Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 3: God frya. Sorry that was lame.
Speaker 4: You're cool.
Speaker 3: I hate myself. Oh no, I don't. I don't. I just know I'm the lame mom of the show, and I play my part, and that's I'm the one that calls a Friday every week, and you're also lame. But I yeah, you're here.
Speaker 4: We all have our roles on this show. We have a printed on a board and we walking with yours.
Speaker 5: I'm still confused, Mitch confused. Yeah, I'm glad that you're bringing that every day, rich and hot. I just stopped someone from having the.
Speaker 1: Worst Friday that they've probably ever had. Going into the word, I just chased a car down the street so I was on.
Speaker 3: The way to work that you had a bad morning. Before I go to work, I have.
Speaker 1: To take my dog, Delilah out so she can go to the toilet so I can come in here and lock her in the apartment.
Speaker 3: So I took her out to do a weird His car drove past.
Speaker 6: Me with their entire lunch on the roof of their car. I'm talking like a Green smooth Greensmooth. It was like, not just for them green Smoothie, three different.
Speaker 1: Coffees some other I'm assuming a very SMOOTHI because it looked red and then and then like paper.
Speaker 3: Bags of their food.
Speaker 1: So they've obviously put all their food on the roof of the car, on the phone or something got into the car and the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Did the smoothie stay upright for the entire journey, It's amazing, everything stayed upright.
Speaker 1: They drove past me and I pulled my phone out to film and laugh, and then I was like, I should probably try and help them, So I started running down show us what you did.
Speaker 3: I was like running down.
Speaker 1: Street and I was like waving my arms and then they couldn't see me, and then they had to stop for traffic, and I ran so far. I was like, I've got it now and out of the time, and I get up and knock in the window and.
Speaker 3: I was like, excuse me, it appears your whole takeaway orders on the roof of your car. They got out there nothing, not one drop spilt. That's amazing, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was mortified because there was a line of traffic. There were cars beeping at her, trying to get her attention, and she was just waving to them.
Speaker 4: No one's going to believe her too, she said Brittany Hocke from the pickup, and I'm a celebrity, to get me out if he saved my Bury Juice movie.
Speaker 3: This was so funny, But nothing's built.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you the amount of times I've left my mobile phone on the roof of the car and just driven around for hours and then being like, oh, that's where that thing is.
Speaker 4: Well, thank god. My parents once left my sister in a swing set at a park, drove off and she was still buckled into the public park swing setchel.
Speaker 5: Speaking of stories from the past, britt told one earlier this week about how she how she got stuck in a sauna, and then we were all sharing stories about how he got stuck in places. And I have a repressed memory that I cannot I honestly can't believe that I didn't remember it at the time. But I once got stuck somewhere and I had to get saved by emergency services.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to tell you guys about it next.
Speaker 4: Tart. Wait, I'm stuck you with the three of you, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Oh, shut up. A funny joke man nexst to Chem' swuer house. Go get stuck there heading today great savings every day, Britt.
Speaker 5: Earlier in the week, you were telling a story about how you got stuck inside a sauna, almost died and almost died what she said, I mean.
Speaker 1: I've probably exaggerated the near death experience, but I did get my life flashed before my eyes.
Speaker 5: Yet I think everyone has like a I got stuck and blah blah blah story, right, everyone has something somewhere where they've been stuck that was inconvenient.
Speaker 3: And I went home and I was talking to my husband.
Speaker 5: I was telling him about you getting stuck in the sauna, and he goes, oh, so you told that story. And I was like, what story. And he's like, oh, you tell the story about what happened to in your twenties. And I was like, what on earth are you talking about. I had repressed this memory, purely, I think from the trauma, but I can't believe at the time when we were talking about being stuck in things, I didn't think of this. So when I was in my twenties, i'd just come back from a holiday and I had like my big suitcase. I've been away for a couple of months, so like, I had a lot of stuff with me, and I came home and it was late at night, and I was single at the time, and I was living with one housemate who I hadn't seen for like four months either, and I dragged my suitcase inside, and you know when you come back from a big trip, but you come back without anyone to come home too, it's kind of a little bit lonely, like.
Speaker 3: You kind of want people to be like, oh, you're back, it's my entire life, Yes, please go on, little sash. There was none of that.
Speaker 5: I'll walk into my bedroom and everything was just as it was before I left it, which was a little bit messy, and I unpacked my suitcase. I just kind of pulled all the dirty stuff out, so there was crap everywhere. But it was already pretty late at night, so in my mind I was like, Okay, I'm going I'm gonna just do this in the morning. I go to bed, turn all the lights off. It's the middle of the night, about two AM. I get woken up by this bi bibs and there was one of those big ass bumble fly things, you know, the really big ones, and they're just dumb and they and they just fly into the window. And I was completely naked because I at the time, back in the day, used to sleep nude.
Speaker 3: I sleep nude, that's fine. Yeah, So I get up and I walk over to the window.
Speaker 5: And it's one of those old sash windows, because it's an Art Deco old building. So when you pull up the window from the bottom, the top one has a little sash that keeps the top window in place. Yes, so I pull up the bottom window, and some at some point whilst I had been away, and overseas the sash the rope had broken, and down comes flying the top window, and the top window flies down and with such force that it traps all four of my fingers in the window, completely completely shut. I'm in and I'm broken. They were crushed, like crushed and bleeding. So I'm standing there in the window, screaming naked. Were no one coming to help me? And then at the time she's not like screaming how anyway?
Speaker 4: The fly he got out?
Speaker 5: The fly anyway, So I'm screaming directly across from me. My window of my apartment looked straight into another apartment, right, And so it's I'm in the window. I'm probably there for like a couple of minutes screaming, and then I see their light turns on, and then their blind's open, and this man looks at He's like, I can I can hear, Like He's like, there's something looking at me, like there's someone screaming naked in a window. And then his wife, I'm guessing, opens the window. She starts screaming at her husband.
Speaker 1: This is all happening, so Cleck probably thinks the husband's perving on the next it's naked.
Speaker 3: Call the ambulance.
Speaker 5: So anyway, she calls an ambulance. Forty five minutes passes. The ambulance is downstairs banging on the door, and at this point my housemate gets up. My housemate thought I was downstairs drunk and thought I had been calling out from like outside.
Speaker 3: They thought I'd gone out screaming in the middle of the night. Help. I think that means you need help.
Speaker 5: She was like, I just thought you'd been drinking, and I could not be bothered to get up and let you in. She was like, it serves you right for not taking your keys. Anyway, so incomes the ambulance and by this time, like my fingers have swollen up there.
Speaker 3: It's more stuck.
Speaker 5: So income these two guys who are from the ambulance they walk in, they see the mess, and they see me still naked in the window, and they start making jokes like.
Speaker 3: Oh, got it clear a safety path.
Speaker 5: I think they didn't think it was as bad as what it was, or thought maybe I had been drinking, So they move some things out of the way. Anyway, Finally they get to the window and they try and open it, and they can't open the window, and then they start paddicking because at that point I've been in the window for over an hour and half.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonnaus is just how you've got to this point and no one's put any clothes on you. You still your flatmate's there, You've had the neighbors there, now the ambulance men are there.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I had a strong on me by this point in time, so I'm wrapped in a sarong. There was a much that I was also in shock, so I didn't care about the fact.
Speaker 3: That I was naked anymore. Anyway, they end up having to call the.
Speaker 5: Rescue services, the police rescue services in the middle of the night, and I got cut out of a window at three o'clock in the morning and taken to the local hospital.
Speaker 3: And look, you know, still have all my fingers.
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 5: Embarrassingly, the injury was really small, and I just I wanted a worse injury so that the story made sense.
Speaker 3: But it was fine. Laura really was stuck the window. No injuries there.
Speaker 4: If you have that neighbor that witnessed this, and you've been telling your side of the story, please let us there.
Speaker 3: Was a drunk woman trapped in a window in bellvy Hill. Okay.
Speaker 1: Next up on the show, we're speaking to Olympia of the Lands, actress and model. She's on the current show this summer. You know where they have to climb to the Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't have to have a whole lot of money.
Speaker 1: A million bucks in the backpack. You gotta climb to the top of a mountain. We got to betray people and it's it sounds absolutely wild. So we're gonna speak to Olympia next, all.
Speaker 4: Right, joining us after this on the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys might have seen the show that's airing at the moment on Channel nine called The Summit. Now I haven't seen it before this is the second season.
Speaker 3: But it's this.
Speaker 1: Crazy show where you go to the Alps and it's really really rugged terrain in New Zealand and you have to I think there's fourteen contestants. You have cash in your backpack, like a share of a million big ones, and you have to hike to the top of this summit and if you get there, you get whatever money's in your backpack. But just like backstabbing, and you can steal money along the way and people drop out they can't make it, and so you need to try and accumulate as much money as you can get.
Speaker 3: And now one of the contestants on there is Olympia of a Lance. You might know her.
Speaker 1: She's a very famous Australian actress and model. You probably know it from neighbors, but she was also on Playing for Keeps The Last Barbarian. The message we're gonna chat to Olympia today because she is one of the contestants.
Speaker 4: Hi, welcome to the show, Will and pre Hi, Hi guys, how are you we?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm so intrigued as to why you want did to do this in the first place.
Speaker 7: It is such a good show, but I have to admit that going into it. I was supposed to watch season one till I kind of knew what I.
Speaker 4: Was in for.
Speaker 7: I got the gist. I didn't watch the first season in full, but my goodness, I should have. There were so many things that I didn't know. That we were going to be sleeping outside and not intent. I didn't really understand how hectic and hard these very very steep, hight eight hour heights today would be.
Speaker 4: I didn't really.
Speaker 7: I thought there may may have been like an obstacle maybe once every two or three days, but no. We were literally hanging from one hundred meter waterfalls and they're crawling across cliff faces. It's probably the most insane thing I've ever done in my whole entire life. But I guess, all in all, when you complete the impossible, which is what we did, you feel pretty bloody good about yourself after it.
Speaker 1: Helene, I'd love to know how, like, how much a notice did you get from when you sign up to and you start filming, and did you just start training straight away or we're like that it's probably not going to be that hard.
Speaker 7: Two weeks out was when it was like, Okay, we're doing this. Honestly, I couldn't have been more unfit. I just finished like a round of IVF and I hadn't exercised properly for a good six months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Olympia, can you tell us a little bit around why you wanted to talk about that experience and also what it is that you've been going through and how you've been a voice for women who find themselves in a very similar fertility phase of life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean obviously Instagram things like that. It's it's always incredibly polished. And the reason why I kind of wanted to speak about it was because it's I just didn't understand why it was so taboo when no one was really talking about it with so many women are going through the same thing and so many people are having the same struggles as I am, and I just wanted to be a platform where people can, you know, feel heard and seen and and just somewhere to vent really for.
Speaker 3: Those that are listening.
Speaker 1: And you have spoken about it a lot, but you did miscarry twins not that long ago, and I'm.
Speaker 7: On my sixth miscarriage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: But it's so amazing that you're talking about it, because I'm sure you already know but you are helping so many women by voicing this.
Speaker 3: That's so hard.
Speaker 7: I found like, and there was in the very beginning, there's such I don't know what, it's like a shame. It's like you felt shame to say, oh, I've miscarried, or because everyone's reaction to it is so extreme and you're like, okay, you're making it worse for me. But that I'm already dealing with it and you're kind of pity doesn't help. But if we just like, you know, we obviously grieve on our own and with the people that are close to us, but if we kind of just like I just want it to be more open and talked about, so there isn't this oh god, you know, these poor poor people.
Speaker 5: I honestly also think that the feelings don't necessarily come just from pity. I think when you tell that story and you say that you've had miscarriages, so many women whose instant feeling is like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, is because they've been there themselves, and they've also had a carriage and like and I, you know what, We've spoken about it quite a bit on the pickup and also across life on cart like I myself have had multiple miscarriages, and when I hear what another woman has experienced, my very first thought is like, I hate that you went through that and you're going through it.
Speaker 3: You know, it doesn't come from pity.
Speaker 5: It just comes from this like solidarity of like, I know that shit you're in right now, and it's horrible.
Speaker 7: I've been there.
Speaker 3: It hurt, It hurts, it really hurts.
Speaker 7: It sucks. But I guess it's I kind of meant more people that haven't gone through it, and it's not really talked about, so people don't know how to react, and people don't kind of like I said, I don't really know what the right thing today is. But you're right, it's like, oh my god, I'm Jesus, I'm so sorry. I'm here for you if you need me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Olympia, we hope that you win the money, and honestly so grateful that you continue to talk about these things because it's a voice for women who don't feel as though they're at a point where they can yet and it really makes people feel less alone in such a really horrible thing to go through. And the best of luck with the IVF journey, because I know it's a very long and tumultuous journey, so we're going.
Speaker 2: To be too.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: It's a journey.
Speaker 4: You can watch the next episode of the Summon on Monday seven thirty on Channel nine and nine. Now it's Olympia Valance. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 3: Thanks O.
Speaker 4: All right, everyone stand by next. I don't really know how to bring this up. It's something that you guys have had to go at me for off the air, and I'm bringing it to the show. I've I've cleaned out my wardrobe with my boyfriend and apparently I'm in trouble.
Speaker 3: Apparently you're paying him for goods and services.
Speaker 4: That's I'm not paying that. Okay. I need Australia's inputing something because the girls are getting up on me. The woke mob have come to me next on the show. I need the support of a nation. Mitch Nation, Rise up, Mitch Nights, Mitch Nation, these are my fans, come down. Many people are going to rise up the Mitch slaps.
Speaker 3: How many are there?
Speaker 5: Like seventeen Mitch in the Matrix walk crew, girl walkers, Bitchy Mitchie, yep.
Speaker 4: People with good hair and they're a little bit chobby and have a great face.
Speaker 3: Okay, people with not a great sense of humor, got it? Okay, continue on.
Speaker 4: I need your support because the girls are against me. You Britain, Laura. I'm in a new relationship. I'm very happy. It's been nine months. I call him a little saint Stephen because Stephen, my partner, is a saint. He's the sweetest kindness, is so gorgeous and beautiful.
Speaker 3: Can we just take a moment.
Speaker 5: This is the first time you've ever said his name on air, because for a while there it was situationship and then I think you deeply offended him. Then it was the guy that the guy that you're in a relationship with, And now we can say it.
Speaker 3: It's Stephen.
Speaker 5: But not only is it Stephen, you're calling him Saint Stephen. Yeah, we're going right there.
Speaker 4: Already was a saint. He is adorable. And I told you guys, you said, how is your weekend? And I was like, yeah, I was good, and we were chilling out. Oh redid my wardrobe and You're like, oh, that's cool. Yeah, we did my wardrobe. I got a whole bunch of new clothes. And then I kind of let you in on the fact that Stephen helped me heavily with the redoing of my wardrobe.
Speaker 3: No, you're missing out a point. You didn't say he helped you heavily.
Speaker 5: You said, we redid my wardrobe, we organized my wardrobe. And then as the story unfolded, what you actually meant was that Stephen did the whole thing.
Speaker 3: He did your wardrobe.
Speaker 4: Stephen redid my wardrobe because he wanted to. He's one of those people that are like, you know what, this will gives me great joy to rearrange your wardrobe. He's got that kind of mind that he's like, I want it cleaned, I want it sorted, please, it's a pleaser, yeah, in your relationship. And then he said, you know what, You've got a lot of nice design and stuff in here that's too big for you. Now, why don't we sell it online? I said that's a good idea. He's like, I'll do it for you. So I said, sure, I'd love if you did it for me. That's very sweet. I'll pay you for it.
Speaker 3: What are you paying him?
Speaker 4: Well, we haven't agreed on the terms, but yes he did. He didn't agree on the terms. I said ten percent of the income.
Speaker 1: He can have ten percent of the profit that you make, he's going to earn from doing everything for you.
Speaker 4: We haven't like signed a contract. We're not like beep here talking about oil like it's easy.
Speaker 5: So I just want, I really want people before we before we take sides on this.
Speaker 3: Mitch.
Speaker 5: You're getting your boyfriend to sort your wardrobe to sell all the things on it.
Speaker 3: What's it called?
Speaker 4: Deepop?
Speaker 5: I was like, beepop, you're getting him to sell all your things and then he's going to make ten percent of the profit.
Speaker 3: And then what's he going to do with that ten percent of the profit?
Speaker 4: He said, maybe we go on a nice date night together.
Speaker 1: So then you're going to make him do the work, sell it for a minimal amount, and then the middlem amount that he may he's going.
Speaker 3: To take you to dinner, is going to do have We haven't organized it.
Speaker 4: We just just the main issue here is you're like, you can't make your partner do things for you. You can't make your partner work for you and pay them, which I think many people do. And I'm thirteen one six five. If you do it and it works for you, support me, Mitch Nash.
Speaker 1: Can I just say the level that Saint Stephen has gone to so I actually texted Saint Stephen because I wanted to be on his side. I just said blink twice if you need help, because I just wasn't sure if he was slopped in a basement somewhere. He sent me back screen shots the work that he's doing his next level. He has made complete spreadsheets of the brand, the sizing, the listing description. I've got things like as color, iconic, hot girl walk, custom blink T shirt. That's Mitch's person and I love that.
Speaker 4: I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 5: I love that you put iconic with he wrote iconic. How much you're selling these things for as well? I mean anyone who wants to get some five XL shirts. Mitch's selling all his old water because you are spelt studios.
Speaker 3: It is so.
Speaker 4: Hot on he He did this because that's what held on incomes of support.
Speaker 3: Wait, why are you giving him ten percent?
Speaker 4: You have all of it?
Speaker 3: Doesn't but now we can have all of it. We can have funnels back into your account.
Speaker 4: Man, Rebecca, you've joined the movement? Do you pay your partner for goods and services?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: He pays me.
Speaker 3: What does he pay you for?
Speaker 2: Well? Look, he he doesn't do this now, but a couple of years ago he had his own business and he would, yeah, just get me to help him for a couple of hours at a time. But in saying that we are a one income household, so he doesn't pay me in cash, he would just say, oh, you know, why don't you get your nails done?
Speaker 3: Or why don't you think that it is more like a tax deduction dodge.
Speaker 1: Also, I think I think actual work is different, Like that's an actual physical job.
Speaker 3: Mitch is just make him do housework.
Speaker 4: And he's also called producer Grace. She said to me, no one's ever called this much for a segment. We're getting thousands. Of course, Emily, this happens to you as well in your relationship.
Speaker 7: It does.
Speaker 8: So I pay my fiance to do work on my full drive car or like install things on the car instead of going to an actual mechanic. Is he a mechanic, No, he's an electrician.
Speaker 3: So how much do you pay it?
Speaker 8: It kind of depends on what I ask him to do, Like if it's like I think I've paid him like two hundred dollars to install a snorkel on my car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I do that, Emily and would you say you have a deep intimate love and connection.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: It's a richer level of relationship.
Speaker 3: I don't mind.
Speaker 1: I think it's amazing that you're compensating Steven for his efforts, because it sounds like he's going to do it anyway, right, So I think that's brilliant.
Speaker 3: He's getting extra cash.
Speaker 1: What I don't think is brilliant is you putting the prerequisite in there that money has to be funneled back into you in some capacity.
Speaker 4: That's where I have the pro I'm taking is to the legal courts.