Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Bunniest I do it for me.
Speaker 2: I'd rather a good looking head.
Speaker 1: I like jar jar being is so hot. My tongue and throat is on fire.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did we do those hot chips yesterday? I actually got told off by my wife. Get this, I didn't know that my wife is currently good morning, by the way, good morning. I didn't know that my wife is in the broce that I'm not redoing the my life assurance and health insurance at the moment right.
Speaker 3: Actually, she's got to wait to the document a sign before you give yourself a heart attack.
Speaker 1: With you she said, there was She was speaking to some guy, yes and on the phone who was going through They were assessing the risk involved in my work, and so well, it's a pretty sort of low risk job. He sort of drives the work, sits in the studio on leaves and the guy went, I said, it was showed. There was eating this really hot food, struggling to speak, And my wife went, now, I don't think he was doing he must have to It was that the wrong show call? You back, what the hell are you doing this for? All right? Now? Is this a regular thing? I went, it's just because we were told not to eat them? How did we eat them?
Speaker 3: I would love if it's a regular thing, and it's.
Speaker 2: Morning Hot Challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yesterday, If we want to know why, I was struggling to speak there and Jack and I was because at eight thirty yesterday we thought, well, let's just do it now because there's only half an hour left on a show. Patsy mentioned on Monday Show how although it was Tuesday, the days all blend into each other at the moment. Hey, by the way, happy two hundred days in lockdown is let's go out and celebrate that her husband Chris had got these hot ships that were so hot that the actually builders the world's hottest cornship. Yeah, and on the back it says, if you have an existing cardiac condition, do not have these and skull and crossbones everywhere. Soon as bacsually mentioned that, I said, bring them in. I'd love to try that, and so Jack and I did yesterday. It turns out they are as build and advertised, so hot. How someone has an entire packet? You actually did Chris a big favor Patsy. They were still ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Isn't it hard to breathe? Yes, because the more you breathe, the more you gave flight, like you built the flames at the backyard, throwed.
Speaker 1: Up even the sort of dust in the studio. I had to take the remaining bowls of chips that were left in here once we were sort of settling down a wee bit out, because even even just feeling it in the ether was horrific. Yes, so yes, I didn't know that just after we're doing that, that my mofe was actually talking to an insurance company. And now now it has to be reviewed. They want to review the danger and I had to I've actually now got to put an email together to another adult to say I won't this was a one off. I don't do. I'm not dangerous. I am not a dangerous DJ. I'll have no more hot anything just mile from me now, sir, please lower my premium. This is a low risk job. There is no there is no risk involved in this. Jackie boy, how was your day yesterday? What do you get up to? More painting?
Speaker 3: Well? Talk about the days all blending into each other. I think the dates and days are all a wash. Now I missed my completely missed my anniversary. Not the wedding Sunday. It was the do you guys celebrate the anniversary of the day you first met?
Speaker 1: No, no, because we've forgotten what day. Well, all I know is it was a fact. I know it's either ninety six or ninety seven.
Speaker 3: You don't even know the year, least the nineties.
Speaker 1: I know the decades. I know we're in about twenty months. Okay, we did. For the first couple of years, it was very, very important to my wife should always go down todays. I'm surprised you haven't said anything, and I'd always panic, what have I done wrong? Now I haven't even had the hot chips. And the first couple of years it was a very it was more important than our wedding anniversary.
Speaker 3: I think the day you met is more important because it's the day that really changed your life.
Speaker 1: October, Oh, would out the game? How Christiaan when he met his wife. It's the ninety six or ninety seven, I know that much.
Speaker 3: We December December ninety two, well done, just before Christmas. It was well we would have spelt celebrated.
Speaker 1: By the way, Why did you say, well done, it's still together.
Speaker 3: Well done for remembering.
Speaker 1: People do that when you go when I tell it, bring me married twenty three is Jesus well, but they get that, oh that is all same one second or third one people do that saying it on a stand up gig and actually people started coming up, what you're for? That is what we couldn't do that on our third go to what you missed the anniversary of the meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so ten years on Sunday was the day. Well done the ten but bank missed it as well, so neither of us got in trouble. But we just one.
Speaker 1: Lovely way for you to introduce what that day is, the significance by describing it's all the days just blend into one. It's so nice get a car today and to say it's olders nded into one. The last ten years.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So ten years ago, yesterday you met your now wife? Yes, I was asking couples this question, right, because you get some amazing stories on us. Please share with everyone how you met. It's actually a really sweet story.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Ten years ago I was on Hamish and Andy's Gap Year Season one and we were in New York, and I was.
Speaker 1: In a timeline by the way, the New York run because I first met you and the boys properly when you came to the UK for the London Field.
Speaker 3: That was the next year to London twenty twelve, we did the euro gap year and New York was the first gap year TV show there.
Speaker 1: That was some been amazing. So how long were you in New York for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just a kid. We were there for six months. Extremely expensive way to make a TV show. They stopped doing it like that. They realized, oh, let's just film them all together and then go back to Now.
Speaker 1: Look at poor Andy Lee. You know he's working on Zoom and Hamish is working in the realm of Lego. What happened to those guys suddenly? Who knew you're the glory guy?
Speaker 3: The days of sending a whole production team.
Speaker 1: Over to you to throw so much money at stuff.
Speaker 3: We lived in a hotel for six months where they would actually come in and like change your bed sheets every day and put a little chocolate on the pillow. For six months, it's nothing to think about.
Speaker 1: Were they also you goes doing the radio show as well as a TV show? Back to Australia.
Speaker 3: No, they so they stopped the daily show by then and we were just doing once a week dipping our toe in on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Had to do still picking up all the money. Smart move, smart move.
Speaker 3: So I was in one episode where they did a prank on me and in this gap year thing, they had me guarding a car outside the house and they played this prank where two guys came up and stole the car from me.
Speaker 1: Did you know anything about it?
Speaker 3: I know nothing about it.
Speaker 1: What did you do? I've not seen that? Yeah, so I had to dig it out. It must be when we get hold of the footage of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think they thought that I would just lay down and let them steal it. It could be in a week, kid, But I actually.
Speaker 1: Killed one of them the last time they did pranks.
Speaker 3: To sleep, so I did quite well. I did stop stop them from stealing the car.
Speaker 1: I need to know what did you do?
Speaker 3: So I just stood like, so this.
Speaker 1: Is is ten years ago. You're not a strong boy. Not you are now.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: What they did is like they tried to sit in the car and start it and I sort of wedged myself between the guy stealing it and the steering wheel, and I said, no, you can't have it. It's for a TV show. And I kept saying that and looking back on it, he didn't actually look like a robber. It was just a guy with a cap backwards and a skateboard under his arm. You know, TV's.
Speaker 1: Versions come straight from Central Casting.
Speaker 3: TV's version of a bad guy. So Bianca was just by chance in the audience of that TV show that night. She was living in New York. A friend of hers worked on the show and invited her to come along to the taping of it. And I met her in the green room.
Speaker 1: Someone's working in the green room. I don't work on the show. I am the show. Did you see my prank? But did you see what I did with that car? The old wedge between me and the carman shield sacrifice? I'm Jack Post.
Speaker 3: But it was just by luck. I was kind of a hero because I stopped the robber from stealing the car. So I walked back into the green room.
Speaker 1: She met you, thinking this guys, tough guy.
Speaker 3: I walked in there and everyone was like, bravo, bro stop, He's the strongest man alive. And she would have been looking at huld resist so we got talking that night. Actually thought she was with a workmate of hers. I thought that was her boyfriend. So I wasn't trying to flirt with her. I was just talking to her naturally.
Speaker 1: And then I saw the you old dog, he knows how to play it.
Speaker 3: I saw the workmate go home, and I said, isn't your home with your boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Used here?
Speaker 3: No, that's not my boyfriend. So then I started to try and like pull some moves.
Speaker 1: On her here, perhaps your kind of moves well, bundering into the van or what do you mean?
Speaker 3: The saddest part of the story is I did try to kiss her on that night and she pulled her head away.
Speaker 1: Who'd want the anniversary of that creep with his braces coming When you're in the green room, you don't pull back. Okay Weinstein post who said that? But so what happened? Harvey? Sorry? Jack?
Speaker 3: So then, besides the false start the eyes I did, we did keep talking and we did actually form a great bond.
Speaker 1: But didn't you walk her home?
Speaker 3: And then I walked her home pushing a bicycle, pushing my bicycles.
Speaker 1: I love this, But the story the hero but on a bicycle, an eco hero.
Speaker 3: And then we did realize it's too far to walk to her house, so I got her a cam and then she said, well you can come as well, So I put my bike in the back of a cab.
Speaker 1: Is a cumbers in meeting already with you were it's going to be slightly awkward with this guy. From my relationship with you. There's me and there's always some other thing, either a bicycle or can I just need to go and get this or can you fit that in? There's that?
Speaker 3: And she said, and no funny business will happen back at the house, and she did. She built a pillow fort between us.
Speaker 1: My wife and I did them off first say she built no funny missess, and built like a Berlin wall on the left and right side of the bed. Were you able to breach the for I'm not discussing that, gentleman never tells.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just been aware that today is two hundred for us here in Melbourne, day two hundred of combined days in lockdown. Do you remember in the early days. Do you remember in the early days of lockdowns and hey days, it's a bit of fun. We were waving each other, taking your bins out once a week.
Speaker 3: It was a great novelty. I remember in Lockdown one.
Speaker 1: Was this John exciting, isn't it? And also remember I'm sure a lot of people did this where you were like, I'm going to use this time thing, I'm gonna have online guitar lessons and learn a language. I'm now thinking about what actually have I done for we achieve I dread to think what I've spent on uber eats. I could have got a living kind of Spanish guide to actually teach me the Spanish guitar and the language.
Speaker 3: But you're right, lockdown projects was actually a phrase we used last year. We don't use that anymore. No one bothered to do any.
Speaker 1: No one even says, which have you learning it? If you set yourself a goal or anything like that, you don't even mention it right now? All right, So we've got some emails, emails that have come into the show. We call late to the party late. I would actually love to speak to someone. See we could just buy one person by the end of the day show who has used the last two hundred days to go from knowing no language or no musical instruments actually said, do you know what I am the only person in the city that did have a goal and achieved it. If you know anyone, unless you please call us by nine or four one four, one oh four three. First this morning that we have Terry on yesterday's show we were doing maker say wow, do you remember the guy talking about the sink Kilda Cemetery. Yes, and body decomposing If you didn't hear it yesterday that I'm really that's a shame I missed that. A guy calling in about sink Kilda Cemetery and the decomposing body fluids running downhill.
Speaker 3: Into somebody's basement. Yeah, so much so that they had to close off the basement because of the smell.
Speaker 1: Ilmost don't want another email on this. I don't know why have I decided to start with this one as well? Anyway? Uh, Terry subject heading stench from cellar next to sink Kilda Cemetery. Can't I have a spam fielder any mentions of stenches and cemeteries? Can those emails be siphoned off? Listen to the radio this morning eighteen August very specific I had a call to talk about the stench and the cellar. A client of mine has a boarding house downhill from the cemetery. If you don't know sink Kilda Cemetery, people now, because we have people listening all over, straining, all over the world, they must think that the sink Kildo Cemetery is built the only series on the top of a really bigger hill, the highest point in Melbourne. I'm not even on the hill, the slope, but at the top. So the dead people just the ghost roll down hill, woo rolling down anyway? Well, well, yes, a kind of mine has a boarding house downhill from the aforementioned cemetery, Saint Kildo cemetry and the house was built in the late eighteen hundreds. Underground is a bricked cellar with a drain flowing through it. The owner who lives there, the family has owned this house for three generations, showed me once the cell and told me that this water has never stopped flowing in anyone's memory.
Speaker 3: Oh is that to do with the cemetery.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was hoping that one of you smarter than we can make sense of that final line, because I looked at it this morning at half five and went, I don't know the significance of that final line. I know if it's too early and I'm too thick. If anyone else who can decipher this and go actually going into what he means by that is, I don't know what that means. Once the more show me the cell and told me that this water has never stop flowing in anyone's memory.
Speaker 3: Ghost water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian Jack and Batsy first one say and enjoy the show every day. Reason for my email is I heard a guy on the show this morning saying that Richie Sambora is a better singer than John bon Jovi. Will be doing a feature yesterday. There I've said it where you could give us your unpopular opinion and end it with their I've said it. And on the first call is where if we'd have brainstormed like one hundred things there people were going to say about unpopular opinions. Yes, someone called in saying that he hated AFL and it sucked. Never would have guessed that someone would have stuck up for Richie Sambora in there. I've said it. I have been saying this to everyone for the last twenty years. Don't get me wrong. I love John, but Sambo voice, guys is amazing. I have all of his albums too, so do my daughters in their twenties. They've been raised on Richie brackets, not John bon Jovi's voice. They also adore him. I was so happy yesterday to someone else saying what I have known all along. Stay safe everyone, Thank you. That's from Linda. All right, we've got some audio here, right. This is an isolated vocal, so just a voice of John bon Jovi. She says, we got a hold on to what we've got.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make a difference of form, making on that we got each other.
Speaker 1: And that's a lad for love. We'll give it a shot, a heavy way. There live a press. It's brilliant, he's great. It's a great rock and roll singer. That New Jersey Springsteen is idol. He's got amazing bikes. Pray, Let's go to Sambora, mana whom I have.
Speaker 6: Yollo if I give you your chang, another man who's a human joke Chrissy, don't exist than another.
Speaker 1: Who is better as we've got a or Sambora more soul, cry rock and roll, bluesy voice like Richie. I'm edging Sammora, have you all right? Listen? In an eleven days time, who's calling Christian starts again. Right, it's on. Now you're already messaging celebrities saying can you call Christian? And the reason is you can offer them twenty five thousand dollars to call me. One celebrity at the end of this, by your votes will win twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. You get twenty five thousand dollars for getting that celebrity. Ask Richie Sambora to come on so we can actually give them kudos that he's never Finally.
Speaker 3: Or do we speak to John and say, did you ever fear that Richie singer in the band?
Speaker 1: We've got two inroads. Now let's get hold of John bon Jovi. Maybe at the ideal situations they have a live sing off. We hear John bon Jovi Living on a Way, then we hear it as we should maybe should have. I've heard it. Sambora also does Living on a Prayer. If you want to find out more details about who's calling Christian, it's all up on our website, the Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Well, Christian o connell's Show podcast got a.
Speaker 1: Very excited email from one of you yesterday Tim McGrath, thank you very much. It cheered me up at just after the show yesterday subject heading Fast and Furious ten is happening. This is news that I actually excites me. That you guys know me well enough to know I know someone who needs to hear this right now. Thank you, Tim McGrath. They consider you a friend.
Speaker 3: But not surprising at all. They're going to that franchise will make it to one hundred, the first film to make it to one hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope so I have live long enough to see them all there. I'll be finding them even for my deathbed, buying tickets for Fast one hundred and one. By the way, yesterday after you left, right the team and I were talking about Fast Furious okay as fans call it, And my dream is that you would agree to do a podcast with me where we go through all the movies me up and then we talk about each one one by one. I do consider. I've even got a working title, not so Fast, not so Furious, that's the working title. Will you Relea's considered doing a podcast with me?
Speaker 3: Don't you think the novelty you wear after episode?
Speaker 1: There's no novelty with them there's just greatness. They are generally well made action movie.
Speaker 3: I do remember months ago now I promised you that I'll watched Past nine and I have never done that.
Speaker 1: He's just considered it okay anyway. Tim McGrath emailed me in his excitement. His opening line here, exciting news christ Church. Now, I do get quite quite a few different spelling variations over the years of my name christ Stayine. I've had a couple of times, which I don't know if that is actually deliberate. I've had Chris connor, Daniel O'Donnell, which he doesn't even it sound like Christian O'Connell. But I've never had Christian. Especially in Australia, it's been shortened to Chris so or just chrisp. But I've never had christ Church. And that also says Tim's so excited thinking he has to I want to be first here. He's not even no proof of this, says that chat. There's only two lines in email. It just says exciting news christ Church, fast fear is ten is happening. Thanks Tim. He didn't even have any time to say a bat that. He's added extra letters. It's longer who is called christ Church? Anyway, I put this on in Scome yesterday and I was wondering, if people obviously get their names misspelled, what do you always get? Because if you do get this, it'll be a regular thing. Ali Cooper chrisse and my name is Ali Cooper. I always get Alice Cooper. It happens so much. Is no longer cute nor funny. I've got nothing against him, although when I was little in the seventies I had a dream that he cut my elder sister's head off. It's too much information. This is what happens with comments, isn't it all the things I just asked you? You get your names misspelled. I once answered the phone at work with hello, this is Nick, to which the guy went, yeah, good day, Steve christ and I'm Fiona Brock. I get Fiona Brooke, Fiona Rock my favorite checking into a hotel once in Sydney that had my name down as Biona Frock. That isn't even someone's Christian. And my name is Mandy. I get Maggie, Wendy, Amanda, Many, Nancy and Tammy. I'm Linda, but I get Wendy all the time, even when I answer the phone, Hello, this is Linda, I do get a lot. Is that Wendy. My name's Dave. I've had dev dav da e Ve, which is what deve. They're all making me feel Scandinavian. If people do regularly mispronounce your name, please let me know.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we were doing our aight z of the eighties. Now this week it was all about the letter M, and I was telling Jack and Patsy about this. Well, everyone widely regarded in TV circles as the worst sci fi TV show ever made, And when you think about that, that's an honor because they've actually been quite a lot of shoddy sci fi movies. And I think if everyone was into being in a TV show that didn't go very well, I think most fun to be in a sci fi because people go to all the effort, don't they, And you got those costumes and a lyudicrous store that you got all that effort and it still sucks. I think that's an incredible honor. And they're all talking about a TV show called Manimal but that I loved back in the eighties. But I was only think at about eleven years of age. I didn't think it was terrible. I thought maybe this could happen, that a guy could actually turn himself a human man Dr Dr Jonathan Chase could turn himself into an animal. He's a shape shifter. In the eighties, no one at the TV network went, what do you mean as a shape shifter? He could he would transform himself to an animal to help the police solve crimes. Okay, and the trail says it all.
Speaker 7: Doctor Jammer than Chich, wealthy, young hands.
Speaker 1: That is so eighties, wealthy, young handsome. Don't worry everyone, He's not poor. That is an eighties thing, decades of money excess. Ang, if it's a poor person, I'm not buying that they can stare at their hand and turn into a hawk. A rich guy, though, I'm in.
Speaker 7: Doctor Jammer than Chichen, wealthy young man with the brightest of futures, a man with the darkest of pasts, from Africa's deepest recessions to the rare bid pics of Tibet's verified biggest father's legacy and the world's darkest mystery.
Speaker 1: You must have faith. And so yesterday you went to watch some of this all up on YouTube. Check it out. We haven't got a lot of things to do at the moment. Check out Manimal. The biggest thing you'll say is that it's shoddy.
Speaker 3: It's terrible, so bad.
Speaker 1: I watched quite a few bits of it yesterday. How did he get made? So?
Speaker 3: The episode I watched was a Bulgarian diplomat who was using his diplomatic community to run a smuggling ring and the Americans couldn't arrest him.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of that story done, by the way, I think in all TV shows it was smuggling rings and people misusing their diplomatic community.
Speaker 3: Never at one point that I thought, this isn't a crime that the police could do. There has to be an animal who takes down the Bulgarian diplomat.
Speaker 1: It's a real Since it came out in eighty three, none of the police forces all over the world have thought, if only we can get an elephant out with this crime, we'd find out who did kill Jfka. There was a panther here or a hawk.
Speaker 3: So manimals first transition is to follow the diplomats.
Speaker 1: And by the way, what about that bit I was turning about yesterday where when he's about to change into an animal shape shift, he just stands at the back of his hand. He gets sweaty, and he got his eyes bolted.
Speaker 3: It takes so leg they use I think they were so proud of the special effects they were using a lot.
Speaker 1: Is just a bolting hat.
Speaker 3: Let's use five minutes of the whole program to do his transition sequence. So he's turning into a hawk. It's the most disturbing footage you'll ever see.
Speaker 1: It because whatever anyone's spine would basically pop.
Speaker 3: And his mouth started to turn into a beak. It's really disturbing, and it's really slow.
Speaker 1: This is a TV show that I watched as a kid.
Speaker 3: And then they spent Then he's a hawk, all right, and we know now it's just a hawk that they've got flying in the sky.
Speaker 1: They go, no, it's doctor Jonathan Chase, wealthy, young successful.
Speaker 3: Cut from the hawk to the car, to the hawk to the car. This is another three minutes of the episode from the hawk.
Speaker 1: It's longer than the Irishman. Just that scene.
Speaker 3: And then I don't understand. So he does become a panther in the end. I bet he becomes a panther every episode.
Speaker 1: It's his favorite one was always the panther even if it was that, it doesn't make any sense of a panther here.
Speaker 3: So to corner the Bulgarian diplomat, at the end of the episode, he becomes a panther. I don't understand why an officer with a gun couldn't be doing the same.
Speaker 1: He's already cornered him. He's not going anywhere. He doesn't need the backup panther. Come on, VIC police and only patrolling playgrounds at the moment. Get some panthers on board.
Speaker 3: And then the Bulgarian diplomat is begging the police to lock me up. I waive my diplomatic rights of community because I don't want don't leave me here with the panther.
Speaker 1: The power of the panther.
Speaker 2: B you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Very very excited. We are on this show about who's calling Christian And although it starts properly, I guess with for you getting celebrities to call the show in eleven days time the week after next date for dire please it's the Monday, the thirtieth of August. I believe it's already happening. You are already asking celebrities to give me a call. I tell you why now, who calling Christian? This is radio with our safety net. This makes me nervous every single time we do it, and I can't wait already. I'm excited about it. You ask celebrities to call us and the icebreaker is that they can win, and they do win. This year it's bigger than ever before, twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice, just a one phone call to the show wherever they are in the world. Last year we have people like Ricky Gervais, Bill Bailey calling from the UK. We've had James Corden calling from his office in LA before doing his chat show. Because you've asked them. They do read your message. They do have charities that they're affiliated with, whether it's starts in the eighties, nineties or big stars from today like Chris Hemsworth or Living Newton. John our first winner two years ago, twenty five thousand dollars. This year, I think is even bigger than twenty five thousand dollars. In that I mean that we all know what life is like right now for us here in Melbourne. So many of you, so many of your friends, are just having the worst times real serious worries about money. How are you going to get through each month? Twenty five thousand dollars for charity is a huge amount of money. That same amount of money goes to you, twenty five thousand dollars forgetting that celebrity, whoever it is, to call the show, and they do call the show, they have done, they will do this year. The only thing stopping you from winning that money is not actually risking it and actually taking part and playing the game. And you've got your phones. We're on them a lot during the day anyway. Why don't you send a couple of messages. Think about who you loved in the eighties. You know who you loved in movies or TV shows. We're working our way through and the eighties out of the eighties or the nineties, or your favorite sports style. Now, wherever they are in the world, they're on your phone, they're on Instagram. They love chatting to fans, they love telling us about the charity work that they're doing as well. Use that message them, let them know. A quick phone call over us here in Lockdown Melbourne, number six could help you get twenty five thousand dollars. It's a way for them to give back and raise a when I sent a lot of money for the charity of their choice. It almost began yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yesterday ten you called in. She said, I've been fishing for celebrities and I've already got a nibble from Rachel Griffiths, who of course we know from Mural's wedding Brothers insists six feet under six feet and we said, well it doesn't start. There's still eleven sleeps ago till the competition starts. So whole onto ratio.
Speaker 1: I said eleven days. You said eleven sleep So that's the difference between us grown up and a child doing a radio.
Speaker 3: Eleven sleep makes it sound more like Christmas.
Speaker 1: Christmas is.
Speaker 3: So tenure, keep Rachel Griffiths on the fishing line, but don't really in yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right. So what we do are doing this week, and we will do this is next week, is just give you some the kind of people that we would love you to ask to see if they could call the show. So serv on this week. We've heard about on Monday Patsy so that she'd love the actor, was it Peter Gallagher, Sandy from the oc here with the big one Mono brow eyebrow, but good looking guy, a stud been in lots of different TV shows, but I guess best known from the OC. And also Patsy also said that she'd love a ninety nine year old woman to call in Betty Why, Bessie Why? Yes? Yeah? Do you know what? I've seen people actually messaging her on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 3: I I reckon she.
Speaker 1: Was her name is online. I don't know whether it's actually a ninety nine year old sliding into her own DMS. And I'm going to share now who I would love if you could get this person to call the show. Never actually interviewed them. And I remember once getting really upset. I was leaving my old radio show, and like a lot of radio shows, we're owned by people that own a couple of radio stations. And in this building there's another breakfast show just down the corn doing their breakfast show right now. Same where in London where I came from, there there was another rival breakfast show right And I remember leaving one day after my show and I saw Steve Guttenberg getting out the lift going into their show for pre record interview, and I remember my producer went, oh, we were hoping you'd have left by now.
Speaker 3: When someone says no, they won't do your interview, but they're going to be in the building anyway, that's a deep.
Speaker 1: I'm actually rolling my stomach now with the straits. It's still a deep scar that Rival Breakfast show as well. It was Ronan flipping Keating, not even a DJ, not even a singer. But anyway, let's not get into that. Please get me Steve Gudenbog Steve are doing interview better than Ronan Keating. I loved all the four Police Academy movies, of course, Steve. I know that you left after Citizens on Patrol. That was pleasing getting me number four. I loved you in Short Circuit Cuckoo. Steve Gutenberg, he is a chatty catty on in Instagram. He loves chatting of fans.
Speaker 3: Bold of Police Academy to kick on after Steve Gudenberg did they make there?
Speaker 1: Was there a five, five, six, and eight, And let me tell you now, diminishing returns. They're already getting flimsy by two, three, and four were stretching and are already breaking premise. I think Mission to Moscow was five and then Miami one was six, and they were some terrible ones. However, the first two were to me the funniest comedies of the eighties. Amongst them any way, I love them and Steve Gonger do you remember Patsy? You must have loved them in Three Men and a Baby.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that was a good one. But you know he's in the Goldbergs as well, of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's had a couple of little walking roles in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he plays the crazy science teacher. He's brilliant in it.
Speaker 1: To talk, got the twinkler in the eye and the dimples. Yes, that's what I'll ask him. This has got a great interview. Steve has still got the dimple, still got those twinkly eyes. Have you have you seen any of the greats what I call him the Goot? Have you seen any of the goots work? Jackie?
Speaker 3: I've seen some of Police Academy. I got a feeling like a guy with.
Speaker 1: I wish I could be you right now and not seeing a single scene of that great comedy. Watch it this weekend with your wife.
Speaker 3: Watch Police Academy one and okay to watch it one if I like it too. If I like it three, I'll keep going.
Speaker 1: Into all right, Jackie, boy, who would you love to be calling the show for us to chat to.
Speaker 3: Hey, we got to not let this fish off the hook. Dean Boxell. We loved him the Olympics, of course, the coach of Arianna Titmus, who humped the railing at the Tokyo.
Speaker 1: Olympics may some of the opening lines, was very excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was very excited. He became a meme all across the world. Before we lose that touch point with Dean Boxel.
Speaker 1: Here on the show. You're right, let's not let the team box up Dean Boxell love call too soon. Let's get him on the show, all right? Coming up next time, we're telling a few other things you need to know about who's calling Christian and also the most important thing the phone.
Speaker 2: Number the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, then, who's calling Christian. We're getting excited. I hope you are as well. Asking celebrities to call the show in how many sleeps? Eleven sleeps to go great. It's actually fifty thousand dollars is up for grabs, twenty five thousand dollars to the celebrity that wins it all due to your votes at the end for the charity of their choice, and you also get twenty five thousand dollars for messaging them asking them to call the show. That's all you need to do. You might as well send them a message as many celebrities as you can. Why not. It's a lot of money. And celebrities do read, they do interact with the fans, whether you see them on Twitter. I mean, I don't know how poor Dave Hughes has any time to do a radio show. Did you know he's highly trained in immunization. I mean, god, he's right here. Why aren't the VIC government getting him out there to do the press conference?
Speaker 3: Wasted on Twitter?
Speaker 1: It really is. It's like Dan do Less, Just bring on day Fuse. But anyway, they are on social media platforms chat to fans and stuff like that, and they're on them even more than there because obviously some of them aren't working as much as they were. They can't do or they can't do much because of COVID. So over the last two years of doing Who's Calling Christian? Here are some of the bit we've had from all over the world mentioned in the people that did actually get them to call who Calling Christian?
Speaker 4: Christ?
Speaker 8: This is delivering it.
Speaker 9: John Ryan Stewart nominated me and he's a Chippendale and my married Algian Vegas.
Speaker 10: Hello Christian, it's James Cordon.
Speaker 1: Charlotte Keeley send me the loveliest message.
Speaker 8: It's Girl Falcon from Big Cat Rescue and Tiger Kings, Higer King. I'm so happy that Paula Musigin reached out to me and told me all about this.
Speaker 11: This is so fun.
Speaker 1: It's Bill Bailey phoning from London. How did you hear about this?
Speaker 9: Fan?
Speaker 10: Contacting me via my Instagram account?
Speaker 1: A lady called Rebecca Rose and she's a healthcare worker in Melbourne. Hello Christian, It's Sigared Thornton speaking.
Speaker 9: I had a parcel delivery from Vinnie from Star Trek.
Speaker 11: Hello Christian.
Speaker 2: It's Andrew Fowres.
Speaker 10: You know me from an excess.
Speaker 7: Adam Cabot contacted me via social media and should I call in? Good morning?
Speaker 1: It's Bernard Fanny and who has asked you to give us a call? Bonnet?
Speaker 12: Who is doing there?
Speaker 11: And Bobin?
Speaker 13: I look next door to him.
Speaker 1: You're no way? What's so? What did I mum lean over the fencer goa Bernard? All right? So they do respond to your message? Is they will call the show. Now. One thing I've asked Jack to do is a lot of those celebrities you heard there calling from all over the world, from America, from London, the UK. And the most important thing you need to do other than ask them is to let them know what the phone number is. And so there's a couple of sort of extra digits in there. And to help you remember, I've asked Jack if he would make a good sort of old fashioned radio jingle. And radio is built on clients singing their phone numbers to you, so you all call them. That's how it's built. So Jack, what have you got for us here?
Speaker 3: So the celebrity is calling on the same number you call in on every day, nine four one four one oh four three. But then you got to enter the international car plast six one three nine four one four. Now it's getting very difficult to remember. So you have to remember through song. Oh that's where I thought you would.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you were just wasn't a strong enough que You were just sort of banging your hands. Do it again and I'll be primed.
Speaker 3: That's why you have to use a jingle to remember it through song.
Speaker 10: Celebrities overseas, please have plast six one three to the phone number nine four one for one of four three.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, two days? What two days? That's a jingle I thought you might say. Again, it's been on repetition doing it again and again, and now Winstone with the wine again and again and again.
Speaker 3: Press play again, que it up, cue it up. And that's why you have to use this jingle to give to the celebrity so they know what number to call.
Speaker 10: Celebrities overseas.
Speaker 3: Please head plus six one three.
Speaker 10: To the phone number nine four one for one four three.
Speaker 1: If the sales team are listening, Jack is really up for doing this for any clients for free. All right, who's God in Christian? Let us know who you're asking? Good luck. I really appreciate the moment if you're getting involved in this and trying to make it happen in eleven sleeps. Time more information The Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for this week's one word phoning when we try and get stories from you guys, Which is one word?
Speaker 3: Whoa Christian o'connalls one word phone in?
Speaker 1: And what a word we have for you this week when I first moved to Australia. I kept hearing this name a lot, as in the car that the criminals or whoons had driven in Holden Holden to kept coming up over her again. Thought they should market this, they should lead with this. You know when you need to make it get away real click quick, go Holden. So this morning's one word phone and is simply Holden's What is your story about the great Holden Car? Sadly?
Speaker 2: No more?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that like it down last year?
Speaker 3: The Australian plants or closed? But are they making Holden still overseas all? There's no more Holden? That's a really good question, Jack.
Speaker 1: Actually I don't think they are.
Speaker 3: Someone will know definitely. So someone out there has the last ever.
Speaker 1: Hold It from on Australian production liney, I think they wound it down last year after seventy odd years. So many of you have still got holdings. You see them out in about a lot. So this morning the one word phone in have you got a story simply about the Holden car?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Holden, What is your story involving the great always be Great? I know there isn't We just found out no more hold It's very sad the story of it going from like shifting about two hundred thousand cars a year to twenty years ago to December twenty twenty, only sixteen thousand Holdens were sold.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they'll become rare now because you can't get them anymore. So hundred percent people will take them onto antiques road show.
Speaker 1: And this is by I found on YouTube last year when I was researching the book A Antiques Roacher. What happened when they came here? You know they went to Frankston. I'm not making they went to Frankston. And if they go back, go by to someone plays rock up in a Holden so they can go Fana, Bruce can go what wow? Is that a V eight Toerno? Wow? What a car? All right? So the one word phone in is Holden's ninety four one four one oh four three. Let's see what stories you've got involved in the Great Holdens. Christine, Good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are we I'm good, welcome to the show. Thanks recording in and listen right now. And what's your story involving the Holden.
Speaker 8: My very first car owned was a Holden VB commandor the battle tank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, solid old cars and the commodore feels like the criminal and Huon's preferred card.
Speaker 3: Most stolen car in Australia.
Speaker 1: I think it's how they used to be sold. And so if you are up to anything dodgy, this is the kind you need. What if selling points?
Speaker 3: Do you still have the battle tank or long gone?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: Unfortunately it is long gone. But anyone who knew how you know to get into cards, it was so easy to get into. Unfortunately, one time somebody smashed one of my car windows to break into my car and actually stole about three dollars worth of loose change.
Speaker 3: And say like, if you knew how to get into a car, I thought you were going to go with a smash the window.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, and touching about one hundred dollars to get the win. They replaced and.
Speaker 1: Also a lot of the holdings I've been and stuff like that. They're like armchairs. The seats of those old like sprung very very deeply. They are like car armchairs. I've never been in such comfortable cars. What did yourself? Did it have a tape deck? How many years ago we talking, Christine?
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah, it had a cassette player.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Christine, thank you very much and cool take care no werri, thank you, Catherine.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Yes, good morning, Christian, Patsy and Jack.
Speaker 4: How are you all?
Speaker 1: Holden? Yes, yes, one word, but then it needs two more words. The one word comes to me.
Speaker 9: So yes, it needs a long pause after it. My husband begging a bead lady fat, I think it was we owned a.
Speaker 4: Hold and a HQ.
Speaker 9: Holden. He was off to work, but it was stolen, and he'd noticed when he got up with stolen so.
Speaker 1: Heving kind of guy not there today, no armchair, old wheels.
Speaker 3: Sitting on the driveway with his briefcases. There's a way for me.
Speaker 1: To move till I move wrapping.
Speaker 9: So he caught the tram to work that morning. But on his way to work, he was on the tram, he happened to look at the window and what did he see? He's beloved Holden? What so he true story? He hops off the tram and.
Speaker 1: Stop which one? We had nine hundred right now, so.
Speaker 9: He knew it was his. So he proceeded to then steal it back.
Speaker 1: So start to an amazing story tomorrow. What did you steal.
Speaker 3: Back such a so is the criminal still in the car? Is it parked somewhere?
Speaker 9: No, No, it was parked. It was parked up.
Speaker 1: But he had his catside and back right inside was a robbery. When they came running out went what he's missing? Anything else? I know what it feels like, can't He.
Speaker 9: Had the keys in his pocket, so he just hopped in the car and stole it back.
Speaker 1: Starine, send your price to that one.
Speaker 11: Well done, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: It deserved the slow start. We're all getting ready for it all right. We're up and running now. Nine four one four one O four three. This morning is one word phone in the Great Ossi icon putting most Australian iconic car, the Holden. What story have you got about holding car?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Have you got a story about Holden Car? Nine four one four one O four three. Good morning to Linnett Christian. We drove our V eight Holden across a nuther Boar. Wow. Comfortable drive, though those armchairs are so far on wheels. We stripped three tires down to the metal mesh on the journey. One of those tires we had to limp into some remote town where two locals helped us whilst laughing at our city slicker car, best drive ever. I bet what great memories you must have, Aidan, Good morning, Aidan, Welcome to the show, morning Christian, Aidan, hold him? What's your story about the Great Hold?
Speaker 4: And can't well? Thirteen brought me first, holding v K Broloina. Were scrolling through my mum's Facebook on her phone. Come up on Facebook, vast earned. I'm like, what do you reckon? Didn't have a price on it. We went down, had to look at it. Fifteen hundred buck. You wouldn't believe it. Fifteen hundred buck when you when.
Speaker 1: You were thirteen years of age.
Speaker 4: You bought Yeah, this is how much I love Commodore's.
Speaker 1: So it was a Commodol, the great Commodore, the classic Commodore. And did you buy yeah? And did you buy it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then do with it? You can't drive it?
Speaker 4: At thirteen, I couldn't drive it, couldn't drive it yet, So parked up Yeah in my bedroom. Now I parked it around the back. A bit, a bit of work on it, make sure it was running good. And yeah, I wait until I was eighteen. But by the time I was sixteen, we're coming back from our farmhouse up in the bush, and we drove past this house and it was for say, I was on on this old Commodore and we're like, oh, let's let's stop and take a look at it. I didn't have advice on it or anything. So we got out how to look, how to chat chat the bloke down to two hundred and fifty bucks for a big tape wagon.
Speaker 1: Two and fifty dollars and you get car another Commodore.
Speaker 4: No I didn't. I ran, but it was it was pretty rough, had a blown head gaskets.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: Keep in your mind, you get driven the one you've got at home.
Speaker 4: Haven't driven it, Yeah, tucked it on, got a tandem trailer, chucked it on the Sandom trailer the next weekain. So I went back up there, picked it up and then got me third one when I was when I was seventeen, so working saving up got me third one that actually drive from my daily the typical hone car Christian Z Comodore Ur.
Speaker 1: Yes, they grow, they don't drive. Yeah, when you see them at the lights, they've got this vibration to them. They're like sharks on wills.
Speaker 4: There Yeah, that's it, Christian, you got it.
Speaker 1: So how are you now? Aiden? My day eighteen and he's still got there? Have you got all three? Now? You've got a whole sort of collection of these commodores.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you need to open up.
Speaker 1: A museum, the Commodore Museum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a bit more work to get to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buddy, but we can dream. It's good to have Pipe is my friend. You got a whole life there to you two work on them holdings. All right, Aiden, thank you very much. She called you have a good day.
Speaker 4: Beautiful appreciated Christian.
Speaker 1: Uh, Johnny boy coome Onning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 12: How are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. John wants your story about the Holden w.
Speaker 12: D sorry w B Statesman Deville. I brought off Franco Amma Rossi, which is Vanessa Amirosi's father. I found out.
Speaker 1: Oh this is great, Wow, wow what it's almost claims to fame Anna Holden. That is incredible. How long did you have it for me?
Speaker 12: I think I've had for about seven or eight years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's still got it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I still got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, runs like a dream, Yeah.
Speaker 12: It does now. I actually purchased it off e Bay. He was in the wrecking for wrecking and I don't know. We went down there at night and got it the Emerald way off. It was a long time ago.
Speaker 11: Was at night.
Speaker 12: We drove it home hardly in the headlights on it because they were the best headlights in the WB's truck. Nearly got us another story.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, thank you Mary, she killed John. Have a good day laughing off, yes, laughing quickly move on. Maybe it's only going to end this way when you get into Holden's or last one. I think one last one for the road. Everyone's had a few holdings too many, I think. Now, Craig, good morning, Gay going here, you're going, Yeah, that's Craig. What's your story about holding Buddy Holden?
Speaker 14: Fifty years ago and my I was two years old. My dad went to pay the actual school fees at the convent for my older brothers and he left me in the back seat and I jumped out of the back seat and we had an e H Holding station wagon and I jumped there, pushed the cigarette lighter in. When I popped out, I put it in the glove box because it burnt my fingers. Got back in the back seat and the car burned to the ground.
Speaker 1: I know obviously you were right. You managed to get out.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the nuns got me out of the car and another phone.
Speaker 1: Nuns was biblical. They don't care about to.
Speaker 13: Have a beer in the convent. To be honestus Dad had a beer with the nuns because they could tell that Dad was quite irate.
Speaker 1: We make our own. We've got a few weeks, you've had none. Home grow. It is moonshine, moonshine, nounshine. We can it all. That's very good, great, Thank you very much. You call Carl B.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question you know, Carl's show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. There are certain things right that actually make us nervous or anxious as an adult. Normally, when you're a kid, they've quite a few various things nighttime and stuff like that light's being off. But still as an adult you suddenly fear that you you have these fears of anxiety. Jack, you had this experience yesterday when you were cooking, And.
Speaker 3: I should have grown out of mine now in my thirties, but I still get very nervous taking things out of the oven. I don't like Yeah, I don't like the sides of death. I fear that my hands will touch the sides of the oven, or that the teetawels with which I hold the dish, yeah, will not be strong enough to guard the heat, and the heat will try.
Speaker 1: The moment you open up that the oven door, put it down, or whatever you do. It's always to me, it's always this. You know, it's hot in there, and I always get I find that I'm going to touch the sides.
Speaker 3: So once a day I can I can live with. But yesterday we were roasting a chicken, and every twenty minutes we were meant to get it out and baste it. So every twenty minutes I was going back in there. My hands are going to touch the sides. All these tee tails folded over enough, I follow over the tea tails so much they become like a little square brick because twice a third or ply I'm doing it. I'm doing a five ply.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm gonna try it, because otherwise the heat that the oven nose, the heat penetrate to the hands, and it's a gift for the oven. He goes no other guffs. That's its best day. And it's like your hands suddenly like gets magnetized. By the oven God in there to the side they fling out on the worst one is if you're putting something big in is that top bit?
Speaker 3: That's what the chicken was. The chicken required a big dish, so the sides of the dish were almost at the sides of the oven. Where am I even meant to pull my hands in there? Very nerve wracking stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What I might build is a slide that can slow through and then then I flip below. It's like a shoot to come out of it, so I don't have to touch it at tool the other thing in the kitchen to make me nervous using every single time as the cheese grater. Oh oh yeah, Sometimes I don't even go to the kids. Hey, earn some extra pocket money? Are you just scared of He's the toughest guy in this house. These don't create my thumb.
Speaker 3: I'll leave myself a lot of inches of barrier.
Speaker 1: There'll be two inches left of palmers. I can't. I can't do anymore. It's gonna great me, the greater God. I think they all work together with the oven. The oven God is like the daddy of the kitchen, I think, and he has all other people that are working together to hurt us. The cheese greater is one. The other thing that I've often seen people getting nervous about, and I only do, but only not getting on it. I'm talking about escalators. Living in London, there are huge escalators up and down the London underground. I always see strangers in town who come up down from up North or Australia or America, terrified or very getting on it for some reason, like and not knowing quite how to go. For me, it was always the ex setting.
Speaker 3: Off my mum. He was her biggest fear as me as a child, was that I would get sucked into that and.
Speaker 1: My mom right trapped. Mama actually said, don't get your feet caught, you'll get trapped.
Speaker 3: There were so many warnings, happens.
Speaker 1: Your son is so color, he lives under an escalator. He got trapped.
Speaker 3: You can still see him at Flindstode Station if you want to go down.
Speaker 1: You can hear his screams at night.
Speaker 3: There were so many instructions about all right, we're coming up to the end of this, to concentrate here, get ready, big step now, big step.
Speaker 1: Because you know what the side it's got. That sort of brushy bit. I used to put a shoe in there to like polish it. My mom would grab me, go, don't do that, rip your foot off. So my mum, danger was everywhere everywhere, and the escalator, the escalator's most sounds. I think, all right, you're a grown up. Now, what makes you nervous? What were things make you nervous and anxious as a grown up?
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, lots of you are testing in have Jack and I heard above? And gloves we have, Yeah, I don't care for them. All right, I need a matter or glove that I can use. When I use it, I'll buy that. I've lost so much skin on that cheese greater.
Speaker 3: I think the fear I have with other mit is. I had the only other mid I ever owned wasn't strong enough to keep the heat out, and so it burnt me. And now I don't trust other mids at all. But somebody suggested getting welder's gloves, big industrial rubber.
Speaker 1: I've got. I've got welders gloves that I use for the smoker because that's like five or six hundred degrees. Also, when I did have a couple of years ago, an oven glove I don't I lose my grip.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right.
Speaker 1: Why is it? Why is it a mitten? You know? I don't want to floppy hand around a lot of heat, Christian. What makes me nervous as an adult is the simple garden hose. Whenever I go to use it, it's just from pap. Whenever I go to use it, I can never remember if I turned it off at the nozzle the last time I used it. I always fear that it's going to spur out furiously at me if I haven't turned it off at the nozzle. True, that's from Pat Birch. I could understand that, all right, Going to the line. So we're talking this morning on nine four one four one o four three as a grown up. Things that make you nervous? Who do we have? First of all, Becky, good morning, Becky?
Speaker 8: Hello, Hi Christian?
Speaker 1: Hello, what mation nervous? Send us a grown up Becky?
Speaker 8: The wave machine at the indoor swimming pool.
Speaker 1: So what is it you're worried about that you might try?
Speaker 8: I think I think there are sharks behind the bars.
Speaker 3: Okay, a little a little harder to come to your levee here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So if you didn't picture.
Speaker 8: You know, there's there's always bars where there's a waves machine and in.
Speaker 1: And then release the bars and release the power of the sea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And ever since I was a little girl, I always thought.
Speaker 8: That there would be sharks behind those bars.
Speaker 1: I mean it wore out the anti a bit. I mean that would set out there if you said he and sometimes in the afternoon we're living up chuck a sharking.
Speaker 3: Every tenth way has a little surprise in it.
Speaker 7: But it's still frighten me.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell you what's truly scary the wave pool. I've been in a wave pool where they call the code brown. So floater floater island shark, and it gets extra scary when the float is riding away.
Speaker 1: I'll be more friend. I'm getting hitting the Facebook shot or a floater floater would scary more.
Speaker 8: All right, thank you very much, cool by bye.
Speaker 1: Jane, Good morning, Good morning, Christian morning.
Speaker 7: Jane.
Speaker 1: Hope you well this morn thanks to calling the show. What scares you as a grown up?
Speaker 15: Bananas?
Speaker 1: Open bananas, bananas themselves or unpeeling the banana.
Speaker 15: Oh, if they're open, I can't touch them, I can't look at them. I can't look at you eating one?
Speaker 1: Right? What is it that that sort of funny feeling when you touch one.
Speaker 15: It's this texture and the smell of them. They just reek and they if you drop one on the floor, I jump like it's a spider.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 15: It's called banana phobia.
Speaker 1: And you should think is it?
Speaker 15: It's a thing. Yeah, And I'm not the only widow.
Speaker 1: There's lots of No one, you a weirdo, right, no one. We've all got our strange little things and get us. I'm scared of a cheese grater, okay, but I'm curious about this one. And it doesn't feel like a fear that would be an everyday thing unless someone is chucking bananas around having fun.
Speaker 15: Oh well, I teach people with disability to cook. So I go into all these kitchens and they have bananas and when they're getting really right, they just stink. And if they want me to do anything with them, I just say.
Speaker 1: No, it's nice.
Speaker 3: What about banana flavors, like when it's artificial?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: No, banana lollies?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Are you not just going to go through all the food sholl banana pie na banana rama?
Speaker 11: The band?
Speaker 1: Can you even hear them?
Speaker 15: At you?
Speaker 1: Guys? Wearing at me. All right, Jane, thanks you cool.
Speaker 2: Christian No Connell's show podcasts.
Speaker 1: This week we've been telling you that it is coming back. Who's Calling Christian fifty thousand dollars up for grabs. Well, you ask celebrities to give us a call and they can win twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice, and you also get twenty five thousand dollars for yourself for getting them on the show. There'll be a vote at the end of Who's Conning Christian? And yesterday one of you, Tanya called saying the actress Australian icon Rachel Griffiths, was going to call the show and we said, look, it hasn't started yet. It starts in about ten or eleven days time. Get them to call back. And on Monday show Jack was saying, it'd be great if you could get Rory Sloan to call the show because your wife Bi anchor, the power of Rory has lauded from your team the Bombers over to Rory team.
Speaker 3: Which is a full Crows fan. Now after watching making their mark on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 1: Rory is actually on the line now prematurely.
Speaker 4: Rory, So the first time in prevature them all answered that I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: To hear that. Rory, Rory, thank you very much? Who's asked you to give a call?
Speaker 4: So my shoes fad.
Speaker 11: My sister hit me up the other day and goes, man, you got to listen to this, And I end up listening to a rerun of that podcast for Jack and talking about me turning someone, which another, which is another thing I never thought I'd do.
Speaker 13: So many first in this phone, so many absolutely so many.
Speaker 11: So then I and then I check my Instagram and so one blew up with paperguard. You got to call this down. We've got to call this number, and what is the exact same? And so what's going on here? And we had to listen to Yeah here I am eleven days early.
Speaker 1: Well listen, please cool back. We've got so many I just want to I mean, I can't do the chat now because it's not fan to everybody else, So please call us back on the first day in eleven days time. Can you just quickly tell me this. I saw you right. I was staying with my family oversa e Glenel get that hotel that's down on the beach, and you were dropping off. I think a couple of fellow players. I wave because I was waiting for an uber. Do you drive a Prado? I do, yes, a white one?
Speaker 11: Did I wake back?
Speaker 1: You did? Confuse right, and went and I went, that isn't my uber drive. The kids were like, is that the human drowing? Unless they're not paying in much of the crows and I want time to say to you, where are you going? By the way, can you drop us because we're only going two or three inch? You seem like a nice guy, Rory Sloan.
Speaker 11: Oh man, I wish I had known.
Speaker 7: I would give you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I know for next time I'm around the glen Elgaria.
Speaker 11: All right, Rory, there's seven seats, so you and your friends.
Speaker 1: Rory, will you call us back then in eleven days time?
Speaker 11: Oh of course, I will, absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: We'll see you on day one. Take care. Cheers, Rory, there you go. Thank you to Everyone is already asking their brothers or sisters to call the show. Shout out to Roy's loan sister as well. All right, today's time waste. Here's a make a movie smarter. We're looking for your smarter movies today. Have got you? Were busy, right, in these at seven am.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes they're not. They don't show for all the hours work I put into them, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Show the forty year old surgeon. Oh that is smart. Oh, my boy, the forty year old.
Speaker 3: Surgeons smart to be a very smarter.
Speaker 1: Oh. The wizard of osmosis water through a semipermemal membrane, the wizard of osmos osmosis technically the only thing I remember from bology at school.
Speaker 3: Civil plus, Oh, thank you friend?
Speaker 1: Where is my automobile?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: Smart?
Speaker 1: Smart? Pos smart? Sometimes silver? Honey? I homescored the kids in Pythagoras's theory Bronze. Oh, come on, you're familiar with the German philosopher Arthur Schoppenhauer. I am, now if he had a movie, Schoppenhauer Little Shoppenhouer. And finally Debbie does her thesis Gold, thank you, two goals at the end, What have you got them for? Smarter movies?
Speaker 3: Well, talking smart Germans, you would remember the German physiologists and neurologists, Frederic Goldz.
Speaker 1: Never heard of him?
Speaker 3: You don't remember golds shop an hour. Gold was credited as being the first scientist to cure epilepsy in a dog. Very smart man, men who stare at Golds for the research.
Speaker 1: Gold for the comedy nothing, thank god. Rory Sloan's Romolf.
Speaker 3: The clever ending story. Oh there was clever How they ended that?
Speaker 1: Literally no effort minus.
Speaker 3: We loved to Look who's talking? Look who's Stephen Hawkins?
Speaker 1: Run it now? Now have all the golds? Wow?
Speaker 10: Done.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show Podcast time.
Speaker 1: Oister today is make a movie smarter. You're smarter movies, Jack, you're ready to get smart? Mark? Yes, hey dude, where's my relativity?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 1: Thank you, great Rhodes House, you know, like a Rhodes scholar.
Speaker 3: Yes, very clever, Silvil class and Pete.
Speaker 1: The Fast and the Genius Gold, no doubt going to be the next movie title. No Country for old mensa gold. Jan, that's very good. You mean degree gold, thank you. Mark. The Thomas Edison Affair Silver. The Hills have four eyes. Come on, there's a man wearing glasses right now to read these out?
Speaker 5: All you get Fox tell on those Gold plus for my joke, Caine, well done, I'm getting an education Silver, Mark American Pie Sharp.
Speaker 1: Gold plus, Take a bow. Conan the Librarian Gold plus what and Glen cognitive air gold very clever, Pete saving Professor Ryce. We never leave a professor down. Learn After reading Silver Forget, I said that one, uh Disney classic The Iron King. You know, irons in the air positive and negative. You had to think too much about that one. Something about Marie Currie Charity.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was going to say who Mary Curry is, but I don't actually remember, but I know she's a smart scartist.
Speaker 1: Word he's snow.
Speaker 3: Smart scientist.
Speaker 1: Honey, I shrunk our tax Bill Bronze nerd on a wire? Is something so funny said about the word nuts Luke all the way up in noo, sir, making us laugh. Dennis, thank you, Uh Tutor fast tutor few gold punk nonfiction. Ron's dude, where's my protractor? Ronz Genomes in the mist Silver, Edward Abercus has silver plus Send me enough weekend Einsteiny's wrong the bunnies jam, I like it? Okay, that is it from us to everybody. We are back tomorrow morning. Don't forget then it is working already, although it's eleven sleeps to go until celebrities can officially call the show as you heard this morning. When Rory so called US twenty minutes ago. Happy to have a quick chant, but just to remind them officially it opens an eleven days time. Who's Calling Christian Fifty thousand dollars up for grabs. You can offer your celebrities, whoever they are, twenty five thousand dollars for the charuity of their choice if they win, and you also get twenty five thousand dollars forget them to call good luck. All the details you need to know about who's Calling Christian head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. Thanksfully listening, Take care, call it a brighter nose.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian O. Carl Show podcast