Speaker 1: Do you any think you have a chance against us? Mister cowboy, open the pod bay doors. Hell, I'll have one. Cheese has.
Speaker 2: Happening right, so don't see nothing new, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome to the Project ballroom. So you ain't seen nothing yet. One hundred episodes. We somehow we've made it and I'm thrilled to be here with a very special episode.
Speaker 1: Is this.
Speaker 3: Live episode? We did our first one of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival with Judith Lucy The Sound of Music? Was anyone of that one? Do you be excellent? That was a great fun with the one with Shane Jacobson hasn't been released yet on the Sunshine Coast with Trained Spotting. That'll be really soon. And of course this one now so very excited. One hundred episodes. Haven't got a telegram from the King, got a text message from Prince Andrew didn't mention the podcast. Just one of them, Melibi to see where you're at. Who has seen Hunger Games? Who hasn't seen it? Obviously? The rest of you excellent. There's gonna be fucking spoilers, Okay, we can't not jog about the Hunger Games, about them The spoilers, so that's going to be happening. Very excited. We started this podcast a couple of years ago and had no idea where it was going to go, what it was going to be, and we're thrilled. We've had over a million downloads and this loving the whole experience. To be honest, it's it's been great and I'm glad to have Tom here today because he was our first guest on episode one when he watched The Lion King for the very first time, and the guest we've had over the years about Tony Martin, who people said you won't find a film that Tony Martin hasn't seen, and he hadn't seen Top Gun, so we did that. We had Todd Samson this week. Hadn't been The Shawshank Redemption. Yeah, I know, Leeck McGregor hadn't seen the Godfather movies. We've done those, wil Lee hadn't seen any of the Star Wars movies. We've done the original trilogy. So today we arrived with Tom and the Hunger Games. And before we bring a Tom out, I don't want to play a clip if you haven't seen or heard it. This was we had Darren Hayes, who's an amazing, amazing man. He's got a new album out called Homosexual a work of genius, it really is. And we had him on Ex Savage Guarden Massive Pop Star and he did Singing in the Rain. But before, as you know, we talked about three favorite films. By the way, Tom's three favorite films originally were Apocalypse Now two thousand and one, I Spaced, Odyssey, and Wake in Fright. So I'll be asking him for his next three favorite films before we get onto the Hunger Games. But we're talking to Darren Hayes, and I've told this story a few times in a podcast. It comes up where when I was eight years old, I went to saw Et in the city with my mum. And what happened was we were just there. She was talking to a friend of hers and I was just there and for some reason, I decided to spin around. And when I spun around, I was facing a different direction and then I just walked off in that direction and I got lost for literally ninety seconds. But it got me a little bit emotional, it did. And then I saw Et. If you haven't seen Et, it's an emotional film. I was a bit of a mess. So I've told that story a few times on the podcast. So when I told it with Darren Hayes, who nominated ET, he's one of his favorite films, I told I tried to tell the story again, but I took a shortcut.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play it now, and you can take a shortcut and telling the story. And then Darren reacts to me telling that story, but he hears a very different thing, okay, and he reacts I think fairly. Let's take a look at Darren Hayes and and me from two weeks ago from Singing in the Rain, another movie that also is about a boy who you know, I guess there's some kind of escape ord this somebody coming from another land. He's ET. I saw this in the cinema when I came out in Melbourne, and my memory, my first memory of it is that I lost my mum before the movie, so I was already a little bit emotionally, you know, on edge. And then just I think it was the first movie. Perhaps I remember just balling in. Well I'm sorry, peene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's heavy, that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: No, that's there. No, I mean, how old were you when you saw the film.
Speaker 5: I was I was eight. I was eight.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I want to be very clear. So I want to be very clear on this guy. I it might be misunderstanding when I said I lost my mom, I physically on that day lost my mom. I could not find her. She was there.
Speaker 1: Piece of.
Speaker 3: Actually that was not a setup, piece of shit. I spun this is what happened. This is what happened. I spun around.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I thought, you mean sarcastic because you had shared so much and misplaced my mom for like three minutes, and and you were like, that's a beautiful story, pet, And I'm like, yeah, it does seem a bit n I was just like, oh wow, I just here, I am talking about my insignificant life and heat he lost his mother at eight.
Speaker 5: You literally just lost her any more.
Speaker 3: Wow, it was three minutes. I'll never get back.
Speaker 5: But this is incredible. This is incredible.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 5: This may be my podcast.
Speaker 3: This may be my favorite moment of the podcast ever. I think incredible. There we go, Darren Hayes, I should the point of that. Before that, he tells the most amazing story. If you haven't heard, please listen to the episode. He tells the most amazing story about his dad and his dad was an alcoholic and how he related to him and through Star Wars, and it was so for me to go through that. After he told that story was even more painful. So yeah, incredible. All right, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to bring out our special guest, a great maid of mine who did the very first episode The Lion King on You Ain't Say Nothing Yet. He is a Gold Logi winner. He is the host of the giant smash ratings Hit Smash Hit Hard Quiz Got It Eventually, and the future host of Taskmaster on Channel ten. Ladies and gentlemen, He's a tome pleaser. There we go now, tom My, both my parents are alive. I just want you to know, Okay, from the from the top, how are you, mate?
Speaker 5: I'm great. I'm really looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm one of those ones, a bit like Tony Martin.
Speaker 7: I've seen pretty much every film that's ever existed, so it's tricky for me to think of ones I haven't seen.
Speaker 3: You have been very hard to pin down. There are a few people out there, A lot of people are like, I haven't seen anything, so just you know, whatever, Lucky Hume is one we haven't been able to pin down. I suggested legally Blonde, but lucky human gains. I'm not watching back Illeately Blond, but you you have been tricky. So we did find a hunger games and we should just get into it. As the official start to the podcast, my name is Peter hallia holcome to you Ain't seen nothing yet the Movie Podcast, where arch out to a movie lover, a better, classic or beloved movie. They haven't quite got around a scene until now. And today's guests my great mate, the god like You, Tom Lisa.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 3: Hello, now you kick us off of you. I want to hear your next three favorite films. So you had two thousand and one Apocalypse Now and Wake in Fright Tom glisas, what are your next three favorite films?
Speaker 7: My next three favorite films? I was trying to think of films that when I put them on, I.
Speaker 5: Have to watch the whole thing. And also I'll often put them on late at night.
Speaker 7: When I've gotten back from a big night out. I'll give this a look. The Godfather, Big commitment. Now you start watching that at midnight. The Light Horseman an Australian film from the eighties and Dunkirk dunk Kirk. Yeah, but up until now you haven't seen, of course, the Hunger Games.
Speaker 8: I volunteered this tribute.
Speaker 9: I believe we have a volunteer. I need to get out of here. You need to get out of.
Speaker 3: So sorry, all right. Before Squid Game, there was another barbaric game that offered a loan, survive and a chance to well survive. In the future Dystopian America, twelve districts take part in the blood sport known as the Hunger Games. Two children are chosen from the Two children are chosen in a bizarro Melbourne Cup sweep to represent their district. When young Primrose Everdeen is plucked out, her older sister and primary caretaker, Catnus Everdeen, a star making term by Jennifer Lawrence, volunteers when Peter Malark Josh Hutcheson is chosen as the male representative, It starts a four movie franchise that shoots Jay Law into the stratosphere. Based on the mega successful books by Suzanne Collins, the Hunger Games examines our love of violence as a sport as entertainment, the class system, wealth and poverty. Its Quid Game meets the Truman Show made for a PG thirteen audience, directed by Gary Ross, who had previously helmed Pleasantville and Seabiscuit. He has a stellar caster work with who actually looked like they're having a lot of fun, in particular Stanley Tucci, Elizabeth Banks, and Woody Harrelson. Oh there is also a Hamsworth swoon. Tom Gleason, Have you ever killed anyone for sport on live television?
Speaker 5: Well, metaphorically your heaps.
Speaker 7: I haven't actually killed anyone, yeah, but I have made people regret that they came on my show.
Speaker 5: I do that pretty much every week.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think there is a moment every week when you watch hard Quiz when someone just realizes that maybe going on the show with a mistake.
Speaker 3: Was there anyone who in hard Chat? Who do you think you metaphorically killed?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 5: Was One of my favorite hard chats I did was an interview with white Roy.
Speaker 7: You may not remember him. You've got to think back to the Abbit era the government. White Roy was the youngest ever member to join the House of Representatives. He was voted in when I think he was twenty one yep. And we were halfway through the hard chat and he was looking at me and he was all happy, and he was tapping his hands on the chair like he was all relaxed, and he said, this is actually quite fun.
Speaker 5: You just had a little movie that this fun, and so I thought, all right, I'm going to lean into this.
Speaker 7: So I said, the night when you got together with Turnbull and decided to stab Abbot in.
Speaker 5: The back, that sounded I reckon, that was fun too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And the blood just drained from his face as he realized there was no answer he could give.
Speaker 5: That was going to work.
Speaker 3: The tom Glas and Hunger Games. Let them begin. So what did you know of the Hunger Games? Why did we end up choosing this one?
Speaker 7: Well, so I was quite methodical. I went through all the biggest box office films of all time and just went down the list until I found one I hadn't seen, and Hunger Games was the first, right, So right at the top is Avatar or something, and you just go down and then I thought, I haven't seen that. It's a popular film, so I chose that. But it's been a tricky life because people refer to it all the time and I don't know what they meant. Right, it was our hard quiz. It's like the Hunger Games, but for game shows. I'm like, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: So what okay, but what did you know? What did you think the Hunger Games were?
Speaker 7: I thought, I knew it was a fight to the death, but I thought it was more like like Gloody. I thought it was gladiatorial, like it was going to be in a colosseum or something. So I was a bit disappointed when it was just in a National park. You know, they were running around them. I want them to I want, like, you know, Russell crowd to jump out of a tree or something and.
Speaker 5: For there to be a crowd.
Speaker 3: All right. We don't find out whether you liked it or not very soon. I want to talk about your three next favorite films. So you had The Waking Right two thousand and one in the pockets. Now the first time you came back around, this time you had what were they?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was The Godfather?
Speaker 3: Godfather? Okay, let's about the Godfather, my favorite film of all time. I always say Godfather and Godfather Part two. I think Godfather Part two by a smidge if I was the rank them. But so you're saying the Godfather as the original original film, Yes, Yep.
Speaker 7: I prefer it to Godfather Part two. Yeah, why is that slightly shorter? It's ever so slightly shorter. I got back into it because there was that TV show called The Offer, Yeah, on Paramount Plus, and it's all about the making of the Godfather, and I watched that and I'm like, that's a really good film.
Speaker 5: I should watch it again.
Speaker 3: How long How long had it passed.
Speaker 7: Since I'd watched it? Maybe fifteen years? Yeah, And every single scene in that is perfect. Yeah, there's not every every moment you go, oh, this is the scene where that happens, and then another scene happens like.
Speaker 5: This is that one? Yeah, I can't believe this is the one where that And it's just it never lets up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The assassination scene is when he goes to the cistern in the toilet they get the gun.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And but what I love about that when when he arrives And I had the opportunity to chapter Miles Teller, who was the star of The Offer, and we spoke about this. What's great about watching that movie is they take their time, Like he goes there, they sit down and the waiter comes over and he paus everybody a whine and he just allows that to happen. Yeah, but now it wouldn't happen. You would cut. You'd be like, I'll just leave the bottle here and we'll shake over that.
Speaker 5: Cut cut bottles half empty? Yeah, bedtime?
Speaker 3: So and did you love Where do you rate this as far as in the world of Pachino is it? Is it your favorite Patrina performance?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I like it because I think it was his first really big one. He don't need on one other film. Hadn't he think he doesn't panic in Needle Park or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had the fight from I think Robert Redford was up for the role.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he was the Italian I dies here whatever cultural appropriation. Mate, It was back in the olden days when no one cared about racism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, those are the days. So and you love the brand, Oh, let you love the whole thing? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love the whole thing.
Speaker 7: So it's just such an exciting film, and it's just it's just Yeah, it takes you from this guy who is not going to be part of the family business, and he slowly becomes more and more evil, and that that plot line of that film has been copied many, many, many times.
Speaker 3: The reason I have too just ahead of it is I love I love the Freido stuff into like I love that black sheep of a family who can't quite doesn't quite fit in. Yeah, and it's heart I mean it's just heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But Fredo is such a dead shit. I would have shot him in the beginning of the first film. Should have just gone pop, got rid of him. You're a fucking idiot, Freido. Let's move on and let's get back into crime. Clap your hands, I go, I'm going to see who Godfather one or two. Club your hands if you prefer Godfather one.
Speaker 3: And god By the Part two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're just trying to sound smart, no, you know, because people it just it's one of those smart things people say. Oh, apparently all sequels and no good old But unlike Godfather Part it is the only sequel that has one of the best picture Oscar fucking shut up whatever.
Speaker 3: And there's of course anyone for Godfather Part three.
Speaker 5: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: Not as bad as people think of this. And also you had in your The next film was The Light Horseman. The Light horse Now I can't remember seeing The Light Horseman, but I know it was directed by Simon Winter who did all the horse movies in the eighties. In the later lap and went over to America. They'd Lon Some Dove had.
Speaker 5: Peter Phelps in it.
Speaker 7: It's about the siege at Bash Bearsheba by the light horse, the only of the time that yeah, the light horse charged machine gun positions. So it's the climate to the film is magic and it's it's a very underrated film. It's didn't do particularly well at the box office, I don't think, but it's very exciting and it's it ticks all the cliches. It ticks all the boxes for a war film, so it adheres to all the cliches. You know this it's the person who reveals something about their family. Oh they're going to die, they do, and all that stuff. It's spoilers alert during the war people die, but for the but the staging of the last part is just magic.
Speaker 5: Like it's the stampede of the horses mark you know, in the full charge towards the trenches is extraordinary.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed. I haven't seen it. Cut me hands. If you've seen it, it's not it's not that popular. Film got the hands. If you liked it, there you go, one people do in clap, one person in clap. I just I detected. And of course your Thirdvorite film was dun Kirk.
Speaker 5: Dun Kirk Kirk.
Speaker 7: Right from the very beginning of that film, it's just sheer panic and it doesn't stop till the end. And also for Christopher Nolan, I think it's an hour and a half, a very disciplined effort from him. Yeah, I think it's the shortest film he's made. I think it's about an hour and a half on the button or just a bit over, and just right from the beginning, you're panicked right until the end.
Speaker 5: Very exciting for.
Speaker 3: Did the linear the non linear? Did that screen around on.
Speaker 5: That non smart? So I just got it straight away.
Speaker 3: I watch it a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I understood it straight away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't have to dump things down like you do on the project.
Speaker 3: There is a job vacancy going at the moment. If anybody yeah, oh yeah, we should make an announcement. Actually, I'm the new carry Big More. Not many people and carry Big More.
Speaker 5: How many people know that we are.
Speaker 3: Having a Hunger Games at Channel ten four carries job. Actually got my money's one A Bishop to be honest. Oh, well, your favorite story the Dunkirk in the film.
Speaker 7: Ah oh, there's so the the the older man in his boat with the young boy. Yeah, that's like it's a beautiful story.
Speaker 5: And also just just that they could be so brave.
Speaker 3: That's Mark Ryland.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and.
Speaker 7: It's like it's it's very exciting. There's a few moments in that that are a bit cheesy. But also Tom Hardy, how you never see his face? I think that's great. How all you see are his eyes?
Speaker 3: Well, you never see his face Tom Hardy in any film.
Speaker 5: No, he doesn't have a face.
Speaker 3: He doesn't never face.
Speaker 7: But also the other thing I like is with the planes in Dunkirk. It makes you feel that shooting other planes while flying a plane is really difficult. You know, often in dog fights and stuff, it's always like they just shoot things and they explode and go well done, like Top Gun for example. But in this film that they just seem to only be missing constantly, and you can hear the creaking of the plane and then you can feel like you're in the cockpit and then it wouldn't be much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's get onto it. I'm fascinated I ran a little pole on Twitter this afternoon. Would Tom Gleason loved The Hunger Games? Yes? Or no? Eighty six percent people said that you would torch this film. Oh, Tom Gleason hit a pressure in twenty twelve, directed by Gary Ross, starring Jennifer Lawrence and Stanley Tucci and Leam Hemsworth.
Speaker 7: And I couldn't believe they were all in it. I only knew Jennifer Lawrence was in it. Yeah, and all these other people are in it too. I thought this film is going to be huge once everyone finds.
Speaker 3: Out that all these people are in it, once we spread the word through his podcast, it's really going to have some traction. Did you enjoy The Hunger Games?
Speaker 5: Yes? I did?
Speaker 9: You did?
Speaker 5: I did enjoy it. I found it far fetched at times, but I just went with it.
Speaker 3: Like The Hunger Games, I liked it.
Speaker 5: Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Okay. I was curious whether you would like it or not. As I've watched it again. I was it twice this week. For the kind of thought, you will like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well it's exciting. It's a nice premise.
Speaker 7: I liked some of the lateral thinking in it, like I liked when Woody Harrelson's character, who was like their mentor, gave them advice to not run towards the weapons at the beginning. So they're all there when they when it's first and there's a big pilot weapons, they look very tempting. He's saying, don't run towards rep weapons, run away and hide, and I thought that's good.
Speaker 5: That's lateral thinking, good advice. I liked it.
Speaker 7: And also I was thinking, that's how I would play it as well, even without him saying that. If I was in the Hunger Games, I would when they when they say go, I just run into the National Park or whatever state forests they are in, and I'd climb a tree like she did, but I'd be more disciplined than her. I'd just stay there until everyone was dead, and then I'd come out as the winner.
Speaker 3: That's your strategy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'd wait.
Speaker 7: Until one other there'd be some arrogant pre walking around like they had won because they'd forgot that I was in the tree, did you you? Then I just kill them and then I'd done. And that way I'd only have to commit murder once, so be easy to live with. I wouldn't want to be a serial killer and winner. That would be like the guilt versus reward of winning.
Speaker 5: You know, it's hard to deal with, well.
Speaker 3: How many people this cat and is actually killing? The end doesn't work that out, does she.
Speaker 7: She's the beneficiary of a few accents, and I think that's deliberate to make her likable.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's one of the weird things about the film. They do very much, not weird, but they protect her. Yeah, virtue.
Speaker 7: Well, one thing I did notice very early on, which I thought was dodgy, was there was a group. There was a group acting as a group.
Speaker 3: Yes, what was that about?
Speaker 5: And like that, like that would last?
Speaker 7: Like I've read Lord of the Flies. Yeah, I've read the story of the Batavia. You leave a group together and they just kill each other without.
Speaker 5: It being a game.
Speaker 7: You don't need a game. You leave a group together on an island for long enough they all kill each other. Yeah, which is what they do because we're horrible as a race.
Speaker 3: It was a weird thing to see this. Everyone you know the rules.
Speaker 5: Now, I've seen that.
Speaker 7: There was a line of five of them walking along and I was just waiting for one of them to knock another one on the head in that queue, like, just oh, so long as I'm here, Like, if you're last in line and you haven't killed someone, you're a fucking idiot, Like you're last and no one can see like.
Speaker 5: You just you just killed the person in front of you, just to get it over and done with.
Speaker 3: Well, And why was Peter Malark in that group? Like you can understand if though the two people from the same district and maybe the neighboring district, but Peter Malark there didn't seem to me.
Speaker 5: They didn't really get explained. I thought he was like a turncoat. Yeah, but then he didn't. I was waiting for a twist. It didn't turn up.
Speaker 3: Did you find Maybe it's what we were projecting because Jennifer Lawrence, we know even subconsciously we were watching it for the first time that the stories about her, like there's more commotion and she's causing a lot of the commotion. Admittedly when when Primrose is nominated and there's a bit more kerfuffle, but when Peter's nominated, I felt nobody gave a fuck.
Speaker 7: No thought they're like there he goes as fair enough. Yeah, he's had this coming a long time. That guy offf you go, oh happy he left?
Speaker 5: Weren't they I think they were?
Speaker 3: Did you like Did you like Peter Malark?
Speaker 5: I did like him? Is he famous? No, I've never seen him before.
Speaker 3: No, I can't think of things that he's done sceince I'm sure he's working.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I didn't. I thought I've never laid eyes on this boat before. I'm alife. But yeah, I liked him. I liked him when he was pretending to be a rock. That was good.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, let's get to that. I mean we're jumping here, We're gonna this is what we do on the podcast. We end up jumping back and forth.
Speaker 5: But let's yeah, and Pete can't follow it because it's like not in chronologus. If I can follow it.
Speaker 3: It's like a it's a Dunkirk episode. Let's have it. Let's this is I find a ridiculous. So there's an earlier scene where it's just it's quite quick, where he goes, oh, by the way, look I can do this, and I can pay my hand and put it next to a tree and it disappears. Yea.
Speaker 7: And then I must admit when he did that, I thought that's going to be important. Later, of course, because I tapped my wife. I said, that's going to be important later and she said, I know.
Speaker 3: So let's look at Peter malc put of these masterful painting skills into action.
Speaker 4: Attention, tributes, Attention. The regulations requiring a single victor have been suspended. From now on, two victors may be crowned if both originate from the same district. This will be the only announcement.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, Peter, Peter, Okay, now zo.
Speaker 3: We know makeup artists. Yep, that's fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 5: That would have taken ages.
Speaker 3: You would need mirrors, he would need it like a little kite. The fact that he's done that lying down, and not only he's obviously got some clay or something to connect him to the rock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what the fuck was going on?
Speaker 7: I'm starting to think it was done by the makeup artist working on the film, and it wasn't done by him at all.
Speaker 3: You think didn't do that at all?
Speaker 5: I don't think you did.
Speaker 7: But also, like you could just hide under a bush, you don't need to paint your face. No, he's hide under a bush.
Speaker 5: It's fine. A climbing a tree. We've already established that's a really good tactic.
Speaker 3: Cannas is running around, She's just running around. He's just lying. How long was he lying there for?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but like, if you went to that much bother to paint your face, you'd want to be there for a long time, even wanted.
Speaker 3: To move, could find another rock that fits exactly. That is anybody who's read the book, by the way, hands, if you read the book, yep, is that is that in the book. It is in the book. Because for me it felt like a movie. Yeah, a movie construct Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought they'd added it just to the movie, just to jazz it up.
Speaker 3: Was there anything that shocked you?
Speaker 5: What were you?
Speaker 3: Were you surprised by either the grimness or the you know, the holocaust vibes early on?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 7: I've seen squid Game already, so it's like going backwards and watching that. That seemed like playground to me. After you watch squid Game, you're like, you watch that, You're like, oh, this is piece of you should be on ABC kids. I actually wanted to watch it with my kids, but they're younger and my wife didn't want them to. But I'm like, oh, you know, they'll be right, You're going to learn this stuff eventually.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I tell you I really like in the film is Stanley Tucci. I think he's it looks like he's having the most fun out of anyone I think in the film. And he plays Caesar Flickerman, and it's like this weird the TV show. It's like a weird combination of Big Brother meets AFL three sixty and it's he's having so much fun. Let's have a look at the clip of him interviewing Peter Malark.
Speaker 5: I have a question for this season.
Speaker 6: Do I ask Mike Roses to your.
Speaker 3: Wh who I smell like?
Speaker 5: You definitely smell better than I did.
Speaker 3: Well, I've lived here longer.
Speaker 5: Tell me so, Peter.
Speaker 3: Tell me, is there a special girl back home?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, not really, No, I don't believe.
Speaker 3: It for a second. Look at that face, handsome man like you.
Speaker 6: Peter tell me, well, there are There is this one girl that I've had a crush on forever, but I don't think she actually recognized me until the reaping.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what, Peter.
Speaker 5: You go out there and you win this thing, and when you get home.
Speaker 10: She'll have to go out with you, right, fobbs, I don't think winning is going to help me at all?
Speaker 3: And why not.
Speaker 1: Because she came here with me.
Speaker 3: Well, well, and let's talk about Stanley Tucci. Yes, did you enjoy as much as I did?
Speaker 5: I thought he was great. I want him to host shows here in Australia. Yeah, just get him out. Yeah, like he should host Big Brother, would be great. They were getting to read the news.
Speaker 3: There are total Gretel Colleen vibes going on, I think with this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And did you did you think when Peter Malark tells his story did you think it was strategy or is he telling the truth?
Speaker 7: I felt and I think it was deliberately ambiguous. I think it was both. I think it was supposed to you were supposed to he was. He was passing it off as strategy, but he also felt it m hmm. But he was saying that it was, but it was being said to be strategy because he also wasn't wanting to put his heart out there.
Speaker 5: Is that the way it's supposed to be interpreted. That's why I took it. I think I had a few ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I believe them originally, and then when I watched it the second time this recent, I saw it when it came out, I thought maybe it was more strategy, that maybe he's smarter than me giving credit for because the.
Speaker 5: Woody Harrison's character says that it was a good strategy. Yeah, and that's what makes you think that. But I don't think that he actually said it was a strategy.
Speaker 3: I think you may be right to this both, Yeah, because he equally likes her. Who thinks it's purely strategy to cut your hands? You guys can sharing Uber on the way home and discussed that who thinks he was from the heart?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And who thinks it was a bit of both, A bit from the heart, a bit of both going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit of both, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I also liked that they kept flashing back to he threw a bun out the window and didn't give it to a direct I didn't quite get that. So my what I worked out was he felt bad because he threw out a bun that he didn't want to eat, and she was so desperate she ate it, and he regretted not giving it to her in her hand.
Speaker 5: He threw it on the ground and treated her poorly. Is that what happened? Because it kept going back to it over again. It's like, here's the fucking bun again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I like, I agree that it was.
Speaker 5: It was like it was.
Speaker 3: It was a nice gesture. He would have given her a dry bun, Yeah, maybe wrapped up with one of those little little bits of paper that gets her in the middle. Yeah, diggy taped with a little love heart, maybe a little message. But he just fucking threw it into the rain, into the mud.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's not nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so maybe he didn't love her. Maybe we're cracking it open, guys, I don't know, what do you think? Like, I love my wife and I've never thrown a bun on the ground and said eat that. I mean, I've wanted to, but I haven't. Here's your bun, enjoy.
Speaker 5: I love you. It's on the ground, but I love you.
Speaker 3: Did you? What do you think of Hamich Abernathy played by Woody Harrelson, who's also having a lot of fun. What do you think of his advice? First of all, what do you think of his his attitude? He's surely drunken attitude early on.
Speaker 7: I thought it was really good performance because my interpretation was that he was suffering from PTSD from being a previous winner. So he had played the game, and he had killed a lot of people, and he was like a veteran from a war, so he was Yeah, he was wanting the best for his contestants or whatever they call tributes.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, he has probably done it many times before and they've walked out and just been killed straight away.
Speaker 5: So I think he was Yeah, he was battle damaged. That's why I read it.
Speaker 3: So the idea is that he's from District twelve two.
Speaker 7: I assume, I think so, yeah, and I think I mean, I might be wrong, but there was a suggestion that he I think he had played somehow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he played. He won, and he's a previous winner. Yeah that's right, isn't that? As I read the book or those understanding, do you know how long ago he won it? Twenty five years? Right there we go. That's the right answer too. By the way, Yeah, you have the Letny Kravitz we meet. Yeah that was a surprise. Yeah, playing center.
Speaker 7: I was wondering why he did that, Like he's a rock star and it's a pretty small role, like he's only in about four scenes. I think, why is he doing that? And I was thinking maybe This was around the time that he performed on the Today Show and his pants ripped open, his cock came out.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that? It was about ten years ago. He was playing.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that Gravi's penis came out on the Today Show? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not like the American one in New.
Speaker 3: York Carlin Lesia. No, No, you can look it upslcause it would have told me that.
Speaker 7: No, it was in front of whoever the I can't I don't know who the name. So he was, Yeah, he was playing. You can look up the footage. It's really funny.
Speaker 5: He's like, let's go to an he's playing guitar.
Speaker 7: He is doing a solo and he's scoat's down really low, and it's a real close up on the camera and his legs are apart and his pants just rip in the middle and he doesn't have underpants on and you just see his massive cock. It's the best thing ever. And I thought maybe it was around that time and he thought, I've got to try to make people stop thinking about that, So I'll take a small part in the Hunger Games to make I'll shave off madreadlocks and everyone will forget the cock on the Today show, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be waking up to today. I like Lenny Kravitz, though in this I'm not sure why he took the job, but I thought he was good. It was a pr move that PR movie got the way little of the nice eye liner that that I was.
Speaker 5: On edge of it.
Speaker 7: It's gonna I'm going to see again and he's been such a nice mentor, he's been lovely and helping.
Speaker 5: Out on my pants going to split again and she is going to be disappointed, Like, come on, I thought I could trust you.
Speaker 3: He of course designs he you know, he designs the dress and they make a big entrance. And let's have a look at the entrance of Peter Malark and Catinus Epatheen in the big arena.
Speaker 11: When you came out of that chariot, I have to say, my heart stopped.
Speaker 5: Did any new experiences as well? My heart stopped?
Speaker 1: Solid line.
Speaker 5: Now tell me about the flames?
Speaker 3: Are they real?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: In fact, I'm wearing them today.
Speaker 3: Would you like to see?
Speaker 5: Wait, we'll wait. Is it sick?
Speaker 3: What do you think of I think that's a years who do?
Speaker 11: Lovely?
Speaker 5: What do you think of the dress? Love the dress?
Speaker 7: I thought it was a comment on how easily amused and entertained we are, because you know, they come out and they're on fire, and the crowd goes nuts and they don't know who they are, and there's a lot there's a lot of commentary about that, about winning the crowd over and how easy it is, how easy it is to manipulate a population.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, which I know a lot about.
Speaker 3: You say, easily easily abused. I I think if we were at the Logans and somebody walked down and they're dress caught on fire, Yeah, we would be without being an accident. You'd be amazed, would be amazed and impressed, and you'd defend len Kravitz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you would think it was me on the floor with a lighter, wouldn't you? Having let it check this out?
Speaker 3: I think I think that's that's an impressive dress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and such a it's such a nice moment how she says like she's got it with her and you're like, what.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you got it with you? Yeah, and then and then she spins and it's a great moment. Well, what you talk.
Speaker 3: About the entertainment stuff. Apparently the idea came from Susan Colin's watching the Iraq War on TV and like flicking through channels and as the Iraq War and reality TV, so those are the two things we're kind of colliding together to inspire this idea. And then she brings in it's like, you've got the Iraq War as as it's being televised, this water gets televised, You've got Vietnam is there because the conscriptions, there's a Roman feel with the way the capital is set up. I think there's a lot of it's a grab bag of influences in this film.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's influenced a lot of other things. I thought it reminded me a lot of.
Speaker 7: Handmaid's Tale and the way that it's shot and how bleak it looks. You know the Handmaid's Tale if you've ever watched it. Whenever they're walking around the whole the area, every now and then, you just always hear a sound of security going just people talking to each other, and it creates an air of paranoia. Every time you hear that, say, oh, you've been watched And I reckon they might have got that from The Hunger Games because they do that in the soundscape really beautifully. Every now and then you'll hear Walkie talking on and it's like, oh, they're being watched.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice. We don't take questions as well, so if anyone's got any questions about that, you want to ask us or quiz us. And also we're going to do a little quiz soon. So if you think you are the hungriest gamer in the room and you can beat Tom Gleeson in a hard quiz on Hunger Games, just prepare yourself and we'll find the biggest fan.
Speaker 5: Oh that's exciting.
Speaker 7: I mean, you'll probably beat me because I only watched it once two days ago and I had had a few wines, so if the questions are from the second half of the film could be a bit sketchy.
Speaker 3: So there was one scene that you because I hadn't even We've been up there for an hour or so catching up and trying in a way not to talk about the film, so I didn't even know if you had enjoyed it all night how I like to do it. But the one scene that you did ask me to get was the track of Jacks the Wasps. So let's let's have a look at this is pretty early on when they're out in the game, and Malark has joined up with the other gang and they've chased Catnus up a tree.
Speaker 5: For those of you who.
Speaker 11: Don't know, attackers are genetically engineered wasps whose venom causes searing pain, powerful hallucinations, and in extreme cases death.
Speaker 5: Track of Jackets loved it, loved every moment. You love it well, So I live in the country.
Speaker 7: I do a lot of tree lopping, Like I got to cut down branches all the time, and using the other side of a bowie knife.
Speaker 5: Oh what a nightmare.
Speaker 7: I wanted to I wanted to handle a coping saw or something for lopping trees to get through it quicker.
Speaker 5: Because you just like it's it's no good to cut it. She had to cop quite a few bites before she got through it. That's what I liked. She had to punch through it.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I don't I don't live in the country and I never do just stuff like that. But I admired that they actually made us watch her go to all that effort and worked really hard at getting that thing there.
Speaker 5: But it was the best. It was my favorite part of the film. I would have liked it if they played it for comedy not drama at the end though way more of a willfare all time. Somebody running into the tree because the wasp nest should have landed plumb on someone's bed.
Speaker 7: They can't, they can't see, and they're running around and they run and then they run into a tree and fall over, and to be played more for comedy, but also it raised another part of the film that again the alliances that I didn't quite they were very well explained, because I thought they were going to get really clever with the alliances and it was going to be revealed that they are a group for this advantage or that advantage.
Speaker 5: But she ends up hallucinating because she took quite a few bites.
Speaker 7: So she starts to go a bit off air, and then she gets looked after by the young girl who pointed out that wasp nest to her, and she sits with her and when she wakes up, she tells that she tells her, she said, you've been asleep for three days now it's the Hunger Games. She's been a sleep against a log for three days and this girl's just sat next like just knife straight in the neck, like I reckon to be a half hour into sleep. You're gone, like she's asleep anyway, she's not going to know stab but really what she didn't have a plan?
Speaker 5: No, what are you?
Speaker 3: What are you hoping for?
Speaker 5: Like this?
Speaker 3: I want to play another scene. Okay, So this is the scene where she goes, and this addresses that point. This is the scene where they've said, we're going to be generous. You all need something, we're going to live backpacks, come get them basically, and and Catus goes to the grave. Then she's confronted by somebody from another district.
Speaker 8: God, no, where's lover boy?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 8: I see you're gonna help him right? Oh that's sweet. No, it's too bad that you couldn't help your little friend, that little girl what was her name?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we killed her, and now we're gonna kill you, just this time twelve.
Speaker 7: For Yes see, I got a problem with that too, because he's on a roll. Just finish her off too, you just killed her. But he goes, just this one time, there is no other time. If you're going to win the Hunger Games, you're going to kill everyone at some point.
Speaker 1: Just do it.
Speaker 3: But what about the girl who give us a big fucking speech? I know, don't give you love her boy, love a boy, don't fuck off, love her boy, kill her. Well, how many movies have you're seen where you waste time making a speech? No speech, no speech before you kill somebody, kill them and they make a speech. If you want to, you could.
Speaker 7: You could talk to them brages when they're dead, give you big one speech while they're dead.
Speaker 3: Rue was sad when obviously they've had before before them. But Rue her little guardian angel. They take her out and.
Speaker 7: Again by accident. So again they're trying to a portion. They're trying to lay the blame far away from our from our hero.
Speaker 3: If somebody asks you, Tom, if somebody's dying in your arms, they asked you to sing a song? Oh, which which song? Would that be?
Speaker 5: Happy Birthday? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'd sing the hard Quick theme. I don't know what i'd sing to them. That's a really tricky question.
Speaker 3: It's a tense situation.
Speaker 5: It's a big ask. I'm really upset about it.
Speaker 3: The last thing they're going to hear is you sing a song and then you sing horses by Darryl Braithwait or something. So they do a nice thing where they obviously announced that there's a can win the Hunger Games if they're from the same district. Yes, that's a nice little thing they play with. Gives us a bit of hope. They go into the cave, and.
Speaker 7: I had the feeling that it was also about that's about TV production. It was about the TV show. They realized that there was there was a couple still there, and there was a love story that they had created in their reality show, and they thought that if they gave them the opportunity to win together, they might team up and they'd get it would be good for the ratings.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And then they do the nice little thing where they at the end they take that back. They say, no, we've changed the rules. It's almost like Tom, these people can't be trusted.
Speaker 5: People who work in TV. It's exactly what I thought. I loved it and oh yeah, that's a great thing. Then they just took it straight back. That was one of my favorite parts of the film. Yeah, that's what you do?
Speaker 3: Did you think? I mean, what did you think was going to happen? Had you projected? You assume she was going to win, and you assume both were going to get out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because there were sequels. I knew there're sequels, so I must admit a lot of the tension was sucked out of the film for me because I knew that there were three more films to come, because I thought they're going to make it.
Speaker 7: I always knew they were going to make it. Yeah, even when she was being bitten by bees or wasps.
Speaker 3: Even when about the poison berries.
Speaker 5: Yep, they'll be right, they'll be right. Yeah, did you did you?
Speaker 3: It's I feel like The Hunger Games is a film that it's because it's massive success and Jennifer Lawrence becomes a megastar, and I feel like it's watching it back. It's it's harder, it's it's it's it's grimmer than I kind of remember.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 3: But with that said, they do. It's grim for a PG. Thirteen audience, but in the same way when they win, they win and everyone celebrates. Yeah, but there's twenty two kids, yeah, teenagers, teenagers who deserved it. Who will be murdered or it depends on where you're fall But.
Speaker 7: I think of all the bad service you've ever got at McDonald's, Think about all the you know, ignoring you've got from your nieces and nephews are on their phone off, fucking date.
Speaker 5: They deserve it.
Speaker 3: And what did you think of Mentioned Hamsworth? Liam Hamsworth Gail again?
Speaker 5: So this is this is so exciting.
Speaker 7: So I know about Chris Hamsworth, he's Thoor right, Yeah, I didn't know what Liam had done. He's going out with Miley Cyrus. I'm like, how did he work that out?
Speaker 5: You're just trading off his brother's success. Who is this guy? Turns out? Who's in this film?
Speaker 2: All along?
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's good, He's not bad.
Speaker 5: He's not bad.
Speaker 3: He's not bad. Did you feel for him as he's watching he's watching well he are they an item? Can you say they're an item? Before they're going there?
Speaker 5: You feel they're an item? Yeah? And he has to watch the love story unfolded in the TV show.
Speaker 3: And then they're in a cave and they're gonna have somebody's going to hunger games up late, if you know what I mean. Well, I felt moosted by hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: I felt that lim Liam Hemsworth was the perfect person to play that role because he would have like he's missing out while watching someone else do really well, So it would be like it's like him watching thor he would have tapped into that so easily, like I'm oh, here I am missing out, Like its core emotion is fomo. My brother's got a bigger house in Barren Bay than I do.
Speaker 3: Do you think he would have gone to the producers and gone I don't think she would actually choose It's not believable. Look at this, Josh Hutcheson kid, you know he's not happening. I'm a fucking Emsworth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm a Hemsworth. I'm Liam. By the way, I know you've forgotten.
Speaker 3: Hey, does anyone have any questions before I bring somebody up to the go toe to toe with Tom? Anyone any observations about the film? Anything? Obviously we can't cover all of the film, and I don't think we think we've missed or any questions about You want to quiz anyone about you don't have to, Obviously we didn't take any questions last time. Going once.
Speaker 5: Yees, So here we go.
Speaker 3: Donald Sutherland, Yes, is President's You freak.
Speaker 7: Me out there because I've only just seen it and I'm like, oh my god, Donald pleasants must have painted himself like a rock and was lying just.
Speaker 5: Behind the other guy. I had no idea. He was alive when this film was made.
Speaker 3: He was great, and Donald Sutherland was He campaigned for this role. I believe as President Snow And Yeah, very a lot of Ed Harris vibes from Truman Show.
Speaker 7: Yes, I also liked I thought it was very poignant when he said the thing about how the way that when you when you control the population by fear, it's very very effective, but every.
Speaker 5: Now and then you have to give them hope. Well that it was quite a pointed remark, and I liked it. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 3: There was some nice little yeah.
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he gave He gave the film a bit of weight. I reckon that it probably wouldn't have had if he wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I love Donald Sutherland like he mean when I saw a JFK when I was fifteen, I went on holidays in Queensland and my mom dropped me off at the cinema by myself. There was JFK three and a half hour film and I came out just shaking. And that scene when he meets Kevin Costner in the in the one of the parks in Washington and just takes him through the conspiracy. Oh Man I was. I wanted to do something and then I just gone with my life.
Speaker 7: My favorite scene of his is he's an animal House and he sleeps, he sleep He's a lecturer at the at the university and they're playing up at the frat house and Boone's girlfriend who's played by the actress who plays Marion in Raiders the Lost, Karen Allen, and he sleeps with hers. Boone has to deal with it anyway when he The way that you know that they've slept together is he walks into the kitchen and he goes to get something off the top shelf, and he's wearing a shirt and it's revealed that he has no pants on.
Speaker 5: You know, that's Donald Sutherland's ass. That's great moment.
Speaker 3: That'll be the in the in memorium for Donald Sutherland. It'll be that scene for Animal House. Any other questions going once, going twice? Yes, Oh, it's a bloody good question. And Edmunds as Catnus Everdeen?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who would be young Will Anderson as Gail? Who would be Peter Malark?
Speaker 5: I'd have to be Lloyd Langford. There a couple, why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who's that Tommy? Little Tommy Little actually could be Gail. You like that President Snow, Oh, Greg lasses Catinus. Everything actually been being great, President Snow. I would have one of the elder statesmen like at Jack Thompson, Yeah, sensible choice choice, Stanley Tucci, Yeah, Gretel Colleen.
Speaker 7: Or alternatively, you could go a complete other way and just have all the competitors, just like all the stars of Channel nine, and now we've just got to kill each other, like bet at the mcg imagine Richard.
Speaker 3: Imagine Richard Wilkins having a paint his entire head. Though that's a big job. That is a big job. I mean, I love Richard Wilkins. He has whenever you meet him, his head is enormously. It's a beautiful man, but he says enormous.
Speaker 7: He's got a massive head. It's it's it's alarming when you're close to it, isn't it. Yeah, Sometimes you feel like you're being drawn towards it, like gravity. I've seen light disappear into his face. He's because the light bends towards the mass of his head.
Speaker 3: His ears are wider than his shoulders. It's weird anyway.
Speaker 5: I don't know how he does that. His ears hang over his shoulders.
Speaker 3: We love you, Richard. It's been mopping up at the end. All right, who thinks they are the biggest younger Games fan in the room? Who can take Tom glisten on in a quiz the finish the show? Who wants to go head to head? We have a volunteer? Who you dominating here by the many front? Do you feel like you know enough aut Hunger Games? Sir ye who said twenty twenty five?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Come up, come on you out of applause the inaugural you ain't say nothing yet live quiz. Here we go.
Speaker 5: So what's your name? Yelled out.
Speaker 3: Analin Aali?
Speaker 5: And what's your what's your professional analy teacher?
Speaker 3: Anali?
Speaker 5: Teacher, experts subject the Hunger Games. Give her around, applause, make it her welcome. This will be fun. Here we go.
Speaker 3: They're easy questions. Yeah, Analie, and you're a teacher? Yeah, okay, Anali? Have you done the quiz on stage with Tom Gleason before?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, good thing.
Speaker 5: I'll be polite because it's your podcast, Pete. I won't treat it like hard question. What do you secondary or primary?
Speaker 8: I'm a literacy intervention teacher for grade ones and two?
Speaker 7: Okay, you're intervene. All right, so you deal with dead ships? Is that how you intervene?
Speaker 5: You're dead ship? You can't read I'm here? Is that how it works?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, sorry, you forgot that really quickly. Yeah, it's a reflex, and I want to welcome the kids. You're at the back of the room. Welcome kids. All right, use your names as buzzes. You're test your buzzer.
Speaker 5: It works.
Speaker 3: Here we go. They're really easy questions. Okay, give me the name of the person in charge of the second unit of production on the Hunger Games. Oh you need you needn't read the credits?
Speaker 5: No, sorry, okay, scratch that one.
Speaker 3: Scratch that one. Names as buzzers? What ages do you need to be to compete in the Hunger Games? Emily? Twelve to eighteen one point? Annali?
Speaker 7: Right, that's interesting because they say it's teenagers fight to the death. So that's not true because you can be twelve.
Speaker 3: Well this pointing, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I thought they were teenagers. I didn't realize they could be twelve?
Speaker 3: Prim is twelve?
Speaker 5: Really? Okay?
Speaker 3: No bonus points? Okay, nobody, we like the information, but no bonus points. Elizabeth Banks character's name is not mentioned, But what is it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Her name is never mentioned in this movie. Mentioned in the next few Oh, but what is it? I haven't seen the other one looks like Annalie or Tom? Does what you yell about? Effie Trinklet is correct? The audience gets a point and Lee won Tom zero. Audience won. Who wrote the book The Hunger Games? Susan correct? Two points.
Speaker 5: When I was watching it, I was halfway through it, I thought, this is I reckon, this was a book. I'm serious.
Speaker 7: I said it to mye I said, this is one of those books into a film thing, like The Godfather, Because you know, you know, The Godfather was the highest selling book. So you go, well, if we if we got half of those readers to go to the cinema, would make a lot of money. I thought, this has got Dan Brown written all over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no bonus points. Which character was a previous winner of The Hunger Games? Analie Hamish, Hamish Abernathy is correct? You need that answer. You didn't get it.
Speaker 5: I just didn't know the character's name.
Speaker 3: Three points. Anal finished this sentence. No made the odds Annale Anale, I think the audience the ever in your favor. I think that's correct. Yes, four points. We all love an underdog, don't we? But who doesn't.
Speaker 5: Tom Tom me, I don't like an underdog?
Speaker 3: Can you think of a character in the movie The Hunger Games who doesn't like Is.
Speaker 5: It Donald Sutherland's character?
Speaker 3: It is Donald Sutherlan's character. President Snow does not like the underdog? Tom Gleason on the board. How much was Jennifer Lawrence paid for The Hunger Games? A one hundred thousand dollars, B half a million dollars, C five million dollars, D ten million dollars Tom tom ce cee five million incorrect? Anally B five hundred thousand dollars is correct. Yes, she just paid ten million dollars for the sequel? Right? Name the sequels.
Speaker 5: A Tom Tom uh something to do with the mocking.
Speaker 3: Jay, Yes, parts one and two.
Speaker 5: I'll give you that, all right, as an accident.
Speaker 7: There are two of them there there there's one more catching something an arrow.
Speaker 3: Reasonable guess you're gonna get a clue over here.
Speaker 7: Catching a fire, catching a catching fire fires.
Speaker 3: I'm glazed and we'll give you that. Because of the dress.
Speaker 5: The dress links up girl.
Speaker 7: The mind Jay was in the in there and now I understand it all. I'll see how they're linked.
Speaker 5: The You just used to see these posters and bus stops and I don't know what any of this means.
Speaker 3: A fun fact in the is that the arrows whenever you've got an arrow that they were added later. Oh, they're actually shooting an arrow for real, because what happens when your shooting arrow is on set. Whenever you're shooting an arrow, you want to get obviously that shot of the person from the front end, but you can't have somebody shooting an arrow into a cinematographer. Yes, on, how does say married? We had We actually had a sequence where our younger daughter was actually shooting an arrow and we had the It was all put in afterwards. It's oh, it's amazing what they can do. True or false. Jennifer Lawrence is wearing a wig in Hunger Games. False Tom False, I gave you a chance. It's sucking true mate, Oh sorry.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 3: She didn't want them to be messing up with her hair. She had blonde hair. She didn't want experimenting with her hair, so they came up with some very expensive wigs.
Speaker 5: Oh they're very convincing.
Speaker 3: Yes, did they are fictional? This is the last question, okay, and it's worth twenty points to make it interesting so the audience can win and Lee can win, Tom can win. The fictional state in the hunger Gange is called panem and it derives from the Latin panem at circumstance circumstances, which is from the final days of the Roman Empire. What does panem at circumstensus mean?
Speaker 8: Bread and circuses?
Speaker 3: Bread and circuses for keeping the masses satisfied with cheap food and popular entertainment. Analyt is the winner of Orbal You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet Live Birthday edition? Are you ated nothing? Congratulations? Please give at Lee a drink on the way through to her seat. Put it on my tab. You are a fantastic winn to thank you everyone for coming to you. Ain't Seen Nothing Yet is out. Like I said, we've just started doing these live shows. We did one at the festival with Jude. We did one up. This is the first non festival one we've done. We had no idea if anyone would rock up, So thank you very much. Thank you to everyone. Hitt the Bronswi Bory. What a wonderful venue. This is well that Derek ma Is a Cosway Studios could be here. He's my partner in crime on this podcast. Thanks for him and everyone had token for helping out put this together. And of course the one and only Tom Gleason for me, my first guest and my one hundred guests.
Speaker 5: Thanks mate on this show. Thank you.
Speaker 3: And thank you for coming along. Feel free to hang around, have a drink. We'll be loitering around. Come up and say good day and have a selfie and made the odds and the force always be with you. I think, is that right? Thank you very much, guys, Thank you give a pete here again. This is given a studio wrap up of one hundred episod with Tom Gleason. Thanks again Tom, for everybody who came to the Brunsi Ballroom to see one hundred episode. If you ain't seen nothing yet, here's to the next one hundred. But right now I want to read that a letter an email we receive from JJ Leatzos from Milford, Massachusetts in the US of A. And he says, Hi, Peter just discovered the podcast and I love it. Such a fun experience. Seems I'm just starting it. I'm poking around listening to episodes on some of my favorite movies first and obviously hit the Star Wars and Empire episodes early on, which leads me to the real point of this email. When will we get the Return of the Jedi episode with Wah lead A le Thanks J. J. Leatsos, Milford, Massachusetts, USA. Well, JJ, you ask and you shall receive next week. And you ain't seen nothing yet. We complete the original trilogy of Star Wars with the man himself, warlid Ali returning, so you ain't seen nothing yet for Return of the Jedi. We recorded this a few weeks ago, and I have to say, while it has some perhaps unsurprisingly insightful and quite remarkable observations about Return of the Jedi, So for all Star Wars fans, if you want a fresh perspective on a much loved classic, tune in next week because the Force is with while it le Return of the Jedi until then by name, and so we leave all
Speaker 7: Pete save fan soul, and to our friends of the radio audience, we've been a pleasant good name.