Speaker 1: Come on all the week.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, I fam, how are we?
Speaker 1: We're good? We're here? Or thanks a chemist? Warehouse heading today, great savings every day?
Speaker 2: Do you know I'm particularly good this week?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because my mother in law has arrived?
Speaker 4: And I think mother in law's get a bad stick because I'm so looking forward to going home tonight to a clean house and.
Speaker 2: Do a fridge full of food. She's staying with us for two weeks.
Speaker 3: Did out your mother in law a couple of days ago for pre her weird holiday pre cooking thing that she does, but that cooks lasagna on a plane and then takes it to a holiday.
Speaker 4: It's weird meal prepping for a holiday. Absolutely fine for her to meal prep my fridge, though, I have no problems with that.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were telling us that she wants you and Mad to have baby, so she just brings around trays of oysters and dark chocolate.
Speaker 4: The last time I saw Ellie, she said to me, I'm gonna come and live with you so that you can have another baby and I'll take care of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know.
Speaker 3: What the problem is? Then? Why don't she change the mind? What did you commit to it. Yeah, and then she's like, don't want anymore and she moves to.
Speaker 1: And you've got the.
Speaker 5: Three kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, too much, handsmade tails.
Speaker 3: We have someone really interesting on today. I want to tell you about them. What it's a really interesting guest. Her name's Taya and she is one quarter of I can't say a couple, but she's in a relationship with four people, so two couples. They live together, they have kids all together. No one knows who the father.
Speaker 2: Is of the kids.
Speaker 3: It's a lucky dip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's polyamorous, but but it's together.
Speaker 3: Well, it's closed polyamory because it's two couples. That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Look.
Speaker 3: We're going to get into it. She's gonna call in and we've got a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: Laura's mother in law involved in that situation.
Speaker 3: Also dream she's trying to get Laura to that farm because Ellie Ellie will cook for them.
Speaker 1: Got it. Okay, that's on the way here at the pickup around Australia for your Wednesday vo It's Wednesday, Avaux, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here listen. If you stuck on a Mother's Day gift, You've got a couple of days. Now Chemists Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse great savings every day.
Speaker 4: Imagine taking a wrong turn out in the borstion in the middle of nowhere. Then your car gets bogged and you're lost. Oh no, and you're completely lost. Your cell phone doesn't work and you can't be found for six days.
Speaker 1: Sounds like I would last six days, I'd last about six hours.
Speaker 4: Well, this happened to an Australian woman somewhere out in the deep south of Victoria. She went out on a drive she thought she was heading towards some destination, took a wrong turn, got lost in the wilderness, and then didn't get found for six days. However, it's not the being lost part. It's how she managed to survive in her car. That's the real highlight of this story. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 5: A woman lost in Victoria's high country for nearly a week has spoken about her ordeal. Lilian Ip was bogged for six days in bushland in Mission, Missa, with only lollies and a juice fox and wine to survive.
Speaker 4: That sounds like my dream isn't what Yeah away from my children for six whole days.
Speaker 3: I get bogged in my laund room all the time, and I just live on follies and wine.
Speaker 1: Are we not sure that she did this on purpose? Did she want to be saved? Also?
Speaker 4: Who's driving around with just maybe she was heading to a dinner party? Who's driving around the row bottle of wine is floating around.
Speaker 5: In their car? No?
Speaker 2: I did see this. She was taking it to her mom. It was a present for a month. Oh bless, how do you get that loss?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: On a trip to your mom with a bottle of wine and some lollies?
Speaker 3: She was actually going on a bush ad bench on the way to my mum must live out there somewhere, because I know that she was going to see like a water for a Laura dam or something and then take the white to her mom and she got bogged on the way.
Speaker 2: She brought some supplies.
Speaker 1: Hold on, did she ration gummy bears?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Did she put them out on the dash of the car and go the green ones of a Monday, then the yellow ones of for Tuesday, and then I'll have a sip of wine on Wednesday? Because she could have been there for months.
Speaker 4: Also, though I have been told and I feel like I've now been lied to throughout my whole life that wine's very dehydrating, but that's the only thing she's sustaining herself on. Also, the other thing that she said is that she is allergic to wine, which makes it so much funnier because I truly think we're all allergic to wine.
Speaker 2: It's caught a hangover, Isn't it funny?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: You make a good point, Mitch, because if you're lost and you don't know when someone's coming, Like if.
Speaker 2: You have a bag of lollies, do you just starve.
Speaker 3: Yourself and be like, I better only have a quarter of a lollier day in case it takes a month. Yeah, Or you're like I'm going to age six days, I could probably hit a quarter of.
Speaker 1: The package one today to tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You would have absolutely no idea, So yeah, I mean, I would just assume I was going to get found prior to six days.
Speaker 2: I'd probably eat them on the first hour.
Speaker 1: Apparently, when she was found, the one thing that she was dying for the most was a cigarette. Apparently she asked the sees if she could light up a cigarette and helicopter.
Speaker 3: She's going through with drawals as well, could you imagine allergic to wine in the bush?
Speaker 2: No food with draws? What a nightmare.
Speaker 4: I think it's more because like the perfect little you know, the way to round that out, Siggies, some wine and some Lolly's.
Speaker 2: That's a Saturday night right there.
Speaker 1: That's so good. This is the most classic Australian missing person ever in America. They're like, I was lost in the Rockies for months and I had to live on hyaenemy.
Speaker 3: I had to chop my arm off to get out, and here were like I only had wine and I didn't have a diary.
Speaker 4: I mean, who knew that a bottle of wine and a chop a chop could save a life?
Speaker 2: She's alive.
Speaker 3: I'm glad she's well.
Speaker 1: It's an important PSA. Everyone all right's stand by. Next on the show, we have a very very interesting guest that I'm not really sure about. Laura, I know you and I have been on the fence with this.
Speaker 4: I'm not not sure about. I just think it is so different how they are living their relationship life.
Speaker 2: I'm about it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to talk to her.
Speaker 1: Our next guest is in a polyquad relationship, two couples coming together, multiple kids, one roof. It's interesting and she'll join us next on the pickup. It's the pickup around the country. Wednesday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today great savings every day, guys.
Speaker 3: I have a guest on the line for us to talk to you today. I'm super intrigued by her. Her name is Taya Heartless and she is coming to us from the state. She's in a polyamorous couple in a close quad.
Speaker 1: Tya joins us now she's here. Welcome to pick up.
Speaker 2: Ya, Hi, hi okay.
Speaker 4: I have so many questions about how you originally navigated this. So how did you even meet and how did the conversation even come up that maybe we should do this all together under one roof.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So, we were both previously married to our current legal spouses. My husband and I decided to get on an app. We were just looking for something physical, not well versed in polyamory, didn't really know anything about polyamory at all, to be honest. We met Tyler and Alicia, and we were actually the first people that they met up with. We met one night and we had made plans for the following weekend. The first night we met, and then we just couldn't get enough of each other. We kept making more and more plans and spending more and more time together. Honestly, we didn't know what it was at first, but we started developing feelings and lots of trial and error, lots of communication, but ultimately found ourselves really to a polyamorous quad. So it's kind of a square with no innercept. Everybody is straight except for myself, so that's where there's no intersections. But yeah, we kind of figured it out as we went along, but we were not we none of us were polyamorous previous to this.
Speaker 1: Wow, So tell you so quickly. So it's yourself and Sean. You're a couple prime, and then Alicia and Tyler a couple and you coexist, so the men don't. They're not in a relationship together. It's yourself, and then it would be Tyler and then Alicia and Sean, and then you swap and change around.
Speaker 6: Right, and absolutely we consider each other metamoras the non romantic relationships. I consider Alicia my partner. She's just my non romantic partner. I have to make decisions with her, I have to communicate with her. I co parent with her, so I very much consider her my partner, but she is straight, so there's no romantic side of it.
Speaker 3: So Teya, how does it work in terms of when you set the rules up of when you can sleep with the other partner? How does that work and do you set these strict boundaries?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so originally we would when we first moved in together, we would spend two nights with our married spouse and then one with the other and we would kind of rotate that way. But because of work schedules and just general life, nobody was getting enough time with each other. It just wasn't We weren't getting the time that we wanted. So we reevaluated pretty quickly and we just since then have done every other night. The guys switch rooms. It was started with the girls until we had babies, and now it's just easier for the guys to switch rooms back and forth and they just switch every other night.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of babies, how many children do you have between you that you all parent together.
Speaker 6: We have four currently going on five.
Speaker 4: So congratulations, you're pregnant, right, congratulations.
Speaker 6: Tyler and Aisha had two older kids when we met them that were three and four at the time, and then we've had I've had one and Alicia has birthed one since we've been Again.
Speaker 1: We don't know who the father is, including your.
Speaker 6: It's one of two choices, but.
Speaker 1: We've married and down.
Speaker 6: We didn't regulate biology, and you know, people are always concerned with medical history, but we went through I mean, we have the relevant medical histories and there was no concerns that popped up. So for us, this was just the best way to kind of leave things just kind of equal and not have any discrepancies and just raise the kids as they are.
Speaker 4: What happens when the kids get a bit older and what if they become curious and they want to know who is their biological dad.
Speaker 6: We've had that conversation and for us it didn't matter, and it doesn't matter why they're young, right, but if they express interest in wanting to know their biology specifically, then we're more than happy to take that journey with them.
Speaker 4: Do you ever worry about them being bullied in school or their friends or their friends families not understanding the arrangement that you have and that impacting them at school at all.
Speaker 6: We're going on four years together now and we have introduced ourselves as a blended family to their teachers every year. We've never had any problems with school wise. They've even switched schools since we've been together, and they haven't had any issues with bullying. We've obviously lost adult friends and adult family members, which has impacted them to an extent, but we would much rather them not accept us rather than our kids grow up and choose an alternative lifestyle and then have to go through that with grandparents or friends or families. So you know, it's it's not easy, but so far it hasn't affected the kids' relationships and we're we're rather social when it comes to hosting events and having kids over and stuff, and we've never had a.
Speaker 2: Problem in your relationship. Are there any levels of jealousy? Is there any?
Speaker 3: Are you ever like, Oh, yeah, I think you're spending too much time? Are you giving too much attention to one?
Speaker 1: How do you balance that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So jealousy is a human emotion. We are absolutely not immune to jealousy at all, and over time it's definitely gotten easier, but it still comes up. Absolutely, there's I think that we just view it differently. So our whole view is that if you're feeling jealous like communication is huge, So just even if it's irrational, Hey, I'm feeling some type of way. It's not your fault, but this is what I'm feeling, and say, you know, Sean has been spending a lot of time with Alicia and they have a date night coming up, and I feel jealousy surrounding that. Ultimately, I would rather plan a date night for us and add to that rather than take away his date night with her. So that's kind of how we approach it is like, what am I missing? Do I need more time with you? Do I what kind of need is not being fulfilled for me that I can get from you, so that you can still maintain this relationship and what you have with her, and also add to our relationship and fulfill my needs.
Speaker 3: I have a billion other questions, So I hope we can speak to you in another time. But thanks for sharing your story.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love hearing it.
Speaker 6: You're so welcome. Thank you for having me all.
Speaker 1: Right, everybody stand by. I have discovered that my mother has been keeping a part of me in a little box in the garage. My entire life sounds like, you know what, it's Jeffrey Dahma in a loving way. It's real. It's a part of me that I didn't know existed in a garage, my mother's house. I'll tell you what it is next. Welcome to the pickup, Britt Laura Mitchia. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, Chemists Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances to the lowest prices. Chemists Warehouse Great savings every day, ladies. I've been spending some time at my family home, hanging out with fam so important. My mom's just had her sixtieth so I've been at home in my home I grew up in, very wholesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love my family, you know, real family.
Speaker 2: You have a wonderful family, beautiful people.
Speaker 1: I adore them all so much. And my family home where my little sister still lives. I was looking through my old bedroom stuff. You know, when you go through you want to get some stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bit of a nostalgia as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I came across my baby box in the garage, which is that's actually quite cute. It's a gap box. So my mum clearly bought me some gap shoes as a baby. It's a little bat baby Gap shoe box and my teddy Bear is in there, Blue Teddy Bear. My hospital spend is in there.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so I wish I was that sentimental.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. And I've got notes that the doctor's journal and the first steps in the first walk, and my mum is very sentimental. She's beautiful. I was two months premature. I was in hospital for the first three months of my life. I was really really unwell. They didn't think I was going to make it. I was flown to hospital to hospital. You wouldn't look at me and think that now, I would not think for me. Yeah, I'm making up the lost time here. I'm gigantic and I'm going through this baby box and going, this is gorgeous. I have this. I want to do this for my future kids. And I get to the very bottom of the box. I lump out all these books and I find a Fisherman's Friend's tin, a vintage Fisherman's Friends tin. I'm born in nineteen ninety five, so this is a rusted on tin and I go, what's it? What could possibly be in here? And it's got a little bit of twine wrapped around, and I go, this so what is it? He's beautiful. So I unwrapped the twine. I opened it. He's rusted on Fisherman's friend tin. I gotta pull it open because it hasn't been opened in twenty seven years. And inside this Fisherman's Friend's tin is a swab of cotton wool, and sitting on top of it is what looks to be a shriveled piece of prawn, like a little bit of like dried onion, you know, they put it on Vietnamese dishes like it looked like a little bee in spring, the Spanish onion. So I bring it up to mom, I go, mom, what is this in my baby box? What is is? What do you think? What have you kept? And she said on me, that's your foreskin?
Speaker 4: What no, no, no, no, my.
Speaker 7: Mom has kept my foreskin in a Fisherman's Friends mintin Did you ask her why, like, of all the memories, of all the things that she wanted to keep to immortalize your childhood.
Speaker 1: Why that she's embarrassed? She's so embarrassed. There was also teeth and like a little bit of my hair. I think they're wondering in case I die, they could bald like a fake, Mitch.
Speaker 3: I don't think keeping the foreskins actually think like no, don't get me wrong. I love this with Michelle, like she's taking sentimental to the next level. I'm surprised to fit in a little studdying tin, Mitch. I would have thought you'd be saying big, like a shoe box or something.
Speaker 1: It was the size of the hole. Who out know this thing is roll off? You know, you know this is a perfect exclation. You know, when you peel off like a toenail and it kind of curls like springs back and curls up. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 4: Because it probably looks like a tiny little bit of beef jerky.
Speaker 2: You're slightly disgusting that.
Speaker 1: It was unfortunately really small like.
Speaker 4: It was, because over time it's twenty eight year olds dehydrated, shriveled up.
Speaker 2: But you're also a baby because I am not sentimental. I have not held on too many things for the kids. And it's like I kind of look back.
Speaker 4: And when you say you've got this beautiful shoe box of stuff, I wish I had been more sentimental, but I did keep You know, when you have a baby and they clamp down on the umbilical cord and then they chop it off, so that falls off after a couple of weeks or four weeks or something. And I did keep both the girls on bbilical cords, but I haven't gotten around to putting it in anything, so they're just floating around. We've got that like you know, you know how everyone's got one of those drawers, and it's the junk draw There's two.
Speaker 2: Umbilical cords in that role.
Speaker 1: I don't know who is who, so I'm so lucky to it.
Speaker 3: When they're a bit older, I mean, I don't think they need to know which one.
Speaker 5: Is this that.
Speaker 1: When I was house sitting at your house, I thought that was like a chip clip.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look exactly like a chip clip.
Speaker 1: Jenny's called is on thirteen six five? Jenny, what have you kept you creep? Hi?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 1: Well, nothing like Backside three girls? Okay, but thank goodness I couldn't.
Speaker 7: But I definitely their umbilical cords.
Speaker 2: Likely, ah yes, So can I ask what? What what is the purpose of? Like nothing against it?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I don't think my mum kept anything of mine, But what's the purpose, Like, what are you going.
Speaker 1: To do with it.
Speaker 5: Oh nothing, and my girl would gross oun bite too?
Speaker 3: Is yours floating around? Just like an open drawer as well for anyone to do?
Speaker 5: I kept everything. I kept teeth, and there is a little box that smile at you when you open it up.
Speaker 3: Every head.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, hold on? You put them on a necklace, or if you put them in like a clay piece of clay so it looks like a mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just in a little jewelry box that I've blued them all in so that when you open it up, it's just a little smile.
Speaker 4: Wait, you've actually arranged them in the arrangement of the teeth.
Speaker 1: Oh my, too much. Imagine if my mom did that and she got a photo of me as a baby, and then just.
Speaker 5: You know what she.
Speaker 3: Plays at your twenty first It's like not pin the tail and the donkey.
Speaker 1: Its very funny. Oh my god, that's great, and now everyone knows I'm circumcised. Yeah are you? Let's end the show on that note. You the real highs and lows. What's next? H We are done. We'll speaking of foreskin woodies on next will guys, We'll see you tomorrow for Thursday have a great day.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 4: Everyone,