Speaker 1: My Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss Podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Good Pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn Badio work our windows downe.
Speaker 1: That's my worries in the dust, only good fabs all down. I've don't much now, but yeah I know I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 3: It don't matter where.
Speaker 4: This is the pickup.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, you're listening to the Pickup with Brett Harkley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday, Happy Tuesday. Do you know what I came across just on Instagram as I was flicking.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine what your Instagram feed you.
Speaker 1: No, I reset my feed so it's not as hectic as it used to be. I used to get some really really upsetting reels fed.
Speaker 5: To me, you know on the explore page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a reflection of who you are.
Speaker 5: No, it really isn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything to deserve this. Instagram just thought I like watching pimple popping videos because I looked once and then it was like, oh you like that had some more that I yeah, all right, well look this is I thought.
Speaker 5: This gave me a real chuckle. So female frogs, not all of.
Speaker 1: Them, but there's a specific species out there of female frogs who fake their own death to avoid mating with males that they don't find attractive.
Speaker 5: And I just think, go off, queen, good on you if you like, imagine imagine being so just hop away. Nah, they just pretend to be dead. Lay there.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much what I do at the moment, and what the frog won't do it then, Yep, it's having the same effect on my husband, Bora.
Speaker 3: Welcome to three PM everyone.
Speaker 5: I'm too pregnant.
Speaker 3: I can't. I thought he I mean, we're going off track here. I thought he had a pregnancy thing.
Speaker 6: He does.
Speaker 5: That's the problem. My husband does have a pregnancy king. I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired. I have indigestion all the time. I can't breathe.
Speaker 5: I just now. Yeah, I don't pretend to be dead. I pretend to be asleep. I was hoping it was a joke.
Speaker 3: All Laura's inspiration.
Speaker 6: Everything on a search page is just about the dead throw.
Speaker 5: If it's good not for the frogs, it's good enough for me.
Speaker 1: Now we've managed to not talk about it thus far, which seems truly astonishing because the entire world has been talking about the Coldplay couple took cam.
Speaker 6: Well, like, let's do something different and not talk about it, and then we wait a couple of days, we're like, we have let's talk about it now.
Speaker 1: No, but it's because, like I mean, you guys have seen the memes. If you don't know what we're talking about. It was a Coldplay concert that happened. There was a couple that was caught on the kiss cam and they have gone absolutely viral because of the reaction that they had, so they quickly pulled away from each other. She covered her eyes. Now even Chris Martin himself is heard in the video saying, oh, either they're really shy or they're having an affair. Turns out they are having an affair. They're not They are shy affairs, but that's what it is, right, So the internet did what the internet does. The Internet very quickly found out who these people are. He's the CEO of a tech company called Astronomer, and she, Scandalous, is the head of HR.
Speaker 3: Which is funny in itself.
Speaker 5: Really both of them are married.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The big question is is whether it's gone too far now, whether the public shaming is justifiable whether the fact that I mean, he's lost his job, he's resigned as the CEO, they have been completely humiliated online, and whether it has gone too far.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a question in that question. Yes, it's gone too far to answer.
Speaker 6: But the question in the question is should you be losing your job off the back of an affair?
Speaker 3: Like should those two things be interrelated?
Speaker 6: In this case, possibly there has to be repercussions because of the nature of the affair being with hr there's obviously a power and balance there. He is not only like the CEO of the company, but he has shares in the company, he part owns the company.
Speaker 3: There's definitely issues there, maybe.
Speaker 6: Contractually within that company that they have broken a breach of fornicating with.
Speaker 3: Staff members, Like yeah, maybe you can't do that.
Speaker 6: But generally speaking, I don't think that you should be losing a job because of an.
Speaker 1: Fair Like obviously we think it's immoral, we think it's evil, all those things.
Speaker 5: But I think the reason why I think.
Speaker 1: People have taken such joy in watching this crumble and burn is because most people have been cheated on.
Speaker 5: Most people know what that pain is like, right, and it is horrible.
Speaker 1: It is such an evil and nasty way to treat someone, to cheat on them and to betray their trust like that, But there's usually no punishment for it, right, Like, it's not like any other thing where you would have that much sort of emotional turmoil. There's some sort of punishment that happens, and in these instances, usually the person does the cheating gets off relatively scot free, or maybe that the relationship breaks down. But like in the grand scheme of things, I think maybe we all take a little bit of joy in watching the ruination of this couple because we're like, finally, you know, suffer, because we've all been there.
Speaker 6: I would say it was maybe like that for the first twelve hours. I would say it's transcended that, and that's not it anymore. People are taking joy in the humor, like people have made it into comedy content.
Speaker 5: But they're no longer people.
Speaker 3: They're not people anymore. The situation is what is funny. Anyone that is stage.
Speaker 6: Performing right now, anyone that has a platform on Instagram, anyone you follow, I can guarantee you has made some kind of a mockery of this situation. They've re enacted it, and I think people have forgotten that there are people at the core of this, that there are two real people with real families that are going through it, that are losing their jobs as families are affected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what happens with memes though, right, Like we dehumanize the person that's in them, and so like at the end of the day, and look, I don't get me wrong, i don't have this deep overwhelming sympathy.
Speaker 5: I'm not like, oh God, I do think of the CEO.
Speaker 3: No I do, because yes, you've cheated and you've done the wrong thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but this imagine like this is the entire world, Like this is insane what they have received.
Speaker 1: And I think the level of cancel culture that's happened in this instance is so unparalleled, unrelenting, and definitely the crime doesn't match the punishment in this instance because the punishment goes unvetted.
Speaker 5: Right, It's not like it's not like it has an.
Speaker 1: End day, it doesn't have an expiration, and like we actually don't know what impact this is going to have on his ability to get another job down the track or her ability to ever work in HR again. Like God, the luck of it, though, but it's so unfortunate. Well, I mean, does if you're gonna have an affair, keep it private.
Speaker 6: Like don't work colleagues and public platform and go on. And also if you're gonna get on the kids camp play cool like this. The only reason in this mess is because they tried to like die for cover and lip read is like lipid.
Speaker 3: What they said. I'm not saying God, have an affair and just like own it.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 6: But there are so many people in the public eye, so many famous people, women and men, who have been caught in infidelity, who have had affairs and nothing happens because it's not so much the affair we're angry about, but it's the situation around it, and that's what this has happened. Like, yes, we're angry about the affair, but we found so much humor in the way they were caught out.
Speaker 1: I mean, I read a couple of articles about this today and this one line really stood out to me. It said, the Coldplay couple did something bad, but the Internet did something worse. Did saying bad the internet did something better. I do think though, that people feel so enraged when it comes to cheating. We've spoken about cheating before on this show, and the amount of messages that come in on DMS after those conversations because so many people have been affected by it. Rit I have something that you are going to love. Well, someone I should say cash. Unfortunately she is not money, but maybe she can bring you some money or some good fortune. You were saying recently that you wanted to get a psychic on the show, and you very much are into.
Speaker 5: Your manifestation psychics.
Speaker 1: I don't want to bundle it altogether, but I think bundle it for me because I am in you are. You are absolutely and I have probably been the one in our relationship that's been slightly more skeptical over the years, only because I've had a bum steer. Twice nour psychics have told me that I'm going to have a boy, and they've both been wrong.
Speaker 6: Let's not play it down just because the psychic is in fact in the room. You are not slightly skeptical. You've always been very skeptical.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, I think I'm coming around to it more than what I used to be. I would say in my twenties, I was very skeptical, but then there's been a few things that's happened as I've gotten older and wiser, that's kind of made me soften to it a little bit. But we do have someone very special in the room, Jessica Lynn. Now, Jessica Lynn is a psychic medium herself, but also she is the host of.
Speaker 5: The podcast Talk Spirit to Me. Jess Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Firstly, Okay, what's the difference for anyone who is unsure between a psychic and a psychic medium?
Speaker 4: Yes, so a.
Speaker 2: Psychic is somebody who is basically picking up on your energy, what's going on for you right now, what might be a potential future for you as well or as a psychic medium does that, but you also connect to your spirits, so your loved ones on the other side, your spirit team.
Speaker 6: I am interested to know how you knew you could do this. How old were you when you were I don't know. Were you getting visited by spirits? Like do you physically see them? Did they come to you as ghosts when you were younger? Or is it justs like this feeling, Like, talk me through what you experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's more of a feeling for me.
Speaker 2: So I always had a very strong intuition, like even as a young girl. I was just aware of things, I guess, and had that really strong gut feeling, and I just thought that people had the same thing, like everyone could know things and everyone was aware of things the way that I was.
Speaker 4: So I was always very open to it.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't until my Nana passed when I was twelve that I became.
Speaker 4: Very curious about the spirit world.
Speaker 2: I'm like, she cannot just be gone. It can't just be, you know, a thing that she's not here. So I started to do meditations in my teenage years, and I started going to the local crystal shop and like hanging out with like the spiritual ladies and like picking their brains and all the things. And you know, it wasn't until I was in my thirties that I started to really get into this. So now I'm where I am because I chose to sort of go down that path and dig deep.
Speaker 3: And then how does it come across to you?
Speaker 6: So do you walk into a room Sometimes maybe it's with strangers, maybe it's with people you know, and you just someone just presents themselves to you like a spirit, Like does it just come?
Speaker 3: I don't know where do you have to call it? And ask for it.
Speaker 2: I mol so have to call on it now because I've got really strong boundaries with spirit that I don't want them to be popping up when I'm trying to go to sleep and all that.
Speaker 6: Kind of of us don't have boundaries with relationships with the spirit I do.
Speaker 5: It's call on How do you learn this?
Speaker 1: It's not like something you can go to school or go to university for, like what does it look like for you? And I guess when you started to realize, Okay, maybe this is something that is different.
Speaker 5: To what other people experience, like how are you able to channel that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I actually went to other mediums who had obviously been through the process of learning themselves and I was mentaught by them. So they taught me how to blend with spirit. They taught me how to open myself up. And it's really funny when you start channeling. At the start, it's like a free for all. It's like you don't know what you're doing. You're kind of just picking up on things and it feels very clunky. But over time you build this symbology of spirits like almost like I picture it as like a keyboard in the back of my head and they're like that one, and they're like that one and that thing and that thing, and it kind of just flows from there.
Speaker 6: What is like one of the weirdest experiences you've had or mess like something that would just blow us away?
Speaker 5: So something that comes to mind.
Speaker 4: So one of the things. It was probably only like a few months ago.
Speaker 2: My father in law has passed away, and so my sister in law, who's kind of open to spirit more so now that her dad's passed, She's like, I keep dreaming of Dad, like I need you to channel himuse I.
Speaker 4: Need to know what the pali wants. And I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: So I started channeling for her and I said, all I can see is this newspaper. I'm like, he's saying, get the newspaper, get the newspaper, and there's something between you and him with the paper.
Speaker 4: I'm like, have you ever been in the paper or something?
Speaker 3: And she's like no.
Speaker 2: She goes, I'm going to ring mum and see what this newspaper's about. And it was late at night and Mum's like, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: She goes, you have to go and.
Speaker 3: Look for it.
Speaker 4: And I channeled that it was in her sewing room. There's something in the sewing room.
Speaker 2: There's a newspaper, and she goes, I'll go down and have a look, and she ended up remembering that her dad, he had bought her a newspaper on her birthday. She's bought on the twelfth of December twenty twelve because he thought it was twelve twelve twelve, which would be really cool, and he was meant to give it to her for a thirtieth birthday, but he forgot, so he left it behind the bookshelf and the mum found it and she's like, oh my god, I forgot all about this.
Speaker 4: So he died and went, oh.
Speaker 3: Not newspeople to give it to her.
Speaker 4: So it was amazing. Blew my mind, blew their minds.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had any scary experiences like you know, you hear about people who might have had, I guess an intimidating experience. Has that something that you have witnessed yourself? Or is it also something that people should even be wary of.
Speaker 4: Look, you know, it can happen.
Speaker 2: There are some souls out there that maybe are a little bit more cheeky or like to try it on.
Speaker 4: From a few base point of view.
Speaker 2: But for me, I kind of like to put up a lot of protection so that I don't really have those experiences. I have had a bit of an entity that attached itself to me, like a year or so ago, and you feel funky. You're like something's going wrong, if everything's going wrong in your life, you're having really bad luck.
Speaker 4: Everything just feels really ik.
Speaker 2: Make sure you cleanse yourself, cleanse your environment, because there just might be something that's attached itself to you, or bitter residual energy from something.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we are going to get into it after the break a bit more specifically about us. But before we do go to a break, have you felt anything from either of us since you've been in the room.
Speaker 2: I can definitely feel a lot of energy in here, So I'm sure we're going to be.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: Well, we're gonna go to a quick break and then we're gonna get into it a bit more specifically with you.
Speaker 3: After the break, it's pick up on kiss.
Speaker 6: We're joined by very special guest, Jessica Lynn, who is a psychic medium. Now we were just talking all about how she got into this, some of her experiences, but we are about to get into some more specific experiences with Laura and myself. And I can just see you just closed your eyes and your eyes were fluttering, Jess, Are you trying to take yourself somewhere now and tune into people in our lives?
Speaker 2: Definitely, So I have to alter the way that I'm thinking. And this is why sometimes it's hard for me to read in situations like this because I'm in my logical mind and now I'm in my spiritual mind. So I have to take a minute. Is there someone in particular that either one of you would like to connect with?
Speaker 3: Think I go first.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, in the last couple of years, I've had three very important people in my life pass away, my nana, my papa, and also my stepdad.
Speaker 5: So they all passed away in last few years.
Speaker 1: So my papa was probably the person I was with the closest, but he passed away the longest.
Speaker 2: To go. Okay, let me see what I can feel around the male energy around you then, because you've got two males, so let's see what I can feel for you, all right, Okay, there is definitely a male here for you. He's got quite a funny banter, like a really interesting personality, a character, that's what I'll call him.
Speaker 1: I feel like if someone's funny, it'd probably be my step dad over my granddad's probably asleep.
Speaker 3: To be honest, Yeah, more serious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wasn't really one two correct jokes.
Speaker 4: No, this guy's super funny.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna say to you, I feel like that he felt a bit robbed of time, like he felt as though his life was cut short a little bit. And he actually starts to restrict my chest. So I think that at the end of his life there may be something that affected his heart life or chest or you might have had difficulty communicating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, so my stepdad passed away.
Speaker 1: He had prostate cancer, but it was a very slow process and very Yeah, the last few weeks in hospital were.
Speaker 3: Pretty awful, he says.
Speaker 2: I don't want anyone to feel like they didn't get the chance to say goodbye to me.
Speaker 1: I think he was very much in denial that he was that sick for a long long time. Yeah, it was probably a big part of it. What about you, Britt, Is there anyone that you would Yeah, I probably have just two people that are passing my life, an uncle and a grandma.
Speaker 2: All Right, I am feeling more of the female energy for you. I can't stop thinking about baby. She keeps saying, talk about the baby, the baby, the baby. I feel like that there's a spirit baby for you on the other side that hasn't come here yet. She wants to acknowledge because she's holding that little soul for you. Do you have any children? I don't have any children. Okay, yeah, she's saying.
Speaker 4: She just said why not?
Speaker 3: Is she saying anything else about it? What else do you see around that? That's cute?
Speaker 4: All right, there's a lot of girl energy around you.
Speaker 2: I think that she thinks that you would be better as a girl mom have than anything else. And she also showed me the next couple of years, So I feel like, within the next two years, you need to decide whether this is something that you want.
Speaker 4: To do or not.
Speaker 1: What do you find is like the most common things that spirits are trying to the messages that they're trying to bring.
Speaker 4: To people, Usually it's that I'm okay.
Speaker 3: I hear that a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm fine, don't worry about me.
Speaker 2: You don't have to, you know, be living your life for me, And I think that's what we do here we're trying to make them proud. Oh I did this because they would love that that I did that, and they like to say, you live your life for you, this is your round.
Speaker 1: For anyone who has lost a loved one who maybe feels as though they're inaccessible to them, how would it be like, what is something that someone can do to feel closer to a loved one who's past Ask.
Speaker 4: Them for a sign.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think that we all sit here waiting for all the signs like and we're like, Oh, I think that's them. I hope that's them. But if you ask them for a really specific sign, like I want you to show me a red balloon, I'm telling you they will do. It.
Speaker 4: May not even be a red balloon in the sky.
Speaker 2: It could be a red balloon that's on someone's key chain in front of you at Woolly's.
Speaker 1: Well, Jess, thank you so much for joining the show and for anyone who wants to hear more or learn more. You do have your podcast Talk Spirit to Me, which you do with your wife as well. Now do both of you share the same interest in this?
Speaker 5: Do both of you? Are you both spirit mediums?
Speaker 4: Or is it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No way? My wife, Jade is complete opposite.
Speaker 2: Like she started off like skeptical as anything, and I had to.
Speaker 4: Try and work with her to make sure that she knew that I wasn't full of it.
Speaker 6: Basically, well, you can get one on one psychic mediums with just two if you like what you heard or you want to find out more.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming in today. Thank you so much for having me