Speaker 1: A small show, A smallsy show.
Speaker 2: We got ourselves a Grammy Award winning singer, songwriter, author, actress. She's going to be coming on tour with the A Shanty Rock with You tour here in Australia in November. Destroy all lines dot com for your ticket details.
Speaker 3: A Shanty She's on zoo High.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Look at you. You're a glamour a shanty.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Smilezie.
Speaker 3: Did you wake up looking like that?
Speaker 2: Or I mean, we're sort of the same age and I don't want to make us sound old, but it doesn't come as naturally for me as it used to.
Speaker 4: Smiley.
Speaker 1: I did not wake up like this stalling. I woke up with a bonnet on.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: Well, wonderful to see you. I'm sure you know Australia. We have loved you for literally years.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: And I absolutely love Australia. I have the best time every time I come to Australia.
Speaker 4: It is a huge party.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we're gonna talk about the tour in just a second. Let's officially roll the opener and get your own.
Speaker 5: She's the R and B icon who's produced house Party Anthem.
Speaker 1: When you look at me day, your mom, the one and only.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey this is a shan Sea doing a damn thing.
Speaker 2: Now you are coming back in November, and we're going to talk about that in just a second. But we got so much to catch up on because I didn't know you got married to Nelly and had a baby and started a YouTube series.
Speaker 3: Like you, you were so busy.
Speaker 1: It's a lot going on.
Speaker 5: It's a lot going on, you know, mom, wife, career, balancing all of that out. You know, it's it's a job, but it's a beautiful job, you know, very blessed.
Speaker 2: Say, let's flash back to like the early the early noughties, right, It's crazy to think that we are literally almost the same age, and I was watching you as a teen or whatever and going, oh, this is so cool, and you're literally like almost the same age living it. I can't even begin to imagine what that would have been like. Do you love it more now the older you get? Because I look back on those days and I go, I wish I was a bit more present in the moment because stuff happened so quickly, and you don't appreciate things sort of the way you do the older you get, and it gives you a bit of perspective.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would definitely say I appreciate things way more now, you know what I mean, Like just coming in and you know, very very humbly gaining so much success.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, you know, when.
Speaker 5: I first found out, like my numbers and all these things are happening my first.
Speaker 4: Album, I'm like, is this good?
Speaker 5: Like are these numbers good?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what's happening here?
Speaker 5: And then to find out all of the things that we've done and accomplished was an amazing thing.
Speaker 4: So I kind of started to appreciate.
Speaker 6: It way more later, you know what I mean, Because when you look at how much it's changed, and how the technology has changed, and sonics have changed, and record labels have changed, and the consumption of music has changed, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it's very different, you know, So I absolutely appreciate it.
Speaker 6: A lot more now.
Speaker 2: I asked this to artists sometimes who have done both. I call it like pre the internet and streaming and post the Internet. Right, would you have loved to have done it the way the industry is now? Or are you grateful albeit there was like you know, look, let's be honest, the industry had some dark. The industry has had dark moments, right, Are you glad you did it then? Or would you have loved to have a crack breaking now? But then you kind of don't have. I'm sorry, I'm answering your question for you, but like you don't have an off switch now, they're always on social media.
Speaker 3: Everything is always.
Speaker 1: On, Everything is always on.
Speaker 4: You know, I appreciate exactly what I have, you know what I mean, Like coming up in a time where there was Instagram and there wasn't you know what was it Twitter?
Speaker 5: In my all of that after and so me being able to experience both and to compare both, I think it's a blessing, you know what I mean. There are a lot of things that I was doing years and years and years ago before Instagram.
Speaker 1: So I think it's just cool for me to be in the position.
Speaker 5: That I meant and kind of best of both worlds being able to compare me.
Speaker 2: I also, I also say this like to the kids of today, right, And I don't mean that like like facetiously, but to the kids, I'm like, for you to have been like a famous pop star artist in the early like late nineties, early noughties, it required a whole different level of your music having to connect. Right. So like now instantaneously you can put out a song and you could go straight to number one and everyone's interconnected. But like back in the day, like to sell shows out in Australia, you'd have to have your song being played. People would be having to physically go to the shops to buy the record. Fans would wake up at like seven eighty six am in the morning and line up at like a ticket master or whatever to buy tickets to get front row at the show. None of this is doing it at home. I actually think it was. It was harder to be famous twenty years ago than it is to be famous today.
Speaker 5: Well, absolutely absolutely, from touring to merge to like you said, standing online.
Speaker 1: And doing in stores and going to the radio stations.
Speaker 5: You had to physically travel to all the radio stations in that city.
Speaker 1: If you were performing like it was a lot to do. It's a lot harder.
Speaker 2: Well, you are coming back to Australia. Tell me you're going to be playing shows in November. How excited are you?
Speaker 1: I am so excited. As I said, I love Australia.
Speaker 5: You know, the love is insane just being you know, an American artist. Being from the US traveling outside, it always feels like you get so much more love because not everyone travels so much.
Speaker 1: So you do get there, it's like the love was like, ah, you know, it's crazy, So I love it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've been here before.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you remember or you're looking forward to doing in Australia.
Speaker 5: I love the seafood, I absolutely love. I think my favorite restaurant was in Sydney. It's like on a pier or something. It's like two two of my favorite restaurant. I love gold Calls, I love Bandai Beach. The Opera House is amazing.
Speaker 4: And it was always great weather.
Speaker 1: You know, every time I come to Australia the weather is awesome.
Speaker 3: So yeah. And also we're lovely people. You forgot that part.
Speaker 4: Your lovely people, Darling, You're lovely people.
Speaker 3: I love that. Hey.
Speaker 2: I say we started this by saying you have the YouTube thing with you and Nelly, Right, it's actually.
Speaker 1: Not a YouTube thing. We have a show on Peacock NBC. Oh you can catch some of it on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The show is on NBC Peacock.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, So we don't have Peacock here in Australia.
Speaker 2: So they we're still we're still a long way from everywhere, don't you are. Nothing's changed here in Australia. We still don't have everything. Okay, okay. Is it like for people who haven't seen Is it like documentary? Is it like flying on the wall? What does it cover off?
Speaker 1: It covers off a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: You know. It's called We Belong to Together, and it's basically us just sharing our lives with our fans, you know what I mean, just as a married couple and two stars, raising a two year old toddler and balancing love and career and all the stuff in between, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it's awesome. It's been amazing. The reaction has been incredible. It comes on.
Speaker 4: Let me see seven Bravo.
Speaker 2: Hello, I love that you've got someone there with you, seven Bravo here in Australia. Okay, there we go. Now that's where we can see it. Okay, So all right, so it covers off everything we do. We have fights in it were what sort of couple are we? Do we do we air the dirty laundry or do we.
Speaker 3: Keep that stuff?
Speaker 1: You find out?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, all right, oh okay, cool? But also please I want to know, like how celebrity are you too, Like do you not know how the kitchen works?
Speaker 3: Or are you guys pretty good there?
Speaker 5: I'm awesome in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all much.
Speaker 2: Are you going to be filming when you come to Australia? I don't know, Like, are you going to bring the cameras along? Is the baby is now that you get everyone going to come through? It's a long way to be away from the family.
Speaker 5: Definitely a long way to be away from the family. So KK will definitely be with me. We are actually on the hunt to find Bluey because I heard Bluey is the main headquarters is in Australia.
Speaker 4: This is the hunt.
Speaker 2: This is wild that you just mentioned Bluey, Like this is this is Does your baby love.
Speaker 1: Blue loves Bluey? Yes, so we are on hunts.
Speaker 2: Do you have any understanding about anything that's happening in that show or are you just watching it?
Speaker 3: Going why are these dogs talking? Like this is so weird?
Speaker 5: Dingo and mom and dad, Like, I know what goes on the cousin that your FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Buff you know you're blowing my mind to Shady.
Speaker 2: You're blowing. You're blowing my mind. Well, hey, I hope you meet Bingo when you're here.
Speaker 3: That would be great.
Speaker 2: Bluey too, You know, I think there's also never mind I'm going to talk too much about Bluey there, and I was like, you know what, she doesn't need to hear this, She could see it for herself when she's here. You're gonna be playing shows in November across Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Congratulations on everything. It's so exciting to talk to you and we can't wait to have you here in Oz.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Thank you show.
Speaker 2: Don't miss a moment of the Smallsy Show.
Speaker 1: Download the free iHeart app. Now sounds better on iHeart.
Speaker 3: Head to Chemist Warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication.
Speaker 2: We've discount of prescriptions in every store every day