Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything dead?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Every Friday, we give you our recommendations Recommendation Station. So if you're stuck for choice, we've got your back Pantsy's brought something in that actually stinks.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it was that pungent until I took it out of the little ziploc bag.
Speaker 1: Address. By the way, you've gone you that is striking, is it? You know? Very cool? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What is the well?
Speaker 3: Think of strange Just go somewhere for a minute for me, think of strange food combinations. So you've got your chili and your chocolate, watermelon and salt is my mum's she loves salt on watermelon melon.
Speaker 4: Coming up to Easter, We've got hot Cross buns.
Speaker 1: Love a hot Cross buns?
Speaker 3: Do you read? You stand on the hot Cross bund Do you like?
Speaker 4: I just like them traditional Rocky Road.
Speaker 2: Chocolate, Traditional traditional, traditional traditional.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you like these because I saw these coals, have.
Speaker 3: These outrageous range of hot Cross buns Dorito's has come out this week, Dorito's Hot Cross Buns inspired cheesy Hallopinos flavored jalipino and it's even they.
Speaker 1: Still got the traditional kind of raisin.
Speaker 4: Do you have the fruit?
Speaker 3: And it's even got like a heat warning, you know, like spicy, yes, spicy.
Speaker 4: Do you want to taste you might be?
Speaker 5: It's funny religious to have.
Speaker 2: Just just you guys know Jones a man of trademark all eating on radio in Australia.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: Also you've got them toasted with butter as well. Otherwise it's not hot Cross.
Speaker 6: Bun raisins do not go with jalapeno. No, the bun is beautiful and soft. I will say, yes, the lightful, but.
Speaker 1: But you don't have it.
Speaker 2: You don't raw that. You have to you have to put it in the toaster. It's got to toast your buns.
Speaker 5: I actually can't get past the smell.
Speaker 2: The smell is quite something as well, quite strong, is yeah it is?
Speaker 1: And what else do you recommends?
Speaker 3: Right into maths as you know, boy, what a dinner party this week? It was an app It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, because that's like unlike any of the season ever.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this no, this was the episode.
Speaker 1: Another train wreck. This was like, do you know what be outrageous for that show?
Speaker 2: If they actually just got on, well, then you go I got an actual scandal.
Speaker 1: Yes they did.
Speaker 2: No, one got drunk, red face and tore off the microphone pack.
Speaker 3: It's a great show on stan. It's on a Wednesday night. It's called After the Dinner Party.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is one with Brittany and Law from Life on Cut. Great podcast with Jules Lund.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're so good on this.
Speaker 3: They're just so they dissect what the train wreck we have just watched and it's really well put together because they have a couple of the.
Speaker 4: People in the experiment on with them, and.
Speaker 1: We experiment is that we have to say, pieces, it's weird. We know the experiment is on you the deviewer.
Speaker 4: I'm still reeling after it. Brooke just let.
Speaker 5: Rip spray science experiments.
Speaker 1: It's like stand for the experiment all over again.
Speaker 3: It was seismic. It was unbelievable. So but if they did a really great job. We really enjoyed it and it.
Speaker 1: Was just is Krystal, I've god now watching it, what do.
Speaker 4: You think get set into it?
Speaker 1: We lost a good guy there, we lost one of our good ones.
Speaker 3: But it's like a nice little dessert after watching the episode.
Speaker 4: It's really good.
Speaker 3: It's like book Club but for Maths because you just w ex it.
Speaker 4: It's brilliant. So that sort of Wednesday night on Stan really every.
Speaker 5: Night you need more Maths?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I need more content.
Speaker 4: I'm still reeling after this week now.
Speaker 2: I first of all, before getting to my recommendations, the big big room at the moment is Jacob A. Lordie is onto the short short short list of possibly the next Bond. This will be huge. Has always been a British actor. You're taking our ashes if you take Bond and Reckon's that's seismic.
Speaker 6: Names Bond, James Bond, yes, Christ George Days who did one Bond movie.
Speaker 2: And it's brilliant, so real classic as well. It's very very good. He's the man of the moment, isn't he. Jacober Lordie. Yeah, my daughters went to go and see Weathering Heights this week, said it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: That's really really good. Yeah they loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was worried about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no they were, and they really enjoyed it, all right. A couple of things for me. One too much standing. A great job with the Winter Games, absolutely brilliant. I've watched way more the Winter Games than I thought was gonna watch, and they did these great little highlight packages.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant.
Speaker 2: And then the big I've been watching this week brilliant brand new show TV perfection.
Speaker 1: Cannot recommend enough.
Speaker 2: It's on Netflix, How to Get to Heaven from Belfast. Oh my god, that is so good. Murder mystery, same team if you ever seen Dairy Girls, very very very very funny Irish show, same writer and team. I've made a murder mystery evolving three middle aged women.
Speaker 1: It's so good, great.
Speaker 2: I cannot recommend it enough. That will go down that would awards. It'll be one of the best shows of this year. Yeah, it's on Netflix. I think it started this week. I'm about four episodes in. How to Get to Heaven from Belfast is outstanding.
Speaker 1: Oh. I just loved it, really really really good. Ria. What's it for you?
Speaker 7: For me?
Speaker 6: I've been watching the Beckham scandal Truth and Lies.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure it was trying to push it to me and you, Judge Patsy.
Speaker 1: It has been rushed together.
Speaker 6: That has because it's all about the Brooklyn Beckham Instagram post and the fallout from that, and they've clearly like they have had to put it together pretty quick. There are moments where you would normally have, you know, lots of video footage where they've just got sort of still photos that slide across the screen.
Speaker 1: But it is guilty pleasure, yes, guilty pleasure.
Speaker 6: It is juicy that you find out about what really happened at the dance, you know, the inappropriate victoria of the wedding.
Speaker 1: Dan, But how we find that out? What do they got like a reconstruction of it?
Speaker 5: They talk to people that were at the wedding you kidding?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well they're not good. They're not on the back on Christmas card list now are they.
Speaker 5: Wow, if Johnny he will happen.
Speaker 6: Yes, So Mark Antony the DJE, they were all blaming him saying he said, all right, it's now time for the woman of the moment, the most beautiful woman in the room, and obviously everyone thinks it's going to be the bride yell and then he goes, please come out, Victoria Beckham and then she comes out and Brooklyn's not expecting it and apparently there's not like she was twerking on anymore anything like that. It was just a slow dance, but inappropriate in the sense that everyone thought.
Speaker 5: It was about to be about the bride and she was making.
Speaker 1: It all strictly her fault.
Speaker 6: Then no, but they don't know did she set it up? But she did go up on stage. Did she could have gone oh no, no, you know, but everyone is blaming Mark Antony as the one who caused the rift.
Speaker 1: How do you get a documentary out of that?
Speaker 5: It's a short one.
Speaker 2: It's instagram short was fortyntes. They couldn't even roll out that pizza to an hour forty minutes.
Speaker 1: They cat pick up stumps.
Speaker 5: It's not exactly atten Burwert Gallapagas Islands.
Speaker 6: It's pretty truncated and they smashed it out pretty quick.
Speaker 5: But you do get some juicy stuff if that sort of thing interests you.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're back after this Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast, Christiana.
Speaker 2: Who do you think should be the next James Bond? My short lists is Henry Carville, great, good looking guy's got the looks, got the brawn as well.
Speaker 1: It's Charis Magic as well.
Speaker 2: I was like Cadum Turner engaged to Julie, A good looking guy, great British actor as well, and Josh O'Connor if they want to go a bit quirky.
Speaker 1: I think he's fantastic act.
Speaker 5: I saw him in the Latest Knives Out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. It's the star of it.
Speaker 2: So he carries the whole movie. Daniel Craige doesn't shove it off. He's it's Josh O'Connor's think. I think he'd be a great bond He would be. Yeah, it's just something a bit different, a new kind of energy to it. What about Indris Elba Indre.
Speaker 1: Sadly too much salt? Pepley's too old?
Speaker 3: Ah right?
Speaker 2: Otherwise should it should have been him ten years ago? Yes, I think he'd be great. Alex Wilso your recommendation station, What have you enjoyed?
Speaker 1: My recommendation station? Tehran?
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, this is good. Yeah, Hilori, isn't it? It's amazing. He comes in a little bit later in the in the piece. But it's such a gripping I say gripping because I'm gripping my seat and when I watch it, it's one of those shows from start to finish.
Speaker 1: It is so intense.
Speaker 7: It's sort of the in a look at moss Ad the Iranian spice.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Every day we get an email from our audience saying, Christian, I've got any Mossad shows?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: And I tell you in a look because I don't know about you. I've had an hour to look at the organization. I want to go inside outwards. It's on there, isn't it? As you go through the chant there and you always give the sub sort of sections that Mossad based shows true true, And maybe it's a little bit too close to home.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but it's pretty good and I really enjoyed. It's a really good geopolitical spy thriller if you're into that sort of stuff. And also the Winter Olympics. It's still going. Can you believe it's still going? I thought it would be finished, bone I know it's going up until Sundays, so we'll have the closing ceremony on Sunday. Who is a listen, Alyssa Camplin gonna choose to carry the flags we'll see on Sunday. But there's some Aussie still in action as well, and we've got Lara Hamilton and the mountaineering. It's a new sport at the Winter Olympics that's going to be tonight, so a couple more osiering.
Speaker 1: It is mountaineering.
Speaker 7: So it's basically you go up and out and you can also use your backpack to put your boots, and you walk part of the journey as well, and then you ski back down the middle.
Speaker 1: They run at events, haven't they. Isn't it crazy? It's just gone for a walk walking. Yeah yeah, it's got a backpack. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: So you ski up a part of it and then you walk up a part of it and then you ski all the way down again in less than three minutes.
Speaker 2: I want to see people, you know, how they like as it gets to the finishing line, how they walk racing. They're walking at speed together, gold, silver, bronze, are walking at pace. I hope that dog's got the start of it this week? Was that wolf dog that just rocks up near the finish line?
Speaker 7: Ye? I saw that?
Speaker 1: Cute Yeah. A Christian O'Connell Show podcast