Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Dad Mountdowns and Dad Claim to Fame. Dad mount downside this one.
Speaker 2: My dad had a huge meltdown. What makes his story fun? He is he's a reformed Buddhist, constantly telling my teenage sisters and I about keeping calm and keeping himself. And then one day out in the paddicle, Walmle died on him and this thing was just ripped to pieces. The more we laughed at him ripping it apart, the worse it goad.
Speaker 1: See even Dana Lama would lose a lot. Or if he never used a whipper snipper, you know that would test any Is he informed Buddhists like he's quit the monasterym? Is that what they throw him out? Dave, We've spoken to you about these. We should never put him on gardening duties. He's a reformed Buddhist, he's given up the ways. So Dad Mountdowns and Dad Claim to Fame.
Speaker 3: I think I've got a pretty significant dead He and a couple of mates are responsible for building the first road that went all the way through to Bell's Beach.
Speaker 4: My partner's dad.
Speaker 5: He was a tailor and stars especially around Melbourne. He even made some suits for Chopper Red.
Speaker 4: My father holds the record for changing ties on a mini minor under three minutes by hand.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm just thinking my kids have got nothing. My dad plays nickelback. They've actually got nothing to say. You need to do something significant on this coming is according? All right? So this case some colls here Steve, good morning, Good morning. You got a dad claim to fame for Steve I have.
Speaker 6: We've just found out my father, who's Slovenian in background, is related to Millenia Trump.
Speaker 1: This is huge. Wow, this is amazing. And what do you mean you've just found out? You haven't breakfast this morning? It came out there's been something I've wanted to tell you for a long long time.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's I've got a cousin in Slovenia. We've been doing some research and me pops up gaz Off by the way, related to Milaenia Trump Gat.
Speaker 1: So what do you if you've done the DNA testing the ancestry.
Speaker 6: Look, I've done my own DNA testing and.
Speaker 1: Milan she rejined. You know she's got relatives in Australia. She might be she's got to fight here away from.
Speaker 6: We're having her over for a bar. You know, I might, I might try Foster's or something I don't do during So yeah, for a snack.
Speaker 3: There, you got.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's a great strong start for dag Clean to fame, Steve, thank you very much, she called me. Cheers Mike Jack, good morning, Hello Christian Jack. You got Jack Clean to fame. I'm very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I recently found out my dad tried out for some killed her in the eighties and he made it all the way through a pre season and in the final game he got cut because Tony Lockett broke his leg.
Speaker 1: Tony lock can break your dad's leg. Yeah, well no, wow, because he was so threatened by him coming on the inside track took him out.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was yeah, friendly fire type thing. He told me last year we were at this and Kilda finals game at the mc GEN. We'd had a few beers each and he said, I try to have a kid back when.
Speaker 1: Cynical here, but there suddenly there doesn't grow family trees. It kills brain cells and he gets two stories. Oh, by the way, I should have mentioned this. Yeah, so yeah, that would have gone all the way would have been a contented was that breaking my leg?
Speaker 3: He ended up playing pretty decent high level like a VFL for box Hill and stuff and a few local clubs around the area, so he did play quite well. But yeah, I guess the eighty four pre season was as bad as high as he could get before injury set in.
Speaker 1: It's a good to fame. It's a good story, all right, Jack, thank you very much for giving us a call. Now, look, Christian Connell Show podcast. That's pretty impressive. But here's your dad related to Milania Trump. This is huge. O my word. Another update from Daniel Clyde North. Give me real time updates about his progress in today. Did you make it through Daniel North? He has actually those bit movements, Christian Daniel Clyde North again. I'm now on the Monash outside Waverley Gardens, almost fifty minutes after my first communication to you this morning. I could always give you treffor reports like this if you like. No unsubscribed all right, so your way you can win. These exclusive beautiful These are American Apparel, and I've got some good news. American Apparel has return with the release of its entire product line. You know we went in there a couple of weeks ago. They said no more, Well they only had ninety percent of you, and I said, well, we'll come back when it's one hundred. They've listened to us and I mean the world. Uh and yeah, great news. American Apareo has returned with the release of its entire product line with free shipping across Australia. Okay, all right, then Steve's on the line. Now, Good morning Steve, Good morning Christian, Good morning team. How are you, Steve? So you've got a dad claim to fame.
Speaker 8: I'm doing my own claim to fame as a dead Christian because I'm representing myself here. My daughter plays basketball her first season that she ever played, first season I ever cached. We're our final winners by one point.
Speaker 1: That is strong. Start. Wow, sad to say you have to ring up about yourself, but no, this is what it is to be a dad chat You starved a validation. Yeah, you should be proud. This is amazing, dadding well known, Steve. You like the Phil Jackson. Five more rings are coming your way, Bill better check. Thanks Christian, And do you know what he's getting emotional? Though? You deserve to be Steve a games his game, My friend, I'm going to reward you with some American apparel. These beautiful Father's Day track two pants to show track sew pants are coming your way, Steve, wear them as you defend that title. Double Champ is coming your way. Okay.
Speaker 8: They will be around the basketball court every Saturday.
Speaker 1: Thank you, very very much, coach. All right, Steve, well done, buddy, asho are and what's your what's your daughter's team called?
Speaker 8: She plays for the Basin Wildcats, the Basin Wildcats. Yeah, in the East competition.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck, all right, thanks Steve. Let's go to Michelle here. Good morning, Michelle, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you going.
Speaker 1: I'm good, so you're done. What was his claim to fame or is his claim to fame?
Speaker 7: Yep, my dad's claim to fame was when Johnny Farman first started, he was Johnny Fan's drummer.
Speaker 1: Well, the original.
Speaker 7: Called the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: I was in the Mavericks. Wow. And then what happened?
Speaker 7: Oh he got Johnny ended up laving them for another band. So yeah, my dad and he's just kept going. And I did like parties and if anybody wanted a band to play, then decide and help them out.
Speaker 1: Did they ever hear from John ever? Again?
Speaker 7: No, he left them and that was it.
Speaker 1: And this is what it's going to be like when Pats leaves us. Yes, this is the podcast is to bridge out the rainbow, bridge out of here. The menopause is her, it's her bridge away from this and we'd be like that drummer. You and I would just become the Mavericks Mavericks in the Morning. Transmitting to bar mitzvahs Son a weekly don't know. I don't rub it in it enough as it is. Sounds like she's already rehearsed. What's going to happen for us? All those guys are doing it, Michelle, Thank you. Ray story. This is the Christian o'commells show podcast. We have two Halees here lined up. Both were stories about their dad and a claim to fame. So Haley number one, Good morning, Haley.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm going to welcome to the show. So tell us about dad and this claim to fame.
Speaker 5: Well, it's my grandpa. He was in the RAF and he was invited to the garden party with the Queen twice and had canceled twice due to death in the family. And then he was invited again and finally went and made the front page of the paper.
Speaker 1: So it was third time lucky for the queen.
Speaker 5: Yes, so he was in the RAF in bomber command.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, the queen really wanted your granddad to go to that garden. Ask him again for the third time, ma'am, and the queen doesn't get rejected.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, we've got the newspaper. Front page of the newspaper.
Speaker 8: It was lovely.
Speaker 1: Oh about, what a lovely memory. About an incredible mamber sound of it.
Speaker 5: He was, He was lovely all right, Haley.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, your story mate, have a good day.
Speaker 5: Thank you, bybye.
Speaker 1: I know, let's go to the other Hayles waiting for us. Haley number two, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 1: I hope you well? So tell us about your dad's claim to fame.
Speaker 4: Okay, So my dad's claim to fame was he was in the navy with the son of the author who created James Bond.
Speaker 1: So the author of James Bond is in Flemy Lemmy. Yes, wow, that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: Yes, so we get lots of stories about how James was probably based on his life and you know written about him, but it's not really right.
Speaker 1: All right, Haley, thank you very much your story. No wries that squeeze Marcus in now. Good morning, Marcus Christian. Are we all? Yeah, we're good Marcus. And you've got a claim to fame. But dad or mountdown, well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, claim to fame.
Speaker 9: But my father was a bit Mary Parkinson's. Now he was retired, but a lot of years ago he went with friends out to the Flower Drum in Melbourne for dinner and they were in their Black Statesman and he'd been injured by a cow, so he's in his suit, had a bad foot. Mum Mum pulled up to let him out with a friend and he got known either by Michael Mick and the staff at the front of the restaurant heard Mick and this black va call up and went, oh it's Mick Gaddo and they all of a sudden Mum was going to drive off to find a parking space. They removed bollards and taped off area, sealed his car in at the front of the restaurant, took him straight up to a special table and they didn't pay for a thing all night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a great a rag great case of mistaken identity.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I'm just glad it was just that not anything else.
Speaker 1: Amazing story, Marcus, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Mate, noes guys have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast