Speaker 1: I can't even intro this right now because I'm too pumped. Guys. You have to still say hi guys, and welcome to another episode of Life Uncut. No, I can't this time, guys. I have big news. I have really, really big news, and I can't wait to share it. We have just hit one point one million downloads and we have been waiting for this day and we're so excited, so so pumped, guys. Thank you to every single person who is downloaded an episode over the last eight months. I promise you it was not my dad and your mum downloading it one million times actually that you've said that. No, but seriously, for every single person who is downloaded or listen to an e, for every single person who has subscribed or left a review like we are so immensely grateful. We never ever would have thought that we would be hitting or one point one million downloads at this point in time. It's just unreal. We absolutely love that you know the advice that we're giving some of you all are listening to it, and it's so special that the content we're putting out there makes a difference to you, and we know it does because you let us know and it just means the world to us. I actually am in disbelief and I'm so that anyone would listen to Yeah. I Yes. When Laura and I started this, we were just like this, two random friends that had this random idea, and we're like, let's start a podcast as a hobby. Like we actually just did this as a hobby. Whether people listened or not, we were like, maybe someone will listen, maybe someone will laugh, maybe someone will get advice from this. But to have over a million of you download now and listen to this, we just humbled. We're stoked, we're chuffed, We're in disbelief. We're all the fields. I have all the feels. I just want to thank every single one of you for oh for just tuning in and sharing the love and supporting us on this journey, because I feel like we're all supporting each other. We're here to support you. You guys are supporting us. You're writing in and saying that we're helping you through some bad times. We're helping you through breakups. We're just helping you feel good. You're having a laugh at our expense, And to us, that's what matters. If we can change one person's life, we leave here feeling really happy, and we talk to each other about it. We tell each other the messages we receive, those of you that write in and say you've really helped me through this moment. We share that with each other because that's why we're here. We have been really, really open with our stories and our relationships and things that have happened in the past and the present, and it is kind of a big deal for us to be so vulnerable and so open talking about our life experiences. And we're really appret that you, guys have never been judging of us. You have been such incredible cheerleaders for us. You have been such incredible support, and that's what makes us want to keep continuing creating this content for you and keep on putting our episodes every week, and we will keep doing that right until a very bitter end. Guys, I think Laura and I sometimes forget. I don't know if I'm speaking on your behalf, Laura, but we can go on then. No, But we get in here and we talk to each other, and we talk to each other like we're friends. Sometimes the way we talk to each other is like we forget that a million of you are going to download this. So we're really open with each other. We're very exposing of ourselves. We're very vulnerable, and I think sometimes we forget that. So many of you are going to listen, and I want you, guys to know that whilst you're running to us saying that we've helped and we're helping you through a bad time, I want you to know that you have helped us through a lot of bad times too. So if you do have a friend that you think might benefit from one of our episodes, maybe they're going through a breakup, maybe they're having a really hard time, maybe they could benefit from one of our Ask gun Cut episodes, or just maybe they need a laugh and some virtual girlfriends in this weird time of self isolation. Yeah, if you have anyone that you know will benefit or just wants to chuckle, direct them to our podcast. Direct them to our Instagram page at Life Uncut podcast because they can just go there for a laugh. There is nothing serious on that page. But guys, one million downloads, like, but my mind is blown. But now we will get into the episode. I know that in every episode in the last couple of weeks, I've been talking about how I'm getting remote recording equipment so that we can record these podcasts separately. Well I did it. I got the equipment and then we got everything set up and it was perfect, and we were pumped, We're excited, and I stuck the micro USB into the back of the podcasting equipment and it got fucking stuck, like proper, real good stuck stuck. So then we had to mad dash rush into the podcasting student where we normally record, and here we are the end. I mean, that was a quick story. There was a lot of frustration and a lot of like, oh my god, how could this happen to us? There was a lot of alan keys and trying to fit them into the podcaster, and like, look, things have just gone a bit rogue today. But I'm very happy that we've made it here. I'm always so amazed. I'm so so amazed at every single week we get thrown some sort of adversity about how we're going to actually get this episode to air, and every single week we managed to do it. It's a miracle. It's a Christmas miracle, guys, it actually is. If there's one thing we're good at, just one, it's overcoming adversity. It's what's been happening. It's a hard question now, isn't it, because nothing actually happens. Oh speak for yourself. Well, actually I saw you had a drunk party at home. You haven't. I I have had a two day hangover, which after the last episode of me talking about how much I've been drinking in isolation probably doesn't bode very well. But soaday night, if anyone's been on Instagram and saw my Instagram stories, there's this DJ called Hot Dub time Machine, and he's the freaking best. He does like a number one hit from nineteen sixty and counts back through the years, or counts forward through the years to twenty twenty, counts somewhere, he just counts, and so he plays the best song from each year as like a countdown mash up. And he did this amazing live DJ set which we streamed to our TV, and we had a few margaritas that we got from our local Mexican place take away margaritas, and just had a bloody great time. So I called facetimed Laura at probably one pm the next day. She answers, looking worse for wear on the phone, and I'm like, Babe, are you all right. She's like, Babe, I'm real hung and Mum's gone wild. She goes, Mum's gone wild, and she goes, oh, hang on, can I call you back? My Mexican just arrived. And I was like, oh, you know, it's bad. The worst thing about being hungover in isolation is that you cannot hire a babysitter. Normally, if there was a day where I didn't feel like I was equipped to parent, I would call a babysitter to come and take because, you know what, I think that's the responsible thing to do, having a second pair of hands. But no, I just had to man up. Actually that's a lie. I didn't really do anything. Matt did it. But it was still a really tough day. And now I've got a bloody micro usb stuck in a fucking podcasting equipment at home, and look, coronavirus is taking over the whole country. So it's been a bit of a challenging week. But once again we're here and we've got this episode to you. Thank you for giving me the first three minutes to complain. So I actually have discovered a new game this week that I didn't know existed, But you can play it online. Guys. This is not sponsored, but I don't know if I'm behind the times. Have you heard of Jackbox TV? No? What is it? Oh my god? It's brilliant, but I think you need three plays minimum. You have to like purchase it online but it's not expensive. And then it links to your TV and all you do is type into your phone brow jackbox TV and everyone in everyone can link up and play. So it's an online game that's like who's the faker? So they ask all these questions like you know those murder mystery games, like who's the murderer? And you have to figure it out. It's like that kind of stuff. Anyway, for me, it's just it's killed hours of time. So I just it's my recommend. I'm really salting it though. What does it? What do you do? How does it work? You log into it and it comes up on your TV. Now everyone in the room. It has to be three people everybody, So you have to have housemates or brothers or sisters or mums or dads or very smart dogs for this one. Correctly but correctly, that is correctly. Listen, let me do it. I'm just trying to have a really good recommendation. I just can't get it out. Long story short, It's like you're typing this code so that everyone everyone types it in so that jack Box TV knows that you your phone is playing this one game, so you linked to the TV. Then questions will come up on your phone. So like one person that says is the fake, they're pretending they know what's going on, but they have no idea. But they've got to try and fit in because they don't want to be caught. The other people in the room know what's going on. Just say I'm the faker to the other three people. It's going to say who in this room is most likely to kill someone? And then it goes three two one and you have to point to someone. Now I don't know who to point at because I don't know the actual question, but I have to pretend like I do. So you have to try and read other people and point to someone. You think if everyone's pointing to one person, because it might be like who's got the biggest dig in that room? And I knew my point to me, and if I pointed to you, everyone's like, well, she didn't know the question, she's the faker. How do you know, well, I don't know. I haven't seen your for China anyway, Guys, just look what a wild Saturday night it was in Brittany's house, Hey, playing Jack in a Box with their housemates, Chuck.
Speaker 2: In a box.
Speaker 1: I'm down two bottles of red. Don't you worry or guys? Last night was Mass Finale. The Mass finale. I feel like Fella a little bit short this year. So Laura made me watch it because I've sporadically watched random episodes throughout the series. When you've made me been very very vocal that this is not her show, but this is not her jam, but you know what, I was open to it. I tried to let it grow on me, and I can confirm it is still not my show. I didn't have to test it. I I just can't stand it. I can't. I don't know for anybody else who watched the show. But this season I really feel like I think that last season it was like they set the bar so high. It was so good. Yes, the drama was manufactured, but it felt a little bit more organic, whereas like this year, it really felt like the whole storyline was very scripted in like the producers were creating scenarios or setting up different environments to try and get very specific, manufactured outcomes. It just all felt a lot faker. I thought this season overproduced. Now I think feel like maybe Australians have had enough of that show for a while, do you Well, I don't know if we've had enough of Maps in particular, but I think that people and the audience are becoming so acutely aware of what is what's been done. That's because so many people are breaking the rules and coming like this whole show has broke. Everyone in it has broken the rules and come out and are outing what's going on. So there's no mystery or like romanticism anymore. Everybody just knows that it's manipulated. Just on that. So Michelle, who is one of the she was one of the wives, like one of the couples that made her to the end, She has come out recently on a YouTube channel which is called get Real Entertainment and totally exposed just how crazy manipulative the production is. We all know that they don't have to stay until they both say leave or stay. But what she's explained in this little segment is that the producers make you so fearful that if you leave outside of like the parameters that they've created for you. So if you leave at another time than when both people on the couch have written leave, then they will make your life hell. And they say like they hold it over you like a threat of well, if you don't do what we say, then you'll get a bad edit. So I feel like people who are naive to how these things play out, they kind of are at the mercy of production a little bit because they don't want their character to be assassinated on TV. It's something that you really do need to think about. And it's something that I have said to people in the past when they've messaged me saying should I do Reality TV? Should I do it? I loved it great for me. I had a really great experience and I loved my journey. But I will I will always say to them, you need to be prepared to be portrayed as the worst human in the world, because it could happen, like you need to be prepared for. You need to have a thick skin in case that happens, because you don't you don't know what edit you'll get at all. You just don't know. It's a risk. Maybe I'm being naive or maybe I'm being super biased in this, but I don't think the Bachelor manufactures storylines in the same way that Math seems to. Absolutely not not at all. The Bachelor might just like exaggerate something slightly or but all the storylines are pretty organic on the Bachelor. They're not organic on marriative person. Yeah, and I think that with the batch. Obviously we are a little bit biased because neither of us have done and Married at First Site episode. But when people have come out I find from Bachelors series and they've been really angry with their edit, I agree with you. I think that things are just amplified. I think if someone behaved badly, then it amplifies their bad behavior. But I don't think they've ever tried to make someone who is totally lovely and good look bad or vice versa. There are some creative things that they do with the edit, but I really do think that if people come across as as an asshole on the show, it's because they behave like an asshole behind the scenes. Well, they've come out and said that this cast from Married at First Site this year is the most badly behaved cast that they've ever had. And I was saying this to you earlier, but I think what happens, and you know it happened in our season with Bachelor as well. But when you take away all of someone's rights and you treat them like their children, then they behave like children. Like I even know with the girls from our season and myself included, like, I am one hundred percent guilty. We behaved so badly. So what something? What did you put something? You guys did? When we were filming our season of the show, they had really strict rules around alcohol, so we weren't allowed to drink alcohol unless it was on a cocktail party night or unless it was on a group date and it was specifically given to us. And then they're really good with it being like two an hour and things like that. Yeah, like they were big glasses. I mean it can still you can still get two bottles too, bottles. You can still get pretty jazzy at a cocktail party if you want to. So. But but they had definitely restricted out our alcohol intake because they won. They didn't want us being hungover filming, and also they wanted to make sure that we were, you know, not doing anything that was too antisocial or putting ourselves in harm's way. But I guess when you are in your thirties, and someone says, because like we wouldn't film over the weekend, right, so on the weekends we were free to do whatever we wanted, but we couldn't have any alcohol. And like, when you're in your thirties or your late twenties, you're like, I want to have a nice glass of wine with my dinner. And if I want that, then I should be able to have that because I'm I'm an adult. I'm a freaking adult. So instead of being a freaking adult, we behaved like children and we broke in to the room that they had locked and barricaded off for cocktail parties. We broke into that and then stoles malcohol and went had a party down on the tennis court. That makes so much sense to me because our alcohol room, which obviously my series was the year following Laura's series. Our alcohol room, it was like a chastity belt. That fridge it had like it had like five chains around it with these huge locks, Like there was no way we were getting into that fridge because we tried. My opinion of participants' retaliation and like, pushing back against production is kind of if you treat someone like a child, then they're going to behave like a child. So if you take away all their rights, then they're like, well, fuck you, I'm going to do whatever I want anyway. So I think that each season the contestants are pushing back more and pushing back more, but it's going to ruin the show. You just reminded me of something like. So the Bachelor's filmed over three months, and I and Sophie Cass and myself we were all so close the whole show, but we were really really good with not getting drunk at cocktail parties because you just I would just make the decision that I didn't want to put myself in a situation that I was gonna look like an idiot, that I was gonna say something dumb, do something dumb, tumble down some stairs, whatever it may be. You're like, I'm not gonna embarrass myself on national TV. So soph Cass and I all were like that we'd have a few drinks, but we never got drunk in the three months, and then it was our last cocktail party that we were together. So it was just that it was just us there and we were like nothing bad can happen now, which is just where the only ones left, and we got wasted, like we were the cameramen, like it was so funny. The cameraman couldn't do anything. We were like right trying to ride their cameras like horses, were like gidding up and they came upstairs. They're like, you, girls, I've given us no content for an hour. They're like, no, we need the drama. You need to fight, and we just knew it was our last time together. We were all friends, and it was just like I don't know what they got from that episode, but I guess with Marts the season, I just am a bit off it, and I know that that doesn't make for very interesting Like sorry, guys, that I didn't come to you with a better conclusion on the whole thing, but I don't. I know that they get mass ratings, and I know that it's such a love show and I love to hate the show, don't get me wrong, but I do feel like it wasn't as impactful, it wasn't as powerful, and it wasn't as entertaining as what past seasons have been because I really feel like the storylines are so heavily manufactured now the only people I believed in was Liz, Lizzie, Elizabeth whatever they call on Yes, but even Liz, and maybe because you didn't watch last season, she is a completely different person to last season. Well she probably knows how it works now, so but like not even I mean, like her personality is absolute chalk and cheese from last season really completely different, and so I found it difficult to warm to her as a character as like I'm going to say, like as a character on the TV show, Like I know she's a real person, but as a character, because I was so heavily invested in the last season, I was like, who is this impost? She didn't eat even come across with the same mannerisms or the same She spoke differently, she behaved differently, Everything about her persona was so different, which makes me think, did she just know how to work the work the camera now or did she know how to work the production or did she get a bad edit last did she get a bad edit? Like who is the real Lizzy? That? Then? I don't know. The only other thing that gives me hope is that Jules had just come out as pregnant jewels from last year, so there worked. They went on the season, fell in love, and now they're having a baby, so there is hope. Fault married at first sight. Oh they having a baby. Babies, It's really really exciting. And also Laura from my season of Bachelor, forgot what show I was on. She just got married. I know, I told you, well I'm telling everyone else she did. She got married but like super small wedding with no one there, didn't even wear a white dress, just like just obviously was in love and wanted to do it. Do you remember from my season the fire Twelling girl, that's a Laura. She she was engaged and her wedding fell during this whole crazy time where you can only have five people at your wedding and whole social distancing stuff. And do you know what I love? I love that she went through with it and she had her wedding now a really really small, beautiful little marriage that in itself is just such a beautiful thing because it shows how much it's about the relationship and how it's not about having a wedding to impress people for magazines or for media. It's just something that they did for themselves, and that's so special. Absolutely. Also, Bindi Irwin did the same thing, same thing. There were like four people there, so Bindy's Bindy married her now husband Chandler. Obviously, just such about love because there were five people there. Mind you, It's been on the cover of every magazine and it's on every site now. But they did it because they love each other. And I think that that's really beautiful. Actually, I want to tell you something. I just remembered it last week when we left the podcast studio. I need you to wind back. Last week we recorded and then we left in different cars because social distancing. Laura sped off in front of me. But we both live across the road from each other, so we're gonna end up at the same destination. We take the same route. She speeds ahead of me, and then I think that I see her like one hundred feets ahead of me, going back towards Bond Dive in like three lanes. So I speed up. I'm not speeding, speed up. She was speeding. I swear on my life this was you in this car. I put my hand out, I wind the window down. I put my hand out with my finger up. You flicked me off, and then I stuck out my tongue as if I was like cloud. I was like, nah, like you know stuff you like like I was trying to act like a gangster. I looked like the meanest, nastiest person. Well manster sticks their tongue out, Britte, I was like, and then the moment, so you poked your tongue out like a gangster, like a mean, nasty gangster with your tongue and poker the guys. I really wish you could see the face that she's making right now. But I have this my hand. My arm was straight out the window. I was leaning across like with this mean look on my face with my finger out like this. And then you, who I thought was you, looked at me and right next to the car, and it was some innocent lady I was looking at and she looked at me and was like and then I didn't even know what to do. I just went sorry, I'm I was like sorry, and then just like sped off.
Speaker 2: I thought, she doesn't need.
Speaker 1: This abuse from a random girl on the road. Imagine if she recognized you. I did. I'm glad I didn't get anywhere. I felt horrible, because I just thought it'd be funny if you looked over and I was like, well, I feel like that's a perfect little segue into our accidentally unfiltered brit have you got me? And accidentally unfiltered today.
Speaker 2: I feel like that is by accidentally unfiltered, But I I do have another one, as somebody wrote in, actually, I just thought this was funny for those of you that aren't original listeners, that don't know what accidentally unfiltered is, It's just this segment that we sort of made up one time.
Speaker 1: So you write in your most embarrassing moments. That's literally what it is. Things that just went so wrong, things that you wish you would the ground would just swallow you whole, imagining the worst thing that could happen to you. We want to hear that, so write it in. So carrying on from the things we've been speaking about in Corona, lockdown people are all you know, everyone's working from home now. We told some stories last week about just unfortunate things that have happened to people. We had one listener right in saying that her best friend's principal and the principal was having a zoom meeting they're all from home with other teachers. But she's a bit older and she doesn't really she's sort of like me, not older, but just doesn't get technology. So she's on the zoom meeting and she's talking away looking to her computer, and one of her colleagues is like, oh, oh, your camera's on the wrong way and quickly turn it around, turn around. She's like, I don't know how to turn around. I turn it around anyway. No camera has turned around straight onto her dildo that was just sitting there just to see, like all her colleagues, just to see a dildo sitting there and bless us, all, where do you go from that? You don't? You just have to own that. Did you see the zoom meeting. It's been making the traps around Instagram at the moment where a boss she turned herself into a potato by their filter. Have you seen the No, I can see that. So she put a filter over herself where it turned her into potato, and then she had to do the whole meeting as a potato with all her stuff because she couldn't figure out how to turn the filter off. Was an accident. It was an accident. It's been making the chats around Instagram. It's actually so funny and maybe I'll put it if I can find it, I'll put a link to it on our Instagram so guys can all have a look. So, guys, we do actually have a few more accidentally unfiltered stories that have come into us this week. I'm going to read you on right now. So there's this girl on the phone to her boyfriend and they're having a bit of an argument because he's trying to say, I have never sent you a dig pic. She's like, bro, you've sent me digpics. He's like I haven't. She's like, you have. I'll find it for you and I'll send it back to you to prove it. So she goes into a phone. She finds his like fully hard e wrecked penis that he's holding. Now mind you, he's holding it with a hand that's very distinct. It is covered in tattoos. It could be no one else's hand to no one else's peenius. So she's like in already. So she's like incoming because she's on the phone to him, press is send. He doesn't get it. He's like, where's it gone. She's like, oh, my actual god, I've just sent your hard dick to my mom. And then Mom's like, oh, Sally, do you often send dick pics like that? And she was like, Mom, please never never mention that again. And now her mom has seen her boyfriend's hard penis. I don't think it gets much worse than sending a dick pic to your mom, but it worse. How do you explain that? Yeah, Mom, sorry, I was just trying to convince my boyfriend that he had actually sent one to me in the past. By re sending a upcycled dickpic back, enjoy, Mom, save it. What a great time she's having.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The only thing that could be worse for that is if your dad sends you one. No, no, no, that's I mean, hello, yeah, that's terrific. But if if if he had sent it to his own mom, if you send your own dick to your own mom, at least this wasn't her child od's penis, do you know, like it was? It was her child's boyfriend's penis. But imagine if you're a mum and your son sends you a picture of his art peenis. I disagree. I think if I'm imaginings sick oh no. I'm imagining being in my fifties and Mary being in her twenties and her sending me a photo of her boyfriend's penis. I would be mortified. I would be one. I'd be like, that's my that's my child, that's my baby, But how dare you disrespect my baby like that? They're still don't think it would sit very well, But guys, please, like, we literally live for these accidentally unfiltered, so keep sending them in and just caption them at the top accidentally unfiltered aka most embarrassing moment of my life, so that we can live vicariously through them. So if you're wondering where to send them, jump onto our Instagram. It's at Life Uncut podcast and you can send us through your acciently unfiltered stories, just as brit has said. Or you can also send to us your ask Uncut questions because every Thursday we do a sneaky little episode which is Ask Uncut, where we answer all of the questions, the deep duck burning questions that you have for the week, whether their relationship or life based. Send them through and we will add them to the pile for this coming Thursday's episode. Now should we jump on in to the episode. Yes, Well, guys, considering what is going on in the world at the moment, and we cannot escape the Corona. It's everywhere, It's everywhere. We've been trying really hard to bring new content that is not just heavily based in this whole conversation around coronavirus, because we really feel like, no matter where you look, no matter where you turn, everything is Corona Corona, Corona, Ah Corona. You didn't no, but you did. I did anyway, So we didn't want to bring you more content to flood your ears with doom gloom Corona. However, the landscape of dating has changed for the interim. For the long term, we don't know how long we're going to be having to self isolate and maintain social distancing, and I think as a relationships podcast, we'd be really doing ourselves a disservice to not talk about how this is affecting dating and to talk about how this is affecting relationships. So we really wanted to touch on this episode about what does dating look like now that we're in this world where we can't be physical with each other exactly, and we don't know how long this is going to last. So it's nice to see a few of the really really big plays in the game, like Bumble and Tinder and like the whole match dot Com conglomerate jumping on board, and they've all started to do this video function where a few of them have actually had it for a while, and they haven't had it hasn't been popular, they haven't had a lot of use in it. In all my years on the online dating I never used that function, But now, yeah, like, ain't no one want to put a makeup in FaceTime some guy that they've literally just exchanged a short chat with no and no one looks good on FaceTime. That reminds me of like I think I told you last year. I'm just going to bring this in. The last person I was date, we'd only be I was like, I hadn't actually met him yet, but he got my number and we were texting back and forth. So this was happening like we were texting and then all of a sudden it popped up on my screen FaceTime. I literally threw the phone out the window. I was like, oh my god, you can't just oh my god, you can't just FaceTime me. I was like fresh out of bed, no makeup here in the top not And this was someone that I really wanted to impress. And then he was like, I know you're there, like you're just texting me, and I was like, no, this is this relationship is going too fast real quick. We are not in FaceTime territory. People, no, because you don't want to say that. So I said, oh, sorry, it's just that I'm naked, so I couldn't answer. Give me a few minutes put my clothes on anyway. I was like, brows, masca off, give me a few times to put my face on, my face clothes anyway. The moral of the stories, don't just ever sporadically FaceTime someone if it's a date, give give them a little heads up, pay I'm gonna call you in an hour or whatever. But the whole thing is these are online dating or all bringing in this video function, which I think is really really nice because you don't necessarily want to just straight out give your number up so you can FaceTime someone. That sounds ideal, but then you've just given you number to someone. So I like the fact that you can now do video calls online without without swapping your details. I think that makes a lot of people feel more comfortable. I hadn't thought of it like that. I hadn't realized that the reason why they would have the FaceTime in the app is to try and save you from giving away all your personal details sort of to someone who you don't know. You can kind of have that conversation within the dating app to start with exactly. That's amazing. And there's been an increase of about twenty one percent, so that was from Bumble. Bumbler said twenty one percent increase in messaging men starting the first message obviously because that's what Bumble is. But Tinder, every single app has registered an increase in downloads and communication starting and communication length so how long people are talking. So everything online has gone up. Everything is skyrocketing. Something that I thought was really interesting about the whole dating and isolation thing because I would have thought that people wouldn't be jumping on Tinder as much purely because you can't meet up in real life. But we threw this out to you guys, and we put a pole up and a questionnaire up on our Instagram page, and it was actually really interesting getting your feedback and your take on what does dating look like now for you. We had quite a few people write in and say that because they no longer feel like there's this immense pressure to meet up, they're almost wanting to use dating apps more because it's like a soft way of getting to know each other without this intensity around it. And so one person's written in saying, I'm using Tinder because I don't actually have to worry about seeing them in real life. Okay, so that is just a time film. What a time was? Yeah, But I mean, I guess the guys are doing the same thing, right. I think it's gonna be really difficult. I think there's going to be, like, I don't know, fifty to fifty. There's gonna be people that are just like, I'm so bored, give me someone to talk to you, but they don't actually want anything. And there's gonna be people that are like, Okay, let me actually see if I can form a some sort of real human connection here or totally. Another girl has said that she's found herself swiping right and talking to guys that she would normally never ever speak to, just out of pure boredom, Like, let's be really, you're going to talk to people that you probably never would have on the street, or that you never would have even online, because you're your time in real life. This is the thing, and this is what I always found. This is what I always found on my dating. My time was so limited that I didn't give probably enough people a chance. But that's because I didn't have the time. So i'd be like, Okay, I'm just going to really stick to what I know I like instead of just going outside the box a lot more. You were like, fuck boy, yes, fuck boy yes, ussehole yes, red flat yes, red back yes, I love the red flats. Oh my god, this guy looks really nice left And I'm like, Britt, he's wearing a prison jumpsuit. You're like, he's so cute in orange. But he only has two tear drop tattoos on his space and killed two people. No, but that's what I used to find, So I think, what's happening now? People have all this time on their hands, so they're saying yes to people that they probably wouldn't. They give me more people a chance. They're communicating with people that they might not have liked their occupation previously. They might not like the way they look, they might not have liked they might have been the same height as them. They're widening the net. Oh my god, it had the same height. I think that that's like the number one thing for people in dating apps, Like we are all we're not racist, we're not sexist, we're just highest were I am the highest. That's it. I would rather date someone ten years younger than me than shorter than me. I have done that. It is. I have dated someone shorter than me, and I like, bless him, he's an angel. But it's nothing. I mean, being short doesn't make you an asshole. Flora, You and I actually we're pretty tall, so we do need someone that's it has to be my height at least, because even if they're high, then you feel like you can't wear heels because you're ten times taller than them. And just kids. But that's okay, Like I, when that comes down to anything, you're allowed to have a preference. It does make you an asshole. You're allowed to say, you know, I'm attracted to guys who are brunette over guys who are blonde. I'm attracted to guys who are taller or who are taller than me. Like that, all of that is acceptable, But like just getting back on track with the dating and isolation. I do agree with you. I think that this is going to widen the net and allow people to start talking to people outside of their normal like in your lane, what you would normally go for, just because there's more time to explore. But I do think that this is also going to open up the time for exactly what we said, time wasters. You're going to be spending time talking to people and it isn't going to eventuate into anything because there are guys as well are out there sitting at home but nothing to do. They want to be entertained, they want some attention, and so definitely going to be a great area for some people where maybe it'll allow them to form deeper and more unique connections online, but it's also going to be a lot of time wasting. I think the people, thank god, we've got so much fucking time. I think that people. I could be wrong. I'm not often, but I could be. I think the people that take the next step, because you can there's only so much time you can talk to someone online and then it's nothing. You lose interest, the band has gone your friend zone. The people that are going to take it to the next level and actually start to video date and video call. I think that's going to start to wead the people out that are actually serious or not. Because people that are not serious and they're just killing time, they're the texters. They're the people that are texting you while the netflixing, you know, they're the people that are just bored. The people that are taking that effort to then meet you for an online date, which is which is what everyone in the world is doing now. I think they're the people that are actually probably a little bit more serious. Well that was actually something else somebody else had written in that it's forcing the conversations in their online dating to be a little bit more interesting. So instead of just getting like hair you up, how is your day? What's doing you? Like? Stuff like how was your day? I don't know, mate, my day was shit. I sat inside all day? What did you do? Like, they can't ask the same sorts of questions. So one person who had written in had said that they find that the conversations that they're getting are a lot more in depth and they are a lot more interesting. Yeah, because you have to ask questions that are outside your normal safe so you can't say how is your day, Like everyone's day is pretty much the same at the moment. You know, there's obviously variance of it, but we're all in the same kind of pile of shit right now. Okay, runs online dating, they're all making their connections, but then they start to do the video calls and people are really and I think it's quite nice people that wrote into us things that I've read. It's happening a lot in New York right now, because obviously in New York, the city that doesn't sleep, dating is huge over there, online dating is huge, but New York is really suffering, like they are getting a beating with what's happening right now. So there are a lot of really cute