Speaker 1: Here's a ghost Town Leaders and Tallement.
Speaker 2: Adam Lambert is joining us on here. Hello Adam, Hello, how are you really good? Mate? Look? I gotta admit, what do you want from me? I'm old school. I remember perchaing it, purchasing it on iTunes, I use Apple Music. It's still one of my favorite. It's such a great track.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I still listen to it from time to time. So thank you.
Speaker 1: Proud of that one. Yeah, turned out good.
Speaker 2: That was like your first big song, right, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: It was the second single off that album, but it was definitely like.
Speaker 2: The one, the one that we know you buy. Okay. So the new album Adam is out now. I like the title and it's your first full album of originals in only six years. So why will we waiting? What were you doing?
Speaker 1: I was I doing a lot of things. I mean I.
Speaker 3: I did a album, I did a Broadway show, I did I did a little ep of horny gay dance music.
Speaker 1: I did I did a budget different things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was really I was really excited to get to work on this.
Speaker 1: It was time.
Speaker 3: And the big difference from the past on this one is that I'm doing it all like independently.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, it's like it's my baby.
Speaker 3: I hired the people I wanted to work with, I'm funding it.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm in the driver's seat. It feels great.
Speaker 2: Is that what's obviously a decision you made on purpose? Does that just give you more freedom and you're not feeling like a libel's telling you what you ken and count right and stuff like that on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like, look, I've had some good experiences with labels and then I've had some sort of annoying experiences.
Speaker 1: It's not been all bad, but I.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to do this one on my own, you know, like I knew what I wanted to make. I wasn't really interested in like negotiating, compromising and playing politics.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Now you sampled around the World on your new song under the Rhythm? What about it is? Why why did we pick around the world? What a hit?
Speaker 1: You know? It was like it was an accident.
Speaker 3: It was like the majority of the song was already done, like written, and then I was in the studio, you know, finalizing my vocals on it, and I just kept hearing that melody in my head with the chord progression, and I kind of was singing it kind of for fun, and.
Speaker 1: We all kind of stopped and went, oh, we got to put that in. Yeah, that's like that.
Speaker 2: It's like undeniable and it's such a good late nineties hit. In fact, we got a little game we're going to play with you about some nineties music. We'll do that in a moment. I think you'll enjoy it. Hey, I've recently watched Bohemian Rhapsody again. It was like on the TV late at night. What was it like when your time touring around with Queen and you know, stepping up to do that role? It would have been incredibly well hard. I'm thinking to begin.
Speaker 3: With, Oh the role, I mean I was literally I have I'm like in two frames of the movie as a trucker.
Speaker 1: You mean the role in the band?
Speaker 2: I made the role in the bed. Yes, I didn't think you Freddy Mercury, I am.
Speaker 1: In that movie.
Speaker 3: First, I'm in the movie for like half a second, like if you blink, you'll miss me.
Speaker 1: But I am in the movie. I thought that's being met. I was like, well it was really easy. I didn't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: No, what was it like touring around with Quaine and you know, stepping up into the shoes at Freddy Mercury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was. It's been incredible. We were on the road together for ten years. Yeah, and I love them.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like extended family at this point.
Speaker 1: You know, I grew a lot, I learned a lot.
Speaker 3: I like, you know, when I first started with them, If I go back and look at those performances.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like a little all over the place, if.
Speaker 3: I'm being honest, and I think I kind of like grounded myself more over over time, I learned to just sort of trust myself more and learning that like a little less can be a little more, you know.
Speaker 2: And if you've got a favorite Queen song that you love to perform, oh it's hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, show must go On.
Speaker 3: It's pretty massive, major, but it's also really it's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a big one. I love My Love, I love Another Invice to Us. I think it's just such a good record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: I think that's my favorite like recording, like as like a record, you know.
Speaker 2: So I watched there was a doco on Queen as well, and is it Somebody to Love? The one that George Michael did have you ever seen the cover of that?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that was at the that was at the tribute, the Freddy Tribute concert in ninety one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was incredible. How good is it? Yeah, but I'm sure you're just as good when you were doing.
Speaker 1: I was. I was very inspired by George Michael's version. I mean he was really good, really good.
Speaker 2: How you revealed in an interview recently you didn't have a proper boyfriend until you were twenty four. What's it like, dot you? Yeah, I watched that long festival.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the nineties, like the late nineties, you know, into the early two thousands, so like it was sort of like I didn't really meet anybody until I came out.
Speaker 1: I didn't come out.
Speaker 3: Until after high school, so I was a bit of like a late bloomer, you know, like.
Speaker 1: It was like arrested development.
Speaker 3: I was still trying to like figure out what I was about, you know, I had so basically between what eighteen and twenty four, I was like dating, you know.
Speaker 2: And then what's it like, you know with a big showby's career and relationships hot.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to work it.
Speaker 3: I really have not, So I don't have the answers, you know, and that's I mean, there was so much of that on this new album that like, I wanted to embrace the sort of imperfections and like the parts of life that I don't have figured out and that I'm not great at and that are messy and depressing, and you know, as much as I wrote songs that were about the upliftings, like I really wanted to create a balance on this one.
Speaker 2: Do you think it would be easy and not being in showbiz for a relationship, I can, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think it creates a very specific set of circumstances and challenges.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: The funny thing too, is that I've never actually dated anybody who was also in the business, like as a celebrity, as an artist, so I've tended to date people that weren't, and so I don't know, maybe that would make things easier.
Speaker 1: I don't know, not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you hear people that date people that are other celebrities and it doesn't work either. So what the hell is the answer?
Speaker 3: I don't know if anybody has the answer. I think it's all trial and error. I think life is an adventure and a journey, and you know, one step at a time. I do think it comes in chapters though, you know, I think with you know, with this album, like I started doing the writing on this, like there's like a big ballot on the album, and I started writing it a week after I ended A five your relationship, So that was.
Speaker 1: Like, that was tricky.
Speaker 3: That was really tricky, you know, and feeling very confused about it.
Speaker 2: I bet all right, stick around. We're going to play a little game with you, Adam. But let's get your brand new track under the rhythm. Here we go more with Adam Lambert coming up here on Kiss at twenty seven past seven. Now, good morning, here's a ghost town, ladies and gentlement. Yeah, Adam Lambert is on now mate. Have you heard of those blind ranking games?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Were you just like this or that or this.
Speaker 2: Or that and you think, going, well, we're going to do it with ninety songs. You know, we talked about being inspired by nineties. So I'm going to give you five iconic nineties hits. All right, you will have to rack them between one and five. Remember one is best, five is worst. Okay, So let's do the blind ranking. Our first one is going to be around the World one and five, Adam Lambert three three, okay, that's three. What about the Jugar Dolls? One?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: Ye, that is the best song ever.
Speaker 3: It was so played out you couldn't get away from it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so that's number one. We've already decided number one. What about these song veis going on blondes? What's up?
Speaker 1: Hey? It was one? The best was five, the best?
Speaker 2: This is where it gets good fusic one is the best? One is the best?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, that's not one. That one was not one.
Speaker 2: That guy that's five. Okay, yeah, I thought you were last.
Speaker 1: Well the last one was five and then and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, what are we given with that?
Speaker 1: That's a favorite of mine. That's a good song. I would say.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got a two. Al Right, here we go. What are you gonna do about Celine Dion?
Speaker 1: I'm not this one? No, this is four.
Speaker 2: We got three, five, two?
Speaker 1: I mean I love her voice. But that's that's another one. That just was two played out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we did our number one.
Speaker 3: Then, oh, I hope you don't stick me with something ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So, according to Adam Lambert, this is the number one song of the nineties. Are you ready.
Speaker 3: That is putting a lot of words into my mouth.
Speaker 2: Is it fair? Did the blind wrecking work? It's a good song.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's my favorite out of those five, but I do.
Speaker 2: Like that song well according to your blind ranking, is love.
Speaker 3: I Love Love Love Melby. We worked together in Australia. Yes, yes, yes, next Factor Yeah, and I love her so well.
Speaker 2: You can tell her that you ranked Wannabay's number one song of the nineties.
Speaker 1: Kind I love it.
Speaker 2: Good on Yeah Adam, But the new album Adam is out now. Thanks so much for joining us here on Kids.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me. I appreciate it.