Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Yesterday, we're doing a week as Claim to Fame, but we do every Wednesday, No Claim to Fame two week for us. Yesterday quite quite uneasial call. Firstly, our first ever anonymous caller, and she wanted to come on here give a name, which is totally fine and was about something that happened fifty one years ago that she's never discussed publicly, and luckily for us, she decided to give that exclusive to The christianer connell Show. And here's some of it.
Speaker 2: It's sort of jolted my memory of the weekend when I was watching the Queen's Jubilee and I saw the coronation coach and I have actually nineteen seventy one. I sat in that coach and I thought, well, that's probably something that most of your listeners probably won't believe that it is true.
Speaker 1: She was calling in just a little up over you and all of us. Actually amazing. That is about the third call we've had in two weeks where a listener has been watching TV and they see something. You imagine that come on, as coach, you've been on that. There was Mariah Carey last week, and then there was Nicole Kidman yesterday, I should have had a chits with her. Nicole Kidman. Yeah, that's a that's a all right, So we wan note today then like anonymous there, what do you think you've done that no other listener has done? People call this like a flex, but what is yours? Okay? What do you think that you've done that no other listener has done? On nine four one four one four three, every single week the best caller we get guess one thousand dollars thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. So you could be with your story the one thousand dollars carter of the week. So it might have been that you've been somewhere, You've seen something, you've held something. I'm trying to go thro all the senses now, you've licked something, you tasted something, you've extrasensory perception, you perceived something, you foreshadowed something. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. What do you think you've done that no other listener has done? You're the one and only. Come on to Wesley, Come on in Where's.
Speaker 3: Now as a guy?
Speaker 4: Christian and Sam?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. Where's what do you think you're the only person who's done something. What is it for you? Wheres?
Speaker 4: So back in South Africa, there's a trail called the Oilifants Trail and it's pretty much a forty five golometer trail that you do down the Olyphants Rubber River which is in Kruger National Park. And the one night we decided to stop next to the river, it was a rock pool that had probably thirty hippos on the left and about thirty crocodiles.
Speaker 1: On the raft four.
Speaker 4: So it's we literally and it was the hippos and crops are probably fifteen meters away from where we were.
Speaker 1: Both and they hate each Other's not the bloods and the crypts exactly.
Speaker 4: I could stand off between two gangs.
Speaker 1: And did you swim in there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So we swim, Well we didn't swim.
Speaker 1: Did you do that? The two animals want? Why you don't want to live anymore?
Speaker 4: This is one of those things that you've been walking the whole day and it was you know, probably thirty five degrees and you just want to get in the water regardless of what's around you.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever I think I can't imagine ever in that district for a little cooled down.
Speaker 4: Down. Sorry is that again?
Speaker 1: No, wells say thank you very much.
Speaker 4: For go awesome stuff.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christian, thank you.
Speaker 5: Mane Elliott, yeah him. When I was in the States in nineteen eighty five and my parents took me to my sister to Universal Studios and they said, oh, who wants to know do this and do these little things around Universal Studios. I put my hand up and said, who wants to ride on ET's bike?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah you can, And they said, okay, cool, And what's your name? It's Elliott And they said, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, you're playing Elliott. What's your name? And my mother no, no, his actual name is Elliott. So I got to ride on ET's fine in Universal Studios as as a young kid, and of course I was Elliott playing Elliott Elliott.
Speaker 1: I understand now, Elliott, correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't this one of the rides at Universal where people from all over the world have been doing it for you know, forty odd years.
Speaker 5: It's not one of the rides to say it's a fix it's a fixed thing. So what they do is they do a green screen in the background and they kind of call it. So then you can you look like you're going out on ET's mic. So it's not the actual right itself.
Speaker 1: Gotcha right, okay, but other people can do.
Speaker 5: It, Yeah, anyone can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not everyone's named Elliott. No, you're quite right that we will give you Elliott Elliott. Gotcha Elliott, Thank you very much and cool cheer. Do you know what mate?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Christian my flips is on the only Australian to ever receive a standing ovation at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool in England for the World Dance Championships because I saved a nine year old boy from drowning in the Irish Sea off North Pier.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on this. I mean he must have been a bloody awful dancer if he danced off the ballroom into the.
Speaker 7: Sea an extreme competition. You know you're dancing and watch out because when the dancer ends, you're in the sea.
Speaker 3: I was a photographer. I finished my career as a dancer. So I was down at the pier and the young fellow fell in and was drowning.
Speaker 6: So I dove in and pulled him out and see that they had nine people drown the year before.
Speaker 1: It's really rough around there. The sea is like, I mean, freezing cold. It is. This is incrediable. So what do you mean you're not standing ovation because obviously you pulled out one of the losing dancers.
Speaker 5: No, no, I went back in and one, I'm so keen.
Speaker 1: Wet in my mind, you're soaking wet with your neck on around your neck and a kid drakes over your shoulder being out fish and water people go.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I had enough time to get on get on some new clothes, and I went back in and.
Speaker 1: See the one.
Speaker 6: Actually have to wear one once.
Speaker 1: As they always a dancer, I can sell fox from great cool, Thank you very much. Mark. Is this going the way we thought it was going? I'm not sure. I'm enjoying it anywhere. I'm enjoying it anyway. Seventh, the listeners are Joel Joel Morning Career going yeah yeah, yeah, good yeah, Joel, what do you think you've done that nobody else listening has done so.
Speaker 3: I've done this hundreds of times in my life. I foreshadow this future, even my dreams, usually about three to four weeks in advance.
Speaker 1: That is quite some skill. I read about people.
Speaker 3: It's usually not. It's usually not big things. It's usually small things and news. My dream is missing bits. But when I get to the event, I see something that triggers my memory and then relapsing the whole entire dream and the things around me happen.
Speaker 1: So are you talking about sporting events.
Speaker 3: I have done a sporting event. Yeah. Yeah. When I was younger, I predicted a sporting result and I did exactly a month in advance.
Speaker 1: What was the result? What was that footy game?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I predicted an Essen in Geelong game in the early nineties, and I couldn't I couldn't put names with faces. But I picked one player kicking fourteen goals. I kicked one player kicking teen goals in the other team, and I think there's a two goal margin at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: So who who? Who was it? Like Gary Ablett?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was actually Geelong versus Essen. And then Gary Ablett kicked fourteen and Paul Salmon kicked ten on the day, I believe, and I'm pretty sure that Geelong won by fourteen points.
Speaker 1: So you saw all that and you went this looks familiar. Yeah, I've seen this before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's this is how This is a thing when I when I wake up for my dream, I can usually tell people around me I've had a dream, and I can't I can tell them parts of it. I just say, look, it was a weird dream. I don't remember it all. And then about a month later I'll look them go remember dream, I'll telling you about what we've just seen. Just happened.
Speaker 1: This is incredible. I mean, and did you go to like lab Broaks or anything to put some money on with the full shadow.
Speaker 3: I was only a young girl at the time, so yeah, no, there was no lead broke.
Speaker 1: But can you use that scale now for the rest of the season, because you and I we can make quite a bit of money on this whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can give it a crack.
Speaker 1: The shadow. I mean, Jack's racing a pig tomorrow. Could you can you go to sleep tonight and have like a foreshadowing dream about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can give it a shot. I'll have to do some corner, some kind of some kind of hypnosis before we got to sleep, because usually a month in advance.
Speaker 4: But it was.
Speaker 1: Appreciate this quick turn around, this kind of before bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some bacon, just to just to get right in the mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll do it. Yeah, all right, you con us tomorrow. Then the pig Raisers at eight so cooberl forhow with what the full Shadowings said?
Speaker 3: No worries, Well thank kid, Joe.
Speaker 1: Well that's a date A brighter note.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast