Speaker 1: Welcome to them.
Speaker 2: Christian No show podcast's.
Speaker 1: In about your dynamma about whether or not to pick up a chocolate bar, fun size one on the pavement, one the gutter.
Speaker 3: What in their rappers. I've got to say, they're in their rappers so they are protected.
Speaker 1: I can hear them's voice and the same situation were going. They've got injections these days, with sixty foot syringes.
Speaker 4: They inject them from cars. They get mooks like you or you're calling an easy bark.
Speaker 1: However, it is determined by what the type of chocolate bar is. Right, So I was thinking, right, do you regularly get chocolate bars? I'm every weekend, every single weekend, I will get a chocolate bar. I think I've been doing that since about the age of sixteen or seventeen. I see, it is my treat for the working week.
Speaker 3: I find it really hard to walk through that chocolate and chip without snatching up a little chocolate bar for Jackie on the way through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. I say, it's a gift to the person doing the shopping right, right, And it's the only time I would gladly go and do the supermarket shopping when it's the weekend I go. I'll go first of my wife says, have you eaten? Because if I haven't eaten, I get way too much food right to terrible to shop. Yeah, and I always start with the chocolate aisle. Then do the rubbish, like the sort of greenery and the healthy stuff. Oh that's interesting, and Bobby Charles for a forty eight year old man to start in the chocolate aisle.
Speaker 3: Don only get tempted though, by the chocolate bar that's in your.
Speaker 1: Bath, because once it goes in there, I feel like I've already given myself the gift. I know it's there. I can't relax otherwise because what happens if I do all the other stuff that takes off an hour, go in the chocolate asle, and the one I wanted the gift is gone.
Speaker 3: And you see that somebody else?
Speaker 1: I said, ad guy, go and check out the back of each other's No more, that's it. Fresh stuff's coming on a Monday. I can't have that happen. All our good.
Speaker 3: Violet caramels got injected by the six core syringe. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: This is what they do now, all right? Top three chocolate bars.
Speaker 3: Cherry Ripe is at the top for me.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 3: Number two the kick Kat chunky, great chocolate, chocolate bar.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what that is. It's suck your best mate, it's always, it's dependable, it's never going to surprise you.
Speaker 3: Number three is controversial. The bounty.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's my number one.
Speaker 3: No, I love some people can understand the required taste that you need for a bounty, understand shock.
Speaker 1: And I actually think you can divide the world up into those people that like a bounty part and the rest of us, smart ones that don't care too much Coconut in the mix.
Speaker 3: There is a lot of coconut.
Speaker 1: Where's mister chocolate. He's just on the outside. He's just core text.
Speaker 3: It's a good mix.
Speaker 1: People don't like coconut.
Speaker 5: It's like a big mushy pillow. And then there's that beautiful chocolate after taste.
Speaker 1: Chocolate should never be the after taste. It's the foretaste.
Speaker 3: All right, So, Jackie, but your I'm a cherry ripe, kick Kat bounty.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Patsy? What are you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Bounty is number one, cherry Ripe is number two.
Speaker 1: Yeah? What language is that? Creole? Can you never do that character? Again? I don't think that's allowed. What this happened there twenty decades on the radio here, I wasn't doing it. Let's just move on.
Speaker 3: A steel jack.
Speaker 5: Number two is cherry right, but not the dark chocolate one and number three for me again controversial jack. Turkish delight.
Speaker 3: No, I love a.
Speaker 1: Turkeys, oh no, no no, and I love.
Speaker 3: It in a box of favorites, they get left from the bottom of everybody else.
Speaker 1: Because the rest of us could decent. People know that what is that muck in the middle there?
Speaker 3: It's the Turkish.
Speaker 1: It's not the delight, all right? Mine is I'd go Whittaker's Coconut bloc exelling what when it comes to making chocolate? My key, we friends, they know what they're doing over there on that island. That Whittaker's Coconut Bloc is irresistible. Mate. It number two are good for inviting crumble. That's discussed solid number three this is a British chocolate. You've got to go to the special art in certain supermarkets. If my local always they have a little section, the British section double.
Speaker 3: Decker never heard of it would never bother.
Speaker 1: I'll get you one today, okay, get you on today. Can you just try a bite tomorrow. Where do you stand on nouga ah?
Speaker 3: Is it the same as in a Mars bar? Mas Bar would be long on the list of my favorite chocolate bars.
Speaker 1: Mars bars. Once you've had a bite of a Mars Bar for the day, I see the fun size one. I've seen an actual size one.
Speaker 3: Who is eating that?
Speaker 1: All right? Hero? Who an Mars bar? And they must be doing very well. They're making a lot of money the Mars Bar corporation. I've never seen anyone just walking down the street actually plowing through a Mars Bar. I'd have to rest for the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: So if a double decker is anything like a Mars bar.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's not. It's got the new car honeycomb nutty mix is perfection.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it's Snickers.
Speaker 1: No, that's too sickly for this correspondent and the chocolate world. I'm gonna bring in double deckers today for both of you guys.
Speaker 3: The only thing I'll say is British people in the past who have come in contact with have said that their cabri is superior to our cabre.
Speaker 1: It's different. There is it a one key ingredient which is different, which is why if you were asking me this question in the UK, that's that's a fun scene. I would have dairy milk through nutbar at number one. Here it's different. I go to my good friends in New Zealand, the Witchakers Corporation, happy to be a happy to be a spokesperson for free if I get a lifetime supplant.
Speaker 3: That British persons, They wait, do you have this Cabri from the UK? And I had it and it was it was like all right, yeah, that's normal Cabri.
Speaker 1: To me, this feels like a story someone tells you at midnight at the bar. What has this got to do with anything? I met this British person once you don't know them and hiss anyway, It's started with that strange character earlier? Is he coming on every week? Rank your top three chocolates? Do not pick up the phone. If you like a Bounty.
Speaker 2: Book Christian Connell Show, bring.
Speaker 1: Them top three your favorite chop three chocolate bars, Jackie Boy Yours once more.
Speaker 3: Cherry Ripe at number one, the Ki Kat Chunky at number two, and the Bounty at number three.
Speaker 5: Patrina Yes, Bounty number one two, Cherry Ripe three, the Turkish Delight.
Speaker 1: I know it didn't take us long to come up with our top threes, did it. You just know what they are. Whittaker's Coconut Block for me, vite it crumble and then the double decker. Uh? Who you go here? Mics Texans San, Good morning guys. Turkish delight but frozen.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll have to try that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I just said without Sir Mike's recommendation. Let's go do Nick here?
Speaker 6: Come on in, Nick, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good mate. I'm curious to hear your top three chocolate bars. Off you go.
Speaker 6: Top is Chekuto, second is cherry Ripe, and third is Bounty.
Speaker 1: Interesting. What is tikito chikuto is?
Speaker 6: It's almost hard to describe, but it's a bit of a chocolate bar that's got sort of cocoa pop sensation on the outside, coders in chocolates the internal with soft and creamy biscuity style center. It's it's amazing. You've got to try it. I reckon I'll get eight ten at a time if I had the opportunity.
Speaker 1: I have to say for that on the spot description you sold that to me. I will be trying that the next couple of days. That sounds great.
Speaker 6: Ah, it's fantastic. I'm telling you everyone needs to give it a guy and they'll change their mind on what their top chocolate is.
Speaker 3: I guarantee it, Nick, I can hardly picture it. Do you have to go to a specialty stored by it? Or is it in the normal chocolate aisle?
Speaker 6: No, No, they're currently they're in the normal chocolate I reckon. They disappeared for a couple of years. They weren't very popular, and I was very disappointed. But now they're back in action.
Speaker 1: They got they've opened up the warehouse factory doors once more, Chikito's will come out.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go, Nick, Thanks mate, No worries.
Speaker 1: What kind of specialist store do you think you go to to get under the counter chocolate? So some guy going in waiting till these stores empty.
Speaker 3: These are meant to be off the shells. They took them off, the.
Speaker 1: Fell off the back of a lorry Jonah. Yes, I'm good. Top three chocolate bars.
Speaker 6: Number three will go the Curly Whirly Yes, great one, Number two the Snickers mm hmm, and number one the Twirl.
Speaker 3: You've let yourself down with the twelve. The twirl is just chocolate. They've not added anything into that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's a good thing.
Speaker 6: But the toil it's got, it's like a flake. It's case in that chocolate.
Speaker 1: It's the casing, isn't it's the casing.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not a it's not flaky like the flake. It's clean, easy, it's the chocolate cousin of the quassant. You're gonna have that alone, alone, somewhere right and be naked because whatever you're wearing will get contaminated with that, either the flake or the.
Speaker 3: Quant You need to yourself.
Speaker 1: Eat it over a bin.
Speaker 3: A twirl is a friendly a flake, but both of them are just chocolate at the end of the day, in a different variation.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Do you know what? We need to revisit the twelve? We need to give older chikito? Is it? I go tomorrow morning? We need to try these. Okay, Jonah, thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Keny. Hello, Hi gang, morning, Kelly. Welcome to the show. So Chocolate Bars Top three.
Speaker 7: Okay, first of all, I have to say the Turkish Delight is the worst Patsy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but that worse. It would have feared that my fellow Turkish delight haters have woken up.
Speaker 7: Yes, worst whatever, okay, Top top three, Number one the crunchy get in any because yeah, the honeycomb kit, some parts of it can melt in your mouth and the other parts can be hard. It's just amazing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I love to do with the honey honeycomb is when you snap it in half? Right, you just put your tongue on that exposu bit the so honeycumb justis.
Speaker 7: I agree, Christian, Definitely a.
Speaker 3: Couple of two people have done that. But all right, Kelly, if you say you've done it as.
Speaker 1: Well shopping this, I'm bringing you in a crunchy by just put your tongue at batteries when you were kids, just lit the end, can the spoon? Sorry, Kelly? Where were we? Crunchy number one?
Speaker 7: Yes, number one, number two Christian, this is UK chocolate a topic.
Speaker 1: Bar Yes, Nouga is back, Yes.
Speaker 7: And hazel nuts yeah, just amazing.
Speaker 1: And don't forget if you got the third one there coming to the party, mister caramel come on board.
Speaker 7: Yes, and number three Terry's dark chocolate orange winner, one of.
Speaker 1: The greatest Easter eggs you can have. Yeah. Yes, all those slices, the slivers, Yes, where do you get one of those from? By the way, you ordered.
Speaker 7: The topic bars and the orange chop.
Speaker 1: That Jack goes to.
Speaker 7: No, you have to order them online at a place called Joys Online.
Speaker 3: Too hard.
Speaker 1: The entry level is too hard for chocolate amateurs, but as proper lovers it's not too hard. I will be going to Joys Online. Correct, got it, I'm on it. Okay, Kelly, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for the chocolate consensus this morning.
Speaker 2: Everyone well Christian no Connell Show Podcast