Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome bast to the Clownhouse. Juggling is in session. Up next, we're going to get how to ride on a bike with no handlebars? Really amazing juggler, really at low so did I. Yeah, this dude juggled like five things at a time, literally a glass, glass, bottles, champagne glasses, like it's honestly very horny behavior. I really really enjoyed that.
Speaker 3: And imagine, like my thing is my hand eye coordination will not allow me to do that. Even my mind body connection, like having my mind control my limbs to do things. It's just not doing what it should be doing. You can change, yeah, but it's not priority.
Speaker 2: So I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Like all the things I want to be, I don't want to be a juggler. I want to be a carpenter like Jesus.
Speaker 2: Jesus is a second coming. Well today, guys who are talking about nudes, a little bit of revenge porn in there. What happens when you break up with someone you need to delete their notes. As you can tell it's late in the day. My voice is slurring. It's been a big week. Slurring. My voice is saying I'm trying to just demolish a little can of soda. Ready only got a few more SIPs left you okay for me? Honestly, I am fleck and frooms. A few weekends ago, I was having quite a party time. Oh I had a few Halloween parties. She's getting near it and a friend of mine we see from Melbourne. She works in the event space, works for a lot of like indie festivals, and she's like, you gotta come to Carriage works with me to a thing called rush and I thought, oh, what's that? I didn't google it? I show up obviously. Courage works in Sydney. Is this kind of like depot place, so they have fashion Week and all these other kind of things. Super cool and what this was it was a fake club, so a simulate. It's a simulation of a club but at art instaate. I already love this. So you walk up and there's someone at the door saying, hey, you have new drinks to tending to be a person And then they drew an R on your on your wrist. Yeah rush you and she's like eating a lollipop like classic, Yeah, door person. I was a door person. I do remember. I see that for you extremely to get your how do you say? What's it called? When you can discern a creature landed on the on the job on the tools. I walk in and there's a big DJ on a kind of like platform in the middle, like little litterings of people dancing, and then all around the perimeter of the venue there's little stalls with people that you go up to and you can talk to them to trade things. So the first time we went up to was a tarot reading people. So you came up and say I want my tarot read and this person would read the taro for you. And what's happening in the installation is everyone in the stalls has microphones talking to you, and then at any given time their microphones start going over the speaker having a tarot read, and then it clicks in and they're talking about you and then go to a different one. So's that we went a booth which was this amazing person saying what's your most intimate club experience? It was kind of club based, sex based. It was a queer space and you had to tell them this really intimate club story to win a sex toy. So on this big table, there's like a glass dill doough butt plug that your voice kind of broke for hour. Butt plug with a very little funny thing on the end, A whip, a gag, what else, A whole bunch of stuff. I told a story. My story is so good that I want a butt plug. Nice. First of a butt plug, there's a kissing booth. The person gives you hand massages and kisses. I chickened out a bit and walked away. I can't close close. Then the other table, but like everyone's kissing. It just was crazy to me. And then the last bit was manned by this most beautiful person, like striking looking, and they were like, we just want to I just want you to ask me a question or I asked you a question, and we just have a really nice conversation and you can emerge like a lip gloss or a keychain or a bum bag. And it was just such a nice This sounds so cool. It was so cool. So it was by a place called Performance Space. Is like, oh yeah, I'm familiar, and it was called rush Still. It was for one night. It was part of the day Internight Festival. Okay, so this is my issue.
Speaker 3: I don't know when this happened, but there was a time where because of Facebook, we had access to events. Even if you weren't going to an event, your event calendar was booked because you could see what was happening in your vicinity, in your area, or what your friends were going to. When we mass, you know, the mass exodus away from Facebook, we didn't replace that tool, and so now it's so hard to know what is happening and when it's happening without trawling through time out broad sheet, being in the right place at the right time. Everything seems so unnecessarily secret, but I don't think it means to be, no, And I know it's really expensive to advertise digitally, so a lot of these events aren't, you know, putting any money towards boosting it on you know, Instagram or TikTok. But how I meant to know what's happening because these things sound right up my alley and I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and it could have been way more packed. I think it was on the night before as well, but I was like, this is I want to I had to put it on my story and just say everyone because it was on the next night, like you've got to go. There's something about marketing.
Speaker 3: It's a really it's a forgotten concept, hard to value concept because you need to be able to show people what it is before they attend.
Speaker 2: And knowing that, keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: You know, set up the space, you do a little mocks, set up do something please, but.
