Speaker 1: I reckon, I am in for a pretty good Christmas.
Speaker 2: And the reason I say that is I'm a big believer in karma, and yesterday I just did like the deed of all deeds. So I was just walking in my suburb down towards the beach yesterday, and as I was walking, I had Delilah, my dog, and she stopped to do a poop, which she does out in the front of someone's house. And as she pooped, and this is the only reason I saw it. As she pooped, I saw like there was like a driveway and then there were these two big beautiful like columns like posts out of the front of the driveway, and there was someone had obviously dropped their wallet and it was on the post. So like someone had dropped their wallet and some others Americans obviously picked it up and put it on the post.
Speaker 3: Ye right, Okay, so it's just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful leather wallet.
Speaker 2: So I opened it up and it had unfortunately no cash, but I had jokes. But he had a license from Byron Bay and I was like, oh, someone's obviously here traveling.
Speaker 1: It was like a young looking guy. It's like someone's lost it.
Speaker 2: Like the worst when you drop a wallet on a night out or anytime, like your whole life is ruined because everything's linked to it.
Speaker 1: They can you have to cancel.
Speaker 4: Cards, especially when you're not local, and you can't just go and pop it in their letterbox exactly.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, I'll drop it off to them.
Speaker 2: Bar and Bass I was like, oh, so anyway, I thought, you know what, let's test the power of social media.
Speaker 1: So I took a photo.
Speaker 2: Of his license and I obviously blocked out all the crucial information like the address and the date of birth and license number, but I had his photo in his name because I had tried to find him on Instagram and it wouldn't come up like I just type his name in. So I was like, hey, guys, what are the odds who knows who this is? If you know him, to contact me, if you've seen him, let me know.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I saw, yeah, I mean, once again, good Samaritan.
Speaker 2: It happened so quickly, I cannot tell you how many people somehow knew who this was, like connections, connections, this is my mate, I know him, he's a friend of my friend. Like it was like one of those crime scenes with all the stream it goes.
Speaker 5: To the name.
Speaker 4: So were people just like messaging you in your DM saying this is the person and then tagging him.
Speaker 3: So that you could find his profile.
Speaker 2: Yes, But then I got a miss from him and it was like, hey, so many people have forwarded me this.
Speaker 1: Thank Like I cannot thank you enough for this.
Speaker 2: I'm on the phone to the police like this is a nightmare, like it was such a disaster, and I was like, so chroughed.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, oh, Britte.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I'm so stoked. Most people would steal and I was like, well, you didn't have any cash. But so I ended up getting his number and I was like, tell me where you live and I dropped it back to him nice. So I feel like and he was like, I can't thank you enough, Like I've been having a really bad time lately and this was really going to ruin my day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I did a great thing. Don't want to brag, but b the power of social media is amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you only ever.
Speaker 4: Hear the negative stories from social media. I feel like this is a rare case where it's used for good, but they exist don't they.
Speaker 1: Well, we have tracked him down.
Speaker 3: His name is Jack.
Speaker 1: What do you mean tracked him down?
Speaker 3: We found him through the power of social media.
Speaker 4: No, we knew about this story, Brit you shared it all on socials. But then also Jack messaged us add the pickup and said, there's actually a little bit more to the story.
Speaker 1: Share it, joins us.
Speaker 3: Now, Jack, welcome to the pickup, mate. Hello, what's your side of the story?
Speaker 1: Hang on, what is this the real Jacker? An actor?
Speaker 3: You know it's the real Jack Jack? Jackie Jack from bar and Bay.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, thank you. I get a message from a friend from Newcastle who haven't talked to you in years, and he said, oh do you is it you? This is your wallet? You lost your wallet? And then I get a photo of brit story and it's my wallet with my with my license and the photo of myself. But I was when I was eighteen. I did my ID and I'm like, yes, I was so happy to find it, Like I was so thankful she gave it to me. That what she didn't tell you is that it was actually on my driveway hunt, like five meters from my door, from my front door. So if i'd retraced my steps. I probably would have found it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you definitely would have found it. I'm also guessing it was like down the driveway, Jack.
Speaker 3: So I'm grateful.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you just outed me after returning your wallet. I thought you could pull the wall over our eye. Yeah, I thought. Yeah, I actually stole his wallet and I just returned it to it.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you're certainly not getting Australia there this time.
Speaker 3: But look very enough, I'm very glad that you're reunited with.
Speaker 1: It, Jack.
Speaker 2: But I guess the thing is I didn't have to return it, but I did. Yeah, you're a good person. I'm glad that you opened it fleeced it for any cash that was in there. Jack wouldn't remember anyway.
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: I did say to Jack, and I was like, just a heads up, Like before I got there, there was nothing in it. I didn't know. I didn't mean to take it from his house. It was only when I returned it.
Speaker 1: I've done it before with the dog.
Speaker 2: I took a dog from someone's lawn ones thinking I was saving it, and when I returned it, I was like, oh my god, it's Terresa. You took it out of their backyard a block gain.
Speaker 1: You're like, I don't know how.
Speaker 3: It got here. It from the Kenneth All right, well look coming up, I reckon. I found the world's shortest marriage.
Speaker 4: There is a woman out there who has absolutely eclipsed what is and you know, it's hard. Relationships can be difficult, but this is the shortest one that's ever existed.
Speaker 3: All right, that's next here on the pickup