Speaker 1: Laura, and come on, hi, hello everyone.
Speaker 2: Can you believe no one won that power ball? They're doing it again tonight.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I can believe it because the statistics of winning the powerball are something like, you're more likely to get I was gonna say, bitten by a shark, but that's very terrible timing, because someone got.
Speaker 3: Bitten by a shark recently. Laura, it's not a chunk. It's awful.
Speaker 5: It's too soon, Laura.
Speaker 3: It is. You're more likely to get hit by a car.
Speaker 4: But I bet you someone's been hit by a car recently as well, because statistics.
Speaker 3: Say or well, you're a head. Anyway, It's been a lovely day everyone.
Speaker 5: I'm genuinely shocked at no one won because I bought tickets. I always buy tickets. I'm I am a lot of person.
Speaker 1: I'm a winner.
Speaker 5: Like inside, I'm a winner.
Speaker 2: You are the most boomer jen exer I've ever met in my life, like lives and breathes a lotto like my mom.
Speaker 1: It's next level.
Speaker 4: I also like how you say I am a winner on the inside, but on the outside you're definitely not a winner since you've never won it yet.
Speaker 3: But you've got to be in it to win it.
Speaker 5: How are you guys going to feel when I win one hundred million dollars? What are you going to You're gonna be my kiss in my butt?
Speaker 1: Then aren't you.
Speaker 3: Two hundred million?
Speaker 1: Don't you worry?
Speaker 2: I'm going to hit you up for all those loans and all the coffees that you know I've bought you in the past.
Speaker 1: But we're actually going to live the experience because.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest pot. It's funny, because Mitch o us funny.
Speaker 1: We're going to owe you money, get off it.
Speaker 2: We're going to be leaving the dream today because the woman, Hey, Amy's Anna. She's the person that calls you if you win the big number, and she's calling us today to show us what it feels like when it happens.
Speaker 3: What if I've won? I don't think that's why she's calling, but I reckon it the happiest job in the world.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not a setup enough we booked her.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, before we speak to Anna, we're going to do one of our favorite segments, which is an ask uncut, where you guys writing or calling with your biggest predicaments. And today we're going to be talking all about those problematic in laws.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right, that's on the way. Let's start the show. It's the pickup. It's Thursday, which means it's time to do this.
Speaker 6: Ask Uncut.
Speaker 5: So ask Guncut is something we do every single Thursday on our podcast, Life Uncut Podcast, and we love it so much we've brought it here.
Speaker 3: To the Pickup.
Speaker 5: It's where you guys writing or call up with your biggest problems and we do our best to answer them. And today we have Sarah on the phone. Now Sarah has a bit of an issue with the in laws.
Speaker 3: What's up, Sarah?
Speaker 6: Hi there. So it's not the in laws but one of the in laws, my mother in law specifically.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's happening? Tell us?
Speaker 6: My mother in law will sometimes pick up my kid from school. Sometimes we'll look after the kids, like for a few hours, but regardless, they are constantly feeding them with sugar, constantly donuts, lollies, like chips, just junk food, and I've asked them to stop, but they they keep doing it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So when your mother in law is picking the kids up, is it because you're not able to get them yourself, or like you need hurt it, Like, is she helping you in these instances or is it because she wants to spend time with them. She's their grandmother, obviously she wants to spend time with them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she does want to spend time with them, but it is actually because they can't get off work sometimes, so she's like doing us a favor and she she does want to hang out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Sarah, does it affect the kids? Like are the kids coming back, Revd? Or you just don't like you like one of those green mums that are like, my kids have to have collagen and bone broth?
Speaker 1: Is it affecting them or you just don't like that they're eating sugar.
Speaker 6: No, it is actually affecting them. They come home like they come back to me and they're completely hyper, just peeing off the walls. And I am also very health conscious, like you know, I make bone broth from a scratch, like yeah, chicken carcasses for like four hours, so it's in most of their meals. So they've gut health. But I'm very like conscious of that. But they're also.
Speaker 2: Kids just want a little lollie I met.
Speaker 5: Do you think that they deserve it? Is that what you're saying you think that they have the bone broth at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's one you can't send.
Speaker 5: Little wild beasts back to their parents at nighttime. Like I don't have kids, but even I know that rule. I think, Sarah, what you've got to do is obviously obviously they're doing you a favor by helping you out and babysit the them, but they still have to respect your wishes. So I think what you should do is start to pack the afternoon treats that could be maybe something you approve, like a natural version of sugar, if that's what you're happy with, but send it so there's there's no other option.
Speaker 1: What a week grass shot or.
Speaker 4: Like faces like this is no okay, I agree. I totally agree with you, brand, and I agree that in a perfect world, you know, people should respect your parenting, especially the in laws like grandparents should respect the way that you want to raise your kids. But I do kind of sometimes think you've got to like pick, like, what's the lesser of two evils? If they're helping you out if it's infrequent, is the juice worth the squeeze with how much it might hurt? But you're right, law I'm kind of like, is a couple of lollies, you know, every couple of weeks a big deal.
Speaker 6: I don't know, like I do worry about things like, you know, diabetes and teeth heals and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Mate, my kids are screwed. Then put it that way. I'm messed up.
Speaker 2: No, Sarah, I was an LCM kid growing up, like I had all the treats in the world.
Speaker 3: To be fair, you're pretty unwell sometimes.
Speaker 1: Good point. Talk to your mother in law. It's great, that's what that is for.
Speaker 3: Though, right, you can't send the kids with a chicken carcass. That's what I'm imagining. He's afternoon. But Sarah, you sound like.
Speaker 4: You're amazing mum and you were doing such good work with the kids.
Speaker 3: But god, it's hard. I understand. But also it's really hard.
Speaker 4: I know sometimes you want you have a specific way that you want your kids to parent, and I think you know sometimes sometimes you've got to pick what's the what's the easiest route, you know, the path of this resistance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is true because pain for bacare school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and do in your favor. It would be different if you were vegan and they were trying to feed the kid meat. Then I'd say, oh, we probably should have a chat about that.
Speaker 6: That's that's true. I mean at least they do get their you know, meet and beds and they are very valid like throughout the week.
Speaker 1: So are we talking about kids or do you have two Yorkshire Terrians that your mum helps pick up? It's no, okay, no, no, they sound beautiful. Thank you, Sarah. You need how like Sarah does?
Speaker 2: You can ride into the pickup dot com dot or you can dm as on the pickup Instagram next on the show. If you've ever wanted to live out your experience of getting I mean, what's up for grabs two hundred million dollars and the powerball tonight. Enna is the girl that calls you if you're the one to win huge.
Speaker 3: It sounds like the best job in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so close your eyes next and you might be able to feel like you're actually winning two hundred meal on the pickup after this, Hey, today is the big day. The two hundred million dollar powerball didn't go off last week.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know the BRIT's excited about this because she's the one out of the three of us who always buys a lottery ticket.
Speaker 1: I've never bought one in my life. Britt does it every time.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you guys are so shocked by you act like I'm like sick in the head or something who doesn't want to win two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're sick in the head at all. I just love that you are so optimistic that you think you're gonna win this. I just know it won't be me, so I don't bother buying the ticket.
Speaker 2: Joining us now live on the air is the lady that could, and we'll be making the call tonight, Anna from New South Wales Lottery. She's the woman that gets to make the call to the winners to say, hello, you've won millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the pickup Anna.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hi guys, thanks so much for having me. And yes, hopefully I'll be giving you guys a call.
Speaker 4: Hi. Anda, Well, I mean I hope that you do end up calling Britt later tonight, because I will be coming to her for you know, surely you give me something, right, Britt.
Speaker 5: Look, you'll never know if I win lotto. There will be some signs I will be on a yacht with twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Other than that, you were.
Speaker 5: Not seeing an inch of it.
Speaker 4: And I think these must be honestly the happiest job in the world.
Speaker 3: But like, what is it like?
Speaker 4: What's that moment like when you call do people believe that it's actually happening or does it take them a while to process it?
Speaker 7: It certainly is such a rewarding job. I love every day ringing every day Australians to let them know they've won a life changing amount of money, and it certainly is. It really just depends who's on the other end of the line and what sort of reaction might I'm fold, but we've truly heard it all here at the lot. We've had people almost faint on us Sun's silence. We're wondering if they're still on the other end of the line. Yeah, we've even had people say, you know, you might want to call triple zero just in case. So we've truly heard it all. And even this is quite funny. Someone had to go on the toilet, So so many funny stories here when we call our winners.
Speaker 5: Wow, are you not tempted to like, if someone want two hundred million dollars, are you not tempted to call them and be like, oh my god, you want one hundred and ninety million and then just like sipher that extra ten million into your pocket.
Speaker 7: That would be quite the prank. And I'm not sure if they would hate me or love me at the end, but its extra ten million dollars would definitely not.
Speaker 1: Go astray, right, Okay, Nna, I want to do a little demo.
Speaker 2: So for everyone in Australia, close your eyes, not if you're driving, but if you're in the car, eyes over it and maybe perhaps run us through like a faux call. Pretend it's britt because she's the one that buys the lottery tickets, she's the boomer.
Speaker 1: So dialing Brittany Hockley. Brittany Hockley.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, it's Brittany.
Speaker 7: Hi, Brittany, this is Anna from the lot How are you today?
Speaker 5: From Sorry and the Parking Lot?
Speaker 7: From the lot So, Australia's official lotteries. I'm calling because you purchased a ticket and I have some really amazing news for you. Is right now the best time.
Speaker 3: Am I on radio? Is this a prank?
Speaker 7: Definitely not a prank. Do you remember buying a ticket for Powerball?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I buy a ticket most weeks, but I don't understand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I have some great news for you, and I'm not sure if you're going to believe me, but do hold on. Now, I'm going to have to you to get that ticket. And let's pretend you've ready got the ticket.
Speaker 5: No, I have it.
Speaker 3: I keep it in my brain all the time.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting my whole life for this call.
Speaker 3: I've got it here.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: It might be a bit sweaty, but you might want to grab that ticket out because it's going to be life changing for you and I really want to tell you that amazing news. So, so you've got that ticket, and we'll just need you to get that ticket number. You'll have to read it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just I don't even need to read it. It's seventy five eighty twenty one, nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 7: Perfect, let's just go with that. And that's that's all the numbers I have here. So, Brittany, it is my absolute pleasure to confirm that you have one that million dollars in the lottery draw that you have entered. Congratulations, How did it feel?
Speaker 5: Oh? My god? I I just don't even know what to say, are you sure it's only a million?
Speaker 3: Because it was a two hundred million I entered.
Speaker 1: This is like a terrible porno.
Speaker 2: The acting is shocking, scene en scene to be there.
Speaker 3: I'm there for the excitement.
Speaker 4: I honestly, I can't even imagine how beautiful it must be calling people and telling them, oh that they've won that much money.
Speaker 3: It's a million dollars two hundred million? Was that not real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're about to be sued by Brittany Hockley and a good luck.
Speaker 7: That's my bad.
Speaker 1: That to edit from New South Wales Lotteries.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty crazy that you're going to hang up from us and you're going to make that call very soon tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't wait. Well, it's about seat. Wait, I'm very exciting.
Speaker 4: What happens if the numbers don't get caught is just go on to another night, just keep on rolling on until someone wins.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So, due to the nature of the game, it is a jackponn in game, so if there's no Division one winners, it will jackpot until it's one. So not too sure how high it will go, but it definitely will be a life changing prize if someone was to win hopefully go through one or more players would be nice, but hopefully we will be making that call tonight.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll talk to you later. Anna talk to you tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, stand by Next on the show, Laura, what is going on with your kids?
Speaker 4: Look, you really need to pick your battles when it comes to children and mar child, she's quite a new interest in a toy that's kind of more an adult toy, and she probably shouldn't be playing.
Speaker 1: With belongs in Mum and Dad's top draw, not the toy.
Speaker 3: Look, it's been a bit of a problem. This is a battle I think should pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's next. Other pick up.
Speaker 4: Now, when it comes to children, any parent knows that you have to pick your battles, right because if you don't pick your battles, you're at war every single day with tiny, tiny little terrorists.
Speaker 1: I'll be picked for you, they'll be picked for you.
Speaker 4: And I have a two year old, I have a four year old, and I am well versed in picking my battles these days. Now, last week I was telling you, guys, how so my husband, Matt he he does a lot of funny skits on Instagram.
Speaker 3: That's like he's a content creator.
Speaker 4: That's his bread and butter, and he works with lots of different brands. Now, he as a grown man, has a costume box in our house that's filled with so many weird and wonderful things like truly like you know, wigs, I'm talking costumes, I'm talking whatever, things that you wouldn't think that a grown man would have, but he's got them in his costume box. Anyway, recently, Lola, because the kids love they you know, little kids, they love getting into a costume box.
Speaker 3: Of course, there's nothing better.
Speaker 4: This was a couple of weeks ago and Lola pulled out something that she took a particular liking too. Now, the reason why she took a liking to it is because it is long, it is red, it is made from like a latex finish, and it's actually an adult writing crop which maybe used for some special times in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: Now the tassles on the edd no, it's like a whip on the end.
Speaker 3: It's for spanking wee boy put that together. Thanks Laura, thanks for breaking it down.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Lola, she took it out of the box this one day and she was calling at her magic wand and so that was funny.
Speaker 3: And this is going downhill rapidly.
Speaker 4: And she walks around the house now with her magic wand and she'll say, abracadabra, you're a frog.
Speaker 3: And then you have to get down and pretend to be a frog.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this was going on for a couple of weeks and she because she Lola, is very much when she gets like fixated on a toy, she gets a real attachment to it.
Speaker 3: So for a while there it was a mickey mouse. Now it's the writing crop.
Speaker 4: So I put it in the bin this one day because I was like, well, I need to get rid of the writing crop. And I in bed and Matt comes running upstairs and he goes, heye, where's Lola's where's Lalla's magic wand? And I was like, you know, and I know that this is not a magic wand like, why are we playing into this. He's like, she's downstairs, she's having a tantrum. And I said, it's in the bin. So he went and he pulls it out of the bin. And all that did was reinforce how much she's so attached to this now writing crop. So then she wouldn't she wouldn't just keep it inside. Now she carries it outside with her.
Speaker 3: So there we are.
Speaker 4: We went for a family walk to go and get coffees and lunch with Lola and Marley May and the riding crop and mom and dad. But the thing is is that she'll go up to complete strangers now and go.
Speaker 3: Abrica Debra and whips out the writing crop.
Speaker 5: It also doesn't help when you hold a bedroom riding crop up and yell abracadabra, get down and.
Speaker 3: Be a frog's people are gonna be like we did. She hear this dialogue. She's whipping this rip around.
Speaker 5: She's gone get down with a whip, Laura, you need to replace it with it. Go and get her an actual like Harry Potter wand, an actual wand and say this is a more magic. Take the whip away in it and give her like no, she has other ones.
Speaker 4: She's got fairy wings, she's got proper ones, but she prefers the red latex one. Look, it's very shiny and it does a good job, like mother, like babraca dabra.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 1: That's good. All right, let's get out of here before the show gets taken off. Yeah, we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: See you guys. Bye guys.