Speaker 1: Laura and come on, here.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 3: We're on. We certainly are. Yeah, hump day.
Speaker 4: I love a good hump day.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Do you know why I love it?
Speaker 2: I'm catching up to speed on the thing I love the most in the world at this time of year, and that is married at first sight.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, didn't it do?
Speaker 5: Have you seen the rating stats for the new season of Maps in the first two episodes at two point four million viewers in Australia.
Speaker 2: It's honestly a cultural phenomena because like no other TV show within Australia gets that many views. I feel like it's, you know, because most people are watching things on catch up these days, but to get that many views across two nights in a row is insanity.
Speaker 3: It's because it's.
Speaker 4: So far fetched, like these the things that go down between these people and the way they act like there is always, without doubt, excuse my French, a misogynistic pig on every single series of Maths, and that's why people watch because they're in disbelief.
Speaker 3: Well, Britt, I know that you.
Speaker 2: I know you don't watch it, and I know you're not across it, but you are going to hate There's this guy Jack. He's thirty four years old. He is basically the Harrison Boone of this series. Harrison last year was that alpha male that ever Bryce?
Speaker 1: Remember Bryce?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Bryce wasn't that bad. Each year they get worse. So this guy, I reckon he tops it and like he is the worst of the misogynistic men that they've had on so far. So he said that he wants a respectfully submissive partner. That's what that was his criteria for his wife, respectfully submissive. And then he told one of the other grooms that he should put a muzzle in his wife. Like he is disgusting, and it makes you question that where do they even find these people? What hole was this man lurking in?
Speaker 4: What a loser? I think they go on to Facebook marketplace to find them.
Speaker 1: I think the bar should be for men. Paul Meska, you guys know Paul mescal from normal people.
Speaker 4: Oh he's such shit dream boat, Mitch. You love him as much as I do, don't you.
Speaker 5: He's so charming and he's actually revealed his biggest ick, like his biggest turnoff with dating. And I think it's something that everyone listening does. I know you, Laura for a fact, do it. Oh yeah, yeah, we'll talk about that. Don't be so dishearted.
Speaker 3: Well it's not married at first sight, thank god.
Speaker 1: No, true all.
Speaker 5: I'll see what that is next here at the pick up Paul Mescal Ladies, I say that, you guys swoon, the nation melts. We love him is the Irish actor. He's very handsome, he was in Normal People.
Speaker 1: We know who he is.
Speaker 3: He's such a hoty. Yeah he really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People thirst over him, and even more so now because he's revealed his biggest ix when it comes to dating, and it is like a turnoff or something that your partner does or your new partner that makes you think we're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to. I can't. I'm instantly turned off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have listened to what he said.
Speaker 4: You know what gives me more of it because I think we all do it.
Speaker 2: Is like if you're like, I'm just gonna go to turn off the lights and there'll be an old chill and then you hear them accelerate scared.
Speaker 3: Because I think we'd all do it.
Speaker 4: But I think if I was trying to impress some like smoothly walk dealing with them.
Speaker 1: It's so real.
Speaker 3: But everyone does this.
Speaker 2: I feel like it doesn't matter how old you are, it doesn't matter where you are at in life. Once you turn the lights off downstairs and you're in the dark, everyone wants to get out of the dark. He's even just said that he does it, so he cks himself. How's he ever going to find a lover?
Speaker 5: It's like, because there's a monster behind you. Every time, he's always there's a killer. The killer is behind you.
Speaker 2: It's like, as as soon as you've instantly turned the lights off, someone's trying to get into your house, so you've got to go upstairs and hard in your well lit bedroom.
Speaker 1: Well, you're married, Laura, and then Britt, you're basically married. Do you guys have X?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I have loads of igs. I've got like a lot of mainstream mix that I think everyone has. Like for me, if people look at themselves too long in the mirror.
Speaker 3: Like if I catch someone looking at themselves.
Speaker 4: In the mirror and like prepping themselves up for the day, so like talking to themselves like you've got this like the power of projectivity, that to me, I'd be like, it's an immediate out.
Speaker 1: I think that just comes from dating a footballer. And a sportsman.
Speaker 3: No, my boyfriend band does not do that. Ew oh, sorry, I don't think most people like they themselves up in the mirror.
Speaker 2: But like my like my husband, he will walk past and like flex or look at himself, just like to make sure that everything's in there.
Speaker 3: And I'm okay with it. I don't think that's an ick.
Speaker 2: My thing is, if you ever see it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter they're good looking, bad looking, whatever, But if having an umbrella when it's raining, but then when that umbrella pops inside out and then.
Speaker 3: They're in the rain and they're trying to pull the umbrella down.
Speaker 2: Over themselves again, it's unfortunate, but it is unattractive.
Speaker 3: That's what that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, romance dead, Oh, Melinda's called I'm thirteen one of sixty five high Milinda.
Speaker 1: Do you want to add an eke of your own?
Speaker 6: Of course I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: My ick is my husband keeps from picking his toes.
Speaker 1: Oh, like where the mean he.
Speaker 7: Gets he gets his big toe and he scrapes on the back of his heel of the other four eww, And it's just so annoying.
Speaker 3: So is he is he actually.
Speaker 4: Like scraping the dead skin? Off his other foot with his big toe, like a Jurassic Park kind of thing.
Speaker 7: I think there's no dead skin. He deliberately does it every time I'm watching the show, because we go and get a pedicure all the time.
Speaker 1: A break, he's got to saw a plane of fasciata's. It's just stretchy. It's a man thing. We got strong toes. You know we're going to walk on these men. Give us a break.
Speaker 4: I'm finishing this with baby talk. If you talk to me like I'm one to three years old, I voit in my mouth probably also like a child.
Speaker 1: I actually don't mind baby talk.
Speaker 4: You're the first person that's actually said I'm okay with baby talk. Tell me how your baby talk baby talk to me?
Speaker 5: Noby No, that's oh, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Good Michi, which loves you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm not on play school. I don't have jemimah on exactly.
Speaker 5: You have a bad day, let's go to a break.
Speaker 1: I'm off myself, have to go.
Speaker 3: After the break. I have a test for you. Guys.
Speaker 4: Haven't told you about this, but I've always had a bit of an inkling that one of you or both of you are a psychopath, and I now have a test to know for sure which one of you it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm clearly offended by this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what would give you this inkling, and I'm guessing if you mentioned I don't.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll work it out next to the pickup Mitch and Laura.
Speaker 4: You know how there's always that one question you have in life that you think about all the time, but you can never really get to the bottom of it, you know what I'm talking about. So for me, it's am I a psychopath? That's the question on my lips? And is anyone in my life a psychopath? Because I want to make sure I'm not associating with these kinds of people? And until this moment, Laura don't really ask at me. Until this moment, I haven't been able to figure out who in my life is a big Craig Cray.
Speaker 3: But there's this new quiz.
Speaker 4: Going viral online that has grabbed my attention. There has been a new study that links foods with personality traits that are linked to psychopath So I have this quiz here right now because I have a feeling one of you is on this spectrum.
Speaker 2: I like that you had said you had to figure it out for all of us, but also you want to figure it out for yourself at the same time, Like someone here's a psychopath and it could be me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to weed out you guys, but conveniently also myself.
Speaker 3: I low key did the quiz myself. Yes, I can't say I've ever been worried about this.
Speaker 1: If there's two people.
Speaker 5: In the world that aren't sociopaths, I think it's you and I, Laura. We're very level headed. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to get to.
Speaker 4: The bottom of it right now. So what this is is, like I said, it's just different foods. I'm going to ask you which one you'd prefer. You both get to answer. There's no right or wrong. There's just psychopath or not psychopath. I'll tell you at the end how it lines up.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, I'm sweating and I'll.
Speaker 3: Stab you if I get it wrong. I mean sorry, I mean I'm ready anyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, black coffee or chai late chai late black coffee, coffee too strong, too bitter.
Speaker 1: I want my coffee to be bitter. I want it to work out.
Speaker 3: I don't go straight through me really. Yeah, you're killing people and I need to know where I'm going to go. Tu eactly kill people, to kill people, exactly. Thank Okay, you're out for a drink. You're at the bar.
Speaker 4: You order a gin and tonic or an amaretto.
Speaker 3: Sour emetto sour g We are not the same person. I'm all about a gin tonic?
Speaker 5: Is this just a gay test to see whether black coffee is.
Speaker 1: The result of this?
Speaker 5: Is that mixture?
Speaker 3: You are, in fact gay? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay, So, Mitch, you've moved on to the next gay bar. Do you order a Negroni or a light gi Martini and a Groni?
Speaker 1: And I'm a Negroni too?
Speaker 3: Okay, love my spirit. Okay. Last question.
Speaker 4: What I can tell you right now is, oh my god, you're actually a dead tie at the moment for psychopath You're dead tie.
Speaker 3: So whoever this is the decider?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Dark chocolate like this is dessert time now you've had your dinner? Dark chocolate or fudge?
Speaker 3: Oh neither. Really.
Speaker 2: I'll go fudge if I have to, but I'm not I'm not a big fan of either.
Speaker 1: Now I'm breaking off a piece of old gold.
Speaker 3: Akay, Mitch, you want. You want the score.
Speaker 1: You want the yeah yeah, hit us go.
Speaker 4: Okay on the psychopathic level that is related to food from a study that is currently going viral.
Speaker 3: Laura, you scored at two. That seems pretty good.
Speaker 1: What does that mean out of what yeah, one might know.
Speaker 4: Mitch, you scored are three. You are the psychopath. You are most likely out of the three of us to be a psychopath.
Speaker 3: I mean, what does it mean though? What are you going to do to usk?
Speaker 2: Because I think you're quite nice, You're quite cuddly, you're quite predictable.
Speaker 1: Taking this quiz for Bible. She asked me what drinks.
Speaker 4: I'd think that's what he wants you to think. He wants you to think he's approachable and cuddle.
Speaker 3: You're never hanging out with my kids again.
Speaker 1: I'm not gaslighting either of you.
Speaker 2: I would never.
Speaker 3: Wait stritt.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell us what the score is out of Let you pull me out of one hundred, we could be very low. Two ou of three seemed pretty row maliciously laughing psychopath.
Speaker 3: It's only out of four, three out of four.
Speaker 2: I think the most likely to be the psychopath is the person giving the test. Look within your own home every time that's what a psychopath would say.
Speaker 5: The calls coming from inside the house. All right, Next on the show, we have a very exciting guest we do.
Speaker 2: We have the MP Georgie Purcell, who is joining us now. She was criticizing Channel nine for a very unfortunate photoshop. You guys might have seen it. It's been going viral, which they did without her consent, and we're going to chat to her next.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Georgie joins us after this we get your traffic on the air. Don't forget school zones in place, guys.
Speaker 2: Now, everyone, you might have seen this in the news recently, So Victorian MP Georgie Purcell. She has been working, I mean she works for lobbying to end duck shooting in Victoria. She's an animal activist. But she's made it into the news for some very unusual reasons. Now, there was a feature on Channel nine which had her in the feature, and you know all the good work that she's doing. But the thing that spiked Georgie's attention wasn't so much the feature.
Speaker 3: It was the picture that they used of.
Speaker 2: Her, which had been artificially enhanced or photoshop to say the least. Now it's actually wild when you look at the original photo versus the photo that was used in this promotion side by side, because they've cropped in like a They've put her into like a crop top. Yeah, they've artificially enhanced her breasts in.
Speaker 3: This as well.
Speaker 2: Channel nine have and Georgia came out and spoke about it on her own socials as well. But we actually have her on the line because I would love to get to the bottom of how this has even happened.
Speaker 1: Hi, Georgie, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 6: This is crazy, good mate, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: I was so ausy, Hi Georgie, how are you well?
Speaker 6: I'd been a crazy forty eight hours to say the least.
Speaker 4: Georgie, how do you feel when you look at this and you're like, Wow, looks like I've been in Bali Forouhi've got bit of a tan, got my crop top out. It looks like I've got some conjuring on my face. Did you recognize it before anyone else or did somebody else send this to you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I did recognize it straight away for a pretty unique reason. My whole stomach is actually tattooed, and I definitely don't have tigerbats. So I pulled up the original and I had a look and I was like, well, I'm actually in a dress in the original, not even a crop top, because like I do wear crop tops, but I certainly wasn't in the image that they used. And then that, of course, side by side, I'll also noticed that they've given me a boob job as well. On top of everything else.
Speaker 3: They're just like giving you a bit more volume, haven't they.
Speaker 2: This is wild to me though, because when you look at these two images side by side, the left of it looks like maybe you've applied for married at first sight, like it doesn't look like the picture of someone who's a member of parliament. And also, I mean the things that the articles are saying. They're saying that you've lashed out at Channel nine, that you were furious about this. But I was just reading your posts and it said I endured a lot yesterday, but having my body an outfit photoshop by a media outlet was not on my bingo card. Note the enlarged boobs and outfit to be made more revealing.
Speaker 3: Can't imagine this happening to a male MP.
Speaker 2: What gives I wouldn't really call that lashing out would you.
Speaker 7: No, certainly not.
Speaker 6: And I think it's a good example of the way that female politicians are often portrayed to be hysterical and emotionally. I was just highlighting them very clear. I guess sexism and misogyny that's rife within our political systems where we would have treated differently, and this is just another really bizarre example of it.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, this is, in a weird way, the best promotion ever for n duck shooting in Victoria.
Speaker 1: I mean, do we need to end duck shooting? His sheds some light on that, Georgie.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Look, so the reason that I said I had a terrible day at work was that I've actually been really working hard on that campaign. I've been on it for ten years now as a Duck rescuer before I entered Parliament, and it was looking like we were going to get there, and then the government rejected it, even though they were recommended to do so by their own inquiry. And so I was watching the wrap up of the day because I was doing so much media, and that's when it appeared on the news. And you know, of course nine have blamed artificially intelligence or photoshop errors to this, but I think in the end of the day, we need to ask why they didn't pick up on it anyway, because in the image your feet, I'm actually pictured next to our female premier here in Victoria, and I'm pretty sure that if it spat out a picture of hair in a crop top, they.
Speaker 3: Would have noticed, Georgie.
Speaker 4: It's such rubbish that they are trying to blame this on AI, like we didn't know it automatically did that. Ali, There is no way that it automatically does that. It might automatically like change the different sizing of a picture if it has to fit something else, but it doesn't give you a crop top and contour your face like absolutely does not. Has nine Has nine said anything to you?
Speaker 6: Yes, they did reach out to me and apologize, and you know, I'm not convinced on the reasoning for it, but I've accepted their apology because they have handled it sufficiently, sufficiently in every other way in my opinion. But something that I wasn't expecting was actually for Adobe to then enter the chat and say their excuse is not possible. So they've come out and said wow, right.
Speaker 1: As well own as a photoshop have come out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can only imagine it must be pretty disappointed because of what it does is like it almost works to discredit you and to like make you look like, oh, you know, here's a silly lady. She's wearing a crop top and she's, you know, like fighter for the ducks. It just really undermines what it is that you've achieved. And also it undermines, you know, your intelligence. It makes it about something that's completely not what it's about. And I think that that's a really crappy thing to have to deal with.
Speaker 4: But also a crop top doesn't change your intelligence. Like it's twenty twenty four. When are we going to realize.
Speaker 6: That that's absolutely right. I'm sort of known for being a different politician. I'm pushing boundaries because I want to make politics more accessible and visible for young people because they don't see ourselves in our political systems. But that doesn't give media outlets right to alter my body when I don't consent to it.
Speaker 5: And you know what, I'm looking at this photo channel and I'm put up, there's ducks in the background, and they've actually photoshopped a rack on one of these ducks, and that's horrific.
Speaker 1: Looking zoom in one of these ducks. They've given ducks boobs.
Speaker 2: I thought one of them was a plane and I was like, that's really poor photoshopped channel.
Speaker 3: We're just doing the graphic designer.
Speaker 5: Channel nine needs to go well and duck shooting in Victoria and lovely to meet your Georgie Purcell.
Speaker 1: Really really sorry this happened to you, but thanks for coming on the pickup.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much for having me on.
Speaker 3: Thanks Georgie, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For Georgie story. Isn't that insane?
Speaker 3: Wild?
Speaker 1: All right, let's get out of here.
Speaker 5: If you missed any of the show we were talking about Paul Mescal I mean heartthro his biggest ix have been revealed.
Speaker 4: Smoke show, Your biggest icks have been revealed?
Speaker 1: Mitch. Yes, true, I'm sociopath.
Speaker 3: No, I think you are the ick.
Speaker 2: That's what we established at the back of that break, wasn't it's all on the podcast?
Speaker 1: Do you want to catch up on any of that?
Speaker 3: It was it on your podcast?
Speaker 2: People, get okay, you can go and catch I love you.
Speaker 3: It's Mitchie b.
Speaker 5: That makes no sense to anyone. Then you have to go and listen to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Will have audio.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: They'll give you some baby talk as well so yeah,