Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Bah region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples today. Hello, and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things, completely leaning into uncertainty, completely surrendering and completely going.
Speaker 2: I'm ready for the mystery. Are you excited?
Speaker 3: I'm excited for you, but I'm like, I don't know if I could do that myself yet.
Speaker 1: Hello guys, and welcome back to the Rise and Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, new mum all the things. Today's episode we are chatting about something that makes my inner control freak get a bit crazy, and that's uncertainty. Oh thanks for those sound effects here.
Speaker 2: Ps.
Speaker 1: Guys, I hope you're all getting ready for your last day of work or I hope you finished and ready for the best Christmas festive holiday ever.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Merry Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Eve and Happy Holidays.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I was so Jehovah's witness, Like we couldn't say Mary Christmas, so.
Speaker 2: Just like happy are you similar? Like or do you say Mary Christmas?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I just say because everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people celebrate it, so I'm open to celebrating with them, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. Yeah, So sorry, back to it.
Speaker 1: So, guys, I've mentioned this in a previous episode, but this episode's all about uncertainty, and I've done a lot of inner work to prepare for next year and it is completely different to anything I've ever done before.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I'm gonna fully get into it in the.
Speaker 1: Episode, but basically, for the first time, I am not planning my whole year. I am leaning into uncertainty, leaning into mystery, and kind of not filling up my year.
Speaker 2: So there is spaces for the universe to like do its.
Speaker 1: Thing, and I'm having full, full body fucking trust. I'm go excited and it's like I finally feel excited about this. But this is something if you're a control freak or if you're just you're a planner, you like to know how things go so human of us. This episode is probably going to grind you the wrong way, but listen, just have a listen, see how you feel. Because I'm really really excited for this new year and this kind of new leaning into uncertainty and really looking at things differently and then what is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Because of that. But because this is our last recording session for the year, I do want to let you guys know we do have two epps coming over the holiday, not two EPs. Sorry, EPs.
Speaker 1: We've got all the Epps we have pre planned for you, so don't worry.
Speaker 2: There's going to be episodes. Look a Tea has been slaving away.
Speaker 1: She's been working a little butt off for you guys to have content, so please listen. But no, we've got some fun epps happening over the festive season, so look out on your potty feed.
Speaker 2: And there's a.
Speaker 1: Couple of different ones too, so I hope you guys enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: But before we get into today's episode, a tear recommendations.
Speaker 3: I'm going so rogue because it's the holidays and we're not doing recommendations for a while. So I've got two yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm just reiterating the avatar the way of the water. Yes, you said that, but.
Speaker 3: Then my actual two recommendations are, so you've got three. Yeah, interesting, have an epsom salt bath. I has this come from. I wasn't feeling great on Monday and my legs are really sore, and then I went home and I had an epsom salt bath and I've never felt better. Genuinely thought I was getting sick. And then now i'm.
Speaker 2: Chip is a bird? Is that the fray? Chip is a bird? I don't know. I don't think so, but anyway, I know what you mean. Yeah, I haven't done one in years. Yeah, I needed to.
Speaker 3: Do them, though I can't remember when I stopped, and I never I've never done one with the epsom salts from the pharmacy. I used to use the ccentered ones, but these ones were like magnesium epsom salts, and I just felt amazing love. So that's my one recommendation.
Speaker 2: You know what it did? It probably like cleared a lot of like gross energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, that's exactly how I felt after, and just like very relaxed.
Speaker 2: And at peace. Magnesium would have really got you in that ste Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Pretty good and then my second one. I've recently discovered that not everyone who's watched the National Treasure franchise. You're looking at me like you have it. It's got Nicholas Cage in it. Oh, yes, you've seen them. They're like Treasure Hunt movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I've only seen the first couple. There's two, there's only two. Yeah, I seen them.
Speaker 3: That's my recommendation. There's also a theories part of it that just came out on Disney Plus, which is pretty good. But yeah, my recommendation is those two movies. Okay, they're quite old, aren't they. They are very old, but they're just so good. What's his name, Nicholas Cage. Yeah, I enjoy.
Speaker 2: Him me too.
Speaker 3: It's pretty What are your recommendations?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me give you a couple.
Speaker 1: So we've already given the Megan and Harry we loved, Yes, tick that off the liss Oh okay, very excited. I absolutely consumed this. I just finish The White Lotus on Binch. Oh.
Speaker 2: I have you seen season one? I haven't, but OD said I needed to watch it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you would love it a tear. It's it's kind of so season one and season two, you wouldn't actually need to watch season one first because they're different.
Speaker 2: They're different stories. Yeah, they're different stories, so it doesn't actually matter. It's so interesting.
Speaker 1: It's almost odd, like it's a very they just do things differently, Like I find moments where in other TV shows like it would just chop and go to someone else, but it's like it lingers, and there's lots of music, and there's lots of like not dramatics, but what's that kind of word. There's lots of like, yeah, maybe dramatics. Like there's a lot of drama. Like everything is like emphasized with the music and the.
Speaker 2: Like in the production of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the b roll production. Yeah, production wise, I think you would appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I will watch it. There's a lot to it, and.
Speaker 1: Just like the storyline, it's almost very real, very real, real scenarios that's like not a lot of people would talk about.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I remember thinking that in season one. Season two is almost like a bit more I don't want to say un realistic because this is what I mean.
Speaker 1: Who knows, but it's so interesting. So concept they go to So White Lotus is a hotel. So the first season's like Maui, and then the second season sicily.
Speaker 3: Apparently the third one's gonna be filmed here. Oh, I would love to film I'd love.
Speaker 2: To be in it. Should I become an actor, you'd love to film it? I'd love to film it. I'm joking.
Speaker 1: But anyway, So they go to a hotel and then you follow and it's only seven days, so there's only seven episodes an episode of day, but you follow like what each family or people are doing, and it's just so interesting because some overlap, some don't. They've got fucking shit going on. And I fucking love theo James. Oh me too, I'm obsessed with him.
Speaker 2: Did you watch Divergent? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was fucking obsessed with that show, like literally obsessed with him. He would be my whole buzz really, yes, wow, I'm obsessed with him. I don't love his character in this season, but he plays it so well.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Any of the res guys just fucking take a break.
Speaker 2: It's my recommendation.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling so ready for the holidays, and in that though, it's because we are completely prepping so we can all actually take a break.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: So a big thing I want to do of these holidays is like, actually not be on my phone. If I jump on my stories to you guys, fucking tell me to get off, because.
Speaker 2: No, I actually just love doing that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm just like I really want to, like I want to have days where I put my phone in a draw, no phone days, yeah, and like really shut off and really be present. And I'm just like really craving that time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's my recommendation. Was a bit of a red your phone. Yeah, I might do it. No phone day on the holidays, just one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you can do any more than And I'm excited for like we're not going away, but we're just like I want to do adventurous stuff, cute.
Speaker 2: We want to go to the.
Speaker 1: Beach and like go to rock pools and go to the hinterland and just like do stuff like that with Ivy and Tim.
Speaker 2: Oh, and also catch up with like girlfriends because I've been neglecting them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, in that, let's get into the show. Well, let's chat uncertainty and surrender, because these are I feel like everyone struggles with this. Do you struggle with this?
Speaker 3: A tear? Yes, But apparently I've been told them a control freaks.
Speaker 1: So look, we're much like I tend to like attract control. I think it's because they're really good at their job. Usually true, I'm fine with it unless literally, unless you're Tim. I feel like you would struggle with uncertainty and surrender. Tim is such a chill cucumber that he's like absolutely embraces it, and that's his vibe. But if you're a normal person like me and a tea and everyone else, I guarantee you you could do with surrendering and really welcoming mystery. And that's how I want to kind of turn uncertainty and like, really, because uncertainty straight away, I'm like negative feelings. I get triggered. I literally I am triggered, bringing on trauma, hyperventilate exactly. But it's like, what if we saw uncertainty as like beautiful mystery.
Speaker 2: And like magic.
Speaker 1: I think Disney movies vibe.
Speaker 2: So, guys, the whole reason.
Speaker 1: This topic has come up that I really want to just do a good old reef and rant on it is because a couple of weeks back, I went on a one night actually it was two nights away to Crystal Book Byron Bay, which was beautiful, and the first night I was by myself and I really just use that to like relax and unwind and really get to a place where I like felt like my nervous system could actually be like, Okay, I'm safe, I can chill the fuck out. And then the second night, my bestie joined me. And she has been my best friend fourteen years. So we've known each other since we were fourteen. And it's funny because we've both been on our own like self development journeys, but we've always done like at least an annual sleepover where we It hasn't always been planning like I'm sure there were a few nights out there for.
Speaker 2: A couple of years, but for the last couple.
Speaker 1: Of years, it's like an annual sleepover where we you know, look at our year and we chat about it and we plan our you know, next year. And so this this time we decided to really be bougie and go away and really get in the bike. Because she's a mom of two, I've obviously got ivy and it's a little bit hard to do that when you you know, got children and husbands around. So it was such an amazing thing. Highly recommend and so what we did is we actually went through so she wanted to go through the workbooks of the do It for Your Future Self.
Speaker 2: Course and how did you find them? Oh my god, like she's obsessed. She's like, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: And it was really cool because obviously the workbooks are already created, were already created. Sorry, but it was really good because I know we have gone through them and you know, really reviewed them and everything. But it was good because she was like my guinea pig, and I did tweak a couple of things. Oh so I love that made them even better and made sure like they're very impactful and kind of even reduce them a little bit so they're really like took the point and powerful, so you're not just like kind of going off on tangents.
Speaker 2: And so it's funny.
Speaker 1: We joked that we spoke for eight hours straight because she got there.
Speaker 2: And then you know, we went better. At nine pm.
Speaker 1: Bet we literally worked through the world book like talking ooh, I love that, and it was it was so helpful because it was like a soundboard because I would like say, you know, this is what I think, and then then this is what I want, and then she would be like oh that's interesting because blah blah blah, and we would go back and forth and like I do meet and then we'd do her and then we'd move on to the next workbook. So it was really really good, Like I had my little Google doc up and it was amazing. I just I feel so clear on next year. And it's funny because there's a full twist in this where next year is going to be the first year that it is not fully planned out, and yet I feel the most clear I ever have.
Speaker 4: Wow, And that's because I realize I fall into this trap where I don't like uncertainty.
Speaker 1: I don't like not feeling in control. So I almost, you know, I create this illusion where I'm like, Okay, well I'm gonna plan out my whole year. I'm gonna know exactly what happens. And I cut myself short because I'm not letting the universe do its thing and I'm not surrendering, and I'm I guarantee you there would have been so many times when the universe is like, I've literally got something amazing right here ready for you. But because I am such a control freak and I'm so like, no, it's got to go this way.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like you're almost limiting yourself, yes, from anything else coming in, because.
Speaker 2: You've decided this is as far as it's going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is how it's gonna go. And in saying that, you know, I'm obviously super like high achievement the way of like I've achieved a lot and I have really big goals. So I've never picked this up of myself because like, I achieve what I want and I'm like, cool, take it off the list.
Speaker 2: But Sinder was the one who was.
Speaker 1: Like, I think you're seriously limiting your self because you are so controlling of your achievements. And I was like, did you just mind fucking yeah? And anyway, so that was like my huge aha moment was I feel like I'm really limiting myself because I try and control. And my big thing about next year is I'm not planning out the whole year. Of course, like you have to somewhat plan because we're humans and.
Speaker 2: They're running a lot of businesses. You have a child, of.
Speaker 1: Course, so like I am somewhat planned out, but the vibe that I'm bringing into the new year is completely leaning into uncertainty, completely surrendering and completely going.
Speaker 2: I'm ready for the mystery. Are you excited?
Speaker 3: I'm excited for you, But I'm like, I don't know if I could do that for myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well this is the interesting thing because old Georgie couldn't do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred and ten percent, So I really commitment.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like this is my next level self. This is like my you know, new era of next level. Georgie is leaning into uncertainty, is surrendering because she knows what she's really like.
Speaker 2: Her big, big life.
Speaker 1: She literally cannot even imagine it, because that's what I said to Cinda. And I'm like, I'm really struggling to envision my next level because everything I have right now is everything I've wanted. Yeah, and I know I say that from a complete place of like privilege. Yeah, and I might sound a bit privileged, but just in the way of like, I was really struggling with this whole I need to get clear, but I don't know what my next level looks like. I feel like I'm, you know, living my dream life. And I went back to my manifestation list at the start of you know, twenty twenty two, and I've achieved everything I wanted, which is amazing, but I have been left with this feeling of like this year felt so frantic, frantic energy, crazy energy, and I really want to step out of that and step into I might even just read my journal for we want to get really intimate. So the vibes I want to bring into the next year is like freedom and flexibility and really stepping into my next level self that I'm yet too defined because it is so next level, if that makes sense, and I don't want to limit myself. Yeah, so that was the vibe, and like you know, the first work book is all about like auditing your year, so that was the biggest and that exercises are so powerful because I just I realized what I didn't want and so it's not about like being so clear on my goals. It's just like I don't want to feel like this. I want to feel like this, and I'm going to let the universe do it thing. So that's what brings me to chatting about uncertainty and surrender because it's it's funny because you know how things often play out are very I don't want to say random, but very like you can't foresee it, like you know, yeahn for instance, a tear like how.
Speaker 2: You got this job, or it's just happens.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it just happens and you cannot almost predict it.
Speaker 2: So isn't it so.
Speaker 1: Funny then that we constantly want to control it, and we constantly need an end, and we constantly.
Speaker 2: Need to know.
Speaker 1: Yet we have experienced and we know things happen in very unforeseen and often magical ways, but we like.
Speaker 2: We can't, we can't embrace that. It's I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 3: You're actually like over there, because it's like if you had asked me at the beginning of this year, if I was to have a new job, where would it be? I would never have ever in my life guessed that it would be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like being on the show producer of the show, Like yeah, oh, but then you you know, you're saying you're a control freak. So that's what I'm saying, Like, why can't you lean into the surrender?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's right, you'll get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get that.
Speaker 2: That'll be my goal for next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, leaning into surrender. We'll do it together. So I just I just think this concept is so so funny and like I said, that was like my AHA moment of this whole trip. And it is funny because Cinda did the exact same course and the exact same workbooks, but like that wasn't.
Speaker 2: Her AHA moment.
Speaker 1: We actually completely planned her year because she is needing a year of very masculine very This is my year because where she is at with her business and her life, right, So that's what I do want to like preface this with is even though this is my AHA moment and I'm sharing with you my wisdom, again, this is at my stage of my journey where Sinda, who she did say she does need to surrender a little bit, but she is a little bit upset where she almost was in her fem.
Speaker 2: Energy like she does.
Speaker 1: She has a seven month old, so this year was very kind of like let's go of the flow. Plus she does have businesses spit hers is more next year of implementing structure, of implementing more routine because she lacked it.
Speaker 2: This year, and then she can jump again back into her fem yeah.
Speaker 1: Because she almost needs that. Whereas I am so mask energy and I'm so structured and I'm so routine that I need to lean the other way so did want to preface that because also, like if you are doing the do it for your future self course, don't be alarmed if your year is very planned out and if you're in this very energy of like getting shit done and I know exactly what I want to achieve this year, because I think that also is very healthy. Yeah, it kind of it just depends where you're at.
Speaker 3: I feel like even if you plan a little bit less like visualize your entire year, but plan.
Speaker 2: Two months ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, And so even stuff like I went through her with this, like you know, creating a marketing calendar and like things too, because I said to her, if there is that tiny bit more structure in your business, you'll actually find that the energy is more fem energy in the day to day because you're not like scrambling around to like do things so last minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more prepared. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that was off topic, So I just do want to preface that. But in saying that, like I said, Etia, I do truly believe everyone can lean into a bit of surrender, a bit of uncertainty, and like I've obviously I've got a couple of exercises for you to do in this episode.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just I want.
Speaker 4: To practice that.
Speaker 1: So brains we very much we have this you know, logical process of I want this thing and I have this goal, and like I said, it's a very logical process. But it's like if you think about you know, manifestation and if you're into you know, what we believe about your big life and those sorts of things like that is quite frankly, quite supernatural. It's quite unexplainable because there is no way we can really like know what's coming in the future. There's just so many unpredictable like variables. So it just I think it's yeah, like interesting that as humans we hate uncertainty, whereas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's life.
Speaker 1: It is. It is life, and I know, like having a sturdy plan and knowing how it's all going to go almost films like, it feels grounding to us. It feels like, oh, I know I'm going to walk across this bridge and this will happen, and you know, I'm climbing up this corporate ladder and I will get married at this time and blah blah blah, and I know it feels.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it feels very safe to us.
Speaker 1: But the belief of it being a mystery and you know, surrendering and like letting the universe do its thing is very unsafe to us. But then I was thinking, and I'm like, that's just such a limiting belief, and that was like my whole thing of like I'm actually in this moment, in this next level self, like I am limiting myself if I do try and plan out next year to a tea if you know, like it is different if you have a clear, clear vision. But I don't have a clear, clear vision. And so I was tripping up and limiting myself of trying to create this clear clear vision instead of leaning into the feeling I want on the day to day, the feeling I want at the end of the year. And also then going, hey, Universe, I'm actually going to complete surrender, like I know You're going to bring me everything I need and want and I'm just going to sit here and enjoy life.
Speaker 2: And that's the vibe. I love it. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I want you guys to think through all the happy things that have come into your life, your favorite people, the most exciting opportunities, and be like did I ever see them coming?
Speaker 2: I want you to have a good think and.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, maybe they were on your vision board or maybe you did have affirmations and that that stuff is really really important, but often the details are very unseen and very magical and yeah, very like serendipitous and it turns out epic, and it's like, let's remember those experiences and let's lean into that and kind of like live in this place of trust and faith. I know it requires us to really release the need to know the how and to overthink it and to calculate it and to look for like shore fire answers that inheritedly is like this mystery that is like life. So a little activity that I thought could be helpful for you guys to kind of step into this you know, uncertainty and surrender.
Speaker 2: And lean into mystery. Inviting mystery, if you will.
Speaker 1: Is kind of like, you know, I think it's very important to have your to do list or you know, your schedules, but invite.
Speaker 2: Like this could literally be like a little.
Speaker 1: Prayer or like a little intention. And it's just like I invite mystery into my life. And use that word too, because I found when I was thinking of that word, I'm like, I love that word and it kind of reminds me because the other day and me personally, I kind of need a taste of things and then I can like run with it. Yeah, and so what kind of made me think of this is the other day. Obviously I'm very scheduled, you know, Ellie creates my schedule on a Friday, and I stick to it mostly Tea is like rolling your eyes because like I just swapped our meetings around like four times.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but.
Speaker 1: The other day, it was a beautiful day, and Tim text me and was like, let's go to the beach at lunch time. The day is perfect, Like let's take Ivy to the beach, get fish and chips, and then like literally come to the beach and like go.
Speaker 2: Back to work.
Speaker 1: And I am someone who previously would be like, no, I've got my schedule, I've got my things, I've got to lick, you know, do things in this order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I like took a step back, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I work for myself. I can't actually leave the office and come back or just work from home, and I can you know, I obviously looked at my day and I was like I can easily swap these things around, like go to the beach. Yeah, And so I went to the beach with Tim and Ivy and it was such like so simple, so simple, and it was such a beautiful day, and I yeah, went to the beach with them. We heard fish and chips. Ivey had the best time. And then like we got home, she went down for a nap and I finished my work in the afternoon and I just worked from home and it was like so easy and nice, and I just I know old Georgie would have never said yes, because she's such a control freak and her day didn't have that in her schedule. Yeah, And so I love this idea now of like inviting mystery and being like, you know what, when things pop up and they feel right and they work, I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then like I feel like the universe is like she's getting it. She's finally taken a fucking a good while, but she's getting it. And so I'd love for you guys, like if this is something you want to invite in your life, of like saying that, like you'll literally say to yourself, I'm inviting mystery into my life. And then like another thing you can do, because again I need evidence to then like keep manifesting things. And obviously my Tim and Ivy thing is but it's like at the end of the day or the week, like write down some miss It doesn't have to be mysterious, but write down some things that weren't in your schedule that happened that were good. So maybe like you know, Tim texting me and ask me going to the beach. Maybe it's you found like a random recommendation, because we love our recommendations, don't we it t here.
Speaker 2: I love our recommendations.
Speaker 1: Or maybe like last minute invitation from a friend or a new song you found, or a book recommendation, a meeting getting canceled, and then something else like filling its space and just like kind of relish in this like new and exciting things can come and they can feel easy and they like I don't need to know. I can sit in the unknown, and I can sit in the uncertainty and I can surrender.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it's a really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Exercise everyone can do actually going into a new year, and like the Christmas holidays, and I feel like you can sit in that vibe and it can be really fun and it's like let's have a bit more fun.
Speaker 2: I thought I'd never be saying that.
Speaker 1: I am someone who is quite serious, but.
Speaker 2: I like, I love this idea.
Speaker 1: I love this season of like Georgie's actually inviting mystery into her life.
Speaker 2: It's just been a bit fun.
Speaker 1: To spontain you, but spontaneous anyway. So that is my rant on uncertainty. Oh one more thing again, and this is I'll get a recommendation for you, rogue.
Speaker 2: We're so rogan. December. So, Atiya, did you watch.
Speaker 1: The Stalts documentary?
Speaker 3: I love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: So Tim was watching it and he was halfway through and I made him like start it from the beginning because it was so interesting. But it's called I hope I'm not pronouncing it wrong.
Speaker 2: Stalts. It's Jonah Hill and therapist.
Speaker 1: Yeah yes, So it's made by Jonah Hill and his therapists called Starts. It's only an hour and like forty and something highly recommended on Netflix. And his therapist goes through a bunch of like therapy tools and mental health tools and it's such a good doco. But something in it that I really picked up and I loved is so staltz. The therapist explains there's three things humans must always go through and that you cannot avoid. And he said that is pain, uncertainty, and constantly doing the work, and I just thought, oh my god, so like on point, and it's so right, and they're like the things we hate the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like.
Speaker 1: The three things we've got to constantly go through. Yeah, And I'm like, if we can obviously pain is like I don't really want to get used to that, but if we can kind of go through getting used to being okay, hay with uncertainty and like not letting it like fuck us up and like not letting it get in our head and really, you know, yeah mess us up, It's like that's such a hack for life. And so that was also a reason why I wanted to do this episode because I feel like uncertainty has often got me in really like bad mental health spots because I love control, and so I thought we could you know, really really incorporate it. And I was even going back and forth with the thought of like, you know, maybe uncertainty and this whole surrender aspects, like this can actually be like one of our superpowers that if we can learn how to hack uncertainty and like relish and really lean into it, like this is something we can really use to like gain our power back.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, because imagine if you had the space and the confidence to not have something feel it, yeah, and let.
Speaker 2: Something feel it.
Speaker 3: But it's almost like I find for me, it's like, oh, I'll wait till X state before I plan for that space to be filled because the universe will bring it in by X state And if it's not in by X state iding to feel it before, then yes, but.
Speaker 2: It could come the day before.
Speaker 1: I know, it's difficult, could you imagine? Yes, I know, Yeah, this is like just the whole thing, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Ponder that one?
Speaker 1: Guys really ponder that one?
Speaker 2: Anyway. Hope you enjoyed this right, And Oh what I was going to say is.
Speaker 1: This is the really beautiful thing about to do it for your future self course is we do goal setting and intention setting in a very specific way, like I think I've said on here before, like no smart goals here.
Speaker 2: It is a.
Speaker 1: Very specific way, so there is room for mystery. And that's something like I think is really really important. And like I said, like I did the workbooks and got such a different like aha moment and planned for my year compared to Cinder, who did the workbooks. So it is really going to bring you exactly what you need. You've obviously got to, you know, do it in the order that the days are. But I love, I just I love this kind of new season for me personally. It is going to be such a challenge and I feel like, you know, if you're someone who's like, oh my god, this sounds horrible and you're a control freak like me, usually the thing that.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do is the thing that you need to implement.
Speaker 1: And so I've decided I'm really excited for this next season of like uncertainty and not knowing the exact things I want to achieve or the exact place that I want to be at the end of the year, but just knowing the vibe. I obviously, you know, I've done my buckets, I've done all the things, so I'm clear, bit just in a way I've never experienced it, and it just feels so good.
Speaker 3: I have a question, Yeah, do you think you would have got to where you are now if you.
Speaker 2: Planned your years more like you are next year this.
Speaker 3: Is Do you feel like you needed to go through that season of like this is my year. This is what I'm achieving. I'm going to get to here by the end of next year. Say for someone like me who's a little bit like earlier into self development, do I need to go through that first or is it that I might get further faster if I have uncertainty?
Speaker 1: So me and Cinda were pondering this exact thing, and I honestly think I may.
Speaker 2: Have got here faster.
Speaker 1: But it's like I even look back in like my whole I must finish my law degree, and I fucking spent six years doing my law degree. Like imagine if the first year because you were like, I don't like this like this, and I'm gonna go go off and do this entrepreneur thing, like I have six more years of my business.
Speaker 2: So in saying that, like that is the thing I will never know.
Speaker 1: I would never change my past because I love where I am, and I love the person I am, and I love my life and everything I have now, so obviously I would never change it. But I literally was thinking of this and it like Cinda as an observer who has known me my whole life, Yeah she did kind of. She was the one who is like, I feel like you have actually been limiting yourself by doing this. But in saying that, I, before this exact moment, I never, like I never would have been able to surrender because I just like I was not at that point where I had that trust or the trust or the capacity or the evidence like I needed to get to this point. So like I am, you know me, and I've got my own journey. I'm so different. So it's like, like, you know, you could argue for either way, but I just I think it's such an interesting concept. The way that I feel right now feels so different to how I've ever felt in my life, and I just think there's a lot of magic in that and it's very much my next level self. So yeah, like I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: We couldn't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, yeah, it's hard because it's just sort of like.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, it's well, you could go either way. I literally could. Yeah, So look, who knows? Was that was that helpful? Was that like the most unhelpful thing I've ever heard? No, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good thought point, and like you just have to I don't know, surrendered to find out which one.
Speaker 1: Well exactly, I think there is so much beauty and surrender and there's so much.
Speaker 2: And you can't go wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's your answer. But anyway, all right, my loves, I'm going to wrap up this episode.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys.
Speaker 1: Are getting ready for the festive season and unwinding, and I do want to remind you that you only have a week to purchase, well a weekend one day if you're listening in real time.
Speaker 2: To purchase, to do it for your future self, because we.
Speaker 1: Start on jan first, and the price goes up on jan eighth. So if you want to grab the course at that cheaper price and do it with us on the first of January and really get clear, the link will be in the show notes.
Speaker 2: But love you so much.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoyed this episode and I will be in your ears for the next one.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcasts and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Conquer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, and look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.