Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast brought.
Speaker 2: I do not mean to use the word curse and dating in the same sentence, but it's about time that I share this information. It was told to me on an occasion where I bought an ex shoes.
Speaker 1: It was said, flippantly, what do you know about that? About buying an X shoes? Yeah? I don't What do you mean, why did you say first mistake? I don't know shoes are so specific.
Speaker 2: I was just frugal frooms coming out. Yeah, okay, okay, not afraid to drop a.
Speaker 1: Bag on the one I love. Okay, I'm sugar mummy. True, true, I don't mind.
Speaker 2: But it was said to me flippantly that it's quote unquote bad luck to buy your partner shoes. Now, this person you know, some friends you can tell they're a wealth of knowledge, was not that kind of person, an acquaintance one I didn't even know. Whet research from it came up again and recently three years later or whatever, so I do some research. There's not a lot out there, but Reddit always provides. Allegedly, in a few cultures cross Africa, Asia, Europe, it is considered bad luck or even a curse to buy your partner shoes because they would wear those same shoes and hawk out of your life. I'm thinking, what did Nike do to you? Okay, what did Doc Martins do to you? Apparently the whole thing comes from back back in the days where women predominantly would sit there and make these soft shoes for their partners. They could like walk and go on long journeys right across to other like towns and villagers do work and stuff. And the idea is that if you make the shoes too comfortable, they can walk further away from you, meet another nice woman, you know what I mean? You know what I mean, and never come back to you. Oh dear, do you believe in superstitions like that?
Speaker 1: Depends? What do you mean? Depends If I'm in a.
Speaker 3: Bad way, I believe in superstitions. If I'm chilling, I don't believe in superstitions.
Speaker 1: So where are you at now? Half half? Will you or will you not? Buy your partner shoes? I will buy them shoes? What kind of shoes?
Speaker 3: Nike Free, Nike Air Force ones?
Speaker 1: Nah? Are you buying my king boat shoes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I love a loafer. I've been known to buy a man a loafer it's hot. Yeah, it's like the first phase of transforming them.
Speaker 3: Your daddy's only and we have to stop changing people we do.
Speaker 1: We have to accept them as they are. What is a good boy shoe? A good shoe for a low dock Martin? Yeah, hot, yeah, SMaL, we crack the matrix. Just if you're a boy.
Speaker 3: You're listening, I personally don't look good in a low dock neither.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, I like that silhouette. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This made me think of other dating superstitions because I feel like people have them, but they wouldn't call them superstitions, Like you don't sleep with them on the first date if you want to be taken seriously.
Speaker 3: So, I've only just recently got into Sex in the City. I'm watching it from front to back.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're also Samantha?
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna say Charlotte. So Charlotte with their first husband. Have you watched the show? Charlotte is like a wholesome girl. She wants to settle down, she wants to tick all the boxes, very innocent vibes, and she meets this guy Tray, who's perfect on paper. She's like thirty four, like ready to settle down. And so she like doesn't have sex with him because she thinks, oh, if I don't have sex with him, he'll want me. Doesn't have sex till the night of the marriage. Hectic, and it turns out he doesn't like having sex and he can't root and he can't.
Speaker 1: Get his ed function.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it like nearly panse panous maple fet in.
Speaker 1: Thanks so hetero am I? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What I was trying to say was her superosition worked out badly because then she didn't get to try before she bought.
Speaker 1: Okay, Andrew Tate, jeez, what do you mean trouble you buy a wedding ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, don't be throwing that tear you around me.
Speaker 3: I'm a fun bird cutie. Okay, no, no, no, what's the supersition that I believe in? I definitely have my like I don't like admitting it, but there's definitely that thing of like, I worry about age. What do you mean, like I worry that I'm not going to meet someone. I mean, statistically most people won't meet.
Speaker 1: Someone don't love. I can't I can't love. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: But then I'll get into a relationship you could have Oh my God, this is the same girl.
Speaker 1: I'm worried I won't meet anyone. What about the longest tune ever? This one's been sitting in your nut since nineteen sixty five. I put that video up. Did he message me?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, he messaged me a selfie video of him zooming on himself in the mirror.
Speaker 1: It was never gonna work. Yeah, now, oh I'm freaking out. No.
Speaker 3: There's definitely like superstitions that you have, particularly as a woman. If you want certain things, you're like, oh, if you really want something, you psychically make changes. And I think that's superstitious because you don't actually have to change, Like your age doesn't matter necessarily in certain bits, like it's like, oh, when I turn thirty, I gotta be x y Z like that. Superstitions, but they're just widely held superstitions.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think that if you are dealing with someone who actually likes you, there isn't much you can do wrong, considering that you're trying to be on your best behavior anywhere. I think about some of my past boyfriends and the energy that I was bringing to the space.
Speaker 1: Good so flippant, like you know, like so flippant, not.
Speaker 2: Noncommittal, just like hyperindependent and yet latched on.
Speaker 1: It's what you do. I would hate to date you, but I no I do.
Speaker 3: I would hate to date you, but I would love to be loved by you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, if you're someone the issue is bibe, you need to find someone toe cure.
Speaker 2: Literally, that is the issue. Hard to date, But it's nice to be loved by me. Do you know what's really bad when you get demoted by me? Because I'd be doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh, tell me more.
Speaker 2: You can tell when people are my favorite people versus when they get demoted. I like to be interdependent with my favorite people.
Speaker 1: Oh, you demote people within your friendship group.
Speaker 2: Not a lot, but sometimes, like I feel like sometimes you're in a wavelank with someone You're like, know what this is? This feels good, Like this is where all my energy is. And then some people I'm like, no, my energy is.
Speaker 1: Not good here. It's not like reciprocated. It's not fun.
Speaker 2: But because I'm very extreme, I can't half fast emotion.
Speaker 1: We're just not gonna be hanging out. You're gonna be throwing them down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's just like you're just not You're not you don't have the same access.
Speaker 1: It's like a subscription. It feels literally it feels.
Speaker 2: Like it's a gate. I don't even have the key to this gate anymore. Like you just don't have the key anymore. I don't know who has it, but I don't have it. It's gonna be waving you from the gate, like I don't know how to get in. But it's really good in here.
Speaker 1: You take them pool out of the ladder, ladder out of the pool. God damn. Anyway, it is what it is. Share your superstitions with us because I'd love to. Yeah, I want to know Coo here the better.
Speaker 3: Because what I've realized is if you think something's if you think something very deeply, but you think it's weird, it's not weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that thing of this girl who was like she's writing a pros and cons list of like her partner and she put in the cons has a stable family, like they won't have time for he has a good relationship with their families.
Speaker 1: She's like, it's never gonna work.
Speaker 3: See, that's only good if their family is good. Otherwise it's a disaster.
Speaker 1: Literally, flex and flex and fremes cater never miss a beat.
Speaker 3: We are doing a very special live recording on the island in Sydney's Harbor. I've never been, but it's like a barge where there's drinks and fun. On February third, and we invited you, our dear listeners, to apply online to be granted access to the island and we are very excited. We've got a caller on the line right now. I'm going to tell her that she's one v IP.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Hello, Hello, this is an automated message from the Australian Government.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi, hey taking it's flex and fruits.
Speaker 1: Are you going to Did you believe that even just for a second.
Speaker 2: Not a single part of it?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll drag it next time.
Speaker 3: Look, we're calling you taking some very exciting news. You were glad to come onto.
Speaker 1: Our little island.
Speaker 3: I do, and I'm so excited to tell you you've you've actually won VIP tickets to come sis.
Speaker 1: No wait, yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 3: It means you and a friend can come. Amazing, You're granded access to the island and you can go with us and get sunset.
Speaker 1: Drinks all in the house. Oh my god, we're just getting near it. But on the company dime of course.
Speaker 4: Of course, thank you so much, Peter.
Speaker 1: I don't yeah anything anything you want to tell.
Speaker 4: Us that you like about us, you know what, Like if I started, I'd be going on for the rest of the afternoon.
Speaker 3: I'm just obsessed with you guys, and I'm so excited to meet you.
Speaker 2: The feeling is mutual. We have plenty of stories to share. But also I'd just like to exchange some gossip with you on the day, So if you can, I'm just ready to go with just like your deepest, darkest secrets or even better, not even your own, just mind them from your nearest and dearest and share their trauma with me.
Speaker 1: Please, Oh my god, I can definitely do that. Thank you all right, babe for me already. We'll see you soon, Oh my god, see you go so soon.
Speaker 3: Well bye, another gorgeous listener coming to us to our end of the world island gat Way to be a great place to be if the world ends.
Speaker 2: No, no, don't get me started on that. No, we don't want to be on water when the world is ending.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't even have enough food, enough flex and frooms. They're the best you hellolo.
Speaker 3: I gotta stop saying that because I'm actually not from Britain. I'm thirty three percent Scottish.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm Scottish. Is my like star symbol star sign? Yeah, your sun sign? Then British is your moon moon? I think it's your rising. Actually, what does that mean? Is that the big one? I don't think we should get into it right now. Would you prefer to a Scottish greeting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to be like Scottish presenting. Scottish people are funnier, or I think Irish are the funniest.
Speaker 1: So what's Scottish greeting? You can give us.
Speaker 3: Shrek adjacent anyway I say this, or to say I have a hack a wiki?
Speaker 1: How if you will? About one online app It rhymes with click clock. I remember at the start of our show we used to not call it TikTok. You'd call it the clock app click clock.
Speaker 3: If we had some sort of commercial limitations. So we call it TikTok. If you are familiar, and I often like to harvest tiktoks to them post on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I know millennial rising. Yeah, it's giving. Harvest is a great word, though, what is what I do?
Speaker 3: I go and it's like I hoe the fields or whatever you're mining, throw ten on the story for the normy.
Speaker 1: Someone Gina Rhinhant, get on with it, twiggy, and then you say you miss that Twiggy.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I love to harvest tiktoks, and sometimes I find you can't save them. How like some creators make it so you can't save. So he's to screen record, but you can see all the ugly buttons on the side, like how many people commented?
Speaker 4: And then a.
Speaker 1: TikToker toare me a trick.
Speaker 3: There's a mode, so you press the little three buttons on the right and you say clear mod, Clear mode. What happens, All those buttons go away, so all you can see is the video. So if you want to record a video, rip it, just pull.
Speaker 1: If you want to illegally.
Speaker 2: Steal someone's content to repurpose without any reference to their original username, is how you do it.
Speaker 1: Clear mode must be done. Anyway. I just thought it was really interesting and I personally will use it, so I liked it a lot. Flex and Fromes you're listening to Flex and firms.
Speaker 2: What the frick as you know, I've touched down from Ghana. It is the wild, wild West, the land of cocoa oil.
Speaker 1: Gold oil. Yeah, it's some oil there, but mostly gold and cocoa. Oh, I think of like olive oil, but actual like petrol. Yeah, and cocoa. Coco cabri there, cocoa capital, babe.
Speaker 2: All the other European countries are mining cocoa from Ghana.
Speaker 1: Just Ghana, Central America. Cops. Yeah, but Ganna got the better coat, babes. Sorry, history, listen, no question, just listen.
Speaker 2: I was experiencing some bower issues now. I want to be honest.
Speaker 1: With the Coco capital. That's good if having a brown enough.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of those capital i ibs gurlies or Capital L lactose girlies. I'm quite mild in those things. But what I can guarantee is a once a day bow release. Really yeah, that's just what it's gonna happen for me, true, okay. And what was not happening was a one to day bow release in Ghana. It got to about day seven and I was like, okay, so something's backed up. What I will say though, I was just eating soup because I was six, and maybe I was just coming out the front not the back.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I can't do it, but I did. Hit didn't when you talk about this stuff.
Speaker 2: So when I do it, it's an issue. Yeah, when they do it anyway. So I did do some research. I felt like a scientist when mining this data for you. But it's a surprisingly simple answer as to why hotties, in particular, I can't poop on vacation, and allegedly scientifically, anytime you leave your general habitat, you're gonna disrupt the way your body functions. So if you're in a different time zone, obviously things are out of whack. You're eating at a different time, you're sleeping at a different time, you're hydrating at a different time at a different intensity. And while that may seem like very chill for you, consciously, your body is probably registering that as like stress related changes in activity. So it's freaking out on behalf of you. You know what I'm saying. If we're stressed but don't have time to.
Speaker 1: Do this, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Also, I was reading that movement generally, and it's walking, skipping, copping, running, getting up and down simulates the gut. So when you're sitting on a plane for ages, sitting in a car for ages, sleeping for longer than you usually would, or whatever that's not moving the stuff around that needs to move so it.
Speaker 1: Comes out of you.
Speaker 2: So do your big intestines a favor. Start moving on holiday. If you want to pooh, if you're not interested, don't.
Speaker 1: Worry about it.
Speaker 3: I'd rather not move and not pooh then the other way. I also actually would recommend eating junk food. My bowel movement's got a lot more regular when I started eating more junk food.
Speaker 2: So also it might be all that sodium packed airplane food. Let me tell you, because didn't we talk last time. I think last year we spoke about the fact that airplane food is made to kind of like clog you up because we can't have eighty thousand people trying to use the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Oh that's genius, it makes sense, all right.
Speaker 1: Flex and Firms, Flex and Frimes Cater never miss a beat.
Speaker 2: Last year we learned about the phenomena called quiet quitting. It's when you just do your job and you don't break your back for the for the what do you call him, the big man, uh, the the mister big Yeah, for corporations.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you just clocky and you do your job. You go home.
Speaker 2: You don't work later than you need to. You don't put your heart and soul in it. You just like do the job and leave. The issue is too many of you took it too seriously and you started bludging at work, and a few of you got fired. I did see a few he got fired. A fair few of you though, thought you could outsmart the man.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately the man is the man for a reason. Yeah, who do we work for? Whose side? Anyway?
Speaker 2: I heard about a story of this, this woman in Canada who actually got fined for bludging at work. Basically, she was let go and she tried to sue her employer for like unfair dismissal. She won a five k because she was like, hey, you didn't community notice. I need some money. So her work was like, okay, we're going to contest this and go and see if you were actually doing all the work you said you were doing in the thirty eight hours per week you were meant to be putting in thirty hours of work. What were you doing? So they went back using this app to check all her activity, all the browsers she was on and how long she was on them, and her keystrokes, and found that given the time that she spent bludging on TikTok, you know, looking at other emails, she actually owes them money, owes them seventy five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: So the thing is, we all like to get too big flatboots, you know what I'm saying. But sometimes you just quite quit and keep it to yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't know what kind of corporations you guys work for, but I'm just saying, beware, they're looking at your keystrokes, looking at your history. I don't want to get all conspiracy theorists, but.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go into apps that bosses I think are permitted to use.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a privacy law. Keystrokes, as we know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, websites and looking at all, looking Netflix on your computer, they're probably gonna say that's out of work use Yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't even unless you work in media. True true, true, se quit your jobs, work in media. Save a life.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.