Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influenza and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Amy Torber and coming up on today's show, Sky Wheatley shares her dramatic transformation following fox eye surgery, Lucy Jackson slams cheating boyfriend a day after he moved in, and Tammy Hembro turns into a snake catcher. But first, Sophy my TikTok for some reason has been serving me up a lot of content around diet coke at the moment, and there is a whole subculture of people who were just obsessed with trying to track down and create the crispiest diet coke. I don't know if you've seen this content.
Speaker 2: We have to have pabble dice and a glass cup, probably a glass cup that's been sitting in the freezer for a couple hours.
Speaker 1: We are sen in a glass strap.
Speaker 3: Do you hear how crispy that is?
Speaker 1: That's going to be a beautiful diet cup. Kind of get it. I would think that I'm a bit of a coke connoisseur. It is my drink of choice. I'm a coke, no sugar person, and I think that it tastes so different in a can, in a bottle, in a large bottle, from the tap. I mean it's the worst in the tap. There are some people on TikTok who love a McDonald's coke and they swear that that is the best way it surf, but personally, I think it's the worst. There's something in it that makes me need to go to the toilet for all the time. I think it's the ice that makes it taste really good though, because I'm saying I don't like it, no, but I actually do. I get around that more. I get it now because before I would have said no, no, in a can's best, but it's not. You need the ice. I think a can of coke can taste just as good, but it has to be really cold. And this is where one TikToker has come up with the theory of marinating a coke. So she's called Christine Hollinghouse, and basically her rule of thumb is that you have to keep a can of coke in the fridge upwards of ten days and then that's when it reaches its absolute peak coldness and crispiness. It has to be a bit misty on the outside of the can to be marinated enough to drink it.
Speaker 2: We take the day of coke, we put it in the fridge, We let it sit and marinate for multiple days at a time, and then you get this and it becomes crispy and delicious and it's marinated.
Speaker 1: My partner recently bought a slab of Cocono sugars, and we've had half sitting on top of the fridge and half in the fridge. And we got to the rotation where there was only one marinated coke left, and I put the bunch of warm cans in the fridge, thinking I've done the good deed. I'm calling these ones up. I will have the marinated can for dinner. But he's snuck in and got it first. And I can tell you that there is a big difference between a warm can and a marinade. Oh definitely. How do you think you would go in one of those blind tastings where you have to pick if it's a bottle, if it's a can, or if it is a McDonald's diet coke. I would be banging on like I'm pretty confident I could tell the difference straightaway. Well, I think we should put you to that test. I also consider myself a coke zero and diet coke connoisseur. I challenge you. I think we need a prize, so whoever loses has to buy the winner a slab of diet coke.
Speaker 3: What the hell? I never thought I would be thirty four and get cheated on by a bloke that draws like.
Speaker 1: What. Podcast host Lucy Jackson has dramatically split with her boyfriend Sam a day after he moved in The Happy Hour. Host broke the news on TikTok by miming this line from the song man Eater.
Speaker 4: Honestly, you guys, du am a service.
Speaker 1: He needs money, but there are now Over the top of the video, she wrote looking for a roommate, so her followers instantly news she was talking about Sam, and in the comment section, one of the loyal punters wrote, expose him, to which Lucy replied, he cheated on me and that's the beginning. Well, since that comment, Sam has changed his username, so now when you search him, he has no profile picture and his Instagram at handle just reads user six ' five nine something along those lines. He clearly does not want to cop the wrath of Lucy's fans. No, I don't think I would either. People have been so upset about this. I keep saying. It posted in a ton of different Facebook groups, And I think that the reason why people are so upset is before Lucy met Sam, she said that she'd given up on the whole idea of falling in love and she'd been single for three years and she was very much over the dating scene. But she gave Sam a go. And it seemed like Sam was one of those guys that she wouldn't normally date because apparently she had a huge ick list and her top three x were all things that he did. What were they well? On their first date he wore low cut vans and that was literally at the top of her list that she hates low cut fans. He also can't eat spicy food, he hates coriander, and he's a very fussy eater. And the last one is that he doesn't cook. So these were a few red flags for her initially, and she still gave the guy go. That's just unfair. I mean it kind of reiterates that maybe you should stick to some of your ick list. But yeah, but when you're in a relationship, you sort of forget about those icks and you it's more important whether they're a nice persee, so that becomes bigger issues, like when someone cheats on you. Well, exactly. The thing is these two men on hinge and it was actually one of the first hinge dates that Lucy went on the Gold Coast because before she would meet people online but they were living into state. But this was the first guy that she felt like things weren't complicated with. He just seemed like a nice guy. He didn't play any games. Is that a red flag in itself as well, because sometimes the nice guys are the bigger dickhead, So now we have to be cautious of the fuck boys and the nice guys well pretty much. I mean, things didn't really go smooth staling at first though, because Lucy said she kept fine reasons to not be with him. So when she got back, they started dating seriously, and you could tell that she really liked him because she started sharing him on socials more, she started speaking about him on her podcast. They also recently traveled to Europe together where they celebrated Nicki's Hen's party and there was so many cute loved up videos of them in Italy, and Lucy opened up that you know, she was taking the chance and he was going to be moving in with her. Well, the extra fucked bit was it was only two weeks ago that they exchanged their first I love yous and then Sam of course moved into the house. Well, the day after he moved in, this is when the shit hit the fan, because they went out to dinner and Lucy discovered that he had been cheating on her with multiple women. Here's what Lucy said on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I found out on Wednesday night, after we'd gone out for dinner that I'd been cheated on with multiple people, not just one. And I think for the first like forty eight hours, I was like really running off adrenaline and like I was when I'm really sad or angry, I like actually am pretty dark and like a bit funny. So I think I've been like one of those funny moods where you're kind of just like making a joke out of it. Like last night I went out for drinks with my girlfriends and I literally walked in and was like, cheers to getting cheated on.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty four, It's interesting timing, and it makes me wonder did Sam bring something incriminating into the house when he moved in, Because sometimes when you live away from your partner, you don't have access to say their eye messages on their computer, and sometimes people can get caught out when you say something incriminating. What did he have a girl's pair of underpants? Maybe she's suddenly got access to his phone. He's been out or here his computer on his eye messages and seen incriminating messages. You know what. Men are stupid though, Maybe he thought, well, we've now said I love you, we're kind of official. Because of that, I'm moving in. Maybe I'll clear the air and say, hey, whilst we weren't so serious, I hooked up with a couple of girls. I think the way that Lucy has reacted, though, doesn't tie in with her being told about it. I think she's found out and she's angry. She said that she isn't usually an oversharer on social media, but she felt compelled to document her feelings through this breakup because she thought it might help someone else who's going through something similar. She's probably embarrassed as well, because she is very well known and it sounds like it was multiple people that he cheated on her with, and the Gold Coast is small, like everyone seems to know each other. She also said that she wanted to share about it because she's never going to get back with Sam, so she has nothing to protect, and whilst she was trying to put on a brave face, it is clear that this breakup is affecting her more than she'd like to lead on. Here's what she said.
Speaker 3: I think this morning is the first time that I've woken up and I feel like I truly feel like really sad. I'm also extremely hungover, which is probably not helping, but like I'm just about to go to one of my friend's baby showers, and I'm like, fuck, I was just so ready to have like my person, Like I think I was just like, you know, so ready to move into that next chapter. And i just think I'm just like, really, it's really hitting me today that I'm like I could square one with it, Like I'd rather be on my own than obviously be with someone who's cheating on me, like obviously, but I don't know. Today it's the first day that I've just felt quite sad and just like really felt the like I like, can feel lonely, and I kind of wish I could talk to him about it and be comforted by him, even though he's a person that did the wrong thing to me.
Speaker 1: I think that so many people could relate to that feeling of being back at square one. She'd just been vulnerable and finally opened up to someone, and for him to then turn around and she on her with not only one person, but multiple people when she thought, Wow, this is a genuine nice guy I can actually see myself with would be so heartbreaking. And also I saw her saying that she'd actually put her walls down and she tried not to be so down on men, like, yeah, felt like she'd actually had this nice guy come into her life. And she was saying she doesn't then want to turn back into kind of a quote man hater. Yeah, she said she didn't want it to harden her. I just think it's so tough being single in your thirties, because particularly how she referenced that she was on her way to a baby shower. It's really hard because all these women are in different stages of their lives, but you're the same age. Yeah, and it's hard not to you're happy for your friends, but it'd also be hard not to have a level of jealousy and think, well, is this ever going to happen to me? If that's something that you want later in Yeah, and also the fact that her best friend Nikki is getting married soon. She's just been at her hen's party as well. It's not good. I was really interested to look at the comment section, and as we touched on earlier, she has received an outpouring of support from listeners and they are all backing her. I did spy Olivia Rogers calling Sam a dirty dog under one of Lucy's videos, which is kind of interesting because you know how Morgan Waterhouse came out and all of his friends sort of backed him up. Again, this was in a different sentiment though, because this guy has cheated, he's been public exposed. Well, yeah, this guy is a dirty dog. I kind of love that Olivia went there same. It was just sort of interesting the irony of her ex's friends slagging her off as a difference between the way they spoke about Olivia, though, I feel like they spoke about her in such a disrespectful manner. Calling someone a dirty dog is a little bit difficult, and how they spoke about her, and they were also hurling allegations at her. Yeah Now. On Sunday, Lucy gave an update on her TikTok, and she explained that she'd recorded a lot of videos, but she didn't want to post them because she started feeling anxious about oversharing and making matters worse, and she urged her followers not to bully Sam or send him nasty comments, but reiterated that she loved how loyal the punters were. Is it terrible that I'm so nosy that I'm thinking, can she share those videos?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I really want to. I really want to know exactly what happened. Surely they will address it on the podcast. I think that they will save it for the podcast. I'm not a regular Happy Hour listener, but I think I've got to start getting into it because this is going to be juicy when this unfolds. Oh, it will be one I will definitely be tuning into.
Speaker 4: It's good to be open and honest about it, and I'm here to answer any questions.
Speaker 1: After an anxious wait, Sky Wheatley re emerged on social media three days after undergoing fox eye surgery in Turkey. The former Big Brother contestant initially refused to show her face in the healing stage, saying it looked too horrific now, so if her radio silence left. Many fans consented, including you. Oh. I was feeling really unnerved about the whole thing. After our episode dropped on Tuesday. I just kept finding myself revisiting her profile. I wanted to see how she was traveling. We also usually put out promo clips for the episode, and I just didn't feel right about putting a reel together about her surgery because I thought, what if something has gone on. I became particularly concerned when I noticed that her Instagram story had been taken down. So that was a story of her being wheeled into surgery, and in the photo she was in her hospital gown and she wrote feel like I could vomit. Haha, it's happening now. This wasn't up for twenty four hours. This was up for about nine hours, and then out of nowhere, it had been removed, And I thought, oh my god, what if the worst has happened and her family have gone into her account and removed it because they didn't want to promote the clinic or the surge. Well, a lot of her followers had the same thoughts because they were commenting under her previous TikTok video and they were all discussing their concerns. So one said, is she okay? She hasn't been on in days, while another said I've been checking now. Another person said, I know, I'm really worried too. Yeah. Well, fears about Sky had really been amplified by TikToker Sharie Morris's horrifying experience in Turkey. So she is an Australian makeup party. She has over five hundred thousand followers on TikTok. Now. She recently traveled to Turkey to have a breast reduction and lift, and she'd previously been there the year prior to have a tummy tuck and for that surgery she actually had a collaboration with another surgeon. Now, the breast reduction and lyft didn't go quite so well because forty eight hours after the surgery, she started developing a fever and chills and her doctor told her to just turn the air conditioner down. He said, that's that's what the issue is. So she created a story time video detailing what actually went down. She posted this in May and it was very graphic if you do go and have a look at it. She showed a lot of close up photos of an infection that was forming underneath the fold. Now let's go too far into it because it gets really gross. Well no, but so she raised the concern with her doctor, who said, you're fine and you're ready to board the flight home to Australia. So she flew home in this state and she she had a photo. It showed she had a T shirt on and the back of the T shirt was drenched in blood. Once she was back in Australia, she was rushed in for emergency surgery and she had a ton of infections, the worst being sepsis. So she was fighting for her life and she said, it's been the scariest thing I've ever experienced. I'm still fighting the infection, still recovering from the second surgery, and now have a machine attached twenty four to seven to help me heal now after this experience, as you can, And she said that she is done with surgery, full life. Poor girl.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I think everyone let out a collective sigh of relief when Sky finally resurfaced three days later online and the surgery sounded intense. Sky said she couldn't open her eyes for three days, which explains why she wasn't able to go onto her well. She revealed that she was quite relieved because initially she was going to travel to Turkey alone for the surgery, but she ended up taking a friend with her who also got the Fox eye lift and veneers. So she said that did they do it the same time? No, they did the videos first, but she said that if she hadn't traveled with a friend, she would have felt very unsafe being in a foreign hospital with practically no eyesight. Now, once she was back in her hotel room recovering, she shared a question box encouraging her followers to submit questions about the surgery. But at this point she hadn't actually shared a photo or video of what her face was like after the surgery. No, and that was one of the top questions. So someone said, can we see what your face looks like after surgery? So she replied, showing her recovering in her hotel bed, but her face was strategically cut out of it, and she wrote, Haha, Nah, it's horrific, but I know that this is how it's going to look right now. I'm trusting the process. I've logged it all two so you guys can see each day what it looks like when I upload the video. I think the reason Sky was initially reluctant to show her face is because she knows that publications like the Daily Mail are going to take that photo and they're going to plaster it everywhere and say the surgery is botched. They're not going to point out that this is the healing stage.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Even social media, i mean TikTok images of her face looking like that would go viral. Yeah, and it's at its stage where it is going to look very inflamed and puffy. You've really got to give something like this probably a month for it to calm down now. Sky continued, saying, the only reason I'm documenting this is for other girls undergoing surgery, because it's such a nice reassurance to see the beginning to the end is such an overwhelming process, but you've just got to wait it out and be patient for the results. This makes me feel really uncomfortable. I mean, I don't necessarily have a problem with women documenting their surgeries to show others, but I do feel uncomfortable with the way medical tourism is being promoted. Yeah, because in a lot of instances, major surgery is being marketed as this frivolous holiday with the goals. It's a chance to fix all the things that you hate about yourself while you're sipping on cocktails at the pool. But in reality, you are undergoing major surgery that, in most instances is being performed in a country where there's very different protocols and codes of ethics to what we have in Australia. And when we see cases like Sharie being spoken about, it shows just how dangerous it can be. I was really surprised to find out that Sky not only had the fox eye lift, but she also had liposuction on her arm and inner thigh. So she wrote that her doctors said there wasn't much fat on her arms or legs, so they only took the slightest bit out. Now, one follower asked what we're all thinking and said, why did you get liposuction if you're really fit? And she replied saying, because it doesn't matter how fit you are, you're always gonna have areas of stubborn fat. And I'm not actually that fit. Haha. Yes, I trained daily but my diet isn't perfect. I'm too much of a sweet tooth. I'm obsessed with sugar and food in general. I'm a big eater. Loll. He wasn't going to even do it, he said, hardly any fat, But I insisted he's great. He's not going to do shit for the sake of it. He's actually a great doctor. I love him. Doesn't that sound like he did just exactly what she said he wouldn't do. Yeah, I know that's the thing. Like it's interesting that she confirmed that he wasn't going to do the liposuction, but that she convinced him. I mean, this wouldn't happen in Australia because there is a duty of care. Then Sky went on to explain that she actually thinks she has body. This mor this is what she said.
