Speaker 1: Laura, come on, Oh my god, we're back on the air.
Speaker 2: The band's back together.
Speaker 3: Helloes, guys, I genuinely semi sort of mischief.
Speaker 4: Guys, missed you like.
Speaker 5: Probably an eight out of twenty eight out of ten?
Speaker 4: What did you miss the most? Who did you miss the most?
Speaker 3: I'm not playing favorites you sure you're both my favorite children. I miss you both for different reasons.
Speaker 2: What was my reason?
Speaker 5: This is completely turned into a playoff against each other. Hold on, what do you miss about me? The laugh?
Speaker 4: We just want to know who your favorite child is on this show.
Speaker 5: I like you for different reasons. You bring different stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you can't tell us any single one of those things. Okay, you can't identify a single far.
Speaker 3: I miss Mitch for the dumb stuff because he says a lot of dumb stuff. And I miss you because I don't see anyone in my life at all more than you like you are my It wasn't aliment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, she just said she missed me because I'm an idiot, and she missed you because conveniently you're in her face all the time.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you we didn't get to miss you as much as what we should have because we watched every single episode of Arma Celebrity Get Me out of Here, so we were seeing you for all the time. We were in your dms, we were in your Instagram. But we're very happy to have you back. Before we start the show, we need to address the elephant. No pun intended in the room.
Speaker 1: But you're like, oh, I was struggling, Oh, I had been some rice. You my friend Brittany were on a holiday.
Speaker 4: You were on a holiday. We were. We have been here the last five weeks working out ars off on this show, day in, day out.
Speaker 2: And you look.
Speaker 4: Look, you look nice and trim.
Speaker 5: You've had a nice little holiday, right you see? What do you do on holiday? Do you eat drink be merry? Do you get thrown off clips? Do you get buried with snakes? Do you have to eat pigs nipples?
Speaker 4: To be fair?
Speaker 2: Last one?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 5: That by choice?
Speaker 4: Here the last time I went on holiday as my husband went skydivings and then went, what's the other one? When you jump off bungee jumping? Yeah, so some people do do this stuff on their holidays.
Speaker 2: I justm not convinced. It was hard.
Speaker 5: It was so hard.
Speaker 4: You guys are like you're having a great time.
Speaker 3: It was the hardest thing. I take high offense to that, Mitch and Laura. It was the highest thing I have ever done. To be fair, haven't squeezed a child out of my vagina yet, But besides.
Speaker 1: It hasn't finished yet. Welcome to the show. Every our first show back since BRIT's return from the jungle. We're all very excited to kick it off. We're going to do pick Up put Down next, which is the segment we start every Monday show with all the big news topics from the weekend. We either pick them up, carry on talking about them, or put them down.
Speaker 4: It's going to be hard. Brid has no idea what's going on in the world, So.
Speaker 2: Great radio, come up here the pick up.
Speaker 1: Brittany's back, the band's back together, so let's do a pick up favorite pick up. Yes, So pick Up put Down girls, is where I bring you the big stories from the weekend and you either pick them up, carry on talking about them, or put them down and we just shut it up.
Speaker 2: We move on with our lives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put it in the bin.
Speaker 4: How was it like having no idea what was going.
Speaker 5: On in the world?
Speaker 1: Was the best in Africa? We need to just make it out. She's not an idiot.
Speaker 5: How was it just being dumb?
Speaker 4: How is it being this stupid?
Speaker 2: No, having an empty brain?
Speaker 5: Just let me tell you about it, Laura. No, I genuinely loved it. Like I loved it. I loved having no phone, no stress, no.
Speaker 4: Idea, what's happening, no news cycle, no nothing.
Speaker 5: Never again in the history of history will that happen?
Speaker 4: I mean until the next reality TV show that you do, till next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, pick up? Put down? Replacing your smartphone with a boring phone?
Speaker 5: What wow?
Speaker 4: I mean pick it up. I feel like that was very time sensitive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is coming from my people.
Speaker 1: My generation gen Z are expressing a desire to disconnect from the digital world. There's a growing trend of young people replacing their smartphones with dumb phones, which are just new, a new wave of phones that have less function in life.
Speaker 4: It sounds very gen Z because like, we all grew up with that phone, right, Like I had the phone that had snake on it. That's what I used to I used to Anna, Yeah, I had a Nokia. I used to sit in my science class when I was in year eleven and twelve and I used to have my phone under the table and I was playing Snake getting that high score games. So like we we were just as distracted by phones, but for very different reasons when we were kids. But yeah, like I would not I would not forego this for a Nokia, people, just.
Speaker 5: Because survive this day.
Speaker 3: And it's like you your whole life, including business.
Speaker 4: Paying bills, everything you live on that.
Speaker 3: Like if I lost that genuinely in a jungle, it was fine because I loved the no stress. I could not survive without it. I don't even take a banking card out with me everything.
Speaker 1: But you guys are so quick to hate on the gen Z's. It's a good thing for mental health, for clarity. They want to disconnect because gen Z gets criticized. You're always in your phone, your head sucked into your.
Speaker 4: Device, do it? I agree. I think it is a good idea to have, Like we need to have a better relationship with our phones. But I don't think that like completely throwing your iPhone in the bin and going back to having a Nokia is necess really the way to go about it, because the whole world now is set up for the ease of using a phone it just makes everything else hard for you.
Speaker 3: I think they should try it, do it for sure. I don't think it'll last.
Speaker 1: Should we do a day where we get produced a grace to bias all a vintage Nokia and we just do one twenty four hour window?
Speaker 5: I just did it for a month. No, I reckon.
Speaker 4: It needs to be like week on, week off.
Speaker 5: Literally, I just did it.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, that's just going to ask.
Speaker 4: You're in prison, so it's different. You're in channel ten person, all right, right.
Speaker 1: Pick up, put down, so Studio ten, pick up, put down. Paying extra at a cafe to have your sandwich toasted.
Speaker 3: Straight to toast it, you will put it down, put it down, put it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A cafe in Perth is getting slammed online for charging a custom at ninety cents to toast their sandwich. It's fourteen ninety pre toast, and then there were no sides on it.
Speaker 2: To get a toast. It's an extra ninety.
Speaker 4: Yes, if I've ever heard of revenue raising, that's where it's at. That's no, you can't. You can't even when people charge you just for hot water. That's also another thing that trives me crazy.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Toasting literally chances are they're using stale bread. Like, that's how you get away with stale bread, it's to toast it.
Speaker 2: No one knows a big sour bread scam going on in this country.
Speaker 5: I reckon there is a toasted stale bread scam.
Speaker 2: That's how they get away with that stale bread.
Speaker 5: Put it down as quick as you put that toaster.
Speaker 2: Lived in all right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Next one pick up?
Speaker 1: Put down the kid that won the European goal screeching competition.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm going to pick this up. This is legit. Have you heard this, Laura, No, it's gone I water, It's just huge.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there's actually a competition for goal screeching.
Speaker 2: Correct, I live.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm very lucky that I live near the beach. I hear enough of it, and I don't want to hear a child doing it.
Speaker 1: This is the European version though, so there's wings all over the country, but this is the European competition.
Speaker 2: This is the boy that won. Let's roll the audio.
Speaker 4: Sounds more like a seal.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding? That is immaculate. That is a beautiful seagull.
Speaker 4: I think it sounds like a seal. Seagulls in Europe sound different to seagulls, and I can.
Speaker 5: Actually impersonate a seagull. I'm going to show you mine.
Speaker 2: No One, no one asked the record show that brid's just jumping in.
Speaker 3: For asking producer Grace. Okay, I'm gonna step back from the microhne. It could be high pitch.
Speaker 5: That was the seagull that hasn't had a chip in a while.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was hideous.
Speaker 5: Do you think I'm better than that?
Speaker 3: Point?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: But also, why do you even know that you can do that?
Speaker 5: I used to do it growing up. I used to mimic birds and try and be one with wildlife. Yeah, I wish I was joking.
Speaker 2: That explains so much.
Speaker 5: I wish that was a lot.
Speaker 4: Don't any friends as a kid?
Speaker 2: Not a lot? Mostly birds mostly.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding. You were like Eliza Thornberry. Animals every day. It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: You know what, if you can nail an animal impression thirteen one oh six five, I want.
Speaker 4: To hear it. I reckon I could do a better seagull than you can do.
Speaker 1: Okay, no practice, Why why don't we go to a break because I think I also could do a good albatross?
Speaker 2: Which is a seagull.
Speaker 1: Because I've got a bigger die friend being a man. So I think let's go to a break thirteen one oh six five. If the people of Australia want to do. We've had the European goal Contest, let's do the Australasian Seagull Contest.
Speaker 4: To pick up. Yeah, we were just doing the Pickup put Down, which is, you know, the best bits from the weekend, whether we like it or we don't like it.
Speaker 3: Now I have brought the best thing that the Pickup put Down has ever experienced, which is what breed animal impersonations.
Speaker 5: Now there are before you have been in the jungle for too long.
Speaker 4: It has gone into your brain.
Speaker 5: So maybe my algorithm is serving me jungle stuff. Actually that's that's what it's done. It's served me jungle stuff.
Speaker 4: Has a parasite.
Speaker 5: It's taken over a bit. Yeah, you two of my parasites.
Speaker 3: So there are no it's going viral online, all these animal impersonations. And there's this kid that just won the Seagull Award, the European Seagull Impersonation Award. And on top of that, I mean you heard that I had an amazing seagull and now you guys want in.
Speaker 5: It's terrible, But can I just show you before we go into these calls? Can I just show you this.
Speaker 3: This is a little girl, she's like four years old, that is going viral for her lining said, Okay, listen to this.
Speaker 5: It's the best line you've ever heard.
Speaker 4: How can you do that? We get some air and.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, how old are you? Irrelevant? I played the fair I've got it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give it a crack.
Speaker 2: Oh god, flip from hating it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to give it.
Speaker 5: Then I hate it.
Speaker 4: I hate it, but I'm competitive.
Speaker 2: That's that was my child. Open embarrassed to take her out of the house.
Speaker 4: I hate way worse than that. Everyone, that line of that's embarrassing. Sorry, I'm going to see gold for you everyone.
Speaker 2: You could have picked something different.
Speaker 5: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Mine was better. You guys have public figures. Give me a lion Mitch, that's easy.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh.
Speaker 2: At, I tried to do that little girl's version. Sorry, that's last week.
Speaker 5: You farted on rating on this week?
Speaker 2: You're bare your You think I just swallowed by my well, no, what's that?
Speaker 5: Do you know what Evolver is? You've never had a volver about me.
Speaker 2: Volver is all right?
Speaker 1: Okay, something lining up people. I'm shocked, to be honest. On thirteen one O sixty five. We have so many calls wanting to demonstrate their animal impression. So let's go to Lisa. I'm thirteen one of six five high, Lisa. Maybe we don't get them to tell us. We get them to do it, then we guess, don't tell us the animal Yes, Lisa gives yeah, give us impression.
Speaker 2: Lisa, Hi, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: All Perttany's laugh could.
Speaker 2: Be either it could be one of the two.
Speaker 4: Definitely a cooko bar?
Speaker 2: Is it a cooko bar? Lisa?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is a cooker bar.
Speaker 5: That was good.
Speaker 1: Listen to how how schof she is. You've put that out after a couple of wines at a party before, Lisa, I can tell.
Speaker 2: It's a party.
Speaker 1: Tree used it a lot of the time.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do, I mean, I mean, I'm impressed it.
Speaker 2: Okakay.
Speaker 1: Edmund's called on thirteen one O six five, and I hate to be Rugie Edmond, but someone with the name Edmund has an animal impression. I just it's something about the name Edmund that I feel like would do a great animal.
Speaker 3: Edmund, don't tell us what the animal is. Please go forth with your impersonation.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys ready or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Never been ready?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, yay, So one more time, one more time?
Speaker 4: He nah, he is on a farm, you are standing next to a horse. I'll do it again.
Speaker 5: Okay. You can hear Edmund. You can hear him giggle at the end. That's legit. He's amazing.
Speaker 4: I think this is a recording you've got.
Speaker 1: You gotta.
Speaker 3: Tell me when to do it.
Speaker 6: I'll do it.
Speaker 5: He's a stallion in more ways?
Speaker 1: O God, Okay, one more one more so that Zach, hi do your animal impression.
Speaker 2: Well guess what it is, Zach, I think that's a seagull.
Speaker 5: But sorry, Zach, I think mine is.
Speaker 4: I think that got hit by a car.
Speaker 1: Laura, I'm a little bit sick at the moment, Zach.
Speaker 3: That's not winning any Australasian seagull competitions.
Speaker 5: That's a seagull that's had too many hot chips.
Speaker 2: He's got another one.
Speaker 5: How about if I speak as a seagull?
Speaker 1: Go for my next logical thought.
Speaker 2: This is the worst.
Speaker 4: Segment I've ever What do these people do with their lives, Like, is this just something you practice, Zach, what do you do with your life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What what are you when you're not a seagull?
Speaker 5: I'm actually a musician and I go to the gym, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't have a lot of free time. But somehow maybe you can connect Lisa edmund Enzac and they can all sort of form.
Speaker 4: It like a book club. But oh guys, it's so good to be back. But the last week I got to travel a little bit with my mom. So when I'm a celebrity, finished, it took another holiday.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's a couple of days where you have to because I made it to the second last episode, but that was four days before the final in real time, so they fly your parents over there in case and then we yeah, and then we have to just hang around for the finale. So there's all these days. So my mom and I ended up having this little holiday together. We did some safaris in between shooting. It was amazing. I've never traveled with just my mom ever, because we've either been on a family holiday or she doesn't come.
Speaker 5: Like when do you go overseas with just you?
Speaker 4: And as an adult, So when you're older, like that stuff that you do when you're a kid, but then you never really travel as an adult with your parents. It doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I learnt something where I think she's borderline sociopath.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna call it. There's a big problem with mom.
Speaker 2: She's a beautiful mom, Nikki.
Speaker 5: My beautiful Mitch.
Speaker 3: You got the opportunity to travel with my mum over the summer in the UK, and it was quite the experience.
Speaker 2: It was. We had a lot of bakery stops, lot of we stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think she did this at that time, but I didn't realize it was a problem. Okay, okay, So we listened to a lot of podcasts while we were because we're doing a lot of travel and driving.
Speaker 5: And then we listened.
Speaker 3: Oh, we watched a lot of Netflix shows, like when it's late at night, you'd log and watch the show.
Speaker 5: You know what she does.
Speaker 3: She will be example, about fifteen minutes into a two part one and a half hour each podcast episode, so three hours total.
Speaker 4: Does she listen to the same stuff you do, like the true crime she loves true crime?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we listened to true crime driving through the scottis.
Speaker 2: Highlands, yes, she loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we're fifteen minutes in and she says to three hours. She goes, oh, you won't believe.
Speaker 3: It, but the wrong person got death penalty for that. I was like, for what she's like for this? And I was like, what we're listening to now? Theodcast?
Speaker 5: She's like yeah. I said, oh my god, how do you know do you remember the case? Because it was an old case. She goes, no, I just googled it. I was like what. I was like, you just googled the ending of what we're listening right now. She's like, yeah, I always do.
Speaker 2: While she was listening yep.
Speaker 5: She and I was like, well, great, I'll turn it off. She goes, no, I want to see what happens. And I was like, but you know what happens. You just googled it.
Speaker 4: But she doesn't know the new ones. She doesn't know the way that they're going to tell me.
Speaker 5: She did it to Netflix series.
Speaker 3: She just googles the end of it when she's ten minutes in and then tells me, and I'm like, why are you ruining my life?
Speaker 2: She's sourcing her own spoilers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but not her own.
Speaker 3: She spoils it for everyone, or she'll do the thing where she's like, oh, you're not gonna believe what happens there, and I'm like, don't tell me. She's like, I won't tell you that he got put in jailor like and I'm like, why a what kind of a sicko spoils the end of a show?
Speaker 5: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: Okay, I can sympathize with your mum, but I also sympathize with you.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I like to have the control, So I don't really like watching if i'm watching something that's true crime, especially if it's just a normal series and it's you know, fantasy or whatever, I don't care. But if it's true crime, I want to know because I get so much anxiety and like the suspense around what's going to happen. But I will google what happened to the person, So then I find out you google. No, no, no, I'm not. Do not put me in the same campus that woman. I would never tell the person i'm watching with, but I always like, so if my husband and I are watching a movie and I feel that like anxious suspense feeling, I'm like, I'll just find out what happens. But I don't ruin it for him.
Speaker 5: A why why?
Speaker 4: Because I think it's a control thing, genuinely.
Speaker 2: Elephant in the room.
Speaker 4: No, I don't. Yeah, I like to have a bit of order, and I don't like feeling anxious, and I don't like that suspense feeling.
Speaker 5: I hate it.
Speaker 1: Cherry, my dad loves a podcast, loves a film, and loves a series. But he is so sweet about spoilers. He actually can't sell the show without spoiling it. Yes, so what I'm doing? So say, for example, he wants to sell Harry Potter, He'll be like, mate, great new series, boy Wizard, but like he can't get because he doesn't want to spoil it at all.
Speaker 2: Want to you anything? I'm like, I need, I need more to get in.
Speaker 5: He's like, what happens?
Speaker 2: Can't possibly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy Wizard trainscar and I'm married and then he kills Valtimort.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, he just gets so close.
Speaker 5: Do you do much? You a sociopath like Laura at my mum or.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm spoiler free. I'm good. I'll watch something and I'm a vault. Don't want to. I don't want to. I want to get the punchline at you.
Speaker 4: How do you know? But can you figure it out as it's going or you usually just like you're just on the ride.
Speaker 3: I'm an annoying person that tries to guess the whole time out loud. I'm sitting there with ban or whoever watching it. I'll be like, oh my god, he's about to go in there and die. Yes, I do this, God do you think he's about to do that? And everyone's like, just I don't know. Why don't you wait two minutes and you'll find it?
Speaker 1: And I'm always so off. I'm like, yeah, he's going to be actually killed by his mother. And then at the end the mother's not even involved. I'm like, oh, I don't know how.
Speaker 6: It got.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 1: It's a boy wizard. Yeah, it's never right. All right, Well, the ending of this show is now there's no spoilers.
Speaker 5: It's over.
Speaker 2: Spoiler the shows.
Speaker 4: If you've been trying to google a head, we're we're finishing.
Speaker 2: Foot or Will and Wood are up next to that. Google to you that maybe.
Speaker 5: I think it probably did. Yeah if they googled it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. The boys are on.
Speaker 1: If you missed the podcast or the show, you can podcast it on iHeartRadio. Just search the pickup and you can get it or listen to your heart's content.
Speaker 5: I missed you guys, good to be back.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow