Speaker 1: It's all been building to this. The final bake day was yesterday evening. It's time to try and find the winner today on our first ever this Christian O'Connor, the Great Australian Cake off like give me, give me cake now, all right? So the last three days me, Jack and Pats have been trying to do a classic cake from the Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake book. I'm not the same person I was on the show yesterday. There's something that's been knocked out of me, and it's when that cake fell over yesterday at half nine. It's tilting like the leaning tower of pizza, which a rocket ship shouldn't do. It's it's not I try to do my best, but that looks a mess.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing photo that you put on your Instagram, a mid you got at mid fall. The photo that was taken literally with the.
Speaker 1: Panic on my face when I realize the hours are put into it, it was just fair. I've got an uber in today so I could try and guarantee that it wouldn't fall over. It yes, and even I was like, what's the point It's fallen over in the kitchen. I don't even know how it fell over.
Speaker 3: Tom.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, though, there is a clear, clear, clear, clear, clear winner. As we would have thought. Anything Patsy does always does it. One. Your train looks better than the one in the actual book.
Speaker 2: I think that's too kind, is fantastic.
Speaker 1: It makes me want to be ten, and it'd be my birthday today. It is just if my mum made that for me. You'd just be the happiest kid in the world. Jack, yours looks great as well.
Speaker 2: At least we all have an entry. We're got to put a photo of each of them. The rocket, the tip truck, and the train all have to go up because I think we've I think we've out done ourselves. I didn't expect him to be there.
Speaker 1: Look, you two have outdone yourself. The rocket has done me. Okay, I tried everything. I've got to be honest. I didn't bother looking at the recipe after awhile, because there's not a lot on there. Ye just go after pictures. It has got some sort of bass that you've made with it with like cardboard and tim foil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's meant to, yeah, meant to look like rocket boosters. So I say that you've bought those in separately. Are you going to try to reconstruct it?
Speaker 1: The base isn't strong enough for some reason, it's extra thick. Have you seen that rocket gets thicker at the bottom? As the kids said, Dad, you've made a mountain. Okay, kid's got hips, and those hips don't lie, Jack, So I settle team obviously. Now Matt Preston's going to look at all of these and pick a winner and have his comments about what he actually thinks of all these cakes.
Speaker 3: Okay. The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's say go live to Matt Preston, who is in front of our three cakes. Matt described the carnage, described the scene.
Speaker 3: I don't know when I'm here to judge a cake competition or stage and intervention. I'm looking at the three cakes. You've got the train cake from Pats, We've got the rocket cake and Christian, and we've got the tip truck cake from Jack. Now let's start off with the train cake. Wow. Wow. You know, you know, sometimes hard work pays off, and it's paid off in this case. This is a magnificent train. The red engine, a yellow and blue caboose loaded with colored popcorn beautifully Duyde soundstraps, wheels made out of mint slices. The detail here is amazing. Perhaps your cake is magnificent. There's only one score I can give your cake, and that's a ten on ten. It's so it's an example. There's an example about why great cake design makes things look brilliant. You've done a beautiful job. I've cut it open. The cake looks homemade and it looks tender. You've done a beautiful job. Okay, now the tip truck. You know, look, you know what I always think to take the prection. You look at it. No, immediately that's a tip truck when you're half away there and what you've given us on the table is absolutely a bright green trip tip truck. I'm slightly concerned about the fingernails or like green fingernails on the front, and there's some sort of put on the hope or else it's something else, but that's tips out load with Lolly's bright green icing. I'm particularly liking the piping of the lit winter and wipe that. That's really impressive. Jack, It's it's a it's a solid seven out of ten. Christian O'Connell, you've it looks like you've never baked before, you I haven't.
Speaker 1: That's you're quite right. There is the first cake I've ever baked.
Speaker 3: And well, you know, and on which case you've got to be you've got to be commended. I think I think I'm sure Pat's probably baked her first kate, which he was about five. And your kate looked like look like it has been baked by by a five year old, but a five year old without a five year old with with with with aspirations. So you know, you know what, you got to say that it's not very good. The icing, the icing is comesy. It could easily be be a kind of Game of Thrones tower you could we could probably get away with that. Maybe maybe fashion the wings into dragons. And really, I think you probably need to stage what what's called in the Trader Cake intervention and saying Gary Meagan and your house give you a lessons to be a spunder a breeze.
Speaker 1: Block, ideally a sponger man.
Speaker 3: You know what the amazing is. Yeah, yeah, you gave it a go. It is it did stand up. It is vertical and and you know I'm being a bit unfair here, and it's got the red cap on the top, it's got the it's got the spikes on the side with the candles, and I reckon if you were if you were a small kid going turning up to your party and your dad would bake that for you, you'd be beside yourself with excitement because because you know, the hard work, the hours, the sweat.
Speaker 1: The page. But a forty seven year old man's done us over two days from mark a ten for the cake.
Speaker 3: Well, well, if pats cakes are ten, then yours is probably a shoe, you know, And and that and that I'd say, I've prayed, I've said two of those points for having it.
Speaker 2: Go congratination.
Speaker 1: We pay a great winner world. I deserve Patsy's cake. Does it looks better than the one in the book? Well done, Pats, Thanks guys. Hey listen, Matt Preston, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thanks for that, guys, lovely doing that. It was lots of fun. Bye, I'll tell you some video you'll love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, great, love to see you saying zero ten.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast