Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to download and podcast. One thing that I'm keen to get more of is your emails. There's a great one during today's show that came in about things you agreed to and then instantly regretted from Paul the Electrician. And please don't worry because I know you don't always listen to this show immediately within twenty four hours of the show being live. If you I think about starting your feature on the show called Late to the Party where if you want to email about something that you've just caught up with, even though the show is moved on, you can still get involved.
Speaker 3: So if you want to ping me an email.
Speaker 2: I love those, Christian at Gold one oh four three dot com dot au, big old email, Christian at Gold one oh four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Go and have a snack.
Speaker 2: After you type that out for so long, you probably burnt.
Speaker 3: Up a few calories. Pin me an email and I'd love to go at those.
Speaker 2: Jack actually has some secret show merchandise I haven't seen yet. We're going to start to give that away to the email to get right out on it anyway.
Speaker 1: Enjoy live from Level two twenty one for thirty one good Wood Street.
Speaker 3: Wreshman.
Speaker 1: This is the Chris jan Old God All Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three me cog now, oh boy.
Speaker 2: Why is it every day you appear to go out of your way to make it as hard as possible to do the show with you?
Speaker 4: I honestly I'll hear you. So wave if it's my turn to talk.
Speaker 2: Take the noise canceling headphones off.
Speaker 4: Sorry I just said wa wave if you need me. Good morning, Hey, good morning all safe? Yeah, thank you, thank you for putting up with this. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So we should let you know about this.
Speaker 2: Obviously, for some reason, Jack late yesterday evening contacted all of us saying that we needed to have a sports news soccer US embargo no mention of what happened at midnight throughout today's show, which is nigh on.
Speaker 3: Impossible to do.
Speaker 2: When we've got Pats doing the sports news every thirty minutes. People want to hear what's going on, what's the latest from the World Cup.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm bought in the noise canceling headphones, which I'm playing my own music through so that.
Speaker 2: We can all hear what you listen to Green Day right, angry anarchist music, ready for the uprising. I don't feel safe around you today. It's not music. This is a green Day. Really, there might be noise, cancling viewer. They're not for us.
Speaker 4: It's just a safety measure so that whenever we go to Pads News, I can make sure that I don't.
Speaker 3: Because she really just blurted it out.
Speaker 4: I bet you did you know what Jack Pads? I honestly, you're the one I trust least, and I don't know why I.
Speaker 3: Listened to this.
Speaker 2: Then Jack sent an email all right that went around all of us and all the producers of very specific instructions of what we needed to do. And so I said, can you can you read this yourself? You talk about yourselfn third person, get a look to this.
Speaker 4: Jack is avoiding the World Cup results until after the radio show has finished today. Please help by doing the following. Make sure all TV screens in and around the studio are switch to non news based programs, including all morning shows. Make sure today's newspapers are not visible anywhere in the building. Make sure all callers on today's show are prepped to not mention or indicate in any way the socker Us results. Christian himself must not play funny buggers and try to give away the results. Producing staff, including producer Nick drive Through, Beck, Ryan the music Guy, Tom the video Guy, and social media Sophie must not say or indicate the score at any time. Perhats, the newsreader is of greatest concern to Jack. She is not to be trusted and should be monitored at all times. Jack will be wearing noise canceling headphones at any point during the morning where he is not required to speak. Please have a producer tap him on the shoulder when it is safe for him to remove his noise canceling headphones. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Speaker 3: Good man. I mean, what a list of demands.
Speaker 4: That at ten o'clock class time because I panicked and realized I couldn't it wasn't feasible to stay up until two am to see the game. Why I get it and then come in this morning, so the tap on the shoulder would be handy all the way the wave is working.
Speaker 3: So you got on. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: This is we're skating far too.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, how do you think you got on in the aprugame? I think you didn't think you'd be Peru. I think we've got a chance. Cool, I'm still I'm still actually any.
Speaker 4: References to the Soccer Roos game should be as if it's upcoming. It hasn't happened. So I think today we've got a chance.
Speaker 3: You've got a chance.
Speaker 4: Okay, how would you feel if I'd be careful?
Speaker 3: This is this is irresistible?
Speaker 4: Come on for only what is it six past six? We've got four hours.
Speaker 2: I'm going to really really struggle with this because I'm trying to talk to you about it, and that's what our job is to do.
Speaker 3: The coolness probably want to talk about it as well? What happened? And in the early hour?
Speaker 4: That about it tomorrow and we can do a full shower on it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Does a breakfast show?
Speaker 2: Well, you're not allowed to talk about a massive story like this.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking this one you don't want to talk about because you couldn't stay up Cinderella, you turn into a bumpkin on the couch. Please, it's.
Speaker 2: This morning and I just wanted to see the Nigeria Argentina game, and I was praying that Argentina we're going to get beaten and dumped out the whole tournament. Sadly not because of the hand of God incident, and they are producing teim were like.
Speaker 3: And they've all got to be off.
Speaker 2: They might refer to the previous game and what's happening in the groups.
Speaker 4: You can never be too sure.
Speaker 2: So now all the TV's will and we have to sit in this kind of strange, solemn silence when you have angry music, last your noise.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell breakfast shoe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show Wednesday morning, eleven minutes past six on God one A four point three e rhythmics when tomorrow comes. So Jack is to a decision because he couldn't stay up obviously till midnight and watch kickoff for the soccer whose must swing game.
Speaker 4: Well, it would have been staying up to two am because Mida's just the start of the game. If I was to watch the whole thing. Oh yeah, of course, it would have been three hours sleep.
Speaker 2: So he's making us all sticks to all these conditions.
Speaker 3: He's having a media blackout.
Speaker 2: He wants to get through the entire four hour show with no mention of the result what happens, so you can go home after show and watch it.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: I had Beck bring me into the building as a chperone.
Speaker 3: What was that about.
Speaker 2: We were having a pre show meeting and I've got to go and get Jack just in case he sees any scarfs anywhere.
Speaker 3: So your witness protection.
Speaker 4: Why do you want to come in in the Kiss FM team across the hall is they're all dressed like mediate Jennak because they're so excited that the Sockeroo's won and then I know the results or they could be pretty miserable for something else happened. Yeah, that dresses Peruvian yeah players. Yeah, so I had her stay a couple of paces ahead of me and just make sure that none of that fuss was going on.
Speaker 2: And so if he turned off the text because people.
Speaker 4: Might phone phones.
Speaker 2: Complete blackout because social media is I've tried to do this before with a big UOC fight and accidentally found out on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first about the third picture I saw the stream was someone's hand being raised in a fight, and I'd made it through.
Speaker 3: I'd made it through.
Speaker 2: Lunchtime, and I just wanted to make it through to the evening so I could watch the fight her a few beers and I just saw the arm being raised.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: You want it's hard to about Instagram?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that is. That's a pretty rookie era though. I'm staying off. I'm staying away from phone all together. So your phone off, it's off?
Speaker 3: Now what if friends send you?
Speaker 4: I was warring to make that call to get Beck to come down to the car park to bring me in. I worried the hell out of me because I had to turn the phone back on his back off. I'm not looking at it.
