Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We are lucky on this show.
Speaker 3: Every day we get great stories from you guys, right, But sometimes there are stories that are so vivid they burrow their way into your memory and they can't get out again, like some kind of memory. Ear one that story about three hundred red backs in the wall will haunt me, not stay with me, haunt me forever. So much so I'm starting to think about moving back to the UK.
Speaker 4: It is me.
Speaker 3: I heard that it's sunny, reminded me this place is so dangerous. It's the kind of story that will come to us at night when all the lights are off. Tonight, Jack, when you do that check of the house, the doors of luck, now check all the walls for redbacks?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, living in the wall. Yeah, but they're more scared of us than we are, not three hundred of them bread numbers. Let's is he?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: How is he?
Speaker 2: Why did you have to leave your house?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: This was when I was a kid in London, Christian and my dad went down day because all those English housers have really big basements and he found bullet casings. Yeah, and she's got a specialist in and it turns out there might be an unexploded bomb in the basement.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So they got the specialist in. We had to be evacuated, and they evacuated the two houses next to us as well, and they got specialist in. But it turned out it was fine and it was just like the outside of the bomb.
Speaker 2: So what was it? A World War two bomb?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they think.
Speaker 2: Did they have to send that robot in who diffuses it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess they did.
Speaker 1: They didn't let us be.
Speaker 5: There when they did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're diffusing a bomb, you can't be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hurt Locker, isn't that guy? And so other people like walking with him going so it's a real bomb, is it? Shall we just blow us all up as we have a look at this? Gays get a quick selfie as you with that arm and that while you're in that big old suit?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, your story mate, have a good day. Thank you, Michael. Why did you have to leave your house?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 6: Christian?
Speaker 4: Hi, run. We were on a holiday about nearly ten years ago now, but when our kids were little, and we drove back and we got back quite late at night, and we thought someone had got into the house. But what we discovered was in fact that a possum had been living in our house while we'd been on holidays for a good few days. So the house was pretty much destroyed. It had spent three days trying to get out of the house. No nested made a nice little home for itself and my son's cots.
Speaker 6: We saw it.
Speaker 4: She put the kids back in the car and went to her mum straight away. I put a bike helmet on and grabbed the fire poker and went looking for this thing.
Speaker 2: And what an image.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my brother in law came to the rescue and we.
Speaker 6: Were looking for it.
Speaker 2: We had a cycle helmet on as well. The pair of you were there.
Speaker 4: I'm not exactly what we did. We thought this thing called attack us, but then finally arrived and all he did. All he did was put it back in its tree. And he could see the look on my face and he assured me that that's what had to happen, otherwise more parsons.
Speaker 2: Did he have a bicycle helmet on as well?
Speaker 3: Each of all three of you like cowering behind each other, You are the front with that fire poker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we had to move out.
Speaker 4: We were out of the house for at least a week up to about ten days. We're in hotels and things because they had to There was painting in there to be done. Carpet replaced with.
Speaker 2: The what's the phrase, run a mock?
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to say, I've never said it before. Run a mock in there and obviously looked like Goldilocks. They tried all the beds, thought to have this cat is sick. I'm living in this um.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Once you go back, you can't get back.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael, great story. Thank you very much. You give us a call mate mate, Thank you, James. Why did you have to leave your house?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, when we were about twelve years old, my father and his brother went fishing for a week and dropped off my cousin, Renee. She is about the same age, and she bought with a Rodney the rat, a little pet rats, little a thin I don't know who, might have been about twelve fifteen centimeters long, and he used to sit on her shoulder. One afternoon, Rodney were missing, and we're looking for Rodney everywhere. I don't know how all over the joint couldn't find Rodney.
Speaker 2: I'd let him go pet rat.
Speaker 6: Mum wasn't that upset about it, but Renee was pretty devastated. She's looking for a rat, and we're looking for the rat. Around about seven eight o'clock that night, we hear that we hear this scratching and screaming around the back of the bookshelf. Are you diddy? We found the rat? So stick our head down there and couldn't find it. Calling out to him, Renee gets the torch and shines it down the back of the bookshelf that he can see the little red eyes looking back. Because that's strange that Rodney's not coming, She puts her hand down the back of the bookshelf, right up to her shoulder's lenk, grabs the rat by the head, only to realize that the rat no longer has fir or is. She's actually grabbed the head of a snake.
Speaker 2: Stop, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: There was a snake living behind the bookshelf that we know got of it. It's just eating their pet rack.
Speaker 3: What kind of snake was it?
Speaker 6: Well, we didn't hang around to find out.
Speaker 3: Are any cuddly friendly ones in this country.
Speaker 2: You were the first attach that you deal with it.
Speaker 6: Enjoy your new peak python the python.
Speaker 2: So it was a python.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It turned out some bloke come around the next morning and pulled this thing out, isn't it It was? I look, everything seems big when you're twelve, but six foot long python. But it does explain weirdly about the only house in the street. They didn't have pigeons or possums in them.
Speaker 2: So he actually lived lived in your house, live in like a cruel space.
Speaker 6: Has been there. Well, we don't know how long I've been there, but it made itself mastertal spot. There there was through the floorboard of the Queensland was elevated Queensland as they could kind of come and go as he please.
Speaker 3: I was about to say it kind have been here with tire because when we went up traveling to the Danetree Forest, we stayed in this little rental.
Speaker 2: Right now, as I was checking out, the guy goes, uh, he made you to meet the pie. And I thought he was joking, larking character, and.
Speaker 3: He goes and he goes, no, did you see the python? I went where he goes, it's in it's in your cottage. I went, what do you mean? And we walked back in. Now he just pulls this flimsy sort of doorway across and like a cruel space.
Speaker 2: To the bat and there's a flipping python in there, just clear to guess. My wife was in.
Speaker 3: The car as we're driving away, because I was just shrink, you're right, and I went just keep driving, keep driving. Chals my wife. She burst into tears. She pulls over and goes, chick under the car, chriss over there. That is some sorry, James, some sorry James. Yes, we love your story so much, we're gonna make you our instant caller of the week.
Speaker 2: One thousand day.
Speaker 3: Peter, the Python story gets you an install one thousand dollars for our corner of the week. Well, thanks to Mercedes Benz Berricks. We're two ways to get more for your trading. Why would you go anywhere else? Mercedes Benz Berit, James, great story, well told, enjoy your one thousand dollars mote.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get by.
Speaker 2: That's it. Python's win cash on this show.
Speaker 5: Ber you're listening to The Christian O Carl Show podcast