stories coming out of that. For example, I was reading about this guy that met a girl online and they wanted to have He really actually quite liked her. They had spoken on the phone but not video called, and they decided to go on a first date and they actually got dressed like a date. He blessed him. He sent her a bottle of wine, but then he had the exact same one so that they could drink together on the date and talk about the wine. They ordered the same food foes in so that they were eating the same foods, like it was like they were together. Literally, everything was like they were together, except they actually obviously weren't together. But I thought, bless your soul, that's beautiful And if anyone's listening right now, that is a great idea if you're a single and you're wanting to be still dating online and you're not really sure how to navigate this. Like, obviously, virtual dates amazing way very new age, very still very strange and weird territory. Like we're not going to pretend like that this is a totally normal thing that we're all across. Yet it's weird everyone's doing it, but everyone's doing it totally And there are some really cute virtual dates that you could do. Like I've talked to a couple of people who are single and they're doing things like cooking dates where they're facetiming or zooming each other and they're cooking the same meal. It's similar to similar to this couple who had the same wine and had a cute date. They're cooking the same meal and then they're watching a movie together, but they're kind of watching it on their own TV, or they're that would be weird, wouldn't it. But it's like real life goggle Box. But imagine also if they were it was like a first date. You're watching a movie. Now we're a talker, because I hate talkers in a movie. That's me. I'm the person that's always like, what just happened? What's going to happen now? And the person sitting next to me, which is normally Matt, is like, I have seen the same amount of this movie as you have. Laura. I'm like, but why does she say that? He's like, I'm gonna kill you. Okay, So I only do that in scary movies, scaring through movies, and I think it's a way of as a coping mechanism of like stopping what I'm seeing on the screen. I'm like, oh my god, no we didn't yes years, Oh my god, he's good to do it. He's gonna do it, She's gonna die, And it takes away the scariness of like the background music. That's my story, so story anyway. I just feel like watching a movie together is cute, but also if they're a talker, you might just have to mute them. But also good to know that they're a talker now because maybe they're not your person and maybe that's like, oh, sorry, this is never gonna work out. Because you talk through movies. You get to learn a lot about people when you're in isolation, especially the couples who are in isolation right now, learning a lot about your partners, I'm sure. But to be fair, we've had a lot of people say that isolation has been really good for them as a couple. Yeah, well, this is something that I found really interesting, and it's also something that I like, I wanted to bring up personally in really to like Matt and I. So, I think, and I've seen it a lot on Instagram. I've seen it a lot on social media. We're being really quick to make jokes about how shit it is being trapped in isolation with your partner and how you know, you get really annoyed by the fact that you spend twenty four to seven with them. But I actually think and the overwhelming response to what we put up on Instagram was that most couples who were in isolation together, it's been great for their relationship and it's made them really really happy, and it's made them spend quality time together and it's made them appreciate their partner and all the things that they do for them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Some one girl had written in saying that her partner's cleaning hips more because now he's got more time. There were a few people who wrote in saying that it hasn't been good for their relationships. But what I think this situation is going to do is it's going to be a real pressure cooker and it's absolute make or break for these relationships. For some people, it's going to fast track them to babies and weddings, and maybe it will make the relationship move at a quicker pace than what they'd originally thought. And for other people, it will also make it move to a quicker pace, but it will make it move towards breaking up, because that's also going to happen for people. It's going to like put the pressure on. And it's a situation where you never would experience normally, but I imagine and that would be tough for the people that are going to break up because you wouldn't do it now you wouldn't do it too. How do you break up in isolation? You can't? I think you write it out? Do you do you just stay? When do you know, the world shut, the world's on pause. It's not straightforward, and it sucks to be leaving a relationship now. When people have lost their jobs, people have been to be codependent on people when they wouldn't normally. There's a lot there's so much happening now where people it's out of our control, and I think we're leaning on a lot of people in our lives more than ever. Just on what you just said as well. And a little bit of advice that I want to give to listeners to is that if you are going through a really hard patch with your partners now and this is overwhelming for you, I don't think it's necessarily a reflection that your relationship is bad and that the person you're with isn't the right person for you. I think that this is an unprecedented stressful situation that you will never have to go through with your partner again. And there'll be other stressful situations, sure, but it won't be like this. It's never going to be that you have to stay locked in a house with someone for twenty four to seven of your time. So I think if people are not on their best behavior at the moment, they are afforded a little bit of time, and they can be afforded a little bit of leeway because this situation is not going to bring out the best in everyone. You need some wiggle room. Yeah, it doesn't mean that your relationship is shit and doesn't mean that your relationship should be over it. Maybe for some people it will be the sort of the icing on the cake and it will make them realize that they weren't in the right relationship. And for those people then that's actually in the long run of good revelation. But for some people, I think this is just super stressful and it doesn't mean your relationship is the wrong one. It's just means that you know, this is not something that anyone could have could have been prepared for. And so I think don't put too much pressure on yourself or be too hard on yourself if you're not super happy in your relationship right now. Either. The other thing in regards to that is, for sure you can have some leeway. Know that it's not forever. You need your wiggle room, you need your leniency, you need your understanding. But if if you're in a situation that's really really extremely uncomfortable, if you're in any way you know that you need out. You can do that also, because this could be going on for six months. You know, they have said that there could be restrictions and warnings for six months, So know that if you are one hundred percent that this is not right and you are uncomfortable, there are so you can still get rentals, you can still leave. We're just saying that if you're with your partner and you just want to strangle them right now, write it out totally total. That will get better. But I guess there's this other idea too. For new couples. There's so like, there's so much I've been trying to think about and get my head around. For all these new couples right that are social distancing. Everybody seems to have this different idea of what social distancing is and what it means to them. And there are some new couples that are saying, Okay, well, you know we were seeing each other before this, so let's continue to see each other. And they're a bit more lenient, and then the other partner is saying, oh, absolutely not like who knows where you've been in terms of like obviously to the shop or something, but like they're taking it really seriously. So they're not wanting to see their partner, But what an easy way of like forcing a breakup if you were not happy in your relationship, be like, sorry, Babe've got a social distance for the rest of my last Scomo said one point five meter is I can't see you for six months and then just don't call them, goes them, and by their time we all come out of isolation. You're like, boyfriend, who what? But that's a people I feel sorry for the Oh, I just feel sorry for these people. Well, I mean also for people who freshly got into a relationship before this happened, now that they're in lockdown, but they live in different states, or one person works in medicine, and then therefore there's even more restrictions, Like a lot of people who wrote in we had a lot of nurses who can't see their boyfriends or can't see their partners because they need to isolate more than sort of like a regular person. And it puts massive strain on a relationship. But I guess you just kind of have to view it as though you're doing long distance for a little while, and that's like it's a new way of navigating the relationship. But I think this is this, Like I said, this whole period is going to be the make or break. The relationships that come out of this are going to be such strong and unified relationships, and the ones that fall apart because of this, maybe it's just a fast track to them falling apart. Maybe they were already going to do that at some point in time in the future. Anyway, I do think it's really important that we don't stop dating, and I'm putting that in inverted commas because we still do need social connection. We still do need an emotional connection, human contact. You do need all that. But it's rah I'm going to say, don't go and physically see people. It's just it defeats the whole purpose of what we're trying to do here, which is not spread corona and flatten the curve. That's what we need to do, and just saying, oh, just one night, I'm just going to see him one night, it doesn't work like that. It's that's all it takes, you know. So I'm going to be a real advocate here for if you just to not go and actually hook up with these people that you've met online. You're telling everyone to go on a severe DD. Why don't you tell everyone what a DD is, Laura, get yourself on their dick detox, ladies.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I think we need a nation, a worldwide dick detops. This is the only way to stop coronavirus. Is if everybody goes on a dick detox, we'll be all out in the open again and you guys can go hunting once more. But look, I mean, like brit said, we are absolutely advocating for you guys to you know, maintain social distancing and not go out and not you know, do like do the right thing totally. If everybody does the right thing, now you can all go and do whatever the hell you want sooner. But also because it's going to be like obviously if you're online dating still, it's going to be tempting to just sneak over to their house to meet them, especially if you've met someone who you have what seems like a great connection with them. But I think also keep in mind unless it is just hangs and bangs that you're after, but if you're after a relationship and you really do think this person might be great, going over to their house as like a secret little meetup you're putting yourself into that category of just being a fuck buddy potentially, especially if you don't have the chance of meeting them in a way where it's a proper date and you can put some parameters and some protection around yourself. Also, it can just be dangerous, like going to someone's house who you've never met before, who you have no information on, Like you know, and I know that a lot of people do it, and I've done it in the past, you know, having a Tinder hook up. But be smart, ladies, like, don't put yourself in a situation that's going to be dangerous for you because we can't go out and have a normal date at a pub or a bar and that's the only way of seeing them. Because the thing you have to keep in mind is that you don't know how many people they've done that with that week or within the last two weeks. And not only could you get hurt in other ways, you can also catch Corona now, which is a whole nother amazing thing to throw into the list of potent possibilities that could happen. It's not just an STD now, it's Corona and an STD totally. So I think be safe and be smart with how you're dating at the moment. And as much as like, like Britz said, as much as it's it seems like it's a bit futile, I think it is really important to maintain human connections and it is okay to kind of line up your pen pals for once this whole thing is over, then you can have your dates. And I do want to put one little ad on there for all of you listeners who are especially like it well in Sydney. All of you listeners are in Sydney, but especially in the East Nilaura and I in Bondai or any of the eastern beaches. I'm talking to you, don't go and hook up with anyone because Bondni is the epicenter of the nation for corona. We have more Corona cases spreading in Bondi than anywhere else in Australia. So if that's not going to keep you away from your one night's stand, I don't know what is. If you're someone who is a serial data and you're you'll like have been punching out those dates girlfriend left, right and center, then this could be a really great time to sort of stop and reassess what it is that you want in a partner and what you want in a relationship, and like, you can still online date, you can still be chatting to guys, but it's a really good time to kind of like slow it down a little bit and make some decisions about what you actually want in a partner so that you're not you're breaking that routine of just serial serial dating, which I think can sometimes cloud what your decision making is in a relationship, and it can also make you choose guys who aren't necessarily the right guys for you because you're just you're too busy dating to actually stop and take stock of what's happening around you. So I think that this could be a good thing for those serial datas out there. I also think that for a silver lining of sorts. I know that that's horrible reaching for straws here, guys, No, but a silver lining for sure is that I think that this could be like the major disruption that we need to get dating back to the old days of being more respectful and more wholesome and more of literally getting to know someone on a level that's not physical. And I think there's a lot to be said for that, because if you look back at the generations of dating. We've gone from like courting one person from a long time ago, putting a lot of energy into it, to now half the people don't even know the name of the person they're hooked up with, Like people just go and have these one night stands. So I think that silver lining is going to be really nice to spend some time getting to know somebody. And if somebody isn't willing right now to commit to some time getting to know you in terms of online video dates, they're probably not going to be someone that's going to commit the time to you in the real world either. So if they're not if they can't be bothered to date you now at this time in this pandemic, in this situation, they're probably not going to be bothered in the real world. So I wouldn't bother with them, Oh my god, totally. And you also know that if somebody is putting in the effort and the time now and they're actually maintaining this communication and this conversation throughout all the ups and downs of this period, they are someone that you want to invest time in. Once we can go back to life as normal, Imagine how great that guy's going to be in real life. That sent the bottle of wine to the girl and then they drunk the same one on a video date. Angel and Angel him now one of my girlfriends who is kind of talking to this guy at the moment on Tinder, and it's progressed. They're like whatsapping each other all the time, and and they've been video skyping. They haven't met. She's been really good with maintaining this whole social distancing thing. She said to me, you know, maybe it's going to be really weird and like not meet my expectations when I meet him in real life. Like she's like really worried that it's going to be weird meeting someone who she's had such an online connection with. But I think it'll be the opposite. I think if you are facetiming and you have seen their mannerisms, and you've spoken to them on video call and you are maintaining a constant flow of conversation, I think when you meet them for the first time on that first date, if you've already had such a level of communication and connection, that is going to transcend and translate into real life. If anything, you'll feel like you're old friends. You'll feel like this has been something that's been going on for ages, and it probably will progress very quickly after you do meet up in real life. All right, I think it's storytime. Dun dund dum. This just reminded me, Well, if we had the new podcasting equipment, I could have had a little sound effect in there, because the new stuff is great. This just reminded me of a perfect story. That's exactly what you just said. So after my sister and I we'd spent about six or seven months in South America or something like that before we were moving to the UK to Scotland. Now you wouldn't know because oh, actually you might have. Were you around on Tinder when Tinder had the geolocation you could you could swipe into another country, you didn't have to be there. Did you have that? Yeah, yeah, okay cool. I didn't know how out of the game you work, but I was on Tinder back in the day when Tinder used to tell you how long your match, like how long ago your match had been online and you couldn't turn it off. That was a word. So feel like it would be like your match was online ten minutes ago. But he hasn't spoken to you. Yeah, we had been in South America for so long, and we knew that we were then moving to Scotland for a little while. So one day we're really bored. We're like, let's GEO swipe in just Scotland to see what men are waiting for us. We're like, let's get ready. We just we weren't going to talk twenty one on there. We just wanted to see what the men in Scotland were like, because I imagine them all to be Jamie from Outland. Anyway, I got a rude shock and I lick his chest, so Sheridan, I was swiping right and I came across this guy, an Indian guy, and I don't know. He was young. He was too young for me. He was twenty six. And I don't know what it was, but I was like, Sherry, you need to find this guy and say yes. And I showed her and she was like why, and I was like, I don't know, you just need to say yes. There's something about him. I don't know what it is. She'd never dated someone of color before. I cannot tell you what it was that made me say that, But I was like, go and find this guy. His name's Jay say yes, and she was like, okay, whatever. I didn't think much of it. We're both laying in bed swiping next to each other. About an hour later, she comes across the guy, so she's like, well, swipe, yes, it was a match. They start talking. You have never experienced anything like this. They were talking online, probably one hundred messages a day, easily two hundred messages a day, NonStop, and that went on for two and a half months. They spoke NonStop, NonStop, NonStop, and I was like, you're a sick oh. And they were like, we're so obsessed with each other. They've never met, so this is like the isolation thing, right. They finally meet after two months in real life, thinking that their soul maids and I was on the first date with him. They finally meet and Sheridan walks away, and they were so nervous because they just thought they were the most perfect people for each other. And Sheridan walks away and she's like, well that was nothing like it was. I think we're just friends. And I'm like, surely not. You've been obsessed with him for two months and she's like, I don't know, I don't know. I think we're just friends. Like I think we hyped it up too much, but they were both so nervous anyway. She was currently saying that as well, because she was like, I really like him, but I don't want to, like a bit of a defense mechanism. So after you build this like you were just saying about your friend for two months, talking someone NonStop and skyping each other, you build like such a strong emotional connection that as soon as it came time to meet each other, she was like, he's not gonna like me in real life. Turns out he thought the same thing, Like there was so much pressure on it that they just weren't themselves when they met. But they gave it a few more times to meet, and thank god they did because he lives in Australia now and they've been together for five years. Isn't that amazing? Is that? And this amazing? Yeah? I knew who I knew who this story was about. I had to pretend like I didn't know, but I knew. But like it's I just feel like it's the same thing as what's going on now. People are gonna be talking to each other for months not knowing they're gonna then meet each other, feel all the pressure. It might not be ideal the first time, like your friend said, but pushed through it because you're just gonna be nervous, and you could find a little pot at the end of the road. Could be a penguin. There could be an isolation penguin, iso penguin, iso peng. Well, just imagine, imagine how nuts the dating world is going to be when we're all allowed back in the wild. Can you imagine? So I guess to tie this up is whatever you want goes right now, as long as you don't physically meet them up. But there's no Actually, I was about to say there's no rules, but there are some fucking rules. No, there are some strict rules. Do not go within one point five meters, do not physically touch. Kissing is not allowed at this period in time when you are supposed to be self isolated. We're not supposed to go over and see people and actually have dates in the flesh. I know it can feel like, especially if you're single and you want to be in a relationship and you have been looking for someone through a period of time, and look, this is going to sound like, oh yeah, great, coming from the girl who's in a relationship, like, screw you, Laura. But it's not going to be that long. We're not going to be in this phase forever. It's not gonna last forever. It's like three maybe six months of being single. And I know that that for some people that sounds like a really long time. But hey, I've been single for nine years, so but you know what, BRIT's doing fine, and here she is. Don't be so hard on yourself. It is not the end of the world to be single during this period. Lean on your girlfriends as well. FaceTime people who you love, FaceTime your friends, FaceTime your family, and spend some time on yourself as well, because this is going to be a bit of a strange time for dating, and I think try and have as much fun with it as you can and don't get too caught up if these connections and relationships aren't working out or people aren't sort of writing back to you in the way that you would expect, because I think other people are online time wasting as well. Okay, guys, like, yes, you can't get intimate in real life, but there's still phone sex for some people. That might be weird territory that you maybe you've never done that before, you mean just with partners. Oh, because I wouldn't be phone sex in like tinder date. Well, I mean maybe you will be if you've been tinder dating him for three months though in isolation like oh for sure if it's a long term yeah, likeder isolation if you if you're building connection with someone and it's progressing in a way and you want to get more intimate with them, like, there are other options as to how you can show intimacy with someone then other than just meeting up with them. Maybe it's a new time to explore something that's a little bit outside your comfort zone. Push those boundaries his girlfriend. My advice if you are going to take this next step, like Laura has just said, is if you've been dating someone for a few months, I can I can attest to them. Even after two years, you can guarantee know someone you don't. So after you've been dating someone for a few months you do want to take the next step. My advice sister is do phone sex, not skype sex, not video sex, because it's that's out there. You don't know who this person is, you don't know they're recording it, you don't know anything could happen with that, So just just don't go there. Just do not go there. Stay verbal without video people stay verbal, do it orally not by video. But no, that's actually such a good point. Sexprit and sex staning totally in messages. If you don't feel comfortable actually saying the words, then you can do it through your fingertips. You do still have to protect yourself because it is so easy for someone to screen record or for someone to video record a zoom or a skype. So make sure that you're not doing something that could put you into a compromising situation later on with someone who you don't know. That well, that's such a good point. Yeah, I can't stress that enough. But onto the last little point that it's a bit more of a positive point. We just thought we'd throw out some date ideas. We wanted to put together a couple of things that we thought could be nice date ideas that you could throw around to a potential partner. If you guys are tossing up how to kind of progress things to the next stage, So I love the idea of sending the wine or even I guess if you wanted to go to the extra hog you could uber eat a meal to them as well, so it's like you've bought them dinner and then you could eat together on Skype. I love that. I think that's really really really cute. That's something I would do. But I think that's really really nice because you're eating the same meal, you're drinking the same wine. I don't know, it feels like you're having dinner together. It does, and I just think it's it gives you something more to talk about than if you were both drinking and eating something different because you can't compare it. You know, if you were eating Thie and I'm eating, you can't go what do you think of the peperoni? You know, you can't you can't compare your food. And like, I don't know, I like that. That's like a baseline of an important part of your initial date. It's the fact that you can compare the food that you're eating. Food and wine do That's my life. But it's nice. It's nice to have these shared experiences and if you can find small ways to do something together. I mean, I know that there were other people who were saying that they were meeting up and going for a walk, but maintaining social distancing whilst going for a walk. I mean, you can potentially still do that. I think that that errs into the gray area of what isn't isn't acceptable, though, I really like the idea of doing like a date that's a cooking date. And I know, I know that all of this is surrounded by food, but if you guys decide on something that you're both going to cook in your own house and you can have it on Skype or on zoom and you can do like a little cooking date together. I know a couple of people who have done that, and that seems like a really cute little first date as well. And at least then it's also a bit interactive, so you're not just sitting there being like, so, what have you done today? I know a couple that went for a walk at the exact same time for an hour, like they're our exercise, not together, but they skyped while they did it, so they were both walking out and they just tried to pretend they were walking together. I was pretty cure. It's so cute. God, we live in a weird world, guys, all right, give me another one. BRAND would always do like this is I'm just thinking, what's the things that I would do? You could do like a workout together organized for the same like put it on the TV or whatever you're going to do, and then you're gonna have to be so painfully fits bo to want to do that, Like that's what I would do. That's untied hit workout. Or if if a guy hit me up and was like, hey, let's do a workout for our first date, I'd feel like you sound exhausting. Okay, I can't tell you how many first dates I have suggested that have been exercised. Going for a walk, fine, fine, tennis, hike walk so okay, I can get on board with most of them. Tennis No, but that's because I'm very uncoordinated. But hike walk great. If someone was like, let's go and do a boxing and a pilates, I'd be like, I do I look like I need to lose some weight, I get toned. No, I'd be like, yes, I will marry you. Yes, it's a yes, And he'll be like, what, yes, I'll go to the boxing?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: I mean I will, you'll come. So I think that's a really cute idea. But if you guys have any other ideas that you've been doing, or if you've had a really cute date that we haven't spoken about, we do want to hear about it because we want to pop it out on this platform to help other people, because there are a lot of people in this position right now. A lot of people have written into us saying we don't know how to date, we don't know what to do right now. So if you've had something really cute happen to you that maybe they've done to you, you've done to them, any ideas, send it in to us on Instagram at Life Uncut Podcasts, and we want to share the love and get it out there because we want all of you guys to find love. Absolutely, guys. We'll keep on adding to this and we will put some things up on Instagram. If you guys share some great ideas with us, then we will share it with the crew. I EU and enjoy dating and this really weird and wonderful Titanerpe. That's not wonderful, it's just weird. But enjoy dating because guys, human connection is still so important even though you can't see each other or touch each other in real life. We're so lucky that we live in a day and age where we still can online connect with people and there is still the potential to get out there and maybe meet your soulmate. Who knows. Yeah, Corona, it's going to cause our lives to be significantly different for a very long time. And I think it's really important that you all understand self isolation doesn't have to be emotional isolation. Ooh, good one, Brittany XO XO. All right, guys, we never finish an episode without our favorite part of the episode. I said that about other accidentally unfiltered part, but you know what, this is also our favorite part two, and that is suck and sweet baby. All right, brick, gimme your suck. Straight up. My suck was when I was fanging it up at like eighty kilometers an hour, sticking my finger out at you, and it wasn't you. That was my straight up, Like I just felt like the nastiest bitch, so that that was like such a thag. That was for sure my suck. My sweet was probably I went for a walk and I just wanted to go around the corner. I said to my sister, because that's what I'm isolating with. Hey, just come around the corner. I want to just check out this little area that I hadn't been to before. So she's likeugh, I'm tired, but like whatever, fine, So we start walking and we accidentally walked for twelve kilometers. That is not a sweet You're so sweet? How is that as sweet? Because it was I accidentally walked for twelve kilometers? Well, did you have an aneurysm? How the hell did you accidentally walk somewhere for twelve kilometers? I just felt yeah, okay, I'm weird. That is my sweet. I just felt really good because I was like, literally, nothing is happening in your life is what you've just proved. Imagine if you accidentally did twelve kilometers, how good you feel because you're like, I accidentally did it. Now, I've done it. Now dime to see that would never happen to me, because I'm the person that goes for a run and I'm like, yes, this has to be like five k's And then I look at my fitbit and I've run six hundred meters. You're at your letterbox. Everything hurts. That's me. I will never accidentally exercise more because I am acutely aware of how much i've exercised because every step hurt. Well, I'm not gonna lie. Nothing good has happened to me this week, so that is it hasn't it's been. It's tough, like Shitna, it's not shit. Don't say that it could be better than patients. Have you diagnosed? Oh yeah, guys, Look BRIT's still working in hospital and she is right there on the front line with all this craziness, so she's allowed to have a bit more of a Debbie Downer than the rest of us. Yeah, I don't actually mean live shit. It's not like my life. My life is really really good. I'm very very lucky. I'm very prospective. It's perspective, but like, yes, that is as good as it got. This week was my accidental twelve kilometers. Tell me about your suck. So my suck was getting the USB stuck in the back of the road caster. That was really, really, really crap. That was like my tough guys. I just bought you and I can't stress this enough. I just bought this brand new possible podcasting equipment. It costs like almost two grand, and the first time we go to use it, I get the fucking USB jammed in the back of it like an absolute idiot. Yeah it was Laura. Laura goes, oh my god, can you believe I have done this? And I was like, yes, yes, yes I can. Thanks for the support there, Brittany. And my suite, I have a couple of sweets. Oh break the rules?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: So my suite is us hitting a million? Oh my god, a million? One point one? One point one point one okay, one point we're in the one million club. Yeah, we're in the one million club. And my other suite is if my other sweet was. Honestly, as much as being in isolation has been has been really challenging. It sometimes I he loved my Saturday night, Like Matt and I had the cutest Saturday night together. We had a proper date night and a boogie at home. We danced around our apartment for two hours together, and we drank Margarita's until we were both very drunk, and we just had such a good night. It made me realize that even though we can't go out, it doesn't mean that we can't still have fun together. And I thought this time would put a lot of pressure on us, and I thought that we would be bickering, and I thought that it would be difficult for us, but it's actually been really great for us, and I'm really grateful for it. That's really cute.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I love that. Fore, I'm not grateful for Corona. I'm grateful for the extra time we get to spend together. And also, like Matt's lost all of his work, so it's really stressful for him. He was supposed to be filming Luxury Escapes at the moment. That's obviously being called off because it's a travel show. He can't be presenting with that at the moment, so he would have been away. He would have been away for the better half of the next three months. But now he's stuck at home with me. Sucker. I love having an unemployed boyfriend. It's great. Guys. Thanks so much for tuning in, and thank you so much, every single one of you that has and you have got us to the one million club. I am still shocks that that many of you want to listen to us, but we work a million downloads. That's freaking crazy, man. Yeah, I did forget. I would like to change my suite from twelve kilometers to one million downloads. Please, so incredible, guys, We're so so grateful for every single person who has listened subscribe left a review. Some of the messages that we get from you guys that have said, you know that the content that we've put out has really helped you through bad breakup or through difficult times in your life, Like, we are so grateful that what we can give to you may in some way brighten your day or a little piece of advice that might put you on the right trajectory. Like that's the whole reason why we're doing this, And we know that it's made an impact in some of your lives because you've told us so, and it's such an incredible privilege to be able to do that. So thank you so much, guys, We honestly are so grateful. This is like, I'm probably the thing I'm most proud of ever is making impact and doing this with you, creating this with you our friendship, Like who would have thought so When Britain I met we just like randomly met through the whole Bachelor franchise because we both had gone through the same similar experience and I reached out to her. Never in a million years do we think that we would start a podcast. Never in a million years do we think that once we'd started the podcast that you guys would listen to it on such a mass scale, and here we are. It's just incredible. And just to show you how far we've come, I had to go pick up something from Laura's house this morning. I waltzd on in and I saw some fresh hot Cross buns there and I was like, Laura, won't mine. Just pulled one out, got it out of the pantry, got myself some honey. You toasted it. She literally walked into my kitchen toasted herself a hot Cross bun. And I was like, this is how you know when you've got a real friend, when you can go to their fridge without us. And then she was like, have you got honey? Like, where's your honey in this house? I'm like, babe, it's right there in the pantry. Can help yourself please. I offered you if you wanted one to but you didn't. But guys, if you if you know somebody right now that you think might benefit from anything any of our episodes ever, or especially now, any of these episodes relating to Corona, relating to dating. If they just are feeling down and they need to laugh, tell them to listen to our bonus episode two weeks ago because it's literally it's made for laughter and it's just golden. It's our most embarrassing moments, so it's brilliant. But just share it with your friends because that's what helps us grow and we really, really really appreciate it. We read every single review. We like it makes our day when we read or we send them to each other, like it's sad, but we love it. But also just on what Britt said, like, if you know someone who is going through a hard time, maybe they're going through a breakup, maybe they're in a challenging relationship right now where they need to get out, or you know that that's not the right relationship for them, recommend it to those friends because this content is created for them. This content is created for people who are going through the ups and downs of life. And Yeah, if we can make a little bit of an impact in someone's life, then that's just exactly why we're doing this. Yeah, share the love because we love Loveday the baby Again, they're not cutting the body. They're not cutting the body. They're not cutt of a.
Speaker 2: That's that day.
Speaker 1: Their name The BA