Speaker 3: So the phone was like a bit off. It's off. What about if your wife needs to get hold of you?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, she can call you.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So she calls me, and then I've got decided whether to speak to you about it. Can you see the tension you're creating Jack on this show? I just want to do the show, okay. I want to hear from pole who've tried to do this before. Did it work or did it fail? Because many of us have tried to do this before where you know, through the different conditions, you haven't been able to watch the game live and you try to the best intentions, try not to find the results, and you ask your friends not to do it.
Speaker 3: How has it worked out? Let us know this morning?
Speaker 2: Will Jack make it till ten am without seeing the result?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three god one a.
Speaker 3: Four point three?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Powder Finger on my mind, Craig.
Speaker 3: Good morning, you get on. Well, I've gotta be honest. I'm stressed out.
Speaker 2: You know, I've got to all these conditions I've got to stick to. I'm not allowed to talk about or refer to the Soccaroos result of the World Cup.
Speaker 3: Which is just hard. You guys might have seen the game, you want to.
Speaker 2: Talk about it, but Jack doesn't watch till later on. What do you think, Craig?
Speaker 5: Look, man, it's pretty simples.
Speaker 2: What's the name of your show, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, mate, you're the board.
Speaker 6: It is not the.
Speaker 3: Jack Show, dude, not the Jack Show.
Speaker 4: True, Craig, You've been a man up he lay down.
Speaker 7: The rules and just talk about whatever you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Craig, be put in a box by another.
Speaker 7: Person who is it's not the Jack show.
Speaker 3: You're right, you're right. Stop putting in a box.
Speaker 4: Jack, Craig, you're right, and he's show and here is the boss. But don't you sometimes go to your boss and ask for a favor, maybe once a year on your birthday, to leave early to go to dinner.
Speaker 2: Also eighteen favors, you've asked him three and a half weeks to constantly leave early or now this that was the case.
Speaker 7: I probably just pull a seeking to be honest with your mate, I.
Speaker 4: Thought about Craig, I was this close.
Speaker 3: I was show eighteen. You don't fancy on a more.
Speaker 7: Important point, actually, Christian, congratulations on becoming a do you supporter?
Speaker 3: Mate? I only found that out the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good news, right the demons. We're gonna hope, I hope I'm not some sort of curse because the recent form since I've sort of joined the team, it hasn't been the best.
Speaker 5: No, No, I think you might be a good sign for us, mate.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that hober goes better than the soccer.
Speaker 4: No, that's all, I'm going to fall into that trap or is it the.
Speaker 3: Old double bait, the double switch to pull back and reveal.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go home early soon.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he's going to pull a be Do you believe this, Craig.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like some sort of He's listening to really noisy Green Day music during the songs. It's very anti social, bad energy to be around.
Speaker 7: It's all up to you, mate, You've you've got to disclose the result to him as soon as possible and put everyone out.
Speaker 3: Of their misery, right. You know what. I hadn't really thought about this, Craig.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 4: Here it's twenty past six.
Speaker 3: Plants to the sea, because actually maybe this needs to be nipped in the bud now.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, Craig.
Speaker 2: I think Craig is speaking on behalf of Melbourne this morning. I really think there's more people out there like Craig that actually want to talk about it so we can all deal with it. Talk about it with your friends, Craig, we are Why do we come here this morning to talk to our friends?
Speaker 3: All eighteen of them listen to this show.
Speaker 7: I've got no friends, mate, that's one call and.
Speaker 3: You bake.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three.
Speaker 2: God one of four point three Come one, It's to Christian O'Connor Breadfort Show six twenty eight.
Speaker 3: So we got the early.
Speaker 2: Morning game coming up in five minutes time and listener Roscoe has sort of become a kind of consultant to this whole feature and he's been giving it a mark out of ten. Yesterday it was the lowest one ever at five and a half. If we don't get up by tomorrow up to nine, then we've got to drop the game.
Speaker 3: And I genuinely like your game. How long is that? List?
Speaker 4: Thank you? I like it too, And there has been support for it online. It's sad that one man, Roscoe can bring it to its knees, but he's doing it okay.
Speaker 3: So I've actually had quite a few emails some people with suggestions.
Speaker 2: They like the game. They've got suggestions. I in Sudbury's got this one. Two callers. We don't just play one caller. Yeah, they both get told what the topic is. First caller bids in with how many he thinks he can get, right, yep, go to second caller.
Speaker 3: They can either.
Speaker 2: Add one more, okay, or they can challenge the first caller force him to play. If the challenge the first quarter is challenged, he has to play. If he doesn't get the amount that he said he would, he loses. The other guy who hasn't answered anything gets the wins.
Speaker 4: I really like that. My only worry is part of the charm. Well, just part of the feedback we got for the game and why people did like it was I was taking too long to explain how it works. That's a kind of it's a little bit convoluted. I like it, and I understand there. Okay, but am I able to you know what? Actually? I really let's give it one. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this then, Christian, I've been listening to the podcast and I really enjoyed Jack's awesome feature.
Speaker 3: How long is that list?
Speaker 2: I find myself now singing it to my wife when she starts to give me a shopping list.
Speaker 3: Great. However, I've got a I've got an idea.
Speaker 2: Two competitors, no dice, another guy, now, okay, two competitors, no dice. Competitor one comes on, Jack, or you give the topic. The timers starts immediately Bang, he gets twenty seconds or she gets twenty second provide their list, no time to prepare. Caller two now joins you live, Jack gives a different topic.
Speaker 3: The timer starts immediately.
Speaker 2: How whoever gets the most in twenty seconds is the game's winner.
Speaker 4: I like it. It means I have to pick categories of even.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this is where it's this is where it slows.
Speaker 2: Now the guy who sounds like a stoner even though he is a no no, no, no no, I will give them the thing. So do we like them being told straight away? Bang bang, they've got twenty seconds. Caller two, this is your topic. Bang bang, twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: Yep. I like that we play that way this morning.
Speaker 4: Let's do it so.
Speaker 2: Glad when when we could have done this brainstorming off air would have a bit better.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three under me.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking about you. Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian o'connorbackforst Show six thirty eight, Show number eighteen. Good morning Melbourne. I was about to say something to do with this Soccaroo's result, but we are forty almost forty minutes into the show.
Speaker 4: Note now no mention of the you just that's my laptop. I've got to play. Being ready for the early morning game. Press the key where I'm talking, just.
Speaker 2: Saying we're just trying to get to the get to the show today. Jack has insisted we all agree to these conditions. We don't mention the Soccaroo's results so that precious Jack, Prince Jack can go home and watch it in his little palace after the games.
Speaker 4: And I thank you everybody here this morning. I thank them for making this sacrifice. And next time you guys want to ask a favor.
Speaker 3: Of me, they wouldn't be that selfish.
Speaker 4: Hello, hello, now the game that we've changed this game slightly. Yeah, we're going to go for the best haulers.
Speaker 2: You have two callers. I give you a topic twenty second starts. You've got to name as many in that topic that category. Then we go to a second quarner. They get another twenty second brand new topic. Whoever gives us the longest list? Ye wins, right, I like that? All clear, We're all clear. See you understand. Let's hope you understand. Give us a call now to play and the.
