Speaker 1: Get a Peter, Hell, are you here?
Speaker 2: Welcome to you?
Speaker 1: Ain't saying nothing yet.
Speaker 3: The movie podcast where chat to a movie lover about a classic or beloved movie they haven't quite got around to watching until now. In today's guest actor writer Jackson Toza, the first rule.
Speaker 1: Of Fay Club is you do not talk about fake club now.
Speaker 4: Ay as you're afraid of you broke my heart.
Speaker 1: I admire your luck, mister Bond, James.
Speaker 2: Bond, me have a a right now.
Speaker 5: Don't seeing nothing here.
Speaker 3: I had the pleasure of meeting young Jackson Toza on a little got a web series that I did an appearance on that Steve Bastoni had put together called Welfare. I met Jackson and I worked with him in some scenes. Occasionally you work with an actor, or you see an actor or comedian and you just feel like, Oh, they're going.
Speaker 2: To make it, They are going to have a wonderful career.
Speaker 3: I had a very similar feeling when I saw Luke McGregor on Channel thirty one. I had the same feeling seeing Jackson Tozer working so much so that I cast him in an episode of the first series of How to Stay Married. He's in the episode where he robs seven to eleven and ends up well chricking my sperm anyway, well not my sperm, my character sperm anyway. Pretty gross, a bit bloody funny. But Jackson has gone on and been their real presence of the strange entertainment scenes. He started on This Is Littleton back in twenty fourteen. He's done shows such as Five Bedroom, The Newsreader, Mister in Between, which is fantastic, on Ruston On, on Netflix, the XPM, on the ABC, Sean mchayliff. He's been on Utopia, Secret Bridesmaid's Business. He goes on and on. He received praise for his lead role in the twenty sixteen independent film Lazy Bones. Toesy's performance as a sweet and funny Ben is effortlessly brilliant and arguably award worthy. Jackson can be seen in the short film called Hatchback with our very good friend Steve Carry, which is getting rave reviews at the Saint Killer Short Film Festival, so look out for that. Personally, Jackson is so enthusiastic, he is committed to his craft, and he's bloody hilarious and I'm bloody's doked to be hanging with him today.
Speaker 1: Gooda my name is Jackson Tozer. My three favorite films are Kill Bill.
Speaker 5: Bad Woman Deserves Revenge.
Speaker 6: Austin Power was.
Speaker 1: Sniskier and The Impossible I Will Find Them comes to that, And up until a few days ago, I had not seen determinetor.
Speaker 3: If Top Gun was the making of Tom Cruise, and undoubtedly nineteen eighty four is the Terminator. Sees the rise of future icon of action cinema in Arnold Schwartschenegger, sent from an apocalyptic future, which incidentally is only seven years away. A cybog arrives as naked as the day I was born, with one deadly mission to kill Sarah Connor, played by Linda Hamilton in a role that is absolutely legendary, particularly knowing where she takes the character in t TU Judgment Day Sarah Connor a true feminist icon. Whilst Arnie tracks Sarah Connor down, a man by the name of Kyle Reese has volunteered in the future to protect.
Speaker 2: And well shag ms Connor.
Speaker 3: James cameron second film, Well, he considers it his second after a miserable experience on Piranha too, so he's a giant of cinema, arrived in style and bloodshed. Jackson Toza, be honest, have you been sent from the future to kill me?
Speaker 1: Not to kill you, not to kill but to persuade you to make the right choices. You end up leading the Liberal Party in ten years. I'm just going to nudge you in the right direction.
Speaker 3: That's all I had to see to Key young in mine. But tough seat to get tough, very tough mate.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm so great. I'm freezing this morning. I'm good now, that's why I'm rocking a beanie. But I was so cold last night.
Speaker 3: It's it's chilly, the polar the polar freeze, or something's coming through at the moment. We've had a pretty good time in Melbourne, considering the rest of the country has been through a whole lot of flooding. But we're doing okay Melbour It's been pretty good. It's just human instinct, isn't it. Like when it's too hot, we can plain, when it's too cold, we can play. Yes, you think Melbournians would be over commenting on the changes of the weather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we like it still.
Speaker 1: We like it.
Speaker 6: We like beautiful, the flowers, the leaves this time of year.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous, the leaves are gorgeous unless they're on your all property.
Speaker 1: Goddess, Hey, why had you not seen the Terminator? It's actually because I've been thinking all day why not? And I genuinely don't know. But I grew up in Country Victoria, a small town called Portland, and we didn't even have winn that fox foxtowl.
Speaker 6: I think it was oz Star down there is.
Speaker 1: What it was called. So we only had like six seven channels to watch as a kid, and like, Terminator was just never on. It was just never on there, and it was something that just never came across my TV screen, so I never I never watched it for that sake. It definitely wasn't because of violence or anything like that. But I was also born in ninety one, so I'd like to think that anything before that, my parents were like, nap, don't even worry about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I was nine when this current came out.
Speaker 3: I did see Terminator two, which comes out in ninety one, before I saw a Terminator, So it was funny when I eventually went back and watched Terminator, you kind of go, oh, okay, now this actually the way, And I assume you haven't seen T two.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. The reason if you watched T one was because I wanted to watch T two, which I still haven't watched, but wanted to watch the first one first.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's you know, it's funny because I feel like a lot of people, more so than most franchises, a lot of people had I think I'm not alone. I think a lot of people did see Terminator two because that became such a massive event movie. You know, Guns and Roses, you could be mine that the the hottest band in the world.
Speaker 2: And they did the song for the soundtrack. You know, I hear.
Speaker 1: It's a massive step up too in terms of like special effects. Story. It's arguably said to be one of the greatest sequels ever made.
Speaker 3: Well absolutely, and this so terminated the buzz on Terminator six point four million US and actually does a lot of a lot of that business on home video. It wasn't necessarily a breakout in eighty four in cinemas, goes on the gross seventy eight and a half million dollars US, so very handy.
Speaker 6: Chump change for Jimmy Cameron.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll get today in the second actually very good point. Then he makes T two on a budget of one hundred and two million. The opening credits of Terminator two Judgment Day costs more than the budget of the original. Absolutely it goes on to make five hundred and twenty million US. But funnily enough, James Cameron, you think he'd make a lot of money from both these films. He sold the rights for one dollar, for literally one dollar, because he was coming off a movie called Piranha Too, which he hated, and he hated the experience, and he had this nightmare about this skeletal kind of robot crawling through flames, and that inspired this this movie. But he wasn't like he was hot property. He just he wasn't James Cameron yet, wasn't then and he was still James. He wasn't James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he wasn't even j C. James.
Speaker 3: And he was a white for one dollar as long as he could direct it and as long as he couldn't get fired off.
Speaker 1: In the contract. But I do feel like a dollar. It's such a measly like why even a dollar? Why not I go one hundred? What I say? You know, a thousand gives me a thousand dollars. He has a horrible agent agent if they negotiated a dollar.
Speaker 3: With that said, I'm terminated to who does negotiate and he doesn't get paid, so he doesn't get any the back end or royalties.
Speaker 2: But he didn't get paid I.
Speaker 3: Think about six million dollars to direct the sea because he made aliens. Between this and that, he proved himself. He proved himself. He proved himself. But the rights went back to him in twenty nineteen. So and I do believe he is working on He would call it a third Terminator movie because he he doesn't really rate the anything after he was no longer involved, it doesn't exist. So it'd interest to see how that comes about. How did you watch it? Did you watch it by yourself or.
Speaker 6: I watched it by myself.
Speaker 1: I have I've just gotten during lockdown a big seventy five inch TV and the sounds. Didn't watch it on that, watch it on my laptop with my second screen there because I wanted to make notes just instinctively when I watched it.
Speaker 6: But I watched it the second time.
Speaker 1: I watched it one day and then the next day by watching it on the big TV with a proper sound, and actually enjoyed it, really enjoyed it the second time around.
Speaker 3: It's quite a few times on this podcast, Jackson, I've I've watched a movie, I think the ones I haven't seen before, and there's a certain nervousness whether I'm going to enjoy it and I'm going to have enough to talk about, you know, and the pressure of like, Okay, I'm finally watching this classic movie. And there have been some that I've loved straight away, and there have been something I've gone, oh, something it's not and then I'll watch it again to kind of because sometimes I am making notes and maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: Is it the best way to watch a movie?
Speaker 3: I don't know, And I'll watch it the second time more as I kind of like this is focus on the film, and I enjoy.
Speaker 2: It more the second time.
Speaker 3: I think, maybe even knowing being comfortable enough to kind of go, okay, this is a classic for a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can relax. I don't how to be nervous.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be nervous having Brogus's not gonna give me a call and say, did you enjoy multi Felcon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the second time. It's like it's the first time for you, so for me this film. You're watching it now you've seen it, It's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, this was a comfortable experience for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hadn't seen it, so obviously I'm going to be analyzing everything and laughing at all the special effects and laughing at all of the things that are happening in it, because to me, this film is a comedy. There is so much laughter I got out of this film. Yeah, but obviously I'm going to critique. It's like I have a mate who hasn't seen Greece and I know you've done an episode of that on this and he's like, should I watch it? I'm like, no, Like you would hate it now. If you'd watched it as a kid, you'd love it now, But if you watched it now as a thirty year old adult, you would think this is the corniest, silliest thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: It's it's part of the trick I think when we're watching old movies where you have to put yourself back in that time and and some and some people are better doing it than others where and some people just can't do it. But I'm watching it by today's standards, and there's always particularly now you will see things. You're gonna go, well, Gesz, they wouldn't get away with the bags now, And yeah, we do things differently now, you know, for the for better or worse, usually for the better. So, yeah, there's so much to talk about the technology, Arnie, James Cameron, Linda Hamilton. There's a lot to take in. There's a terminator, you know, Penis as well in there somewhere.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm to talk about.
Speaker 1: Just as Arnie's Hog four minutes steady, you have time code Anjelum swing of Arnie. I was like I had to read one. I was like, did I just show Arnie's Hog? They show full hog?
Speaker 2: I did the same thing where it's.
Speaker 1: Like, well, that's that's his thick. I thought it was a stuf. At one point I was like, that can't be his. I'm like, my lord, that man, that is peak. He walked so Hemsworth could run like that. That is peak physical male.
Speaker 3: Right there, he's a specimen that the the I mean the way where his shoulders are to where his waist is.
Speaker 2: It's a perfect triangle.
Speaker 1: Perfect, Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 3: Let's let's talk about your three favorite films. There's some good ones or three three good ones. Let's start with Kill Bill Bill Volume one.
Speaker 2: I did that with the Godfather films as well, so I'm not allowed this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Star Wars, like I listened to the Curry podcast and like, obviously Star Wars is as you say, it's everyone's favorite film, but to me, the franchise is one. You know, the shows, all the movies, prequel sequels, good and bad.
Speaker 6: To me, it's one thing. So you can't.
Speaker 1: I can't say this one film is my favorite or this one is because yeah, as I said, the world buildings great and you got to interview you and recently you're in the Lucky Luckybouse that that would be amazing. And just quietly I reckon, I've knocked it out of the part with Kenobe one hundred percent knocked out of the part. But this is another hour podcast talking about it like Star Wars all day long. But Kill Bill. I know Tarantino can considers it one film as well. I believe it was even written as one massive script and then the studio said you have to you can't make this a four hour film, so he split into two parts. But it's one story and I think it works as one whole story. You know, a lot of sequels are two different stories with the same characters, but this is one.
Speaker 6: But when I.
Speaker 1: Watched that on oz Star as a kid, it came the first one came. I didn't even know there was a part two. I was like, I want to see more of this character. I watched it and it was just such a like uniquely fascinating way to.
Speaker 6: Tell a story.
Speaker 1: All of these directing styles and choices just seem like choices no other directors making. And I was just really intrigued by it. And obviously like the revenge element too and Uma Thurman. It's brilliant acting, but the action sequences, the color, like the style of it all was just my first sort of real love for film started with that.
Speaker 3: Well it's funny because we'll talk about The Terminator soon obviously, but it reminded me watching The Terminator that is how high the body count was in films, Like they really just went that.
Speaker 2: They had no there was no like discussions. It seemed like.
Speaker 1: Are we killing too many people?
Speaker 3: To many people dying on our screens here, Like it's like if you weren't if you weren't on the call sheet, you weren't nobody cared if you lite on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Weird watching it now, seeing the amount of people just get mowed down by Arnie and I feel like we're where there's the body cants has certainly gone down in films, but Kill Bill just celebrated.
Speaker 6: Crazy eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last last half an hour of the film is just body count.
Speaker 6: I remember watching it.
Speaker 1: Mom and dad say every time we watch any war movie, but they always go, well, who's who's cleaning out the TV tomorrow? Because of all the dead bodies that are just lying around, And like kill Bill was no exception that was.
Speaker 3: And of course he pulls a classic quarantine. I think of bringing an actor back from you know, quasi retirement in David Karendine. Yeah, yeah, usually what Daryl, Darryl Hannah.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: This really really good casting choices and yeah, I mean his voice.
Speaker 6: Bill's voice is just so charming.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't even need to see him and you're on board of this as a character. Yeah, he's just so so charming and.
Speaker 2: Uma Thurman he is, you know. I mean we'll be talking about Lindn Hamilton very soon, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just k badass. What an absolute badass woman.
Speaker 3: It's such a smart you know, like it sweet when you get that aesthetic right or even wardrobe you get the wardrobe right. Yeah, it's just so you know, I love thing of those characters who you can just see them. They've got their outfit. This is this is a uniform for this movie. Yeah, it doesn't have to be less. I mean I love Run Lola Run that, you know, the German film and Frankie Penta like this shock of like red Hair and it's just it's just and she's running through Berlin for you know, three times, you know, because it plays over and over.
Speaker 1: It's just what the characters too, that you can just see the outfit, you know it. I think they said about the Simpsons characters they wanted to draw each one you that you could know them by their silhouette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they made it.
Speaker 1: Like but when you see any sort of like fan type movie artwork in any house, you can just have the Bride or Beatrice Kiddo, the character in the yellow jumpsuit without Uma Thurman's facer, and you know exactly who that is, even though it's completely ripped off of was it Bruce Lee's crouching Tiger thing it was or whatever whatever film that he did with the yellow jumpsuit, Right, that's what it's an homage to. So it's like everything's how much Everything's March?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, great choice, great choice, Austin Powers.
Speaker 2: Is this again? Austin Powers? All of them?
Speaker 1: I actually probably would say the sequel spoke who Shagged Me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was a bit older when that one came out, as I said, being a ninety one born baby. I'm not sure when the first one came, I mean ninety seven or something.
Speaker 2: But I was.
Speaker 1: I was a bit older, and I think I got a lot with a lot of the jokes more, but also like fat Bastard was was pivotal. Like every single family birthday speech or anything I ever did, I just did the I just did the fat Bastard fast things, fast, Where's your shit? Every single and it was almost like, oh, Jackson still on speech, He's gonna do the Austin He's going to do the fat Bastard.
Speaker 6: Thing every time. I just loved it.
Speaker 1: I love the characters, and I was a I was I'm still to this day a huge Mike Meyers guy. Like I watched on VHS the best of Mike Meyers on Saturday Night Live when I was very young and I watched that and and I said to him, that's what I want to do forever. Wow, And I still got that copy. It's I just love the characters that he did. I really loved like the over the top and it's just like it's not relevant anymore either, is it. I was saying this to my house mate, like if somebody dropped a year baby, you'd be like, not anymore.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, It's just I'm always a bit sad that that kind of happens, is where something gets so becomes so massive that eventually people turn on it. Yes, I mean, I'm you know, I'm glad I don't live in the world where every day somebody's saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, it's not good anymore. But you know, I would hate that.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that when because listen aso pers wasn't necessarily my thing, but I'm glad that people stick with it, you know, like you hate you know, great where he was. We have Sam Taunton and Cameron James who both had the wedding singer in the in is their favorite, you know, And that's I love that that, you know, I love They've comeing and gone wedding singers in one of my top three films, and they all had probably a thought in their head to kind of go, maybe maybe they put.
Speaker 2: Wedding singer in the top three films and you maybe had the same.
Speaker 1: I had to say that, Yeah, I had.
Speaker 6: Mcgroover.
Speaker 1: It's honestly one of my favorite comedies of all time. Only it's like, I have this interesting thing where people like try and judge you on your choice, like you shouldn't have that. It's like it's personal to you exactly. Mcgrooober. I watched when I was like seventeen or eighteen, and I just I've never laughed so hard, and I just watched it over and over and over again. It's just such a good go to movie. But I've got it here. I'm like, you can't put that in your top three. You just can't.
Speaker 6: Like that is that's not up there.
Speaker 1: And Walk Hard is another great comedy, like the Dewey Cock Story, which is John c Riley and jud App Tower. It's just a it's a it's a mock music biopic, and it just copies all of the traits of a biopic and just takes the absolute piss out of it.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 3: It's so good, it's very funny, and I mean top secrets come up a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched that recently, and I watched sp This Is Spinal Tap recently. This is all in the last last six months, and I was like, oh my god, how have I not seen these comedies.
Speaker 3: Spinal Tap as well, is like just and you know, there's no office with that. No, it's a spinal tap. And the improv on that too, is fascinating.
Speaker 1: He's talking about even just the food and he's like, you know, this sandwich, I don't know how you do it, Like the bread's it's too small. No, no you fold it. No I don't, I don't. I don't understand it. It's just it's just an you hear him laughing. And those are the parts that you love to see, is when you know they're breaking character.
Speaker 6: But they're having fun.
Speaker 3: They're having fun, so much fun, and you if you get a chance, I'm not sure, hey you do outside of the DVDs.
Speaker 2: But commentary on This Is Spinal Tap is as funny as the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's them as in character commenting on the film and how almost everybody has died, like almost anyone who's not in the principal cast, it's been terminated. If you know the prisonal cars, you you are dead now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Their chemistry is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's phenomenal changing pace, Am I right? Thinking? The impossible is the Naomi? What's CORREAMI coct ye want to change your tone?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 1: Funny Jackson fastings and then there was a tsunami and many died. I wonder what fat bastard would think that would be impossible.
Speaker 6: Warning him into that film like a post credits.
Speaker 1: Scene inflatable doughnut in the pool in.
Speaker 2: The middle of the ocean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the fuck happened there? He's great, very stunningly done and very powerful, very powerful. I think the reason it was one of my favorites. I just moved to Melbourne. I was studying acting, and I guess it's that I was maybe nineteen twenty at the time, so I was living that very young artist lifestyle of We had four actors, me and three other women living in a two bedroom apartment. We had put a curtain up in the middle of the lound room when that half is your bedroom. We legitimately put a swag in the cupboard under the stairs, and that was another person's bedroom. It was just one of this like really artsy community where we just watch movies.
Speaker 3: And we watched them those actresses when Nicole Kibben, Naomi and Kate Leanchez all.
Speaker 1: Three and they went off to do good stuff and I'm slowly climbing the ladder to catch them. But I remember watching it and it was just one of those films that made me really feel an emotion. If you've seen it, yeah, I mean it starts with like the first ten minutes is how beautiful and peaceful and tranquil the ocean can be. And then in the space of like ten seconds, it's twenty minutes of the wave hitting you're gripping on the seat, you don't breathe the whole time, and then when it when that sort of calms down, you exhale and you unclench and you just go holy crap. And I think the reason the director did that was because that's how it was. You were the people there were enjoying their day, and then in the span of ten seconds their life changed completely. And I remember looking at my housemate Inmby when the movie finished and she had like mascaa down to her shins. It was she was just so emotional, so was I and I was just going wow.
Speaker 6: I remember calling my parents the next day and like, I love you guys. I just want to let you know, and.
Speaker 2: Let's never go to Tiland.
Speaker 6: Let's never go.
Speaker 1: Let's never know. But it was great and I remember watching it and saying to her at the end of it. And a lot of people say this with hindsight, but I remember saying that young that young boy is going to be an absolute star, that young actor in that film, Tom.
Speaker 2: Holand Tom Hold, yes, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Tom holand this is twenty thirteen. I'm like, he is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: All the acting you acting when he calls back home is just should have got an Oscar at least a nom. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there should be an Oscar for best performance in a scene.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, because they may not.
Speaker 2: You know, you may not.
Speaker 3: You agree, you may not win an Oscar for that entire before even it's very good, obviously, but that's scene. And sometimes you sometimes you remember scenes, Yeah, over a laftime, you maybe remember more scenes than you actually remember complete performances.
Speaker 6: We'll go one, I'll go you one.
Speaker 2: Further.
Speaker 1: We'll go twenty twenty three. The oscar for best show real would be a better way to do it. The best show, real scene, real scene. Yeah yeah, what are you putting on to get your next Give us your best three minutes and we'll give you an oscar. Whoever was three minutes of acting is the best?
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it now. He Naomi wats Is She was great.
Speaker 1: I mean I watched it with Mum two after this visceral experience, hoping she would have the same thing. But that cold hearted bitch had a different reaction. Really, I watched it whether and you know how sad it all is. It's just so emotional. It's about family being separated by the wave and then coming back together and finding each other spoiler it. And then at the end of it, I mean, you see the debris of the whole thing, and I just I'm crying again. I lean across to her, I said, what do you think she goes That's why you get travel insurance. I'm like, Mama, did you missed the whole point of the movie. She's a nurse too. She was appalled at the state of the hospitals the whole time that's not how you put an IV trip in. I was like, mum, it's a movie and they're going through a disaster right now, like they're making do it so.
Speaker 3: That you're absolutely right as far as going the devastation of seeing and they do it so well in that movie where people are living their lives and then it's their lives have changed like that. And I often in my darker, grimmer moments, you know, think about you know those people sometimes the most I guess the most famous one is the Towers and there's those people who were just living their lives at work. Yeah, you know, thinking, oh, nothing's you know, like we always feel like if we're going to be put in danger, we'll have at least enough time to kind of feel like we're in danger, like all of a sudden. Like I do not say this to be funny at all, but they were. There were what are the people in the Towers in the bathroom, you know, just kind of going, you know, on their phones or you know, maybe not phones back then, but but just living their last thing about what they had to do next door, you know, something that might have been going on home, and then they were just yeah maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean I rewatched The Impossible because I was right before COVID hit. I was in Thailand with from my last ever holiday, not hopefully not ever, but my last holiday, and we're on the beach and made my mate at the time goes, what would happen if a tsunami hit? And I was like, man, we got to watch this film when we get home because we got no hope.
Speaker 2: No hope.
Speaker 1: You can't outrun it, and you just got to get to high ground.
Speaker 3: High ground. Follow the animals. The animals, No, they do great stuff.
Speaker 1: At this point. We didn't get more Fat Bastard in The Impossible chat, but I like to see a mash out someone, Someone please put fat Bastard in that.
Speaker 7: Listen and understand that terminator is out there.
Speaker 1: It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop ever until you are dead.
Speaker 5: Can you stop it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but let's talk about it all right.
Speaker 3: Nine to eighty four The arrival of three Icons, in particular Arnold Schwarzenegger and James camer but not to do throw any shade at Linda Hamill and what a performance are from her, and again where she takes Sarah Connor count too.
Speaker 2: You will find out did you like it?
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 6: I genuinely loved it.
Speaker 1: And I feel guilty as someone who works in film TV is not seeing it. I send you all these films I hadn't seen, and I started typing. I'm like, I got to stop. I'm getting ashamed at how many good films I have not seen, and this was one of them. And I haven't seen t too. I don't know where I know the character is so is so hailed, but even the journey she goes on in the first one is fascinating. She goes from just being such a vulnerable character to have and some guts about her in the end, And it was even in the course of that was it was just fascinating. I mean, I'm interested to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, she's a waitress who you know, is stuffing up orders and a kid puts a scoop of ice cream.
Speaker 1: What a little like lets him get away with that?
Speaker 3: His parents, I must have you heard it, But his parents while he's doing that, arguing about who's going to leave the tip?
Speaker 1: Asshole parents. That's generally how just his thought process was, I'm gonna put this ice cream right in her pocket, like what a prick, and no one does anything.
Speaker 6: She just gets walked over.
Speaker 3: I want to see what I would liked to have seen, even as end credit sequence is the terminator to take him out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, ye definitely hunt definitely should have hunted him and just hum, it's funny mentioned and the parents.
Speaker 6: And the parents too. The parents need to go first.
Speaker 1: It's funny you mentioned the credits because what I loved about these opening credits is it was back in those days where they make you watch the opening credits, you know, and now they sort of shoehorn them in over like narrative structure or like there's you know, they'll show visuals. It's like now it's like hiding the veggies under the meat, whereas back then it's like, no, you have to watch this, you have to watch it all. It's just like it's random screen with the text and the score of this music of this movie. It's beautiful. It's so eighties. It's like a kitten running across the synth.
Speaker 6: It's like.
Speaker 3: It really is really eight I mean it's it's I mean, in one way the ages.
Speaker 2: You know quite well.
Speaker 3: I mean you're right to step up from teach to T two, which I've watched not that long ago, and it still holds up really well. There are some things about this, you know, Linda Hamilton's hair for you, just for one. But you know, and even before we get to the know the skeletal terminator.
Speaker 6: The stop motion stop motion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's even even and this always happens in films. You know, the biggest answer machine I've ever seen in my life. Yeah, yeah, it was so massive, it was the size of an old DVD.
Speaker 1: Can we stop using those? Because movies loved answering machines for like Expedition Dialogue.
Speaker 3: I can't I had maybe like one, like we had an answer machine for you know, maybe for like much a lot they almost felt like almost was more digital than.
Speaker 1: Pay to hear your your answering machine. Well, it would have been so funny and playful.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if he's if he still does it, but good mate Stephen Curry puts he used to put a lot of effort into his voicemail message.
Speaker 1: He would absolutely like a lot of effort. He would have been the birth of that stupid one. People do now they go, hello, Hello, Nah, it's just joking. I'm not actually here right now. I Reckon Curry invented that. That's got his dirty fingerprints all over it.
Speaker 3: And Dave thought, and I'm thinking of you, right. He got me recently that one I love listening to, like older you know, like parents leaving their voicemail messages. My mum does one where she says, Hi, you've called Helen. I can't get to the phone right now, but just leave a message after the hash.
