Speaker 1: The christ Jan O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Wretchmen, this is.
Speaker 1: The christ Jan o'connal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just thought, if you've got a postal address like that, be proud of it.
Speaker 4: It rolls off the tongue.
Speaker 3: It is our sunset strip. You hear that level two and my heart swells. We're not level one, We're not in ground floor. We my friends are level two. Hey listen, perched, Yeah are.
Speaker 2: We good year?
Speaker 3: Why I'll just listen to the sports. I'll just hear that with a way. That's my country just referred to in your sports news as the pumps.
Speaker 5: Yea, oh you are right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I just thought, in you know, sports news, is that I don't think it's official enough.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's a fancier? Is what he's saying?
Speaker 6: Thank you, and he might be looking for a new news a post nine am.
Speaker 2: I didn't see. I didn't say that. I'm just saying, Om's we all okay with that? Obviously? You are? Yep, all right, it's just me thinning that one. Where the hell is Tim Cahill? Is he missing in action? Did he actually make it out there on his playing to the World Cup.
Speaker 7: I trust that everybody's angry Tim didn't play. I trust that they know who the best players are.
Speaker 2: No, they don't manage us.
Speaker 3: Get it wrong that they needed k Hill for the last ten or fifteen minutes. He could have got up where are you going to? Goal is going to come from? And then he does that great little thing where he punches up the corner flag as well.
Speaker 2: I missed that from this World Cup.
Speaker 7: Look, I loved Tim as much as everybody else. But I just trust that they know that some of the new players are good.
Speaker 2: I tell you what.
Speaker 3: That young player you've got Arzani, youngest player at the World Cup, fantastic player.
Speaker 2: He has to start next game and it's Beru next week.
Speaker 4: We played really well Las time.
Speaker 3: I thought, do you know what I'd end up standing up to watch the whole game. It was a great game, and amazing things have happened. Argentina have been beaten three nil by Croatia and the site of a weeping married in the stands has made me as a bomb because he stole a big game from us.
Speaker 2: Very happy this morning. I'm already in a good Friday mood.
Speaker 3: All right, So today's show we got lots going on as always, but you are in charge of the music for the whole show.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: Let's all request this Friday only on Gold one oh four point three on the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. So between now and ten o'clock, you're in control of the music. Any songs you want to hear, let us know four seven, five, three, one oh four to three. Now, picking the first song.
Speaker 2: Is very very important.
Speaker 3: And two weeks ago, well we did our first Friday show, first proper Friday show. We just had an hour for the request. And the last week we went big and we did four hours. There was a problem with the start of the show. Tony had requested a bon Jovie song. Okay, have a nice day. And then this is what happened last week on air that our boss has still been going on about over the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Let's have a listen back to this It's My Life by bon Jovi, And why you go for this song because.
Speaker 8: You've only got one live and you have to leave it as much as possible get.
Speaker 3: In wise words there from Tony. Tony, enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 2: I will enjoy your song as well.
Speaker 3: Nasday, so Tony requested, have a nice day, comes on it and ask for a completely different song.
Speaker 2: We got told off, so she told.
Speaker 7: The producers yes, just before she went on, Yeah, I queued.
Speaker 2: Up on my vinyl.
Speaker 3: You know, we play with the only radio show in the world, that stool snickering Final and you know, and so we've got a lot of vinyl lined up for this morning.
Speaker 2: All these various.
Speaker 3: Questions, Tony gets us in trouble. Tony's back. Now, Tony, what are you playing at?
Speaker 8: I don't know, but you played the wrong song on me.
Speaker 2: No listen, Tony, let's not let's not fall it out.
Speaker 3: On All Request Friday, you ask for one song, We get that ready, then mentioned another one on air.
Speaker 9: Oh well maybe I wasn't awake enough yet.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We've been told off, literally told off by the boss insisted we get you back to.
Speaker 2: Make this wrong.
Speaker 3: Now I'm right, okay, so one more time. I'm nervous now because I've got a song queued up. Tony, please don't get us in trouble again with the boss. What song can I play for you now?
Speaker 2: To kick start? Or request Friday?
Speaker 8: It's My Life by bon Jovi?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 10: Let's find out?
Speaker 2: Ye, let's find out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out in four seconds time three two on.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Conor back for the show on Gold one O four point three. All request Friday so you can get your songs in on nine four one four one o four three. Tony finally getting it right or us getting it right? No, it's Tony finally getting it all right. Just kiss the boss is listening unlucky this time in the morning. Big night for her on a Thursday night and event all nights.
Speaker 2: It's My Life Bondjophy and.
Speaker 4: It sounds better and vinyl, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: All the songs, all the songs on a Friday? Quest we go around second hand shops, don't we?
Speaker 2: On on Thursday?
Speaker 3: It takes me four trips up in the lift to get all the vinyl up here to play it?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: So any requests please let us know where do you stand? On an amazing song from a movie The Wind Beneath My Wings. I'm guessing I already know how you feel about.
Speaker 5: It, pats Um, Yeah, bit every.
Speaker 4: Bit over it, as if you've been listening to it every week.
Speaker 2: Oh that surprises me. I thought you'd be all over that song.
Speaker 5: It was beautiful at the time, but it kind of wears a bit after a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hear a lot on certain stations. Jack, do you are you familiar with the song?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a little bit more rock and roll than that.
Speaker 2: Christian of course me too.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, sometimes you gotta even if you love your rock and roll the dna of great music, sometimes you still got to dip a toe and appreciate the beauty of the Wind beneath my Wings some because someone's requested it. I normally wouldn't think that would be a great Friday song, the Wind Beneath My Wings. I would literally be very upset if anyone ever tuned into this show and thought they were listening to smooth. However, However, when someone says, can you play the Wind beneath My Wings in memory of my Nana? Oh sweet, maybe Nana was a pilot very much. The wind we know, we don't know, I don't know why she particularly wants that songs Fanana, but I'm just saying, look, we've got stuff to think about.
Speaker 2: I haven't got it queued up on the vinyl at the moment, but I will try and get hold of that now.
Speaker 3: Last week we tried this on a Friday because I know a lot of you listen to the show. You've been working very hard through the night in Melbourne, and we were actually trying to.
Speaker 2: Put you to bed.
Speaker 3: Because all breakfast shows think that everyone is just getting up and starting work like them, but that isn't always the case. I know that a lot of people have been working through the night, working very very hard, and we are actually putting you to bed. We're waking up some people, but we're also saying good night to some of you. So if you are actually on your way home working very hard, well maybe just loafing off during the night, not working that hard at your job, please give us a call so we can say good night to you our nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one four three. If you are fi work, please let us know give us good this morning so we can say good night. Nine four one oh four three all right, the next song we've got?
Speaker 2: Then, what have we got?
Speaker 3: We go to Oh Wow Stnge cold classic from Kenny Loggins. This is a fantastic song on Gold one oh four point three Kill the.
Speaker 1: Lullaby the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Anny Loggins Footloose or Request Friday on the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gold one of four point three. I enjoyed that this morning we did in the studio Darryl. That is for you just finish working a fourteen day shift and is looking forward to a weekend of getting footloose. Good luck dw Okay, So we're looking for you this morning if you are on your way home. You've been working through the night and we're not actually waking you up getting you going this morning. We are saying good night to you. You want to give us a call, this is you nine four one four one oh four three. We're here for you hard work in Melbourne shift workers.
Speaker 2: First of all, we go to Russell.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Russell, good morning, So Russell, what have you been doing enduring the night?
Speaker 9: I've just been working at Uh wasn't at the watchhouse and dan Non police station.
Speaker 2: On police station right, busy night now quiet night tonight. I'm surprised. I thought he'd been quite busy, you know, the soccer on.
Speaker 3: Maybe people have a few too many drinks and kicking off afterwards, not happy about the result.
Speaker 7: I guess it's Australia last maybe riots up and down?
Speaker 2: And what are you?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Are you a sergeant in VIC Police acting sergeant an.
Speaker 3: Acting Sergeant Jackson, acting DJ here as well? All right, Russell, so are you really heading home right now? Then you're going to go and try and get some sleep.
Speaker 11: Today, you hit some sleep and then I'll get up later and might have you hit a golf later and then do it all again tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: All right, well listen, good luck. Don't keep working so hard protecting us here in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Good night, Russell, Acting Sergeant Russell. He's checking out right now.
Speaker 3: He's get into this big old police bed.
Speaker 2: All right, No night, Russell, Good night, Russell. Russell's off the bed now, can keep it quiet, everyone. Russell's rays Our Gay is off the bed.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three one.
Speaker 3: Four point three good Morning's to Christian O'Connor breakfast show. That was for Danny in Botanic Ridge. Now we've been looking for this morning. We can do this every Friday. If you work harder on the night we're here for you. Just actually say good night. I know everybody else we're also waking up this morning, but we're asill saying good night.
Speaker 2: To some of you.
Speaker 3: We've got DJ Steve Strange on the line right now. Good morning, DJ Steve Strange.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Tell you, I'm pretty good.
Speaker 3: Tell me, first of all, is that a reference to the lead singer of visage Fate to Gray.
Speaker 10: Back in the day. It was because we didn't need tax file numbers in those days, so we would make up a name.
Speaker 3: As soon as I Yeah, Producer Nick said, DJ Steve Strange was that I knew that name was familiar.
Speaker 2: I thought was the lead sing of.
Speaker 10: Yeah. The name just stuck since the eighties. I've been a DJ since the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: Good man, So listen, what have you been doing during the night you've been working?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've been doing DJ bingo at Westwater's Hotel in Caroline Springs.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant. Please tell me how does DJ Bingo work.
Speaker 10: Well, we go around, we give you a card. It's perforated. You open it up. It's got nine bands inside. We played a song. I asked the question and ask all night who sings this song? And it's frung? Your card? Your market off?
Speaker 2: Three in a row Bingo, DJ Bingo? And what do they win?
Speaker 10: Exactly right?
Speaker 2: What do you win?
Speaker 10: Exactly right? Sorry?
Speaker 2: What do you win?
Speaker 10: What do you win?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 10: It varies on the place. At the West Waters tonight was a leader bottle of wine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then see Bingo Cardi' chugging a leisure of wine.
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yes, do you know what so you can continue to party afterwards.
Speaker 3: We've been getting this ten k neuropeak work day wrong. It needs to be the ten liter bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's what we need to do. We need to harp our game with this. Listen, DJ Steve Strange, we need to use you at some point when we do a live show, which I'm hoping we can do it in the next couple of months. We need to get you on board to do live version of DJ Binga.
Speaker 10: I would love to And you're.
Speaker 3: Working tonight, You're going to be working later on over the weekend. Give yourself a plug where you're.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 10: I generally work on weekends. We do football clubs and stuff like that, or corporate functions, and we have been working with a couple of the old football legends like Warwick Kappa, Dougie Hawkins and Coxie from Channel nine.
Speaker 7: So you got a car full of later bottles of wine that you just drive all around the city.
Speaker 10: No, that's supplied by the venue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, Jack, get it right. Okay, this guy's a.
Speaker 3: Car sacked all right, Q Steve DJ Steve strange of car't and around booze the boot of his car?
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, have a good weekend. Thanks for corning.
Speaker 10: Good night, Thank you very much. Good night.
Speaker 1: You know the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show gold one O four point three.
Speaker 3: We have Danny to thank for playing this song what Brian song Golden Earing Radar Love All requests Friday, every song while you are this break the show between now and ten am. Danny and Lanwarren thank you very much. That sometimes you hear a song and do you mind go somewhere else?
Speaker 2: Don't you?
Speaker 3: Do you ever do this where you listen to a song and suddenly you're in a movie in your own head?
Speaker 4: Where did you go there?
Speaker 2: Where did I go there? I was a detective.
Speaker 3: I've been throwing, I've been suspended, but I know this perp definitely did it, and they've taken my badge and gun. And I'm following this guy, you know, in my own time, because I know that.
Speaker 2: He did it.
Speaker 3: And I'm pretty close to closing this case. And in my car, it's late and I haven't shaved in about two which's been sleeping in the car, just casing this guy out, and I'm following him. I don't even know where I'm going if I've got enough fuel in the car, but I know that I am following the path to justice.
Speaker 4: Is this why we're not allowed to talk to each other during the song?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I should have said when we started working together, Jack that sometimes I like to go somewhere in a little movie in my head. But anyway, thank you Danny and Long Worn for put me back in my favorite movie that I'm always playing in my head that I am that detective. All right, So yesterday you cheered the kids up. Okay, I took them to go and see Incredibles too. Great movie, really, really good movie, and I did something we'd never done before.
Speaker 2: Gold class. Haven't got it in the UK. Gold Class.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable, the first class of movies. Wow.
Speaker 3: So the kids don't get used to it after so how much it costs? And I thought, if you're gonna pay that much, all the food must be free.
Speaker 2: Hey, extra for that.
Speaker 3: I'm just paying for this seat that turns into a bed. Kids loved it though. It's absolutely brilliant. However, you get a different class of advert in Gold class because I'm guessing they think right the kind of people who can afford this. So I'm shoveling a hot dog into my gob and suddenly i see an advert for a Chanel watch, and I'm thinking, I don't think i'm your audience. Okay, I'm not the target audience for a Chanel watch. I'm just a guy. I'm not step into that. But anyway, wehncey, have you seen the first Incredibles movie?
Speaker 4: I haven't. I really enjoy Incredibles.
Speaker 2: Tell you what.
Speaker 3: The second one is fantastic, brilliant, brilliant movie. You got to take your daughter obviously, it's a great movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we're going Sunday.
Speaker 6: Actually, she's got a birthday, you know, the birthday parties every weekend.
Speaker 5: So they're having a movie a movie day Sunday, so she'll see it Sunday.
Speaker 3: My daughter, youngest daughter, she's going to a friend's birthday party this Sunday. And I always say to my kids little life tip here. Always find out who in the class has got the dad that earns the most money. Even if you don't like them, make them your friend. They're all going to see the new Jurassic part movie this weekend. Twenty of them parents are loaded, gold class.
Speaker 5: Times twenty a crown or somewhere is.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah, twenty of them gold class.
Speaker 5: What are they going to a restaurant after we Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think they're going to Nobra before cocktails. Anyway, we played this last week. We started to find out as we were doing the show, this is a show number fifteen, that Jack hasn't seen many movies, despite claiming to have studied it some sort of community college.
Speaker 7: Yes, I did film at Tafe. I have actually seen a lot of movies, just a lot of the ones that are brought up on this show. I just buy an unlucky bound. I haven't seen as we heard, I have seen the incredible So all movies mentioned today?
Speaker 3: Oh well, let's go back to last Friday when you were just calling him with your favorite movie, asking if Jack had seen.
Speaker 10: It, any of the lethal weapon movies.
Speaker 4: I've not seen them.
Speaker 10: Connery in a Highlander now, No, gott be good Fellows.
Speaker 2: Stun Cold Classic, No, all right, well, look to be fair? Should we try again?
Speaker 4: Why didn't you edit Taller Dagon Knights into there.
Speaker 3: Told the team not to do that? Nine four one O four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: The Cars Shake It Up and Gold one four point three Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show for Crown. We're playing now, has Jack seen it? You just jump on air and give it's a movie, one of your favorite movies. Let's find out if Jack has indeed seen it?
Speaker 2: Roscoe, Yeah, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Great movie, great classic, classic eighties movie.
Speaker 2: Eli yep, Molly ringwoll Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: What Oh my god, don't you forget about me, either the song or the movie.
Speaker 4: The detention I know about the films.
Speaker 2: It's about the great eighties movie.
Speaker 12: Haven't you should give your tight degree away.
Speaker 4: That should be today's price.
Speaker 3: That's great, Roscoe, I love that. I guess it's the medica. Is that the equivalent of a doctor being struck off? That's a jackness to get take back his degree, or a lawyer ban Bard.
Speaker 2: Yep, Roscoe, thank you very much. Cool. Have a good weekend you too. By Trevor.
Speaker 10: Look, yeah, Lord of the Rings?
Speaker 4: Okay? Interesting? Which one?
Speaker 2: All three of them? Any?
Speaker 4: I can do all three? I cannot watched all three in one day?
Speaker 10: Extend?
Speaker 2: What Why would you do that to yourself, Trevor? There's too much hobbit action. All those hairy feet.
Speaker 10: Yeah, come out of their feelings being chased by hawks.
Speaker 2: Eve been brainwashed?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: Which one have you said? I wouldn't recommend it.
Speaker 7: The only one I've seen is number two, and I saw first Who Goes into Straight?
Speaker 2: At Number two?
Speaker 7: I saw it in a placked cinema and everybody else was on the edge of their seats, and I was by to the two hour mark. I was slumped down, ready to go to sleep. I just couldn't get into it because.
Speaker 10: Because you've only seen a third of a movie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I don't have the backstory. I guess of number one, but I thought you could jump in.
Speaker 3: We've got Peter Jackson, all right, Trevor having nice. We came down to the corner, mark, what's the movie? Which is the Ace classic?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Have I seen The Wizard of Oz?
Speaker 7: Now I've seen obviously clips of it. I'm picturing it in my mind. The Monkins throw the Munchkins. Oh no, I haven't seen it because remember you played It's part of Pat's News the other week.
Speaker 4: You played that Munchkins song and that was that was brand How.
Speaker 3: Did you get through your childhood without seeing the Wizard of Oz?
Speaker 4: I wasn't born in the nineteen thirties?
Speaker 2: Was I was Pats? But everyone's seen The Wizard of Us. It's a classic movie.
Speaker 4: I know about it.
Speaker 2: What is that? Three to us?
Speaker 4: Three nil?
Speaker 2: Three nil?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's even worse than last week. You know you've not got a single run yet. Let's got a Terry Hurricane Washington, brilliant movie. But The Boxer Wrongly in Prison an amazing book as well about Reuben Hurricane Carter.
Speaker 4: I've heard the Bob Dylan song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also about him as well. But the movie's brilliant. You never see a bad Denzel Washington movie.
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't seen this one.
Speaker 2: Get out all right? Sorry about that. Terry has not seen that one? Final one. This is a classic Australian movie.
Speaker 4: Come on, I have to have seen at least one. I'm on right here.
Speaker 3: I genuinely be stunned. I hope for you you have seen this one, Jared.
Speaker 10: Muriel's wedding, Muriel's wedding.
Speaker 2: I've seen it a couple of times.
Speaker 5: You're a terrible Muriel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that line, I know that line.
Speaker 2: You're not seen it.
Speaker 4: I've seen four weddings in a funeral.
Speaker 5: No no, Beca's such an Australian movie.
Speaker 2: It's a classic Australian movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't even know what happens in it.
Speaker 5: Such a sad undertone in that movie.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you terrible Muriel.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'll just saying that line. Thank you, Jared, thank you very much. Sounds like he won one of those earlittle balls of wine last night with DJ.
Speaker 1: Bingo The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three rounds, Big Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two. I heard something you want to complain about phone Christian on nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 3: Good luck, Hey coome morning, It's to Christian O'Connor Backfast Show. It's this gone six minutes past seven Friday morning. You on control the music every single Friday on my show on Gold one oh four point three. We've got Jenny on the line now kicking off this hour's songs. Jenny, good morning, Good morning, How are you pretty good?
Speaker 2: It's Friday? Jenny? What can we play? You and one? Bortanley? Why can I have Mustang Kelly play? Yes?
Speaker 3: You can Brimory from the movie The Commitments.
Speaker 10: Thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right, it's yours, Jenny, have a top weekend.
Speaker 5: Thank you you too.
Speaker 3: You can let us know what songs you want to hear. On nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Good morning the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, welcome mister Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three for Crown Show number fifteen. That's right, the Pommy is stall here, fifteen shows in on today's show. Then you're picking all the music is all request again, so let us know what you want to hear and why as well. Jack will be sing the week at eight forty five and we've got fun thing we're going to do after eight o'clock before that, I want to know what you're rock to this weekend and why should we give you a callback on Monday to see how it went? What happened for me eldest daughter, the teenager, and my wife. They're into their diving. They've got their Paddy certificates. They are going diving tomorrow at eight thirty am off Flinders frazing, yeah, yep, breezing, yep, that's what a bomb is like to do. I're looking for I don't know. Apparently they're going to see sea dragons.
Speaker 5: What do they even exist?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I googled it yesterday.
Speaker 7: Beautiful looking think have some Australians told I've been ripped off again?
Speaker 4: Go see the Australian sea dragons.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what a shame you never saw any story? Still have us five hundred bucks? Better luck next time with the old.
Speaker 2: Sea dragons suckers, bloody poms.
Speaker 3: So they're doing that, then, I have quite the gig tomorrow for me and my youngest daughter Lois, who's eleven.
Speaker 2: You've met her. She's into her look and her clothes.
Speaker 3: Yep, I've got to go and take her into the CBD tomorrow shopping for a pair of jeans. Now, to some of you though, oh, that'll be easy. You'll just go to the first shop and buy a pair of jeans. No no, no, no, no, no no no. I will be dragged around, getting weaker and weaker. I'll have to sit on that little man chair they have outside the dressing rooms, under that horrible strip translucent lighting, sucking the soul out of my life.
Speaker 2: While we try on fifty seven pairs of jeans.
Speaker 3: We will argue, because I will say those ones are too low, and they're sure you belly button. Those have got too many rips. I don't mind one rip, threes are ripped too many. So that with this argument, that's my day of help tomorrow. May the force be with you, yep, looking for these highly coveted genes for search for the jeans.
Speaker 7: So would you rather, at eight thirty in the morning be in the sea in a cobo No no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No no way no. I'll take that. I've taken h ANDM tomorrow and find these flipping jeans. Jack, what are you up to this weekend.
Speaker 7: I'm actually thinking of withdrawing of my weekend plans for a cold based reason as well. Were my friends are going to Tokenwall, which is up near the New South Wales border camp over the weekend. Fresh This is the current temperature in Tokenwall right now, just one, just one.
Speaker 3: You're sleeping on the grounds, when you're in a tent, you're on the grounds.
Speaker 7: The forecast over the next few days includes zero and minus two.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's not camping weather. Toms to coui back of the summer. All right, I bet this time of the.
Speaker 4: Year, I think I'm going to pull out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just say you bit busy, just make come something good? Question and that that would take a weekend with this air as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points.
Speaker 3: Three playing the song to Melbourne wants to hear run the songs they heard two hours ago and Jua Lipa Cultures or Rising sign on the Christian of Conorbert for Sean Gold one oh four point three, who pit that that is an amazing song. Please can someone request this every single Friday?
Speaker 5: Agreed that this is such the great song best Chisel songs I reckon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it felt songs like that mere I wish I could play the piano because.
Speaker 2: In that song, they're just hammering it, and I reckon.
Speaker 3: If you're playing that live, you're stood up playing that in those keys and you're hammering those keys, you're not sat down for a song of that. Catherine in Sea for you legend for picking that song. That is brilliant.
Speaker 7: What is your best instrument? If I could play anything, what you like? Have you ever played anything?
Speaker 2: Um?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Asked to leave a memo mates trying to form a band and.
Speaker 4: What was the band called?
Speaker 2: Not now? I don't want to I was in.
Speaker 3: A I can't go back to a bad place, but they asked me to leave the band. Come on, I was gonna go Friday Move, Come on, Gold Chisel, Pam, good money, Bam, halped me out here, drag me out of the hole that Jack has just chucked me down.
Speaker 2: They sacked me from my own band.
Speaker 9: Oh they know I love Colches or I love Jimmy, but I went and seeing him at Festival Hall years ago.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the thing is?
Speaker 3: Right? As a friends of Mine song? A couple of months ago it's like a smaller gig. There's only like a hundred tw hundred people. Yeah right, he was still absolutely amazing, like he was playing in the stadium.
Speaker 9: Yeah no, he's great.
Speaker 3: Now there's some Pam. I know we spoke to you earlier in the week. I wanted to get you back to see how the practice has been going. But a lot of people wouldn't have heard that part of the show because quite early on. Please Pam tell everyone the amazing thing that you were doing.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow, I'm trialing both nicke kelpies in dances with dogs and I'm doing heel work.
Speaker 2: To music, not just music. What's the song, Pam? Oh so shy.
Speaker 9: Stop both spots girls, Pam dancing with two dogs, which.
Speaker 3: Is appravate because you've ever seen the Spice Girls. There's basically five dogs. No no, no, no, come on hey hey, well.
Speaker 2: No no no no, no, no, no no, come on?
Speaker 4: Not on gold Actually find kelpies a beautiful animal.
Speaker 2: Thank you for.
Speaker 9: Taking Oh mine are both not the working variety. They're the show kelpies what they call Australian kelpies. Oh what ones? They run around the show ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: The love also and how can you train them to do. So you is that them dancing the boat right now? So are you doing hill to.
Speaker 2: Work with them? Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 9: He'll work to music. So you've got eighty heel positions. And the puppy's doing she's doing one two three yep. And the older dog he's doing one two three, four five Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want the older guy to be doing the four five bits. That's in my experience with.
Speaker 4: How many opposition says.
Speaker 9: When the older one will do it or not? He makes up his mind on the day. I mean, I've trialed my dogs at Melbourne Royal and I did the whole routine while he stood there and.
Speaker 2: Looked at me. Oh, Pam, that's brutal.
Speaker 9: Oh no, I mean at the end of the day you have to love the dogs, yeah, because I mean they embarrass.
Speaker 7: You a lot.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Pam, So what time is this? What's time you doing this tomorrow? Because I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Speaker 9: The trial starts at ten o'clock yep.
Speaker 3: And if you want to come down and watch, where is this taking place tomorrow?
Speaker 9: Who's coming to watch?
Speaker 2: The listens might want to come down and watch. I don't know. Who's coming. I've got names on the door at the moment.
Speaker 9: It's a very good spectator sport actually, but it is.
Speaker 2: This is great fun.
Speaker 3: But if people listening to this, Pam, they want to come and cheer you and the kelpies on.
Speaker 2: Where do they go?
Speaker 9: It said Tom the Calibra Club at Buller.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, well listen, good luck. We catch up with you Monday morning.
Speaker 9: Okay, Then am I giving you a call Monday morning?
Speaker 8: Am I?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Why about that?
Speaker 3: We are loaded on this stage. You might have seen the posters of me everywhere. They're throwing cash away at the moment.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't you save the phone? But okay, okay, we'll call you, Pam.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Dony.
Speaker 2: Just love Pam.
Speaker 3: Everyone should have a friend like Pam. We catch you, do I call you? Can I reverse the charges?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three rounds, Big Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two.
Speaker 3: Billy Joel and Gold one A four point three. Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connell rackforst Show.
Speaker 2: River of Jeans four. Listen to Barry in Churnside Park.
Speaker 3: You're picking all the music today like we do every single Friday on the show. You can call on nine four four one four three Rading. Yes, good morning, Good morning Rady listen. Thanks for being so patient and wait to speak to us. I really wanted to have a chat with you. So we've been asking Bip, what are you up to this weekend? Why should we give you a call back Monday to find out how you get on?
Speaker 2: You've got a first date I do tonight. What's happening? Do you know where you going? What you're doing?
Speaker 8: He's taking me up for dinner somewhere, but I don't know where.
Speaker 4: Right than dinner, This is like Christian having lunch with Eddie Maguire.
Speaker 3: Under the table by the time the dessert comes round.
Speaker 6: That's a dilemma, though, what are you aware If you don't know where you're going, that's like a nightmare.
Speaker 8: Through at the end of the table.
Speaker 2: He's got to buy your drink first.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're a classy lady, and right you're right pants as well?
Speaker 2: Have you sorted out your outfit? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Probably just jeans and a top of some sort and my black boots.
Speaker 5: Nice gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: And how do you meet this guy's online? Swapping left swapping right online.
Speaker 8: He contacted me on Tuesday and I think they're spoken on the phone since Tuesday for about five hours all up, and he's been messaging me every morning.
Speaker 3: Really, how did you choose him? What was it about you? Like the look of him, like the color of his hair? How does it work?
Speaker 8: Just a lot of the same interests as what I have, so such as put it down, I support the same team or no, he's not really into football, yep, but that's okay, that doesn't bother me. Yeah, he enjoys camping markets, country drives to towns that haven't been to before.
Speaker 3: So yeah, sounds too good to be true. I know, watch out. I don't trust him already raiding. I don't trust this guy.
Speaker 4: Why are the country drives?
Speaker 2: No of the camping who says that they enjoy camping? You know, Yeah, you can.
Speaker 8: Go camping, but you've got to get one of those steel framed beers that's up off the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, rating, don't start talking about the bed arrangements when you go camping together. Okay, just wait till a third date before you start talking about that. Don't come and knocking off the tens of rock and railing. Okay, wait until the third or fourth date. Okay, make him wait rating before he undoes your fly sheet. That's enough.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: In this weather you do have to huddle together for body warmth in the.
Speaker 8: Middle of exactly right. And I heard that you were going camping or thought of going camping. Yeah, but total will this week in so that I said, you need one of those steel framing bits. Yeah, lying on the ground.
Speaker 3: Now, you've got to be off the ground otherwise your kidneys, everything's freezing.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 12: Exactly right.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, Raining, I hope you have a fantastic time tonight.
Speaker 2: I hope you both really enjoy yourself. So do you mind if I give you a call Monday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine, awesome, have a great time tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Good luck Raining.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three brilliant by Chris in Hoppers Crossing.
Speaker 3: You want to hear that Peter Goobie on Sledgehammer time now for this part of the show. My favorite part of the week were our resident musical genius Jack Pens a song that tells you hopefully the story of the Breakfast Show this week. We've been through a lot this week, and let's find out how Jack is going to put it to song with this beautiful voice and is it all banjo over there? Ah?
Speaker 4: These are a few highlights from the week.
Speaker 2: In song. What you said that jumbled up a bit?
Speaker 4: First time, I'm doing a cover of an original of a real song.
Speaker 7: Okay, you had to pick a footy team, but it.
Speaker 14: Was harder than it seemed.
Speaker 7: Even Nadie McGuire tried to woo ya.
Speaker 2: He couldn't get in his mind.
Speaker 7: But by Wednesday show you'd made your pick. After every team had made their pitch, you cred out the demons is who are you there?
Speaker 2: My guys?
Speaker 13: Read and blue, red and booa, red and blue, Read and boom.
Speaker 3: Let me see if the fans will sing along as I start the supper the next game I go to.
Speaker 7: We remembered films that made us cry like inside now when.
Speaker 2: Bing Bang died.
Speaker 7: Disney Pixar films can be so cruel, so maybe Christian should see a lesser amount of kids movies.
Speaker 14: There's another one also gave him the blues, Nanny McPhee two Ya.
Speaker 4: Nanny McPhee. Two Ya, Nanny McPhee too.
Speaker 2: The thought was dead.
Speaker 4: He came Nanny McPhee too.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 7: My parents have been away on a Uropean holiday. Christian asked me where they were in if.
Speaker 2: I noon, he had somewhere in Europe.
Speaker 7: I thought they might be in Italy, maybe there in Germany.
Speaker 2: Murdy.
Speaker 13: The way the story I.
Speaker 4: Tell is true.
Speaker 15: My mom kiss Merve use Yer, she kissed move use Yer.
Speaker 4: She kiss morveuse Yer, she kiss Morve You.
Speaker 3: Give it up the Jack post. That is your best so far. You've raised already a high bar. Well done.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 3: I hope you enjoyed that. We'll stick the video up on our Facebook page as well. But that is Jack Sings the week ten out of ten for me.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, bringing the biggest audience figures to this radio station since we started making the numbers up. This is the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, he then every single Friday on this show. This is how we do the music. You were in charge of it, so we already had two hours of brilliant songs picked by you. Let's find out what we've got next. To kick start this hour, we go to Adrian. Good morning, Adrian, Well Christian, I'm pretty good. It's Friday. I hope you're in a Friday mood as well. What can we play for you?
Speaker 11: Oh, like a Friday on my mind by these you beats?
Speaker 2: If I could please you can be a pleasure to play. This is a brilliant song. Have a top weekend too much?
Speaker 1: The Christian oho'connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Friday on my Mind by the Easy Beats. That is such a great song. Thank you very much. All the song requests that are coming in, playing some brilliant music today they haven't heard for a while.
Speaker 2: This is fantastic. Adrian and Barrett picked that.
Speaker 3: Then he works hard all week Friday and that's why it's always on his mind. We've got more brilliant music on the way. If you want to text in your song, you're busy this morning? Oh four seven five three one oh four three all right, I need you to think about your phones right now. Obviously if you're driving, please don't do a thing stupid and endanger yourself. But what is the last text message you sent? All right, your phone out if it's safe, What is the last text message you sent to somebody? Can you just forward that onto me to oh four seven five O three one O four three O four seven five O three one oh four three. Now I wanted to look at that message and think that that was on your tombstone. So for me, my tombstone would read if it goes on. What my last text message I just sent was, don't forget the champagne. Pretty good thing to having your tombstone, right. I had to text that to my sister back in England. So a birthday a couple of days ago. And you know what it's like if you ever forget a birthday, you then feel like you have to pay a bit more on the late gift.
Speaker 2: It's like a It's like a tax, isn't it.
Speaker 3: So I forgot a birthday obviously, can imagine emigrating out here moving now it's just been ut of chaos.
Speaker 4: And you get an extra day here as well.
Speaker 7: So there's no excuses from you because you would have got to her birthday twelve hours before she did not just.
Speaker 3: That postal thing to get from here England. It's about seven to eight days. So the card is going to come. It's gonna be in the next month. It's gonna be in July for birthday that was actually last month. It's just gonna make it even worse. So anyway, I had to ring and find an off license that I could pay over the phone and get some champagne.
Speaker 2: And then I found her.
Speaker 3: Because they live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, they wouldn't deliver the champagne. I had to then wring my sister to say, look, I've got used a load of champagne. You need to go and pick it up. The nearest place they can get this champagne that I've paid for thirty kilometers away. That's not only does your big brother forget your birthday then goes, hey, you need to go and get it.
Speaker 2: And going on a little drive and get the champagne.
Speaker 4: You need to earn your present.
Speaker 2: It is a pain.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I get it cool from the place saying they haven't picked it up in two days. Hence why I texted my sister going, don't forget the champagne. So she's got a nice little weekend trip. She's only got four boys, so she's got nothing better to do. Then go on to a round ship to pick up she'll.
Speaker 5: Need it by the time she gets.
Speaker 2: All right, Jack, what's the last text message you sent? It's your tombstone.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to be the first tombstone with an emoji.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, how very millennial of you. All.
Speaker 7: All I've sent is the praying hands emoji, which I use as a thank you.
Speaker 2: That's really nice. Is like you'll thank in the universe for your life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it'd be nice to see it in color as well on a.
Speaker 2: On a tombstone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That was just to my wife just now. She said, congratulations on the song. It sounded good when I played young One.
Speaker 2: Thank you it's a beautiful thing. Perhaps. What's the last one you.
Speaker 5: Said, babe, I've paid the bill?
Speaker 2: Oh no, private dancer to my husband.
Speaker 6: We have a relationship via text message a lot of the time. You know what it's like when you've got kids. Yeah, this is crazy, so we often.
Speaker 2: It's mainly just admin, isn't it. Don't forget the milk? Are we out of eggs?
Speaker 7: It's so boring sometimes to read through your partner and your messages just to go.
Speaker 4: This is all just so.
Speaker 2: Admire Its just the admin of life is back.
Speaker 6: And and then the one before it actually was can you grab mineral water and juice please on your way home?
Speaker 2: Very healthful?
Speaker 3: Right then, so send us your last text message this fallard onto me oh four seven five three one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian Who Conwell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Only on God one a four point three. We let you pick all the news.
Speaker 3: It not just one song, all the songs for every Friday's Breakfast Show. Tina Turner simply best Tania in Dandeno For her, it's the ultimate playlist song that reminds her of us school disco nights. Do you know we should make a playlist? What will be the ultimate school disco playlist?
Speaker 7: Well, I told you adds ober the Greek at my primary school disco and final song incredible?
Speaker 2: So was it like an orthodox Greek school you went to?
Speaker 4: No regular public school?
Speaker 2: Really packing out the Greek? So I guess would you all put your arms right?
Speaker 4: Did the big circle?
Speaker 2: But that was great fun though?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I remember it finally yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, Well it starts with the playlist. It goes from Tina Turner some of the Best twos or but the Greek.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 3: You have crashed the text machine At the moment, our engineers are working on it.
Speaker 2: So to play this game.
Speaker 3: This morning, text tombstone, It probably be easy if you call in and just tell me what was the last text message you sent? Let us know what it is. That'll be your tombstone. Nine four one four one o four three. Gary, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 12: There are you going.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good, Gary, I helped you're well this morning, So for you. Then, what's some Gary's tombstone? What's the last text message you sent?
Speaker 12: Is that the name of your sex tape?
Speaker 2: Wow? So much, so much?
Speaker 3: If I could buy here, Gary, if you don't mind, who are you sending that to?
Speaker 12: To one of the guys on site. I've got guys working for me and they've Have you ever seen a show called Brooklyn nine to nine?
Speaker 2: I love it? I was watching it last night with my kids. We love that show.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well we sort of stole that from there, and yeah, we say it all the time now about just because you can apply it to almost any sentence you can think of.
Speaker 2: It's quite right. Yes, you're quite right. Yes, simply the best.
Speaker 12: I've got a guy on site and he's trying to get a little fitting to quick together, and he sent me a message chain. Do you want me to push harder?
Speaker 11: And I said, there you go.
Speaker 3: It works all right, Gary, Thank you very much for sharing that pleasure.
Speaker 2: We Charmaine.
Speaker 4: Hello, it's a she's swearing?
Speaker 2: Is that name, Charmaine? What's going on? Who's calling it? Stephen Hawkins calling us from the other side. It's sorry, I don't know what's going on. Problem in the phones, Charmaine. What's the last text message you sent?
Speaker 4: Get well soon?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, that's a bit of an ironic one's having your tombstone, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Have a lovely weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Stuart, I Christian.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm saying the Stuart. What's the last text message you sent? It's a tombstone.
Speaker 11: I'll say you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful kind of sadness. A point.
Speaker 7: Make this sound like the person coming to visit the grave is going to die the next day.
