Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last.
Speaker 2: Week Airline Welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we all see on our screen. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight into our television industry and our streaming services today. On the podcast, I have two of the contestants from Channel Lines The Block twenty twenty two. It is Rachel and Ryan. This year, the Block took a tree change and immediately saw two contestants run for the hills. With five houses situated on ten acres of land and weather conditions harsher than any season before, It's no wonder. The first week saw the first couple in block history ghost, the popular Channel nine program. So when the going got tough, Ryan got going, turning up in less than two days and making their mark on the highly competitive show. While their scores haven't yet won them the week, many fans have been saying that these two are still in good stead to win a substantial amount of money, and only time will tell. I have to say that after I had this chat, I fell in love with Rachel and Ryan just a little bit more. They're really gorgeous people and super passionate about what they do. It's actually just really quite infectious, and I hope you enjoy this chat as much as I did having it. We will discuss which room might be one of their biggest regrets, who has become friends for life, what they think of some of the comments that are being set online, and also what they think of next year's location. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Rachel and Ryan to TV reload.
Speaker 1: Very tricky question.
Speaker 2: Here's our new couple, meet Rachel and Ryan, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like they got into a negative whether they couldn't got out of.
Speaker 1: Rachel got you care?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I thought when she came in, she walked out, and I thought, my god, what just happened.
Speaker 2: Rachel and Ryan's first problem was the floor.
Speaker 4: Plan, and as hard as it was, I can't see them doing this ever again.
Speaker 2: I think you've got your basics.
Speaker 1: Now go the next level. You know, the crew is just a phenomenal on the block, Like, we're going to be more thankful.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rachel and Ryan, how are you both good?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: How are you fantastic?
Speaker 2: I am so excited to be talking to you because we're well and truly into the competition at this point. Has it even sunk into you two that you managed to make it onto the block? Oh?
Speaker 1: Look, by now it has. By now, it definitely has. We're very aware that we're here, We're very aware that we're exhausted, We're very aware of everything that's happening, but it is still incredibly surreal at the same time.
Speaker 2: I like when I heard the story that you kind of had been told that you weren't going to be on the show, and then I heard that you guys were at the pub having a few wines when the producers rang you and said because I think it was like a Saturday or something, and they were like, can you be here tomorrow? And you've put the wine down and gone, that's commitment if you ask me.
Speaker 3: It was Saturday afternoon and then they called us.
Speaker 4: And they were like, Monday morning, you need to be here, and we're like, holy moly, that's quick, and we decided to work everything out.
Speaker 2: Who was going to take care of like all of the responsibility? Did you make an emergency phone call? Like who took over your lives?
Speaker 1: We were pretty lucky. So I truly believe that a lot of this is very serendipitous because the people that we were at the pub with are two couples who were our best friends, and they couldn't have been that. We couldn't have been with better people, to be honest, they sprang into action straight away. One of my girlfriends, one of my best friends, is a publicist, so she sprung into action. The other one was a financial advisor, so he was like, let's sort all this in because obviously your life stops, you know. So it was we couldn't have been with better people.
Speaker 2: Who finished the drinks for you? That's what I want to know, drink.
Speaker 4: Not only did we finish it, We've got another couple of rounds each to work out the logistics.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something really funny, right, So obviously, first things first, what's most important was I thought I have to get my hair done. Of course, so I'm thinking, how am I going? It's three o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. How am I going to get my hair done? One of my girlfriends is on the phone in. My hairdresser, who blessed her, came in at seven o'clock that night to do my hair, but I'd had too many drinks to drive, so I had to get another girlfriend to drive me all around Sydney to get all the things done that I needed to get done. Because we've been at the pub drinking all afternoon.
Speaker 2: I just could have believe how well, I mean, both of you are very good. Look, I'm just going to say this right now because I've met you in person and it's kind of a bit ridiculous, but you look so calm on the car when you just have a rocking up like it just looked like it was this is how it was supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess, like you know, we kind of prepared ourselves through the journey of thinking that we're going on, So it was only a couple of weeks before we realized that. We kind of thought, well, I don't think we're going on, So we kind of prepared ourselves and then with that thirty hour notice, we got everything under control. But then the plane ride down. You know, we started brainstorming, like we kind of like cycked ourselves up for it.
Speaker 1: I don't I also don't think it was calmness. I think it was exhaustion because we actually didn't sleep the Saturday or Sunday night. And it's so funny. I think in the first episodees Jay says, Yeah, they've got they've got such a better advantage than us because they've slept. We hadn't slept. Oh, We've been up for to nights.
Speaker 3: It was a horrible for to thirty hours.
Speaker 2: You'd had less sleep, you'd had less sleep than everybody else.
Speaker 1: So it was exhausted.
Speaker 4: And we also had three kids that were wanting our attention that we just couldn't give them because we had so much things to sort out before we could leave. That's half the reason why Rachel had to come back after the first week.
Speaker 3: But it was crazy. The thirty hours. It was basically a warm up to prepare us for the block.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're going to put the kids into the home. Did you ever go back and collect the kids, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, No, they're still there. That's why we're so calm now, they're still.
Speaker 2: There, you know, I've got to ask you, do you think it was a disadvantage to be only included in the eleventh hour when it comes to like the competition element.
Speaker 1: Very tricky question when it comes to the competitional element, without a doubt you knows as much as you're not supposed to forward plan. Everyone knew where we were filming, They knew we were in Gisbone, they knew we were on you know, acreage. Very some very smart people, I believe sus doubt who our suppliers were and what different things they could do because some people went in with plans in the second week that there is no way that they would have been able to get had they not thought about it prior, and more power to them. We missed out on the feedback are during the challenge, during the forty eight hour challenge, so that put us on a big disadvantage for our first room firstly. Secondly, and it's something that you know, we never addressed on the show. We went so far over budget in our first room, but that was because we got to the block on the Monday. All of our trades got there on the Tuesday that had already been organized for us. So it wasn't until Thursday when I realized, hang on a minute, these trades have been here for two days. We're actually paying for this THO by that Thursday we'd already gone over, so you know, we spent and that had already been organized for us. In my mind, I was thinking, there must be some kind of agreement here. It's Thursday afternoon. No, no, no agreement. It was up to you to send them home. You didn't. They're all here. You need to pay the bill, and now we're going to talk about how far over budget you've gone the whole time. So look, it was I do think think that it was a disadvantage in us coming in late in terms of the competition. Sure, in terms of our experience on the block, there's been one hundred and sixty i think participants on the block and no one has ever done what we've done, so that's unique. So we got to look at it from that point of view as well. You know, we've had such a unique experience.
Speaker 2: I have to also say, so there was the big controversy about the couple that walked out. You know, let's not mention who they are, but you know, it was a bit of controversy. Do you think that they've had any regrets? And I wanted to know, had they reached out to you to say good luck? Or did you ever hear from them at all? Or were you just as easily ghosted by them as the rest of the competition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't hear from them at all. They'd never reached out to us at all.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't expect them to. But I think we're in Sydney. I was, I was in Double Bay yesterday and I thought, oh my god, what if I see l you know, like I don't expect them to. If I was to, if we were to see them, I would go up and introduce myself and say hello, you know, and thank them because leaving gave us an opportunity. And do I think that they've had regrets? Absolutely not. Oh, and I don't think that they should. I don't think that the show was suited to them. I especially don't think that this season was suited to them.
Speaker 2: I just wish that I could be flying the wall whilst that meeting happens, because you know, it is a small town. You could easily run into them, and I just would not your reactions, but I'd love to see their reactions. But that's the sticky beak in me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a sticky beak too. I'd kind of just want to see a reaction as well, and so should be fine.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day. It doesn't matter because they're often we're on it is what it is, It is what it is.
Speaker 2: I have been really enjoying your style and I think that you have had more of a classic style and something that I can relate to a little bit. And while you might not have excited the judges every week and had these bigger scores, I actually think that at the end of this, when it comes to the buyers seeing the house, then you guys might do very well. Have you coped though through the scoring so far.
Speaker 4: Like we had our ups and downs, and the style that some of the other contestants have been doing and what we thought the judges wanted from everyone is not our style at all.
Speaker 3: We don't like that style.
Speaker 4: We went in there with our vision of what we wanted to build a country style home, and that wasn't it. We changed a little bit for those first that second and third week to try and you know, well, we've got to win some money and we're getting really bad feedback.
Speaker 3: We thought, let's try and change it.
Speaker 4: You know, we've got to give ourselves a chance to try and win some money each week, and it didn't go well. So we got to Master Bedroom week and we're like, you know what, screw this.
Speaker 3: We're doing what.
Speaker 4: We originally wanted to do here. Whether we win or whether we don't, it's how we finished this house and how the flow of the house needs to be very continuous. So we stick to our guns from that room, and I.
Speaker 1: Think as well, you know, with the feedback from the judges, it's two out of three that aren't vibing with our style. Darren Palmer absolutely loves us. He's our biggest supporter. We're also in our minds we have to think about, you know, past history with the judges and you know they hated Mitch and Marx last year. Mitch and Mark won what they're seemingly wanting from us. We think that we're giving it. We think that we're giving a country home. We don't necessarily agree with homes where every single room you walk into and it has to make such an impact. We believe in like a really beautiful, calming, serene feel and that's what we think we're delivering. And you know what, also, at the end of the day, we had to really make decisions where if our house doesn't sell and we have done what we think is best and our house doesn't sell as well as we think it should, well, then that's on us. But if we change what we believe and what our gut instincts are telling us to suit three judges and then our house doesn't sell, well, then that's on them.
Speaker 2: And we know, like you know, Mitch and Mark last year, you know they're at the moment sleeping in bags of cash. So you know, we can't really take all of that to heart. So I guess it'll all come down to it at the end. I know you've already had a fair share of high emotions. You said, you know you had to go home to sort some things out. But what's the biggest hurdle in taking part of this show so far?
Speaker 1: I know what yours is.
Speaker 3: Oh, the biggest hurdle for me is dead set. The cold weather.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it is freezing cold down there, unbearably cold.
Speaker 3: And then and then the mud.
Speaker 4: The mud is just like you know, you're building these beautiful rooms and spaces and not only do you have you know, thirty to forty trades coming through each day, you've also got production walking through and they've all got two inches of mud on their boots, and it's just like, you know, it just never ends.
Speaker 3: It just seems to be mud everywhere.
Speaker 2: Was it you guys that had the slippers in the little bin for people to put on, which no one else did. That to me was a sign of frustration of we have had enough of your money feet in here. You know, this isn't about your comfort, this is about us. Put the fucking slippers on, you know, exactly right.
Speaker 1: But it was also like it's freezing your toes. Everyone had to take their shoes off, your toes will freeze. Have some beautiful, warm, comfy slippers.
Speaker 4: It was the perfect idea because we've got polished concrete throughout most of our modern extentsion And as Rape said, like if you want, no one's going to take their shoes off without slippers on because the claws too cold.
Speaker 1: Well right now, you know, but there's heating. There's heating, there's heating. I'm just crazy.
Speaker 2: I want people to know. That's funny. I went and did like a set tour for people. You know, you guys know that I was there, but I did the set tour. Those shoes that I wore that day are still on my balcony and they are just there blocks of mud, like it's they're just blocks of mud, and so seem to be believed when you try and tell people about the weather conditions. Because I'm still recovering.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a really funny story. So both s J and I had these this one day with our kids where Claire was upset and my kids were upset, and I had been talking to my kids and I came out of my house and I was like walking down our path, my path, and I was really teary. And Sj's walking down in front of her house and she's really teary, and I kind of gave her a big cuddle and we're both crying, and I said to her, it's all right, babe, like, you know, not much longer. We're doing it for them. Blah blah blah. I'm crying. She goes, what are you talking about? And I'm like the kids. She goes, I'm crying because of the mud. I just cracked up laughing.
Speaker 2: That's how bad it was I'm obsessed with Sarah Jane, and it's so funny because she's a little bit polarizing to some audience, where I just think that she's kind of the right amount of batshit crazy for reality television.
Speaker 1: If you asked me, without a doubt, we're very close with Tom and Sarah Jane.
Speaker 2: You could see that with you girls a couple of times. I'm a few episodes ahead. I think I'm about two weeks ahead, but you can definitely see that there's a kinship between you girls, and even though you're both very different women.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's really funny because the Esja was the first person that we met, okay, and I thought when she came in, she walked out, and I thought, my god, what just happened? I had no idea what had just happened?
Speaker 3: Where is this girl from?
Speaker 1: And then the more that you spend time with her, she and you know what, the viewers are starting to see it as well. When she coped the most unfair criticism from viewers in the first few weeks, really really really they went to town on her. And now people are like, didn't like you at first, and now I love you because she just says it. How it is. She's so unfiltered. She wears a heart on her sleep. She has the biggest heart I can confirm she has. People are you know she's she's polarizing. You meet her at first, you're not quite sure. The more you get to know her, the more you know is to love her.
Speaker 2: I like people who are genuine, you know, So I don't care if people are mad. If you're genuinely mad, that's great. I think that's fine. Exactly, I met her and I walked into this room and we were alone, and papasist were everywhere taking us on the tour, and I don't think you were supposed to be left alone with you know you guys. And she was within one minute in a full conversation as though we had been friends forever, and she was confiding stuff into me about you know, telling me about I bet you couldn't believe this, and I don't even I just felt like, to be honest, it felt like I was back in the Big Brother House with a contestant that i'd been in there with for like, you know, three months. That's how immediate that kind of kin, that sort of relationship form.
Speaker 1: So she's a good egg.
Speaker 3: Yah, both good eggs.
Speaker 2: Well, you both have a much calmer approach to the competition. I have to say, compared to some of the others. Do you think it's time some of the other houses play up to the cameras.
Speaker 3: Look, yes and no.
Speaker 4: But the one thing I can say about the block is you go in there and you have no time to be anyone other than yourself. Okay, all you see with all the contestants, how they're reacting, how they are. I know shaz and unks are getting smashed, but there's a certain level of you have to be yourself because you have no time to think about trying to be someone else.
Speaker 1: Yet, Look, I like I agree to a certain extent, like it's the block is a pressure cooker. Sure, it's definitely a pressure cooker, and I feel like, you know, people are being themselves, definitely, but you don't know how you're going to react if you've never been in a pressure cooker like that.
Speaker 2: Sure, so I.
Speaker 1: Think play out for the cameras. The cameras are on his twenty four seven. You know they're on you twenty four seven. I am watching some things where I think, like, God, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Stop?
Speaker 1: There's a camera on you. You know. But then I've seen them. They've got me at sometimes and they're hiding behind different things, and you know, you just and I'm thinking, stop talking, rage, there's a camera on you. But I didn't even know that there was anyone on me, you know, So it's just interesting. I don't know how much is anyone playing up for the cameras. I think the boys play out for the cameras a little bit, you know, but they're very cheeky, and I think once there's a camera on them, that cheekiness just ups. It's anti but in like a fun joking way.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm not laughing with them. The funny thing is like they're laughing hysterically at the jokes that they're making, which are just not funny. But I'm so warm to and diard to them because of that. I'm like, good on your boys. You're definitely having a lot of fun. But I'm certainly not thinking that they're comedians, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like the Boys' motto rarely a lot of the time was to just laugh, you know. I remember having numerous conversations with Omar when something would go wrong, and I'd say, like what you do, like you know with their tilers. We've seen so many things with their tilers, and ye go what you do say, we just have to laugh.
Speaker 4: I remember, I remember Homa said on the bus fun time into judging. He said, if you don't laugh harder at your own joke, then it's not funny. You need to laugh, laugh harder than anyone else.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was frowned upon to laugh at your own humor, but you know, maybe not. I like that. I like that idea. While I was there on the day, you were telling a story about the first day that you turned up and that the camera. I loved this. I'm sure it was your story and that the cameraman all of a sudden they're on the set and you sort of were unsure what to do, and then you sort of felt like you could ask for help, but then you realize, no, yeah, we do now.
Speaker 3: And you're when we got the plans.
Speaker 1: This is that very first day and we just met Scottie and it all happened so quickly. It was such a well wind and we just like literally we landed. We went to the block HQ. We did a big interview where you see us sitting on the couch. They gave us the keys to our ranger and off we went to the block. Scotty was at the gate waiting for us, and then we went to our house. And you know, we have this funny thing on the block where we say, like, one cameraman, you're fine. Two camera men, something's going on. Three cameramen, you're in trouble if there's different crews on you, because it means something's about to happen. And we would have had every camera crew on the block that day on us, so there probably would have been about twenty hive vias, camera crew producers all standing around and it was dead silent. No one spoke to us because obviously they're all filming us, and they're filming our reactions, and we're like where do we go? What do we do? And we're like looking, We're like looking at the different camera crew and they're shaking their head like nope, we can't tell you. Don't look at us in the eyes, and don't look at the camera. We can't tell you where to go. Oh my gosh, it was so funny.
Speaker 2: It was my favorite story on the day from meeting everyone, and I just thought it was so funny because everyone can relate to that. You know, we all go, oh, I'd love to be on the block, But then you know, the transition between watching it on television actually being there is bizarre.
Speaker 1: It's very unnatural, so very bizarre, very bizarre.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you've made lifelong friends out of the others and some of the crew? I guess as well. I mean this experience, do you think you've made lifelong friends? And who do you think you'll be still talking to in say, ten years time.
Speaker 4: Where we've become really really close with House Fine, not only are they just fantastic people. Everyone on the block is awesome. We got along so well with them, but we were close. Our houses are quite close, you know. House Free was the biggest jump from our house to theirs, so it was kind of like a big walk or a drive where we could just walk up to one.
Speaker 3: Rachel and SJ got along so well. Me and Tom just are so.
Speaker 4: Sort of we're the same, like outside of this, you know, when I got to know him about the way we grew up and stuff, we kind of had the same traits and did the same kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So we just both formed this great.
Speaker 4: Relationship about now on the block, like we start becoming really close with them.
Speaker 1: Lifelong friends definitely with everyone, for sure. I would really, really, really hope that in ten twenty thirty years we're all still going out for dinner at some point, you know, because no one will get no one will ever understand what we have gone through except for each other, and even other contestants in past blocks will never understand what we have gone through on this one, because we have had quite a few come to visit who just have got no idea how we've been able to do what we've done. So I think all of us will, fingers crossed, hopefully, remain friends. The whole show's still got to play out, so who knows what's going to happen, But for now, I really hope we all remain lifelong friends, and the same with the crew. That's true what they say about the block being a family. You couldn't get through it without the crew and everyone behind the scenes. They're the ones talking to you at three o'clock in the morning when you've been up for twenty four hours and you're painting green walls and you've got no idea what's going on, and then you know the crew is just phenomenal on the block, like, we couldn't be more thankful.
Speaker 2: Everybody talks about it, you know, in the in the industry, people talk about the crew on that particular show. I mean Jules, who's the executive producer. You know that theory of it comes from the top. He's just such a wonderful person. So I think when you've got someone leading the pack there, then yes, you are going to all have a great experience. I was going to say, you know, it's funny that you say Tom and Sarah Jane because I really like their bickering on the show, which my partner hates. My partner can't. He finds it really stressful, and he says, if we were on a show like this, I wouldn't allow this to happen, you know, And I'm like, oh, but then it makes me wonder about the conversations partners would have before doing a show like this. Did you both make an agreement with anything? Did you say do not fight in front of the cameras or were there anything that you any guidelines that you tried to set for each other.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: No, Well you can't really. I feel like I feel like if you start doing things like that the block is so different. You know, you can't focus. Your whole concentration needs to be on the build that you're doing. So you can't. If you're trying to set guidelines for yourself and how you're going to act and how you're going to be perceived and whatever, the whole thing's going to fall apart. So you just you can't. You just have to go in there being yourself. I love that Tom and Estate. Let me tell you, we could hear them give many times. You could hear screaming at each other like it was crazy. But I love that you know there and it stresses me out. I understand what your partners saying, because sometimes it stresses me out. We're a little bit different. We don't really fight like that. You know. We definitely have had our arguments. Maybe it gives us a chance to have a look on pointing at Ryan for anyone who can't see. Maybe it gives us a chance to be able to look back on these on TV and reflect on how we handle arguments.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast, guys, which I'm very disappointed about because people should really have seen the look that the two of you gave each other. Man, it was amazing, but it is a podcast.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You kind of mentioned as well before about Sharon and Ankor and they've been copying a lot of flak. Can you see why people have been so frustrated by them? And I will sort of put something on top of that. I met the two of them, and they are lovely, Like just I loved them. I just thought they were so lovely, so even I'm a little bit surprised by what I'm seeing on television, you know, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: We absolutely love them.
Speaker 4: When you finally get a chance to get together with the other contestants, we all get along so well, and Chas and Angs as such amazing people. Unfortunately the way that they kind of handle themselves. And at an early stage of the block, I remember Rachel and I sat down with him and kind of spoke to him about, you know, just try and think a little bit more positive. You know, you're only on this for twelve weeks, you know, you don't want to sort of get into this negative rut. And I feel like they got into a negative.
Speaker 3: Right that they couldn't get out of. They were just upset all the time.
Speaker 4: Sharon just got really negative towards the process and the block and crew and stuff, and I really wish they kind of just snapped out of that, because outside of all that, they are generally really really good people and they deserve to get seen on TV differently than what they are right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what I was saying before about the pressure Cooker. Unfortunately, you know, all of us contestants had a phenomenal time together. When we were together, it was laughs and it was jokes, and it was lots of fun, all of us. Because of the just the sheer scale of the block, those experiences are quite limited. So what you're seeing right now is unfortunately the rest of their journey, and you know, it was it was quite It was very hard for them and you're seeing that. And there were fun times were laughing and joking and whatever, but that was limited to the contestants. I feel like when we were all together, and you know, just the past episodes you've seen as well, they didn't come to a few things just because it was so much for them. It's a shame. What like what they're copying online is disgusting.
Speaker 2: You know. And it's funny because Jules said to me, he goes before the show had started, He was like, you know, we have a contestant this year who's one of the best contestants I have had in the eighteen series. And he was talking about Sharon, and you know, it was it is an amazing She's an amazing person for reality television regardless. And I just think that people's relationship as an audience, we need to be smarter about what we're saying to people. It just bothers me that the people who love this show so much will go that little bit further and say what they shouldn't say and critique something they really don't know what's what's real. You know, Well, the thing.
Speaker 1: Is, I do I have to I do think that what you're seeing is real. I don't think you know that things have been edited in conversations. I've edited, It's not that show. But people also need to understand the pressures of the show. They need to understand that that the show, what you're seeing is people under enormous pressure. And even still, even if they you know, they took up twenty fold what's happening right now, and you know they were more upset or they were more angry, they don't deserve what is coming to them online. It is so disgusting, it's so uncalled for, and I just think that you know, where you say people need to be smarter, that's exactly right. Enjoy the show for what it is.
Speaker 3: I should look past.
Speaker 1: It's easier said than that. I've seen comments about us, and you know, you want to right back straight away. You want to defend yourself. And you know, when it comes to those kind of things, we haven't had anywhere near as much, which is what they've had. So I can't imagine how they're feeling right now.
Speaker 2: What's the most outrageous thing you've read about yourself online? That's what I want to know, Like stupid, like crazy? Does anything stayed in your mind that you're.
Speaker 1: Like, Oh, everyone's telling yourself rich, we are so rich? What like they're so rich? Why are they given give it to the battlers? Not giving it to people so rich?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why we're so rich. Come and pay our mortgage, mate.
Speaker 1: It's like they live in one of the most affluent suburbs in Sydney. You've obviously never been to Sydney, Like, oh, it's just so funny, like they're so well off. I've actually started to see it turn out and people are starting to defend us, so that that's been good. But yeah, a lot about just how rich we are, which I just that's the part that I find so funny. We're so we're so rich. I'm hopefully soon, hopefully in a few months, will be check that.
Speaker 2: Guys feel free to say something, you know, when we're sleeping on our bags of cash. But until then, come and pay our mortgage fair enough, exactly if so far, you know, if you could change one of your rooms, if there's one room that you could change and go back and redo, what is that room now?
Speaker 3: It would be our suite because we've.
Speaker 1: No it's our no, no, it's definitely our guest bedroom. That we did on the second week with that green wall, I completely agree with everyone's feedback that the green doesn't go. Unfortunately, when we made the decision for our wardrobes, I didn't get to see. I saw the color of the wardrobe on a sample and then that was it. I saw it for like five minutes and it was gone. So in my mind it was a blue green, and it's a brand new color. So it wasn't even on a website. No one could give it to me. So in my mind, it was a blue green, and then we've painted that wall that blue green peacock green, and then our wardrobes have been delivered and I'm like, oh my god, it's a different color. So Redoo room, Like, we're coming in hot. If we get a redoo room, We're coming in hot.
Speaker 2: That did you also read? An interesting question to talk to you about is that online there's been a bit of a reveal as to the block next year being in Hampton, and then you think about we had it in Hampton last year and now we've had this big tree change. You know, what would you have preferred? Would you have preferred this ridiculous tree change on ten acres or would you have preferred more of a suburban cul de sack like looking at where it might.
Speaker 4: We want we want this one. We want the hardest block there's ever been. We want the we want the rural property. We love that we one day want to build our own, you know, holiday house down in the Southern Highlands Way of Sydney, Like this is something that Rache and I would actually love to do one day. So this is perfect for us, and as hard as it was, I can't see them doing this ever. Again because it was so big. The weather conditions made it harder, but you know what, it just like it was. It was crazy and we we're so glad we're.
Speaker 3: A part of it.
Speaker 1: It's funny because that we all saw that, the contestants saw it. We all have our own little chat happening, and it got set through in the chat, and I think Tom was like, we could knock that over a nine week we wouldn't need twelve. Get us all in there and we'll get it done quick.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 2: I would love to see that, guys. I'd love to see you guys come back, like you know, do get the same contestants back for a second year. I mean, you might have a breakdown at the end of it, but it would be interesting to see the comparison, you know, level up.
Speaker 1: I think we don't do it. We'd love it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: At this point into the series, it's very hard to do because you know, the Block is an interesting show. No one can really know how much money people are going to make. But who do you think is going to walk away with the most amount of cash? If you're looking into your crystal ball, clearly we don't. You know, I'm not going to hold you to this.
Speaker 1: We will, without a doubt, Okay, without a doubt, it will be us. Without a doubt, we will. It will be us putting it out there into the universe. We're going to walk away with so much money and we're going to win it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: This is something that I ask everybody who joins the podcast, and that is what is something from behind the scenes from your experience on the show, something that we as an audience won't see, kind of a behind the scene secret of the block from you know, from your time on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't tell these ones.
Speaker 1: I know I can give you one that is just so funny that like, so at the very beginning, when none of us had support it, so we were we had the porterloose and we're all making our I think it was like our first bathroom or whatever, and we're so we had the frames of our house. So when anyone needed to, like we in the middle of the night, you just if you're a girl, you just hold on to the side of the frame and we off the side of the house. And if you're a boy, you just were off the side of the house. And we didn't realize until a couple of days in there, go pros everywhere, so we're all we off the side of the house, go pros everywhere. So that's a little bit of a BCS hope we would ever make the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah TM, I too much information, very much, guys. I think you guys are so fun to watching the show. Are you doing so well? Well, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I know a lot of my friends that are watching the show are loving you on the show as well. Good luck with the rest of the competition, and just enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Thank you so much for having us.
Speaker 3: It's so fun.