Speaker 1: I'm going to position this to the country listening now as a PSA. I'm going to take necessary to Spain, where a man has I think, come up with the world's greatest scheme to get free meals for the past twenty years. Picture this, a man by the name of Adidas j. He lives in the south of Spain and he's been going to restaurants for twenty years. He's been caught out on his scam because he has and I'll tee you what the scam is. He orders food and i will let you know. It is the Russian salad. That's his favorite. That's what he always orders at these restaurants. He pays, He goes to pay for his billy, it's his meal. He goes to the front desk to pay. At the end, chest pains kick in.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He looks at the team in the eyes and he says help, help. He has his card in one hand. He falls to the ground. He has a heart attack. He gets taken to the local hospital and he doesn't pay for his meal. And he's been doing it for years and he's finally been caught out.
Speaker 3: This is it's so ridiculous and also what a waste of time, but imagine going an emergency to get out of the bill.
Speaker 2: It says that the bill was thirty six dollars and eighty cents. The bill's not five hundred dollars. No, correct, this is this is how he got caught out.
Speaker 1: So apparently they local restaurants know and circulate Adidas Jay's photo and they all have a photo of him behind the counter because no one's ever really bothered reporting it, but now he has been because someone went, that's the fake heart attack guy. So a staff member who works there said that they recognized him, didn't believe his antics as he was, I quote, flopping around on the ground.
Speaker 3: But what happens if this is the kid that cries wolf and he's actually having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: Everyrun's like just stealing his money. Pay your bill, and he's like.
Speaker 1: Six dollars salad totally. He said he needed to go back to his hotel room to get his money. They said, no, you need to pay. He went to tap his card, then he felt well threw himself on the ground. It was very theatrical. The owner of the restaurant said they called the police instead of.
Speaker 2: An ambulance, and he was arrested. Oh my god, he's gone to jail, spending ye forty two days in jail before he fronts court every.
Speaker 3: Meal over a salad.
Speaker 1: They've backdated, They've backdated all his fake heart attacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I honestly I almost am impressed. I'm not even angry at the guy. If you have that much commitment to a cause, he should have ended up in Hollywood just ripping off restaurants.
Speaker 1: Apparently several of the local restaurants have now joined forces and they're all building a case against him. So they want him I'm not joking for a class action. They want him to be jailed for up to two years.
Speaker 2: Oh, get off that, they guy.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's good because thirteen one oh six five, When did you get away with the din and dash?
Speaker 2: Because it's always been.
Speaker 1: Something and I don't know if Britt or Lauri you've ever done this, it would give me a thrill.
Speaker 2: I've never done it, but I love to do it. An attack, Yeah, oh heart attack. I would never do that.
Speaker 3: I have never ever ever dined and dashed, And I just honestly can't believe the amount of effort this man's gone.
Speaker 2: To Ryan on thirteen one oh sixty five, did you dine and dash?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all the time, Ryan, I'm listen to.
Speaker 2: The thrill in his voice, he gets off on that.
Speaker 3: What do you mean all the time?
Speaker 4: Ryan, Of course I do. It's a bit of excitement. I remember the first time I did it. I was on a date. I went out with this girl and she barely touched the meal. She had, like one of the chips, you know, So I just left, like saved one hundred and twenty bucks. You know, I didn't go on a second day with her. But then I realized, like, there's just a there's a thrill to it, and I do it on first dates all the time. You know, it's a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: Ryan, It's not fun. It's theft. You're stealing from the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, They work that into the price, you.
Speaker 3: Know they Wait wait, I'm confused. The first time you did it, did you also bail on the date for her to pay or did you both bail?
Speaker 4: Well, we both left. It was a bit of excitement. You know, it's like a bombing experience.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my no. I kind of love that.
Speaker 3: Gangs is No, what are you taking advantage?
Speaker 2: What if it's a small business? That's struggling post COVID, and you're just going to steal them so you can get off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mostly, come on, they can handle a little bit of theft, you know.
Speaker 2: Every second. Any how many times?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How many times did you say you've done a ballpark?
Speaker 4: Honestly, probably twenty to thirty times.
Speaker 2: Oh right, that discuss. How much money do you think you've saved?
Speaker 4: Oh kidding me a mocks. I maybe a couple thousand dollars. I think at this point that's.
Speaker 2: Three months prison time. Ryan, this is terrible. We do not recommend this.