Speaker 4: Only improved How long is that list.
Speaker 3: You're just sorry. Can it now be renamed? Is that list.
Speaker 4: So confused?
Speaker 3: What we're doing? What's happening? Where am I? Who are you? Are you? Hamish? Nine? Four four one four?
Speaker 1: Christian and colonell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Good morning.
Speaker 3: It's a question.
Speaker 2: I'm call back for a show god one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's play the game?
Speaker 2: Hell all right, so it's back and we've made a couple of changes for see how rosco. At the end of the round, we'll light the changes and give up a mark out ten.
Speaker 3: At the moment, we're on a five and off.
Speaker 2: We need a nine by the end of this tomorrow or the game goes.
Speaker 4: The game is hanging by a thread.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you what do you? Weave? Three topics?
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go. I'm going to give them to you when and then you give one to a caller and then one to a second caller. Okay, I'm just I'm just working out the game as we go as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, Peter, Yes, there we go. All right, Peter, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to give you twenty seconds in a couple of moments, and after give you the topic.
Speaker 3: The topics that I'm going.
Speaker 4: To pick for you are from chocolate bars that you can get in Australia.
Speaker 3: Great idea as opposed to what India.
Speaker 4: Well, you got to harbor a heap of different ones in Britain. So if you were scoring and judging, who knows where you're from foods, you would order at a Japanese restaurant dog breeds.
Speaker 2: Okay, Peter, you got twenty seconds to give me as many chocolate bars.
Speaker 8: Off you, Goo's crunchy, Violet, crumble awful, go.
Speaker 4: And get us doing what you're doing.
Speaker 3: You're doing really well, Peter, anymore? Uh, time out, I'm gonna you he did well, you got seven seven, you got time out.
Speaker 4: I don't know if poly waffle is still available, but you can probably get it somewhere. Yeah, it should be.
Speaker 3: It's quite right.
Speaker 2: Let's give him that point. It should be all right, Peter, stay there. Let's see if you're a seven one producer saying seven one, saying eight.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of team we've got.
Speaker 2: That's got a line to David.
Speaker 3: Hello, types of dogs, Off you go, shar Pei, chealthy, Dobleman.
Speaker 9: And pizza, rock Wheeler, west tailand Terrier Scott's cheerier pug Ship Susund.
Speaker 3: You get the win. You are this morning's winner. Well done, body. I'm a bold person, not a cat person. So well done.
Speaker 2: Well good man. That means you're a good person, David, you deserve the win.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 4: Nine before we start?
Speaker 2: Nine awesome the time high score on? How long is that list? Sorry it's an all time high score?
Speaker 10: Oh there you go, must be view on the morning start.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Well done, Dave you happy, I'm happy. I'm happy. Let's get Roscoe on now all important mark out of.
Speaker 2: Ten we go five and a half yesterday Roscoe.
Speaker 3: Good morning, gentlemen and ladies.
Speaker 2: Good morning Russ Roscoe, the consultant of the Secret Show.
Speaker 3: What's the score out of ten? Just give it to a straight.
Speaker 5: Seven and a half.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, listen, a sucker rous result.
Speaker 3: Bogo, what were.
Speaker 1: Doing the questionn O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, maw Id.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian O'Connor Bradford show. Ten minutes past seven on God one oh four point three. So some of you may be woken up this morning. You might be tired, you might have decided to pull a late one to check out the soccer whose game kicking off at midnight last night, and then going through obviously till two am.
Speaker 3: You know the result.
Speaker 2: Even if you didn't watch the game, You've heard the result in the news, probably already seen it already on your phone Facebook.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 2: So imagine doing a radio show like this, a breakfast show and a sports mad city, the most sports mad city.
Speaker 3: In the world, I would say.
Speaker 2: And then suddenly the guy who does the radio show with you sends you a message tonight before late in the evening saying, well, I really actually this we've got like a show WhatsApp group Hay team, not a joke. I'm going to try to avoid the soccer results overnight and tomorrow morning so I can enjoy the game. After the show, we then get a big angry email of conditions that we need to stick to and could I know, share it with the team, and like, why don't you read it out yourself?
Speaker 3: And somebody was this.
Speaker 4: Jack is avoiding the World Cup results until after the radio show has finished today. Please help by doing the following. Make sure all TV screens in and around the studio are switched to non news based programs, including all morning shows. Make sure today's newspapers are not visible anywhere in the building. Make sure all callers on today's show are prepped to not mention or indicate in any way the sucker Us results. Christian himself must not play funny buggers and try to give away the results. Producing staff, including producer Nick drive Through, Beck, Ryan the music Guy, Tom the video Guy, and social media Sophie must not say or indicate the score at any time. Pats the news reader is of greatest concern to Jack. She's not to be trusted and should be monitored at all times. Jack will be wearing noise canceling headphones at any point during the morning where he is not required to speak. Please have a producer tap him on the shoulder when it is safe for him to remove his noise canceling headphones. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Speaker 2: All right, So an hour and terminutes into this kind of North Korean regime of our social media blackout, I'm struggling. Even Sue the boss just said to me, is this a bit? Was he not really seen the results? That he doesn't know the result. So he's sat in there right now wearing these headphones. That's blasting out Green Day, and.
Speaker 4: I planned to keep it that way, and I feel like it's getting easier. Sure, the start of the show was hard and it felt like we should be talking about the hot topic of the day. But I feel with every minute the PA's a topic. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Thank you and the news.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to put the Green Day on during.
Speaker 3: Your's a lot to talk about. What happened with the soccer roofs right.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I don't want to know yet.
Speaker 2: And the repercussions of this aren't just on the show, right, So we're hiring at the moment. Yesterday I interviewed somebody and by the way, do you think this is unprofessional?
Speaker 3: At the end of the.
Speaker 2: Interview, I got the guy to give me a lift home because we're quite near my house.
Speaker 4: That's unprofessional by you, Yes, yeah, yeah, but ahm bonus points.
Speaker 2: A spotless car and the role that I was looking at, you need someone who is very, very organized.
Speaker 3: His car was spotless.
Speaker 4: I like the sounds of him, but I don't like I.
Speaker 2: Might start conducting more interviews where people just need to pick me up. What's some running errands and it takes the pressure of a bit and I get a little win. Even if I don't like the guy, I've got a free ride around town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it could be like carpul karaoke. You did some GoPros on the windshield and then did the interview while you drive around.
Speaker 2: Do you also think it was unprofessional? I sat in the back like, you know, a little prince in the bout. But anyway, I said to jack, Hey, listen, I really like this guy, so yesterday.
Speaker 3: Can you meet him after the show?
Speaker 2: And you got kind of irritated because obviously you want to go straight home. Imagine this guy comes in, he goes, hey, that's Sakaru's result, isn't it? And then we're not employing him. He's just screwed it up.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think you're taking this seriously. I want to as soon as the show's finish, I want to go home and watch the mat You need to meet this person as well.
Speaker 3: You need a different day. Oh, you meet him today.
