Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Rate Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello guys, and welcome back to the potty. It is Georgie your host. Lawyer, tant entrepreneur, mom, wife, business owner, all the things. This is going to change every time, but we love it. Hello and welcome to a new episode.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: I just want to say a bloody big thank you for the love and support to us officially coming back you guys. Love the new branding and love the new schedule. We have an episode every Tuesday and Friday. Now we are back in your ears. And also, are you guys loving the ebook? So if you didn't hear, we put out a free mini ebook that matches the first episode we did all about a life refresh, So if you guys want to download that, I'll put a link in the show notes. Otherwise there is a link in the Instagram bio. But basically it's just a free ebook and it's a seven day reset, So we're currently on day two when this episode goes live, but you can just do it in your own time. Day one was all about getting honest of like where you currently are, where you feel like you need the life reset, and day two we're getting really clear on the aspects of where you need the life reset, and I've given you some journal prompts, some challenges, and if you are doing it with us, come join the Facebook group because everyone's having a good old chat and vibe in there. It's just the Rise and Conquer podcast community. And yet you can download the ebook and actually do it anytime, so if you're listening to this episode at a later date, it should still be available. Just go to the link in the show notes. And it was just something that I wanted to give you guys, because as you know, I've gone through a huge life transition with Ivy Girl. I'm a new mum and it's the middle of the year and i just feel like we've all lost a bit of motivation, you know, a bit of our spark, and so I just wanted to give you, guys something tangible that you can do that hopefully reignites your spark and makes you feel a bit bloody spash because you are.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys.
Speaker 1: So before we get into the episode today, we are talking about romanticizing your life. It's a bit of a fun one and we get into, you know, this whole concept of that girl. I'm sure you've seen that girl content on TikTok and Instagram. It's everywhere, and I'm going to tell you how to romanticize your life and you'll hear from my team from a tea. It's super fun. But before we get into that, a little life update. My week has been good. If you guys follow me along on Instagram, you would know that Ivy girl is. Oh see, I feel so bad complaining because Ivy has been sleeping through the night twelve hours seven till like seven pm till seven am since she was twelve weeks old. And I know that is a true blessing, So like, I don't like to complain too much, but recently, like probably the last three weeks, she's been doing this thing where she'll go to bed and then she'll wake up after one sleep cycle, so forty five minutes, and then it just takes her hours to get back to bed. So she's kind of going to bed at like nine pm, which I know it's not late. I don't mean to complain, but it's just it's it's a lot. When I work all day and then I get home around two thirty three, Tim goes to Jim, you know, he needs a break after looking after Ivy all day. So I'm with Ivy all afternoon, which I love, adore.
Speaker 2: It's our time.
Speaker 1: I do the bed bath, you know, the last feed, put her to bed, kisses, cuddles, love. But it's like then we me and Tim would have dinner, we would have some time together, and then i'd have like an hour or two, like you know, literally just an hour of the day for me. For the last three weeks, we haven't been getting that. Me and Tim don't get to have dinner together because it's like one person's going up and comforting her, the other person's eating vice versa. And you finally get to bed at nine pm and you've just had like no time for yourself, which I know what that's parenthood.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it. It's just exhausting. And I think because we were so used to her sleeping the twelve hours, I'm just like a little bit in shock. So that's still happening, and I'm a bit drained, but still, you know, it's still fine. My parents actually came over last night and they looked after Ivy. They're actually my parents live on a boat, if you guys don't know, and they teas looking at me like they do. Yeah, they do a teer. So they live in a boat and they sail for half the year, so they're actually about to go off sailing for the year. So they just wanted to spend some time with Ivy. So they looked after Ivy last night and meantim went on a date night. We went to Etsu, my favorite Japanese restaurant on the Gold Coast. It's so fab I love raw food, so I love like wagou and kingfish and oysters and they do all that stuff and so that was yummy. I did have a glass of sham okay, I had two glasses of champagne. Champagne is like you'll hear in this episode. I love like champagne. Sparkling water, like it's it's my vibe. And honestly, I woke up this morning with like not a hangover, but like I've got a headache, and I texted to your I'm like, do you have any Baroka? And it's just kind of sad to me that I'm to the point of my life where I have two glasses of champagne and I wake up with a headache. But that's fine, and also I'm kind of I'm not mad at myself. But before having that champagne, I hadn't drunk in a couple months, and I was almost doing like the sober curious thing. But I was like, you know, I love champagne. I'll have a glass and look, it's just it wasn't worth it. So I don't know what's happened, guys, because before Ivy, I could drink everyone under the table. It was like a talent. And I just can't drink like I used to do, so I have to accept that. So apologies if I'm a little bit rusty in this episode. But it's a goodie. So let's get into it. The romance of becoming. Let's romance the fuck out of our lives. End our mornings and our art. Let's say yes to the romance, but not the romance we were brought up to believe in the romance of ourselves, the romance of living, the romance of the way we move and the way we dress and the way we see ourselves, the romance of cafes and the romance of becoming, the romance of all the people we are yet to meet, and all the ways we are yet.
