Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily.
Speaker 2: Podcast, brought to you by Cana.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord, how good does it feel to be a Friday Listen? If you're not excited for your weekend, maybe you don't have enough plans. I've been there when I lived in Melbourne, I lived with my parents bored as on the weekend because I.
Speaker 1: Don't have enough When they say, if you feel bored, you're boring.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, and I'll you'll come back for sure, for sure, because I just like I didn't have enough emotional energy to be with people all the time. But also I was very bored at home. It's quite a bind to find yourself in. If you're worried about being a bit bored this weekend, do what I did last weekend. Stay in bed all weekend. Okay, get up in the morning, go to the cafe, do it with a tivity tappy on the laptop.
Speaker 4: I love that you're a local girl like that, because I really have aspirations to be a local girl. But I moved to a new suburb and I don't hang out in the suburb at all. I don't know any cafes, I don't know any spots. I moved to a suburb to drive right back out of it.
Speaker 3: This is the I mean, mine's an affliction and a bonus. The suburb in which I live, which I will not be disclosing, thank.
Speaker 1: You, is a bubble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so you know, yeah, you're stuck, but it's kind of sligh. So oh, I know it's not going to be forever. So I spoils, yeah, the spoils of my rent money. Anyway, we're going to talk about how Instagram is a new hinge.
Speaker 1: According to you. Honestly, I'm not wrong.
Speaker 4: Love that's a new hinge and not the new bumble or Tinder that feels deliberate.
Speaker 1: Say hinge all the time. Now, yeah, it used to be Tinder, but they just say hinge. Do they mean hinge? Though I personally want.
Speaker 4: A grinder to straights that's Tinder, No, because grind does the proximity thing.
Speaker 3: Also the category like all. I just think it's like real functional. I think it's a bit too dangerous with women. Yeah, do you agree with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Do I like Snapchat mats maps? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah far out guys. I just want to say congratulations on getting through another week. Maybe you're working tomorrow but still at the end of the week.
Speaker 1: You know it's not. But that's okay. Thank you for sharing. Let's go. Fleck and Flecky.
Speaker 3: And I were just talking about the Veronicas fan I'm not a fan, but I would listen were you were a fan as a kid. I don't think I was a fan as a kid.
Speaker 1: No kind of thought it would hit your interest. They're a bit emo.
Speaker 4: Yeah they are emo, but I think I was just a fan of American stuff, broadly Veronicas.
Speaker 3: I thought, we're going to bridge the gap between America and Australia. I remember they did a competition with like some radio station and if you won, you could like meet them and get a five hundred dollars to prey voucher.
Speaker 4: Ooh it was the coolest. I was like, why is this still in your memory bank?
Speaker 1: Because I wanted it so bad.
Speaker 3: It's like where neighbors did a call out, you could send in your tape. God, literally, I would do. I'd pay a ransom for that take not to come out. That was the most hectic.
Speaker 4: Shit, But you're about it. That's that enthusiasm. You just can't fake it.
Speaker 3: She had no chance, that little one, but the fact that he felt so confident and empowered to do that. That's huge, mum taking a view of me in front of the Bogan villa in the backround. But anyas slag Waen maybe yeah, anyway, the dream's dead.
Speaker 4: Oh, the dream is not dead. Honestly, If EMO didn't die off so quickly, and I don't know what killed it, I think it was just the moving from platforms my Space stay, then EMO would have stayed. Then we all would be very different people right now. Alas Drake knows why you're single.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: I know you didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to say it. Don't shoot the messenger. Listen to the horse.
Speaker 3: Himself from the horse's mouth. Yes, I guess he's the horse. He looks like an Oakmore horse.
Speaker 1: Ah. Fascinating that you would say.
Speaker 2: That it's common by Drake essentially summarizes why so many people are single right now. I get into this habit of dating like four or five women to make one woman. If these are like these like two things like like what this girl does for a living, they're not like so it's it's just really honestly, I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 1: He just didn't get his point out. You know, I just and you know, and it's like you know when and then.
Speaker 4: Seriously, I get what he's saying. I don't think I relate.
Speaker 3: But he's like, he'll date four or five women and the combination of them all is the perfect girl. I could say literally the way he was telling that with the backwards cup, little jing Jan, I'm like, you're not You're not dating anyone, like, with all due respect, Drake, I'm not seeing the vision. This is like people who talk a big game and then get none. Yeah, I speak from personal experience, storytellers.
Speaker 1: No closing skills. Closing skills. Honestly, I have heard of this technique. I've got a friend who uses it.
Speaker 3: She tries not to date one guy, like just one guy at a time. It's a protection mechanism so she doesn't fall for any of them. Does it work because.
Speaker 1: You always got a favorite? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can't do the dating multiple people because I just feel like I want to over fantasize, close the door, move on, over fantasize, close the door, move on.
Speaker 1: You do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 1: I wish I didn't know what you were saying, but I do. Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 3: Flex and Frooms a few weeks ago on the podcast, it was a Friday.
Speaker 1: I believe what was the date. Maybe it was like the eleventh, Maybe Friday, the eleventh of Does it matter? You know what it does actually because people can go back and listen to them.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me pull up a calendar for you. Okay, Friday, the eleventh of November.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Correct eleven eleven. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On the podcast, I said, I think I made some joke about people who actually listen to the podcast being crazy. I said, if you've listened to every single episode of this podcast, message me. The first person to message me referencing this I will give a prize to. And the first person to message me was a person called Brosif on Instagram. Brosaf is a longtime listener. He's even sent us an am I the asshole. At one point, I processed, and so I said to him, I'm going to send you something. Got his address very presumptuous whoa. And I originally thought I was gonna like send him a little poem, and male, I love sending mail. The poem is really sweet and thoughtful. It is thank you. But then I thought, let's stick to the same medium.
Speaker 1: He found us on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's keep him on the podcast, and so I have written him an acrostic poem for brosif oh and I want to I want you to do.
Speaker 1: The next letter, so B, I don't know what acrostic poem is are A.
Speaker 3: Like his his initials of his name across the sissy serious.
Speaker 4: Babe stating at my master's of journalism on Twitter. Should I use an acrostic poem generator?
Speaker 3: No, Sis, We're doing this for real, all right, brosof starting with the b. B is best listener on the Flex and Fruits podcast. Okay, you do one with r R is really hot? Oh is, Oh my god, thank you for your long standing support.
Speaker 1: S is stay sexy. E is for everything, everwhere, all at once. That's what I think of you. Oh cute. P is for keep your.
Speaker 3: pH levels balanced, if you want to get a root, and H is for hey, I appreciate you, brosif you're really good, let's give it a clap. Go on, Brookie, put the hand, get the hands together. Everyone of the booth is cupping. That's where you're brosimiking. This is Flex and Frooms on so Flexiani Mamana. I was on Instagram. The other day I go to open up my messages. It's always a fruitful place the dms, I agree, not necessarily for sexual purposes, but more romantic, but more funny stuff. It's hilarious, funny junk. Yes, And there's such a good feeling about someone sending you a meme. You just think you were thinking of me, this random person on the Earth.
Speaker 1: I went to open it eye messages. What do I see? What do you see? Bubbles?
Speaker 3: Yeah, above the messages, with little thinking bubbles above the avatars.
Speaker 4: And the odd thing about this new update just appearing is because usually what happens when there's an Instagram update is that we get told on the stories. You go to post a story and the like, hey did you know that there's a new reals feature? And then you go and you ignore it and you don't use it. In this instance, though, it was just there, no fan context, nothing, but there was fan there because I that was, in my opinion, the quickest uptick of someone using a new feature I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Really or immediately everyone's like, what is this? What is this? What is this? How do you use this? What is this for?
Speaker 4: When usually, let's say there's a new like when Instagram updated with captions. I feel like influencers and content creators use that like we're excited by that.
Speaker 1: But the avatise was like, okay, cool.
Speaker 3: Great, Well, okay, so you open it up. I'm sure you've seen it already everyone. But I have a thought. This is the first thought I had when I posted my one, and that is that it's the perfect way to slide into someone's dms, or have someone slide into yours. This feature was designed to create conversations.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? So you put a little thing up so it's called a note, it's called notes.
Speaker 3: So you've got all these little people along here. You can press into their notes, and it gives you an option to reply straight away.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 3: So it's just another tool to end up in someone's DM. The incidental How did I get here? But I guess now I'm here, let's chat. Literally, I ask a question. Restaurants on the Moon are great food, but no atmosphere just had an everything shower. You aren't ready, like, can't stop thinking about Julia, it's just bs. Yeah, but you say that Instagrams would be the new dating app. My concern is, how is Instagram How.
Speaker 4: Is this going to be beneficial if the people you want to date aren't already in your network? How's this going to push me and propel me out to the six foot eight eight kings?
Speaker 1: I hate Sigar.
Speaker 3: I was thinking I had to add a couple, a couple, of course.
Speaker 1: Well this is the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like so for mine and for most people's, they say, is nothing queen for me? And I think for you. The only people that can see the notes are people that you follow back. So people that are following you you follow back there don't see it.
Speaker 1: Personally.
Speaker 3: I'm falling back how many people I'm falling back on thousand, five hundred and fifty one people? That means it's one thousand, five hundred and fifty one potential leads.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm following almost four thousand. So now you're saying that, okay, So what I'm thinking of doing?
Speaker 3: The first The first note that I had was I wish someone had broken up with me so I could put a sad song here, something to that effect. It was worded better, Oh as a joke.
Speaker 1: Now I think I might kick it up. We've got okay, okay, hold on, let's kick it up on this. Let me sit up.
Speaker 4: Okay, I understand what you're saying, because for those of you who've been who are frequently blessed with a DM slide, you know the best way to activate one is to give someone opportunity to get in.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Yes, you could upload some music, you could look pretty on a night out, you could updated news article, but it has to be varying. It can't all be intimately tied to you. Get some memes in there, some personal stuff. I understand. However, my issue with this note's function is you've got like fifty characters, Max, There's not a lot you can say. And also what you say has to not only be in the first three to four people posting a note, but it has to entice the people you want to entice perfectly. And if you're like us and the dms remain full. Because my issue is I'm missing dms. There's some leads that I've seen from a couple of weeks ago, I can't follow up now. I left them for too long. I didn't see them.
Speaker 3: So if I'm trying to signal out that this girl is down, what am I writing my note? I'm gonna do it now. You know what I'm thinking of writing today.
Speaker 1: Alright, I'll bite who's single? Said a bit much? That's good? All right? Then wait then you get all your friends in like me me, no, bitch, get out of the light, get out of the way. Should I do it? I start thinking? Fuck? I follow like work leads? You know? Okay, okay? But also I put so much shit on the internet. Doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. But also think about it.
Speaker 4: If someone you thought was hot had posted that, would you be like, yeah, this is my turn, you're a liar?
Speaker 3: Well I did put the other like, this is a bit you know, I want to share it. The other day I said, all right, any house parties tonight? Did I get a single lead?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I got one person coming in to say, yeah, frooms walks into a party with an A four laminated he's had to recycle with a condom on her head.
Speaker 1: Just absurdity. I didn't want to know that. That one hurts. I'm gonna know with her party. See, but people don't have these leads.
Speaker 3: I said, all right, I'll bite who's single? I swear by the time we finished this chat.
Speaker 1: No, I've got one better. Who's taking me on a date?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Damn no, you don't.
Speaker 3: Delete delete note? Can you post that right now? Then? Okay, hold on, Okay, anyway, if you saw my note and you're listening, what's the percentage of people that have listened that I'd be interested in.
Speaker 1: It's gona be at least one person could be one in there. Yeah, but like we'll get yeah, we'll talk statistics later. Okay, we'll see how that goes. I mean my desperation era.
Speaker 3: Okay, what if you're written, what if you're written, I'm gonna make an Instagram.
Speaker 1: I think people like this some dead air. Okay, is this on me or you? No, it's on me.
Speaker 4: So form it said that she thinks that Instagram is going to be the new hinge because of the notes function, right, she says, you put up something up the top, it sends out a signal people bite back. However, she tried the other day, she said, all right, where the house party is.
Speaker 1: Only one person responded and it was a rose.
Speaker 4: Today she's uploaded this, Okay, I'll bite who's single. I'm saying that's not going to get the desired response. It's like you're gonna get your friends up in there. So I'm saying The better thing to say is, all right, who's taking me on a date?
Speaker 1: Well, we got a ab test, Well how do we bet? Let me show you? Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So it seems we're doing a bit of an on the go experiment. I don't know if it's going to yield any results, but please stay tuned. Is Instagram notes, in particular, the new dating app My Heart says no, My Yearning for Love says, perhaps.
Speaker 1: This is flex and froomsa FLEXI.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say it again, but you will, but you will. I have been called a Karen.
Speaker 1: You self identify it as a Karen, and honestly it feels person Yeah, and it is.
Speaker 3: And the reason that Karen chat came about was when we first started recording back in April and I mentioned how on the flight to Balio took up both armrests. You did not because it was comfortable, but because I thought they were mine as a middle seater. Now I get so much plain news on my feet. You wouldn't believe it. I'm getting so plain news. Here's one. A woman left a child in tears on a flight by refusing to move out of the window seat.
Speaker 1: The picture.
Speaker 3: Is this kid in the aisle seat with his with his hand over his face, obviously having a tantrum. Let's read the story. Boy six left in tears after Ryan Air flight mixes up seat window gets double booked. Who is writing these stories?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand, but this is why we need blue ticks.
Speaker 3: So a woman has left a child in tears after refusing to move the seat that he was booked in. The airline said it was an IT glitch that caused the double book in the ledge of the six year old boy unable to sit in the seat he picked.
Speaker 1: They've got his name here.
Speaker 3: I won't say because I don't want to enter that into the universe. He bought it the flight from Budapest with his parents and was expecting to sit by the window, which helps keeping him calm during the flight. However, his seat on the flight operated by ryan S subsidiary airline Buzz, was double booked again. Here he is in tears sitting in this fat was a woman who showed Ryan's parents a seat booking with the same seat number in it. She wouldn't budge despite being asked to. Essentially, she said, no, do we who's the usehole?
Speaker 1: What would you do? Look depends how I'm feeling. Oh yeah, the inner Karen says.
Speaker 3: The kid needs to learn some resilience being a boy in me says, move it. I made a pledge to myself when I was a young child, and I said to myself, I will never be mean to kids. I will never be mean to kids because you know some parents, like you'd go over to some kid's house and the parents to be rude, you like my parents wouldn't I yell at another kid. So it's like, I'm never going to be a mean parent or mean older person, and so I kind of need to Like, you've arrived and it's not looking good. Brother, Yeah, yeah, it's not great. It's nothing good. But yeah, i'd probably I mean far out. How long is the flight? I don't want to sit in the aisle if I'm a woman like I sorry, I mean it's if I'm an adult. What if I'm an adult, I don't want to sit on the aisle. I want to be able to rest.
Speaker 1: The kid can the kid? This is the thing when.
Speaker 3: You're a single person on the plane and you sit next to people who are in a couple, either a parent and a kid or a couple, they.
Speaker 1: Can lean on each other.
Speaker 3: I'm alone if I'm an as you know, to lean on a partner. Okay, So all I'm gonna say is I don't know who's in the right. Can you tell me who you think?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I definitely don't want to make it a habit of being a plane martyr, because you know, there's always these people that being.
Speaker 1: Like, do you want to sit in the isle of a week and swap no? Do you want to know? No?
Speaker 4: But some instances I really don't care. In this instance, there's a kid who is obviously going to be annoying regardless. And I quite like kids, but kids on planes they don't know how to act. So whether or not he sits in the aisle of the window, he's going to be a nuisance if he's already had his heart set on this and he's having.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the plants in our studio have just fallen over. We keep saying this a polter geist and the polter geist.
Speaker 4: Okay, So maybe I need to check my attitude. I understand, understand, need to come through, gentle.
Speaker 1: I get it. Either way, the kid is going.
Speaker 3: To be upset, upset and annoying, potentially annoying. So for that reason, do yourself a favor and just sit in the aisle. You'll be less comfortable, but you won't have a kid crying, having a tantrum, his parents death glaring you, the flight attendant's death glaring you, everybody else on the plane death glaring you.
Speaker 4: You don't want that energy, You're right, Well, there's always next time. But if it's like, just like a couple of friends, you're like, do you mind if we swap I will do that because I'm like, I don't want to be in between your Yeah, the idiot, but I will never, ever, ever, ever ever swap it in the middle, never, never, or the back.
Speaker 1: I'm not sitting in the back of the plane.
Speaker 3: So fair you're listening to flex and Frooms on KEDA question of.
Speaker 1: The day, what is a blue tick worth?
Speaker 4: If you can buy one for eight dollars a month on Twitter, it's not worth a thing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 4: Because initially when I saw this news article go live, I thought, oh.
Speaker 1: What a fun little tree.
Speaker 4: You know, people who feel like they should be entitled to a blue tick because la la la la can get.
Speaker 1: One or good. But then I'm thinking eight dollars a month.
Speaker 4: That's not a lot of money. And then it dawned on me it's the only fans approach. The entry cost is so low because they're banking on you being a lifelong subscriber. Think about how many years you've used any social media platform for let's say Instagram ten.
Speaker 1: Years maybe, yeah, six years.
Speaker 4: Imagine eight dollars a month, eight times twelve. What's that sixty four times eight. Let's just round it up and say seventy times eight.
Speaker 3: Someone bucks five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: That was a got a lot of money for verification.
Speaker 3: I gotta say I feel all type of way about this news. It's the stupidest, most arrogant, idiotic idea that a social media buyer such as e Musk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, elon, I'm talking to you, bitch. It's gotta make his money somehow. It is the stupidest thing.
Speaker 3: Does anybody know why the bluetick was invented? It was invented to verify people who are veritable sources. Twitter has become the number one place for so many people, journalists, journalists to create and find and report on news. Next minute, anyone can get a willing only blue tick. Yeah, he's missing the point entirely. This is just so arrogant of Elon Musk too f with journalism, like, let's be honest journalism. Journalism's home is Twitter, and so many journalists have worked so hard to get the blue tick.
Speaker 4: Imagine getting your master's for someone to say, journalists, it.
Speaker 1: Is so, I swear, I promise it is. It is because you get very people with you. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just think it's like a little boy getting like a train set and like playing with it and make it stupid.
Speaker 4: This reminds you of when we spoke about a couple of months ago, how I feel like it's BMW who created a subscription around the different functions of the car. So for you know, a fee a month, you could subscribe to turn on your heated steering steeringal heaters, or to turn on additional security, or to unlock voice activation or these different functions. And people were like, why would I pay again and again something I'm already paying four. I should own the car and all its functions. And they're saying some people don't want the extra functions, right, so why would I pay an extra one two three thousand for seat warmers? And this and that when I don't need it, and so if you want it, why not pay extra?
Speaker 1: I never thought about that approach.
Speaker 4: Yes, and people like no, no, no, you're paying for the flat model of what they want the basic function to be. Then you're adding specs is specking it up? I feel like, you know what's that line they say? The whole thing about capitalism is like you'll own nothing and you'll be happy. This is showing us like we own nothing about these environments we think that we own, right, So I feel like what's gonna happen is, first it starts with the blue tick loses all meaning because you can now buy it, and Twitter's gonna start doing it tick, I's gonna do it, Instagram's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 4: But then I feel like what's gonna come in is what Twitch has, which is badgers and these different ways to identify what kind of user you are. So maybe it's not the blue tick, but maybe you can pay to be a different type of verified user, A paying like to say I'm famous or I'm credible in some capacity. Because for someone who makes money off Instagram, if you said it's gonna cost you an extra grand a year to maintain some kind of status symbol with an additional perk.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people would do it. Now you're saying not now, I promise you. I sometimes I want to rever the blue tick because it's just it's so much pressure. Okay, so you read blue tick. Yeah, I want to sell my blue cheek on what's it worth?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Though this is.
Speaker 3: True, look for some reason, as you say, I don't get often fired up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I like to see it. He has done me a number on me elon maybe tweet at him. You know what, it's because he's come in and he's played with it. This is the thing.
Speaker 3: He loves Twitter. That's where he met Grimes. They did some public flirting, ended up having the baby. Yes, you know what, she tweeted him. I don't know if this was not real, And I wouldn't know anymore because she ended up tweeting back, yeah, like can you pay for child support?
Speaker 1: When he's like pay eight dollars? He's not paying child support?
Speaker 3: I mean, who knows that? Again, I don't know what's real anymore. It's just I just think it's just like classic arrogant billionaire vibes.
Speaker 1: And I'll die on that hill so silly, it's so stupid, makes you really got me?
Speaker 3: But yeah, anyway, so I think he's essentially made Twitter.
Speaker 1: Redundant for now.
Speaker 3: He could like it could have been a yellow tick or something, because it's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to. I want people know that I'm paying for a blue tick. Yuck.
Speaker 4: Do you know what's worse that you can't tell who's paid for it and who earned it?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. It's a true circle joke.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Sorry, Elon, if you want to give me a donation of money.
Speaker 1: That's still cool. Flick and fods.
Speaker 4: We have a friendship dilemma. I feel like I want to hear more friendship dilemmas because as for me, I feel like I'm quick to let a friendship issue go because it never feels worth ruining the friendship over a vibe that will likely dissipate in a couple of weeks. I feel like, if I think about any of my friendships that have ended, it was a confrontation followed by a slow ghost. Yeah, and I feel like if it had not been a confrontation, we would have both recognized mutual responsibility and figured it out. Anyway, here's a dilemma. This person says, or the headline is. My friend says she's too busy to hang out, but I've seen pictures of her on Instagram with someone else. To preface this, I don't have an Instagram anymore, but I search on my sister's account for my friend and I came across another person who's been in pictures with her. So I go to her friend's profile and I see multiple pictures of her with this new friend. And every time I call her, she says she doesn't have time to hat with me. Do I confront her about it? Even though I'm essentially stalking her online on Instagram? And he says, I'm a guy, by the way, which is adding a layer of nothing, But maybe it should add something. I'm not sure. And that's all the information we have off the dome. How is this sitting with you?
Speaker 3: Look, I'm gonna be honest, I did just associate for this. Actually, if you were, like your life depends on the site. Give us, give us the top three things that are coming to mind. What did I say it was a boy? Yeah, it was friends and it was a girl.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is only a skill that I've lent in the last year. I fully because it's just says a skill, it's an affliction. You're a victim. So okay, I'll just let you talk. No, I can read it again. Are you sure you can?
Speaker 3: Aka?
Speaker 4: You gotta put your listening ears on. Comprehension hats on. To preface this, I don't have an Instagram anymore, but I search on my sister's account for my friend and I came across another person who's been in her pictures. Do you comprehend? Yep, So she goes to her friend's profiles. She sees multiple pickies of her friend with another person, a new friend. But her friend's been saying she's too busy to hang out. Generally, it's come back to you.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of the Banuffi song Tis Tennis Fan, and it's all about how she wants to hang out with her friend, but her friend is not inbining her. It's a great song that sucks. So this person wants to know does she confront does does this person.
Speaker 4: Confront their friend about this thing this situation, even though this person's essentially stalking friend and this person is a guy.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Rooms rove a let it go and b they might be in a relationship.
Speaker 1: So settle down. You gotta let it go.
Speaker 3: You gotta let it go with give it one more chance. I've got a friend who have recently reunited with. We're besties and we fell out. We hung out of the day. It was like nothing changed, amazing, but we needed six months separation, no chatting, some animosity on both sides. Then drop it as soon as you together. You need space.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna lose me, But I'm actually with you on this one. I feel like we have conflated open communication with talking too much.
Speaker 1: Shout up as seeing by this show. Okay, honestly I'm struggling.
Speaker 4: Not everything has to be an open conversation because I feel like a lot of the times we assume that the way we see a situation is the way that it is, and often it's not.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: In this instance, what you're seeing is what is happening. Your friend is saying she's too easy to hang out with you, yet they're making time hand with someone else.
Speaker 1: Should they want to up with you? It's not a good love.
Speaker 4: And you don't want to sit there and have them convince you otherwise, because you know you reality, know your truth.
Speaker 1: I think you need to sit with it.
Speaker 4: Give this person time to shop for you in the way that you need based on what they would naturally do if you're not.
Speaker 1: Front of mine.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, that's not your role at the moment, and it's about how can you handle that, because there's something really frustrating about telling someone how to treat you again and again and again and again. They already know you want to hang out, they already know you want to see each other.
Speaker 1: They're being like, too busy, too busy, too busy, too busy.
Speaker 4: You're not a priority, and it's not hot and it's not sexy, and I wish you some better connections. But in this instance, save your self the potential heartbreak of trying to seek answers that they're going to cause you pain.
Speaker 1: My feeling's hurt for you, but you will recover.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Flegs and Frooms Daily podcast for more Tune needs Kate out on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.