Speaker 1: Well, hello, fancy sing me here? Right? My name's Art Simone.
Speaker 2: And because you've clearly got such great taste in podcasts, I reckon you'd probably like my show. It's called Concealed with Arts, Simone. Want to know what it's all about? Why don't you take a listen? I'll see you at the other side.
Speaker 1: I'm back.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is me Art Simone, and I think it has been far too long since I've been in your e holes. So I have returned, and with me, I have brought along more fascinating and peculiar people. So together we can uncover the weird ways seemingly normal people make money, spend their spare time, or even the big secrets they kept.
Speaker 1: Hidden until now.
Speaker 2: This is Concealed with Me, Art Simone, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Bring me out.
Speaker 3: Guess Hi. My name is Emma.
Speaker 4: I run a successful remedial massage business. I'm a sole practitioner. I also used to be an intensive care cutting your thoracic nurse for many years.
Speaker 3: I live in the Suburbs. I have two kids.
Speaker 4: I'm actually in a blended family, so I make that six kids. But Art actually knows me, but would not recognize me if she saw me.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, hello Emma, how are you going?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Ark the mystery, the mystery, I may know you. Yes, So remedial, massage, practition person, practitioner, sole person, all the above, all of that. Remedial that means like fixing things with massage, right, it does. Yeah, I'm a bit dumb, So I just like that.
Speaker 3: No, everybody asked, what is remedial? What's the difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're not doing, like you know, massage is in that dark little venue that I walked past with the red light out the front.
Speaker 1: You're doing things in which you can help people.
Speaker 3: That's right, and you can claim on your health.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's good. Actually, that's good. What's your favorite thing to massage?
Speaker 4: I would say probably shoulders.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a nice clean.
Speaker 1: Answer there, shoulders. Okay, just thriting that down. This could be a clue. This could be a clue, shoulders.
Speaker 2: And you used to be a nurse in at Rasko.
Speaker 3: With hearts and those.
Speaker 2: So you can nursing with heart's intensive care. What got you out of it? Too many hearts? Too much love?
Speaker 4: Well, the other thing that you'd know me for, I would dovetail the two of them. So I eventually got out of nursing because I'd been out of it for probably about five years, and I had to do a refresher course and it was going to cost me ten thousand dollars and I went, Now, hence why I am now a medial massage therapy?
Speaker 2: Yes, speaking of are you and your massage remedial massage uniform? At the moment, I wasn't sure when you walked in because you look like you've come straight from work?
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Or do you just wear this? You just go to Cole's? You like to put it on? Is it part of your advertising? You put it on to go walk around Coles?
Speaker 3: And I came straight from work.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it looks like a nursing top.
Speaker 3: It does. It's the hospital scrubs.
Speaker 2: Yes, but blue hospital scrubs. Your hair's tied back. You're all prim and proper and ready to help remedy some shoulders.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, what I'm going to do is ask you three questions, and from the answers to those three questions, I have to determine what it is you're concealing from me.
Speaker 3: May the odds be ever in your favor.
Speaker 2: Okay, with all the information put together, right, we've got remedial message, we've got shoulders, we've got six kids, blended family, nurse hearts, and apparently I may know you.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, I think you might even love me.
Speaker 1: I might love you. Oh my goodness, adore me.
Speaker 2: I might know you might love This is so it's so kooky. This is like what I met a meet and greet and I meet someone and they're like, we've met three times before. You don't remember me. I'm like, ma'am, I'm sorry. Okay, You're just another person at the moment. Okay, I meet a lot of people really lovely, but I don't. I don't remember you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay. Have I met you at a meet and greet before?
Speaker 3: No, not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get that out of that way. Okay, first question, do you have any pets?
Speaker 3: I do. I have two dogs and a cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are their names?
Speaker 3: Buddy Maker and Ziggy?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my car was called Ziggy because their number plate was z HD. But she just went out to pasture.
Speaker 3: I had to upgrade.
Speaker 1: I know, little Blue Yaris is gone. No more.
Speaker 2: Question number two, Yes, what vegetable do you most align with?
Speaker 3: A vegetable would have to be a carrot.
Speaker 2: A carrot, and what do you like about a carrot? What functions?
Speaker 3: Crunchy?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, crunchy. That's so you're more of a raw carrot rather than a coo.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you can eat them cooked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love a cooked carrot, baked carrot, and it is full of vitamin CI.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop selling me the carrots. It's fine, fine. And the third question is do you have an alter ego? If so, tell me about about them. What's their personality?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Cheeky gets away with anything, completely inclusive of everybody, loves everybody, and naughty as all get out and non stop talking.
Speaker 2: This is really hard this week. Okay, I'm going to talk it out all right. So radial massage used to be a nerve's work with the hearts. Likes to touch shoulders, six kids, two dogs, and a cat, ziggy car.
Speaker 1: That's my thing.
Speaker 2: Carrots, crunchy and cheeky gets away inclusive, naughty. Oh Emma, this is a hard one. And I may know you somehow, do Okay. All that's coming to mind is, so there's this man that walks around in Melbourne with a giant carrot. He's the carrot Man and he has a giant carrot and he just shows up all the time and walks into venues and has his carrot. No one knows why, except for the fact that he just says it makes people feel good. So maybe, just maybe because you're in Sydney, maybe you were the Sydney equivalent of carrot Purson. Is it a carrot man, your carrot woman? Maybe that's maybe that's who you are. Are you, Emma? Are you a carrot woman?
Speaker 3: I would love to be, but I'm not. No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I am a professional puppeteer and voice artist. I have been doing professional puppeteering since the early nineties. One of my most favorite things I've ever worked on was the Ferrals, where I was mixy for two series of Fellows and then two Errol. Wait.
Speaker 1: I pulled my headphones out.
Speaker 2: Wait, don't say anything, don't say anything, let me pull Then well I have to start again.
Speaker 1: I put my head by down, Go back, go back.
Speaker 4: I am a professional puppeteer and voice artist. I have been doing professional puppeteering since the early nineties. One of my most favorite things I've ever worked on was The Ferrels, where I was mixy for two series of Ferrels and then two series of Feral TV.
Speaker 3: I've also been a magpie me tortoise, and multiple.
Speaker 4: Farm yarn animals on bananas in pajamas, and a whole hYP of other things I can never remember.
Speaker 3: This is so exciting.
Speaker 1: Whoa, OW, that's where I'm going to cut you off.
Speaker 2: You better believe I had a lot more questions and I get some very interesting answers.
Speaker 1: Want to hear more. I know you do.
Speaker 2: Search for Concealed with Art Simone wherever you're listening to this podcast right now.
Speaker 1: OW, see you there,