Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torba and coming up on today's show, Ash Bines relaunches her podcast as her former bestie spills the Tea Party and Spencer Pratt's careers Rise from the Ashes and Abby Chatfield's shock name Revelation. But first, Matt Sakowski has dropped some juicy details about his honeymoon with Tammy Hembro in Lapland. After wowing their followers with stunning vision of the northern lights on their tiktoks back in December, Matt took things a step further on his podcast by revealing what actually happened during their once in a lifetime experience, Ky, can you tell us more? It was definitely a case of TMI, so Matt revealed that he and Tammy had sex under the northern lights. So on the first night of their honeymoon, after traveling for over twenty four hours, the couple got a wake up call from their tour company at around ten pm letting them know that the northern lights were visible, so they quickly got dressed and they followed the lights around, and they stopped to take photos in the middle of a frozen lake and other scenic spots. And it's quite funny because Matt said that Tammy started punching the lake to make sure that.
Speaker 2: It was frozen, and it really freaked him out.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So the couple ended up returning back to their hotel in the early hours of the morning, where Matt says they ticked something off their bucket list.
Speaker 2: Let's throw to what he said.
Speaker 3: We came back to the resort and we went into the spa at like two thirty am, and we literally watched the like the northern lights dancing above us. Yeah, made love under the northern lights spa. That's a bucket list from there to honeymoon. You're pray, So that's a bucket list thing.
Speaker 2: Only making love part we want to hear about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so under the northern lights, that's a cool thing.
Speaker 1: To do, and that's pretty That's a pretty good way to consummate the marriage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cute. Yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 1: I feel like Anna said what we were all thinking that it was a bit too much information. I think Matt thought that it was okay because it was his honeymoon, and that's what's expected on a honeymoon. I wonder how Tammy feels about him sharing that personal story.
Speaker 2: Has it made the Daily Mail yet? That's what I want to know. I don't think anyone really.
Speaker 1: Listens to his podcast except us.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Another thing that surprised me about their honeymoon was just how little daylight there was in Lapland. So apparently the sun rose at around ten am each day and set by two pm, so by three pm it was pitch black. I know, we were questioning whether the honeymoon was sponsored. This doesn't sell Lapland as a location for me, particularly for a honeymoon. The fact that there's such limited hours when it's live h They did pack a lot into the hours that they did have, so they went for reindeer and husky rides. They also wrote on snowmobiles, they did horse riding, and also went to a finish sauna. It's funny though, because apparently it affected Tammy's body clock a lot more than Matt, so she would be sound asleep.
Speaker 2: By six pm.
Speaker 1: So how they would structure their day is they would normally wake up at five am and have a sauna and then they'd go and put on a Christmas movie and play Christmas music, even out of Christmas tree, so it was very Christmas.
Speaker 2: Centric this honeymoon. I heard that Tammy's face almost got frostbite.
Speaker 1: Yes, it did, so apparently they were I think it was on the snowmer bills and Tammy's face was uncovered, but Matt was actually wearing a full face ballet clava.
Speaker 2: It's like, mate, you should have lent it to her.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Matt was able to adapt to the weather better because he's from Melbourne and Tammy's from the Gold Coastly. He bore the wrong socks. He wore bamboo socks when you have to wear thick woolen socks, so he did feel it a little bit. I was surprised to hear that they ate bear and reindeer, particularly when this is at Christmas time.
Speaker 2: How could you eat Roodolph?
Speaker 1: I wasn't shocked about the reindeer because I've heard that that is all that is on the menu over there, really, because yeah, what I found particularly unusual was how the bear was served. So they had it on pizza and it was bear salami with blue cheese, and Matt even ended up taking home a can of bear meat.
Speaker 2: How did that get through customs?
Speaker 1: And that's what I was thinking, And he and his step son Wolf tried it on camera and there are a lot of Finnish people in the comment saying I've never heard of anyone eating bear here, which is that seems to happen when people go overseas well. People get shocked when they come to Australia and they hear that we eat kangaroo. Being vegetarian, I find it hard to get my head around people eating kangaroo. It seems clear to me that Matt and Anna now have a producer involved in their podcast, because this new episode seemed a little bit different to what they normally put out, because it seemed quite obvious that they'd been tasked with talking about how Christmas can be quite.
Speaker 2: Difficult for couples.
Speaker 1: However, Matt didn't really want to elaborate on anything.
Speaker 2: To do with the topic.
Speaker 1: So Anna was like, oh, you know, we always see these perfect Christmas and New Years on Instagram, but the reality is that a lot of couples fight over that period.
Speaker 2: Matt, did you have any fights? And He's like, no, we didn't.
Speaker 1: You could tell he had been instructed by Tammy to be like, don't say anything about any of our Ya'd be pretty stupid to actually divulge any of their arm He said, oh, nothing out of the ordinary. So it sounded like they had a very quiet Christmas in New Years. I mean he did pop back to Melbourne to visit his family I think on Christmas Eve, but then caught a night flight back so that he could be of the festivities.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a last minute decision though he said he was getting fomo.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He seemed to be handing out a bit of parental advice also to Anna macavoy, because we found out over the weekend that she is expecting a baby boy. So she did a gender reveal on her Instagram and they did a segment on their word of the Year, which they said that they copied from Mom and mea and they wasn't quite the same. And basically part of her year is that she wants to go traveling. Oh e a newborn, and Matt was like, I don't think you're going to be doing much traveling. It's like you can't even go traveling with kids up to ten years of age. It's difficult I did have a laugh when I was listening to the podcast in the car about that, because I mean, you only know what you know, and I'm not trying to be that person that's like, oh just wait, oh oh my god, that is your word to Amy and I all the time, and it is annoying as someone who is pregnant. A TikTok popped up the other day and they're like, the worst thing you can say to a pregnant woman.
Speaker 2: Is just way. See.
Speaker 1: I was talking about that with one of my friends who's just had a baby as well, and we said we hated it when people did it to us, but now being on the other side of it, we can see why just comes across as so smug though, because you need to let people learn on their own.
Speaker 2: Let them be a bit delusion. Let Adda travel overseas with her trucks. Some people do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's been a few influences of podcasters. I know Victoria Devine took her baby to Europe. She had no trouble and Michelle Battersby were talking about last week how she traveled with her six month old son. She's got an upgrade. Yeah, I mean, maybe you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 6: I cannot believe some of the that has been spun and the lengths that people will go to to just act like everything is rainbows and sunshines. It's like why.
Speaker 1: Ashi Bynes has relaunched her self improvement podcast two months after her co host, Kiara Durrow left under controversial circumstances, as she is back with a new podcast co host who also happens to be her new bestie. Kiara approved, though she's not going to go away, quietly dropping some juicy details about the friendship breakdown on YouTube. Now before we get into it, can you refresh our memory? Sophie on what went down well, as she and Kiara hosted the Grow and Globe podcast together for around two years before they decided to pull the pin, and it was clear that something major was going on behind the scenes because the timing was really off.
Speaker 2: They were set to.
Speaker 1: Release a new product, but on the day of the launch, they said that something suddenly came up very Marsha Brady and the product was delayed.
Speaker 2: The pair then.
Speaker 1: Unfollowed each other on social media and released an episode announcing Kiara's departure on the show.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Kiara claimed she was leaving to focus on her family, but it was clear there was more to it after she made a bunch of not so subtle digs at Ashley on social media. Now, ash went out swinging, saying she was shocked by Kiara's behavior, and Kiara then pulled the ace card organizing a dinner date.
Speaker 2: With all of Ashey's ex best friends.
Speaker 1: It's been a lot of fun seeing this all go down on social media, and in the new year, ash rebranded the podcast with a new co host. So to add insult to injury, the show was appearing in the same feed that Grow and Glow did, and also the social media channels are the same, they've just been rebranded. So the new podcast is called She Rises, which seems to be a bit of a potshot.
Speaker 2: At Kiara Now.
Speaker 1: Apparently it took Ashy in her new co host days to brainstorm the name. They even went on to chat GPT to see what they thought. Well, it's always useful, I feel like everyone does, and even if they're in marketing now. I mean, while Ashy is calling it a rebrand, it really is just the same self improvement style of content with a new label slapped on it.
Speaker 2: So the first episode dropped.
Speaker 1: Last week and they're releasing three episodes a week, so on Fridays they're doing something a.
Speaker 2: Little bit different.
Speaker 1: They're calling it Freaky Friday, and it just seems to be a ripoff of Life on Cut segment where they read out really unfiltered things. To be fair, every podcast has an element where they copy something, I mean from radio shows. I mean there's so many podcasts now it's really hard to be completely original.
Speaker 2: Inspiration, isn't it? Yeah calls it in marketing now.
Speaker 1: It's clearly a good format and if Ash is going to divulge personal things about her life, I think it could be a bit of a winner.
Speaker 2: So who is the new co host?
Speaker 1: Her name is Tiana, and funnily enough, she's not only the co host, but Ashey's new best friend. So she's a life coach who has around twenty nine thousand followers on Instagram. So that has made me not want to tune in to listen to a life coach. I can just imagine what the content is going to be like. Well, that's why I took one for the team and I listened to the forty five minute episode. I did have her on fast forward, but the pair actually met at the gym around six months ago, and they immediately clicked, which seems quite similar to the story that Ashi and Kiara used to tell about their friendship. So apparently they really bonded over the fact that they were both going through relationship breakdown. So for Ashey it was with Kiara and for Tiana it was with her boyfriend. It was really clear to me listening to the podcast. So Ashy is very keen to change the image that's out there at the moment about her being a really bad friend, because there was a lot of talk from Tiana's side of things what a great friend Ashy is. And also ash kept dropping that she has had the same group of girlfriends for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because didn't.
Speaker 1: As She put up a post where she was out socializing with all of her school friends, and that came after Kiara uploaded the post where she was out with all of as She's ex best friends. I can really see why, because it's not really the best image to be painted in that you can't keep friendships. It's a bit of damage control for her. I'm seeing a few red flags. Oh the fact that Tiana and as She have only been friends for six months now. I don't know if I would be diving into a business with someone I barely know.
Speaker 2: What is clear though, is there's probably been a written up arrangement. This is Ash's podcast. At the end of the day, she's.
Speaker 1: Giving Tiana an opportunity to grow her social media following to get her name out there. She knows she has to play the co host role. That became very clear in this first episode because they were discussing what to expect this coming year from the podcast and the need for the rebrand, and not only have they increased the number of episodes that they're releasing a week, but they talked about how they're planning a national tour and that they're also holding what they called these intimate events where they're going to invite say, twins people to come to this very unique event that will never happen again, Like each one of these small.
Speaker 2: Events are going to be so different from.
Speaker 1: Each other, and they're also going to be releasing their own online course of course, And to me, seemed like they were getting a lot of inspiration from Georgie Stevenson because she's got a podcast called Rise and Conker, where so the names are quite similar and she has a very successful online course. So I think as she's looking at this and thinking this is a really good money making skill, I think it's normal to take inspiration from other podcast as, particularly someone like Georgie Stevenson who's been very successful by launching all of her courses. I also think it comes down to the fact that her new co host is a life coach and a lot of life coaches launch courses as well. Just had a bit of those MLM vibes to me, and it was quite funny because they kept referencing the uniform that they now wear on the podcast. So before when it was Ashy and Kiara, they used to wear like dress up a bit and wear suit jackets and try and look a bit corporate, whereas now they've gone for the tact to call their daddy and they were branded tracksuits. But they were kind of talking about it as if it was this new, wacky idea, and I'm like, it's.
Speaker 2: Just what Alex Kuper does.
Speaker 1: I love that Kiara chose the week of the podcast rebrand to share her own juicy Q and A where she answered a lot of follow up questions, and of course most of them had to do with the fallout with Ashy. It's funny because a lot of people have been talking about how she's allegedly been slapped with a gag order, but it seems like she's a lot more confident to share what happened.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: To begin with, Kiara's spoken code a little bit about how much better she's feeling now that she doesn't have as much pressure on her. So she said the pressure made her have raging anxiety, and when asked what her biggest lesson of the year was, she said.
Speaker 6: This, don't underestimate what people will do with malicious intent.
Speaker 2: That's all I have to say.
Speaker 6: Don't underestimate. Yeah, and that if you feel like you can't be yourself around people, then they're not your people and just listen to your guard Like I know I've said that, but far out, like I knew, my body showed me signs.
Speaker 1: The image that Kiara is painting of Ashy is in complete contrast to what ash is trying to paint of herself. And it's funny because I actually watched Kiara's YouTube Q and A before listening to the podcast, and I just kept laughing because it seems like Ashy is so keen to push this image of herself that again might not be the person that she is behind the scenes. Then again, there's two sides to every story as well. Of course, someone you have a bust up with, you're gonna not paint in a very nice life. I enjoyed how pointed the answers got as they went along, because Kiara revealed that she felt like she was very much on a high horse when she was on the Grow and Glow podcast, but she said this caused her to lose a lot of her followers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I noticed a lot of people in the YouTube comment said, Oh, I've actually only started re following you after you left ashe Bines's podcast, and I unfollowed you because you were on it. So it's quite interesting the detrimental impact that pairing had on Kiara.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, she even labeled her friendship with Ash as being full on and for Kiara, the podcast was meant to be this fun side project, but she said that as she took it way more seriously. This is what she said, what really went down?
Speaker 6: Do you miss the friendship? I'll just kind of answer that second question there. What really went down? Probably more than you would think. Yeah, they got very very nasty at the end, Yeah, hm, I feel like, you know, obviously we're going through a lot of stuff with Miller. And as soon as I started to take a step back, I'd quit and I said, like I'm done, like I want to focus on my family, Like yeah, things just started to hit the fan. And I decided from that moment on with like, I'm not putting work before my family and I'm not caring what other people think or who I let down or who I upset, because like, make kids need me.
Speaker 1: My favorite bit of the Q and A was when Kiara's husband Kirk came in. He had just got out of the shower and he gave to ashe's husband Steve.
Speaker 2: Let's throw to what he said. I hope the kids are well.
Speaker 6: And are you still friends with Ashy?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not?
Speaker 7: Who's that girl?
Speaker 6: Don't know? Not friends with Ashy and definitely not step friends with Steve either. Friend of you guys could read the text messages between Curt and him.
Speaker 2: Oh that was some pretty ruthless things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you love when the husbands just say it how it is.
Speaker 7: When your house burns down, you have nothing in your parents' house burns down and they have nothing. There's only one thing that could maybe make you feel better a bag of vegels. Obviously, I'm in shock and my brain's not functioning, so I think this is the most unhinged first you've seen.
Speaker 1: Over the last week, the world has watched on in horror as wildfires have ripped through LA. At the time of recording, it's sixteen people have lost their lives and more than five thousand homes have been destroyed. The wildfires have not discriminated, decimating the multi million dollar homes of celebrities, including Paris Hilton, Adam Brody, and reality stars Heidi and Spencer Pratt. Now one of the biggest pop culture stories to come out of the fires has been the shock career resurrection of Heidi and Spencer, who have managed to turn their devastation into success.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can safely say that one thing I didn't have on my bingo card for this year was Heidi Montag's twenty ten album Superficial, being number one on the iTunes charts in the US, Canada and Australia. I've actually had her single Body Language on a Spotify playlist for years now, so I feel ahead of the time.
Speaker 2: It's very nostalgic hearing her old songs.
Speaker 1: I mean it is super techno like, I mean, it's barely her voice at this stage. It's a fucking banger though.
Speaker 2: And she perform at.
Speaker 1: The Victorious Secrets runway show years ago. Yeah, I think that would have been in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: And we'll explain in.
Speaker 1: More detail how this has charted so highly. But for those gen zeas wondering who the hell are Heidi and Spencer Pratt Spidey, Yeah, Spidey as they're better known. They are from a hit reality show called The Heels and this was loved by millennials all around the world. You were either team Heidi or Team Lauren. I was on Team Lauren at the time. But there's a lot of people coming out of the woodwork saying, I think we watched the show wrong. Yeah, that's because a lot of people despised Spencer. He was painted as the villain on the Hills for perceivably breaking up Lauren and Heidi's friendship, and it's quite clear from some of his recent tiktoks that he still dislikes Lauren or Elsie is l like ce to she refer to her. But I think people are realizing that he has a great sense of humor.
Speaker 2: That is a bit he's a bit of a showman.
Speaker 1: But that's a confusing thing because Spencer has spoken a lot about how the Heels was fake and he and Heidi were actually told to have all these fights and their relationship was actually really good behind the scenes and it was all for show.
Speaker 2: But then he really hates Lauren.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that's part of his sense of humor. And it's amazing he's been able to go from being one of the most hated villains on reality TV to in twenty twenty five being so well loved, Like we are seeing celebrities getting behind Heidi and Spencer, and this is because he has been documenting his experience with the Palisades fires. So Heidi and Spencer were one of the first celebrity couples to open up about losing their home online. They were pretty much live streaming when it was happening. There were very dramatic pictures that they were sharing across TikTok. I couldn't believe that they were still there at the time to film it. It looked like a wall of fire coming for their house. Well, Spencer actually shared CCTV vision on TikTok taken from inside his home and it showed the fire ripping through his two small son's rooms. And since then a number of his videos have amassed millions and millions of views, including this video of Spencer showing his followers what was left of their home.
Speaker 7: Not sure we're going to be able to wash anything in this setup anymore clothes? They no, definitely will keep that fountain. There is a breadmaker.
Speaker 4: It's exciting.
Speaker 1: It was really fascinating to see him go back and see the random objects that had made it somehow.
Speaker 2: It was like a rubber snake.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they're thrilled at that last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like they had their swing their kids swing sets. Oh the farming bird pot as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But he is known well.
Speaker 1: He has a crystal business. It was it called Pratt Daddy Crystal, and he was so upset because his crystals didn't make it. He had spent so much money. They had been shattered. They were just everywhere. I know a lot of people were really invested in whether the big prints of Heidi and Spencer that would feature in a lot of their tiktoks had made it. And they did not. They didn't manage to get them out. I mean, they were huge. I can see why. Heidi said that she only left the house mainly with clothes for her children and two pairs of jeans, and she's like, I just didn't even know what to take. The only clothes that Spencer took with him a Heidi Montag merch and also he's Taylor Swift merchandise because he is a massive Taylor Swift fan. He really got into Taylor Swift when she dropped her Reputation album and he was one of the only big celebrities to pump up her album lost a lot of them turned their backs on her. I mean, I think he hates the Kardashians because he was famously friends with Brody Jenna on the Heels and Brody is the stepbrother of Kim Kardashian and they had a massive falling out. My favorite TikTok he has released so far is when he was celebrating hitting a million followers on TikTok so. It's quite ironic since his house has burnt down, he has gained over six hundred and sixty five thousand followers on TikTok so. He's cracked that milestone that he's wanted for so long. This is what he said about.
Speaker 7: It, cheers, thank you to a million followers on TikTok. Who would have thought, oh, I need it is our house to burn down and to finally hit a million camp with I didn't think of that sooner.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: He entitled that video Dark Humor, and I think that this is why he's becoming so popular because everybody is loving his jokes. Now, at the time of recording, that video has been viewed nearly seven million times. His TikTok follow account now sits at one point six million. It reminds me a lot of when Liam Payne's girlfriend Kate Cassidy hit that one million mark on TikTok after he died. Yeah, it is tragic when it's in circumstances like this that someone's career really takes off as something that they've been wanting for so long, but you don't really want to celebrate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, what's been so fascinating is watching how clever Spencer has been a directing all of this sudden attention. So in a TikTok live with Perez Hilton, Heidi and Spencer revealed their insurance company dropped them just weeks before the fires.
Speaker 2: Let's have a listen to what they said.
Speaker 7: I want to sue Farmers. They knew this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: I like, we had and we and we.
Speaker 7: Paid for nine years with Farmers, you know, like, so all that money was for another They didn't drop us me. They don't renew you after the malbifires. They didn't renew like anyone in the pala scenes.
Speaker 1: Sadly, this has been the case for so many people caught up in these wildfires. I just cannot believe it. See, I didn't know that they had been dropped by their insurer, and suddenly I saw this go fund me page pop up because the couple were sharing it on their own Instagram, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, ooh, that's not going to be a good look.
Speaker 1: Because there's been a lot of conversations around the fact that there's so much attention into these celebrities houses burning down and should we feel sorry for them because they're rich. I mean, I totally disagree with that rhetoric. Of course, we should have empathy for people who have lost their houses. I mean, yes, they have a lot of money, but a lot of money within those houses. Like yeah, but it's not even just that losing their houses. They have lost photos, exact memories and just yeah, I saw Paris Hilton talking about the fact that she no longer has the house that her son shared his first steps in and all those sorts of things, and I think we need to look at this as people and actually, you know, they're just people like us.
Speaker 2: Yes, they've got money, but.
Speaker 1: Also a lot of these celebrities and just everyday people, as we touched on, they don't have insurance, so they are left with absolutely nothing and have to rebuild. Well, this GoFundMe account, it was actually set up by Heidi and Spencer's friend and they put a goal of raising one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. At the time of recording, it has already raised ninety five thousand dollars, which, as you said, Kate, this is massive when you think about all the rhetoric going on about celebrities and how entitled they are, and it shows you how clever they have been at remarketing themselves. Let's have a listen to Heidi and Spencer fighting back against the criticism in this interview with Perez Hilton, It's.
Speaker 5: So crazy because when people are like, oh, you guys are rich and famous, like everything we've ever made is in that house. We're not on a TV show. Our podcast got canceled, Like we were just already struggling to have like an income and then to have everything we had in that how start to are kids like paintings and drines like the care well what soulves that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 7: My favorite thing about this experience, though the rebranding is, for like the last fifteen years, all I've seen on social media is I was a broke, washup celebrity or like dealist. Now now I'm a rich celebrity that who cares. So the good news is hopefully my Google changes and it's like rich celebrity with lots of money.
Speaker 1: I agree with what they're saying here. I mean neither Heidi or Spencer before this incident were at the peak of their fame. They made a lot of their fortune off the back of a reality show that aired in the twenty tens, and since then they have been desperately trying to get any attention, whether it's through Heidi's new music or his prat Daddy crystals. I mean, these aren't people that have a huge amount of money sitting in the battle. They said that their podcast has been canceled and the only way they can really make money is through either TikTok, which they've been doing a lot of live streams and people have been donating money. And then Spencer came up with the great idea of let's get Heidi's songs back in the charts. If you stream them, we make money. And this is exactly what has happened. As we mentioned earlier, Heidi's songs have gone number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even m Rada was backing them.
Speaker 1: So she posted a TikTok with Heidi's song playing, saying didn't expect this Heidi Montag song to be the soundtrack to the twenty twenty five apocalypse, but you know what?
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, some fans were asking Spencer, oh, shall we start watching the hills, like do you get royalties from that? And He's like, that is the worst thing that you could do. He even took a swipe at Lauren Conrad again saying he doesn't want fans to give up a single brain cell listening to the narrator. Do you think this has short lived attention or do you think that Heidi and Spencer are going to be able to leap frog from this. So I think they might be able to leap frog because there's currently calls for them to have their own reality show. So fans are saying they want to see them rebuilding their lives after the fires, and Spencer revealed on Sunday that his management has a meeting with Hulu this week, so he has asked all of his followers to spam the Hulu social media accounts calling for them to have their own reality show. I mean, I would one hundred percent watch this. I would love it. I really hope that happens. The only bad thing for Heidi and Spencer though, is the timing of their TikTok rise. I mean, they've both now got over a million followers, but TikTok is meant to be being phased out in America, so they may no longer be able to get lots of money from their TikTok lives. It will hopefully that following support them on a different social media platform.
Speaker 4: I don't see the point in making my name. I have no attachment and I've already got rid of it.
Speaker 1: Or Chap bil Abby Chatfield has shocked her followers by revealing her last name isn't legally Chatfield. So Abby made this confession after telling her followers that she's begun looking into reserving the Instagram handle Abbi Hyde after having a few glasses of chardonnay at an influencer event. Heide is of course the last name of her boyfriend, Adam, who is a musician in Peaking Duck. So things seem to be getting very serious.
Speaker 2: I've never heard.
Speaker 1: Abby talking about someone in this way.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Abby said that she wasn't planning on telling Adam that she'd looked into reserving the name. She was only going to do it on the slide. But then she discovered, of course that it was taken. Remember last year there was a socialite that got in trouble for doing this. So she got married and the surname was actually quite unusual, but someone had it as their finster account and she tried to buy it off them, and then they ended up shaming her publicly on Reddit. Do you think that some people go and reserve these names purposely, like they see that there's these celebrities in these relationships that look like they're blossoming, and they're like fuck, I'm gonna make some money by reserving this name. I don't know if, in the case of Abby, if someone would have done it, because, if anything, I would have thought that Abbi would want to keep her maiden name. And a lot of Abby's followers were begging her to keep her maiden name if she married Adam. And this is when she the bomb that she no longer went by the name Chatfield legally and that she had changed it two years ago to another family name. There were so many people who were intrigued and saying, please tell us what the last name is, but she declined. Let's have a listen to Abby's reasoning for changing her name.
Speaker 4: I have no emotional attachment to the name Chatfield or my current surname. And the thing is, you have to have a man's surname. If I'm going to have a man's surname, I want it to be a man that I love and respect and loves and respects me, over a man that left his family.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people were initially surprised because they thought Abby, being such a stout feminist, she'd want to keep her name. But this actually makes a lot of sense. Why would you want to keep the name of your dad, who you've got no relationship.
Speaker 2: I understand it.
Speaker 1: I actually liked what she said in that I would rather take the name of a man who I love and respect. Have you looked up Sophie Hancock on Instagram, then there's so many Sophie Hancock's on there. I decided to keep Sophie Torbo as handle because I've thought for all of my work, I go by my maiden name. I actually haven't legally changed my name yet. I kind of want to do it with all my babies born. See, I have actually legally changed my last name to Turner, but I couldn't change my handle even if I wanted to. There are that many Kate Turners, and I thought one of the advantages to changing my name would be at the shots when they go, oh, what's your surname? And I don't have to spell torbout But I've still got it as my email address. And I tried to get a Kate Turner Gmail.
Speaker 2: Nothing, not even.
Speaker 1: My middle name, no numbers, like it was literally all taken. This had a terrible thought. Do you think people reserve Instagram handles for their children? Well, I hope not. My son is not going to get one pretty easily. Yeah, I think Jack Turner, there would be a lot of kids called it. Surely Instagram will be dead by the time people's children now look at TikTok. I mean that's going to be gone in the US. Sarah's day reserve one for Fox Fox Ocean. Probably not all that wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, that's all we've got time for today. Thank you for listening to another episode. If you do want to hear more content from us, we do have a subscriber channel called Outspoken Last. We drop episodes every week on a Thursday. On Thursday, we are going to be discussing the viral bride who washed her makeup off twenty minutes before her first look with her husband. This sent shivers down my spine. This is my worst nightmare. Yeah, I know that's something you would do, though, so because you're so picky about things, it is.
Speaker 2: Something that I would do.
Speaker 1: That's why I was literally felt so uncomfortable watching it. Can you imagine the pressure to make your makeup look good after one having to wash it off? I would get each y eyed.
Speaker 2: Let's say I would save it for a lot of thoughts about that. Yeah, well, this.
Speaker 1: Podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the adelaid Planes. We pay respect to Elder's past and present and if you do like the show, please leave us a review.