Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app. Got anything Good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Christian O'Connell, just letting you know. I've got a new book come now in a couple of weeks time. The reason why I'm giving you a heads up is you can buy it cheaper than when it comes out.
Speaker 3: It's available for pre sale.
Speaker 1: It's called Unscript, and it's all the mistakes I've basically made in thirty years of breakfast radio, so you don't have to make them in your speaking. Most of us perform some version of ourselves when we're talking, depending on the situation we're in. And the book Unscript that I've written, which comes out in four weeks time, how she finds your authentic voice. Everyone has these various blocks. Sometimes because speaking is easy, we all know how to do it, but in certain situations it gets jammed up. It might be in a meeting when he got to give an impromptu speech how to tell better stories. Some of the people have been coaching over the last couple of years, is even trying to have a courage to ask a question on a team's meeting as well. This helps you remove your speaking block so you can have more confidence in any room, in any situation, and be more of yourself. How you can find your true authentic voice. It's called down script. And right now I've done a deal with book Topia, brilliant online bookstore. If you use the code word Brightside, we call the show the bright Sila Dal. If you use the code word Brightside, you get twenty percent off and you get the chance to come in and watch the show as well, and an additional thank you for pre ordering the book because actually helps me out. Pre Orders matter booksellers, a lot of bookshops. They all see how the pre orders are going, obviously not going very well. They're not going to waste their bookshelves with your monkey book in there. So I really want to get the book out there. I love writing this book. I really hope it could help some people. So as thank you for me to you. If you do pre order the book, if you send me your receipts to Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au, you get an automatic invite for a special live YouTube show.
Speaker 3: I'm just doing for my.
Speaker 1: Pre order pals, so send me your receipt Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com today you make sure you use bright Side twenty. If you can order from book topia, you can save money. Thank you. The book is called unscript The Radical Act of Being Yourself. I already think it could help you.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's to Christian O'Connell Show. If you came a SA ware house. Good morning, Patsyny, Good morning, Rio morning. Now every Tuesday we ask you, would you say yesterday you're a Monday winner or loser? How did you start the week? Are you a Monday winner or loser? You can text us now O four seven five three one oh four three Patsy, which way.
Speaker 3: Is it for you?
Speaker 4: I'm a loser this week because we've got our daughter's fifteenth birthday.
Speaker 1: On Sunday and she turned fifteen.
Speaker 5: No, can you believe it?
Speaker 6: She's fifteen. I've got a fifteen year old in the house. It's insane.
Speaker 3: How do you and Chris phil about that?
Speaker 6: UM, I don't know.
Speaker 4: How I feel about it, to be honest, because I've spoken about this on the show before.
Speaker 1: How it goes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, don't play that sport.
Speaker 4: How it goes so fast it does feel like it's slipping through your fingers. I've got what maybe three years of her being permanently at home.
Speaker 3: You might have longer than that. You don't know what our plans.
Speaker 1: Are off and on, you know.
Speaker 4: I read something last night which brought me to tears. It was about a mother writing something about whose daughter was finally driving for the first time, and she said it was the realization of all those car trips where it was just the two of them, just those pesky school pickups or running to sport or wherever with the last time, that it would just be full time, one on one time with her. Now that she had her own car and her own independence, she said, those times were almost gone, like they'd be just maybe just a handful more.
Speaker 3: It is quite a lot suddenly.
Speaker 1: And also what does come along is now you get to be the passenger and you can still have these car trips. And I love it when if we're going for a big drive, we go do you want to drive? You drive, and you can be the passenger. And then you realize, actually, probably the passenger for most of this relationship. Anyway, what's it ever, when in the driving seat to males will just accept you've always been the passenger, dad, and so it's actually quite a nice thing.
Speaker 3: It's very empowering for them.
Speaker 1: And the more you empower your kids and feel like you can do this you don't need to be monitoring you, the more they grow and they can deal with life's challenges.
Speaker 3: Now, all the ups and downs.
Speaker 6: She's fine, it'll be used.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: She's also just she's just fifteen.
Speaker 1: I know, I've got years and that's hundreds of days and hours last.
Speaker 6: The last fifteen years gone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Patty, think of the positive side. She can also be the designated driver when you go to the pub, when you go to the restaurant.
Speaker 1: So the Silver Line hasn't worded her up on that yet.
Speaker 6: It's not silly, but anyways, or.
Speaker 1: Already having a picked Chris and Pats up for an all nighter. No kids should have to see their parents like that. Darts try and get them in the car unsubscribed.
Speaker 4: Yes, anyway, I said to my husband yesterday, Hey, we should just have a look what we've bought her. Each of us we get a one combined gift and then each of us gets us gets her little things anyway, So we both got our bags out and we bought her.
Speaker 6: Because she's a huge Billie.
Speaker 4: Eilish fan, as you know, we both bought her the same T shirt sounds Billy and Stereo. So with great minds think alike.
Speaker 3: And then what are you doing for a birthday?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: She wants a really quiet birthday this year. She wants to go shopping with a girlfriends on Sunday. So we said, we'll give you some money to do that. And I said, do you want a cake?
Speaker 3: Even that's the difference. And she doesn't want to hang out with you guys, that's no.
Speaker 6: She just wants uber eats for dinner. We said, look, you can have a trick.
Speaker 1: What do you want to do? What? Oh, there's nothing wrong, but I was just saying I can't believe she's made that choice.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, so we do how was your day yesterday? Your Monday? Winner or lose rio? Which way for you?
Speaker 1: I am a winner?
Speaker 7: So on Friday, I'm going to Grease to meet my partner Will. He's been in Urope for the last three weeks without me. I'm going to meet him over there. But unfortunately to Greece.
Speaker 1: I've never been beautiful. God, you are going to love it. It's stunning. It looks I do with the Greek islands or yeah, we're going to.
Speaker 7: Three Greek islands. We're going to Santorini, Sifnos, and Milos.
Speaker 3: They're all beautiful. Santorini is stunning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I cannot wait.
Speaker 7: But it's been a bit of a cluster because I had to move my flights, which I think you've had to do as well, because you're going through the Middle East. Now I have to go through Singapore, so I've had to cancel my initial flight. On Sunday, I call the airline on hold for an hour. They tell me it's going to be a five hundred dollars cancelation fee.
Speaker 3: That's shocking, So like, you know what.
Speaker 7: That's my only option. But I couldn't bring myself to pay it. So I was like, I'll think about it and then I'll go with you back again.
Speaker 3: What she's going to go back to system in a circle of.
Speaker 4: Hell more expensive, like the closer to when you due to fly.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: But I called again on Monday, so I called yesterday on hold again. I get through and the lady goes, okay, yes you'd like it to cancelation and a refund.
Speaker 8: You are eligible for a full refund.
Speaker 3: And I was like, the changed their policies. I have no idea what a lucky bounce.
Speaker 7: I didn't ask any questions. I was like, take and run, take it and grabbing run.
Speaker 8: So you said yep, and then straight away email full refund.
Speaker 7: So when do you ever get that back to the ball with those corsets?
Speaker 3: No, there were a nightmare. It's actually really hard.
Speaker 1: Speaking of flights organization as well, anos, they are not tooliously difficult.
Speaker 3: You are on a hold for ages.
Speaker 7: Yes, they put you through the ringery to one person, the next person, the next person sends you back. So I couldn't believe my luck yesterday I was beaming.
Speaker 1: Now tell Patsy about this ridiculous nature of how much luggage you're taking.
Speaker 3: So you're away for two weeks.
Speaker 7: For two weeks, I've packed. I've already done all my packing for the first time ever. I've never ever done that before. And I'm putting it all in a seven kilo domestic size back.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm in fred.
Speaker 1: Now past you think about that. So you're away from maybe what twelve nights, so all that change your clothes. You're gonna be sweating. It's hot out there, and you think just nowhere near are enough clothes. She needs a daytime outfit.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 1: In the evening we're going out for dinner. Are you washing underwear? How many pairs are you taking?
Speaker 7: I figured there'll be somewhere to wash stuff like there'll be the laundromat or maybe one of the places at.
Speaker 1: The local will be calling you Stinkoat, the Santorini stinkers here.
Speaker 3: You must be Australian. Did you wear that every day for the last ten days? I'm gonna be wearing nothing. I've got You got one pair of trainers.
Speaker 7: I've got only one pair of shoes. I've got expairs of undies, six pairs of socks and five T shirts.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no way.
Speaker 6: It'll be fine swimming half the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, Patsy.
Speaker 3: You could just tell that you're Australian.
Speaker 1: I've actually got I've taken at least thirty odd kilos to the UK, and I'm there for eight days.
Speaker 3: I always do, pats would there be.
Speaker 1: At least right so for those eight days, there be at least fifteen T shirts. I just can't. I can't narrow it down. I am a chronic overpacker. I've got my brist lean Yes, I've got my snow shoes, climbing ropes, cramponds, every weather planned for Aus.
Speaker 7: Well, don't you envy the freedom that I have? I would just be getting off the plane with my little backpack.
Speaker 3: How do you narrow down watch shirts and T shirts? I couldn't live like that.
Speaker 1: I'd rather take half the wardrobe. And also I never use more than ten percent of it. Yes, yeah, it's such a pain. I must get the hang of this at some point as a grown up.
Speaker 7: And you get home, you can't remember which ones are clean, which has to be washed.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I would say I'm a Monday winner. Yesterday evening intern Pete and I went out for dinner. I took them to this pub and never been to before, but I had great views online and it was a proper great family pub. You know, in the last cot of we's been on this big mission to save Aussie pubs, because there are sixty percent of Australian pubs have gone the last twenty years. I don't if you've ever been to this place? Can I reckon enough the Flying Duck? Oh? Yes, I used to live right around the corner. You're kidding Dark To Way, isn't it? Yes, right behind Pran Yes, yes, sure, I have to go down these various streets.
Speaker 3: I thought it was in a guy.
Speaker 1: Ritchie movie, but it's an incredible, proper family pub. Love. I got in there about half five and there were families having dinner in the sort of glasshouse area. And last night we happened to get there and it was State Night twenty dollars for steak and chips with some slaw. That is actually Monday Winner twenty bucks. Yes, you can't find that anywhere.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant pub.
Speaker 1: And then when I got back, though, both my daughters are back at home for this week, and so it was like being grilled because I've raised daughters. They just have so many bloody questions about everything. I just came in and went, I'm going to bed now. They were like, how old is he? I'm like, well, intern pein, I went, oh, he's in his forties. What businesses of yours? And they were like, has he got a partner? Does he want to have kids? Does he want to get married?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 1: I said to Pete, They've got so many questions. Pete's agreed to be interviewed by my daughters. I know, I said, you might regret this. So my daughter's going to interview intern Pete. Incredible because I just had to endless questions. I don't think it's appropriate for me to ask any employee of mine, even in turn Pete, it appears to have less rights. And then the other human being in radio, I said, somebody, I can't it's not appropriate.
Speaker 8: What are we thinking? Is like a podcast exclusive?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, get they get the dirt. I know kan J used to do the light detector. This will get more truth. My two daughters grilling intern.
Speaker 2: Pete, Christian O'Connell sha gone podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 1: If Rio books to a travel agent, they would have done all that work for him. No way to on hold to an airline call center or so Ria. Make sure you weigh that carry on If it's slightly over seven K, they will make you remove items at check in. And as you've got no suitcase, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 8: That's a very good point.
Speaker 1: Shuck, a pair of undies your bonds in hold. Luckily I haven't got too many undies, so it won't.
Speaker 3: Be much of a problem. Do you know what's interesting now?
Speaker 1: This is Michelle who's a personal travel manager at Morning Michelle, it's the suburb I live in. A brand new independent travel agent has opened on the high Street. And I couldn't believe it because these days, you know online people shopping for deals and stuff.
Speaker 3: That still people.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I actually still want to go and use the local service. Wondering because do you remember before the internet, this is how you booked a holiday. Yes, anywhere in the world you would go and consult brochures. Yes they would. You're sitting there looking at a foak tell of a hotel and go, looks it's got several flaws. Will stay here, and you know that's how it would be. People could organize trips around the world.
Speaker 7: And you'd walk in not knowing where in the world you even wanted to go. And have you considered Europe then you're going, yeah, maybe I'll go to Barwi.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I was actually pleased they're still going through on the independent Actually travel Shore where people wander in, because remember, then you'd have to go and give them a deposit cash. They have that old sort of gray thing they get from the drawer. Do you remember the key in petty cash and give you a receipt and then you'd have to go back and cut the avoid holiday pay the remainder of the ballots. I hope they still do it like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so stressed.
Speaker 1: All right, So yesterday and the time wasteter was Monkey movies on International Monkey Day. Some of the best songs we had, I Know what you did with the Last Banana Hunt for the Red Ass, Toba King Kong and I They're Simeon about Mary when Harry met Sally, Diary of a Chimpy Kid and the winner was Steve with Capuchin Phillips.
Speaker 3: So what have you got?
Speaker 1: Monkey Movies? Texas Shaws oh four seventy five three one oh four three best when we get you in the next ten minutes. We have a best into medal. All right, so's the time one for me? Monkey Movies, ape Ventura.
Speaker 8: Pot Very gold.
Speaker 1: Flung, Pooh Fat Panda, Rhesus of Nazareth and the baboonis gold Ala. What have you got Monkey movies.
Speaker 7: But Noobo and Clyde, Oh, Naughty Monkeys, Silver Chimp, Dependence Day.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Gold and Dude, Were's My Macaque?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good Gold as well.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing monkey movies extra time on the time waster. I want to go and see Toy Story five this week with the family, and I want to speak to people.
Speaker 3: Can anyone has anyone seen it? Can they let us know is it good?
Speaker 1: Because sadly the reviews I've read are in three reviews yesterday were really saying.
Speaker 3: It's not great.
Speaker 1: In fact, the headline for one of them, and I couldn't believe this is about such a great franchise. I hate using network, but all the Toy Story movies I think have been works of art. They're just brilliant, and so they've obviously left at a very long time between what was it the fourth one?
Speaker 3: This is four? Or five?
Speaker 1: Yes, five, and the headline was this is what happens when you beat a franchise to death.
Speaker 10: Was a bit savage for a kid's movie, isn't it. So Mu's got a real pile of with Toy Story.
Speaker 1: So there's anyone seeing it, is it good? I wanted to be good. So this one, the whole idea is the movie's moral messages. It's a declare war on digital iPads devices. Okay, So there's a new character who is basically an iPad called lily Pad.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my friend took his two seven year old twins to see it at the weekend, and on the drive home he said, Tom, who's your favorite character? And then when it both went, oh, lily Pad, and I don't think that's.
Speaker 3: The message of the movie.
Speaker 1: Not Buzz, not Woody, the iPad the enemy, and it was like lily Pad the iPad was up. We're so doomed, all right, Monkey Movies, Armor Gibbon, that is very good.
Speaker 3: John, you a Monkey Movies.
Speaker 1: Remember that outstanding chimp documentary, Chimp Empire.
Speaker 11: Oh ri ip porp Pie gone to one of TV Sad and Death Star. He was anyway, eight mile, Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 1: Forest Gibbon silver, fifty first apes gold, that's very good. Mom, a's a party. I'm sure that's an Italian surname. Throw Marmoset from The True Silver Harry Potter and the Half Blood Chimp Silver plus King Donkey Kong Gold, Many Macaque Silver, Project Harry Monkey. That's gold, very good, Project Harry Monkeys very good, Swinging in the Rain sil plus, Mandrill of Steel Silver, Lawrence of Ape Rabia Gold, Weekend at the Boonies Silver, Edward poo Flinging Hands Bronze, Grilla La Land Bronze, Apa Geddon Silver, Chitty Chitchy Oranger Tank.
Speaker 3: Alright, who is the winner?
Speaker 1: Who is winning a very exclusive Best in Show medal? The medal goes to Project Harry Monkey.
Speaker 3: Teacher Chris, You're the winner today.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I think about taking the family going to see Toy Story five, but I've read mixed reviews.
Speaker 3: Who've seen it? Did you like it? Christian?
Speaker 1: I'm twenty two and I went to see the Weekend Toy Story five is really good in my opinion, completely different approach, still amazing. It made me feel bad about my own toys.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, gone it twenty two? You gotta let it go, don't make it.
Speaker 1: I feel worse.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 1: I saw the new Toy Story movie last Friday in an adult's only screening.
Speaker 3: That's the spirit. What does that mean?
Speaker 8: I don't like the sound of No, did.
Speaker 10: You see sex Toy story adults only? It's about Chartood. Get those pesky children out of here. It's just a grinch, would you? I did that much hope.
Speaker 1: But the new one is great, lots of throwbacks to the original two and maybe cry a couple of parts.
Speaker 3: It also seems the toys in this one are very horny for some reason. Lots of adult jokes that will go way over that.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely gonna go and see it now, Hannah, thank you very much for your review. All right, big week for us on the show. So we are on the road Thursday.
Speaker 9: No sleep.
Speaker 2: To crew on the road Tawoomba.
Speaker 1: We are heading it hard Thursday night and then Friday morning we are live from the pub that has been renovated though last couple of weeks, the greatest pub in Australia, the Criterion Hotel in Hendon on Half outside.
Speaker 3: Of Brisbane, Queensland. That's the show.
Speaker 1: Friday, we are live there for the grand unveiling. Now we've had this message. This is exciting unofficial welcome from the mayor of where.
Speaker 12: Hey, Christian, It's Tandy Milligan, mayor of the Lockey Valley. I just wanted to say a huge thank you for doing what you are doing for the Criterion Hotel and a Holiden community. The pub is a key part in the heart of this town and I cannot wait to see the transformation this Friday with Shannon no Live of course, which will be the icing.
Speaker 9: On the cake.
Speaker 1: Well, she's sort's a muffler voice at the end or something secret kidnapped at the end of muffled the release our mayor. Yes, all right, so Mayor Tanya Milligan, A lovely welcome there. Please Mayor come down. This is your manner. We're in your house, so please come down Friday. How do you become How does one become a mayor? Are you voted in?
Speaker 6: Yes, you have to be elected, just run for office?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They are you voting for the council and the council votes the mayor or? Do you are you voting just straight mainlining it to the mess.
Speaker 6: Council, isn't it? So you run for office?
Speaker 1: So same, It's like, you know, we had like the you know, like big cities the mayor of because they have quite.
Speaker 3: A they have a budget.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, yes, So it's not just a sort of it's not just a title.
Speaker 3: Ceremony, a proper job.
Speaker 1: You've got those, right, it's the big cities.
Speaker 8: But yeah, not like the town crier or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's an actual they have actual powers and Responsibility's a full time job.
Speaker 1: It's quite well paid, right and.
Speaker 3: Do they have the chains as well?
Speaker 1: Now you turn up in the mayoral robes and chains because it looks incredible that pomp, you know, obviously as a as a British guy, love pomp and terminy. I hope she's going to turn up with the with that mery, the mayor robes and they get that big mister T necklace. And I'm sure there's a better name than mister T necklace. I think mister T models has looked on may Tana. I don't forget the key to the city, do you reckon? They'll give us that be awesome, Wow, the key to Hell. I mean there's only three buildings there. One of them is the pub, the other one is a police station, and the other one is that sparse store across the road.
Speaker 3: That's it and then the other big thing.
Speaker 1: So Friday, we're really doing the big unveiling for the accidental publicans that the most beautiful people, Tracy and Gary and we have live music as well with the One and Only. You say showing a pub you've got how Shannon Know is going to be singing. He's doing three songs live this Friday.
Speaker 2: Christian and Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Shannon our big guest in the Big Friday Show live from our renovated pub, the Criteria in hotel in hel in Queensland this Friday. Shannon are performing live. So we're flying up Thursday and then we're staying in a nearby town called to Woomba. If anyone has any facts about to Woomba, I'm looking for them this morning.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The Chuckle sisters have been doing some research and uh, I can tell these aren't very good.
Speaker 3: I tell you why.
Speaker 1: Rio. They just came in just now with a piece of paper that didn't even know they could even fill a piece of paper. It was like a third fall. And I went to tell you what don't you do these? And they looked at each other like, oh god, so you.
Speaker 3: Know what it's like. You know, you do your own you do your own gear.
Speaker 1: They were happy for me to do this substandard fair but that's when I said you do it. They were like, oh, god, okay, all right, all right, let's see what they've got.
Speaker 13: No sleep tell.
Speaker 1: Chuckle sisters, what can you tell us about to Woomba? Alrighty?
Speaker 14: To Womber is the second most populous inland city in Australia behind Canbra. That's very impressive. I don't know how many inland cities there are, but it's the second most.
Speaker 1: Part you'll find that inland cities isn't the category it is now.
Speaker 8: I guess.
Speaker 1: Who are they competing with? Orange Camebra?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: Let's get all this ready for the production. I want to hear that production going tomorrow. The Christian O'Connell Show is live from Australia's second most popular inland city.
Speaker 3: Next fact from Towarmer chuckle.
Speaker 15: Sisters Stephen Bradery and Sonya Krueger were born and raised.
Speaker 3: There's that is good? Okay, yeah, alrighty.
Speaker 2: The next one.
Speaker 14: It's a host of Australia's longest running floral festival, Wow Hours. It was the first warm of Carnival of Flowers that ran since nineteen fifty so it's been going for a bloody long time.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. Next to Womber, fact in eighteen ninety three. What of the show's first appendectomies were performed on a table into Wombar and she survived. That's my favorite one, the appendectory fact. This is my favorite one. All right, one more, Kaitlyn, what have you got? It's going to be as good as that appendect to be one.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 14: Womber claims the Leamington was actually created there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that.
Speaker 3: Is a big flex.
Speaker 14: No, it's a proof, but we'll stick with it.
Speaker 1: Most country towns claim that they invented the Lamington. It's hard work out who actually did.
Speaker 3: Invent the Lamington.
Speaker 1: So to Wimba claims that they invented the Lamington, they absolutely do.
Speaker 14: Tuomba claims that the Lamington was created there at.
Speaker 6: The Harlexton House.
Speaker 14: I don't know what that is, but I believe them.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can go on a little walking tour of to woman when we get there.
Speaker 2: Thursday, Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: This week the show goes on the road. We head up to Queensland on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 1: We're staying for the night into Woomba and then we're off to Heldon to do the big live pub show, the reopening and the reveal of the pub renovation for the criteria in a hotel and save our pub. So we're asking you for your recommendations. Where do we go Thursday night into Womba Christian. I say this to someone who has eaten a lot of chips over the years. Hey, listen, we all need a claim to fame. But the chicken shop Super Rooster into Womba has the best hot chips in Australia. That is a huge claim.
Speaker 7: I've heard about Super Roosters popped up on my Instagram quite a few times.
Speaker 8: Actually, I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: We should go. Well, then, let's go and samp all these famous hot chips. We got that the appendectomy story and Partisiccate and has told me it's the most haunted place in Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh really. When I asked for details there was nothing.
Speaker 8: Maybe it's the most haunted Inland City.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, maybe it's the ghost of the appendectomy victim. All right, it's right now on the show that we're doing Signs You're an adult? What have you got for a signs You're an adult? Own four seventy five three one oh four three. Perhaps you've got a great one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've started following on insta this page. It's called good Drying Day melb and there's similar sits around Australia where it tells you if it's a good day to hang out your laundry or not and the chance of doing you really.
Speaker 3: Need to be following someone on Instagram for that.
Speaker 4: We look out the window, I know, but it's brilliant and they've got they've slimmed it down to this science. So a formula for the perfect outdoor drying is one hour or more of sun plus less than seventy percent relatives'.
Speaker 3: Mat that they've worked out in each sun. They're saying to dry these.
Speaker 1: Sheets rain bad, yes, so good. Next you were telling me that snow isn't great for them.
Speaker 4: A temperature of twenty one degrees or more and eight to twelve miles per hour sustainable wind drying day in Melbourne.
Speaker 8: It's not going to be a good drying day six months exactly.
Speaker 1: So what we meant to do just stay in our stinky old bed sheets, use it dry. You know, I'm going to strip my bed and then I'll take it up on the plane. I'll go and try. You'll see me just looking for heels hoist into Wimber. They can try my yundies on.
Speaker 6: I'm not surprised. You don't take your sheep.
Speaker 4: You take everything else when you go travel thirdikilos.
Speaker 3: What's a signing you an adult?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 7: At the pub, I started talking with my mates about what are the best ergonomic office chairs?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? We were discussing, well, whatever the ones we have in the studio, these are the bottom of that survey.
Speaker 7: Well, one of my friends got a Herman Miller and which is apparently like the Rolls Royce of office chairs, and we all gathered around his phone like he bought a new Paul or something.
Speaker 1: I was so jealous. It looks beautiful. It makes them so good. I have no idea.
Speaker 8: It's just like on tour defining materials.
Speaker 1: It just it looks very well.
Speaker 3: Do you think makes a good office chair? Do you want a head ross?
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no?
Speaker 3: Do you what about the tilt function?
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you're in When I'm in tilt mode, I'm in think mode, you know, and I need to be I can't be upright to think. It's like a spirit level. Just need to move the liquid a bit and needs going to hang on. Let me think about that tilts thinking upright, present my findings right.
Speaker 8: That's why during the songs you're.
Speaker 1: Always I have to manually tilt myself. It'd be better if this chair would it, but it doesn't. These are awful. It's kind of like a stall sort of thing, like a boy band would sit on when they're doing the slow songs. And then the main one suddenly stands up from this stool like a stall high chair. Yes, that is spot And also eight years have been on this chair, I'm yet to find a comfortable position. No, if you ever look at videos of the show, you'll see me constantly shifting by watching because they're so uncomfortable. Just now I've decided we are now actively in the market for new show chairs. Yes, Herman Miller. It sounds like Herman Miller is a bit of coinage. Two k if what I don't think a character is that for an office shell, We're never getting that this place. These have actually got like slash marks, like someone's attacked them with a knife. Your one is disgusted. Is there's holes in it, the actual moth holes or I don't know whether presenters here Tony or Hi go biteing the show.
Speaker 10: I don't know what goes on, but it's it's like actual slash marks.
Speaker 1: Yes, huge stains.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is revolting.
Speaker 1: If only we knew someone who was married to someone that worked had a big office, national chain office.
Speaker 3: Well, so help me, do they do Herman Miller's.
Speaker 8: Aunt is your partner?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: We won't have a two K chair in our house.
Speaker 1: That is insane.
Speaker 6: Two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So off the first show, we fly up to to Womba.
Speaker 1: We're staying there for night and then we're doing the big live pub show Shannon not performing live, the grand reowning of the Criterion Hotel. Early on this one of the Chuckle sisters were giving us some too Womba facts and they dropped a pretty big one that Sonya So, Sonya Krueger and who was there?
Speaker 3: Was it Bradbury?
Speaker 8: Stephen Bradbury.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've just had this message from Sonya Kruger or is it spelt here k r uh Er?
Speaker 15: Hey, Christian, it's Sonya Krueger here. And when you get to Towoomba, make sure you rug up. I was born there and it can get really cold. It's also a great place for snuggling up, getting some hot food and hanging out with the locals because they're the best. And honestly, the number of people I know who work in television and we're born into Woomba, it's quite freaky. I think we're all related.
Speaker 3: That actually, who is it?
Speaker 1: Ai? The way that was edited sounded really strange. How I had to snuggle up with you all into woman? Yeah yeah, And just to know that we're in a place where so many greats.
Speaker 3: Of TV come e g. Krouger. Oh because she maybe instead of.
Speaker 1: Save our pub your next campaign could be save your chairs. Because you know you're an adult. When signs your it up for me is tonight, I'll be using well this afternoon the slow cooker. Anytime I get to use my slow cooker, it excites me. I don't know why. It's just because it's easy. You throw it all in, you go, you cook it.
Speaker 3: No, how about you.
Speaker 1: Too, Sully sat here your big everything.
Speaker 3: I love using the slow cooker. But one of the worst says of trying and clean afterwards.
Speaker 8: And you got to take it yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's signing out out buying a slow cooker. The other one is you suddenly find that you actually have strong opinions on what kind of kitchen scourry you're going to use. Are you going to go scrub Daddy or good old? And I'm more on the side of Chucks. That dish one, the dish one, that's what I use, the heavy duty one anti leak.
Speaker 7: Now I've got a new one, a new innovation in the world of kitchen scouring.
Speaker 3: Not needed Chucks. I'm a Chucks guy. I will be to the day I die.
Speaker 7: But the problem with Chucks, and this is what the problem that this new scourer solves, is that your you use really searing hot water like I do.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, your hand when you use a chuck, your hand gets really hot.
Speaker 3: How for that hand?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're doing at the moment, that is what you're doing someone else with that scour.
Speaker 7: This scour has a little knob on the top, So protect your hand like an octopus.
Speaker 3: So you put your hand on your generation. Now, got weak hands.
Speaker 1: You have the softest hands I ever city. Yeah, that's right, because I look after them. Maybe a little bit of hand moister after the show. And also I need to have soft hands. To get tactile with the faders here of course. Sorry sorry, these are the hands of a man who works on the tools on radio faders, buttons, headphones. That's it, really, it's a very shortlist, save as a shortlist of great people that have come out of to one month. Sonny Krueger, I just Michelle Laurie. Also, oh wow, how she is a broadcasting engine Christian forget about your overpriced Hermamella dal Brands are an Aussie based manufacturer of ergonomic office chairs.
Speaker 3: We can sort you out, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Chasman Christian signs you're an adult canceling dinner plans because you have dinner already in the fridge. Now remember what mom moment when she said the same thing whenever we want to take away, Oh I.
Speaker 3: Just cooked tonight.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're an adult, when you have to work out dinners for the family for three hundred and sixty five days of the year. It's the bit you never think about when you're a kid and you can't wait to be a corona. You never ever think the utter hell of the dreaded Oh my god, there's nothing in the fridge.
Speaker 3: What we're doing for dinner?
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 1: I can't get a takeaway on Monday. Christian signs you an adult. You have to scrape the last bred out of every single container, like butt Marjorie and jamut Centua before throwing away.
Speaker 9: I do that.
Speaker 1: They're rinching getting a knife in there to get it all out.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Of the Weekend.
Speaker 1: Pats's husband Chris to love God put his foot through the ceiling. Pats was making him put Christmas trees into the crawl space.
Speaker 4: Yes, plawing the garage out, upper guys into the garage, out of mind, out of sight.
Speaker 1: So we're looking for your stories of falling can be falling through, falling in, falling out, falling on, falling on I forgot that one. You seem very keen. It's the second day you push that one. What are you hoping for? You know, yesterday you were getting way too excited about a monkey lap dance.
Speaker 3: No, no, no one.
Speaker 1: Now today it's people falling on you.
Speaker 3: You can fall on any sort of anybody, but you're watching.
Speaker 8: Yeah, at least let me watch.
Speaker 3: Okay, Inter's got a story.
Speaker 5: That is a king for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, mine is so embarrassing.
Speaker 5: It still haunts me to this day at the end of the day, because it was about I'm going to say eleven twelve years ago, I was flowing to Dubai with Dubai Tourism.
Speaker 8: So it was a big.
Speaker 1: Special event, the Color JACKIEO Show. Yeah, correct, right.
Speaker 5: So we're there to be whined and dined and we were going to have this experience where they just really wanted to showcase Dubai of what they were right now, and that was a really big thing for they were targeting the Australian and all that sort of stuff. Now, I was sort of brought over there to sort of keep everyone together and make sure that we do the right things.
Speaker 3: And I was briefed in on things and you.
Speaker 1: Can so suddenly you're the cultural ambassador from Carl and JACKIEO.
Speaker 3: As you say that in my head, yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something went wrong? What do you fall into prison or.
Speaker 5: Well no, not quite, not quite. But what I was briefed on, as you know, being gay over there. I'll say, oh, there's things you can and card do and all that sort of stuff, and being gay was one of them as well. So I was told to shut up about that. But look, things have changed. I'm getting sidetracked. What I want to explain is there was an opportunity where they were going to bring and they did bring a Dubai prince to us to come and meet and greet. And I'm saying to everyone, as I would in any situation, and.
Speaker 1: You've got your own kind of bogan prince Carl himself right, They.
Speaker 5: Were bringing this prince over and I said, guys, please, for the love of God. The head of tourism was literally like, Peter, please make sure everyone behaves. I know you guys are a bit naughty sometimes and things get a bit crazy, but this is not a time to be silly. I was like, I have got this, So I say to everyone. I'm saying, guys, just stand there, say nothing, but obviously answer the questions, behave yourself, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: And as he's walking up with the head of.
Speaker 5: Dubai Tourism, literally I took one step forward to go and shake hands, I stepped right.
Speaker 3: Into a coy pon. I had fallen straight in front of the prince.
Speaker 5: Literally there, and I'm standing in this coy pon now and I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing probably very expensive coy as well, you can't be trampling those, you can't be gay, and you certainly cannot be trampling KOI. You just need to imagine Steve Carell on the office. This is literally what happened to me. And I basically I thought, well, I need to commit to shake the hand.
Speaker 3: So I shook his hand from the pond.
Speaker 1: From the pond, Just commit to the move, Just style your way out of it.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't want to unsettle anyone else by getting water. Everyone was like, when we're done, I'll get out of it. As they were all talking, I was slowly getting in and out. It was just so embarrassing, this falling over story. But I just I've always wanted to tell that, and there it is, is, finally out there in the open.
Speaker 1: All right, if you've got a story like Pete's, then we're looking for your stories of falling and of course you got your own personal want of falling onto.
Speaker 11: Yes, please please please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your falling stories. Good morning. Question.
Speaker 1: My sister lives in Toowomba. I've just spoken to her. She said, to tell you you've got to all go to the cube. Thursday, Night restaurant. It's very nice. Thank you very much for recommendations. Uh ebracushion backstory. Our deck wasn't finished. You can almost guess what's happening here. Deck isn't finished. I'll get Benny Ready. Benny's Ready. Had a railing but nothing in between the rails, and the floor was high off the ground. Our neighbors were having drinks at our house, and my husband leaned backwards and went through the railing. My neighbor asks, where's your husband gone? As he suddenly got up off the ground and casually walks up the steps. Luckily he'd had a few drinks. It didn't hurt himself. And our grass is so lush and like a speaking carpet. That is great luck. All right, we've got some stories here, Allison.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Allison. Tell us your falling story.
Speaker 9: So, at the age of fourteen, I was at an abseiling event and I was four and a half stories up and then the next minute I'm falling. My hair ended up getting caught in the freegre of eight and I landed and ended up with two broken arms all the way past my elbow, having to yell for mum.
Speaker 2: Feel for everything.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, what a dramatic story.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously not lucky you fell and you wrote your arms, but that could have been so much worse.
Speaker 3: Four stories.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I was lucky that my hair actually got caught in the figure of eight, which curled me up into a ball. So I landed evenly with my head, my bum and my hands and luckily just broke my two arms.
Speaker 1: You're so chipper about it, Amison, who was in charge of the ab scene in that day.
Speaker 3: That is shocking.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, safety, I meagines didn't really work, but you know it was a learning curve and I'm okay, and I'm here to tell a story to you.
Speaker 1: So obviously, so you boat both your arms? Yes, right, you're fourteen? How then are you feeding yourself? What's happening?
Speaker 9: So it was cool, Mum. I had to get longer spoons. I had to get help with everything.
Speaker 1: Where where'd you get longer cut the from hospitals there extendable spoons.
Speaker 9: I don't know, you were just there.
Speaker 8: Maybe your mum takes like a fork to a fork. I spooned to.
Speaker 1: Yes, several nights together, a telescopic nights.
Speaker 9: About six weeks. They cut one down so that it was below the elbow so that I could I could move it luxury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alison, great story. Thank you very much for calling him.
Speaker 9: I have a good day, Love you work, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Aristin morning, Matt, Hello, Hello Matt. So you fell through the garden shed.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I was fifteen.
Speaker 1: My my nan had bought a place that needed some Renaud's and she called us there to help us out. Oh yeah, you can get a fifteen year old kid, don't you. That's who cool to give a red over. They love those old older generation. They love a little bit of a kiddy labor, don't they see there's ricky old wood. Yeah, we can't shove them up the chimneys anymore. We can show them on a garden shed roof. Do the renault. That's it up on the old wooden garden shed roof. As I got up, I said to Dad, this thing's creaking.
Speaker 11: It's going to fall down.
Speaker 1: Mama made us pull the nails. And as I pulled the nails, the roof bell the walls fell.
Speaker 16: Papa smoke everywhere, And to this day it's the funniest thing.
Speaker 1: They all swear they've been the scene.
Speaker 3: We should do a phone in tomorrow with famous last words.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many of us have got a story where.
Speaker 1: Someone said something or go should be right? The next thing, you're falling through air and then there's a puff of smoke, and then I bet you Nanda's word, what's up with you?
Speaker 3: Your silk?
Speaker 1: Get up? She said, well, that's that done and walked away. Matt, I'm going to send you a two hundred and fifty dollars chemist warehouse voucher.
Speaker 3: Brilliant story. Thanks, guys, thank you very much. Have a good day, Mat, have a great day.
Speaker 15: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Carol, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Carolod morning guys.
Speaker 3: Now Carol, what happened to you?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 13: Do I have a story for Rio? I actually fell on someone?
Speaker 1: Oh, here we get someone's getting excited.
Speaker 3: He loves a crushing story. Crusher.
Speaker 13: Well, I was on a long, long train ride, just visiting friends. Got on and I sleep like a beauty trainers chatters with total strangers. Next minute I know, I've been waking up by the stranger beside me on his lap, where I dribbled because I was snoring and so relaxed, very.
Speaker 1: Comfortable, very relaxed, spooning a stranger I.
Speaker 13: Know, and unfortunately he was so kind. He actually suggested that we go out for on a date.
Speaker 10: readA this is a gentleman, great mood.
Speaker 13: Well I did.
Speaker 3: Who said chivalry was dead?
Speaker 1: It would be a human pillow for you, sweet princess.
Speaker 13: I did actually have to turn him down, sadly that I did compliment him for such a comfortable lap in letting me se, no, that makes you.
Speaker 1: Still screening these green Carol. You really cheered them up. You cheered them all of us up. Carol, that's a fantastic story. We send your prize.
Speaker 13: Oh wonderful. Thank you very much, Thank.
Speaker 3: You very much.
Speaker 1: And Carol, can I just ask what has been happening whilst we've been having this conversation. Are you going upstairs on a treatment or wrestling with somebody?
Speaker 13: Am I sounding like a dirty phone call? Am I walking the dog as I'm parked?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Physical activits you're going on in the background?
Speaker 13: Do you apologize?
Speaker 1: It added a bit of energy to the whole conversation, in tune with the topic.
Speaker 3: It was perfect.
Speaker 1: You were reenacting it beautifully there, Carol, enjoy your dog walk.
Speaker 3: Thanks for calling you.
Speaker 2: By Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, we're still looking for your falling stories. Time Waste is coming up in a couple of minutes. Time, Christian, I cannot wait for you guys to get back from your break to hear Rio's story of falling asleep in someone else's lap on his flight to Greece. Christian, a younger princess ruf Rufo was helping me fix the sky out my garage. He fell through the skylight and landed on the back car window of my car underneath it, smashing that as well. This guy is attached to photo here there is what can on inscribe as an ass shape in a car window of a tesla. It's literally like the shape of someone's backside. It must have gone through falling through the skylight and then it's a double falling through and then through a window of the window of a tesla.
Speaker 3: Incredible story. We got Shelley here.
Speaker 1: Good morning Shelly, Good morning Christian and all the crew and now perfect You don't need to learn their names. And Shelley Rio, we got we.
Speaker 14: Got one of them.
Speaker 1: Two hour three is good now, Shelley, I understand you've got a great still about falling that involves the cactus.
Speaker 16: Yes it does, so okay, I'm getting on in years now. So this happened when I was almost five and we're at my grandmother's house and she had an outdoor dunny. My mother was very busy with the other younger children, and I had to go to the toilet on my own, now outdoor dunnies, there was no little kiddy's toilet seas in those days. Unbeknownst to any of us, our grandmother had decided this cactus was too dangerous to having a pot anymore, and she threw the whole thing down the outdoor Duney. I was little, and my bum lid down into the toilet onto the stead dangerous plastics, where it trickled my bum and as my knickers were still around my knees, as I ran out screaming, I also fell over on the gravel path.
Speaker 1: I had to go.
Speaker 3: Yes, Selly, what a story.
Speaker 13: Oh it was old.
Speaker 16: I hate cactus plants never.
Speaker 3: I don't like them either. They're just violent things, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Cactus plants where they're small or the bigger ones as well.
Speaker 3: And also this is the second story.
Speaker 1: You've had a run of great stories like your Shelley involving being at NaN's place.
Speaker 13: Oh dangerous.
Speaker 1: They're honestly the Ohs that they never had a Nan always NaN's.
Speaker 3: It's not even Grandad, it's the NaNs.
Speaker 1: They just don't seem to care about sort of safety and stuff like those are cactus in the dummy crazy.
Speaker 13: She never liked me anyway, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Of it, so she shared a trap for you.
Speaker 1: And it's such a young age to dislike teacher.
Speaker 3: A lesson that is brutal.
Speaker 1: All right, Shelley, great story, but send your price.
Speaker 3: Thanks to calling.
Speaker 16: Have a good day, Thank you you too, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning Tim, Christian. I was fighting mates in cabin school camp in year seven. I was pushed and fell through a glass window middle of winter, Dandenong rangers. The teachers did not bother to fix that window. Different time, Different time. Already were starting to put through some top upsides. Tomorrow's show, Dangerous NaNs.
Speaker 3: Fifty.
Speaker 1: We've had nothing but great stories today about falling, but half of them involved being around a NaN's place, who is very kind of lass fair about health and safety. Tomorrow's show, Dangerous NaNs and your stories, and of course famous last words. But right now the time waste half regrants are the best of them, churning down the time waste. We have a fuel voucher. Today's time waste change a letter, change of bands. Cranky goes to Hollywood, none DMC wrapping nuns. What about Wu tang Fland. They love to reconize that Frankie goes to Bollywood. Another frankly one. There too many Muttley Crewe. What's it's more less mine the system of a gown a different band. All of a sudden, now B fifty two's suddenly they're going to chemists warehouse. They're looking after their BA vitamin levels. The B twelves come on a one five house gold.
Speaker 3: Who's that point? Is notorious p I G.
Speaker 8: Gold?
Speaker 3: What have you got rica?
Speaker 7: Guns and roses there they actually informed in the Old Testament times.
Speaker 3: That's good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 8: Guns and moso, Wow, thank you for leaving.
Speaker 3: That's a tasty one.
Speaker 7: That is he's the British are a polite people are oh we are we are well, that's why they're not the police.
Speaker 1: They're the polite.
Speaker 3: That was barely worth it.
Speaker 1: Stumbling you fell into that one because he fell out of comedy.
Speaker 7: You know what, Beastie boys love their B twelve as well. They love theirs.
Speaker 3: Might be twelves.
Speaker 1: They're the yeasty ball.
Speaker 3: Oh that's better. Okay, Yeah, that's gold muse.
Speaker 8: Very loud band, but when they're quiet, they're mute.
Speaker 1: And one more.
Speaker 3: No one asked for No one asked for more.
Speaker 1: Bullet for my Valentine.
Speaker 8: Wow, very aggressive reference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, core artist here on gold.
Speaker 1: There are they formed in Penrith mullet for my Valentine. That's it, say to the end with the gold there all right? Change a letter, change a band. That's today's time waster.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell's show. Thank you very much, so many time. Why stay pouring in? Change a letter, change a band for the best in shot. This sworn to be giving you a fuel voucher. Nathan Hows, David Yowie, completely different artist. I'll tick donkeys, just one letter, compete different band.
Speaker 3: Parl Hamil you are forty.
Speaker 1: Stephen, well done, Fozzy Osborne, Gold World done. Brad nine inch nails. That is very good work there, Elliot Dean with nine inch nails. Change a letter, change a band, Mondo sock, silver Eagles become bagels, silver Green Dad Gold, screaming pets instead of screaming jets, silver class public. Excuse me, Gold, Christian. I just want to continue the vitamin B thing. Please do RhE and I've had a lot of fun with it today h.
Speaker 3: B two instead of you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gold, Cindy Pauper. That's incredible.
Speaker 8: That's also goldflass.
Speaker 1: Well done, Scott McPherson for Cindy Pauper. Ugly kid ho oh this garden hoe.
Speaker 3: Buns. You'll find the whole aisle.
Speaker 1: Silver powder ginger, gold flash lets to change your man.
Speaker 3: That's great. Powdered Ginger, David. That's great.
Speaker 1: Great name for a tribute act, isn't it as well to powder finger powdered Ginger Van Morrison's lessener and sister Val Morrison phil vaal Yeah, Weezer Geezer, Hey gazer Hi Gezer, silver plas and men without cats Silva.
Speaker 3: All right, who is the winner today?
Speaker 1: Who gets the fiel Voucher nine inh Nils nine in is Nils has to be Scott Maphis and your today's winner.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We will have your stories of coincon Chance on Wednesday, What are the Odds? Also, dangerous NaNs and famous last words.
Speaker 3: We're back tomorrow. Thank you very much for joining.
Speaker 2: Us Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Here to Chemist Warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store, every day