Speaker 4: It's already in my bad books, No question O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Michael Jackson beat it on God one a four point three. Good morning, it's the Christian O'Connor breakfast Show. I've got to share this with you yesterday. As you know, I'm using a lot of Uber drivers at the moment until I get picked up my car, and yesterday's conversation I had was my favorite ever Uber conversation, even better than the one who took me in my first week when we're on air here and said he was training to be an opera singer and a personal trainer. He's got on you one. Now I'm making a bit small talk. What do you do while working for Uber? I'm a rabbi?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I said, all right, what's happened there? He goes, That's what he actually said. I said, what's happened there? Then he goes the business dried up? Oh, the rabbi business. He was a rabbi and a synagogue and people stopped coming. I thought, churches, synagogues your place of worship. That's the one you are recession proof. You don't need to worry about people coming in through the door.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 4: It's so does he trade the Uber as a confession or.
Speaker 2: Having quite a great When you got on the Manta and you confessed your sins. You were cleanse and then he had a little bit of water and you can do baptisms because they've got the free water now on the back of them as well.
Speaker 3: All right, Sharon's one. Good morning, Sharon, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you.
Speaker 3: Well stressed this morning?
Speaker 10: I can you understand that, Christian? And can I just say, Jack, you need to suck it up, Princess. I know you know, I know you you don't want to know the result, but seriously, you've got to suck it up. I can't go to ten o'clocks into your moaning growin' about the socker rooms.
Speaker 4: I'm not moaning, Sharon. If it was up to me, we wouldn't be talking about the soccer roos at all. Actually, I feel like this conversation is dangerously close, and you.
Speaker 10: Don't just say anything. You look like and understand you're pasionate, But seriously, Sunshine, you've got to suck it up, Sharon.
Speaker 2: If he was that passionate, he'd stayed up and be a proper fan, sleep during the day, okay, and then watched in game at mid ninety two.
Speaker 10: That's one A real soccer fan would be right, exactly but he's just got to suck it up.
Speaker 3: Suck it up out, Princess.
Speaker 4: I will look, Sharon. I'm happy at some point during this morning show to go and sit in the toilet qbicle with my headphones on. You guys go have a big chat with about suckers, talk about all your favorite goals, talk about all your favorite penalties, whatever happened, and then I'll come back and we'll talk about something else.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, Jack, not a problem, but seriously, just suck it up.
Speaker 3: You're right, Sharon, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I'd intrust Sharon, I'd intrusted.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I.
Speaker 4: Need some advice.
Speaker 2: You send me a message of the day asking if I could recommend any podcasts, and I recommended one to you. Have you wait, I need some tips. I'm taking a little break next week with the family. We're off for a week, and I need some I need some books to read. I've got someone's recommended Judith Lucy's new books.
Speaker 3: I've got that to read.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking for recommendations of good TV shows I should be watching as well.
Speaker 3: Is it worth watching the logos this weekend? Obviously? I met Amanda yesterday. She was on the show.
Speaker 2: So if you've got any good tips TV shows, any Australian apps that I should be downloading as well, I need.
Speaker 3: To hear them all right.
Speaker 2: I watch a lot of shows on Netflix as well, so I'm looking for any TV shows you might be watching on there. Jack, what is on your kind of list of the moment of things that you're into?
Speaker 4: Well, I could give you a podcasts actually that I just found out about yesterday, and thank you for your recommendation of Heavyweight. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Speaker 3: But don't ask my advice.
Speaker 4: And then it's on a list. Yeah, just listened to it this morning as I was coming in Ongoing History of New Music.
Speaker 2: It's a podcast. Yeah, don't worry about that. It's a podcast I will never download. I listened to loads of podcasts, but the Ongoing History of New Music. Sorry, Professor Pop, I'm not interested. Holder notes on that it's Springsteen on that that I don't care.
Speaker 4: Well, I've only seen the Modern band on there, but okay, we'll go and chat to you.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, Jay listeners. Have you heard Rosty's Dumb? It's a new white label. It's only on vinyl. You wear Daniem and listen to it.
Speaker 4: I'll give you the book I'm reading at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is it? The History of What the Will?
Speaker 4: It's I'm actually very enjoying it a lot. It's called Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine.
Speaker 3: I've read that. It's a great book.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you can't. I guess you don't want to read it again on holiday.
Speaker 3: It's a fantastic book.
Speaker 2: I couldn't recommend it enough of your own book clubs or anything. That's that's the books again, it's a brief. A lot of people you would have read that, but it's an amazing book. Yeah, anything else you want to tip me off to? So far you're zero from two?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: No, come on?
Speaker 4: How about on Netflix the new David Letterman series where he interviews guests, my next guest.
Speaker 3: Seeing all of them, Stern was the best one.
Speaker 4: I'm going to recommend Howdstern?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay, so listen if you've got any recommendations, because Jack's were, Carol, let.
Speaker 3: Me know, give me a cool what should I'll be watching? What can you tip me off?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: What are you into at the moment?
Speaker 2: Any good shows or apps or books to let me know about nine one o four three, I lost Pats next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points.
Speaker 3: We Navana, I'm bugged about a girl on Gold one and four point three.
Speaker 2: Come mornings to Christian O'connorbeckfast Show. Thank you very much for we recommendations of things you think I might enjoy Upper Middle Bogan.
Speaker 3: Quite a few people who recommended that on Netflix. Have you seen that?
Speaker 4: I've seen a bit of Upper Middle Berg And yeah, my friend Glenn Robbins was on it.
Speaker 3: Oh right about names from there? What are you and Glenn? Christian Rick and Morty.
Speaker 2: Already across that.
Speaker 3: It's a very very good show.
Speaker 2: It's sad that I even bought for myself a Rick and Morty beer mug No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not found of that.
Speaker 2: What's all getting a bit of merchandise just because an older guy can't do that?
Speaker 4: It just feels it feels like you're touch old. For there's a cartoon.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's a funny cartoon. I'm just a fan of it.
Speaker 2: Why can't so I can wear like a desk, but I can't have a Rick and more t mug.
Speaker 4: No, I thought it was funny when I first heard it.
Speaker 2: Christian, You and you I should watch Hannah Gadsby's new special on Nenette on Netflix.
Speaker 3: I've already seen that.
Speaker 2: It's incredible, lucky enough to see Hanna a couple of times life at the end of Comedy Festival as well, but that.
Speaker 3: New special on Netflix is amazing. Nnette.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll go through pats recommendations and some of yours, some.
Speaker 3: More of yours.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Nice.
Speaker 2: House Select Book, The Morne's a Christian O'Connor Breakers Show, How You Well? This Morning's is coming off for twenty two eight on Gold one four.
Speaker 3: Point three with jeans for Jeans.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much asking recommendations, TV shows, apps, books. I've got a week off next week looking for your recommendations.
Speaker 3: Christian, have you watched The Castle? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I used to have it on video and not just a brilliant Australian comedy. One of the greatest comedy movies ever made. Was it the A big comedy nerd and it was all the team that came out of the G generation, wasn't it was Jane Rob Sitch and Work Always and a fantastic movie, really really funny movie. The other thing I downloaded two days ago is an app called Nightlight.
Speaker 3: It's a free app. You hold it up to the sky.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of these kind of apps and you can look at the stars and I tell you where the planetsund and stuff like it. But this one's got lots of tips from people who are into stargazing as to the best place is in Australia to sort of point it and you'll find dif stuff. The reason why I'm not into astronomy it is my daughter's It's a birthday in three weeks time, and obviously it's a first first family birthday here in Australia and we're trying to work out how to do it right and stuff like this. She wants, what was about If you ask kids now, they'd never say something cheap.
Speaker 3: Years ago?
Speaker 2: I just want a bike, right, and that was a really big deal that you got. You got, you gotta pay half of it and clean the house every hour. A bike you are in this house? Sound a bike? She goes, I'd like a telescope.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess they ranged and they couldn't you get together.
Speaker 2: Even the cheapest entry level one like a loo roll to look up at the sky. You know you're still going to get somebody go go and buy the loo roll before you do that. But is it quick Google search? Do you know there are actually telescope shops here in Melbourne?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well strictly just telescopes.
Speaker 3: Are going to do shoe repairs.
Speaker 2: Well I know that you you actually reheal that please and whoa look at that one? Wow?
Speaker 3: Can I see uranus? I mean yes, they just do telescope. What else would they do?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: You go in there and you get you buy some trophies to go listen, you have a look. You haven't going to think stronger under the counter. I can see Pluto come out, come out the Ma've got a couple of telescopes.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of the National Geographic Store. Do you know that paths where they sell like still telescopes and then theyw sell some like plush toy woe bats and Australian animals And.
Speaker 2: Nobody did no fourteen year on wants to turn fourteen and get a toy one bat? I heard telescope and whoa willis a long massive.
Speaker 1: No I can't have that, okay, Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: And then one morning on the show we just have the Prince Hour, no reason, just a good excuse the burner, the Prince song. So the red cordaction morning, Christian o'connomy sean gold one a four point three just from a friend of mine back in England and he was recently made redundant. This isn't about the soccerose, so don't worry. He's recently made redundant, okay. So he's looking for a new job and he's a huge soccer fan. So he's been watching every single World Cup game because he can, all right, I mean every single World Cup game. It's getting trick in the last coup days because sometimes two have been played at the same time. But anyway, he was, I'm not going to talk about the result, I trust you. He's just watching the Socceros game. And he said, ask yours this morning if any of them were watching it stayed up. Did they see the banner that one of the Socceros fans was holding up?
Speaker 3: He swear this happened.
Speaker 2: Now he had been drinking, but he swears he saw a banner from one of the soccer fans that said few Paddington. What is that little bear from Peru done to you? Soakaroo's right. I think he swears he saw that and he wants me to ask you did any of you see the banner? Parently is a woman holding it up high? A banner that said few Paddington?
Speaker 4: Did Paddington Bear come from Peru? Yeah, of course I didn't know that. Yeah, I thought he was British bear.
Speaker 2: No, they came over to London to start seeing that with his little bag and is a sandwiches of marmonade.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's from Peru. What's that little bear done to you? Guys? Anyway?
Speaker 2: I just want to I just want to know that right started this the other day, and you know what, I've had so many emails. I've been really touched by this. I was just saying, obviously, being new in town, my daughters, my kids, they've made friends. I am not lonely. I'm not lonely. I'm just struggling to, you know, get to know new people. It's hard when you're a guy. So we've started to do this.
Speaker 4: You've got to get your own friends.
Speaker 3: I'm still not happy with that. There's no need for that thing too.
Speaker 2: I've not even come to a Bonnie play date, but we'll roll with it, okay. So basically it is yeah, okay, it is a Pommy play date. What can you invite me to? It might be a weekly club you do that. I can come down. So many invites so far. I've got the beer club early in July that I'm going to be going to where there's a couple of guys that do that.
Speaker 3: A couple of.
Speaker 2: Policemen and Jennaris guy are now upon me as well, be turning up.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 2: There's a poker club that Gary invited me to yesterday. Never played poker, so probably lose some more money after I've paid for a telescope as well. And then again email from this guy Jeff, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Jeff, Now, listen's good. Where's your accent from?
Speaker 3: You like me? Don't sound like you're from around here. Where are you from, Jeff?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 7: I'm originally from the state, so moved out here about twenty seven years ago, and so it doesn't matter where I go. Everyone tells me I talk funny, I got that. My mom doesn't know what I'm saying. So I'm a man without a country.
Speaker 4: Well, Christian, the Steve who invited you the Bee Club the other day had an American twins also from his time in America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's only visitors to Australia that are willing to become friends with you.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on, we feel for you.
Speaker 2: You've been there. You know what it's like, Jeff, exactly. Now, please tell everyone about the thing that you do that you're invited me down to, because just reading out your email couldn't do it justice.
Speaker 3: This sounds brilliant.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: It's a fantastic sport. It's called disc golf, formerly known as frisbee golf, but we can't use the word frisbee, so it's disc golf and there's special discs that you use. It's played just like golf. Do you have to get from one point to another in the least amount of throws as possible. It's a better round.
Speaker 3: Since the soleast.
Speaker 7: But it's gaining momentum and it's killing huge these days right around the world.
Speaker 2: And do you play and tell me, Jef, do you play for eighteen holes? Like we're doing a normal go of golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got our horse in Roughie Lake. We've got nine baskets, but we've got two teepads to each basket, which gives us eighteen nie holes. But normally when we set up for tournaments and stuff, then we've got portable baskets and we put out four eighteen. And there's some courses out there that are even bigger.
Speaker 3: Is this a global thing? Oh, it certainly is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you look it up, look up disc golf in general. But if you look up Melbourne disc golf there'll be links there too. It it's just huge in the States. I mean, it's played professionally. Won't belong here. It'll be in the Olympics, I'm sure. But now if you google it you'll find out just how huge it is, and especially over the last few years, it's just been growing by leafs and bones.
Speaker 4: Well, I've played in the last few years and I've actually, you're good, I'm not good. I've only played once, but I played down at Roughylake Park. I guess is that right? Is that the one in Doncaster? Is that the only disc golf course in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: That's our home course. Yeah, there is one actually underneath the Westgate Bridge now too big. Shout out to the Stony Creek guys out there, and we're hoping to get more baskets put in there. Then there's actually courses on Phillip Island and there's a you don't hate well.
Speaker 2: The penguins in the back of the Nicknam. I mean, I don't think that if I'd be any good shot on that. We listen, how about this? Then how about Jack and I we play against each other, we go down and try disc golf.
Speaker 3: Love to yep, that would be fantastic. And tell me this.
Speaker 2: Do you have like who's the best player in Melbourne? Do you have like a leader board in your clubhouse?
Speaker 7: Oh, we certainly do. I think the leader at the moment is Purry Darren stay Smith. But in Geelong and in Victoria we've got the national champion, who is Patty Robertson this is and yeah, he's just taken on kicking the world by saw him. He's played in the States and play tournaments there. But he certainly are number one player. And there's some great players in Geelong and yeah, we've got deep seen in Melbourne as well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Would you be a bit before Jack and I play, would you better give us like a tutory on some tips about how to do this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we certainly can. We get you there and give you a give some practice. We've got all the discs and all the equipment that you could possibly need, so you don't need to bring anything, just yourselves. It's played in public parks, so you know, it's free to play and great for people of our ages and abilities. We've got kids as young as nine and ten and people as old as myself playing and older than me as well, so yeah, it's it's just a very inclusive sport.
Speaker 2: You're very kind inviting us to come and do this, Jeff. We'll see you in a couple of weeks time. No, thank you, all right, buddy, have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show, twelve minutes past eight.
Speaker 3: Hope you where this morning is gold? One o four point three.
Speaker 2: People who don't support sports, right, they don't understand how petty sports fans are.
Speaker 3: We know we really are.
Speaker 2: It's tribal and people who don't in sport don't get that. And give you an example this morning, before you came in, we had to turn all the TVs off because you don't know a soccer roose result un till after the game, after the game, after the show today where you can watch the game. And I'm watching Argentina Nigeria. I am cheering on Nigeria. I am not Nigerian and I don't know any Nigerians. I'm cheering them on for one reason. I want them to smash and kick out the tournament. Argentina because of one man, no one in the current squad. I wish them only well. They got some amazing players, Aguero one of the world's greatest players.
Speaker 3: However, we go back.
Speaker 2: To nineteen eighty six and for me, as an England soccer fan, I'm thirteen. In nineteen eighty six, it's the quarter finals against Argentina the Mexico World Cup. As a thirteen year old soccer fan, it was my first proper World Cup and I had to stick a book.
Speaker 3: I was so excited we were.
Speaker 2: In the World Cup quarter finals and then Marijana does this.
Speaker 4: I just walked away from Madelin.
Speaker 11: Appealing, brother, Yeah that lord Jean midget out jumped the greats Peter Shelter, one of the greatest goalkeepers ever the league.
Speaker 2: Now, to be fair to Maradonna, he later on five minutes later the England team were just.
Speaker 3: So their heads are low.
Speaker 2: Five minutes later, Mara Donna scores what they called the goal of the century. The second goal he scores is amazing. He beats, dribbles it past like five England players. I can still roughly remember the order of the players he beats as well. I think it was Bearsley, reads, Butcher, Fennick and then Butcher again.
Speaker 3: Denny scores.
Speaker 4: That's some devastated grudge thirty two years ago.
Speaker 2: This is thirty two years ago, the hand of God. And so I'm I'm screaming at the screen, praying for Nigeria to kick out Argentina because in the stands Mara Donna is there pretending to cry and stuff like this.
Speaker 3: I see him again. The anger comes back.
Speaker 2: I've held this grudge for thirty two years and no point am I ever going.
Speaker 3: To move on.
Speaker 4: Never did most English football fans feel the same way.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? It's a real Sos story. I suppose someone hasn't made.
Speaker 2: A great Netflix documentary about the Hand of God incident, because we.
Speaker 4: Should say, as well, this is where the ball came crossing in in Maradonna and instead of heading it, he puts his hand up and uses because.
Speaker 2: He's a tiny little feather and Peter Shilton is six foot two and Maradonna just puts his hand and with var Now it'd beit a different story.
Speaker 3: However, it wasn't around then.
Speaker 2: One of the liesman who never said anything, has suffered from depression for years because he thought it wastential responsibility.
Speaker 3: He should have said something. The referee shouted him down. They just wanted the game to play on the worried about crowd truck.
Speaker 4: I so he had seen the handball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's amazing never said anything. So anyway, my point is I want to those morning who else has a long held grudge? I just said, h really this morning as I was screaming at Maradonna and asked when was that nineteen eighty six, thirty two years on, I'm still shouting at the guy and I'm feeling.
Speaker 3: Great about it. Energize me. At half five in the morning, I'm still that angry.
Speaker 2: I've never even though a deathbed, I'll still be calling the cheek little midget. So one of those morning who else? It doesn't need to be sporting. One has a long held grudge? Okay, who has a long held grudge? It needs to be at least what are we going to put on this? At least six months?
Speaker 4: At least?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll reckon a year. What's our lowest starting offer, and let's go six months.
Speaker 4: If anyone can beat yours for thirty two years, I believe we should give him a prize, surely.
Speaker 1: Okay the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four points on one of four.
Speaker 3: Point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. I'm a grown man. I'm a father of two daughters.
Speaker 2: However, I still hate married Honor because of what he did cheating thirty two years ago. I will not move on ever, I will never forgive. Okay, I just gotta see him and I'll start shouting. It just brings it out of me. One another this morning. It's going to a therapy for me to another other people like me. I've got a long held grudge. Doesn't need to be a sport one on nine four one four one oh four three. Let's go to Amy. Good morning, Amy, yep, feel free to put through at any moment, Amy, Good morning, Good morning. All right, Amy, So what's your long held grudge?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 9: I have been holding a grudge for about eleven years now against a former best friend.
Speaker 3: This is great.
Speaker 4: So how many years?
Speaker 3: It's great?
Speaker 2: She's like me, I love it. And it's a former best friend as well. So how old are you when this incident happened that started the grudge?
Speaker 9: About seventeen okay?
Speaker 3: And so what year are we talking about?
Speaker 9: Oh I'm twenty eight now, so.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, yes, about two thousand and two years back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 9: So I had a family friend come to visit, and I turned around and told him, and I will admit he made zeus look like a prune. To be honest, he never kept his pants on this best friend of mine, and I told him that if he went near her, I would never speak to him again and pretend he didn't exist. And so he went there, and after I told him explicitly not too. And yeah, so I haven't actually spoken to him since. Every time he tries to talk to me. I just pretend he doesn't actually like, there's nobody there.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. The women's scorns a big thing. So how many years then the grudges? Eleven years? So Amy and Frankston were putting you up on our grudge for eleven years.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all right, thanks Amy Bratt. Yes, hello, good morning, good morning, Brett.
Speaker 2: That's it, clear to throat live on. Never'st time to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all right.
Speaker 5: No, I'm sticking with the sports team, buddy. Nineteen ninety nine Esmen versus Carlton preliminary finals. We lose by one point Italia Italia iteal you Christian, how that grudge will continue to hold that grudge for years to come?
Speaker 2: Do do keep it in there angry place in you. We all need our grudges, So you should tell me about what happened then.
Speaker 4: Well, we were favorite to win that match, are you sorry?
Speaker 5: You absolutely that that was That was the whole point. The thing was that everybody knew that year that we were going on to play North Melbourne in the Grand Final and this then had a great year, fantastic year, and they knew that if we made it, we'd win the big one and look, of course you know that's not fact. And the North Nolin on the Grand fam we went there, so people can.
Speaker 3: Argue that, but they wanted my one point one point.
Speaker 5: And what happened was that the half back line Dean Wallace Osmond, got the ball, thought he could take on a couple of tacklers, couldn't do it, got caught, the.
Speaker 3: Ball spilled out.
Speaker 5: It went over to Justin Murphy, who was only the forward line. He took the mark. He sort of knew how much time was left, and he said later on that he held the ball up when the sign raing, just to rub it into us, because he could have had a shot the goal and made the difference more, but he didn't. He thought, no, I want us to win by one point. So I just told that crud Christian, and it's telling.
Speaker 3: Me it does.
Speaker 2: It does, and you should always hang on to it as well. We should never move on from it. What I loved about that Bratt is the pain is so intense and vivid. You literally, in my mind I'm watching that game, it was like that plays the stool, that only mind, so I remember the second man I'd done a goal. It does go Beers he read butcher, fick Butcher again. Then he scores the second goal. The pain is still there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's amazing how vivigion memories that I do. I mean, I was at the game, I was at the g watching it, and I remember.
Speaker 7: Exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Must have been nifteen years later I still have been entrenched in my mind.
Speaker 2: All right, Brett, you go up on the grudge, this bar with it with a very proud nineteen years ago.
Speaker 4: Then since the final, the twenty year anniversary next year, support Grom mind me.
Speaker 2: That's warning, all right, Brett, have a good day, thanks for calling.
Speaker 1: You're two folks are the Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three.
Speaker 2: All I want to do is make love to you on Gold one and four point three Morning eight forty two is a Christian O'Connell breakfast show. So all this soccer, seeing Maradonna the Argentina game in the early hours against Nigeria, even though five in the morning, I'm screaming at the screen here.
Speaker 3: Cheating gets at Maradonna.
Speaker 2: Thirty two years ago the hand of God famous incident archienteen of us is England in the quarter finals at the Mexico World Cup and he cheated, sticking her hand clearly up thirty two years and not letting go. It still hurts the paint. So we're looking for your long hal grudges. Eleven years for nineteen years for Brett, Sally, what have you got for us? Good morning, Sally, Hi Christian.
Speaker 12: Look, I've got a thirty year grudge. My husband forgot my very first Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's terrible.
Speaker 13: No, well, you know, being a husband, we do not.
Speaker 7: Let it go.
Speaker 3: No, you can't know.
Speaker 2: There's always there's a drop down menu in your head with any argument that you've all got all your previous prior crimes, that all come down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well twenty eight years ago you did this, so I can't do.
Speaker 2: So you forgot it, and you've what having Mother's Day. I guess you're reminded of that first one.
Speaker 12: I do, I do, and I make sure I never forget any of these occasions.
Speaker 4: I'm just to prove the Yeah, so you feel strongly about it. But is it not the children's responsibility to celebrate Mother's Day? No, the husband should be looking after his own mother shore But no, no, you're going to.
Speaker 2: Make sure they do the cards depending on the age, or rather the homemade cards or buying the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, Christian knows.
Speaker 12: You've been married long enough.
Speaker 4: Christian, you understand.
Speaker 3: They see thank you fair enough.
Speaker 2: And also don't forget when you are a mother for the first time. The kids, the baby, they obviously can't write. You've got to fake their signature and they're writing as well. You're going to go through this whole pretense that a baby would have somehow brought you a card and knows its name and how to write.
Speaker 12: It exactly exactly, all right, Sally stands my anger?
Speaker 3: I can, I can? You must never let it go, Sally. Don't you cool? Have a good day? Thank you all right? Colleen? Yes, that's right Colleen. Colleen, And what's your long hell grudge?
Speaker 2: So we got Sally with thirty years, what's yours?
Speaker 13: Back in nineteen seventy three, seventy fours, the self serve petrol stations came out. Yeah, I vowed I would never ever perpetual in my own can.
Speaker 4: And I never good for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah right?
Speaker 4: Wait where can you still fire a service station where they're heavy too?
Speaker 3: Were you driving up to Darwin to fill up? Or the outback somewhere.
Speaker 13: No, there's a few in the suburbs, one in McKinnon.
Speaker 4: So have you found over the years they've been dying out the self the attendant pump attendant.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, slowly, but I've met I use my husband or my kids.
Speaker 3: This is amazing, queen.
Speaker 2: So are you not finding that you're using up more fuel driver to find these museum pieces?
Speaker 13: No, no, wherever I'm going.
Speaker 3: Colleen, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Wow, the power station some like a heart, Robert Plumber.
Speaker 2: John Taylor from Duran Duran, I remember a couple years ago interview in Jirane Juran, and I have to be answer, I'm a happy married man, John Taylor?
Speaker 3: What you I mean? Some people have just got that look. You know. I couldn't. I was actually distracted.
Speaker 4: How b for John Tayner stead is age range?
Speaker 3: But are you so ages today?
Speaker 2: He told me I'm too old at forty five to have a Rick and Morty mug.
Speaker 4: I think I'm too old to have a Rick and Morning mug.
Speaker 3: Are you only in what are you? Thirty thirty one? Perhaps is sixty five today?
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Pats, No, happy birthday?
Speaker 2: No know in couple of year is under that. She's off to bingos. The old bus is outside checking them all up.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to get my walking frame. She's at the end of the studio.
Speaker 2: Are they folks? She lives in now out there? It's right, she says, she's not. She's fifty eight.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey bats.
Speaker 2: And also it says happy birthday and what are you doing on your special day today? I know your your husband and a beautiful little daughter were in earlier.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're playing parents swap.
Speaker 1: He's had to go to work and our babysitter is called in six so no it'll be mummy ally day and.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, Jack, you look after your daughter, you go out.
Speaker 4: You can come watch the soccer with me?
Speaker 3: You know that?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I s'll love that.
Speaker 3: Oh I hope you have a good day anyway, thank you? All right? So today's at work time, waster.
Speaker 2: It is National dairy Day here in Australia.
Speaker 3: About time.
Speaker 2: Don't google to check anything I ever say on the show by the way, but I'm pretty sure it may be National dairy Day today in Australia, and to celebrate that, we're looking.
Speaker 3: For your dairy celebrities.
Speaker 2: I've got ched Art garfuncle chedd Art Garf.
Speaker 3: Uncle John John farn House.
Speaker 2: Cheddar's an artist and cheese. You have a farmhouse, Cheddar John farn House, Cheddar. Wow Bevan in the rice team Sunday, very good. Curtis Mayfield, curd Is Mayfield, your best.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, shed out God.
Speaker 2: Phone call is a gold standard by anyone's reckoning.
Speaker 6: She left you best for us. What have you got, Girard butter Damn. That's really really good. That's really really good. It's been in the soccer roops last night.
Speaker 4: Milk malloy and the basketballer Andrew Jogic. Andrew Bogut, Andrew Jogic.
Speaker 3: What's your best day? All right?
Speaker 2: So we're looking for yours now on four seven five three one oh four three. You don't need me to remind you. Today is National Australian Dairy Day. Tell all your friends, make sure you tweet it, put it up on Facebook as well. Getting on celebrating that and joy some cheese.
Speaker 1: Today Live's better with cheese, but Christian O'Connell breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's so met you in a good moon, Tom cochrane like this is a highway this Friday, Every single Friday, the rector has showing all the music from six child Speak by you, all right, sir, nine to twenty on Gold one and four point three time in mark your today?
Speaker 3: Is that worth time waster? It is, of course we all know.
Speaker 2: It Australian National Very Appreciation Day.
Speaker 4: I think it's how they get to sleep last night in their anticipation.
Speaker 3: Hey, you should watch the game. You're saving it good.
Speaker 4: And thank you. I mean we're almost we're on the home stretch now I'm going to make it to the end of the day without finding out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's great. All right.
Speaker 2: So on the National Appreciation of Dairy Today, we're looking for your dairy celebrities. You're ready to award gold, silver, bronze. That's simple, yeah, if only our cappuccino.
Speaker 4: That's great gold off at the top.
Speaker 2: Poor, well done, Muhammad Albrie, Thanks great gold, Joe, well done, Camembert humbardink ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, uh yogurt on and that's a gold triple plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like Michael Felts picking all these girls there.
Speaker 3: That's mel In, Mitcham, Arnold Schwartz and shddar silver. Oh, come on, that's worth a girl. That's some Cameron cheese with a spoon the Reese.
Speaker 4: Yeah with a spoon front.
Speaker 2: Well done, Sheller, damn hawk, you know Hawk, I don't know. Is that a cheese. It's a great Dutch cheese, really good waxy one.
Speaker 4: My Dutch grandparents would be disappointed in.
Speaker 3: Me that I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Nice side story, Bronz, I should make a podcast about it.
Speaker 3: History of Jack Franz Men and Mitcham again. Uh John Gudeman, John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, silver and they signed off.
Speaker 2: Here find one better than that, Jack get gold, aggressive sign off custe dancing, huss ted dancing. I'm sorry that's gold. Oh who's marking anymore?
Speaker 3: Okay, well what are you going to give that?
Speaker 4: A silver?
Speaker 3: Coind of silver custe?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jamie Bree Curtis, Yeah, good yeap, gold gold buckler.
Speaker 3: We'll end of those, we don't everyone. Great work.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three, Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's got one of four point three. It's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast show. So yesterday I was send on the show.
Speaker 3: How wow we what.
Speaker 2: A day I had for me after yesterday's show, opening up the brand new kitchen here at work and also the huge make up fridge. You were off doing the podcast with a miss and Andy, you missed an amazing moment, the big ribbon cutting.
Speaker 3: Well, have a listen to this. You know you haven't even heard about this.
Speaker 14: They I have the joy, the thrill, end soon introducing Christian O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Connor.
Speaker 2: The boss gets her own breakfast DJ's name that the posters are everywhere. If we can't even win in the building, we're screw jack.
Speaker 3: This is our boss.
Speaker 14: They have the joy, the thrill, and the honor of introducing Christian O'Connor for a very very special.
Speaker 4: She doesn't even pick up on her own mistake.
Speaker 3: Laughing. I mean it's not a great start, is it.
Speaker 2: And then you remember yesterday we spoke to Francis I'm danding on Rangers. She drove in in her ute. You need to see the video. We've got the video of her turning up here. It conked out pop up poetry.
Speaker 3: No, listen the ue. It's stalled outside the building. Prod of us have to push it to go.
Speaker 2: The No, no, no, it's an amazing ute. It's a tricked out It looks like some sort of pimp daddy drive in that thing. So Francis k from Dandin on Rangers. She's a poet, a free spirit, do you know what genuine? She's beautiful, this lovely seventy six year old woman turned up right. She reminded me of my late great Irish Nan. She had this real twinkle.
Speaker 3: In her eyes.
Speaker 4: She was great Nana O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't make me sad, but yeah Nana O'Connor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I see that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is a bit of Francis's poem that she just made up while she was driving yesterday, about the.
Speaker 3: Kitchen and about the fridge.
Speaker 15: So I'm introducing him to a little bit of Australian history here. There's going to be a christening for that ex pommy bloke Christian, a special kitchen at gold Posty warm, not Winkley cold, sporting all the bells and whistles for that jint of roses.
Speaker 3: Not of thistles.
Speaker 4: What concoction will they do?
Speaker 15: The newvie AND's Motley crue by being did a shelf to share with other hungry pokem there plus from the horse's mouth we did each a brand new ginormous freaks good?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Why you can't anybody wanted que?
Speaker 15: There's heaps of cockling in school.
Speaker 3: I need to describe the scene.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why I want to know. What you can't hear in the audio is what I'm dying to see. And that's the look on the face confusion of the staff.
Speaker 3: Nowhere near as confused as.
Speaker 2: Some of the stuff that I was saying earlier. I don't think the head of human resources was very happy about some couple of things I said.
Speaker 4: It should have just been a simple hello, I'm Christian O'Connell. I'm from the Breakfast show you a new fridge.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just get carried away. It was fun of a crowd there, I thought. I went into stand up mode and a little bit ott a couple of times. And there was a strange woman there as well who was wearing a dead animal I don't even know why, or roadkill. It was just too much going on Jack. It was just too much. You know, I blame jet lag.
Speaker 3: Can you all say it? Jet late? After eight weeks of Big City, I.
Speaker 4: Go believe how much effort, building wide this has been put into this new fridge.
Speaker 2: You need to see the video. Have a look at the video you could see Lovely Francis. It's up online on our Facebook page. You can find us on Facebook. OC one O four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well we give marriage to go for four hours.
Speaker 3: Without you finding out the result of last night's game.
Speaker 4: It's not a joke as well. It's not a bit I'm doing for the show. I actually taped it last night. I've gone to great length to not find out the score. I've been listening to my own music during PATS News and.
Speaker 2: Wearing those noise counseling headphones angrily listening to Green Day like a teenage boy in his bedroom and a tantrum or something. We've had to turn all the TV monitors off. You know you don't want to hear Pat Sports news. You've turned your phone has been completely off, which.
Speaker 4: I'm stunned about digital blackout. Now I know what is tempting you here, and I might just makes sense for you to see the last break of the show just as we're getting to the finish line. It's only steps away to ruin it now, and.
Speaker 3: It's making me not that guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not that guy. The title of today's.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm going to leave earlier. I'm leaving earlier.
Speaker 3: No, it's too nil. That is the result of the Australian Peru game. It's too nil. You don't know, wish weight went.
Speaker 4: I'm not happy about that.
Speaker 3: I'm not too nil. Maybe the cruise are through too nil.
Speaker 4: It's a title of today's show. Oh my god, too nil? Now, I want to know. Don't tell me. I'll watch it at home.
Speaker 3: Enjoy. What do you think has happened?
Speaker 4: I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think we.
Speaker 3: Can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think you won too nil against Peru? There was you know they're not a great.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't like talking about this. I just want to know in power, So you know, I just want to go home and watch great great enjoy the love that we hang around here. The more chance there is that someone's going to spill the bands.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you for the showy, thank you for coming in today and making us run it like a North Korea with a blackout.
Speaker 3: And thank you Keen John Chuck.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the small sacrifice you've made for me today.
Speaker 3: Cool enjoy the game. Give me called afterwards. I'll cheer you up. No, sorry too, it's not it could go either way.
Speaker 4: I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three