Speaker 2: To try on.
Speaker 1: Let's romance our lives, because when we romance ourselves, we fall for ourselves too, Brook Solace.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, today we are chatting romanticizing the fuck out of our lives. That was the most beautiful quote. I had to read it to you, guys, because we saw it on Instagram and we had already decided to do this podcast about romanticizing your life, and it just we were like, oh my god, this is perfect. Thank you Jamie for finding that one. So today, guys, let's chat romanticizing our lives. So, if you have social media.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing you do.
Speaker 1: If you listen to this podcast, especially like TikTok, or you enjoy watching reels on Instagram, you would notice the algorithm is really pushing these ten to thirty second videos of that girl. I actually have an episode on that girl, which I will link the show notes because it's all about how to be that girl and how to have magnetic energy, and it's a good it's one of our most downloaded episodes. But basically that content is really being pushed and honestly, like they're doing very mundane things, but it just looks fucking cool, Like it looks like they have their life together, like they're you know, a girl who and if you don't know what I'm talking about, So basically, she wakes up, she makes her coffee in this like really cute cup. You know, there's usually a bunch of flowers somewhere, She puts on cute activewear, meditates journals. You feel like she's got her life together and you feel like she's a bit fab and let's be honest, like you want to be her, Like if you haven't got your life together, you watch one of those and you're like, oh my god, I need to get my life together. And it just looks like she's, yeah, really loving life. She's honestly doing the most fundane things, but it just looks like she has a great life and then also the reals that I'm loving too, is like that you can do both where they're doing super you know, like hashtag health things like going a gym, having green juice coffee, and then they're also like eating pizza and having margueriteaters and dancing with their friends. Love those as well. And basically, and this is going to depend on like what sort of content you're consuming, but I literally love this content because it's all about celebrating like the small moments in your life and like romanticizing your life. And like I said, they're like super mundane things, but they just look really cool, and I think this is something we should all be doing to It's almost like.
Speaker 2: A life hack.
Speaker 1: It's a life hack to get more joy in our day, more joy in the way we do things. But then also something with that content is I guarantee you a lot of you know, the people creating that content behind the screens, like we don't know if they actually are romanticizing their life or they're just creating that sort of content. And so today I want to chat about romanticizing your life but doing it in a real way. So if you're a little bit confused about how like what romanticizing your life is. I'm going to give some examples of me, and I think for me, romanticizing your life is really about enjoying the process, not the end result. So I talk a lot about this thing of like how I love the work and how I love what I do, and I really got to a point in my life where I love the actual working for the goals, not actually the goal at the end. And I think a lot of people have it the other way, where they don't enjoy the becoming, they don't enjoy the process, but they're like, you know, they're waiting for the goal. And so I'm such a big believer in let's actually enjoy working for the goal and enjoy that stage and then obviously enjoy the goal at the end as well, because of course, but how what I'm talking about, like a great example of my life is you know, before Ivy, if you have me on Instagram, me and Tim used to always do this thing where we would do Sunday beach coffee. So every single Sunday we would wake up. We would never plan something on a Sunday morning because we knew it was our time together. It was a ritual and we used to wake up. We used to go to our favorite coffee shop, grab a coffee, go sit on the beach, and we would always talk about like big life issues. And even though I was such a busy person, I always knew like Sunday mornings were for us. And we had this Sunday ritual. And if you actually look about like look at it, like you know, having a coffee on the beach, Yes, beautiful, but it's just like a very normal thing. But because we created such this like beautiful ritual around it, it felt so special to us. And for instance, before Ivy, again, like I used to have this very slow morning routine most days where I would you know, get up and I would meditate and I would journal and I pull cards and it was like this whole big thing of getting into my day and it's like I would really relish in the small moments of that morning routine. Obviously I don't do that now because I have a baby. But like an example now of romanticizing my life is every single Thursday, instead of rushing to work, actually I'm still rushing to work, let's be honest. I go to my favorite coffee shop. I grab an ice latte, two pieces of Ava and Toe and every Thursday. I guys, I love the Shameless podcast. I live for some celebrity gossip. I know that's kind of random, because like it's almost on those days where I'm like, I just can't learn anything today, I just can't do self development. I need some like, yeah, I need some you know, celebrity gossip. And so a little tradition I now have because this is all I can kind of fit in is getting my coffee and AVO and putting on the Shameless podcast and driving to work again. You might like listen to that and just be like cool that that could be me every day. But I've really romanticized that where it means something to me and it feels really good to me, and it almost like elevates me and I have like you know, fitted into my schedule and it really brings me joy. So I would say, like romanticizing your life is just knowing what brings you joy, knowing what lights you are, fitting it in in small aspects of your day. A tear it like, would you what would you say romanticizing your life is to you?
