Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's an age old debate that goes around the world and it circles back twice a year. It goes viral. Who pays on a first date? Sorry, it was a rhetorical question.
Speaker 1: I was just saiding it up first date, Come on, boys, like you know, I know that we all ask for equality, but not an efference.
Speaker 2: All So, Laura love your I'm dating men. We're gonna pay twice. He should pay, just the other one.
Speaker 1: The other one that's not you. It's the person who pays.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this isn't what I was going to get into. But I also think the person that pays is the person that initiated the date. So if the woman asked the man on the date, the man can't pay, that's nice, chilly, but I agree, Well, this is serious, Laura. So there's an extension of that conversation that is going around online at the moment, and it's pretty bloody funny. As someone that's been in the dating world, I'm I'm taken now. I'm with my beautiful partner Bend. But I was dating for ten years and I've had my fair share. But this story is going around and it's not necessarily about paying for the date, but it's about when does the offer to have paid for the date expire? Now, what I mean by that is there's a girl that went on a date. Her name is Anna. She went on a date with Jason. Jason is now saved in her phone as Jason with a poo emoji and a red flag. That's how she saved his name, Jason, pooh red flag.
Speaker 1: So away from the smelly red flag.
Speaker 2: So they went out on a date, lovely date, shared drinks and food. He had more. He had one hundred dollars and she spent twenty five dollars of that. Okay, she offers to split the bill at the end, Hey, do you want I'll pay for my stuff, pay for her stuff, not split. Sorry, that's a very big differentiation. So she was gonna pay to buy a bucks He says, like a gentleman, No, no, no, don't be silly like I've got this, which is lovely. The next morning, she wakes up to a text message from Jason Pooh red flag and it says, good morning, I had a great time last night. After thinking it over, I think I will take you up on splitting the dinner. I'm going to the game today and I didn't realize I spent so much last night. Lol, can you venmo me fifty bucks? That's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: And also she didn't spend fifty dollars, why she pay fifty dollars?
Speaker 2: So now he's asking, He's like, actually, yes, I will have money, and I will have more money than you consumed on the night. Oh share her text. She wrote, good morning, that offer expired after we left the restaurant. Have fun at the game, and that's it. Now the conversation is going viral. How can you I mean, I know my answer absolutely not. You can the second you walk out of that restaurant. You cannot message someone the next day, later that night, a week later and say hey, you know what, I will take that money.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you, But this is not a one off case. This happens often where people will say, oh, can you pay for those? And it's petty. It's things like can you pay for the coffees? Can you pay for the lunch that we had? And I'm talking if it's a significant amount of money, I understand, But when it's like a couple of dollars here or there, like why would you want the embarrassment of having to text them again.
Speaker 2: I remember going on a date one the guy asked me on the date, and I'll never forget this. It was just a sandwich and a milkshake. Like that was literally it. I was a grown woman. It was just a lunch date. Quickly, get a sanger and a smithy, sit at the and sit at the bee.
Speaker 1: I get a break. You don't always want to go and have like a drink and a sit down dinner, because that's so much investment. You want to go and have a light little walk.
Speaker 2: Cause we get to the sandwich shop and order, and I get awkward around money, so I just went to pay right because there was this moment where he didn't pull out his card. So I was like, I'll just do it. Two sandwiches, that's it. I went to pay and the lady goes, oh, sorry, it's cash only. I had a giggle. I thought this was funny. And I turned around to him and I said, I'm so sorry. I you know I only have my card. Do you have cash? He rolled his eyes like it was the worst thing, and he's like sure, dramatically went and handed over the cash and it was so awkward. I said, oh, well, I'll get the smoothies across the road and then you know it will be even I'm talking ten dollars each guys. So he was like, that sounds great. Went across to the smoothie shop. I went to pay again and she's said, oh, it's cash only again, and I thought this was hysterical. I just thought, like, what are the odds, it's funny. He literally looked at me and said, are you just taking me purposely to all the places that are cash only so you don't have to pay? Even though he saw me pull my card out, I actually couldn't believe it, and it was I thought he was joking and I was waiting for the laugh, and he didn't laugh. And I said, oh, if you want, I can go past the ATM on the way to the beach and I'll get twenty dollars out. Thinking there's no way he's going to make me do this. We walked past the ATM and he goes, here's the ATM and I had to get twenty dollars out and give it to him. I think I ended up paying more than what the sandwich ends MO to it costs. Then the icing on the cake, He bragged about how many properties he owned the whole time, and then at the end he said, I had a great time. Can I see you again? And I said wrong, computer says no. And so he wanted because I.
Speaker 1: Would have thought someone doing that would be because they didn't want to see you again, but he actually wanted to go another day and.
Speaker 2: To see me again. I'm like, there's a reason you're single, buddy. Oh my goodness. Oh h