Speaker 1: Mom. It's after the beep the hash. It doesn't mean that, it doesn't mean something completely different at that point, it really does. Yeah, so it's eighty four.
Speaker 2: I mean, he arrives. Let's just talk about the arrival. It happens.
Speaker 3: In fact, let's have a listen. He arrives naked, not a thread on him. Let's have a listen.
Speaker 1: Washed it tomorrow, nothing clean, right?
Speaker 2: Nothing clean? Right?
Speaker 1: I think this guy's a couple of cans short of a six pack.
Speaker 5: You're close.
Speaker 2: Give them to me now, fuck you asshole. Nothing like eighties toughs.
Speaker 6: Eighties toughs.
Speaker 1: I've written it out, eighties tofts.
Speaker 6: Get these the hair?
Speaker 1: Is that a young Bill Paxton as well.
Speaker 3: Bill Paxson is so funny because he becomes such a like a character who's so an actor, who's so be loved, and plays often roles that are kind of, you know, the sensible voice in the room.
Speaker 6: And pivotal to the eighties and nineties, I feel.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But in the I think maybe Twister might have been the turning point. You know, when he started playing you know, the reasonable voice in the room kind of rolls, but early on he played some douchebags and weird science. I'm not sure you've seen that. He's the brother and he is just he is just a beast.
Speaker 1: I feel like my first exposure to him would have been Titanic, Jimmy Campen's follow up, and he was great in that, he was really great. And this is so funny because he's got the purple spiky hair out and how quickly does it escalate with eighties tufts, give me your clothes, whips out a knife?
Speaker 3: Yeah seriously though, like, yes, he's not wearing clothes and he's got his wang hair and we'll get.
Speaker 2: Back to that in a second.
Speaker 6: Please, but are you really going to pick a fight?
Speaker 1: Look at him, Look at him and they're not strongest man, They're not the only ones.
Speaker 3: Throughout the film, people are kind of going, hey, Dick, and you know, yeah, they're taking him onm get out of his way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you see him just rip a door off a car and someone's like, hey, you can't do it. I'd be running the other direction. Don't stick around, like, Yeah, he's obviously going to beat you in a fight. I don't care if you've got a knife. He's massive. His hog itself could knock all three of you out mine. I fail, sweet, I was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd forgotten about the I can't believe I'd forgotten about it.
Speaker 1: But eighties tufts, they're just they're bullies for the sake of it. And I always find it funny when they just laugh. You six can short of a pack and they're like nudging each other. You got him, buddy, you got him?
Speaker 6: Fucked you up.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 6: When did you last watch it?
Speaker 2: I watched it last night.
Speaker 1: How relevant is the very first thing Arnie does when he gets to America. He goes to a gun shot Yeah, and he buys several assault weapons, and the guy behind the counter just goes, yeah, heause are all great for self defense.
Speaker 2: I know, it was hard not to think about the eighties.
Speaker 1: This is how ingrained that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wrote down what he asked for.
Speaker 1: He asked for a twelve gage auto loader, forty five longside with laser sighting, a face plasma rifle in a forty what range, which I think is just made up. That doesn't sound like a real gun, and an oozy nine millimeter for self defense. Self defense. Oh, that country's almost up. First thing he does is goes and kills two of the wrong women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he kills he doesn't pay for it. He kills the guy at the counter, that's right, he does, and then he just it's yeah, it's really it did play on my mind for all and then it made me think about this, that body count and this. It just kind of brought home how and growing up in the agies you didn't think about it.
Speaker 2: You think these are.
Speaker 6: Movies, just movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the older you get, you're gonna go, yeah, they're movies. But it's also ingrained in America culture in a way that it's never been in Australia.
Speaker 1: You know how they blame video games for violence and stuff too. You got this film in the ages, and even that's cliply just played. He rips out the guy's heart with his bare hands. It's ingrained in all that violence. Yeah, it's crazy. The first thing I saw when he did that. And then he's naming all these really dangerous assault weapons and the guy's like, yeah, good for self defense. But he even says to him, it's a fifteen day weight on the handguns, but the rifles you can take right now.
Speaker 6: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I was watching it just going, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I never understood with the Americans this high idea. Not all Americans, sorry, those who are you anti kind of gun control, that the whole you can't change the Second Amendment. It's like they don't need more guns, they need a fucking dictionary.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jim Jeffrey summed it up perfect.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's thirty three amendments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking thirty three. The best thing I think Jim Jeffrey said in that is like we have in that comedy bit that I'm sure everyone's seen, is that we have we have one in Australia. We don't know what it says, but we'll check it if like if we need We don't know what our Constitution, says, I wondn't have any clue.
Speaker 3: I had a conversation with color of American friends Greg Brandt and Ryan Hamilton we're doing a show together at the Opera House years ago, and they asked me that same question. They said, you know, what's your constitution? You know what does it stand for? And I said, I don't know. I said, do you have a constitution? I said yeah. I said it's probably written on the back of a bee coast or something. We don't really know. And I the thing that even even Americans who are like want gun reform and you know, kind of anti guns, and that's a spectrum of you like, what does that mean exactly? I really hear Americans say this constitution that we are beholden to is not is not serving us. Well, No, this bit of paper written by old white men over two hundred years ago, a lot of it's irrelevant now, Like these are these are time They wrote this when it took three minutes to reload a musket. Yeah yeah, yeah, like not semi automatic weapons were not part of the discussion around that table when they wrote this.
Speaker 6: You could argue the same for the Bible.
Speaker 1: But we're starting to get into a into an area that I have no knowledge on.
Speaker 3: No, but certainly I think when you watch Terminator and we're watching this about ten days after.
Speaker 1: I know, but the same as Obi Wan. You know, there's a scene in that which they Disney have released a statement saying give and recent events, just be wary of this scene in the first episode. So it's you know, there's things that are around their control. But what I what I actually found super fascinating about this movie because I like to watch it and then I go back and watch the second time and I read the IMDb trivia. Did you know who they actually originally wanted you? They wanted to play the Terminato j Simpson, but they thought that he was too nice to play a murderer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so so good.
Speaker 1: As part of you think that what he ended up allegedly doing was just to get back at the studio show you that cast me he lost his naked gun contractor. I could not imagine this movie with oj in that role.
Speaker 3: It's it's I mean, it's one of the fun things to look back on him go because you yeah, who else, Like I know, if that Kyle Reese Sting was also.
Speaker 1: Which you know, that would have been good. He can kind of see how that would work.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it is hard to think of anyone else than Arnold Schwarzenegger playing this role and it becomes it's such an iconic performance. Do you think Schwarzenegger's performance is genius or do you just think it's kind of who he is and they got they just got him to say the line enough times that they got it.
Speaker 2: Eventually they got.
Speaker 1: One currently, I'll be back was meant to be i will come back, I think was originally the scripted line. And what I think is it's genius. He has to be He's the only one who can do it. And I don't believe it's creative acting choices. I think his performance was so bad that it was good. He's playing a robot. He can't he can't show emotion. He has to be so genius, but genius. James Cameron's James Cameron genius. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I tend to agree with that. Oh, j would milkott, he'd really try and sell it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, put some sass in there.
Speaker 3: But Arnie, like, I'm not removing all props to him, you know, like he got.
Speaker 1: Better over the years, he became a fun actor to works.
Speaker 3: And they became because he only does He's only done Cone in the Barbarian before this.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then and which was a you know, a hit to.
Speaker 3: A degree I think I think I'm running probably saying it's like a cult hit. And then he then he does this, and it sets up like people. I think people then looked at this and thought, oh, I know how to write for.
Speaker 1: This guy, you know, to give him.
Speaker 3: Or lines that become iconic, like I'll be back. It's funny because I'll be back is not the line itself is nothing special, but it's it's it's what happens next, Yeah, And then it's a delivery, and then what happens next?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He comes back in a fucking car and drives through the police station.
Speaker 1: This is what I mean by saying it's a comedy. So I'd obviously heard that line a billion times without context, and I always thought it was a threat.
Speaker 6: I'll be back.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a threat, but when I I watched it, it's comedic relief. He says it. He says you can't come in, He sizes up the structure of the building and then says I'll be back, And were as the audience know he's coming back to do some damage. It's a joke, it's not said as a threat, and it just changed everything. I'm like, oh, one of the most famous movie lines. I had the wrong interpretation of it. But you're right, it's his delivery. It's his delivery.
Speaker 3: And there's also another line which is great, which actually not his line. It's Kyle Reese's line when he says, come with me if you want to live. Arnie delivers that funnily enough in the next one.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because I've heard everyone say it in the Arnie voice, and I can't do it. I can't do the Arnie.
Speaker 6: You can't do that as a character actor.
Speaker 1: I can do impressions and stuff I love doing, like Hilltop Woods is great. You know, I wonder the room with the day when like I do like David Kosh, I love doing really funny ones. Right, cannot do Arnie. It's just like I'll be but I can't do it. It's because it's like it's an open layup, it's a Mulligan golf shot. It's too easy. But I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I'm not an impression guy at all, so I never quite commit to doing it. Robe does a very good Arnie that's always made me, made me love to give you Koshi just while we're here.
Speaker 1: I just I just watched the clip during lockdown, and I just felt like the thing Koshi does is he half commits to a controversial opinion, like, ah, Matt, I'm not sure women should breastfeed in public? Should they? I might be getting the wrong idea. It's always half commits. I did love. Actually, fans of eighties movies will did you did you clock Arnie when he one of the first cars he takes is that the Griswold's Old Family Trust didn't know that, but I know that that car pops up in many films.
Speaker 3: It's only because it's it's one, because it's it's such an iconic car. In that movie, it's the car that Eugene Levy sells Chevy Chase when you're supposed to get another car. But it hadn't come in very funny scene in that in the National Olympion's Vacation, Eugene Levy, now.
Speaker 1: Remember Holiday Road, like like a movie had a song that was so specific to it. We don't have that much anymore. Like slid On's My heart will go. There's a song that starts playing, and you know the movie straight away don't really do that much anymore.
Speaker 2: No, you're right. Actually it's an interesting point.
Speaker 3: And so the car is such a pivotal so and also that car just didn't never existed in Australia. So the family truckster, I actually thought for a while they made up that car for family vacation. Yeah, vacation. But to see Arnie driver, I thought was made me laugh. I did mention Bill Paxton, yea before what was his career like at this point, Well, he was still he was still pretty fresh. But he goes on makes Command. He's in Commander, He's in Predator too, is in True Lies?
Speaker 1: Is he the famous line Game over Man Game Over?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So it goes on to really watching.
Speaker 2: Titanic. I mentioned earlier with James Cameron, So I.
Speaker 3: Imagine when I see that, I think, and all reports and he said he died a couple of years ago, but I I assume and I only heard that he was a lovely guy. Yeah, And I mean you see people kind of somewhat James Cameron going, well, you know, we'll get Paxston in and let's let's let's find a rob with Paxton.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's some actors you just know like you'd love to work with.
Speaker 1: You just know they're going to be lovable people, yourself included.
Speaker 3: Come on, I was looking down at my note and I so if that seemed like I was genuinely taking that complement in, I wasn't. I was looking down at my We did have a fun time on How to Stay Married.
Speaker 1: You know, I drank your sperm, you checked my sperm. You wrote that, and then and then we're paid to make that. Yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: You you committed way too much. I mean, I mean, I wasn't prepared for I knew I'd made it. Give you exactly what I needed to give you. For you to know I had made it, I went.
Speaker 1: I had a zoom call with my family that night, and I approached it like Obama killing you know, I've been loadin. I approached it with mom, dad, Andrew Bradley, extended family members.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 6: We finally made it. We finally made it.
Speaker 1: That was a fun day though, That was a really fun.
Speaker 3: Fun That was one of the early days I think of shooting. Yeah, the first series of How to Stay Married? It was really fun. With yourself and Phil Lloyd and Daryl gilsenan the what do you think of Kyle Reese.
Speaker 1: So here's what's fussing. I hadn't seen obviously either of the films, but you know with these classic films, you've sort of seen clips here and there.
Speaker 6: You know who's who.
Speaker 1: I know, very famously the bad guy in the second one, you know, looking at him the police out for an He shows up in Wayne's world too, as like a little cameo, which was hilarious. I didn't even know that there was this character was in this Kyle Reese. I didn't even know, never seen him before, didn't even know that there was a male love interest. Didn't understand the importance of this guy in the Terminator franchise. So I was. I was pleasantly surprised. He's such an eighties action hero. When they have the flash forward to like when the machines are taken over, and you know, like in the eighties, they just give people like a bit of bandanna for no reason to wrap around their head, like what is that he doesn't have long hair? Like what is that doing? It's just to make him look cool. He's just such a he was cool.
Speaker 6: He was cool.
Speaker 1: There was a little creepy when you really think about like his mentor his best friend, John Connors. Is he spoilers obviously he's his son, but also like the whole time he's got a crush on that guy's mum.
Speaker 3: It's based off a photo. Okay, let's drill down on this because we've got to talk about this. It's so interesting. So Carl Reese is in the future with John Connor. John Connor gives him a photograph of his mum, which is weird in itself. Yeah, and he basically loves that photo. Let's face he jokes.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, I've got a I'm gonna be back in a little bit car. You in there, don't em in, don't don't come in, don't get in.
Speaker 6: I'm just uploading my gun.
Speaker 3: So then volunteers to go back to protect her so that we didn't cover this kind of territory in the Frankie Fish books that I which is traveling time traveling sagas.
Speaker 1: There's some logic to it that doesn't add up. So he goes back.
Speaker 2: Did he go back knowing that he was going to? Like?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Because there's a version of this movie, which is like a rom com you know, where he's going back and you know.
Speaker 1: And there's a version of this history where where Sarah swallows John and doesn't actually have him.
Speaker 8: In the end.
Speaker 1: There's so many alternatives to this movie. Because I actually reckon, I don't think he went back to save the world.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 1: He's like, I get to go back and meet your mum and her Brian. I'm going I'm on board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Does she still look is definitely look this hot?
Speaker 6: Yeah, term, I'll take care of that. I'll take her of that. But where is she?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And her elopes? Likes the elopes?
Speaker 1: Okay, because even at the end, she's she's making her voice recordings to John and I didn't even realize. He says, like within hours they only knew each other for hours. He got to work quick, they got to work.
Speaker 2: Really wait, it was ninety four. You know.
Speaker 4: You'll find its way probably will never be overwhelming. Look at me, I'm shake some legend. You must be pretty disappointed.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, Kyle.
Speaker 4: The women in your time, what are they like?
Speaker 5: Good fighters? That's not what I meant is there's someone special, someone.
Speaker 1: A girl you know, No, never.
Speaker 5: Never, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: So much pain.
Speaker 4: Pain can be controlled.
Speaker 1: You're just disconnected, so you feel nothing.
Speaker 7: John Connor gave me a picture of you once. I didn't know why at the time, very old torn faded here, we're young like you are now. It seemed just a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that moment. I rememorized every line, every curve I came across the time for you, Sarah. I love you, I always have.
Speaker 2: Can I try?
Speaker 6: Can I go a nightclub? Be like, come with me if you want to live? And I just tell you this whole spiel of like, yeah, I need you.
Speaker 1: You know you have a son and you need to you need to do It's just there's a bit there's a bit of creepiness to it as well, like he knew what he was coming back to do.
Speaker 6: He even says, I was I'm in love with you based off So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So either he's going back knowing that he's going to be the father of John Connor, oh, that he's getting in first, which means that John Connor will be a different John Connor. Yeah, and like you said, kind of could have been swallowed John Connor could have ended up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, during Lockdown, I had a sock that was nearly in its third trimester, but he was. It was a complete it's a completely different movie. But also there's a sense of responsibility. Like they obviously dance around the time travel logic. Obviously, but surely if you're going back to the past knowing this woman is going to give birth to the future of van kind, you wouldn't You wouldn't toy with no with that, like you wouldn't get in the way.
Speaker 2: He's strict.
Speaker 1: That's the butterfly effect, right, you know, don't go back and don't don't don't don't see your past self although he wasn't existing, but just it's interesting what his logic was. Yeah, you think you have.
Speaker 2: A very strict set of guidelines. This is what I have to do.
Speaker 1: This is the mission to save humankind. But no, because he's.
Speaker 6: I think he's a creep.
Speaker 1: I'm coming into it, and when I watch it again, I think he's a bit of a creep because even when I think the police are looking after chasing after them, there's once and he just gets ahead and goes get down and just puts it onto his lap. I'm just like, what he could have just said get down, and he's like, oh, you could get down. The cops are looking, and just smashes her head into his lap.
Speaker 3: That that's that's when, that's when Fiona kind of gets swallowed.
Speaker 6: Look and layer situation changes everything.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It is strange, but she does.
Speaker 3: She does bring it to him a little bit, like she she comes on to him a little bit. I mean, she definitely does the line in the hotel room of like what a girl's.
Speaker 1: Like in the future, so and an interesting sex scene the way they shot it. I mean what I earlier on when her housemate gets killed. I mean, you watch any movie from the seventies in the eighties, if there's a young couple having sex, you're like, they're gonna die? Like is that because I wasn't around them?
Speaker 2: But is that?
Speaker 1: Is that to like counteract the free love of the sixties and seventies where everyone was having sex, and the eighties are like, we're gonna make movies to teach kids that if you have sex before you're married, you will die.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 6: The eighties really horny too.
Speaker 2: They were very horny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they are so because those are you.
Speaker 3: Kind of slash of films, but there's a lot of also comedies like Your Revenge, Revenge of the Nerds, where.
Speaker 6: These age great.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't age great, and the repercussions for such behavior almost non existent. No, So so it's all balanced out, I think.
Speaker 1: But even it's just shot with like it goes for twenty five seconds, so you know, above average for most of us, and it's just this wide shot and a few close ups and it just it's an odd scene how they shot it, interestingly, got a hand grabbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's you know, Linda Hamilton breasts exposed, the whole thing where women get exposed more than the men do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Actually, a fair boy give me on his hog. I do think in James Cameron's thinking that if this is the birth of John Connor, you do need to kind of make something.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure he does a great job of it, Yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Think the intention of showing it is a reasonable intention. I'm not sure if he nails it with the slow motion hand grasp that was.
Speaker 1: Just to show that they're passionate, but that doesn't tell me anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think John has arrived.
Speaker 1: You did the same watching the Colin Will Carlton game. You would grab it to the cast to say like it could show passionate, could show like anything.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I was holding Stephen Carry's hands very tight in that last quarter.
Speaker 1: But it's also interesting how they shoot sex scenes, I mean nowadays, and this is the greatest job that I think has been added to our industry as the intimacy coordinator who and mikaylab Bannis is one I've worked with many times and it's a great job where they come in and they essentially take assumption off the table. They don't assume that you're going to have your tits out. There would be a conversation beforehand. Are you comfortable with this? So, I mean, the eighties and nineties had a lot national lampoons that they're just breasts in every comedy film back then, because.
Speaker 6: That's what was was that just the audience.
Speaker 3: Porky's Porky sapped and every Revenge of the Nerds is kind of popularized, and they were popular and people yeah, boys, yeah, And that's what those kind of movies went away, and they kind of brought back a little bit with the hangover movies kind of yeah, like kind of gross out kind of sex comedies.
Speaker 1: You know, you can be empowering at.
Speaker 6: The same time, but a lot of the times it just seems like it was there to Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the more recent ones have balanced it up a bit as opposed to yeah, it was all just Oh, Scott Bayer can make a heavy lotlirs blouse pop over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. There is some.
Speaker 3: Eighties kind of coincidence. I'm mu sure it's lazy writing. Maybe it is. But when she when she does call, well, when Arnie takes out the boyfriend, yeah, Rick Rossovic, you know, goes on. He's in top guy and he's very familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Acting it was good.
Speaker 3: He was a good bit of relief in this and apparently one of the loveliest guys around that time he gets taken out.
Speaker 2: The woman who loves her walkman headphones doesn't.
Speaker 1: Take it off, not even during sex. How insulting?
Speaker 2: How what are you listening to? Billy Idol?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's I mean I think it is.
Speaker 3: There's a story plant there like this. She loves him, so she's not going to hear the terminator coming. I mean, I got to say headphones weren't a noise camp been thrown through a door, you're hearing a terminator come through and glass being smashed.
Speaker 2: Certainly hearing's a.
Speaker 1: Big fan of the mid night snack after coitus A lot of I've never done that. It's never been like, we're not time to go carbo load for a big night's rest. Like, what's the point she goes and makes a sandwich. It's literally just what do we do? We need to get her out of the bedroom, have it, go make a sandwich.
Speaker 3: And then Sarah kind of calls from the nightclub and basically gives the address and phone number.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's bad, right, what if you do don't give this to the serial killer? Now I'm at three three five. Yeah, you need to contact me here. I have a bung right knee, so please make sure no one chases me. Gives all the time, she does it twice. Well.
Speaker 3: One of the interesting facts I saw was the when they kind of reverse engineered something. When they knew the skeleton termot couldn't walk, you's got to creep. So basically they put a story pointing when Arnie your the terminators in the truck that explodes, it comes out with a limp.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was to kind of explain why the skeletal.
Speaker 1: If your worst injury after a petrol truck explodes with you in it is a limp. You're doing fine.
Speaker 2: You reckon if you can you know, survive these bullets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a leg though. Yeah, but even that was that was an interesting chase sequence because they're walking and he's walking backwards and they're like within a meter of each other, and like there's no intensity and this right now like run run, you know he can't run. Run. It's funny.
Speaker 3: I feel like the first half of this film is like a lot of bloodshed, body cam high, it's like Rambo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a cat and Mouse film.
Speaker 3: And then the second half feels my jaws in a way like it is a like a you know, it's the Predator, Predator movie. It's it's trying to run from this, you know, this force that you just can't see a way they're going to actually win the day.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what threw me because, as I said, I've seen clips of T two and maybe even some of the more modern day Terminators, and I've seen the machines moving in that, and then I was just so caught off guard when I saw the stop motion for this one I was.
Speaker 6: It was it's laughably bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even when he loses his eye and they've just got like a shot of Arnie and then they go to a shot of his eye and it's an animatronic head with like Arnie's face put on it and it's so fake.
Speaker 6: Put him sunglasses on and then it's Arnie again. The sunglasses are badass, by the way.
Speaker 3: And they should have had him in the sunglasses the whole film earlier and in largely memory. In T two, he's got him on a lot. Right, I'm pretty sure maybe he writes he's a good guy from now on, right, Yeah, it was so Yeah. In T two he's there to protect. So it's funny when you see Sarah Conna see.
Speaker 6: I'm watching it today. I've got I went and bought it on Blu ray and go watch it today.
Speaker 2: T Too.
Speaker 3: Oh fantastic because when he arrives and Sarah seas if you can imagine, oh she freak out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so it's it's great.
Speaker 3: But the original idea was that there were two terminators that were going to come back, and there was one was protecting and one was which is basically T Too. Yeah, but they the budget to do two to terminate it, so they arrived at the plot for terminated with just a one terminator. But the animatronic, it's so I think I think that's why he loses his eyebrows.
Speaker 1: Right, So when does that happen?
Speaker 3: Well, the first time he basically goes through fire is that with the the You might be right.
Speaker 1: Because I only noticed it when he's driving in the cop car looking for them, and it's he just has the same left right head motion like when of those clowns at a fair with the mouth open and he's just doing this.
Speaker 6: I'm like, why is this?
Speaker 1: Where's his eyebrows? And you could tell that they've just covered them though they haven't shaved this. You can see them this makeup special effects covering them And I was like, why is he When did he lose that?
Speaker 3: But it must have been at the pipe bombs, you know quite a bit, and I reckon they've they've made it so he loses his eyebrows. I'm going to did the animatronic because hair would be harder.
Speaker 6: Good, very good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have way too many close ups of that animal tronic, Like we understand the eye, but it's so obviously not Arnie. So one shot of it, that's all you needed. But they keep coming back to it. I really, I really would have thought good on them for doing it though. That would have been amazing back then. Well, but there's a shot absolutely, I completely agree.
Speaker 3: There's a shot when he gets in the car where he's got more of his face and he's got part of the Scalton robot under his cheek visible, and it's it looks like Arnie, it looks like it's him, Like there's no animatronics, Yeah, yeah, yeah, so what how could they use it? That's then I didn't Noticetand and then when he's in the mirror, heck, like why go to the animatronics?
Speaker 2: Like mirror scene? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Was it that one where he just shows up in a random warehouse and there just happens to be surgical tools there that he uses to fix his arm and his eye and stuff. I've got to rewatch that bit, but it just feels like that's very convenient that there's a scalpel there and that like some mechanic shed.
Speaker 2: I can also that happened a lot in the eighties. Yeah films, Yeah, convenience.
Speaker 3: But the yeah, when he when he put his sungloss and also it's just his hair as well as.
Speaker 6: It's so vain even robots.
Speaker 1: Maybe he came.
Speaker 6: Back to swow Sarah as well. You never know, you want to look good for it.
Speaker 3: I didn't got to wonder why he does, believe, but they do kind of explain that they do take on they do almost farm skin and flesh.
Speaker 1: They say the machine is underneath living organism. That's why he could travel back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which which which And it's a really good move because you kind of want to see a bit of blood in these movies.
Speaker 2: You want to see it too wounded.
Speaker 6: You really do.
Speaker 1: And like special effects and everything aside, I mean the budgets. Obviously, you're not going to give a young Jimmy Cameron one hundred million dollars, you got it.
Speaker 6: He's got to earn it.
Speaker 1: And it's it's very interesting the importance of this movie, because without this movie, what other movies don't we get, Like what James Cameron's career doesn't go to T two, doesn't go to Titanic or Avatar? You know, you know, And that's the other thing we're talking about. He said he sold the thing for a dollar. I read I saw an interview with I think it was ban athletic. No, sorry, Matt Damon was offered ten percent of Avatar to play the lead role and he turned it down. Oh, it's like one hundred million dollars, the highest grossing film of all time. He could have had ten percent of and he turned it down, And then Sam Worthington got it.
Speaker 6: You just sit there.
Speaker 1: I mean he doesn't need the money. It's fine, but.
Speaker 2: No, I know, still a lot of money.
Speaker 1: That's Yeah, and even George Lucas with keeping the rights to the merchandise for Star Wars. I'm really interested in these old business decisions that worked out for the better. Yeah, but the ones that didn't work out are also hilarious too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was one recently that somebody missed out on a shit you hear it a lot.
Speaker 1: With bitcoin, there's so many people like, oh, I had this bitcoin back then, but I sold it and it's now worth a trillion dollars And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was me.
Speaker 1: Let's have it.
Speaker 2: Let's go back.
Speaker 3: Let's there's a point obviously where he expled Wanes who John Connor is and his history or the future with John Connor.
Speaker 2: Let's have it all.
Speaker 8: Listen to that, but there was one man the title us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps and to smash those meddle the fuckers in a junk.
Speaker 5: He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor, John Connor, your son, Sir John Boorn's son.
Speaker 6: He's so dramatic.
Speaker 1: Everything through his teeth.
Speaker 2: He really does.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of I mean he I think he does everything he's supposed to do.
Speaker 2: But it's very nonnaty for.
Speaker 6: Did that actor go on to too much?
Speaker 1: He actually was.
Speaker 3: He is really great in Tombstone. Yeah, okay, it's a great movie. Val Kilmer, that's right.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's uh, he's actually quite good.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 3: I'm this actually bringing up he's sing now. He's actually in the Mandalorian funnily enough, Oh my god, he is too You played lang.
Speaker 1: He is too well, he's still going. He's still going. Can we talk about how Val Kim we're in top secret? Just for ten seconds? Yeah, that was probably one of the most attractive men I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: This has come up before.
Speaker 1: He is unbelievable and in the comedic timing he was just like you could see like his agent at that time, was like, this guy is going to be a star, Yeah, because he is everything that we need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the fact that his first movie was Top Secret, the fact that he did a comedy.
Speaker 2: Okay, he can do comedy. Yeah, he looks like that. Yeah, you know, we.
Speaker 3: Know he can do drama, you know, the top gun and he's just walking profit at that point.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Maverick?
Speaker 6: Yeah, other new one. No, I haven't, no, no, no good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's pretty bloody good.
Speaker 6: Cis just like, give the guy credit.
Speaker 1: Really, so many people rip on him, but like he is very talented at everything he does.
Speaker 2: I am pro cruise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had a chance of interviewing recently, and I've been on the record. I've written an article or an article for a filmic magazine many years ago, the saying exactly that he is the film star of our generation. Yeah. He's always really great. Yeah, talking about oscars should be a category for stunt. Yeah, because he does stuff like he's flying that jet fighter, he's hanging off the side of a building. You're like, no, I'm not coming out of my trailer until I need to be on set.
Speaker 1: You know. It's a difference in acting.
Speaker 3: He is just so committed and and good on him, completely committed. I thought it was a great use of like a great tool is the point of view from the terminator going to that red one of just from a from when you're in the edit room. They have the access to that where you can just kind of go, you know, and it's kind of it's a bit like it's a bit scary, you know, it's a bit kind of.
Speaker 6: Like a first person shooter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely so I thought that.
Speaker 1: Was And like, you don't it doesn't explain what's happening, but there's just it's just he's just crunching numbers. There's just like just going across the screen and they're like, just go with it. It's just a computer crunching numbers. Don't don't overthink.
Speaker 3: And they use that a lot more in T two and I assume the movie is going forward.
Speaker 1: It shows you how cold and robotic he is as a character too, from his point of view.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: The in all these movies, of course you've got to kill the villain at least three times and any times, but did you you know what one thing I was because the first time is.
Speaker 2: They the big the big explosion. He's running.
Speaker 3: He's been run over by mac By now but he survived that. But the big explosion, he dies and he basically melts. The human flesh melts off him.
Speaker 2: And I mean, did you did you think it was over? Then?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't because because we hadn't seen the robotic version of the character. I knew that we were going to get that at one point, because as it's such an iconic I didn't think it was just showing up on the second. I knew that there was going to be you had to see the skeleton at some point, but I didn't think there was.
Speaker 6: Going to be a third.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing, one thing that I thought I would have liked to have seen. And who am I to tell James Cameron to how to make a movie, But.
Speaker 1: I would have behind him with, hey, do you not got a note?
Speaker 2: Do you mind that?
Speaker 3: Well, my friend Brennan cow just made Avatar the Sequels with mister Cameron, so maybe I'll get this note to him and tell me if I'm wrong. But I would have loved for Arnie's voice to be still part of that skeleton, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because he's he's still the voice, but the fleshes.
Speaker 3: Come off, but the voyce should still be there. Yeah, and I think that ad even if it was like kind of slight lot almost like you're slightly melted him something in posts scari, I think they would have added even and kept Arnie as part of.
Speaker 1: It, so synonymous that he is this character and it's not a robot, it's Arnie is Yeah, you're so right, Like I would have loved to have seen that too, And yeah, you'd think that the voice box isn't the flesh and tissue like causing that it's got it's it's all digital, it's all into digital, it's all there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If it's like if they just for fun they made it Gilbert Godfrey's voice or something instead, you know, instead of Arnie get back. Yeah, I don't do a Gilbert Godfrey. Oh imagine it was fat fast. I'm gonna eat your baby, Sarah Connor, Sarah Connor, where's your shit up? See?
Speaker 6: I got a turtle hand funking out?
Speaker 1: I love that. And yes, it was just it was just so interesting to see the third Like you go to a point, it's most movies these days too. Unless you see the character die, they're not dead, you know, an explosion or something. You have to see them die though, because it's so easy to bring characters back, and thank god they did, and I'm interested to see how they do it in T two, but no, the third one on my all right, we've had enough, let's just kill it. And the way it does they do kill him by just pressure crushing him is that's interesting and that's hard to come back from. And we know, you know that Sarah Connor does need to kill it. It can't be Kyle Reese can't kill the Terminatory. It needs to be Sarah Conon.
Speaker 6: She has to be the hero.
Speaker 3: And I think it's really nicely done. Like you know, it's literally got the robotic Hannock over a throat.
Speaker 1: And the eye slowly goes out. That's how you know he's dead. The red Eye slowly, slowly diffuses.
Speaker 2: Here's some about fun facts.
Speaker 3: The movie was delayed nine months because at the last minute the makers of Cone and the Barbarian had an option on Arnie to use him in a sequel, and they quickly I think I think they saw that Arnie was becoming a massive star and real he whipped together Cone and the Destroyer, so he gave James Cameron and the extra nine Muster twist script, and.
Speaker 1: He had all the time in the world to figure out that time travel loopholes was.
Speaker 3: I mean, him and George Lucas kind of exist in the same kind of world where they're absolute visionaries, geniuses, and so maybe dialogue is not the absolute thing. Not that that's fine, not that it doesn't really bother you that much in Star Wars at all.
Speaker 2: It's probably maybe the prequels.
Speaker 1: The prequels bothered people were the really Shakespearean type dialogue.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what are you going to do?
Speaker 3: But then he also wrote because he was still like, you know, he wasn't James Cameron yet, as we mentioned earlier, So he wrote I had no idea.
Speaker 2: He wrote Rambo.
Speaker 1: Too, did he really? Yeah? Yeah, huh.
Speaker 3: So he writes that, and then he also pictures an idea for the sequel for Aliens, so I forgot that he wasn't involved in the original Alien He took over and and the Aliens, so that was his.
Speaker 6: We utilized that nine months. Yeah, yeah, I get.
Speaker 2: The impression he works.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 3: And just just a quick shout out to nineteen eighty four as a movie year and for the you know, for a lot of the movies that I think, certainly people of my generation love has this for a bunch of movies released in the same year Jackson Toza, Beverly Hills, Cop, Ghostbusters, You're Joking, Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom Way, Karate Kid, Gremlin's Police Academy, Romancing the Stone, much underrated film, Yeah, and Footloots, You're Joking all in the one in the one year and Whack Terminator on that year as well.
Speaker 1: What a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's crazy. And I was nine when Yeah, in eighty four.
Speaker 1: Some of those films define that whole generation.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I remember like going through the movies being so excited. I mean, these action comedies were were so bloody great. And I had the pleasure of chatting to Sandra bullickin Daniel Radcliffe for their movie The Lost City of z which was it's okay, It's okay, but it was certainly going for that, and we spoke about going for that. Those films like Romance in the Stone and where it was action comedies, you know, and with the action has done really well.
Speaker 1: Comedy is such an ultimate action comedy though.
Speaker 2: It's one of the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was one of the ones I mentioned my favorite. The third was it really yeah, So when I watched first, that's why it's so funny, because in my mind it's like they get worse.
Speaker 1: But it's the nostalgia, it's exactly. It's the grease thing, right. I watched it as a kid, so I love it as an adult. It's our Star Wars. We judge fandom menace.
Speaker 3: Someone of my age will judge fandom menace differently what you might judge it.
Speaker 1: I watched the three original trilogy on VHS, and Return of the Jedo is my favorite. Because I was quite young, I didn't understand all the other themes that were happening. I love the Green Lights ever. I think that's what made me. But I was at a I was at a teenage what would have been two thousand ish somewhere when it came out, So I was I was old enough to then appreciate the prequels a lot more, and I loved them growing up, and I don't understand the backlash they get now, but it's the same as how we would probably shot on this on the sequel trilogy. Now, I'm sure this generation now love those because they're personal to them.
Speaker 3: I mean personally, I love I love this well, I love the Force Awakens. I I thought the last Jedi. I was surprised there wasn't enough maybe discussion between JJ Abrams and Ryan Johnson, and then I admired that I really liked the writer Skywalker actually, and I love all the spinoffs. I just love being in the Star Wars world.
Speaker 1: It's the thing, like the people the people who hate Star Wars the most are Star Wars fans, and it's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: But what is better than no.
Speaker 1: Star Wars getting Star Wars Jays Book of Bobafitt doesn't leave up to Mandalorian. It's still we're getting more content in this world. Isn't that better than nothing? I completely Disney have ruined. It's like, no, we've got there's gonna be nothing there. We now have an infinite amount of content that's going to still come.
Speaker 3: Exactly when when they announce this they can lay out of the plan for the films. I was like, oh my god, we're gonna get like a Star Wars film every year for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it hasn't quite worked out.
Speaker 1: Like that, but but but if you add the TV series Force Awaken comes out and everyone goes, it's too similar to the new Hope, do something original, and then last Jedo goes, all right, we'll do something originally. Go that's too original. It doesn't make any sense. Find a perfect balance.
Speaker 6: They're just they're not going to be happy. You can't satisfy everyone.
Speaker 3: Hey, mate, would you come back next season and discuss Terminator to judgment data?
Speaker 1: There is nothing I would rather do. Well, we will start making notes this afternoon.
Speaker 3: We will do that, and I look for like, if you enjoy Terminator, it's impossible that you want to enjoy Terminator to I can't wait.
Speaker 6: I really can't wait.
Speaker 3: Mate, Thank you so much. You have a short film called Hatchback. Yeah, that's wow. Them at the same killed at Short Film Festival, did.
Speaker 1: Very well, very very overwhelmed with the response with the film has gotten with the great mate Steve Curry.
Speaker 2: Was he a kay on set? Was he in the mood?
Speaker 1: He was a bit of a diver at first, but we broke him down. No, he's you know him, He's an appolute He just makes everybody feel like you're you've been best mates for thirty years and it's just I thought you are I was best mate.
Speaker 6: No, No, he made me feel like I was.
Speaker 1: He's very good, but he was just playing time. It's just a silly's fun it's and it's a great it's a great fun time.
Speaker 3: That short film excellent mate. Well you you've been a delightful. We worked on something called Welfare where I met you, mate. Steve Bestoni was putting together and you were very funny. You're one of those people who were on that set. I thought a bit like when I saw Lit McGregor on Channel thirty one. I thought that guy is fucking funny, and I had a very similar kind of reaction to you on that And appreciate I have enjoyed watching your career take off and the constant roles that are challenging you.
Speaker 2: And you're great to watch, mate.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Great to hang out with.
Speaker 3: That is Pete right, Yeah, yeah, thank project and host of this podcast and some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cast you and how to Say Married.
Speaker 1: You're on the Cold Show on the coll Remember that number one. It doesn't matter, it's just a number.
Speaker 2: Next calls, it's the first one.
Speaker 3: Listen that was number one. Anyway, it doesn't matter that numbers nobody even knows what they mean. Mate, Thank you so much. This podcast comes with homework and we'll see you next season to look at Judgment Day Terminator.
Speaker 2: To appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thanks having me on.
Speaker 3: That was Jackson Tozer and the Terminator. Great fun. Jackson is delightful to hang out with. Really enjoyed catching up with him and talking about Arnie and what a landmark film Arnie, Linda Hamilton, James Cameron.
Speaker 2: And this bawned.
Speaker 3: You know so many films, obviously T two, Judgment Day and the later films they made.
Speaker 1: Not everybody's cup of tea, but some people love them.
Speaker 3: Also, TV series, books, comics, unbelievable. Derek Meyers, Cassaway Studios, the man who helps you put this together.
Speaker 2: You would have seen Terminator.
Speaker 1: Derek absolutely all over it. Do you love it? Yeah? Yeah, I must.
Speaker 3: I think I mentioned it in the podcast. I did see T two before I saw Terminator. Did you see the term in the right order?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 3: This was my my HC so still a schoolboy, but still free to go to the movies whenever with the crew.
Speaker 2: You were target audience absolutely right.
Speaker 3: In Narnie's Gun you were Hey, we're loving some of the feedback we're getting Yasney Podcasts at gmail dot coms you we can send us an email, but what we'd love you to do is actually jump on our speak pipe. If you follow the links on the you can talk to us and send us a message. Has some great questions and comments recently, and Kirston Dixon send us a message and she's got some requests.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Hi, great podcast.
Speaker 4: Would love to hear about Twister. Maybe Kitty Flannigan or mel Buttle just to thought, keep up good work.
Speaker 2: Bye, Thank you Kirston.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've had Kitty Flanninghan came on and spoke about the matrix and that was a lot of fun. We both try to navigate the matrix together. I'd love to have her on again. There's no reason why we won't be having return guests down the track. So we all love Kitty Haggle was Fist by the way, absolutely brilliant. And mel Buttle. We have not had Melbutle on before, so we'll get onto that and Twist. I think Twister comes under kind of classic, kind of beloved, somewhere in between.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not sure. Man, Then I just mix it up with Sharknado. I think they're a bit different.
Speaker 3: But I think Twister does it does deserve its place because it I'm not sure how big desire the movies were pre Twister. You know it's Halen Harnt. Of course Bill Paxton. Again, I love a Bill Paxton film. So yeah, maybe we'll put Twist on the list. I'll add it to the list and see if there's any bites for you. Kisston, thanks for the speak pipe and now we also have one wet with doubling up today Dale Robins once at Saturday PD PDPD.
Speaker 9: Yeah, listen, I'll watch some movie there the other night. It's called The Lovely Bones pole ease, if you could get get onto that. That was a it was a really good movie. It's not it wasn't my genre at all, but it hit me pretty hard. I thought it was a really good movie, really good one. I love to love to hear review on it. Let me know how you go, jeez.
Speaker 3: The Lovely Bones, Yes, directed by Peter Jackson and yeah, Mart Wohlberg, Rachel Wise, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci. Yeah, it's it's I have seen that. It's a really good film. I when he said Lovely Lovely Bones my mind for some reason seeing Heavenly Creatures with Kate Winslett, another Peter Jackson film. I think we'll put it on the list as well. Twister and Lovely Bones going on.
Speaker 1: That's a good suggestion.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Lovely Bones Strey? No, I've never even heard of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't necessarily set the world on fire. I had no idea what if it was considered a hit or not. I mean it's a darkness, a certain darkness to it. It does involve a murder I think from memory of a girl. Yeah, and it's got like kind of a sense of spirituality to it. I think as well. All right, I'll put Lovely Bones and Twist, two very different movies on our list and see if somebody wants to jump in there. But thank you, Dale, I should say, Dale, Dale, Dale, for your message. You really appreciate it. And keep listening and maybe you'll hear Lovely Bones on our podcast very soon. We've got a few more episodes to go for season four. I you ain't seen nothing yet. We are closing in on the one hundred episode mark that will happen next season. But we've got about four episodes ago, I think for this season and next week on the show, a returning guest, the One, the Only, a great mate. You know him from rose Haven, lukewarm Sex. Have you been paying attention the project? He's the one, the Only. Luke mcgreg returns to complete the trilogy that is The Godfather Part three. Now he slightly Some people might think this is contentious.
Speaker 1: Is The Godfather Part three a classic?
Speaker 3: It's certainly part of a classic trilogy, and I absolutely think this is a great time for all of you who have maybe written off The Godfather Part three to revisit it.
Speaker 2: It is I've said this before, it is a very good film.
Speaker 3: It's not in the conversation as the best film ever made, like its predecessor's Godfather Part one and Part two, but it is still a very good film. And I think the changes fantasy for a couple are made about a year ago. So if you want to go, if you're watching it, will be reviewing The Godfather Part three. The death of Michael collon the coder. Okay, so that's the one we'll be watching, So check that out. Revisit it if you haven't. If you haven't seen it before, and you've been put off by watching it.
Speaker 2: Check it out. It's gonna be a lot of fun next week.
Speaker 3: And you ain't seen nothing yet Luc McGregor and The Godfather Part three. And so we leave old Pete save Lancel, and to our friends of the radio audience, we've been a pleasant good name.