Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast just about Jack's brother moving into a shared house. Sometimes won't how many other guys is he living with.
Speaker 2: So they're going to be six people plus whatever partners are staying in the rooms as well.
Speaker 1: Shared houses.
Speaker 3: I just can't kindage for two years of my life when I was at university, me and seven mates were in this three story dive, an absolute dive, I don't think these days. You know, this was in nineteen ninety three when maybe housing stands a little bit lax. We were in the UK's The area we were in was actually famous and made a big documentary with the BBC. Did it was your It's most dangerous crack area of drugs. We didn't know at the time it was just dirt cheap. Then when we moved in there and there was always like police raids next door in the middle of the night and you know, all kinds of stuff gone, we realized why this place is so cheap, this is so dangerous. But anyway it was. It was a priest who was the landlord, and obviously seven guys and three story building. You know, you're at that age where it's the first time you're living from home. We were idiots, and I remember that a couple of us had bikes because it was cheaper to get around the city. And remember we would late at night, at midnight and stuff up this.
Speaker 1: When we burn out.
Speaker 3: We would get the bikes at the top of the three story building and cycle them through the house, as in down the stairs, and there was obviously prize is for anyone who could. No one ever made it by the way all the way down, and then one of the lands actually broke his forum and had to be taking the hospital. This did not stop us doing this game for two years. And I remember one of the worst things as well is some of the guys had adult magazines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I had.
Speaker 3: I had a girlfriend at another university and she would twice a month come and stay for a weekend. I said, guys, you know, I really can't have you having those kind of magazines is lying around. It's horrible and it upsets so and I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Where would they have them coffee table? It was just disgusting.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was foul, and I said, listen, I don't want to see it anyway, but when she comes to you have to tidey in the away. So what we agreed was they would keep them in the freezer and then it was outside. I just wanted it outside. It was disgusting. Men are foul. And I remember one weekend though, me and her, we were cooking and she went, I said, they're in the freezer, and I forgot. Obviously this was actually a working library of top shelf grumble max and I heard this, Oh my god, and I went, oh, no, she's seen the library.
Speaker 1: Absolutely horrified. Anyway, remember one day there was so much mess.
Speaker 3: We just trashed this place. It was like animal house in there. Towards the end of the two years, the priest came round the landlord I do to do one of his random inspections right.
Speaker 1: And I remember it was sober.
Speaker 3: There was like a broken window and it was just like that hadn't been repaired. We han't talked about an age, and it was just mess everywhere, and it was at some point a nice house. I remember he burst into tears and ran out the building. And that's when I realized we've made a priest crime. Shame on all of our souls for an eternity. See only this morning. I want your shared house stories. Patsy did you ever live in a shedow.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I always lived on my arm.
Speaker 3: I preferred it that you were lucky. All right, Shared house stories, did you ever have one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my first share house, I didn't have any heating in my room, so when the that.
Speaker 3: Was an optional extra. The guy, the guy in my building lived right at the top. He didn't have heating. He was He used to have to sleep with a bad of clava during the winter, which was weird on his face and like thermal.
Speaker 1: Well I did.
Speaker 2: I waited for the weekend when the guys weren't in the house. I moved my bed into the living room, and then every winter I would convert the living room into my bedroom.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast looking for your House shared Stories.
Speaker 3: This morning midweek score is coming up after eight random acts of kindness and also the outwork time waster.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get some calls on air. Luke, good morning. What's your house share story for us?
Speaker 4: Oh God, I Christians, much like you are used to live with a couple of mates in a sharehouse and we get up for some of the most ridiculous games, like I remember one time we I think we found the s litt lawn balls on hard Robison. We used to exactly we well, we just walk around on the lawn ball. You have to reach beyond you, grab the one behind you, put it in front and walk on that. I've known how many times I rolled ankles still over in the third ridiculous stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that, you see what, Luke.
Speaker 3: I think that they should be doing this as part of the training pre season for footy players to strengthen up those ankles. I think this is a great strength training and sort of balance thing. I'm actually the dan's doing this. I'll have a better season.
Speaker 4: I didn't work at Michaels because they get.
Speaker 2: Now now, you just had too much time in Shire houses, didn't you yet?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Ye's great one, Luke, thank you very much for that. Let's go to Lauren. Good morning, Lauren, Hi Christian, Hey Lauren, welcome to the show. So you lived in a shared house.
Speaker 5: I currently do. I live with three boys.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, what's that like?
Speaker 5: It's a little crazy, but it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what's your best story about that?
Speaker 5: Well, so one of my housemates is a professional magician.
Speaker 3: Amazing, you've got You've got me whatever, The rest of the story is is all gold.
Speaker 1: One of your housemates is a magician.
Speaker 5: He is, Yeah, so he's always coming in doing lots of tricks. There's always crazy stuff going on. But this particular story was with everyone in the house except me. They were having a card throwing competition because he has lots of cards around, and which quickly devolved into a knife throwing competition, and they were throwing steak knives into a big cardboard box, which is when I got home and saw what they were doing and tried to confiscate all the knives. They put a knife through the flat screen TV which was behind the box. They were throwing it at what Yeah, so they had their target in front of the TV.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is how David Copperfield practices.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: If you get any more stories about what's life for living in a flat share and a house share with a professional magician.
Speaker 1: Please let us know. I will, I will all right, take care mate. Bye, Thank you. An O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast