Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one, I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the weekend.
Speaker 2: Rio, Hell Yeah, good morning Patty, Hello and happy Friday. Alex Cullen Boom. You sound surprised, Rio, you won't show on Monday.
Speaker 1: A bit shaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's hanging on strong the money now and that's honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any reasons here, we all know that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, listen, let's get through then, double thumbs up, Alex. We do this every Friday, the start of the show because you know what it's like on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: Families are on the counches.
Speaker 2: There's too much choice. What's good, what's bad. It doesn't matter what you want to watch. You've got to somehow get the vector of what you happy with, your partner, the kids. It's a compromise. There's actually too much choice these days. There there's too much stuff to watch on about eighty billion streaming services now. After them, I don't even know what I'm paying for. I've got some buildings. They're like, I have you heard of this? And the kids have got some VPN now where they're watching tunnel Bear or whatever it is. I'm shelling out now for a bear. So anyway, we call it double thumbs up. We go around the team, we talk about the shows that we're into this week. So a couple of things to me then kick off this week. Something to listen to. I talked to before about how I love the podcast SmartLess. Jason Bentley went on and Sean it's a very funny show, the guests, the head. In a couple of weeks, Hugh Grant the funniest episode ever.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I actually pulled over at one at one moment to rewind it and laugh again. Hugh Grant is a funny, funny guy, right. I remember I watching an interview last year with Jerry Seinfeld when he had that Netflix movie out and hughes in it, and he talks about how he had dinner with you, and Hugh just said, a want to be in the movie, and Jerry said to him, there's not a role in it.
Speaker 4: And also we have an auditioned he goes.
Speaker 2: I audition and Jerry said, he's one of the funniest people I've ever met. Said it was getting so drunk, and I put him in the movie just because he was just so funny. There's this grumpy and she is like that, but he is the way he talks about his kids and his wife.
Speaker 4: This is a funny.
Speaker 2: That is an outstanding hour, And no matter what you've got going on in your life right now, everyone always leaves a laugh, and that is relentlessly funny. I always Hugh Grant on SmartLess is the podcast and then a couple of things to watch. I spoke a couple of weeks ago you land up watching it as well, American Manhunt Bin Laden, and I realized there's three documentaries they've made under this banner of American man Hunt. So there's been Larden and then there's three episodes of an OJ Simpson. One now about eight years ago, there was a brilliant dramatization Oh J versus the people There was really good. However, this three parter is the definitive look at everything. Is interviews with everybody again and they've gone and found load more stuff, like with the search of Bin Laden. Just when he thought you're up to speed to it, you're not. You learn so much more from it, and it really takes you back to that time and place just after the La Riots and all the characters there's mesmerizing, absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: This is called O. J.
Speaker 4: Simpson. Cannot recommend that enough.
Speaker 5: Tough to be in the same series as a Summer Bin Laden, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: And then the third one my daughters are watching at the moment is about someone who disappeared from a cruise ship twenty years ago. Yes, yes, I've looked quite a mixed bunch it. Yeah, I'm out on that one. Yeah, I'm out on that one. So anyway, that one's really good. And then the other thing is our very own. He lives in the city. Eric Banner on Netflix on a horse, Yes please. Eric Banner is like a training sheer ass. Yeah he's peppery, but he's aging beautifully. Oh my god. Both Sam Nil's in it as well. Both of them are pulling off that they're park rangers with American accidents.
Speaker 1: Just getting two.
Speaker 2: Americans Nils Eric Banner. It's called Untamed Murder Mystery in Yosemite Park.
Speaker 4: Good luck, it's flipping massive.
Speaker 2: Your boy, Eric Banner has got like Spider Man, but for eyes.
Speaker 6: He's on that big old He's on that big old Horsey s He's like this, what the hell there's a gunshot ricochet.
Speaker 2: Then you're like, Eric, special agent, see that because he's Eric Banners.
Speaker 4: Riding on that beautiful water.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, he's come a long way from the castle, hasn't.
Speaker 2: He's out a lovely log cabin.
Speaker 1: However, suddenly towards the end of.
Speaker 2: The first episode, you realize why he's a little bit grumpy and he prefers silence, sadness. I was watching watching with the family and we're all obviously eyes forward. My two daughters go without even looking. That's crime right now.
Speaker 1: I went on, is it something.
Speaker 5: To do with a daughter leaving home or son?
Speaker 1: Fictional? A fictional thing? Oh, oh, I get it.
Speaker 2: Eric, there's face on that blanket for me to stare at the stars, washing every day under that shoop stop for the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh the pain, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: By Christian O'Connell show on podcast, talk.
Speaker 2: About the things, the shows that we're enjoying at the moment, Patsy wants.
Speaker 8: A few talking of Hugh Grant, heretic on a prime video. Chris had already seen it and he said, you have got to watch this.
Speaker 1: It's a thriller, brilliant.
Speaker 8: He is amazing in it. It's almost like a Jeckyll hide though. When I was watching it, because he's brilliant. He it's almost like you're watching his character when you see Paddington.
Speaker 1: Paddington is in. You know, you want to like him.
Speaker 8: He's likable and he's smiling and you think, oh, yeah, you just like in Paddington. And then there's this other side to him, where is a serial killer.
Speaker 4: And herillian I mean that's real range.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The acts of Felix in Paddington too. But wait, he's also a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Wait what is Paddington band know about Folix name in Paddington.
Speaker 8: That's my favorite trilogy. And he's so likable on the screen and I found myself physically smiling watching it.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that a serial killer.
Speaker 8: I should have be smiling because I know he's about to.
Speaker 2: Do and that fall in love with Syraculus and marry them in President.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's brilliant. It is so so quite incredible.
Speaker 2: He was talking about you know, I was mentioning the podcast that was in on SmartLess. He's talking about that how he used to get work as a leading man. Yeah, he said now he's that age in the way he looks only is basically psychopatht he can no heretic.
Speaker 1: I highly recommend it.
Speaker 8: It's brilliant and if you do get the chance, go and see Annie at the Princess Theater in Melbourne. Is so beautiful. It's got like the godfather of Australian theater, Anthony Waldow in it. He plays is he Ann, No, he's Daddy Robbert. They've got a real Grudle in it who is absolutely adorable, and it's got Greg Page, the original Yellow Wiggle.
Speaker 1: Wow. It was so beautiful.
Speaker 8: I took my fourteen year old and when I didn't tell her he plays the President and as he comes out on stage, I didn't tell Aud's and she was right into the Wiggles. She was part of Emma's army. Your kids, Alex, I love sure the Wiggles. Yeah, And when he came out, Audrey did like this audible gasp and I thought, oh you maybe fourteen.
Speaker 1: He's still still.
Speaker 4: That kids still there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, And he's just beautiful in it, and it's just there were lots of uhs right throughout and the dog is just so cute.
Speaker 9: Annie.
Speaker 8: Go and see if you get the chance it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: All right, We're going to take a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we come back with Alex and Rio's TV shows and what they're enjoying it. If there's something that you want to recommend, share it with us now, text me oh four seventy five three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: We go around the team on a Friday, we talk about the TV shows that we're into the moment. It might be a movie or TV show that you watched this weekend. Rio, what's I f you?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 1: I reckon.
Speaker 5: I found Movie of the Year for twenty twenty five Sinners. It was in cinemas. It's only now just made it to streaming. It's on HBO Max.
Speaker 1: It is in.
Speaker 2: I've seen nothing but outstanding reviews for this, saying it's the masterpiece.
Speaker 5: And I didn't think necessarily Okay, it's Michael B. Jordan's who is and hot just like the hottest man.
Speaker 2: I interviewed him and in the flesh and the person with, what a beautiful man. If I could pick two men to ride on a horse with, it'd be Eric Banner. Eric Banner up front me and in the middle and then Michael Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Anyway too much show. I should have kept it to my sound.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 4: It's a good movie, is it.
Speaker 1: There's not just one Michael B. Jordan's, there's two Michael B. Jordan's.
Speaker 5: Whoa he plays twin gangsters in sort of the Prohibition era and they open up an old duke joint that gets invaded by ancient Irish vampires.
Speaker 2: Wowrish, okay, all right, you got me now.
Speaker 1: It is incredible.
Speaker 5: It starts off like a Tarantino sort of spaghetti western, then becomes this.
Speaker 1: It looks heavily steyinized. Yeah, but it's shot on real film.
Speaker 5: It's used the same the same exact same camera as they're used for Oppenheimer and The Dark Night.
Speaker 1: So it looks beautiful.
Speaker 5: There is a ten minute scene in there that is one of the most stunning, like scorchingly beautiful scenes you'll ever see in.
Speaker 1: So this is That's it. I'm sold.
Speaker 4: I'm watching it this weekend.
Speaker 1: You got to watch it. You gotta watch it.
Speaker 4: Brilliant and Alex, what have you enjoyed?
Speaker 10: Speaking of Irish rio, I have been right into this series called kin k.
Speaker 4: I n about the kinselling gangsters in.
Speaker 7: K W A gang and Dublin.
Speaker 2: It is unbelieved Dublin, you say, hard to tell by the accent. It's sounded like come Mumbai, a.
Speaker 10: Drunk Scottish person. Perhaps listen. It was unbelievable. It changed me as a human being. It is that good.
Speaker 7: It's like ninety four percent on Rotten Tomas.
Speaker 2: It's got a Charlie what's his name in from Dan Devil, isn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, It's got Aiden Gillen who was a little Finger in Game of Throne.
Speaker 2: He's a great Irish accent, great Irish act. And there's also the guy who's because I've just started watching it because you were talking about it, it's very good. There's an Irish guy in that with a big beard who plays Joseph Kinsella, who is all Also when the recent Irish Mobland that I've been watching Tom Hardy, so hang on, he's working for two different Irish families when Pierce Brazlin finds thembout this couple.
Speaker 10: So well, is it Francis McGee might be Francis McGee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 10: But I lived in Ireland for about of years and I kind of know Dublin quite well to the north from thee.
Speaker 4: You live with a gangster. Dig your TV, pretty boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the rough streets, earning cash, fighting on the cobbles.
Speaker 10: Passes, coming back to help me, isn't it. No, it's amazing, So go and see that. It's really really good. It's on SBS on demand. I stupidly paid money to watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: I've done that so many times.
Speaker 4: And then you go, wait the free one.
Speaker 1: SBS one simple emails or to log in. What they do with that emails?
Speaker 2: They do nothing with it because they're wholesome. They won't sell out details and they're just looking after.
Speaker 4: Our emails in case as you get them.
Speaker 10: So annoying, begon and say it kin And also Round the Twist unbelievable. So Paul Jennings wrote the book of course, and way back and I think the nineties two thousand they made a TV series on it, and it's wonderful with kids, you can rediscover these shows and Prime Video is running the old Round the Twists and it's just such amazing viewing.
Speaker 7: And little did we know that it was filmed here in Victoria.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: The lighthouse is down the Turkey.
Speaker 4: You should take the kids there.
Speaker 2: Done absolutely a bit of a road trip to drive down there as well.
Speaker 10: And starring Frankie j Holden as well, who I keep running into in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 7: I read it to him in the ten and then I read it to him again.
Speaker 1: You're kidding Park We locked eyes weirdly.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh do I say good?
Speaker 10: I don't know, but I chickened out and I didn't because I want my kids to meet him and.
Speaker 2: Say, hey, here's the dodgy Man. Are your kids enjoying it? They're all under six, so what do they make of it? They love it because some of.
Speaker 1: Those episodes are pretty trippy.
Speaker 10: There's a really scary one with this scarecrow and they won't watch that one.
Speaker 7: Sort of fast forwarded those bits.
Speaker 10: But like there's there's amazing fantasy and wonder and it's Ozzy as well, which I really love, and.
Speaker 1: It's got that to know Melbourne as well.
Speaker 10: Definitely, yeah, yeah, yeah, the Victorian film scene, so we're definitely going to go what.
Speaker 2: A film scene around the twist Ramsey Street? Yeah, yeah, you know you start there anyway, Ken, that's not Dublin film.
Speaker 4: Frankston those we're going back.
Speaker 7: But no go and sit around to us, especially if you've got kids. You know they they love it.
Speaker 4: I promise no one.
Speaker 2: I've never had that phrase go and see it when it's a TV show going Where are your TV is.
Speaker 4: On the cow?
Speaker 2: I shot up, Molly Mildram, don't I And that's not Zech Ghosts.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday night for the next seven night So Wembley Stadium Oasis are in town.
Speaker 4: It's going to be huge. There's still a big heat wave.
Speaker 2: It's unrecognizable London when it's hot, especially when it's consecutive for the actual hot days during the summer there as well. I've never known anything like it, and I'm observing from the other side of the world.
Speaker 4: So Dave, our listener, is best frienk Sean.
Speaker 2: They're going to the show Friday night tonight, which is going to be amazing this week. Last weekend we flew out Josh, our receptionist here at the radio station, big Oasis fan with a mission.
Speaker 4: Can he ask one question to.
Speaker 2: Lim and Nole? Get just one answer if you can. I said, We've flying back in business class. He's already got tickets to go to the show tonight, but we would flying back, lying down on the bed. He just got to ask one question, which animal would they ride into battle?
Speaker 11: Just from reception in London town to see your otis to track them down looking for gallaghers all over the town.
Speaker 1: The clock's ticking down.
Speaker 4: To the show.
Speaker 1: Can you deliver?
Speaker 2: It is delivery day, it is drop dates. Josh, Josh, Josh, tell us.
Speaker 1: You found them.
Speaker 4: The team are telling me nothing at the moment.
Speaker 2: They know the big surprise, the Oasis reveal party is ready to happen.
Speaker 12: Okay, Kristen, are you sitting down?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 12: Because I've failed. I've failed, Christian, I tried my best. Today has been do or die. I've left no stone unturned. But I even stood out in the rain and wimbley for four hours.
Speaker 4: You didn't really do that way, did you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in case you turned up for the sound check, Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 12: Stood by the basically the artist entrance for four hours, waiting security guards names.
Speaker 1: Oh bless you.
Speaker 2: It's actually heartbreaking thing of little joshy rain now like a soggy dog with no.
Speaker 5: Home, And did anyone come by like some food or a bowl of water for a little soggy dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: One gentleman by the name who I learned was called Chopper came by and he was the head security guard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was. We had a Chopper here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chopper read.
Speaker 12: A great gentleman. And it turned out that he was a Hollywood actor.
Speaker 2: He said, have you said, Josh, do you remember the other day when I when you asked us some feedback and I said, stay on point.
Speaker 4: We had ten minutes of nonsense.
Speaker 1: Two days ago. We can't go back.
Speaker 2: Save this one from when you're back on the front desk, which is going to be real close, my friend, save that one. We're making small talk the Hollywood actor who of course he's London's like, follow those.
Speaker 4: They're all waiting for a Guy Richie movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, any who's so what happened though to going too the Oasis merch store where the Gallagher's.
Speaker 4: Well they're in the twenties now.
Speaker 2: Children were going to meet the fans and you were going to ask the question there to Noel's daughter Anice.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's right, And she was supposed to be coming in today, but they didn't have a select time, so she didn't show today. They don't think it's possible for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 2: Word has got's out the Ossie Forrest Gump. He is in town that they're like avoid, avoid, avoid, He's in a bucket hat. He's got a t show on that says Oasis fans help me. That now has a very different read that just help me he needs.
Speaker 5: The security guard was sent out just to sort of keep you away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he came out out of after hour two and was like, okay, it's my job to tell you the lead but.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, the actually is this the sat break of the week. Yeah, the image of you being sent away.
Speaker 4: Hollywood staff security guard.
Speaker 1: At Wembley's stayed.
Speaker 4: And you were heading off in that little bucket hat.
Speaker 2: It's been a tough week for you, may be honest, isn't it. You know you went with a clear mission, you know, and I saw you and you aren't going to do this and we believed in you, you know, and you've really you've really spent a lot of time wasted, really trapesing around Buckingham. Pallas has got nothing to do with anything. Checking out Big Ben, too many trips. You already falling in love with that woman's Steph at the Oasis store you're probably going to stay there now and get a green card or anything, probably the last week to hear you, and.
Speaker 4: You'll find a front desk somewhere.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, you're going to live at that store forever.
Speaker 1: Step Josh's a hollow laugh.
Speaker 2: I get the thingling, there's a hollow laugh there because the bounce that we know about you as gone.
Speaker 12: My friend, Well, it has a little, But then I remind myself, Owaisses is going to be performing, so I can't stay too down at all.
Speaker 2: Don't rub it in now, Listen, Josh, we had a mission. The mission has.
Speaker 1: Found rules of rules if I'm being honest, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and and it's not cheap to bring someone back business class.
Speaker 12: Conditions.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you always tease? And sees always read the label always? What do you think help us out here? Because I feel very bad right now. I don't want to be mean. And I know you've tried, you've really tried not to get awatis. It almost feels like you put more effort into go in the opposite way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's swimming away from where they might be.
Speaker 2: Areas where there's no way they're not going to be in Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 4: The once in a life, Josh, what do you reckon?
Speaker 2: Do you are?
Speaker 1: You be honest with me?
Speaker 4: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: You've done all you could right, you could look us in the I C I deserve that bead, Christian put me in business class.
Speaker 12: Christian, I've never eaten with cutlery like proper cutlery in the skies.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say, just just never.
Speaker 4: I believe it with my hands.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you know, okay.
Speaker 2: I was going to get a pitch about the effort you put in this week rather than simply cutlery in the air, and you are giving basic cutlery in economy.
Speaker 4: They then just go open your mouth.
Speaker 1: It's like five, just shove it down your gullets to eat at the truck. What do we do?
Speaker 4: I tell you what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: What do you think, Pats?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: What do you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 8: I think he's done a stellar job and we love him to bits. He is an absolute beautiful man and he deserves to come back in style.
Speaker 4: Real business.
Speaker 1: We make, we put rules in place for stand right. I can't decide. I actually can't decide.
Speaker 4: I can't decide either.
Speaker 2: So here's what we're going to do text in now listeners and just simply say one word left or right? Left of course, when he goes on that plane to return to Melbourne, is he going to lie down cutlery in the sky? Is he going left into business class or he had a mission he's gone out of his way not to actually fulfill it. And actually even like one of my kids, yes, there was having a go at me. He's done nothing waste that time they went. He works so hard, he's obviously just thought waded up like he ain't going to get the interview. I must well just on their dime, have a nice holiday they're going dad, be kind to that man.
Speaker 1: I have a show to do you a rating I didn't say to you.
Speaker 2: Listen, don't worry about it, mate, just go out there for a week on our dime. He's staying in a five star hotel.
Speaker 4: Left or right? Is he going left to business class or is he going right to economy?
Speaker 3: Christian an O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Josh from Reception was flowing to London last weekend. He's been staying in a five star beautiful hotel. One clear mission, just one question to nol Or. Liam Gallagher come back with it you come back and start a business class. He hasn't got it. The mission has not succeeded. But it's not for want of trying. And this is surely if this country is about one thing, it's about trier, a battler, someone who doesn't give up, an underdog, someone who fels and fels and fels either wallabies well to orow the hands and the British Lions anyway, Christian, he has to go right without rules. There is anarchy and there's country guards stand right, anaky Ryan. Christian is a complete mission failure. Bring Josh home in cargo, Christian.
Speaker 1: And send him left.
Speaker 4: He sounds like a broken man today. You're right. That image of me sent away after four.
Speaker 2: Hours by Hollywood security guard is too sad. It's making me sad today the show, Christian. Send him left, but make it bamboo cutlery. Christian. Send him left into business cast as long as he promises to speak in that terrible man Cunian accent for the entire trip back confusing. Let's get Josh on here. Josh, you're listening to this in London?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, Josh. Your auntie has emailed me, Elena.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, Auntie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Auntie, Now, she.
Speaker 2: Says, emailed me pleading with me to send you right. Send you a lazy boy, always have been. No, I'm saying you gotta go left. She just going Christian, Please left. My boy sounds broken out there in London.
Speaker 1: Bring him back safe.
Speaker 2: All right, we got some We've got some callers here. Let's take some calls. Right now, let's got a Chris Good morning, Chris, left or right? What do you reckon about Josh from a set? Oh?
Speaker 1: Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: Listen, he's really got to come home in business class.
Speaker 2: He's made me laugh the whole time every morning.
Speaker 13: I personally I.
Speaker 8: Think he would have had a better chance of interviewing Paddington Bear.
Speaker 1: I'm legally happy for that, you know.
Speaker 4: I love too.
Speaker 2: Well, said Chris Well. Said he has made us laugh this week. Chris, lovely stuff.
Speaker 1: Have a nice weekend you too, thanks to Dean.
Speaker 4: Dean. Good morning, Good morning too. Here are you going?
Speaker 2: We're good Dean. Have you had a good week now? It's a big verdict. Is he going left it and business class or is he going in economy?
Speaker 12: I think he's send him left, but with terms and commissions, I think he needs to come back with one of those T shirts that I had a mission I failed.
Speaker 14: And also go with this crappy T shirt.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are right, take off the Oasis.
Speaker 3: Fan not worthy of a Waister T shirt.
Speaker 1: That's what we're got to go with.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dean, great idea, Thank you very much. Let's get Josh back up right now, Josh. We've made the decision. Okay, now, Josh, I've had to weigh many things. All the votes are coming in right now, Auntie nan Ardine, Chris pats Rio and then do you know what I'm taking into account here? It's not just this week, it's everything you do for every single listener that ever calls during the day with a problem. I want a competition. What's happened to it? I don't like Pats she's very rude on the show. How do I get her removed? And that's fifteen to twenty times an hour? And now just have the weekend? Well me, not even on air. You have to do with a lot. So therefore it is our gift to you. You are coming back business class, baby.
Speaker 1: You're getting the coloring in the sky.
Speaker 2: The staircase is calling you, baby, come home, Come home in.
Speaker 12: It guys, this is a Champagne Supernovas. Thank you, thank you so so much. Honestly, when I will be lying back fully and sleeping soundly, I will be dreaming of.
Speaker 13: You, guys.
Speaker 9: You are are you dreaming about me and what we might be follocking semi naked or something that's not my Champagne supernova?
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: This week has just taken out of him.
Speaker 2: If you replayed what he sounds like Monday, it was bouncing around like a kid with too many fizzy drinks. Thank you so much. I just want to bed. Hey, Josh, enjoy the show tonight.
Speaker 12: I will thank you guys and send.
Speaker 2: Me lots of rock and roster. Let's send me lots of videos. I want to wake up Sunday morning to see it all. Okay, enjoy it absolutely.
Speaker 12: I will spam you for sure.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Auntie Nuno whatever she's called.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Josh, no more dreaming about me, seriously, no more dreaming about me.
Speaker 1: This is for you, Josh. Roll with it.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it feels extra dark, doesn't it. I'm sure yesterday when I was sort of saying it's got seven. It was brighter than this. I was just aware that I'm saying good morning Friday morning.
Speaker 4: Looking out, They're going, is it and.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense right because it's just so pitch black dark right now.
Speaker 1: It should be getting lighter every day.
Speaker 2: Now. If you peer around to here, young Rio, look come away from the microphone, look over that.
Speaker 4: Look at that red sky in the morning.
Speaker 1: Shepherd's warning.
Speaker 2: Morning and I think Patsy you were saying it's going to be quite windy for some parts of Victoria today. Extreme weather warning is there for Gibbsland.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's going to be raining.
Speaker 9: I'm afraid to say, well.
Speaker 2: Jazz Head's there for the new sport team. See what Alex is brought into this? Oh wow, we all right, let's talk about weekend plans here. This is how my weekend is shaping up tomorrow night. Boom locked in the couch. British and Irish lines taken on the Wallaby second Test. Huge, Alex, you going, no what I thought you'd be there, sy Huge to the MCG.
Speaker 7: I'm going back to Sydney.
Speaker 4: You had enough.
Speaker 2: I always near you tv L like weeds pit Hacket here in the trenches of Breakfast Radio.
Speaker 7: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: We gave it a good shot. Thank you, it's god good five days. Yeah see if Carl will take you back.
Speaker 10: Good solid. No, I'm going back to Sydney. I'm hosting the Penrith Panthers Directors Club Lounge.
Speaker 2: It's the same as the Lions, the lines only coming every twelve.
Speaker 10: Years, so the NRL team the Penrith Panthers for those who don't know rugby league. So I've done it for the last five years and I'm doing the last one. So I'm saying farewell.
Speaker 2: To You've got so much and money, come back and accounted ditching them.
Speaker 4: Are you miss season?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 7: I did promise them that this last one. So I'm going to go back and I'm going to catch up with my brother as well.
Speaker 4: And if you're missing the big game the second.
Speaker 10: To night, you know what I did though. I booked this in a long time ago. You know when you don't think you're head and you don't and you book your head something and you know, oh, that'll be great, and then it starts.
Speaker 7: To arrive and you're like, oh, I know, that's why it.
Speaker 4: Should be an enormous game tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: Playing against but I can't get out of the pending commitment now.
Speaker 4: So anyway, it'll be a big game tonight.
Speaker 2: And then on Sunday we're moving our daughter back again out of the house.
Speaker 4: It just got used to having a back home.
Speaker 2: It's being a parent is an endless series of heartbreaks and humiliations. Now it is, and you enter into it joyously. It's the right kind of heartbreak. But here's what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: My wife, I have a quiet word to me, going, just can you just pump everyone up?
Speaker 2: It's always my job to like go and sometimes my wife just comeing and go, can you go in and just we have a phrase in our family, right my wife and I, can you just go in there and tickle them if the atmosphere gets to it, not physically now, but just sort of juste you know, And so I.
Speaker 4: Know my wife go and just can you just keep it all up for everybody?
Speaker 2: And then when we lug all the furniture back in to a place and we drive off, there'd be a real silence my wife and I and then it will be sure.
Speaker 4: Listen to a podcast. So that's our weekend.
Speaker 2: Mixed emotions two of them now with the two daughters.
Speaker 1: So do you have to go through the heartbreak twice now? No, no, no, because Ruby's in a shared house.
Speaker 2: But there's another move coming up there because the contract's running out a couple of weeks time. So in the last two years, ten times, I've moved constant, constantly. Think we're on the run. I mean that is the truth. But anyway, Rio, you've got a big first tomorrow at twelve thirty.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm actually terrified. We've got out.
Speaker 5: We've got a house that we really like, and we're going to our first auction ever.
Speaker 4: Good luck, and you like the place.
Speaker 5: We really like the place, and everyone's like, don't get emotionally attached.
Speaker 1: Don't get emotionally attached.
Speaker 4: To everyone says point.
Speaker 2: And then you wouldn't put all that money into something that you did have an emotional possible connection too.
Speaker 1: Yes, how do I win?
Speaker 5: Because then if I don't have an emotional attack be to it, I don't like it, I'm not going to bid on it or anything.
Speaker 1: And now we love it and you can like already see I can see myself sitting out there in the morning, and how exciting that it is really exciting.
Speaker 4: So you've got to mindself. It's a start a process. You may not get this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, will reach a point where you have to walk away where you just can't afford it, and other people, I've got other means and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So you obviously know what you walk away point is. We have.
Speaker 5: We had a very very long discussion yesterday trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: We had a good advice.
Speaker 5: Someone said, what's the number that you will regret someone else taking it for that's great, and then that's sort of where your limit is. So we had a very long discussion. We've got our number. I also went to chat GPT to ask for some like auction.
Speaker 2: Tier okay, because how many houses are that cleared this weekend?
Speaker 1: You listen to this advice Dressed to intimidate, We're.
Speaker 5: A suit higher, flashy car if you need or bring an entourage, so your competition think you're.
Speaker 2: A se Do you know you should sense a bed for you. Here's mate, the Lambow guy. You must have his number, still.
Speaker 1: Trying to have his number on speed doll.
Speaker 4: Dressed you intimidate money, property, He's.
Speaker 3: Got it all.
Speaker 7: Guys, and it definitely wmon't be on the block.
Speaker 5: Don't wish me like if anyone what is your strategy? Well, okay, it's either someone either said wait and see and go right at the very end, or just as as soon as someone says something, just go a bid straight after. So they're like, yeah, I don't know eight hundred eighty one eighty two eighty three, so that you just keep chopping them, chopping them. But I think I don't have the guts for that.
Speaker 2: I think you absolutely have to put your big boy pants on you Doly's a bluffing game, and you can trying to second guess what the other people have got. I would urge you to start surging very quickly. Well, but don't do ones and twos, do fives and tens and start to do it like that and just sort of freak them out because people didn't bloody hell, they really want the place and they can afford it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to wear though, what do because I've only got kind of scruffy, Like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think it matters these days, because you know what, often I've been to those auctions, right, you see someone looking really scruffy, they buy the house and someone goes, oh, he's an it billionaire. I mean, look at the guy in the former CEO. He wasn't in a suit, but the guy's a billionaire.
Speaker 4: True, we're not in the world now where you know.
Speaker 2: Looks take a zucker Bug. They're the worst dress sense. It's not the richest men in the world, bezos. That's a very good so I think go like that. Okay, you look like a sort of it nerd as well, you know, I mean with some offense, but you look like someone who's invented an app.
Speaker 1: That's a perfect obviously very insulting.
Speaker 2: But that's if anyone seriously, there might be some real estate agents listing right now could give him some really good advice, because do you really want the.
Speaker 5: Place, really really want the place unless there's where is it?
Speaker 1: What I do want to say now because if I don't know what if people.
Speaker 4: Listeners, we've got where they're gonna go, they're going to.
Speaker 2: Go and buy that place and flatten it.
Speaker 4: Shooter, shoot to mcgavan's listening, he's.
Speaker 1: Going to buy your plate.
Speaker 5: And I've done a very elaborate life playing at cool process with the real estate. Anyway, it's in Northgate, Love.
Speaker 2: North Yeah, very nice part of the world. It's not for people our age Alex.
Speaker 10: I know, I realized that my daughter's taken a rental out there.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm moving a couple of weeks time yet. And I went to have a look around beforehand, about half an hour before and I went to get to see the area, right, and I went to get a coffee somewhere it's all hipsters, and there were a couple of people waiting indoors.
Speaker 4: That's raining outside for the coffee. Right. I go in and straight this is not my.
Speaker 2: People, Like I look like knocom undercover to give us some illegals or something. Inside. Now I'm inside, Can you pick me? I wouldn't pick coffee. And then this girl with like crazy hair goes to me and you can wait outside?
Speaker 4: And I see other younger people waiting inside.
Speaker 1: I have to wait. It's bad for business people like.
Speaker 2: Bringing everyone down. Sad dad vibes out there in the rain. Just had a narrow, awning narrow it just drips down on.
Speaker 7: I was like a daggy dad in winter place in Windsor right.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, but like literally we know that it was like two streets back from Chapel Street. You know, it is probably not the best place for three small children.
Speaker 1: Revolve.
Speaker 2: All right, if you go and in vice so Rio, he's got his first auction tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Give us a call.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Fatsy, What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 8: I highlight of my weekend really starts today. To be honest, I'm going to my first ever Christmas in July lunch.
Speaker 1: I've never done.
Speaker 8: It's in the middle of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously a lot of us poems do.
Speaker 2: That is great fun, especially like today, because it feels it feels like yes, if it's done right. Normally it is quite chill and cold outside. It's in the middle of winter and it's like rainy outside. I did if someone likes a fire and you have like a Christmas roast.
Speaker 8: Oh yes, may ignored, yea, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh, that'd be great for you. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: People's Playlist. We'll do this every Friday, and we put you in control the music. We give you a theme. You pick all the songs from eight or nine this morning.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 15: Listening and calling and choosing the music and just when it eh, somebody.
Speaker 1: Pays the station chaining play the.
Speaker 15: People's play listen, Christian.
Speaker 1: Calling right now? When help Christian pig The songs for Friday Show.
Speaker 2: All right Lines Now thirteen fifty five, twenty two songs with up or down in the title, up or down in the title, Big Songs. It's a Friday, Come on, thirteen fifty five, twenty two, Patsy, what do we have to play?
Speaker 8: The weekend is here, so the only way from here is up? Yes in the plastic population tune.
Speaker 1: I love the song.
Speaker 2: This is a dance floor classic, wedding filler, floor filler.
Speaker 8: You know she is sixty five now what yeah? And still releasing music, like her latest album was like twenty sixteen seventeen. But she's still singing, still performing.
Speaker 2: I think she's going to be singing with Snoop Dog at the Grand Final.
Speaker 4: That is there in so many new stories this year.
Speaker 2: Where you're like, what last Friday was the CEO forma CEO of a company we'd ever heard of? Astronomer at the Coldplay gig a week later, Snoop Dog afl Andrew what you didn't go out there to is Vegas compound starts smoking something with him. Only you know you've got to be smoking something to come up with an idea like that. Honestly, you know when there was that cloud of smoke over the Vatican AFL house, I reckon this week there's.
Speaker 4: Been a cloud of some adom soak over.
Speaker 2: The Snoop Dog the Conclave. All right, Alex, what are you going for? What's the song you love? Was up or down on the title.
Speaker 7: Well, it's funny.
Speaker 10: My cousin just texted me with one a Sound Garden down on the upside. So that's got too, and that's got up and down, but mine is up down girl by Billy Joel.
Speaker 2: I just started to watch this big documentary about Billy Joel.
Speaker 4: It is so good. Oh my god, what a life. This is a big Friday song, Ria, What are you going for?
Speaker 5: There was a very specific time in the two thousands where every rock band had a turned tablest for some.
Speaker 4: Reason years and got it ended someone somebody.
Speaker 2: It's scratching on the ones that the wheels of steel.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm bringing it back Friday. It is taxi ride creeping up slow. Oh well, tune know this.
Speaker 4: This is a this is a great blast in the past.
Speaker 1: There it comes in.
Speaker 6: That's it, quick, quick, quick, all right lines oper now thirteen fifty five twenty two Big songs for a Friday up or down in the title, will take yours next?
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the music, and just when it ate somebody paying the station, chatting play the people's play Listen Christian.
Speaker 1: Call in right now? When help Christian pick this song for Friday show? All right?
Speaker 2: From a you're picking all the music. In fact, we just played our last song. All the songs now are pit by you. Songs were up or down in the title, Christian, the Foundations build me up a buttercup all together.
Speaker 4: Now, this is.
Speaker 2: A good Friday song. High vibes Madonna.
Speaker 4: This is a good Madonna tune.
Speaker 2: Bpms need to be over seventy seven. We have put that down on that list bpms each per minute. If if you don't know the rest of us, you know we know now two songs. Who did it better?
Speaker 4: I love Talking Heads.
Speaker 2: Running down the house right this song? Yes, this is a classic classy song. However, I love this song. I think Tom Jones covered it better with that big ass voice of his.
Speaker 4: From the Welsh Valleys to our Ears what.
Speaker 2: Out That is the sound of the weekends. All right, that is your alarmer going off on a Friday, going what's out?
Speaker 9: Dad?
Speaker 2: Nina from the Cardigan's also from Wells great singers. I saw them do this live. It was basically a giant welsh Man bellowing a diminutive girl what's out?
Speaker 1: He didn't even need a microphone. There was twelve thousand people there. We could hear him. That voice live is powerful.
Speaker 2: It's like a majestic lion, an old one but still got a hell of a roar in him.
Speaker 4: What now you put this against David Byrne.
Speaker 1: You're right, you need to admit about Tom's He's a legend.
Speaker 8: David compaired voices?
Speaker 2: Do you know what, Pats, you're blessed with a golden voice. But we're all in zippy compared to.
Speaker 1: What outs now?
Speaker 2: Another up one. You're talking about AFL Grand Finals. Maybe Snoop dog there this year. If you just if you're just woken up and tuned in, I'm not joking, then it might be Snoop Dogg and Coffin already just at the smell that might be coming from the change rooms. Give up the umpires that we're making all kinds of crazy course, no change there, but someone wants to hear this this morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, sacrilege to play this in July?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, September on, let's turn into a Grand Final morning.
Speaker 2: No, listen, you know that Snoop dog if it is him at the Grand Final, and obviously Mike's always there as well.
Speaker 4: What about a collaboration where it's up the Kazi. Oh, it's Snoop, but it's up the Fishes.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, it sounds so good the two of them collab.
Speaker 4: Snoop, it's Brady.
Speaker 2: Drop it like it's hot, drop it, drop the Kazi like it's hut.
Speaker 4: Oh, this sounds so natural, maximating heaven.
Speaker 2: Oh god, sign it, Snoop, sign something it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's beautiful sound for so long. No, it's so good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Songs are bubble down the title today. Some great ones coming in from you get down on it. This is a great one calling the game now. I'm ashamed to say this is on my workout playlist. Disturbed me genuinely and this band down with the seconds.
Speaker 1: We get a song with Snoopers?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, do that.
Speaker 1: What if Snip.
Speaker 4: Doesn't sign is disturbed?
Speaker 2: Down with the sickness and then back on a more gold footing. Yeah, tell estill go disturbed in.
Speaker 1: To wake me up before you go go.
Speaker 2: Tom Jones, please, I want to hear you do wake me up before you go go wake up. Let's go to Mick here. Good morning Mick, Hey Mick, welcome to the show. What would you love us to play this morning? Apple down in the title?
Speaker 1: Great song? Are the Colds songs?
Speaker 11: Great?
Speaker 1: Bad status? Quote this band great British rock band.
Speaker 2: Not only that they rock double denim, but sometimes triple I'm talking Dennim waste what Jennim jacket and denim pants.
Speaker 1: Triple D.
Speaker 2: Good one, Mike, thank you very much. It's got a Richard now. Good morning, Richard, Welcome to the show. Good morning Christian.
Speaker 1: What would you love to hear here this morning?
Speaker 4: Richard?
Speaker 12: A song was big Fido vocal What's Up?
Speaker 2: By four non Blonds?
Speaker 1: This is a great song.
Speaker 2: And good for Sarah or audio producer to pick the marp it don't go with the chorus.
Speaker 4: Read the bit half of that. They always say, you know, tease us Jesus.
Speaker 1: You can't open all your present. There's too much of a guinea chocolate.
Speaker 4: We're gonna write for it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't runs out, Alex, you'll get used to it. Half. Oh yeah, we'll have to imagine what that could have been. Jules, Good morning, Jewels, Good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Christian. I would love to hear Donna Ross Sorry, Donna Summer upside Down, A bit of a sexy one going into the weekend.
Speaker 4: Wait, ducky, you.
Speaker 3: Tell me.
Speaker 2: When we asking me able to change one letter in an artists, This is a great song, Jeels love Let's have a lovely weekend. Andrew, good morning, Good morning guys. Hey Andrew, what would you love us to play?
Speaker 4: Mate? What's this Friday? With up put down in the.
Speaker 2: Title big energy poo song?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, boys, shuldar we're going down. Yeah, this is a great one.
Speaker 2: Playing.
Speaker 7: Let's put this.
Speaker 1: Andrew.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stake this on to the next hour and make for you. Okay, this is a brilliant song. Thanks for calling, have a great weekend. Thanks now, quick quick vote. Who remembers five? Oh yes, anybody five?
Speaker 1: Get alive? Are we are?
Speaker 2: We?
Speaker 1: Dare we take it to level five today? Oh wow? I haven't heard to get about five for about twenty years. I think they're still touring. No, no, no, I think well, good question fam in French.
Speaker 4: That was not like the poor Man's in sync?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and sync bad rapping as well?
Speaker 4: Oh not nice?
Speaker 1: Good course?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we got some tough calls to make because we can only play about six of them.
Speaker 1: All right, News and spot on the way.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show Podcas.
Speaker 2: The speakers in your car are rattling right now, the bass bin shaking, reverberating the power the majesty of the one only Tom Jones Voice eighty five still doing live shows. Yea friend of mine is a floor manatcher on the UK version of the Voice, you got like where I am and Tom? Because Tom is obviously he's eighty five blessing right. Filming takes quite a while during the day because in that comfy chair, Tom nods off in the afternoon after lunch and they go he's gone fair enough to Everyone just sits there for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: Way is it he has a nana nut there. It does look a big comfortable chair.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: I'd be like that, we'd be like that. Eighty five. He's done his years mellowing Tom.
Speaker 2: Many women fans Tom Jones with the Cardigan's kicking off our hour of Power Today the People's Playlist.
Speaker 1: We do this every Friday week.
Speaker 2: You do pick all the songs on a Friday and the theme Today's songs were up or down in the title. So before the end of the show today, before we bow out at nine, we've got the time waste of coming up in fifteen minutes time and also someone has to have one thousand dollars thanks to Mercedes Ben's barrick for our caller of the week. It could go during the next fifteen minutes. We're looking for your stories about bedroom injuries. Now, when I say Benjamin injuries, I know we're in the middle of the school run.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. You know you can trust this show.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be with Let's us say you and you partner been having a little bit of rip, big guy Hulk Hogan. Maybe you've been diving from the top rope. That's how I've hurt my shoulder. Said, there's a color body. No, there's my wife on me actually, but anyway, that's between us. If we want to hold it up at the weekend, Who's Hulk, Who's Hogan? We're taking turns. That's how we do marriages, compromise and any who'syn who's bedroom injuries?
Speaker 4: All it is is a room. What injury happen in that room?
Speaker 1: You can do all sorts of things in a bedroom.
Speaker 2: You really carry your quie right, all sorts of things set a young guy thirteen. All I'm thinking is sleep actually right now, sleep is mainly all sorts of things thirteen fifty five twenty two Alex. So he got a Benjamin injury.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, it involves Bonnie, my poor wife.
Speaker 10: Max had accidentally got into her iron tablets, and so Max just starts vomiting throughout the house. This is what I was looking after him as well as so when your watch on my watch, oh dear, and my mother in law too, who's been a massive how under the bus, who's been a huge help for us.
Speaker 7: Over the years. She's amazing.
Speaker 10: But I thought, oh, what's happened here? And so he vomits in the bedroom. Bonnie freaks out, runs in, slips over on Max's vomit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, onto that waterped you've got as well, and you've got the mirmors on the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh.
Speaker 7: No, So she falls over and smashes her head into the vomits.
Speaker 1: So she's gone.
Speaker 10: She's freaking out. I'm freaking out. We have to rush him to the hospital. She's trying to get the vomit out of it here before we go to the hospital. It was just a complete disaster.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's like a vomit sort of slip inside.
Speaker 10: The way she slid like whooit first into manage that he did.
Speaker 4: Thanks, All sorts of things can happen in a bed.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time wasted coming up in ten minutes time. Why are we doing golf movies?
Speaker 1: Happy? Gilmore too. He's got it out at three am today. It's out now, it's out now.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, I'm so excited that that is my Friday night tonight. All right, So we're looking for your bedroom Injury Stories thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 4: Quite a few of these are unbroadcastable.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's one way to put it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you very much for Joey.
Speaker 2: Joey, Rea relayd in great detail the story about the chili and the moisturizer.
Speaker 1: Oh Belinda, good morning, Yes.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Christian, Patsy and our ex how are you today?
Speaker 1: Welcome? To Chaublin. Have you having a lovely week?
Speaker 14: Thank you? I am looking forward to the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah great, nowda what happened in the bedroom?
Speaker 14: Okay, so I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom facilities, as one does, and my blood pressure obviously dropped drastically, and I fainted and I painted. I hit the end of the bed and smashed my face, broke the bridge of my nose, and I had huge black eye, passed out on the ground.
Speaker 11: Awful.
Speaker 14: My husband woke me up. I had blood pouring out of my nose. He kind of fixed everything up, and then for the rest of the two to three weeks I had to explain to people why I had a massive black eye and broken bridge of my nose.
Speaker 1: And still awful after all that. Good point.
Speaker 2: Sorry the guy who used to stand there, do you remember me? He's famous for the unnecessary backup question.
Speaker 4: Let it go with him, Let it go with him. Okay, just shake it off, just shake it off. Yeah, we didn't need to go back to her needing that pee.
Speaker 1: We are live on air.
Speaker 4: I always remember that back of the head.
Speaker 2: If you need to know an emailer over the weekend. Actually, even that sort, Hi real the brigs. A follow up question, did you go anyway?
Speaker 1: Blinda? Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Let's go to who we got here?
Speaker 1: Wade?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Wade, Good morning Ga.
Speaker 1: How are we welcome to show? Wade?
Speaker 4: What happened in the bedroom?
Speaker 12: Well, my injury anem physical U.
Speaker 2: At the moment on there is an item inserted physically? What accidental?
Speaker 4: Rude?
Speaker 1: Hangman? How we start to do?
Speaker 4: What was the item inserted physically? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mustard with the lead piping, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll try waiting in at there's got a jewels now.
Speaker 1: Jewels, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning. My husband was a really good cyclist and he won this amazing trophy in Italy which was like massive and had a very heavy marble bass. Anyway, when we needed quiet time away from the kids in our bedroom, that used to be the door stopper.
Speaker 4: Oh what a great when we all had those.
Speaker 13: I watched one night I ran in eagerly and cracked my little toe.
Speaker 1: On the old kiddie blocker.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and currently I'm sporting a scab on my nose from ripping my clothes off a little bit too eagerly the other night too.
Speaker 1: Follow up questions from you.
Speaker 2: Okay, were you the amount of times we've had their kids when they were younger?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 2: Why was the door locked in literally in the afternoon. Oh I don't know how that happened quick, but coming on, it's get nicest. Why's my weeping? Oh no, no, no, that's not always.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm guessing it's producer Caitlin off the knee Cut and Thrust Fuke of War. Caitlin, a producer, has a trouble with write things down in English. This caller that asked for this song an hour ago, she labeled up the song correctly, okay, what's up? And labeled the artist as four number ones And from that I just said to hear, I think she means four non blondes, but maybe it's a quizz actually got the show misheard bands Pour nou pour number one?
Speaker 4: Sorry of getting that.
Speaker 2: Bog and daggers at me right now. It's my tires wind slashed this weekend.
Speaker 4: Sorry, breaking dag carkeeed are the worst daggers.
Speaker 2: Bogan daggers are the worst daggers, all right? Best in show doing my time waster? Were your golf movies? Beetel Juice to Musical, five star production leaves Australia eleventh of September.
Speaker 4: Go and see it's an outstanding show.
Speaker 2: We've got a pair of tickets who go and see Beetlejuice to Musical. We're doing golf movies because there.
Speaker 4: Is finally out.
Speaker 2: The Sandman is back, Shooter is back, Son of Chubs is back.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait. I'm so excited. What am I talking about?
Speaker 2: Happy Gilmore too is out now on Netflix. Yeah, Oh, it's so good. The pistols are back from Shooter. Yesterday I was talking about watching the original one from nineteen ninety six with my daughter two nights ago and how much she absolutely loved that. She never seen it before, and lots of you were asking for that. There are so many quotable lines in Happy Gilmore. This is my favorite scenes.
Speaker 10: You're in big trouble, little Pali, pieces of shit like you from Breakfast.
Speaker 1: You read pieces and ship for Breakfast. No every time.
Speaker 4: No, and of course.
Speaker 1: Just give it a little cappy car.
Speaker 4: I hope it's good.
Speaker 1: Well, you can actually bet on what the rotten tomatoes this country.
Speaker 2: You will bet on anything on what the wrong to Our school will be happy Gilmore.
Speaker 5: The current projected score by the betting markets is forty six point two one rotten to no, no, no, it's going to it's going.
Speaker 4: To get a hundred for me. Hard hard to make it good, though, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also hard to make it bad like it's just back. Oh, I don't know, I know who.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous, all right. Golf movies, fight clubs, Oh good god, the Fantastic four. Yeah, go Uncle Bunker, good at.
Speaker 1: These and Feddler in the rough. Gold Sorry, that's all gold.
Speaker 2: It's the image of top Hole in the graph there singing and also looking for us balls.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Rio. What have you got? Golf movies? I've got Caddy Daycare, Caddy da urged betting right now. The that's of bronze Bogey Knights. That's good. Gold, God, that's very good. T Willie also good gold and chippy chippy bang bang. Yeah that's good. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You're going out on style. You're making up for that follow up question twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show Gone podcast.
Speaker 4: Many many years ago. The last radio station I worked from the UK.
Speaker 2: The record company wanted us us to play this unknown artist who hadn't really broke through in the UK, Brune Mass. We didn't know he was before he became the global megastar. So they hired a small venue just from my radio station. There was seventy eighty of us there. Bruno did what used to be called a showcase, so that an artist would do five songs. Right years ago, I saw Temper trapped to the same thing, blew my world away. I thought they were great. We didn't know who they hell, Bruno Mars hors. We're all like, it's like a Wednesday, you know, We're like, I'm go go do this thing. I've never seen anyone torch a place like that in my life. You know, you're witnessing something like, oh my god, who the hell is this guy? He was and he is obviously electric. Oh my god, he's so what amazing performer is as well? Bruno Mars and then ended up at the super Bowl. From that, From that, yes is our same? Yeah, all right, now before we get into the time waste, So actually we're about to give someone Call of the Week. We do this every single week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick and with Mercedes Benz Berick and tour to lightly thirty. First, they guarantee to better any training offer buy up to ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: What thank you?
Speaker 2: Mercedes benz Brick had gone crazy.
Speaker 4: Now a call of the week has to be Ann and oh my god, it's you Anne.
Speaker 11: Oh with an embarrassing storyline.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, but you know what.
Speaker 2: Our embarrassing stories are the best stories we ever have. Those ones where where you're sweating and I really can't be saying this out now, those are the.
Speaker 4: Best stories you can ever share. We're here for them.
Speaker 1: That's it. Every day and six to nine it works it out.
Speaker 4: Yes we are Oh my?
Speaker 5: Are you say?
Speaker 10: Oh my?
Speaker 12: And you know what?
Speaker 2: Anne is my middle name?
Speaker 14: Because I didn't want to.
Speaker 13: Give my first name.
Speaker 4: That's so.
Speaker 2: Well, middle name Anne. You won a thousand dollars? What are you going to do with your money?
Speaker 14: No, that's fantastic.
Speaker 13: I don't know, that's huge.
Speaker 12: Oh, give some to my kids.
Speaker 4: I guess how old are your kids?
Speaker 3: Anne?
Speaker 1: How old are the kids?
Speaker 13: Well, you're gonna laugh because one's twenty five or one's twenty one.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're given en after them at that age. Give it back to Anne. Mysterious first name. Will we ever know your first name? You?
Speaker 4: I like that I meet you one day and you'll go middle name, and.
Speaker 1: And I go first day.
Speaker 4: What Let's always keep it like this.
Speaker 1: We'll always have this between us.
Speaker 11: I believe that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it's been well done. You made us laugh so much. Now I need your permit. I just want to have your permission. You're right if we play a bit of the cool again because it's so funny, people might missed it the other day.
Speaker 13: Okay, yes, but remember it saying.
Speaker 1: You got it, my friend.
Speaker 2: Tap of the nose is always and and enjoy spending your money. And thank you so much for sharing your about and story with us. It's a great one.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, have a great weekend. I will take care of mate. All right, this is mysterious first name.
Speaker 1: Middle name.
Speaker 14: I was in labor and they saying, oh my god, you've got to be induced straight away, and I thought, no, no way, I've got to get my bikini line done.
Speaker 1: Before they induced me.
Speaker 13: I rang happy up and I said.
Speaker 14: You've got to bring the wax kick down.
Speaker 1: I was already at the hospital and he's going, what the hell.
Speaker 4: It was quite embarrassing, but.
Speaker 1: Deserve one dollars.
Speaker 4: All right, we're looking to you a golf movies. You're ready tomorrow, let's go.
Speaker 1: Bestern show.
Speaker 2: You have to go and see beets or Juice, putt fiction, Silver, Happy, Gilmore feet. Where's the punchline there? That's it's going to take you a weekend to pull that one of silver Sonya three, iron Man God, Crouching, Tiger Woods, Hidden, Flaggon very good, we know what he was up to. Crouching as well, tinker tailor May Soldier, Spine, Silver, finding, Nemo's golf ball. I love that for Anthony, Tappy Gilmore, Oh, golf Class, that's some Jenny Granger, Horton, Gosh Name, Strokeenheimer Potter two week, Oh God Class eighteenth green Mile good. Alright, Rio, who are we gonna go and send you? Gonna have a great night beat Reduce the musical.
Speaker 1: Jenny Granger, Tappy Gilmour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great one, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sure you calls this week like mysterious name, middle name and Alex well done.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, Have a great weekend and we'll see you Monday.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast