Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on d rug Wallamuta Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut. I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and this is ours gun cut. It is our Thursday little therapy session. But we answer you're dack, you dark, you're be any questions, Hi, Brittany.
Speaker 1: Funny is it that we've turned up in the exact same thing?
Speaker 2: Okay? But not only do we show up in the exact same thing, It's not like we're wearing like the black or neutral. We've rocked up looking like we're out a baby boy birthday reveal, No birthday reveal, birth reveal. Well, it's gender revealed. It's powdered blue.
Speaker 1: It's like a powder blue baby blue top and the exact same denim.
Speaker 2: We've got, exact same hair. I think that this just means we spend too much time together all the things we could have worn, of all the very minimal colorful things that we have in both of our wardrobe so I'm usually very nude.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are, Like I'm not, as in naked, always naked and naked.
Speaker 2: She's always here with no clothes on. No, but I'm very neutral. Yeah, I'm very black.
Speaker 1: And we've turned up in the exact same thing and we just did Okay, we just did an amazing interview with Matthew Hussey. And the first thing as we walked in like he's been on the list for so long, it's dropping next week.
Speaker 2: We're very excited. He's an absolute legend.
Speaker 1: But Laura and I walked into each other and we're like, this is so embarrassing, and it looks like we've turned up for the interview in uniform, Like.
Speaker 2: We have a lifelin cut uniform. We've got a pink backdrop, we've got a baby blue top. The first thing we said to him was like, just so you know, like this isn't a uniform, which, to be fair, he did not care. We did care, but we did were like this was our big shot.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah, we just spent too much time together and we're turning into the same person. And soon I am also going to start laughing like a kooker bar.
Speaker 1: Oh please don't do that. But so funny you say that. I've been getting a lot of messages lately. I don't know if it's just that it's the podcast has been going for nearly four years, so I don't know if it's timing thing, But so many people have been writing to me saying that they have somehow started laughing like me, like they're good. They've picked up the line I'm here for this is good. Spread it around like the seed it is. You can avoid picking this up. Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it? Because there is no antidote. There's no treatment for this. There's no cream it's going to help you.
Speaker 1: There is no treatment, there is no clinic you can go to to detox.
Speaker 2: This stays with you forever. Can I just say when I say your cuook a burro, laugh before anybody slides into my DMS and tells me how many I am to you. It's an in joke. It's because somebody once wrote a review saying that brit sounds like a cooko bar and now we all giggle about it together. Also, a coook a barro is a very treasured national animal, isn't it. It's also I'll tell you a hot tip, you guys, can have this one for free. It is the world's biggest kingfisher, is it? That's good? Thank you for bringing that.
Speaker 1: Lad.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. I know you come here to have your questions answered, and let me tell you I know some stupid fats. Okay, David Ibro, what else have you got? Ma? Justic cuok a bar? Do you know? Lies over? What's the only animal?
Speaker 1: Just while we're on animal facts, what's the only animal with four legs that can't jump?
Speaker 2: No, that's not the fact. A wombat? No, that's not it.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: What's the only animal? Also?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: No, I've got it. I've got it, bra. What's the only animal with four knee caps? With four knee cabs? Yeah, four knee cabs.
Speaker 1: I think it also can't jump. It could be the same fact I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only animal with four knee caps an elephant? Damn it? Wow, I really am You know. I was super into biology as a kid. Like with fourneecaps, jumping is in about biology? Yeah? Animals is biology?
Speaker 1: Brou you learn about an elephants neecaps in biology at school?
Speaker 2: I would love to have been a biology at university. Yeah, that was the thing.
Speaker 1: So you learned about elephants at university, and then you went on to work at the hearing company, okay, and then I.
Speaker 2: Became a jewelry designer and now I talk about fucking sex and missionary for a living. Yeah, that is so only missionary though, I don't talk about the other sex only She she.
Speaker 1: Just had to show us her sex position, favorite sex position was, which is the loadus?
Speaker 2: Can we? Okay? The reason why Keisha had to show us her favorite sex position, which was the loadus, is because we did this interview with Matthew Hussey. It was a great interview. We had to do it by riverside, which is kind of like Zoom but for podcasts. We did it on BRIT's computer and I took a photo of the screen, and it was only after take a photo of Matthew. And it was only after taking a photo of the screen that I realized not only did Britt have a tab open, it was bookmarked as like a saved important website Butterfly sex positions, and that was like the main bookedmark website that Britt has on her chrome. Explain yourself, Well, I would.
Speaker 1: Just like to know what the problem is, She said, my sex position, it's not like I'm having much sex.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'm going I'm going to see them very shortly. I need to know exactly how to do this one.
Speaker 1: It was definitely podcast material for sure.
Speaker 2: Live show live show research.
Speaker 1: Would have been live show research. And I to be honest, I'm not that great with technology. I don't think they even know how to bookmark something well. And that's why it's been there since last September.
Speaker 2: Because now I don't know how to get written. I think you just exit out. But Ben will love that. Ben'll love that. He thinks I'm here researching sex positions? Can you can you tell us how the butterfly sex position goes after you try it with Ben? Well, no, I'm not doing it. I no, you only right. You only have one hundred and eighty degree movement from one side to the back to the other. My range of motion, my range of movement is limited. That's what happens in old age guys. Okay, I will let you know how the butterfly sex position goes. Thank you film it, send it only fans. Okay, fine, La, maybe do it? No sign up now? Well, one thing we didn't talk about on Tuesday's episode because you know, we kind of got lost and talked about everything and then you know, it was a very deep episode, but also we covered up a lot of some strange mix of things at the beginning of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, we do do that. We did just get into elephant territory.
Speaker 2: But one thing I wanted to bring up that you were working on. If you followed BRIT's Instagram over the weekend, she was in the Gold Coast or Brisbane, and I think a lot of people were confused as to why you were in a wedding dress, crying with a bottle of wine and marrying Mitch Churi And I feel like people need to know what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, So if you form my Instagram, you'll see that I was in a wedding dress, drunk, crying straw on my Instagram on the weekend with Mitch.
Speaker 2: It may come as no surprise that Britt did not marry Mitch. It may come a surprise.
Speaker 1: Mitch and I were filming a TV pilot, a rom com, but I can't I'll tell you about that in a second.
Speaker 2: But so many people I shouldn't say so many.
Speaker 1: There were a handful of people that had message saying I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: I thought you had a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I thought Mitch was gay, like people that thought that we were getting married, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, how did you miss? How did you actually think I just got married? Do you think that I'm crying? This is much of a scar? Like is this an arranged marriage? They've been forced into? Like I don't want to marry Mitch, but like all my options are gone now and here we are just doing it. Like what about that photo shoot? Did anybody think that it could possibly be real? That one person? Yeah, that got confused.
Speaker 1: It was the funniest part for sure, but no, so I mean just quickly, Yeah, we're filming a TV pilot.
Speaker 2: It's a I guess it's a.
Speaker 1: Bit Hangovery vibes that vibe but romcom but very modern day Mitch. A lot of people don't know Mitch is an actor. Mitch went to acting school in New York, well before radio.
Speaker 2: He also can sing operatic and see like here the guy is like a full triple threat.
Speaker 1: He's multi talented. Probably can't tap dance, but would give it a try. I reckon you he probably could, so he's done that. He did the all through his twenties and I was just saying before, well before the Bachelor, well before the podcast, I was at acting school all around the world, over in Scotland, Nia, here in Australia. Screen Wise, we both did a lot, but we just fell into different industries. We never really did anything with it, but we always had this passion for wanting to entertain and there's something amazing about being on a set and being someone different.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if that was escaped.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know if that was like a trauma reaction, like I'm trying to run away from my life.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: I enrolled acting Score off the back of my horrid breakup with the sociopath, and it really was. Someone had suggested it, someone had said, give it a go, it's an outlet, and it was and I absolutely fell in love with it. So then Mitch and I met a couple of years ago, obviously, and we just get along like a house on fire. He's one of the funniest people I've ever met, and we've yeah, we've gotten to a position where we're creating something that we were having a lot of fun doing. We think it's great, We're having an amazing time and we have high hopes it's a pilot. So the idea of a pilot is, you know, there's pilot season in different countries around the world where people literally take these ideas and they pitch it. Every show you've ever seen, Friends, the bigges shows in the world, they all have a pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's Chantene do it. They do pilot Week in Australia or the free to air networks do it. So like you create all like different production companies create a pilot and then they will air that pilot on pilot Week and a couple of them get picked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so Mitch and I we have so much chemistry and we love each other and we have a lot of fun in real life, so we felt like it was perfect to take that onto the screen and see if we can recreate it. So fingers we can recreate it, and thing as cross it ends up somewhere.
Speaker 2: I am super excited to see it. I cannot wait. I can't wait to get you know, a premiere screening of the first episode. No, we have been talking about this pilot for literally a year and a half. So if you withhold this from me, I'll be so mad, you know, what's funny? And I used toel like this with the podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you were ever like this, But when I do something, I don't actually want anyone I know to see it.
Speaker 2: Are you like that?
Speaker 1: So when I acted in the past or at the start of the podcast, I didn't want anyone I know to listen or anyone I know to watch it.
Speaker 2: But I want other people to. It's so weird. I will never watch myself and be like, great, I can't wait to show people. Never.
Speaker 1: I will never, ever, ever, ever ever do that. In fact, i'd probably make it to Hold. Probably if I made it to Hollywood day, I.
Speaker 2: Will probably make it. Do you know what? I'm making it to Hollywood? Want anyone to watch my movies?
Speaker 1: What I was going to say is no, because I've heard a lot of people in Hollywood, a lot of actors will say they won't watch their own movie. I reckon I would be that person. Even if I was the biggest actor in the world.
Speaker 2: I don't think i'd ever watch it. I hate looking at myself on screen. It's so weird. I hate listening to myself. Dude, do you ever listen to our podcast?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 2: I wish you did, of course I listened to the episodes back.
Speaker 1: Sometimes this sounds like a weit first, but sometimes like I'll hear us and I'll laugh like it's not even us. I'll be like, these chicks are whack, That's what I'll think, and I'm like, oh, hang on, now that was me.
Speaker 2: Like I would definitely not be friends with them. But moving right along, there's something I did want to talk about today.
Speaker 1: This is a new word that I discovered, a dating terminology, not a sex position. Not well, I don't even want to put it in dating terminology because it's it's gross.
Speaker 2: But it is. I mean, it is a new dating terminology and it's something to be very wary of. Yeah, look it's the term. I've read it.
Speaker 1: It's come up online, it's come up on read, it's come up on the news. It's not a good thing. It's called chad fishing. Chad is in my first ever person I kissed when I was eleven, his name was chad fishing, as in the sport you do when you catch fish, chad fishing.
Speaker 2: Chad fishing not to be confused with catfishing. No similar as a starting point, but very different. I know that you well it's not actually that differ and it's catfishing.
Speaker 1: On steroids, that's what it is. It is similar to cat fishing, but it involves men from the in cell I n CEO. Now, I actually didn't know what that was either, involuntary celibate.
Speaker 2: So now these are like people who it's kind of like they like they would like to be having sex, but no one's having sex with them, so they're whatever because, like I guess, ultimately they are not as desirable, these kind of in cell groups that exist. It's like generally men that have come together who are very very misogynistic, who hate on women because they feel like women have withheld sex from them. Yeah, and it's like this angry little peatrie dish of the most toxic masculinity that's ever existed. And they're called in cels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe they're involuntarily celibate too because of the way they treat people. Maybe it's their personality, it could be their looks, it could be a whole lot of things.
Speaker 2: But they are not getting the sex they want. But instead of them internalizing that and being like, Okay, well what am I bringing to the table and how am I not being? You know, necessarily somebody that a woman would or a person wouldn't want to have sex with. They internalize that as like, well, there's nothing wrong with me, and women are fucked and they will only date hot men and they only want to have sex with good looking guys, and it's kind of creates this incredibly toxic environment where they're not self reflective, they're blaming women, and that's where the misogyny aspect of this comes in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So these in cell communities, because they are communities online, they set up fake online dating profiles and they pose as a chad. Now a chad is a conventionally attractive male, very cliche sexy friend my experience, No, but they look like a model, they look beautiful, very mainstream people, and they set up these fake profiles off these chads in order to pray on women.
Speaker 2: That is it in a nutshell. But when we say prey on women, I guess, like the thing that makes this different from catfishing and makes chad fishing more insidious, I guess, not necessarily more insidious, but like it takes it into the physical world is that these people the whole purpose that they've intentionally set this up is because they will organize dates. They will create and set a time, set a place, and the female who's being led on will rock up to this date and time. And it's like these chadfishers get off on setting up dates and then intentionally standing up a woman who they see as being below them.
Speaker 1: Well, it's come to light now, It's resurfaced now because this one Australian guy has written in a forum and he's basically shared a step by step guide on how he chadfishes women. So he pretty much is encouraging other people to do this. He's written about how he did it, what he did, He's put screenshots on it's super gross and then there are so many other gross people commenting on it seeing how funny it is. He loves to share the screenshots of their reactions. He loves to humiliate them. And he's not alone. And now this is the fucking cooked thing. There are so many communities with people all over the world that engage in this. These are some of the things he wrote. My hobby is chadfishing hawes. I arrange dates and stand them up at bars. It's fun to deflate their ego and make them waste money on ubers. Fuel and parking. And the way he does it is he explained that he sets up a fake Tinder account by stealing photos he actually stole. I just showed Laura bilties. He was quite good looking, look like a little farmer. But he stole quite a well known American social media guy, Brett Maverick's account. And the reason that this is going to the next level is because if you guys are online dating, you'll know that you have to verify your photo, which is amazing because I'm saying this really is this person?
Speaker 2: I really am me, I'm not a fake. His profile was verified. Yeah, he's gone to the additional lengths of not only just creating a fake profile, but going through the processes of tricking basically the AI system into thinking that the photo that he's provided is real. I don't know if you know this, but like, if you need to verify your profile, Facebook's or instagram sends you kind of like an action that you need to do, so you need to send them back a photo with your arms in a certain position to prove that it's you, because you know, if it's not you, how are you going to send a picture with your face and your arms in a certain way. So what he did is he got the photo of the guy, he then photoshopped the arms in a certain way, and then took a photo of the screen so that way that the photo that he was submitting for verification didn't have any of the metadata that would have been captured if it was a photoshopped image. So he really went entirely out of his way to try and deceive not only the women, but also deceive Facebook and Instagram to get his profile verified.
Speaker 1: This is one of the screenshots I want to show you. Back and forth setting up a date with the girl. He's posted the girl's photo, she's twenty seven, back and forth about meeting up for a date. They organized where they're going, sounds great, see there, And then there's messages when they're on their way, just so you know, I'm leaving soon, you know, just to it's like that almost confirmation, like you've set your date up, you're on the way to bi like, hey, I'm leaving soon. Hey I'm heading out to Then some time goes past and she's obviously at the bar. How far away are you? I'm here, where are you? And then he says, oh, I left, Like so he makes her wait half an hour and then he says I left, and she's she's like, huh he goesh I met another chain instead, She's like, what, you're so rude? He it's not my problem.
Speaker 2: The purpose of this is to make women feel as bad as they possibly could feel.
Speaker 1: They make them wait at a restaurant alone, which is always awkward when that moment where you're like everyone's looking at me, like I'm on my own?
Speaker 2: Are they going to come?
Speaker 1: Then they want to embarrass them and make them feel ashit as they can, like I've gone home with someone else. Some of these texts go on to literally the guy has then gotten a photo of a woman. There's one that I saw where there is a woman bent over. He's obviously taken as off her behind as of a butt. He's obviously just taking it from the internet or who knows, maybe it is his.
Speaker 2: I don't know, na. I mean, the whole thing is that he's unintentionally celibate.
Speaker 1: He ain't getting a butt, that's true, it's from porn half or something. But he sends this photo. He'll literally say the women are like where are you? And he sends the photo back and say I met someone hotter. I've gone home to tap it kind of thing. Like the dumb thing is is like that would not make me feel it. I would be like, you are a fucking loser if some dude send me that. Whereas the other ones that I saw, which were like I walked in, I saw you sitting there and thought you were ugly, so I walked out Like that is so much crueler those ones. I mean, there's been there's so many versions of what these chadfishers do. And I guess the reason why we want to talk about it was because we were like, never in my mind did it occur to me that somebody would intentionally go out of their way to try and set up a fake day to stand someone up, to intentionally hurt them purely because they hate women.
Speaker 2: And these people actually exist.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's not just the hurting. This is the thing they go to the extent of saying, like, you know, where do you live in a city?
Speaker 2: So I'm just going to do Sydney because I know it.
Speaker 1: They say where do you live and they'll say I live in BONDI where do you live? And they'll pretend they live so far away, an hour away, So they'll say, hey, why don't we meet in the middle. Then they'll encourage them to I can't wait to have a drink with you. Let's have wine. They'll encourage them to get the uber because they want them to spend one hundred dollars on an uber to waste their money, because that's part of it. They then go on and say, haha, she spend one hundred dollars on an uber as well. Then I saw her up. Then I embarrassed her. It's crazy to me that it's happening, and it's scary now that it's verified. So that used to be what you could look at on a dating profile. So oh, I feel relatively safe, but I know, like produced Kisher and I when I was single last year, we used to always, you know, show each other who were talking to or who were dating. We used to constantly have these conversations and I remember this one particular one that stands out in my head. It was me that was talking to this person and I said, he's not real, he's not real. Case She's like, yess he is, look at him and I was like, I guarantee you he is not real. And turns out he wasn't we ended up calling him out saying, send us an actual photo.
Speaker 2: Now he wouldn't give us any Instagram.
Speaker 1: But I guess I want to say a few things that I have worked out because I've been on online dating for like ten years and I've had friends that have been severely catfished. I luckily have not, But I can tell some things now to look out for. One of them is it's a big sign. It's not the end of the world. But if someone doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: Give you their Instagram or share their Instagram.
Speaker 1: Or they haven't linked it and you've been talking for a little while, or they say they don't have one, it's pretty rare these days to be in our generation and our age, not even our generation even like our parents and things have Instagram and stuff. Now, if someone's really weirdly hiding their Instagram or it's not linked, it can be a red flag. Another thing is if their photos look like they've been cropped in a weird way. So maybe they look like they've been cropped in or there's not a lot of headroom, or that's a really big sign that the photo has been stolen. The reason they do it, the reason they crop these photos and We did speak about this on the Catfishing episode with Neve. The reason people crop a photo is because you can't reverse image search a photo when the dimensions have been changed, so they'll steal photos. They change, they resize them and change them and then they upload them.
Speaker 2: I realize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I think, like, just get someone to send a verification. Be like, hey, in the next ten minutes, you need to send me a photo of you with your middle finger pointed up to the sky. If they're not going to send you their Instagram and you're going to pay one hundred bucks for an uber somewhere, you need to get proof of life. Baby, you get that finger photo. You get that finger photo. But I also think, I mean, for me, the reason why I thought this was so interesting is because for anybody out there who's ever stood up. And I'm not saying that every single person is a Chadfisher who's been stood up, but like, isn't it nice to kind of reflect and go, you know what, it's not me, it's you. There's a very good chance that if somebody walked into a bar and mean, unless you're a dating profile, is completely not photos of you and you look one hundred percent different. It's very unlikely that somebody has shown up for a date and turned around and said, you know, oh you're not hot enough, and then sent a message like most people are not that cruel, and people who are that cruel usually have a whole lot of other issues that are going along with them. And I think that that's a reflection of the person who is on the other end of it, not the person who's been stood up. And sometimes we can take that as like we're not good enough. We carry that as though it's an insult that we should feel ashamed or embarrassed about, but it truly is the person who does the standing up.
Speaker 1: And in this day and age, your safety is paramount because there's so much shit out there. Don't be embarrassed to ask for a proof of who somebody is. A FaceTime before I met Ben, we facetimed I was not to go and meet some ritten guy. We literally jumped on the phone and had to chat. What you said, Laura, send me a photo right now?
Speaker 2: What are you doing it?
Speaker 1: Verify someone if you're gonna go somewhere and meet someone, if you're gonna go for one night stand, if you're gonna do anything. It doesn't hurt to send one photo. If they're that interested and they're real, they're gonna send the photo back. They probably want to know that you're real too.
Speaker 2: Totally. And I think if anybody ever is like no, I can't, or there's excuses, or they're not able, and what you're asking for is a really reasonable request, it's an insult, then he's a fucking insout, like yes, or he's or there's someone who is lying to you, or they're in a relationship, or there's a reason.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we can get caught up in the idea of like how hot you know their profile is, and you've gotten already imagined like a little date and what your life's going to be like, but you just got married in your hand. Yeah, don't get caught up in like the potential of somebody's dating profile if they're not proving to you kind of that they're real. I think it's so important totally. One of the reasons why we wanted to speak about this is because, I mean, we've been seeing it more and more in the media, but we also have had so many of our life as over the years rid in about being stood up and one of them recently. One of our life is. Her name's Jacinta. She sent this into us.
Speaker 4: Hey, so here I am.
Speaker 5: I was meant to be meeting this guy for a date at six point thirty at this restaurant and I'm here currently it's raining and guess.
Speaker 4: What, the restaurant's closed. And interestingly, he seemed super keen. But then he deleted his profile last night and I wasn't quite sure. I thought, look, I'll still turn up because he seemed really keen.
Speaker 3: And I thought that at thirty seven that this stuff will be done, but apparently not. I'm more annoyed because I got my lip and eyebrows waxed. That was probably the most irritating thing. Anyway, I'm going to head home and married at first sight.
Speaker 2: If you were somebody who has experienced something similar, if you're somebody who has been stood up on a date, I mean I would love we slide into the DMS. Tell us like your version of a story of what happened, because I do think that it's something that happens pretty frequently, and I think that there is a level of embarrassment around it, and people don't want to share those stories because they think well, it's a reflection that they're not good enough. Have you ever been stood up on a date? I actually haven't. No, I have been stood at once, really, and we all know it wasn't me, it was him, honestly, No, but I did. I got stood up. I gotoo up at a bar. I waited at a bar for an online day pass. Yeah, just didn't reply, just completely fucking ghosted me. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Do you think he turned up changed his mind or do you think he was a chad fish? Or do you think what do you think it was?
Speaker 2: I mean, potentially I could sit here and try and question maybe he thought I wasn't hot enough when he got there. That could happened, But who fucking knows, never heard from him again, knows Like, yeah, I was at Do you remember the bucket list in BONDI yeah, yeah, I waited. It was there like a month ago. No, it's shut down years ago. I just redid it, Okay, So I got to the bucket list on like a Sunday afternoon. Also gave him my prime real estate of my weekend time, which was so annoying. It was like three o'clock I got there. He was like, I'm on my way, I ordered a drink, I sat down, and then nothing just he was he was on his way. Yeah, we were texting up until and then he I don't think he was ever coming. I think it was a fake Chadfish. I think I was Chadfish. My god, you started the chatfish. You didn't even know it. You're a pioneer, and I I remember being really upset at the time, like I was in my kind of like what I would have been like twenty nine. I think I was, so I don't think from memory that I thought he came. I was like, Oh, this was just this was just a guy being an asshole. Totally.
Speaker 1: I have had last minute cancelations where this is like this is different, but you just made me think about it. When you're like, I gave you my prime time.
Speaker 2: The fucking effort that a girl goes to for a date, oh and a so much more than a guy.
Speaker 1: The hair, the makeup, the thinking of the outfit, the thinking about the date, the location, the clearing the schedule, the shaving, the waxing, the mona.
Speaker 2: Brow of the lip. This is why I think men should pay for the first date, purely because of the amount of time and energy we have to go to to get to that first date. They don't need to They just have to put a shirt on and some shorts and rock up.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't upset that the date canceled right, like whatever, I don't know him. I was like, well, what am I going to do now? I can't waste this face of makeup. I don't waste his hair, Like, I need to go do something now.
Speaker 2: You were fully dressed and ready to walk out the door and they canceled out. Yeah, I would have been.
Speaker 1: About half an hour before I reckon, And I was just like, fuck you because of the time.
Speaker 2: Not because I liked you that much, but like, there's took time. Yeah, I feel like so many people would relate to that totally. All right, Well, before we get into answering your questions, it is time for vibes. But no subscribes because I don't think I'm subscribed. Yeah, no, unsubscribed because I don't think either of us have one again. But okay, I'm gonna kick it off. I am recommending this week. It is basic as it is, the most brain numbing nothing, but it's gonna fill you with so much joy. Go watch season four of Lover Is Blind. I do love Love. You got me onto it because I had never really watched the season before and now I am fucking so hooked and they just like dump enough to like get you addicted and then you have to wait. It's very good.
Speaker 1: I still feel like the first season was the best. No, you have watched the season f I haven't watched this for but the first season was so good because it was new. I felt like they were real. I felt like, you know, I feel like it's like maps. The first season is so good, the Bachelor so good. But then it changes over the years because people want it for a different things.
Speaker 2: Keisha described it as the sugar in her veins that she's no longer getting from her diet. So I feel like that that is Jeffy diet. That is the best review for absolute trash TV that they could be. It's on Netflix. Go and watch it. Love Is Blind season four. All right, Well mine this week my vibe is a book. It is Jay Shehtty's new book, Eight Rules of Love. If you've been following me on Instagram, I've been taking his book with them everywhere, to the beach, to the sauna. I read a lot in the sauna actually, but it gets all sweaty. Yeah, I know, but it's like my only time that I sit down and I'm like, what are the eight rules of love?
Speaker 1: Britt? Well, then you wouldn't want to read the book if I told.
Speaker 2: You, just give me two of them, hook me in one of the ones.
Speaker 1: I love is just really about figuring out what you want, what are your preferences, so you don't go and waste your time on somebody that's not in alignment with you or that might not be good for you.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like a lot of us do that.
Speaker 1: We try and sit in something in the hopes that it might turn into something that we hope it would be. But it's take it at face value. If it's not in align with you, it's not what you want, it's not what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: But you still try. But sometimes sometimes you get distracted by nice abs. Oh my god, heaps of shit. You get distracted.
Speaker 1: Ye, But it's like I on the prize team, put your blinders on, like the horse racing, look straight ahead, don't look out, and keep focused.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I love Jay Shetty. I love the book. So that is my vibe of this week, all right, let's get in to question number one. I've got one that I have some mixed feelings about. Actually, I just have some bad feelings about it. Here.
Speaker 2: It is my best friend is about to have her first child. I am very much child free by choice, and she knows this. I think she's being a bit naive saying that nothing will change when the baby comes. When we do organize drinks or lunch or hang out. How can I ask her not to bring the kid. I understand sometimes she might have to, but is there any nice way to check in and ask if it will be just the two of us. I especially don't want her to bring it to my house. It's not a dog to bring it to my house. Is this the end of our close friendship? Probably? Yeah, it's a newborn. It's a baby. You guys aren't going to the movies on your own. You guys are not going out and getting a little city. This is a new one baby that literally needs it's mom's didty to survive. Okay. The reason why I have conflicting feelings about this is because I'm like, look, yes, your friend is being naive to think that nothing will change. If she thinks that your friendship is going to be exactly the same and nothing is going to change, and you guys are still going to be doing margaritas on Tuesday night. Then she is naive. But when she says nothing is going to change, I don't think that that's what she means. I don't think she thinks that she's only going to see you baby free. I actually think that you've interpreted that the wrong way, because you're gonna have to see your friend and she's gonna bring this baby. Because when you have a newborn baby, it's almost impossible to not have them with you for those first x amount of months and weeks and whatever. I think, on one hand, like obviously we've had we've done interviews on it, we've spoken about loads. It is so fine to be child free. It is so fine to not like kids. It's so fine to not want them in your life. But if the people that you love around you have children, then there has to be some level of acceptance and some level of compromise if you want to maintain that friendship, because this baby is going to be a fucking huge part of her life, and I don't think that she's going to be able to have her friendship with you and have her child completely separate, because if you love her and you accept her as your friend and you want her in your life as well, you're going to have to make some allowances that make her feel like you also kind of like her kid.
Speaker 1: Well, things do change when your friends have babies. And I say this because I obviously don't have children, but I probably have only maybe two friends that don't have children, like everyone in my life has kids. You make adaptations, like you change things, You make exceptions. You don't go out and get drunk anymore. You meet for coffee and lunch and the baby comes, the baby's going to interrupt your conversation. Things are going to have to be canceled. They're gonna have to go home early. These are just all a part of life. And if you're saying, how do you approach the fact that you want to hang out with your friend child free, the friendship's not gonna last, Like your friend will be wildly offended if you say I don't want to hang out with your child free when they've just had a baby, a their hormone through the roof.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to put myself in their shoes here, because I don't know if I said that to you. I have friends who are child free, right, I have friends who want to be child free.
Speaker 1: Fu.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it actually makes me feel if I knew that they never wanted my children at their house because they didn't like my kids at all. And I mean, I know that some kids are harder than others. I it, and I get that not everyone likes everyone's kids. But if I felt like my best friend did not like my children, didn't want them to be around, and never wanted them to be at their house ever, a part of me would feel so deeply offended. A part of me would be like, wow, like how do you why do you hate my kids? And what are you also gonna do?
Speaker 1: Like you're gonna be so so just asking, but like, is Rosie going to be coming with you today?
Speaker 2: Yes, Rosi is two weeks old. She will be coming with me. Are you gonna pay for half the babysitter? Like if she has to leave the kid at home every time you hang out, does that mean that you're gonna help pay for the babysitting of this child.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit ignorant and a little bit naive to have that expectation, then that will be a thing in your friendship. It's something that you do have to accept that life does change when people have kids. Whether you want to accept that or not, it is life. And I have had friends in the exact same position. I have had friends that have said to me like, absolutely nothing is going to change, like nothing, I am going to be one of those mums where like I don't work around my baby. May baby works around me, and they're the first people to be like, we're I had no idea, Like that is not how it works. I will do anything to work around my baby. Said it at sleeps so today. So it's you know, living a healthy, stable life and.
Speaker 2: Just to make your life easier because it's so fucking hard in the first few months. Actually it's still hard and I'm three and a half years in.
Speaker 1: If anything, you need to maybe step up a notch. Maybe you need to go visit her, take her a coffee, take your friends some lunch, because she's probably gonna be run off her feet and not want to leave the house for a little while.
Speaker 2: I mean this is not to say that you're not gonna have kid free time with your friends like in four years, like of course, you're gonna have time, and you're gonna have a relationship where you're able to still see your friends and have time without kids around. But I think that if you are expecting that your friendship will only be able to stay as strong if it's on the conditions that she shows up in that friendship child free, I think that is like the friendship is not gonna work out. It's you're not gonna stay as close, and unfortunately, your friendships are not going to weather the seasons of life if they come with that caveat. Because a lot of people have children, and a lot of people also want to be around their kids. You know, they want to be able to have friendships where they can share that with their children and also have independent adult relationships and friendships where they can go out for drinks with their friends. You need to be able to do both. I think we've answered that one. It's silly, but I feel like it's the person who's written I feel like the person who's written in the question is more the problem here. Is that a mean thing to say?
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you, but benefit of the doubt. Maybe this person hasn't had a friend or someone close in their life that has had a kid before, because the way they've written question makes me think that they haven't been exposed to children to a large level, because it's.
Speaker 2: A strange question to us. I especially don't want her bringing it to my house. What do you think it's gonna do. It's not a dog, it's not gonna rip your like like, it's a baby in a carrier that's probably gonna be asleep. It's in a sleep, yeah, Or on the titty. Let's not gonna do a lot. I understand if my friends don't want me to bring my three year old to their house for them to like. Or on the walls Marley's Wild. Yeah, she'll give you an indoor collage or a little masterpiece on wall down one. Yeah, I mean anyway, all right?
Speaker 1: Question number two, Okay, this one I also have strong opinions about. I've just found out that my mum cheated on my dad when I was a teenager. They divorced five years ago, when I was twenty one and already living out of home. I was already a bit of a daddy's girl. He's not your average blokey bloke, and we were always really close. When I was growing up, my mom was a bit more of the disciplinarian type and just not as warm in general. I found out about her affair from my brother, who.
Speaker 2: Is closer with my mum. My question is, now that I know about this, should I tell my dad. He has a new.
Speaker 1: Partner and he seems to be really happy, and I do know that this would really crush him. I'm also super angry that I have to know this information. I would have much rather that my mom and my brother I kept this shitty bit of info to themselves.
Speaker 2: This is wild. Where do we start? Because I'm okay, I'm going to start at the end. No, don't tell your dad, Like, absolutely, I'm gonna start at the end. Week go way back. There is absolutely nothing. There is nothing good that will come out of you telling your dad. I think it is so unfortunate that you know this information. No one take it to the grave. No one ever wants to know this shit about their parents. It's so unfair because your parents don't even have sex, illy, like, how dare she have an affairs? I mean? And also you don't know whether or not your dad knows. Like your dad may know about the exactly right, you know, he may know, he may be suspicious, but he may not have had those conversations with you, because ultimately you're the child, and even though you're so close with your dad, there is still a parent child dynamic there. I myself, if this was me, I don't think that anything good can come from talking to your dad about this. All that's going to do is strain that relationship more. It's gonna make him potentially quite upset, and for what purpose. He's not with your mum anymore, they don't have a relationship. It's almost like you're just wanting to tell him because you're mad and you want to get that off your chest. So therefore you want to pass that information that burden onto him as well, so that you can both be mutually mad together. Take it to the grave. If you're angry, go talk to your mum about it. But why the fud? You have an a fair like, how'd you do that to dad? Tell who was he? Have that conversation then? But I don't think you need to ruin.
Speaker 1: Your dad's happiness for what to live in the past, Like, just so you know, Dad, a long time ago, when you were together, Mom had an affair. How do you feel now like he's moved on and he's happy. It might be different if, and I say might, if your dad was like, I really want to make it work with your mom. I'm going to try and win it over. And you know your mum had been out there doing the horizontal dance a love every Friday night. You might be like, well looked at it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Then with Spen, that's different. But I think let him live, let him be happy. He's in a new relationship.
Speaker 1: You definitely are angry that your brother has put this weight on your shoulders because now you feel like you have a responsibility. You feel like you're close to your dad. You feel like you're keeping sick if it's which you are. But occasionally I do believe it's better to keep a secret.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I agree. I think sometimes we talk too much about like keeping a secret is so naughty. No, sometimes keeping a secret is better for everybody. Yeah, it's called a white lie. I mean it's probably a bit further than a white live is fun. I feel like a white lies, like you know, lying about how many ice creams you've had, like you don't know where the leftovers went. I think, if you really need to have a conversation about this, Like, if you need to get this out of your system, the person to talk to is your brother and then potentially your mum. But also like I don't even think i'd talk to my mum about it. I just feel like, fuck, people do stupid stuff, and.
Speaker 1: I also wouldn't either because I don't want to know about my parents doing that kind of stuff. Like I'm lucky my parents are happily married forty five or six years and they definitely still have sex, Like I know that, but I'm happy for them to have sex because it means they're in a whole relationship.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to do you reckon. They still have sex, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Not not all the whole. Yeah, I totally know when they've done it too, because like.
Speaker 2: They're glowing well in the morning, Like if I'm up visiting, they're all like cutesies and they be cutesies and Mom's like, Tony, don't do that, haha, and it's all cute.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I actually love it, you know, because i'd rehother that. I'd rather know that they're happy. But it's yeah, it's not like they get it off. I come from the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Like my parents got divorced when I was three and a half. Like part of me is like, maybe someone did you.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I'm speculating, but like, but if I found out that somebody cheated like that, if my mum cheated or my dad, or my dad cheated on my mom, I would not be touching that with a ten foot pole. I would be about it. Do you know what? You fucked it up. You guys are clearly not together. It was a terrible match. It worked out the way it worked out, and everyone's happier for it. Let's just let it be in the past.
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny because I'm not talking about affairs, just talking about sex. I think in twenty years, right, in twenty years, do you think you'll be having sex with Matt You guys will be fifth that's not.
Speaker 2: Old, ye young. You will still be having sex.
Speaker 1: Your daughters are going to be in their twenties. Been like, ill, mom and dad don't have sex. That's disgusting, But it's not. You're just a normal person. You're a normal adult.
Speaker 2: We always think that it's like they're so our parents are so old and like so old.
Speaker 1: But they're not like guys most of you listening. If your parents are here, they're probably getting jiggy with it.
Speaker 2: Even if it's not with your dad, it's probably with someone a milkman. All right, Question number three, This one is a fucking doozy. Oh, it's a doozy. Although, like, I'm still not even sure how I would answer this. So this is for you, Brett. I love that. That's why you've thrown it to me, so you can think about your answer. I was a bridesmaid at a wedding over the weekend and I definitely drank too much and have had quite a few blackout moments throughout the evening, which is bad if you're a bridesmaid. However, I have been told I wasn't the only one at the after party, I found myself falling into bed. Just fell into bed with the MC, which was the groom's brother and his girlfriend, and we ended up having a threesome. Mena scandalous. I like how when she said she blacked out and then she fell into bed, I thought she meant she fell into bed and passed out, and she fell into a threesome. She fell into the fell happiness vagina had fell into the vagina? How did I get here? Somehow? A lot of people seem to know about this, including the bride and the groom, who were also at the after party and hired the accommodation for the bridal party that we had sex at. I handed it to you on a plot as a bridesmaid. Was this inappropriate? Yes? Do I need to apologize to the bride and groom? Debatable? And I did ask the other bridesmaids and they told me that it seemed like it was fine. But my question is is it I don't necessarily regret the threesome, but I do regret it happening on the night of their wedding.
Speaker 1: I actually don't think there's anything wrong with this in all honesty, unless you did it on the dance floor in the middle of the wedding you were It sounds like your three consenting adults that had a great night and a wedding, went back to an after party, continued to have a great night, and then had your own after after party. Like I think, it's not like you cheated, right, It's not like he had a partner the MC and you did the dirty and she didn't know about it.
Speaker 2: You there were three adults who were like, let's have some fun scandalous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think there's a problem with it, Okay, I'm the only reason why I'm like, maybe you should bring it up with the bride. The only reasons, but the only reason I'm like, have a conversation clear the air might make you feel better is because she paid for the accommodation for the bridal party, and were you all supposed to be there?
Speaker 2: Fucking like, is that gonna No, I'm just thinking about my own wedding and then going back because like maybe she had an idea for what that was going to be, Like maybe she thought you were all going to hang out and have drinks together, not that next door there was going to be three of you having a threesome. Surely she it's funny, maybe, but some people don't. People get very hung up about how their wedding is supposed to play out, do you know what I mean? And maybe because you were blacking out during the night, maybe you were inappropriately drunk. Maybe the drunkness was the thing that you might need to approach with her, like that's different because you had an important role to play. You were a bridesmaid and were you Yeah, were you so sloppy that you were an embarrassment throughout the night? That's the conversation I think broach first, and then if she was like, no, you're completely fine, then maybe the brocher. Are you annoyed with me for fucking the MC and his girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Yes, I completely agree if you were causing havoc at the wedding, like if you were just a pain in the ass because you were so inappropriately drunk, one hundred percent, you need to have that conversation. Apologize because our wedding is a very special day. You don't want to be a loose cannon at the wedding. I think do what you want afterwards. The only reason I can see that like she might have a problem with you guys getting g is that maybe it's all anyone's talking about.
Speaker 2: Maybe no one's talking about your wedding. Maybe imagine that trumping, Like that's the thing everyone talks about after the amazing day, that something you know, there was a threesome. Absolutely, although would I I'm just trying to put myself in these shoes. Imagine I had a threesome at your wedding. Made the Daily Mail that would give us content. Just take one for the team. I would wish you did and then you talked about it. That would have been Yeah, I would have been all for it. I'm trying to put myself in these shoes. If I paid for the airbnb, like, if I'm paid for the accommodation and I'd invited people back to like enjoy themselves, would enjoy themselves, Laura, it's money well spent. Would I be annoyed? Would I be annoyed about people having a threesome at the airbnb I paid for? Only you can answer that. Maybe I'm a kill joy. Maybe I don't like people having fun. Maybe I don't like three cents pro more likely.
Speaker 1: But this is the point, right, It can't be bad either because you have paid for the accommodation for the bridal party.
Speaker 2: So that was her bed.
Speaker 1: Whether she's won per in the bed or whether she's three people in the bed, hasn't costume.
Speaker 2: In the bed.
Speaker 1: And the little one said no loud of me.
Speaker 2: Me, Okay, I don't know. Look, I think if you regret it, I mean no point asking us whether you should regret it or not. I think the big litmus for that is if you feel like you did something wrong, if you feel embarrassed for it, if you're worried about what the bridal groom think, go and have a conversation with them. You were their bridesmaid, you're clearly one of their very close friends.
Speaker 1: I just imagine a scene out of like a hangover scene when they walk in like so pretty big wedding, Like when you're trying to broach the subject, you know, you're like, things get pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: I just go and have a conversation and then you'll get a very good gage as to whether they're annoyed. Do the open end that I just gave him? Okay, next question.
Speaker 1: This is so hard for me. I am so torn. It's really serious.
Speaker 2: Oh god, can I we take a moment? Yeah, if we had sound effects, i'd put something on. But why can you ghost your hairdresser? It's like the buzzer. I feel like it was off. Hey it's Saturday?
Speaker 1: Can you ghost your hairdresser? I've been going to a hairdresser for the past two years. We follow each other on the Gram and I have enjoyed getting my hair done there, but I wanted a change. I recently tried a new hairdresser. It is slightly more upmarket, and I feel more relaxed. I'm usually at the hairdresser every four to five hours each time, so relaxation and comfort are something I'm willing to pay for. I want to share something on my stories from my new hair place, but then I stopped as I felt too nervous about what the other hairdresser might think, even though I'll probably never see them outside of a salon environment.
Speaker 2: Is this just me? No, this is not just you. This is one of life's biggest conundrums. So I think this is how you have to play the sart. Okay, you just never go back to the other hairdresser, but you need to leave some space. You can't just like instant. It can't be like your six week appointment that you would normally go to your regular hairdresser and then you start posting from another hairdresser, because do you post every time you're at the hairdresser, I don't know. Leave some space, go to the new hairdresser for a while, really cement yourself there, really be sure that that's your place and your purpose and where you want to be. And then in the future, when old hairdresser has almost forgotten about you, she will never forget what happened to that girl who used to come. Then you post that you don't need to have a conversation with your old hairdresser to tell them unfollow her, though first don't be following, and then locko, don't unfollow because she has anything wrong. But you don't have a conversation with your hairdresser and say I'm going somewhere else. You just book and then go.
Speaker 1: But I guess the question is why do you have to post like you know you're gonna hurt your old hairdressers feel it.
Speaker 2: That's saying don't post now, post in like six months time. Hold that shit in for a while. There's no need because there's not about that. You don't have to post a hairdresser.
Speaker 1: Next time you put a photo up, your hair dresser's gonna be like, oh she had black hair an now.
Speaker 2: It's born like just on your normal Instagram, we share too much.
Speaker 1: Maybe just to let your Instagram, maybe you go really ott. You put your photo up and you're like, so thankful that I won this hair. Maybe don't do that, so thankful that my friends surprise me with a voucher for the hairdresser I'm giving it a whirl, maybe so that the hairdresser she sees it. The old hairdresser, she's not up there because she's like, oh, she want a voucher.
Speaker 2: Do you think I don't think you need to go. I think we're overthinking it. I think, look, it's nice that you're empathetic. It's great that you care. I don't think you owe your old hairdresser that much. I think just you just owe them a bit of space in between the posting. But you do develop like.
Speaker 1: A relationship with the hairdresser because you're there for five hours.
Speaker 2: You talk too long.
Speaker 1: I have a few hairdressers right because I go for different reasons for different things, and if I really need something in one's book, don't go to the other one. But I make that very clear that I go, and I love them all. I'm very lucky I set that groundwork early. These are my hairdresses for different things, and they all know. So I'm not having any affairs like I'm not having I like, how hard.
Speaker 2: You're going with this now, Just so that any of their hairdressers are listening, they all know that they all loved, even though you're all equally loved, except for that one. I never went back to you. No, you know who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you spend five hours with them, you talked to mom about a lot.
Speaker 2: You really get to know them.
Speaker 1: Like I knew that my hairdress was pregnant before anyone even knew, Like I got really inside a goss. So I think, you know, you do have to treat it more carefully than not. But I mean we're all joking about saying, don't post and do it your Instagram. You don't have you don't owe them anything. It's just more out of awkwardness. But I know Mitch Jury, like our radio co host, he had to break up with his hair dresser because.
Speaker 2: He wanted to go to a new hairdresser. But that's because she moved far away, So that was her own fault. She moved to a new clinic and it was too far. But he didn't break up with her.
Speaker 1: He just went somewhere else and she saw and then she messaged him, and then it was this really awkward moment.
Speaker 2: I do think it comes down to how close the relationship is, Like it's kind of like going to a new PT trainer or I don't know, Like there's so many variations of this that this could be applied to It depends on how close the relationship is. Are you only ever going to see this person or speak to this person if you step foot in their salon, in which case I think there's less of a responsibility to their feelings. Yeah, if you're actually never gonna see or speak to them again. But if they have your number and you like you make your bookings because you text them, and like you know, there's a bit of back and forth every so often, then I think that there's more of an explanation, or not even an explanation. But just like, just don't post for a while when you go to a new hairdresser. We do not need to post everything that we do. It is okay. You can leave some space. She'll understand that you've started going somewhere else. And then down the track you can post a photo from their hairdresser if you want to. If you probably won't even notice, you probably will feel better. Don't lie to the audience. They're gonna know, they're gonna know. Let's put a poll up. Let's put a poll up. I love a pole and I think a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people have gone through this where they've had to break up with a hairdresser. Have you had to break up with a hairdresser?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: And then did you tell them or did you ghost them? So I think there's two polls.
Speaker 2: Were just goes them. I think it's fine. Okare the more I think about it, I'm fine with it. Yeah, don't go someone that you've had inside you, but you can goese your hair dress so you could still go.
Speaker 1: Someone inside you if you're under the right circumstance, not while they're in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that is it from us guys. If you love the episode, jump onto Apple Podcast, leave us a review, or you can also jump on and hit subscribe so that way the podcast is in your libraries every single week. You can also listen on Spotify. You don't have to just listen to there's everywhere, so many players to listen, so little time.
Speaker 1: Keep your asking cuts coming into life fun Cut podcast on Instagram. And I was gonna say, accidently unfiltereds, I feel like you always now let me finish, and your accidentally unfilters and your confessionals and any other story you think we need to know about because we want to.
Speaker 2: Hear about it. The reason why I'm like jumping in and I'm getting excited about accidently unfilters because we haven't received many of them recently. We've took a little break, but I think it's time to bring it back. Yeah, yeah, we did.
Speaker 1: We had down a different channel for a litt while because we wanted to try some new stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've missed them. I missed them. Tell me what is the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you? When did you shot yourself or like have an orgasm when walking down the street or whatever.
Speaker 1: Crazy, that's embarrassing. How do you if you can do that, let us know how.
Speaker 2: That's what. I don't write it because you're embarrassed. Tell us what your secret is if you can get off walking down the street. We need to know you live your rest life. That is it from us. You guys know the drill. So your mum, tell dad, tell your dog, tell your friends. We share the love because we love love.