Speaker 3: I'd say it's probably very similar just finding the small moment and making a bigger deal of them kind of thing. Yes, So it's it's not just getting a coffee with a friend. It's it's like getting a coffee, going for a walk, just enjoying the morning and being present. And I think it's it's less about doing these crazy special amazing having the longest morning routine, but just enjoying what you do have and appreciating it and just realizing how beautiful it actually is. And everyone can do that pretty easily. You just have to close your eyes and like think about it kind of thing.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. I'm with you. Also, something else I love doing, and it's so simple is like I have this thing when it's raining because outside my house, even though we live on like this really busy straight and it fucking kills me. I put my AirPods in. I put like.
Speaker 2: It'd be like two cars an hour.
Speaker 1: What are you trying to say about me, a tia. You're trying to say I'm a princess or something.
Speaker 2: So rude.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this after the podcast. Well, we all know how a tea feels about me.
Speaker 4: So you're just a very relaxed person. So you're probably just likes a car. It's busy. No, I am no, it's actually a maze and we like it's like fully busy. It's fully busy. And also there's a construction site near us, so it's like fucking big trucks and they're like.
Speaker 1: Screechy brains, so loud, so loud. Anyway, So I have this thing about raining, and so I love going outside and our back deck like looks at these trees over the road and then these beautiful big trees and like I just like looking at them in the rain with wind, and I'll put my AirPods in and I will like do that and just like have my journal and might write some stuff. But that's like the most simplest thing. But it's like I love it, like it just like you know, brings me so much joy, and it's yeah, and it's something so simple. And that's honestly something I've been doing since having Ivy, because priestly it would be like going to the beach or like doing something a bit more advance, but now I've had to simplify it. But again, it is so fine, and I like have I guess swapped my mindset too, fine, so much joy in that moment. I think that's what a tear was saying, like fine, joy in the smaller moments and when you can be happy and grateful in those smaller moments, like that's where the magic is. And also like another thing, like how I romanticize my life personally is you guys probably have seen on social media. Yeah, like the NHH warehouse has really been curated to be a place where I want to come to work. I hope, I hope my employees want to come to work, and we have created it, you know, like my office specifically, it's pink, it's got plants. It has been you know, curated a certain way to make me feel good. And honestly, when I sit in there, like I feel like a boss. Like it's created that way, and I feel like a huge thing is making sure like your space you're in feels good. So you know, I'm really big of like cleaning up your room, Like I honestly do it once a week, let's be honest, But like on a Sunday, I will kind of clean up the room. I will tie the tidy the house, reset it for the next week so I can have those feelings and not feel like I'm you know, having to clean up during the week because I just don't have the time. But it's a about creating the environment.
Speaker 3: And on that a thing I've noticed as well is that when you create the right environment, you will attract the right people.
Speaker 2: To your environment.
Speaker 3: So just the office as an example, it's beautiful, Like you come in here and you feel relaxed and refreshed, and I would guarantee that people are a lot more productive because of it. And if your space is clutted and it's messy, or it's chaotic and things just aren't as aesthetic, then it makes it harder to get those people that will work super, super hard. And it's so easy, and especially in an office, to like get the k Mar chair and the Ikea desk and just do the bare minimum so that people can function. And it's an office space, but you guys have gone above and beyond here and thanks to m yes, they got all the pretty things, but it makes such a big difference. And sometimes even though it's like a pretty thing, it makes a huge difference to what you output in that space. Like if you spend a little bit of extra money on your bedroom or doing up your office at home, you're probably going to feel a lot nicer working in it, and you're going to be more productive and you're going to enjoy your work more and appreciate those smaller moments. It's almost as if by spending the money or spending the time creating the correct environment, you're allowing yourself to be able to sort of have that aesthetic, beautiful, romantic feeling all the time in that environment. And if you don't place the priority on that, then your environment's just going to be normal and you're going to work normal.
Speaker 1: Well that's even a great example of when this episode goes out, guys, it's on the Tuesday, and on the Sunday was NH's third birthday. And if you go on my profile and go on a real you'll see like the very first office week and it's literally like a Bunning's table. The chair is like broken and it has like you know the express post sticky tape like literally.
Speaker 5: Like use that to like like like and that's because like go on that post, guys and have a look, and then you look at their office now and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, holy shit, and it's like they've come far far, but you know, like we had to do the bare minimum. But that's something I spoke to Cooper about when we moved into this new warehouse. I was like, look, I know it's gonna cost a bit of extra money, but trust me when I say, if I come into the office and I want to be here, I will create magic and I will you know, stay extra hours, and you know the people who work here who will do that. And it's not about making how employees stay extra but it's about creating an environment, like a tea says, where you feel productive and you feel creative. And I I think also like noting on that it doesn't have to be about spending their money because there's so many places now like Kmart has the most beautiful, pretty things. Oh my god, and I can't walk in there anymore. I know, I just spend so much money they get me good. And even like Amazon, and you know, for example, it could be so simple as like buying a cute glass from Amazon that you put your ice latte in. Oh my god, guys. So the other day story here. The other day, I treated myself and I bought myself a prider bag for Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: We Love, We Love.
Speaker 1: I'd been eyeing it off and I was like, well, actually the story was Tim is like I bought your Mother's Day present, and I was like, so cute. And then I came home one day and Peter Alexander had sent me a gifting parcel of like some pajamas and I was like, oh my god, big, because pajamas is like my thing, specially matching pajamas with Ivy and that's what they sent me for Mother's Day. And then like I looked at him and he's like I literally just went and books and it's like it took him like hours because he had to like drive to pack Fair. It's so cute, I know, and he was like so upset and he's like, I bought you the matching high mask. And so anyway, we decided Saturday we would go take the pajamas back and then I would pick something. Obviously, pa pajamas are not at the level as a parata bag.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we got there. Just the parallel. Yeah, Peter like Vanda and.
Speaker 1: Prada Bill love that for me, and you know, I treated myself. Anyway, they were doing this random. It's like so random for like a high end place to do this, but they were giving out a free gift of like a glass tumbler with a straw. I'll have to show you a tr I think they'll put it on Instagram. Yeah, we'll put it on Instagram. And so it was free and of course, like a Pride of bag is very expensive. But I put my coffee in it the other day and I was like, I'm because it has Prita on the front. I was like, I am, I'm like fucking devil wears Prata right now, Like I am, so I'm that girl. I am so posh like this is it was a vibe. It was a vibe and it was a free tumbler. But that's what I mean, like, even if it's something as small as a you know, a posh you know, I love the word posh. A posh you know, like glass and you put it next to your computer and you have a clean desk and you have a certain journal used to journal and you're not just like doing it off random bits of paper. Another thing that I love doing that I would say romanticizes my life is sparkling water. So a tear can't have anything.
Speaker 2: I literally cannot handle anything.
Speaker 1: Fussy guys said, she vomits if she has anything fizzy, which is like outrageous and we're gonna make you do this right challenge.
Speaker 2: One day, I.
Speaker 1: Will vomit on the offense of a quick I honestly don't believe you, so I need to see it. This is like harassment. But like sitting next to me is you know those how would you pronounce this otia.
Speaker 3: Pearl greeno s pearl GREENO?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I feel like we all know that sparkling water. It's like the one they use in the fashion shoots. Super fancy green, super fancy green bottle. But if I want to like create a vibe, especially at my desk or even a restaurant, and it's like I don't want to order a drink, I'll order sparkling water. And it's like it still makes me feel like a certain sort of way, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Use what you know, the cordial.
Speaker 3: Stop the break fits one that looks so fancy.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, she's getting up. We honestly we need to have like you guys, being able to see what we're doing. Oh guys. We also we've started filming our episodes, So come to the Instagram Rising Conquered Dot podcasts to see some videos of us oh yes, I do. Mum used to buy that for us. Love love yeah, fancy body, yeah, and then you can just put it in a cute fancy glass.
Speaker 2: I love and like.
Speaker 1: Also something else I do is like you guys know, my like rid or dive beauty product is from Ecotan in its Glory Oil quick plug. My coat is GS twenty. If you want twenty percent off, that's just amou So I do work for them, but just give me the coat if you want it. And honestly, it is like the most luxury sort of feeling when I put that on my face, and I always I do it in a certain way, like I put it on and then like I push my cheeks back and it's like this whole experience. And something else I do too is like I moisturize my whole body. That doesn't happen all the time now because of IVY, but like when I get a chance to moisturize my whole like whole body, that's fine. That's a romanticizing like, oh my god, I love myself so much, MANA moisturize my body?
Speaker 2: Why are you laughing? And also feel like I should be more.
Speaker 1: I tear it's honestly, the best feeling I do.
Speaker 2: Just like my elbows and my knees and my hands, I.
Speaker 1: Can that's not fucking anat girl vibe a tear that girl vibe that's like a I'm not girl vibe. Oh my god, too much. And also, guys, if you're a mom and you like, I just need some you know, self care time. I used to wait till Ivy was asleep, and then like I'd get halfway through my shower and she'd wake up, and it was a whole big thing. I don't do that now. What I actually do is I wait for her playtime in her awake window, and I put down a mat with all her toys in my bedroom and then she can usually like occupy herself, and then I will go and have the shower and do the things, and she's just playing so I can see her. So that's all mama hack anyway. So I got off on a tangent there, but basically it's just relishing in the small moments. Like you, guys, I'm sure you can understand what it is here. Also, if we're talking about romanticizing your life, it's also like we've gone over the aesthetically pleasing things that make us feel a certain sort of way. And guys, it's all about finding what suits you. So for example, a tears like you know, moisturizing her body, her whole body like is not the vibe it is for me, It isn't for her. But you have to find what works for you. Don't just like copy what we're saying. You've got to really get into the crux of like what feels good for you, but also you know, getting into the inner sort of side of being that girl. It's it's the way you show up. So for example, if practices like meditation or journaling or just you know, being present in the moment makes you feel mindful, then later in the day in a situation, you don't react straight away and you can kind of show up as the person you are. That is also part of it, because it's putting in you know, those practices that I would say are romanticizing your life and like making you feel a certain way that then help you show up in a certain way. And I'm sure we all have a vision of how we want to show up and who we want to be. Like for me, it is someone it's I want to be patient for ivy. I want to be kind to Tim. I want to be productive for my team, And so the little practices I do in the mornings, like meditation or journaling or just being mindful of my car ride, maybe I turn off the podcast and I just actually be present in the moment. I know, those, you know, contribute to how I then show up. And I think also, like, you know, if we're talking about that girl, you can just tell she respects herself, respects her time, She sets boundaries like she's got it, she's got it all going on in the self development par department.
Speaker 3: And I feel like that girl is just never phased, no ever, like something can go completely wrong and she's like, oh good, got it back up, or like.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is is what it IS's go to what we know inside joke one hundred percent. And so that's for instance. And I don't know, like because I don't want to be like the whole aesthetically pleasing side of things, but again it's how you feel about it. So for instance, you know, today I knew I was recording, so I put makeup on, and I like dressed. I wouldn't say I look that cute, but like, you know, I got dressed out of not like I'm not an active way, which I usually am, and I just put like a little bit more effort into my appearance because I know it makes me feel a certain way. Again, I know that's the patriarchy and that's a whole other story, but.
Speaker 2: It does let us know.
Speaker 1: If you guys on an episode of that, well, look, I know there's issues there, but I'm just being real with you. And on the days that I do do that, I can show up and I can kind of feel a certain way. So, for instance, I'll notice such a big difference on the days that I romanticize my life and I put like I relish in the small moments, and you know, I put effort into showing up as the person I want to be compared to when I'm not.
Speaker 3: I think hearing you say that as well, I feel like it's about slowing down. That that girl is never phased. She takes things as they come, but she's also not rushing ever.
Speaker 2: But everywhere all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm I can't relate.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it might even be as simple as just slowing down and like cut sometimes it might mean cutting things out so that you can enjoy everything instead of running around all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's also I think I spoke about this in the first episode back. But it's not about ticking things off a list. It's how you feel. So you need to have the autonomy of, like, you know, what can I do that is going to make me feel that way rather than Oh, I have to do this, this and this to you know, be that girl or whatever. So also, this is like a little mindset hack something I think about and I feel like this is a little bit off topic, but something in regards to the mindset of like romanticizing your life is really this like little hack that I'll do. And I want you you guys to think back to a period of your life just you know, any day that's something really great happened. So you know, maybe you found out that you got your dream job, or you know, the job you were playing for, or you got into the Uni degree. Maybe you found out you were pregnant, like that was one of the happiest days of my life. Or you've got the dream house. You know, you're moving to the place you want to move to, maybe you're moving in with your partner. Maybe you've won something like off an Instagram giveaway or something. So they think back to that day and something about that day is it started like any other ordinary day and then something extraordinary happened and it gave you that feeling. And something that I'll do that really romanticizes my life is I'll go into the day thinking something amazing is going to happen today, and how like don't you think how different your day would be if you were going into it going something amazing is going to happen, Like my life is like a movie.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And it's like I just write it down just then because it's like it's looking for the magic or like the movie the mundane things. Yes, it's like it's raining, Oh don't get irritated, go outside and dance in it. If you're like rug up, yeah, or rug up, stay inside, get thee yeah yeah. And if if you walk through a puddle, don't be like my day's ruined. I have wet socks. Now, just pull your shoes off and walk around barefoot, like oh.
Speaker 2: My god, don't do.
Speaker 1: In the office. Yeah, one hundred percent. And like it's just it's that feeling of like oh my god, yeah, like I'm in a movie like magic, Like I expect great things to happen, and you know, of course I was going to put some manifesting in this episode, but that's the whole thing of life attracts. Like, imagine what you would attract into your life if you lived every day like that, compared to if you lived every day like, oh it's raining, Oh this has happened. Oh it's just an ordinary day. No, guys, we are extraordinary exactly.
Speaker 3: And I think even on that, like it's the best thing in your life could happen to you, and I guarantee there's still a way to find something wrong with it.
Speaker 2: Like you could get approved for a.
Speaker 3: House and you could just be like, yeah, it's nice, but it's not the one that I wanted. You could get approved, you could get a great car, and you could be like, Yep, it's nice, but it doesn't have the right colortion that.
Speaker 1: I paid too much money for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead of just looking at it and being like, whoa, I've achieved this amazing thing and it might not be exactly right, but this is great and this is the first step, and it's going to happen again and again and again.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I think that's a trap that we can't fall into and it's about romanticizing your life and being like, holy shit, this is you know, this could be the day that everything or I expect amazing things to happen and how amazing would our lives be? And I fall into the trap too of being in that mindset. But if we can just be conscious of it and try and yes, switch switch our thinking to that like so magical love love. So in conclusion, guys, you know you can You can buy aesthetically pleasing things that make you feel a certain way, a noe, powder of coffee. It can literally be that small and simple, or it could be making something a ritual. At the end of the episode, I will put in some snippets because we went into the end h office and we asked the and Hah girls, like how do they romanticize their lives? And they were all such small rituals, but they were so beautiful. So you'll hear that at the end. So it doesn't have to be anything crazy and you don't actually have to go buy things. It's just about what is meaningful to you. Also, can I just touch on something Maybe it's not that you like, you know, pretty things or things to look in a certain way. Maybe it's just like you like your environment clean or whatever it is. You've got to find what kind of like tickles your fancy and go off that. So that's obviously like some tangible stuff and that's amazing, but it wouldn't be an R and C episode if we didn't get into like the mindset and like the self development behind this. Because again, if we're doing all these things and we're buying the pretty things and we're doing the rituals, but they're actually not you know what lights us up. We haven't done the inner work and we haven't really you know, dived deep into why we might be feeling a certain way, why we feel like we can't show up as that girl. Then these tangible things are not going to work. We need to do the inner work first, and then that is going to shine outwards. So the biggest thing with romanticizing your life is you can't just copy what I've said. You need to find what works for you, what actually feels good for you. But you also need to get into a place where you love yourself wholeheartily enough to believe you are worthy of these small moments of joy. You're worthy of enjoying the process of enjoying every day, because I believe there would be so many people who don't romanticize their life because they just think they're not worthy of the beautiful life. They're not worthy enjoying, you know, those small moments or buying the cute stationary and those things are not going to fix anything. If it's like it's just going to be basically a band aid if you haven't done the inner work and if you haven't kind of really dived deep into why you don't feel worthy of romanticizing your life. So I know that like knowing you're worthy is like that's a that's a huge thing. Like that's that's something you could work with a therapist with, like I know I did for years. I saw a psychologist and a lot of my issues and trauma was about worthiness. So we're not going to like get deep into that. And that's obviously something we go deeper in in the project, my seven week self development and manifesting course. But I want you to just think about it, because if you haven't been romanticizing your life and you kind of just like you can't vibe what we're talking about, is this, you know, a worthiness issue, and like, ask yourself these questions, So, what do I like to do? Can you add more of that into your life? How can you relish in the becoming? How can you bring main character energy to your every day?
Speaker 3: I think also after you ask yourself what you like to do, ask yourself what you like in what you do already? If that makes sense. So like, if you're making a coffee and that's not your favorite thing to do, what do you particularly like about making your coffee? Do you like playing music? Do you like taking a cute little video? Do you like just find the smaller things that you enjoy doing in everything you do, as well as adding more of what you enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yes, But that's even that's a great point of to here because maybe it is that of if you're like, oh, like I don't really enjoy anything, it's like, well, when you make your coffee, can you put your favorite song on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can that's your thing? Yeah? And that's your thing. For me, I went through this phase where I used to have my coffee just like a latte, like nothing in it, and I just did not enjoy it. I was like, this tastes like shit, and I have it every single day and so then I started adding vanilla and I was like a vanilla life changed. And ice vanilla latte on oat milk life changing. And I know it's a bit of extra sugar, but I love it.
Speaker 2: Do you mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: A small trade off for the joy and I'm always gonna pick it sometimes. I even added sugar to it. A tear is like.
Speaker 2: Really living here, I am with like five cheesecakes. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: A tea was telling me how she doesn't drink coffee because she has to have it really sweet, and she said.
Speaker 2: I didn't know half strength coffee was a thief.
Speaker 1: She didn't know half strength coffee was her thing. So she used to get a normal coffee and then get five pumps of caramel. And then I was like, essentially took two months of going to the same cafe evers did it? Finally say did you just want to try my past strength and tuopops of caramel?
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's a thing.
Speaker 1: But also you tried my vanilla and I latte the other day, which has one pump of vanilla, I'm sure, and you were like this is great. So I think you were going to a shit cafe. I'm I can't say the name. Yeah, we won't say the name. But those are the questions I want you to ask yourself. And then also, you know, really think about this worthiness component of if you feel like you can't romanticize your life and you can't find joy in the small moments, like, let's kind of dive deeper into why you can't and why you don't feel worthy of that. And again, that's a whole other episode and we can't we can't get into that right now, guys. So to finish off this episode, I just want you, guys to sit, take a couple of breaths. If you're driving, don't closure eyes. If you aren't driving, closure eyes, And I want you to repeat after me because this is kind of going to help you get into the feeling of what it should feel like to romanticize your life. So repeat after me. I am worthy of a beautiful life. I am worthy of love and happiness. I will chase the joy and find happiness in the small moments. I will romanticize my life. I am meant for extraordinary things. Now, guys, you've got to for affirmations to work, you've got to sit with that feeling. You have to believe them. Because they are true. Start romanticizing the fuck out of your life, my lumps, because you bloody deserve it. All right, guys, Now, to finish off the episode, we thought it would be a bit of fun to ask the girls in the NH warehouse how they romanticize their lives. Hi, guys, I'm Brooke and I'm the community manager here at Naked Harvest. I romanticize my life.
Speaker 3: By waking up early on Sunday mornings and going for a nice, big walk and getting a coffee.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: My name's Courtney and I'm the wholesale distribution manager at Naked Harvest.
Speaker 1: And I romanticize my life by starting the day with an F forty five workout.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, just curate here.
Speaker 3: Social Media coordinator enh and I love to romanticize my life by going for an afternoon walk and listening to a poddy Hi, guys.
Speaker 1: It's Lea here, the PR coordinator at Naked Harvest. I romanticize my life by going for long walks on a Saturday and a coffee and almon croissant.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm mel I'm the brand executive at Naked Hovers, and I romanticize my life by putting on some tunes while I cook my dinner with a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.