these fresh eighteen, if not sixteen and seventeen year olds are kind of like, well, that's what I'm going to do now, And so suddenly they've been thrust into sex work with no real understanding of the implications of doing so.
Speaker 3: While it may seem like.
Speaker 6: A wuho feminist girl boss rhetoric, the reality is we still live in a patriarchy, and you're still going to be unjustly judged for being a sex worker, whether or not you feel like it's in powering, Like I don't think people are setting up young women in particular for the reality of this post. Only fans hype Train.
Speaker 3: And especially the ship that gets me the shit.
Speaker 6: That's so freaky? Is that bad baby? For example, cash me out aside Daniel Brogoli on the day of her eighteenth birthday made an only fan made a million dollars that day, which means a bunch of creepy people were waiting, plotting to see this child recently graduated child in the nude fire out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I feel about it, because I feel like some people would listen to this and think that that's not giving women enough, not free will like the.
Speaker 3: Women robots free range.
Speaker 4: Yes, but some would argue that no matter what age you are, like from eighteen onwards, you can make your decisions.
Speaker 6: But it's not about women, Like this is so far like from women, about the society we live in currently, women are always going to be penalized for taking strides towards autonomy, right, Like I think that when you see these headlines, it makes it seem like, we live in a society where it's completely chill and comfy for women to sell themselves in this public arena with no consequences, and that is just not the reality.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Like for the average Joe Blow, no, what's the equivalent of Joe Blow.
Speaker 2: But for Shane Doe, Jane Doe, Like.
Speaker 6: That's literally what it is for the average Jane Doe. Just this random girl in BONDI who's like, I saw Megan Suten OnlyFans. I'm going to start an only fans. You do not have the network, you don't have the reach, you don't have the ability to socially market yourself in a way that is going to make you enough money to justify the consequences of how that's going to be seen by.
Speaker 3: People around you.
Speaker 6: Like, I just feel like sometimes the Internet in particular likes to give people the illusion of far more progression than we actually have. Parody right now in twenty twenty two, Australia is equal to what it was in the fifties.
Speaker 3: That's how much we have not progressed.
Speaker 6: Wait as in pay parity, as in parody. Generally, taking all the different elements of gender roles, pay, social norms, all that stuff we've like, did it progressed a little bit and then we dropped back down. So I was at this Christmas party was talking to this woman and she was like.
Speaker 3: Sixty years old or something. It will take maybe fifty, I don't know.
Speaker 6: And she was talking about how she was taking out she was signing on to be a guaranteur because she was taking it alone on behalf of her son. Rich people, right, she is the breadwinner, multi millionaire, got coined coming out her ass. Then you have her husban. He's also rich, but not as rich as she is. So anyway, she's signing on for this loan. The bank calls her and says, yeah, hey, we just need your husband to sign on for this loan so you can be the guarantee for your kid. She's like, for what reason, Like he's got nothing to do with this. This is a gift from me to my son. And they're like, it's just in the books. We just need all married women need a husband to sign on. This is twenty twenty, really twenty twenty, and so she's like, my husband's retired, he does not make an income, so what would he be signing on for They're like, we understand, it's not about his income, it's just the rules. And so you think, what kind of world are we living in when a multi millionaire woman has to get her retireing no income husband to sign on as a guaranteel for optics.
Speaker 3: I started to believe that, know what, back it is, let's dox them.
Speaker 6: We can't dox them, not we can do them. No, But I just thought that was fascinating. And I think that when you're in these little echo chambers having these progressive discussions being like oh no, like everything's equal and like there's room for everyone and do what you want, Like great, yeah, in this imaginary land that you've made for yourself, But it's not setting people up for the reality of what it's going to be like when you orbit through spaces where the priority is not virtue signaling, it's not optics, it's not FAU progression over the reality.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms catch up podcasts. For more, tune into Kata on DAB or check it out right here on iHeartRadio.