Speaker 1: Hey, guys, it is the first of the month today, which means it is breast check Day, something that we've started in our own little family to bring awareness to get you guys that are listening to pay attention to your own bodies. But today I want to talk a little bit about my own breast. I was waiting for some people to get excited about that.
Speaker 2: I'm joking.
Speaker 3: This is something that's serious, though, Britt, And now we also know how serious it's been for you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So let me just set this up.
Speaker 1: I have started since just particularly since we've been talking about it more here as well, I've started to do my own breast checks constantly, and a couple of months ago, and I'm ashamed to say months, but a couple months ago, I felt this lump in my breast, in my left breast, and I was like, that's weird, but you know, breasts are so fatty and lumpy anyway, so I was like, it's probably nothing. Start on it for a little while, and then felt it again a couple of weeks later, and kept feeling it, but then I was touching it so much that it started to hurt. And then I couldn't figure out if I was getting breast pain or if I was getting pain from like you said.
Speaker 4: That to us too here in the studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just so annoying because I advocate for, you know, looking after your own health all the time. I worked at a hospital for thirteen years. I know how important it is. Yet I just kept putting it off. And I went and stayed over with a friend in another city and it just came up in conversation and she's like, well, have you had your boobs checked yet? And I was like, no, I haven't. I need to get to it. She's like, how long's it been there. I'm like a couple of months. She was like, you need to go and get that check, like you should know better. And she's like, I'm gonna message you every single day until you get it. Anyway, bless her, she did, and it took me another week or so. She messaged me every day and I said, no, I haven't checked yet, and I haven't checked. Finally, purely because of her, I was like, oh my god, I'll go and get it checked. So I went and got it checked at the GP specialist woman's doctor like women's health doctor.
Speaker 2: And immediately she was like oh, yes, I can feel that.
Speaker 1: And she's like, I can actually feel some stuff on the other side as well, like on the other boob, and I was like wow, okay, She's like, you need to go and get it checked and I was like sure, and she was like now, and I don't want anyone to think that I have breast cancer.
Speaker 2: I do not, but you think that.
Speaker 1: You always think it's not gonna happen to you, so you don't put the urgency on it. So I went straight to get the ultrasound, and long story short, I'm absolutely riddled with cysts in both breasts, like so many cysts, and I had to wait a few days to find out if anything was going to be nasty in there or if there's anything hiding because there were so many cysts that they can cover if there's anything.
Speaker 2: Bad in the tissue.
Speaker 1: So it was like a really scary couple of days, being like, I'm thirty seven. There's definitely been things that I've felt my breast, they've seen them, and those couple of days waiting was really scary.
Speaker 2: And I'm very grateful to say.
Speaker 1: It came back as all normal cysts, but now I have to get checked every single twelve months because things can change very drastically.
Speaker 3: But also like it's one of those things where if you don't advocate for your own health, I mean, you're so lucky that you had a friend who reminded you every day and persisted, But not everybody has that person in their life. And if you're not going to take responsibility for your own health, if you're not going to book the appointment for that thing that's been niggling, that you've been concerned about, or that you noticed what there was a change with, like that's on you.
Speaker 2: You have to do those things. And we spoke about it earlier in the year.
Speaker 3: My stepdaddy passed away from prostate cancer and he hit there were scigns for so long, Yeah, and he ignored going and getting those screening tests done. And I mean, that's just one thing you don't ever want to live with the regret that you waited too long because you're too busy or other things took priority. If there is something to be reminded about from this, it's it's to check your breast and if you've something changes, go and booking your health screening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's what I want to say, because you think that you're wasting people's time, in doctor's time.
Speaker 2: But you're absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to be dramatic, but the difference in a couple of months. If mine was nasty, I put that off for nearly three months. Like if that was nasty, that would have become nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you're in the car right now, if you're at home, grab your breast, have a feel, have a poke.
Speaker 4: Grab men too.
Speaker 2: Men can happen to me as well.
Speaker 3: Let it be the first of every month. Let it be the day that you mind yourself, put it in your calendar to check your breast.
Speaker 4: Yep, agreed, all right, Next on a liner, note not that boobs aren't light, because.
Speaker 3: They're very actually, unless you breastfed a couple of kids and then feel bad.
Speaker 4: Break I've come to Yeah, actually, should I compare the pair?
Speaker 2: No's no, thank you, that's nothing. Okay, don't shame me. You're all happy to talk about boob Wait. I would like to speak to HR now that you've brought that up.
Speaker 3: We have a show.
Speaker 2: We have to have HR here, Mitch. What's doing break?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Who know? I do know?
Speaker 4: Exactly when did you get revenge on someone you work with. We've all worked in, you know, customer facing jobs and we've all had those annoying customers or coworkers that really get under your skin. And it's the little moments that you can take to.
Speaker 2: Get back at them. It's the petty stuff, so sweet.
Speaker 4: And there's a story that's happen in Australia that you're gonna love. That's next after your traffic