Speaker 2: You know not every space is safe.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms FLEXI right.
Speaker 2: Off the that do you send nudes? Yes or no?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Cool? I was on Instagram obviously way way wait wait wait are we rushing?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Why are we rushing? All? Get to it from Indy. Do you send nudes? Well, I won't tell you until after this. I keep you, keep you listening to the segment the cut posted this little tile, this infographic. Are you obligated to delete and excess nudes?
Speaker 1: Not obligated?
Speaker 2: Why are you going to phrase it like that? Are you obligated?
Speaker 3: So this says the way they phrase it is like, are you obligated to give a gift back once you break up?
Speaker 2: Like it's not. It's not an obligation. Should a written contract? So apparently a recent study revealed that one third of Americans have sent a nude photo in their lifetime, and of those, seventy three percent do it as often as once a month. The code of conduct around the receipt of nudes is pretty well established. The recipient of a naked photograph should neither pass it on nor show it to anyone. This, of course, does not turn anyone from breaking said rules. What public discourse is unpacked less exhaustively is the question of who has overship over a nude after the demise of a relationship, the sender or the receiver. This is some real twenty twenty two discourse. Is nude? Is this what Shakespeare died for? Is a nude given to us on loan, the duration of which correlates directly to the length of time of the relationship? Ha? Or is it like a present? Once you give it to someone, you forego the right to ask for it back. Does it belong to the recipient a token of lust lost tucked away in some misleaningly labeled folder for eternity? Or do the rules change when either party enters a new relationship. You definitely license the nude you know what I mean? Period of time? Yeah, you license it for the duration of the relationship. Personally, have I ever sent a nude? I think if it was ten years ago. I haven't sent a nude, You're a liar. Never sent a nude with my face and it put it that way. Okay, but no, I don't really, I've never I've never sent a nude. That's like, yes, I've sent a nude. I'm just too I'm just too scared of it coming back to me. However, for me, I've got a terrytowel bags.
Speaker 1: What's in it?
Speaker 2: Terry Towell terrytel bag that my auntie Ma has made for me. I was walking on the street yesterday. Look what I came across. What's happening for Mini? What's happening? It's a newspaper piece that I found on the ground. It's not a plastic just one piece.
Speaker 3: Why are you.
Speaker 2: Bringing scraps from the ground.
Speaker 3: It's like this crumpled single newspaper with holes in it.
Speaker 2: It's definitely got dirt all over. It feels grimy. But I had written this down to talk about on the show, and then I come across Revenge Porn is on the Young is Rising Plan to fight trend. Now I'm going to assume this is Herald Sun. It's giving herold Sun. Anyway, Revenge Porn on Young is Rising plan to fight trend. I'll read us some of it. Reports a so called revengeborn on social media by young people has almost doubled over the past year, according to shocking new figures from the e Safety Commission that inspired a new campaign against the trend. Image based abuse is one of the several forms of harassment against teenagers and young adults online that will be targeted in a new campaign across YouTube, TikTok and Instagram. I have talked about it. You've heard about this. It's called We've talked about it. No, it's called Scroll and hadn't been formulated with input from six Gen X creators and was designed to help young Australians be more aware for when they experienced strife online. So yeah, revenge point is on the rise, but the government is looking at ways to try and mitigate it. But it got me thinking. Let's say you've sent a nude who's obligated to delete it, you or the recipient. If it was me, if I had a NEWD would I delete it? It'd be hard to delete, huh. I'm the kind of person that love I'm a nostalgic person, so I'd love to do the like Bi Yearly Sift through every Facebook photo that's ever been of me, just to like assess how I've changed. But I think if I'm being a good person, i'd delete it. But if they had one of me, maybe it's fair game. Sometimes it's good to keep ammunition. We need to ask people we regularly send nudes.
Speaker 3: There must be a whole code of conduct that that is existing.
Speaker 2: I just don't trust the internet, Like remember the fappening? No, I don't do you not remember the fappening phrase? But not what happened when a bunch of female actors got their ye clouds hacked and their stuff hacked or their nude photos That really shook me to my core. You can't trust hackers. No, you can't trust hackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't have much to say on this one, but I feel like there's a whole etiquette, a whole bunch of social norms that.
Speaker 2: We don't know yet of the community. Maybe we should chat to someone about it. Somebod who do you send nudes? Brooks our producer sends nudes? Okay, come over here, Brookie Brookini, give us the flour one one bab.
Speaker 4: So my rule is if someone sends me a nude, I automatically save it to my phone, and I assume any nude I send to anyone else is the same. I'm not talking just partner. I mean like group chats stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like it's fair. We got group chat nudes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just like a casual one to your friends. Sometimes it's funny.
Speaker 2: I mean Brooks grip, but like I also keep X's one. But would you ever send them on No.
Speaker 4: That you don't do. You just kind of keep it for yourself. And it's like in your y cloud storage.
Speaker 2: And what about if you got hacked and they got leaked out? Is that your fault?
Speaker 4: Well, my snapchat did get hacked, and I'm pretty sure stuff got out there, But I mean it happens, so I'm not ashamed.
Speaker 2: Of its slagh queen, our sex positive queen. That's booky. I love it. Thanks, Thanks honey.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows Flex and Frooms are on their quest to be Jeff Bezos's seconds quadrillionaires.
Speaker 2: You know, we're a little bit away, but.
Speaker 3: Tides could change, the luck could turn at any given moment, and every now and then people send me damn so little tips and tricks get my money on. You know, this one in particular sounded fun, but I'm like, I need the fact check, and I also need you to explain how it's gonna work. So remember how I was telling you that Soldier Boy back when LimeWire existed, came to prominence because he would wait until you know, someone famous releasing a song, so like Kanye West, Britney Spears, and then he would upload his song onto LimeWire, rename it to be the same name as the new Kanye West song. People would download it and not realize they were downloading solo Boy.
Speaker 2: So annoying genius. I love it well.
Speaker 3: Someone said that that show reminded them of this podcast they listened to didn't drop the name, or maybe they did and I forgot I don't know where. Recently, a guy has been renaming his songs on Spotify to common phrases you might say on Siri or Alexa or whatever, so it'll naturally stream his songs when you're asking for something, So like he might name his songs can you take me home?
Speaker 2: Or can you call Mom?
Speaker 3: And so then maybe Siri gets confused and it's like playing can you call Mom now? And then another stream and that works well allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 3: So not that we make music or getting any X back from Spotify, but I feel like there must be someone out there right now who could definitely capitalize on this today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean you can't knock the hustle with that, can you. It's an amazing hustle.
Speaker 3: Some people are just smarter than other people, and it really shows and instances like this, and I just wish my brain would work in that way. Some people are just like they got the hustle built in them, like the quick get rich quick schemes ready to Like like this other guy, uh he said he got rich, not rich, but he made like a bit of a stack during COVID, selling these plastic clippies that you could use to pull your key cart out of the ATM so you didn't have to touch it.
Speaker 2: Now, very niche and also very American.
Speaker 3: But he said he made like six figures, so not bad and they were like a dollar or something. Anyway, more get rich quick schemes coming soon. Maybe we'll start a pyramid scheme.
Speaker 2: I think that's the natural procreation of people. I'm not above it.
Speaker 1: This is flex and froomes.
Speaker 2: FLEXI so I was on the talk and I carame across this video you know those ones, which is like they're playing Robolocks or something or Minecraft, while a AI voice is telling a story from Reddit. Yes, yes, yes, that's yeah amazing. So this one was, what is a really intimate thing you and your partner do that is interesting for a relationship that you didn't think would be an intimate thing you deal with someone. Then the AI voice reads out in an answer from Reddit, and this person says, this is a bit funny and silly and very intimate. My partner and I had been dating for a year and we get back from a night out and we both are busting. So we're in the car home and saying, oh my god, I'm busting. I'm busting, but we both need to y go and pee. And then he's like, I had this crazy idea that we both pee at the same time. So she sits down in the toilet, she stands a bus, she spreads the leg, she spreads the leg, and he's peeing in between the legs into the toilet. And he said, yeah, it was a really intimate moment. It was quite funny, and it was a nice mile stren in a relationship. I like people.
Speaker 3: And when I said he, any man don't have the best aim at the best of time, So why all of a sudden you have direct aim in this moment. Imagine his pea droplets grazing. I mean, I think it's funny. It's like a funny bit. I like little funny bits, but also really horrifying.
Speaker 2: Would you do it if I was dating? Yeah, I think I would do it if it was hot enough. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you ever peed on someone in the shower? No, but I pee in the shower if I need to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting, I thought I was cute and funny. I do it if you're going to get into the shower after it's just some little gag ha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't make it a habit. Don't get too comfortable because you start fighting around me. It's a chop if you go to the bathroom do a number two and it starts wafting into chop or the waft. But you can't help the waft FLEXI, you can definitely help the waft. You help the waft poo drops number one.
Speaker 2: That's I don't think that cuts through a hot steam of a big It doesn't cut through.
Speaker 3: But but if you time it well enough, just know my movements.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you need to go let me know.
Speaker 2: It's like sort myself FLEXI. You've not experienced a disgusting scent of someone doing a fat log and then using the ashot poo poo drops and then I walk in, I'm smelling like Pope, like naturally Australian ingredients with sweet shit. Yeah, it's terrifying. Poo drops, abolish poo drops.
Speaker 3: No, it depends because some some I'm using this one that's called number two, great brand, great, good brand name, but that one does a really good job when you put them after, But then you get the other ones you put before creates a seal on top, and when the poop goes under the water, the seal traps scent.
Speaker 2: See, I never know one of the shit's gonna come. I sit down, I start being open. There's still time, there's a window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, disgusting, but sweets disgusting.
Speaker 1: More of that.
Speaker 3: Disgusting and sweet. It's a very like hard line to figure. But once you find it, like calling someone a pet name like bushpeak, it's disgusting and sweet one banshee vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kada mis.
Speaker 3: Remina has a theory for us, and I am ready to dispute it, but for now I have my listening ears on and my seeing eyes open.
Speaker 2: So when we first started doing this radio show, I told you a story about how I like to take up both arm rest when I'm sitting in the middle of the seat on the plane. I tell that story often. It seems to have become a defining feature of my personality, according to Flex, and honestly, I've not done much to dispute it, so I will wear it. But I came across this article I think it was in Sydney Morning Harold, part of their Traveler offshoot, and it was about how this is an opinion piece, flying economy class turns us into selfish, angry and clueless people. You know, I don't disagree. I don't disagree, and I've said it before.
Speaker 3: I feel like nobody has a leg to stand on flying economy. So when we come onto the plane, we're talking about this is my middle seat, these are my arm rests. I want this, babes. Fuck you just made the cut for this flight. If it was really popping, you'd be in the front getting you know, table service. But at the back here we're all one and everyone needs to do their bit to be an upstanding person.
Speaker 2: If anything, people should turn it on. I guess well, essentially they were saying that we're all stuck in the fire box. All of the general niceties of gen pop no, keep going, keep going, all the general niceties of everyday society. Flies out of the window, out of the window, into the air. But I also learned that have you ever wondered where the flight attendants sleep? No? Do you ever think attendants sleep? Yeah? Don't they have a little bunk bed? Where is it? Though? Somewhere in the front. The bunk beds were above us. So when you're in the air and you think, oh my, I'm flying from Europe to Australia, this is taking eighteen hours. Where are the flight attendants? They're sleeping in bunk beds in ahead of our head. I love that, or in front of us, but mostly above our heads. How cool is that? That is really cool? Secily, I say this aord to say we are ban she's in the air. It's not just me.
Speaker 3: Maybe it should be a little psa though, because I feel as though something about flying makes me more accommodating than I usually would be, and I'm not an accommodating person. I don't really care so interesting, But something about us as being on that space, It's like we have our own little community for the next two hours, three hours, eight hours, and our experience here is as good as the rest of us make it. So you start getting, you know, getting antsy with the flight attendant. Now she's not nice to me. Okay, you know you leave a big hunker chunker in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Now it's terrible for everyone. Hunker chunker.
Speaker 3: So if we all do our little bit, then we get off this scott free. But that being said, if I'm in the emergency, if I'm in the if if I'm in the emergency exit row and there is how do you say an incident, I'm not helping anyone.
Speaker 2: That's the real one.
Speaker 3: You're the one to be worried about, literally, because I've been doing my please and thank you. Do you want to grab your your luggage from off the top, I'm always doing one of those. Do you know the bathroom you just tap me. I'll be napping, all good or good. When push comes to shove and there's a bit of turbulence. I don't care who you are, You'll have to fend for yourself. And if the plane crashes and we somehow find our way to land, I'm raising everybody's suitcase first thing. Ah. Then I'm going a little stash a kilometer, a click that way, a little stash for the medicinal items, a little snacks like all of it.
Speaker 2: You know, I would stay with you if I was on a deserted so you should, because I'm serious. Everyone's like, we're gonna get saved. We're gonna get saved.
Speaker 3: I've already I've already started a new colony, and my frooms is my VP, who's CFO.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I'm the jest because we're living in a monarch anyway.
Speaker 1: And I've talked to.
Speaker 3: Lot about my observations on how TikTok is ruining not only celebrity culture, but how we relate to celebrities, musicians, what we expect from them, how we expect to, you know, orient ourselves in their spaces, the whole thing. I've seen some real kooky stuff from gen Z Okay, I've seen them sit down at concerts when the main actor is on. I don't understand, but more recently, there's something about having not only your device at festivals, concerts or whatever, but being able to publish your content to a broader audience.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, let's say, back in the days, if I wasn't at Splendor in the Grass or Falls festival or Lane Way and I wanted to see what was happening, I just had to hope that my friend was going to be there and I could see they're behind the scenes maybe, or that the artists.
Speaker 2: Would post, you know, one or two cute little.
Speaker 3: Stories about their experience, or you know, a publication would do a little photo gallery of what it was like, and then you just kind of have to feel in the gaps yourself. Thanks to TikTok, there's no gap filling. Every single minutia of every single outdoor event has been well documented, especially if it's a big artist.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, when Harry Styles is touring as he's been for the last sixteen thousand years, every single day I see his outfit, I see him doing the same little you know, shimmy on the stage, the same little routine like I know he's set by now because everybody, I don't know who's posting it, but it's any it on my feed every single time. More recently, though, Steve Lacey, who.
Speaker 2: Bing bang, I'm saying the bits of his concert. Everyone's putting like, oh yeah, yes, yes, context please, He's sorry, ing bong.
Speaker 1: Steve Lacey.
Speaker 3: You all know him, alternative indie singer. But also he was in an R and B band called The Internet. He's been touring recently and he has a massed bit of extra fame from a few viral songs on TikTok so be it now. The thing about him is we don't know much about him, you know, And I kind of like that about celebrities. And thanks to all this concert footage coming out, what we're seeing isn't ideal. He's a bit of a rager. Didn't see that coming for him. There was an incident where a fan wanted to take a photo.
Speaker 1: Here's how.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've seen.
Speaker 3: It before, but there are a lot of fans will give their phones or their cameras to the artists to take a photo from their vantage point. Harry Styles, is it all the time? Megan thee Stallion's done it. It's quite common. In this instance, there was a bit of a gap between the barrier and the stage. So a fan throws their disposable camera at Steve Lacey kind of pegs him in the groin a little bit to the side, to the side. Steve Lacy stops his fan, stops his DJ and says, stop throwing things on my stage, gets pissed off. He walks off. He comes back right now. In that instance, people like he overreacted. I don't know if he did already didn't. All I know is that like he's upset cool. Another video comes out, there's a lull in the show some he says, can you say hello to my mom? He yells out can you be quiet?
Speaker 2: And then he goes straight into.
Speaker 3: Straight into singing, And it's like, I like knowing that celebrities and musicians and famous people are multifaceted, but it does nothing for their career, nothing at all. Thames, if you're aware, she's featured on Drake's track, She's written music for Beyonce. She was featured in a very famous TikTok series with this guy does outfits outfits of the day. So he asks you, like, hey, you know what are you wearing? Where did you get it from? And he starts Every video the same way, doesn't matter if he's talking a Doge Cat or Solan.
Speaker 2: She says, hey, what's your name?
Speaker 3: And every time the artist says hey, my name is Doja Cat, he asks Thames. Tames is someone you probably know by voice, not by face as well, right, like really famous, but like not that visibly noticeable, not so easy to discern.
Speaker 2: What she looks like, He says, hey, what's your name? She goes, I mean looking promise and looking good. And I think, like, you know, there's something.
Speaker 3: There was something about being able to curate your celebrity persona to like such a specific point, and people are missing that and they're allowing themselves to be seen too closely. And I feel like it's all gonna backfire because one things that fent one thing that fans claim.
Speaker 2: To like but they don't.
Speaker 3: It's authenticity one hundred percent, and I want your authentic self. You're looking grumpy, it's a chop. You're looking ungrateful, it's a chop. You look like you want to be somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It's a chop.
Speaker 3: And I'm telling you, I don't know if it's gonna be like a death of celebrity or something, but like then it's gonna be some kind of revolution. I know what it is, but it's coming and it's coming quick, and I'm scoorrid for.
Speaker 2: Me, for them. Guillotine vibes, guilt, gillotine, guillotine, guillotine, guillotine. When the truit off.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio