Speaker 1: It's the Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. We love hearing your stories. Every single day. We share our stories to get your stories. And right now, if you've got a story, whatever it is does need to be a big, bombastic thing. But you think when we hear it or when you tell people about it, it makes them say, wow, that's what this is all about. Can you tell us a story that makes the three of us say wow? We had one last year from Tia.
Speaker 2: My brother Jason passed away many years ago on March the eleventh. This year, on March the eleventh, I was on the train and I decided to play his favorite album, which is No Life to Live by Metallica. Put the album on, I closed my eyes and us a couple of minutes. I opened my eyes and there's a guy sitting in front of me with a No Life to Leave a t shirt off, and I said, look, what's your name? My name's Tia. He said, my name is Jason. His name was the same name as my brother. It freaked me out. It was so cool.
Speaker 1: It's such an incredible story. Whenever I hear it again, so I'm hearing it fresh. So what's your story? Then? Will make me chack comparts say, well, you've got quite incredible story to share today.
Speaker 3: Becker and I had one this week. We met up with her friend Nina, and Nina's parents are from Iran, and I asked, did your parents get together in Australia or did they get together when they were still in Iran? And she said, well, actually they got married over the phone. And what happened was they were kid childhood friends as kids in the seventies, her dad moves here to Melbourne and they don't see each other again. They're both later on traveling the world. They bump into each other through a mutual friend at a house party in Portland, Oregon in the United States, reconnect, fall in love, plan for her to move to Australia and them to get married, but first he comes back to Melbourne. She goes back to Iran and while they're waiting for her visa to come in, the wedding date is coming up. The visa's taken much longer than expected. They decide to keep the wedding date and they get married over the phone. So we watched It's amazing footage you've got of this very eighties wedding her mum is in a full white wedding dress, all the party guests are in wedding attire, cake, music, dancing, and then traveling around the party is an old cream landline phone on a big long cord, and her dad is in Melbourne on the other end in his suit with his best man in his suit, and they have the whole wedding like that.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've never heard of such a story. That is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And then within two years she gets the visa and now they live happily in Melbourne together.
Speaker 1: What an awesome story. So these are the stories we're looking for, right, They are those stories that when you shout with somebody they do go wow, it's an incredible story. So what have you got Give us a call. We've got prizes for the better ones. All right, So can you make me Jack Apat say wow? Have you got a story that's going to make us say wow? Nine four one four one oh four three? Jim, good morning? Hi, how are you I'm going Jim, Welcome.
Speaker 4: To the show. All right, We're all it air.
Speaker 1: Is what's your story?
Speaker 4: Mate? Well, it was last night in Scotland and we were arranging to meet my brother the pub was packed, and this lady invited us to sit and share a table with them, and we got talking and it turns out her husband's grandfather and my grandfather were brothers.
Speaker 3: Okay, pretty good coincidence.
Speaker 1: It's not coincidence. It's more than that, it's fate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just happy to go.
Speaker 1: Hey, you want to sit here? I sit there and suddenly awareness they've got so much more in common. Yeah, when strangers become family. Well, it's a wow for me. I'm wowing. Only went well. No, well, I say cool, cool, Yeah, Jimmie's so well for me, my friend, that's an incredible story. Thanks, buddy, have a good day. Okay, right, Susie, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, helly you Susie.
Speaker 1: We are desperate to hear this story. I know for my very excitable Truosa cans. Is it involved a chimpanzee.
Speaker 5: Yes, my oldest auntie is a chimpanzee. Was she's dead now?
Speaker 1: Sorry all right, sorry, just in case they all went under a bridge at that key moment there was My.
Speaker 5: Oldest aunt was a chimpanzee. My grandparents when they got married, they're German. They spent twelve months on safari in Africa and When they went back to Germany, they took back with them as their first child, a baby chimpanzee.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, I mean you're not meant to do that anymore. The animals, I.
Speaker 1: Would even just carry out that, not even not meant to do it anymore. Shouldn't done it? Then then it was fine. Yeah, if you know what have you said out to any of these animals whore in Africa? Ta at the moment to Germany?
Speaker 5: No? No, this is pre World War one right all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't try and recruit those. I spang out of order, Hitler. Okay, that is really bad. You can't be using the.
Speaker 3: Chimps live in the house, does it? And have its own bedroom?
Speaker 5: That sort of thing that I don't know. By the time my mother came along, she was the youngest of their five human children.
Speaker 1: There's something wrong with Kevin. We need to talk about Kevin. He's bloody, Harry, does he hit puberty? He's so strong, He's not terrible. We go out, Susie, this is incredible. When did you find this out?
Speaker 5: Oh, I've known all my life. Yeah. My grandparents were known as Raja and Rannie. They had actually planned to move back to Africa. That of course Germany lost their rights in Africa East Africa during the First World War, so they'd already bought a blockhill of land on the foothills of killingman Jaro and were going back.
Speaker 1: Wow, and have you seen like photos of like the family with Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I passed my first piano exam, at said, and I was given my grandmother's gold blocket and inside was a photo of Agustian Sorry, what was its name? A Gustian Christian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's either like it was the whole family or just the chimp.
Speaker 5: Just the chimp. And what was you doing?
Speaker 1: Was you on attire or just giving a thumbs.
Speaker 5: Just sitting in on a Sunday chair? Yeah, no, cocktail. I think it would have been a bit dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, you're quite right. This this is incredible mm hm. And how did they have the chimp for in the family?
Speaker 5: Look as normal. When chimps grow up, they get really vicious and violent. So by the time my mum came along, she was already living in the zoo, the German version. She wasn't the only one that they brought back. They brought back some animals for the locals who in Kinnicksburg. So yeah, I want to know what other animals. There's a photo of my grandmother bottle feeding a very small antelope on the deck of the ship. That's in the family albums. I don't know one of the animals they brought back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is where it was bottle feeding. Otherwise that's a photo.
Speaker 5: Sadly there's only I think one or two photos is creatable stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing stuff. Well listen, Well it feels smaller to send you a cup of prizes, but thank you so much for sharing that incredible moment in your family's history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got an incredible family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I bet this is only the surface of it. Oh, yes, we listen, we're here all yere Susie and many Maybe there's a few more chapters in the story of your incredible family's life.
Speaker 5: Not an issue at all.
Speaker 1: Good to hear. All right, Susie for now, Thank you very much, and goodbye, speech you.
Speaker 5: Soon, Okay, bye.
Speaker 1: That everything we just heard. That's like, where's Anderson's next movie.