Speaker 3: That's one into It's more like a threat. I'll see you tomorrow in hell. Ah right, Stuart, thank you very much. You cool have a good weekend. Good all right, send us yours then call us up, tell us what's lots? Text message you sent on nine to.
Speaker 2: Breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Rounds big guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two. Now certain songs so I have a certain time of place in your life are your mini soundtrack? This tet tronic Pump up the sham bit by Anna for a workmate Michael my college radio show that I got sacked from after three shows. Oh no, inappropriate material in one morning.
Speaker 4: We've heard you've been fired from a band.
Speaker 2: Okay, come on, why to have some highlights? Please? Why all the low lights? Okay? Anyway, thank you so much. That's a brilliant song.
Speaker 3: I love it every Friday now that you're picking all the music because the last half and our songs we've played, it looks like you've all come back to mind and everyone's had a couple of drinks and you're putting on random songs.
Speaker 2: We've got Friday on my mind.
Speaker 3: Easy beats with the Our the AEDG to clot News thanks to Adrian, then Tani and dandel and picked the best team to turn the all great songs so far and then out of nowhere technotronic, we've pump up the jam. I haven't heard that in years. Thank you very much for that for Anna yesterday. Don't know if you heard, but Helen and Frankston waking up this morning ten thousand dollars richer. She won the ten k no repeat work day. The good news is not just good news to you, good news to you as well. There is another ten thousand dollars out there, so could go again during today or Monday, who knows, but ten thousand more dollars are out there, all right, then, so let's do this. Then we're asking you this morning, what's the last text message you've sent? Let me know, imagine that text message. It is now going to be your tombstone. That's how the world's going to remember you when they come and visit you to pay respects. Janet, what are we reading on your tombstone?
Speaker 2: Janet?
Speaker 5: Like chicken?
Speaker 3: That's prittiant, Jenna, have a lovely weekend, thanks lot.
Speaker 2: Tara. What do we see when we come to Tara's tombstone?
Speaker 9: Tasted fine to me.
Speaker 3: That's like the ultimate punchline. That's great. That's a Tara. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Jenna.
Speaker 3: If I come to your tombstone with some flowers, what's it going to say.
Speaker 2: Going to say Turkey Bum is in here.
Speaker 8: With me away from the boys.
Speaker 3: You've got a lot to You have a very small font on your tombstone. To get on that one.
Speaker 2: Tarty bum is in here with me away from the boys.
Speaker 3: Dare I ask who or what is Tarti Bum?
Speaker 2: Turkey bumb is Milo my foster cat threw.
Speaker 8: Sunny Days Rescue Rehab.
Speaker 2: Find us on Facebook.
Speaker 13: At the moment?
Speaker 2: What are you starting out there? You call it?
Speaker 1: I'm a tractor on a tractor now, I'm on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: All the traffic's going past me. All right, got you? Okay? So you're a rescue center for cats, well, I passed her for a rescue center in Avalon near Geelong for Sunny Days rescue and rehab.
Speaker 3: Good for you, all right, that's fantastic thing to do, Jenna. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Bye, and this is a great one. I'll let Julian be the last one that we do feel on these for now. Julia, if it comes to your grave? What are we going to see on the tombstone?
Speaker 10: Sorry, I can't talk right now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three question.
Speaker 3: I'm coming back to the show and gone one four point three points. Stevie Winward, Hi, Love Sans, I want to hear that this morning for Crown. This is coming up for twenty to nine. You know sntos where someone you gotta shake someone's hand or you go to fist pump them and then they've got some other sort of hand strange fist pump that you don't quite know what the protocol is, and there's that horble moment you put the hand out for handshake, they've got a fist and you just hover in the air. E part of you dies in that moment. We've just found out what the radio equivalent is. It happened to me about twenty five minutes ago. Call Us says, good day. I don't know whether it's okay for me yet to say that. I don't have to set any of you, and so I simply think this is the best thing to say.
Speaker 2: This is so great.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's my way at the moment it's like the training place before it's ready, if it's ever right for me to.
Speaker 2: Say good day.
Speaker 3: But I didn't think it would be right for me to say gooday, So it started to come out and then I ate the words. I guess undo. Isn't it on a laptop?
Speaker 4: It sounds like if we play it backwards, you'll be speaking.
Speaker 2: There might be a cod it's tarting to play this. Our Friday game has Jack God news for you?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is where you take me on. Jack's got some news stories. They come from either England or Australia.
Speaker 4: That's true. This you left me ag.
Speaker 10: Speak.
Speaker 2: Isn't he a mented?
Speaker 3: I mean there is a paceman and a good guy, like he said, call up if you want to play.
Speaker 2: That's it. Okay.
Speaker 3: Jack's got a new stories. You've got to guess whether they're from England or Australia. You're going up against me. Who knows the country's.
Speaker 1: More but Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Bring an e l O Shining Little Love on Gold one oh four point three, Good morning, have you well? A sworning fantsay shooting in It's a Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: I know it's a nice day today, but.
Speaker 3: If you want a bit more heat, three cities, one low price at flight Center, you can fly to Hong Kong, London. They're trying to want to get me reading this out. You're trying to send me back already and Los Angeles. Ah, that's stupid. From just one thousand, one hundred and seventy nine dollars, Clil Fights Cool Fights Center now on one three, one six hundred. That's flight Center now on one three, one six hundred, trying to play.
Speaker 2: This has Jack God news for you? All right?
Speaker 3: You're taking me on four stories? Are they either from England or Australia taking me on?
Speaker 2: This week? We have Kate, good morning, Hi, how you going? I'm pretty good?
Speaker 10: Kate?
Speaker 2: Howe you on a Friday movie? Have you had a good week?
Speaker 9: Pretty good?
Speaker 11: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Okay?
Speaker 3: Kate in fun good Gully Over to you. Jack, You're now in control, bad idea.
Speaker 7: Christian, you're up first, tell me if the following headline is from Australia or the UK. Boy diagnosed with first case of cowpox in more than ten years after calf nibbled his hand Queensland, Australia.
Speaker 4: That is incorrect.
Speaker 2: It is really yeah, well you don't.
Speaker 7: Get a point for that if you're saying because it's a fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: So you'll get a new.
Speaker 4: That is from Wales.
Speaker 7: The fifteen year old has shock doctors after contracting the first case of cowpox seen in over a decade. Cow Pox was common amongst milk maids in the eighteenth century.
Speaker 3: It's coming out the hipsters had brought it back over there retro flashback illness?
Speaker 2: Kate?
Speaker 7: Is this headline from the UK or from Australia? Boy sixteen sent home from school for wearing shorts?
Speaker 4: So, I guess what you're going to think here?
Speaker 7: Is too cold in Australia, So Australian school has sent him home for wearing shorts? Or has a boy in the UK got too hot and gone against the trousers rules and got sent home for wearing shorts.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Kate?
Speaker 9: It's got to be the UK.
Speaker 4: She is correl this is fixed.
Speaker 2: You bring these questions.
Speaker 3: I know how you like to play Australia, all right, as we're going to round two, must win for me.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that UK was so posh, you couldn't wear shorts to school?
Speaker 2: Is in that country? We love rules? Do you do over here as well?
Speaker 7: Christian is the following headline from Australia or the UK. This is a must score round for you. Granddad leaves behind treasure trove of eighty thousand records, believed to be the country's biggest collection.
Speaker 4: You're bringing in.
Speaker 7: Your records today to do by request all morning on.
Speaker 2: The show or Vinyl wearing me out? Cut up all these songs. It's England that is incorrect.
Speaker 7: Is Australia?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get it.
Speaker 7: Okay again because there are only fifty fifty questions.
Speaker 4: You can't you can't score, but you are correct.
Speaker 7: That was Ken Perkins who spent more than fifty years building up his collection.
Speaker 3: Were abouse in this country? Is that it was kem that we need to get some of his records?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think he was from the Gold Coast.
Speaker 7: Okay it for me now that actually I just retrieved that from my Mindy is in there. You've already been Christian. But if you go a clean sweep and get two from two, you can have double the prizes.
Speaker 3: Oh yay?
Speaker 4: Is the what they are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Is the following your line from Australia or the UK man fine for driving with a foggy windscreen.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Australia.
Speaker 4: You're correct, Australia.
Speaker 13: What does.
Speaker 2: All right, Kate, let's find out what you won. You have one ice skating.
Speaker 3: You can go ice skating this winter holiday at skating at which is on twenty second on Tune to the fifteenth of July. If you want to find it more, visits skating at dot com for more info.
Speaker 2: We'll give you a family pass. Ok, two family passes. Bring two fans, Thank you, strangers, bring everyone, bring the street wherever you live. All right, kay, you have a lovely weekend. Thank you, all right, take care.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we're here for another hour playing more of your request. If there's anything you want to hear, let us know on nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 2: We've got accidentally played that off there.
Speaker 3: Hamis mcglonchlin is coming up in about ten or fifteen times. Obviously he's been on the show during ten like.
Speaker 4: Ab is coming up ten or fifteen times for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: That's too much famous. He's going to be on the phone. He's from the airport. I'm guessing he's heading out for do you think he's calling tonight it's my new team he's going against Port.
Speaker 4: Would be on his way to Downlaid tonight.
Speaker 3: He's going to be the airport obviously in the lounge first class. That guy does not turn right. He's probably actually sat in with the captain, you know, commentating to be stood up commentating. We saw him, you know, swaying from side to side. Down play at the end of the verse. So anyway, what do you think of this? Then he's on to chat to us about this weekend or the games and all that.
Speaker 2: What do you think We forget that and.
Speaker 3: We give him a phrase that he has to work into his commentary this weekend.
Speaker 2: We play it back Monday.
Speaker 4: I love it because he's a professional.
Speaker 3: Professional, all right, And I'm not saying this is the phrase, but something like ping my band with and then somehow during the game.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just.
Speaker 3: He has to say, you know, down play at the end of the first somebody ping my band with? Anyway, all right, so texting, Now, what do you think we should get Hamish if he's up for this, I mean, what do you think? Oh no, that text machine's broken? Yeah, call him what should we get Hamish to say? And then he's got to work it smoothly professionally into his commentary. And then we're playing back Monday to see how we got on nine four one four, one oh four to three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe.
Speaker 1: Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, it's a Christian O'Connor back for the show on Gold one oh four point three. Here for another hour. You're in control of the music. You have been since six o'clock. We do this every Friday on the Breakfast show. Tracy has the honors of picking the first song this hour.
Speaker 2: Good morning Tracy, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm in a really good movie. We played some brilliant songs that you've been picking this morning. What have you got for us, Tracy?
Speaker 9: I've got Motley krue Kicks Start your heart now. They that one kicks start your Friday and nothing will.
Speaker 2: This is a brilliant song. Why do you want to hear this? That's a big fan.
Speaker 10: Oh yes i am.
Speaker 9: I took my beautiful daughter to see them at their last time. Sure, and I'll tell you what you know if you can't pay the great band to the IDs.
Speaker 2: You really know how to rocket? Nobody will excellent.
Speaker 3: All right, you have a great weekend. Enjoy this some Motley Crewe. Tracy all right here on Guard one A four point three, Christian O'Connor reckfor show. All requests Friday, Zarah and keel Or Bart. What's here that Ghostbusters? Ray Parker Junior off the back of Motley Crue and kick start my Heart it works?
Speaker 2: All request I wants.
Speaker 3: Had to stop an interview with Ray Parker Junior about two or three years ago the radio station.
Speaker 2: I was working for.
Speaker 3: Then the filar went off and it wasn't a test, and so he was middle of some real long.
Speaker 2: Story he was going on about. Thank God.
Speaker 3: The farmer part of me always hoped to I'd done it. I was like, right, Ray, right, Rea, Sorry, it's the firearm's gone off. It's not Testay, we need to go now. And I don't know where wherever you work, there's a drill and you all have to walk out, don't you.
Speaker 2: And then there's someone on each floor has.
Speaker 3: To have the high visibility tabard and they've got the little clipboard with all the names. I had to take Ray Parker Junior to the fire assembly point round the corn to give his name to someone because he hadn't signed it. It's Ray, It's Ray Pocket and.
Speaker 2: You spell the junior? Is it just Jay Jane and Ore isn't No? I thought it was here back back in the day. You used to do that.
Speaker 3: This next song then for you from the Lighthouse family. John O in Dandenong. This is great, this is this is this is the only reason I'm playing this told us he would change from Fox in the Morning to us if I play this song for him. I don't normally negotiate with terrorists. However, we need every listener. John O, you're a defector. Now we're welcome me waiver, we come over from the dark side.
Speaker 2: This is you, John O. Bye bye Fox.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's get our you bestie on the show. That is the man you see him doing all the sport on Channel seven. Hey, miss mcgoughlin, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 11: Christian and a half sounds great.
Speaker 3: Oh listen, thank you very very much. Now, I know you're busy working over the weekend. I don't know you heard ten minutes ago when I was just saying, almost drove off the road.
Speaker 2: Right, you did listen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just said, do you know you've got a lot of things that you need to try and say Sometimes on live TV you need to fill for a bit. What if we were to give you a word or a phrase, and from now on you try and find some inventive way to work it into your announcing or commentary.
Speaker 11: It was interesting you said that when I was working at a sports management house, a lady I was working with, whenever a new team member would come on in the first meeting, we gave them the word they had to get in to their first sentence. We're going over the west gate to a golf course where we're running a golf tournament. And I had swiveled. SU's Hawthorne had Rice, and this guy called Paul Roberts had sawed ust. We go over. We're having a meeting with Greg Norman's head of golf, and I said to him first sentence, so sorry, late, I was swiveling in and out of traffic. Couldn't get here any quicker. Sue's Hawthorne over the top says there was an accident on the top of the West Gate. Luckily they're doing rice in a rest ice compression elevation. Looks like the girl's going to be okay. Paul Roberts for the whole hour, I didn't say a thing. As we're leaving the meeting, he says, David, is this a sand or a sword dust based course?
Speaker 10: The guy said, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 11: I know the game?
Speaker 2: But I know the game.
Speaker 10: I've never done it.
Speaker 11: On air, but I like it.
Speaker 10: I like it.
Speaker 2: So were you up for this?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm going to get clearance from mister Kerry Stokes at some point, but why wouldn't you do it?
Speaker 2: It's a good fun okay.
Speaker 3: So the phrase to work in over the weekend, I mean hosting the Toyota halftime show. You're also doing the os kick interview tonight post match. You might work it in there. The phrase to work in Hamish, the phrase that pays for you is flying monkeys.
Speaker 11: Oh, come on, mine monkey?
Speaker 7: Why did you change it last minute? We're going to start with an easier one home But he's changed.
Speaker 2: This guy, this guy can make this work. I know you're.
Speaker 10: Ready saying monkeys.
Speaker 2: You're ready to be.
Speaker 3: Tested as a broadcaster I'm here to test you. You're here to test me. I know you can do.
Speaker 11: This, right, Okay, So just for clarity, tonight we do the tell Us Through Friday Night capdown that's on seven Mate, seven to seventhing. I won't do it this a halftime on seven or post match. I'm not calling the game tonight. I'm calling next Thursday, Richmond City. It's a fire weekend. But so it'll be in a hosting role. Yeah, I don't know that I'm saying this to a seven year old in the Nevoski order. I'm speaking of Wayne care about flying monkeys. But this is going to be very random discussion.
Speaker 2: So I like it. You need to work in you love a challenge. I know you do.
Speaker 3: You've done that in your whole life. Now as trying for you to work in flying monkeys life on TV this weekend.
Speaker 2: Can you do this?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm accepting the challenge.
Speaker 2: I'm not do you know what? You know what?
Speaker 3: Because I appreciate this is a big ask. Here's what I would do, right. You tell me your favorite charity. I will donate. I will donate one hundred dollars to your favorite charity if.
Speaker 2: You do this Okay, that's perfect.
Speaker 11: That's it's got plenty of incentive on it. Now, that's a good deal. Okay, no problem at all.
Speaker 7: And we're asking for tonight, not just any game over the weekend.
Speaker 4: We're asking for.
Speaker 11: No no, I get it, I get it Friday night.
Speaker 3: Yep, no problem.
Speaker 11: Red and brilliant. That was inspired. Jeff Buckley would have been smiling. That was superb.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that great?
Speaker 11: How about the jam? What's the work mate for plying?
Speaker 2: What a morning?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 3: Okay, so listen, I look forward to watching you tonight and everyone tune in see how he does it, and then maybe tweet me at oc you're going off Facebook page, let's know when he did it, when you saw him do it?
Speaker 2: Flying monkeys, flying monkeys. I'm up for it, good man. We'll catch up with your man to have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Legend, have a great weekend, guys, to man the Christian oh connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Christian o'connorreackforst show Friday morning on Gold one a four point three. You're picking all the music every Friday.
Speaker 2: Here on our breakfast show.
Speaker 3: Driving Wheels Jimmy Marn's Bend in South MORANGI for that, David and Ocean Grove with Joy Division. We got time for a couple more songs that are being picked by you after the ad break in a couple of moments. We have a brilliant song from the nineties and a huge behemoth of a song from the seventies as well, picked by more of you. Right now, though, we need took about last night Soccero's game. Jack and I'm both en up putting it in the late shift and watching the game. Is Tim Cahill missing an action? Is Bertie van Barwitt just not picking him because he can't find him?
Speaker 2: Where? Has has anyone seen Tim kay Hill check down the back of your couch? Is Tim there? Why is he coming off like last ten or twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: I feel like I'm the only person in Melbourne who's standing by the coach and saying, I guess you know the players better than.
Speaker 4: What we do as the general public. No, He've been in past news before. She had a just a regular fan on the straight going wow.
Speaker 7: And now obviously we've got to play Tim Cahill mixta or athlete work?
Speaker 2: Do you need some more goals.
Speaker 3: Now you got your last final game that you need the goals the point difference if you want to qualify and you're good enough to qualify. He's a guy that when the crosses are coming in a little bit of soccer talk, crosses are coming in, He's going to capitalize on them and get your goals, should you High's international goalscorer on five. Bring on the k Hill, Lecky and Sainsbury. We're outstanding players as well. Can you tell that? I'm I'm there's nowhere else to have any soccer chat at the moment. I'm just walking around the park with my dog, talking to myself, looking for people to have a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of soccer chat with the Please just engage me for ten seconds. Cahill needs to come on Ingram play.
Speaker 3: No one cares. Just me in this city holding out. I'll be watching it Sunday night, all alone again on my couch.
Speaker 2: I'm on alone.
Speaker 3: I just popped out there to see the team, right, So, you know, great work today and they've been working really hard.
Speaker 2: And do you know what one of them has been doing.
Speaker 4: I've seen one of them fairing in a way on the company.
Speaker 3: Oh do you know what he's been doing. Has he been working for the man or against the man? I had a little accidental moment about two hours ago on the show. Someone called in said good day. I started setting and thought, I don't think it's right for me to say it's too soon? Is it ever right for me to say so? I simply just I just try to eat the words live on air. That that was live good. Brian has made this released that song now the Pommy mix. I'm a psycho killer. The team have got my back here, I've all right thriller.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: There that's the last song for us at Eddie and Style. A whole lot of Love led zep on Gold one and four point three Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Thank you very much for all the requests. Outstanding music, nothing to do with us, all driven by you, Melbourne. So thank you very much for that fantastic way. When this week on the show title Today's show could have been so many things, but we're actually going to go with a new entry in the last down on the show, Flying Monkeys.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: This is the challenge.
Speaker 3: I've issued Hayms McGlocklin with a challenge to work in tonight to his work on Channel seven on Live TV.
Speaker 2: To crowbar in somehow the phrase flying monkeys.
Speaker 3: How do you think he's going to do it? The guys a consummate pro, How is he going to do it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: He usually interviews an oz ki kis hope he doesn't get rid of it there it feels too easy.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you say that to a young kid?
Speaker 4: Oh? What do you like? Stuff like flying monkeys? And yeah, stuff like.
Speaker 2: That game are you playing at the moment?
Speaker 3: Fortnight or the new one Flying Monkeys Winter Camera Flash of the Smile Ladies. I think it's going to be some of that. He do it on the Oars Kicks butick, but anyway, be watching tonight. Let us know on our Facebook page OC one O four three when you spot it, and then we're playing back Monday mornings. So flying Monkeys is the title of today's show. Whatever you up to this weekend, have a top weekend. I forget you're listening all day long Between now and six ten thousand dollars is still up for grabs and could be given away on the ten.
Speaker 2: K, no repeat work day yesterday Esma.
Speaker 3: Elda won it from Frankston Allen, And I know it's not for you to correct me.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: I know when you it's only show fifteen, you never correct me on air. They want to know it's not Esmerelda.
Speaker 4: I forgot if they heard it yesterday.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. I don't care.
Speaker 7: All right, all right, why didn't you come up with a more believable name than if you're going to make it up?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do again.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you keep listening between now and six. We've got great news for CHAZONI. She won the ten k yesterday from Frankston.
Speaker 4: That's right, I heard it here.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: No one had Adverse sported this every Friday on the show a carter to eight. So what producers is held up a sign saying this isn't a repeat?
Speaker 2: What this what we're about to do? What we're about? Oh yeah, yeah, good idea.
Speaker 3: Every Friday corgway, I get Jack to sing the show, tell us a story of what's happened on the week to song. You did a great one, his best one so far. I just need to we are playing this again because it was done two and half hours ago. It isn't us repeating something so you can win ten thousand dollars like Esmerelda yesterday from that Sorry CHAZONI anyway you go, Jack sings the we enjoy with speech you Monday go the dece.
Speaker 7: You had to pick a footy team, but it was harder than it seemed. Even Nadie McGuire tried to woo yah.
Speaker 2: He couldn't get in his mind.
Speaker 7: By Wednesday Show, you'd made your pick, after every team had made their pitch.
Speaker 14: You cred out the demons is who.
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 7: My guys read and blooeya.
Speaker 13: Read and Booa reading Booa.
Speaker 4: Reading boom.
Speaker 3: Let me see if the fans were sing along as I start the summer the next game I go to.
Speaker 7: We remembered films that made us cry like inside out when Bing Bang died.
Speaker 4: Disney picks of films can.
Speaker 7: Be so cruel, So maybe Christian should see a lesser amount of kids movies.
Speaker 14: There's another one also gave him the blues.
Speaker 7: Nanny McPhee two Yeah, Nanny McPhee two yeah.
Speaker 2: Nanny McPhee too was dead. He came back.
Speaker 4: Nanny McPhee too. Yeah.
Speaker 7: For a while, my parents have been away on a Uropean holiday. Christian asked me where they were in if I noon.
Speaker 2: He had no idea somewhere in Europe.
Speaker 7: I thought they might be in Italy, or maybe there in Germany.
Speaker 13: The way the story I tell is true.
Speaker 15: My mom kiss murfuse Yer, she kissed merfuse Yer, she kissed mervuse Yer, she kissed Merv.
Speaker 2: You gifted up the jack.
Speaker 1: Host the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three