Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know you're thinking, why do you guys sound sexy today? We both have come down with it mess.
Speaker 1: I mean, I haven't heard the tapes yet. Does it sound Mickey, I think it sounds sexy.
Speaker 2: It's giving Scarlett yohannesson.
Speaker 1: Well, someone out there is going to say, oh, girls sounding sexy this week.
Speaker 3: I just know it.
Speaker 2: Just wait for three people the other say this is great in listening. I'm sick of this nah positivity only. I want to come to everybody with a bit of an investigation. I would say that I have an investigative journalism streak in my blood. Yes, I did work as an online journalist.
Speaker 1: For quite a few years.
Speaker 2: Half of it was ripping stories off the ABC.
Speaker 1: But I digress and she'd do it again, and I said, let's go back.
Speaker 2: No. So Micky, our producer, came to me with this idea that I had actually been thinking about the previous week, because we are the same person. Micky said, I've had this discussion before with my friends and it got brought up again and I'd like your thoughts. Let's say you're on a date, things are going well, the date is coming to a close. Your date gives you a loving look and then says can I give you a kiss? Initial thoughts flex will leave it?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Is this icky?
Speaker 2: Lol? All my friends think so, but me, as an anxious girl, it's never really worried me. To be honest, I've always said yeah and then oh, use the spanner to be honest. I've always said yes, even though I don't want to kiss.
Speaker 3: Lol.
Speaker 2: Problematic within itself.
Speaker 3: Loll a double lol, the double lot self awareness work. That's self awareness.
Speaker 1: What's it called?
Speaker 2: Like self awareness?
Speaker 1: But you don't do anything with it? Self awareness? Yeah, that's the basic strain.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything depends if you like someone. It's like if someone comes in real red hot. If they're hot and you're attractive to them, nothing is too red hot. I think if you need to ask can I kiss you? Half of the time it's because you're socially anxious, and this is where I'm like.
Speaker 1: I love when you start doing math. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thirty percent of the time is when a guy is trying to be smooth and he knows that you're going to pick up on like can I do this? Like consent core.
Speaker 1: Or the other twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Last twenty is like a guy knows that you don't want to kiss, but he can't help himself.
Speaker 3: That should account for more than you think. We're not going to assume consent or whatever. But generally when the can I kiss you is coming out, it means you've assessed, you've done all the body language cues.
Speaker 1: He said, yes.
Speaker 2: Verbal verbiage only accounts of seven percent of communication, but I need that.
Speaker 3: You assess the body language not really eating the verbal communication is not really giving an impressions. She wants to kiss me, you thought, let me just ask, because you know what women can't do, what can't they do make themselves comfortable? Look, this can I give you a kiss? Has happened once in my life, and unfortunate it's happened in the last three months.
Speaker 1: I swear to you, babe.
Speaker 3: It was the most out of body experience, and from doing like our show in particular, I didn't realize I had such an expressive face.
Speaker 1: Babes.
Speaker 3: I literally think that I'm so mysterious in the face, so you could only imagine me on this date that I'm just like not vibing at all.
Speaker 1: He's like, so, where do you want to go next. I'm like, I'm going to head home.
Speaker 3: He's like, okay, cool, cool, Like which direction? I said, oh, oh good, Like I'm just gonna get an uber. And this is the kind of date where he kept doing all these things that would appear chivorus if I was keen. But he wasn't concerned about my comfort. He was concerned about being perceived as like an upstanding person. It's like, here, do you want my jacket? I don't want your jacket? I really don't. Gets up, puts his jacket on top of me. Now now I'm nursing your jacket. Now I've got a responsibility. Anyway, it was can I give you a kiss? And I was like, I can imagine my face would have been like huh.
Speaker 1: I'm like and I said, a kiss, just like that a kiss? And what did he say? He's like, yeah, I look a smooch.
Speaker 3: A smooch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I said, you're so crazy. Did you do it? I said you? And I said to my cheek on low please, I'm just a girl, listen.
Speaker 2: So I have skin in the game when it comes to this, because I actually perpetrated this affront to humanity.
Speaker 1: Wow, mere weeks ago?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So fresh? Okay?
Speaker 2: So I was on a date. Yeah, I had already kissed this person before a partner.
Speaker 1: If you.
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Guys laughing again? Who are they?
Speaker 2: It was a guy and we're sitting at a bar type situation and I asked him, yeah, can I.
Speaker 1: Kiss you now? And he was why are you asking?
Speaker 2: But he was quite polite and chivalrous about it. It was kind of like, Oh, you don't have to ask me if you want to kiss me, and why were you asking?
Speaker 1: I felt very.
Speaker 2: Comfortable in that moment, but I like, I didn't know how to like lean in, and I kind of like, sometimes I like to feel like they know what I'm going to do next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're not just blindsided into an intimate moment exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I want him to know that that's I was feeling these amorous type feelings.
Speaker 1: And then we love that word.
Speaker 2: It's nice, isn't it. Then we got onto the topic of kissing generally, and he was like, would you rather we kiss and we keep our eyes open the whole time, leaning and to kiss each other, or would you rather we kiss eyes closed from a distance?
Speaker 3: Because we're talking about would you rathers okay? On account of three, everyone say their answer ready.
Speaker 1: Mickey mic on three two?
Speaker 2: Oh are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're freaky? Are you serious? Babes? I love eyes.
Speaker 2: Have you ever experienced the pain of you're going to kiss someone and you see their eyes go cross eyed? We will say you get so close? I was like, oh, dissociating naturally, this was my riz. As you know, game is a bit pecular at times.
Speaker 1: Why did we then.
Speaker 2: Have to act out ten different times? Okay? Now I try eyes closed? Okay, now one of us open eyes? Have we thought it was the best idea of I love it.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious, a little type of weird, one of mine, one of mine.
Speaker 2: So I realize it's in nick territory. It doesn't matter as long as the kiss is good. Do what the hell you want with your eyes. It is very nice to look at someone in the eye. Prolonged eye contact is vulnerability and it's sexy.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm very opposed to eyes closed, and I'm very opposed to things that take people out of what's happening.
Speaker 1: Presently.
Speaker 3: When you close your eyes, you zone in on a sense of something, and often that sense is like it's all physical and it's nothing about the person and the experience. It's just like, ooh, nice, touchy. Open your eyes back here, pay attention. Now close them again. But back here, Now close them again. Because I can recall, especially when I was younger, let's say, when I was like twenty or something, I definitely used to use eyes closed time as like a recalibrate, recalibrate and freaking out.
Speaker 1: This is cereal. This is cereal, and.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, babes, you need to get comfortable in your environment. It's no time for hiding.
Speaker 2: When I open when I'm sleeping, as you know, that mean one eye open when I'm sleeping.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, tune in Deicter on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.