Speaker 4: Oh but you're already beautiful, Like you didn't need that, Like I'm telling you now, someone who wants to get something done does not need to be told that because you're never going to see what they're seeing. And I know it's like a whole psychological, fucking shit show. And I will be the first person to admit that, like, yeah, maybe I do have body dysmorphia, and yeah, I have daddy issues, and yeah, maybe I've not dated the best guys who have always told me that I'm beautiful. But I mean, besides that, it's something to do with me and only me.
Speaker 1: This is just getting so troubling and very awkward to watch now. Sky confirmed that her partner Lockey, was supportive over the surgery, but said that she was a fucking idiot for getting it done, but he knew regardless of what he said to Skuy, she was going to go ahead with it anyway.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Aside from the body dysmorphia, Sky also said that she believes she's addicted to plastic surgery. And I think think that this is the core reason that she has traveled to Turkey for this surgery. Because a lot of followers are saying, well, she's a highly paid influencer, surely she could afford surgery in Australia. But the reason that I think she's going to the lengths of getting this done in Turkey is because she knows that Australian surgeons would be very unlikely to approve her for these procedures because in Australia there's a code of conduct and that's been developed by the Medical Border Australia, and within those guidelines it says that a medical practitioner has to assess the patient for any underlying psychological conditions such as body dysmorphia, which may make them an unsuitable candidate. So she knows if she goes into an Australian surgeon and asks for this list of procedures that she really doesn't need to get done, that they are going to say, sorry, we're not going to approve that. Well, interestingly, it's Sky's doctor that posted the first photo of her. So this was on Monday and she was back in the studio where he showed a close up shot of the lift. And I feel terrible, but I was very alarmed seeing this photo. I know it's less than a week after surgery and her face clearly hasn't healed properly, but it was quite shocking.
Speaker 5: I've found the.
Speaker 1: Photo really confronting and quite upsetting. And again I have to remind myself that this is going to look very different because she's fresh from surgery. It's very puffy at the moment, but her eyebrows looked dramatically lifted and her eyes looked very lifted as well. It just did not look natural. In the caption, the doctor wrote, the job is done now. If I was him, I would rather show the results once things have settled down and she's had time to heal. I don't understand why you would show something when it's so raw. I'd be pissed off. If I was Sky, I'd want to be the first person sharing the photo and controlling what kind of photo that was, particularly when the media are going to pick up that photo and run with it and it's not the actual end result that she's hoping to reveal. I've noticed a lot of commentary since that photo drop, so of people saying they're a bit uncomfortable because the foxy trend almost looks like cultural appropriation. And this has been an issue that has been raised for the last couple of years related to this trend. Well, that's because the whole point of the fox i trend is to lengthen the eye and to make it look very sleek and more slanted upwards, and that look does resemble natural Asian eyes. And as soon as this fox i trend started to become popular in twenty twenty, many people in the Asian community labeled it as cultural appropriation. Yeah, a lot of people in the Asian community have been saying that this is just another example of Eurocentric mainstream culture cherry picking ethnic features to look cool while treating and viewing the ethnicity in question as inferior. I've been trying to put my finger on why I feel uncomfortable about this trend for quite some time, and I think that this has perfectly articulated it, because it does really seem like Caucasian women are picking out different cultural traits on other women that they like and taking it for themselves. And as a lot of these writers have said, it's very offensive because these are all traits that they've either been bullied or racially vilified for. And then we're seeing celebrities like Bella had Did or Megan Fox walking the red carpet using tape to appear almost Asian, and then's and that's the crazy thing about it is that Caucasian women don't naturally have this eye shape. So everyone's saying, Oh, it's the Bella had Didn't. No, she's getting tape and taping her eyes like that. It's actually not something that Caucasian women had generally, So it just shows how messed up this trend is. The whole irony is that as a result of racial persecution, many Asian women are going and getting double eyelid surgery, so it's the complete opposite. The aim is to create an eyelid crease, which results in a larger and more rounded eye. So basically, Asian women are trying to have a more Western looking eye. And this is one of the most formed aesthetic procedures in Asia, and it's the third most requested cosmetic operations amongst Asian Americans. I'm intrigued to see how Sky navigates this situation because she's already made it clear she's going to continue to share about this controversial surgery on her TikTok page. It means she is going to continue to cop criticism for this fox eye trend. And she is no stranger to controversy, especially when it comes to cultural appropriation, so she is going to be one to watch.
Speaker 5: I'm literally.
Speaker 1: Tammy Hembro had the shock of her life when she spotted a large snake slithering across her living room floor. I'm shaking.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad.
Speaker 5: I literally just put Posey in her room for a nap. What that app Oh, I'm not equipped to this. We're trying to hurt it outside.
Speaker 1: Tammy was in the middle of cleaning out her fridge in the kitchen when the snaw decided to pay her a visit, and by the time she pulled out her phone to capture the snake in action, it had taken refuge under her white couch and it was so gross because you could see its tail poking out the bottom. Or we had a bit of a debate because I think this is a tree snake, but you were convinced it looked like a brown snake. Look, the reason I thought it could be a brown snake is because she lives at Broad Beach and that is a very well known spot for having a large population of Eastern brown snakes. So I can assure you if this was a brown snake, she would have got a snake catcher to get out. She wouldn't have just got a stick at it.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 1: In this video, she literally says, I don't know what to do. What am I supposed to do with it? Some people have pointed out on TikTok that Tammy appears to have gone and run and got some thongs to put on They're like, I love that she got her protective thongs because isn't it funny how like when you're in bare feet, there's something about even just having a pair of thongs on where you feel a bit safer when you feel vulnerable barefoot. Or she did decide to go against getting a snake catcher, and she took the matters into her own hands. So in this video on TikTok, she showed herself alongside her sister Ava trying to herd this snake out of the house, and in it, Ava considered at one point trying to pick up the snake by its tail and throwing it out the door. Is this because there was a clip, it was a news video which went viral of this CCTV footage in someone's backyard where this snake grabbed onto someone's cat and she picked up that it was a rabbit. Wasn't that No, I think it was a cat. And she picked up this snake and just like threw it basically to get it away from her pet. Well possibly, I mean Tammy screamed at Ava not to do it, and she was worried that the snake was going to bite her. So Tammy instead proceeded to get a stick like it wasn't like a tree stick, I don't know. It was a lot long bit of wood and she tried to direct the snake with this stick out the door. It worked quite well. At one point she got her daughter, Posey's little toy car out and started too the hornet it to try and herd it out the door. It's a tough one because I really think she should have just got a snake catcher involved, because it's stressful for the snake to be in an environment where people are screaming because they're very sensitive to noise. They are sensitive to noise. But if you're trying to hurt a snake out, it's quite good to put a few vibrations into the ground. I'd never get a snake catcher. They'll remove it immediately. Snake went missing in your house. I think they were keeping an eye on it and considering it started shifting towards the door, they thought, beauty, we'll get rid of it. We'll close the door. The disturbing thing is a lot of people in Tammy's TikTok comments section have been saying it looks like a baby snake, which means there are siblings, there's a mother, where are There's probably going to be more around her house. All I could think was where are her ragg dog cats? And in the video she was actually holding on to one of them with a snake on the ground and luckily she just put posey to bed. So what a stressful situation. I bet a lot of her US and UK followers were freaking out seeing this or either thinking that this is something that happens just all the time in Australia.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tend to think it's the ladder where people just think, oh, every day, normal day. Well, she does live on a riverfront, she has this beautiful instagram a review of the city skyline, and it's probably not that uncommon for people on the Gold Coast to come across a snake. I know when our mum lived in Queensland, her dad, our grandpa was always having to get rid of snakes in their house. Well, a lot of people were asking where was Matt and some people were joking that he was hiding another room, but he must have been out. Well, I think that is all we have time for today. Thank you so much for joining us for this episode. If you have enjoyed it could you please make sure you are subscribed on Apple podcast and also Spotify and leave us a five star review. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present and don't forget to follow us on Instagram and on TikTok At Outspoken Underscore the Underscore podcast so can check out our Coke Connoisseur video