Speaker 1: Celebrity news like that.
Speaker 2: Guards remember ray Gun from the Olympics, that b girl. So the twenty twenty four paras Olympics, she got out there, she did a breakdancing thing and it wasn't very well received, we could say. So she did like the jumping around like she was a kangaroo, the weird on the floor wiggling and stuff like that. I honestly thought like it was a piss take sane, which when I first saw it, I'm like, she's gone out there and taken the piss, which you know, a lot of people were pissed off about. Yeah, like you're representing our country because she got zero points, like zero not. One of the judges thought, you know what, like she rocked up and.
Speaker 3: She tried like just zero because it's not breakdancing what she did.
Speaker 2: What's bizarre about the whole thing is that outside of dancing, she also holds a PhD in cultural studies, which focus on breaking culture. So she's basically dedicated her whole life to breakdancing and she sucks. I mean, it's just weird anyway. So then our Relie sing a Netflix documentary about Raygun. It's called Untold Raygun, Breaking Badly, which is coming out on September first. The trailer has been released over nine I want you to have a little listen to it.
Speaker 3: Right before the Olympics, I went to my therapist panic. She was like, what's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 1: The whole world could laugh at me. So do you think that's reasonable?
Speaker 3: I was like, oh no, it was this frenzy, it was this growing monster.
Speaker 4: I mean, it would be interesting to see how it all came about and what her deal is.
Speaker 3: Surely she has friends in the industry, like let's say the breakdance industry, or like other friends who are dancers.
Speaker 2: Who have said you, so, hey, that doesn't kind of.
Speaker 3: Represent you know what, you know, the breakdancing culture.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of there's always that kid whose parents haven't told them they suck at singing, and they just try and they get up in front of everyone, they audition for talent shows, and you're just like someone needs Like if your kid came to you, Amy, one of your three children, and said I, Mum, I really want to be a professional singer, and then gave it all they've got to you and Ryan, your husband, and you sat there and you're like they are tone deaf. Would you tell them to avoid this?
Speaker 3: I would let them go and work on themselves.
Speaker 2: Here's what I wouldn't let them do.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't let them go into like a.
Speaker 3: Live TV show and audition where Olympics all the Olympics. Yeah, yeah, if they were singing at the Olympics, I would put a stop to that before they got there.
Speaker 4: See, you know what you've got to do that. I remember my old man. I'm in the living room, I was singing. This got to be all right, all right, all right, he goes to your tone deaf, stop singing.
Speaker 2: Also tell you that you can't dance.
Speaker 4: Nah, No, he hasn't got that.
Speaker 2: So he discovered that is literally.
Speaker 4: I remember headphones on in the living room.
Speaker 2: Remember, you've got to be cruel to be kind.
Speaker 4: I respect him for it. I am to deaf, I can't sing. Yeah, problem solved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Didn't try and be a singer.
Speaker 2: Tough love. Now Jojo, and I'm not talking about Jojo. See why I'm talking about the original Jojo. Remember this huge song leave Get Out. She had all the makings of being the next big pop star back in the day. She had that song. She had too little too late, a couple of other ones. Then she disappeared off the face of the earth. Now, the reason that happened, if you didn't know, she actually signed a really bad record deal at the age of twelve. She was signed really young, obviously, got bad advice, and then she was locked into this deal where she was blocked from releasing music for ten years. So that's why she just disappeared, because she had a disagreement with her record label and they just stopped allowing her to put music out and she couldn't go elsewhere. She was locked into this deal. She also had a kind of Taylor Swift situation where she also didn't own the master recordings of those songs like her big songs that she had early on, So if you look up Leave on Spotify, for example, it sounds completely different because she had to re record it much later. So anyway, she disappeared, But now she's kind of come back and on her socials she's doing a bit of an educational thing where she's teaching people about the music industry. She did one on like talking to people about the difference between owning your master recordings and all that kind of thing, and her latest video is all about the fact that she thinks that no real singer, no singer is really singing live anymore because of how advanced technology is. Even when they're singing live, it's auto tuned, and like when you go to concerts and you're like, oh, her mic is on, Sure it might be, but it's not actually what they sound like. Take a listen.
Speaker 1: But I find it really interesting is that most people don't even realize that their expectations have changed, because every concert sounds flawless. I've been in an audience and I'm watching a show and I'm like, you'll see what's going on, right, and they're like, yes, the mic is on. I'm like, it's literally not. But then if they weren't using this stuff, A misnoe, a human moment, a run that doesn't quite land, all those things start to feel and sound like a failure when it used to just feel like.
Speaker 4: I'm not bothered by people auto tuning. What's that thing where they're not really singing butlepsy bother me. I know people are real purists for it, but I'm like, well, if it sounds good, it sounds good, you know.
Speaker 3: I just remember going to a Rihanna concert and I used to love her.
Speaker 4: I still do.
Speaker 3: But her on the radio or on you know, Spotify versus her in real life, it's not pretty different.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, Right, so if they fake it when they're up on stage and it sounds like it does on the radio, then what's the problem. Yeah, well they're a fraud. Is that what you're saying? You call them Rihanna a fraud live on It.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying she sounded different to Also, you've got to remember, just like a game of footy, right, your favorite player has an off night.
Speaker 2: You could go to a concert. They could be just having an off day. Yeah, that can happen, but there's no room for error anymore. That's what JoJo's saying. She's like one off note with phones on the internet, and you're basically gone viral for being a shit singer. Yeah,