Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week never night. Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with Alana MacLean, my bestie from the Westy of Australia, who is the definition of a housewife expert who I absolutely love catching up with each week, we go deep on the tenth episode of Beverly Hills season fourteen, which is called Sweet Home Augusta and I make a bit of a revelation as to why this week's episode is the very essence of what I like about this flagship version of the franchise. We will discuss the way on which this episode launches with the montage that shines a light on the holistic version of what's been happening to Pekan Derite in their time on this series.
Speaker 2: I will get Alana's perspective.
Speaker 1: On Kyle Richards's current state of play with her marriage breakdown. We will address the choice from Bravo to have Kathy have a dinner party with Garcel, Durret and Bosma and why that seems to be a new way that we are now seeing Kathy Hilton. You will also get plenty of chat on Sudden and her lack of inclusion with all the women, what we thought of.
Speaker 2: Sutton's mum, and why.
Speaker 1: That gift from Garcel allowed us to see Sudden in a way that we've never seen before. There's actually so much to talk about, with so many inside revelations, So guys, sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hill Season fourteen, episode ten, Where are you TALKI?
Speaker 3: Oh, my goodness, Surf Coast life? Do you want to brow my hair for that?
Speaker 1: You look like every single person that is I'm looking at the window right now and there's five Alana McLean's.
Speaker 2: They all have the same hair.
Speaker 3: I'll go get my surfboard.
Speaker 2: This is how you look so youthful. You look so.
Speaker 3: Young salt therapy. Your hair is looking fabulous too, my love.
Speaker 1: This is chaos down here at the moment today because it's Ben's fortieth.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's forty of I don't realize that this is actual forty. That's so exciting, What a milestone.
Speaker 1: He's been really depressed all week because of the fact that he's leaving his thirties to go into the forties.
Speaker 2: But like, I don't know what it's wrong with me. I don't like I'm forty.
Speaker 1: I'm turning forty five next week, and I'm like, I don't care. I'm like, it doesn't really bother me how old I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Do you tell him that Kyle Richard's only got cast on the show when she was forty, And I quite often hold on to that because I feel like, well, you know, life can start at forty.
Speaker 2: You know, she looked like a foot when she turned up on that show, and she is. She is now Chef's Kiss.
Speaker 3: And I love when I see those memes of like when everyone looks better and it says just a reminder that you're not ugly, you're just poor.
Speaker 1: Something in this week's episode, maybe think I've been living my life wrong, and that is that I would give away all of my life experiences just to have one room in my house that looks like Sutton Strat's house in Augusta, Like, oh those.
Speaker 3: Rooms, yeah, oh that house be beautiful. The money, like she's bat she crazy ninety nine percent of the time, but the money, what.
Speaker 2: Would you prefer to be?
Speaker 1: Would you prefer to be rich and lacking self awareness like sudden Yes, I picked that.
Speaker 3: One because she's having a great time. She doesn't know that she's fucking off the dial. She's having a great time with their random comments and cutting people off when they're having a breakdown, and she doesn't care.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't be doing this podcast if you were certain strat.
Speaker 2: Even in the lightest I would block your number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'd be blocking yours too.
Speaker 1: We open this episode with a montage of Derete and PK's relationship recap, like an episode recap of married at First sight, Like the editing of the way they put that together. It was like bang bang bang, explosive, Like everything that you saw was polarizing because one thing I will say about the two of them is that their relationship has always seemed a little too bizarre to me, do you know what I mean? Like a little bit odd, because they're either grandstanding their relationship and saying, you know, kind of cringe worthy standing up and reading out letters of love. You know, all of that stuff has always been kind of polarizing to them. What we're seeing now, which is also polarizing because who the hell is sharing this much about a marriage breakdown on television, Well, I just.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree more. I think that starting it in such a dramatic way in the sound effects, I was like, whoa, Like, we're in for a ride.
Speaker 4: As I stand here tonight, welcome in our friends and family, It's an opportunity for me to confess publicly. Oh baby, it's you, baby, and you alone. Let's go through this world together in love. You look unbelievable, You look radiant, You look gracious, Jagga, what.
Speaker 2: Do you think son?
Speaker 3: Yes or no? What do you think? Yes?
Speaker 4: I can conquer the world with just one hand, as long as your old the other one.
Speaker 1: PK.
Speaker 3: You bring a lot of color and purpose to my life, a life that is seemingly impossible to live if you weren't by my side. I'm just thinking about my huve and to thead of my life, to the king of my dreams and the mate of my soul.
Speaker 4: So we need our bailves. That's address I would expect you to wear.
Speaker 3: We got it right the first time around. I don't want to like tempt face.
Speaker 2: See I can't stand if that wasn't it.
Speaker 5: Okay, we had a really difficult year he was spending a lot of time in London, and it.
Speaker 3: Was a year that I needed him the most.
Speaker 4: You have been through a really traumatic thing, and also you have a lot of fear in you that isn't rational. And there are also elements that I don't consider our PTSD. I consider they're more obnoxious.
Speaker 5: I started to feel like, is it possible pequn I would not make it.
Speaker 4: When I first met Dreik, she was not quite as high maintenance as she is now.
Speaker 3: Now now, I mean, hats off to the editors this season, because I feel the way that they have been including a lot of these rollback footage clips, have actually added so much to the story. Because you do you forget? I mean, some people, you know, watch it a million times over like me and watch all the old ones, But if you are just watching it one week at a time, you do you forget. They did have these big birthday parties for each other, They did say these things. They were lovey dovey that we thought of and so it is it's important to sort of see that back to then see the juxtaposition of how far it's fallen and where we are now, and it makes it land differently because you've seen that footage at the start, So I mean it is like watching a whole different storyline play out in terms of the relationship and the personalities within it.
Speaker 1: Imagine if we had rollbacks with in real time, like our real lives, we'd be like canceled. But I mean it is hard when you're seeing it all rolled back into a package like that for those two. And you know, I don't know whether or not they you know, I was talking to a housewife at an opening last week. I'm sure Petti Flow won't mind me saying this from Melbourne, and she revealed that she never watched any of her episodes. She's still not seen any of it. Yeah, it would be sad. The episodes two days in advance, which is what they apparently do with the housewise to give them enough time to blog or do interviews. But Petti Flow was like, I don't I never watched any of it. I said I would be watching it, but I was there, so I wouldn't watch it. I just wonder whether or not there's a therapist sitting next to p K and Dereite separately whilst they watched this series back, Because this is opening a whole lot of can of worms that would be very hard to process.
Speaker 2: I could imagine.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean not to cut too far forward, but where we saw her basically say that he wasn't a good father, I thought, whoa.
Speaker 2: I think he's a very good father. Am I correct wrong?
Speaker 3: There are times that I think Picky's the greatest father in the world. But is he the most hands on father? The truth is no. She's since gone on the after show and said, look, I was angry. It was the heat of the moment. I do think he's a good father, but she sort of alluded to the fact that he wasn't hands on. That he's a good father in other ways. But I just thought that is where it's going to get very ugly and irreparable, when you start bringing the kids into it, and there's just certain things you can't take back. And we thought it was ugly when she started by admitting he was an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: He's a bad father.
Speaker 1: Like the list goes on, and like, you sent me a message the other day and I might have been drinking because I read it back and I thought it was a bit harsh. But you sent me a clip of a part of this, you know, And I said, I hate her. I think it's a really strong word. But I've got friends that are currently going through divorce and it is a really hard space to navigate, and it is a really personal thing to do as well. And the one thing I've learned from being a bystander of it is that it's a very dangerous space to be shaming the other person. And all of these people I know, I've got children, so like, shouldn't Derete and PK be protecting the children by not talking about it. PK's been on a podcast which I said to you this week, you know, and he has rebutted a lot of this stuff, And the only thing I took from his rebuttal was you should chut your mouth.
Speaker 4: So Duit's lack of understanding about sobriety is not her fault. She hasn't invested in it, and it's not something you know. She hasn't worked a program and hasn't done what I've done. So there is no fully blown alcoholic. You're either an alcoholic or you're not right. And I felt that some of those descriptions, which obviously my alcoholism, had an element of responsibility in relation to the breakdown of our marriage, but that was just a component.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's a hard one in that Durite has signed up to do this show. It's a reality show. We really put the hard word on them to be honest about their real lives. And when they don't, and when we feel like we're not seen it, we are angry at that as a viewer. And you know, you and I have spoken about Sutton, which actually, ironically enough, we did start to see some of her real life this episode. But you know, so I feel like she's been put into this place. She's also been protecting him for all these years, as we have since found out. But also I sort of feel like, don't forget. P K is a talent manager. He is very well versed in the world of pr. He is very well versed in creating hype, shaping narrative, doing all those things. Remember when Erica Jane was in the midst of her sort of legal turmoil and was posting all these sexy shots on Instagram and he was like, she shouldn't be doing that, she should be doing this. Don't forget. He knows what to do. You know, whether she's gone too far potentially, but don't forget if he's recognizing that she's going all the way to the left, he's going to go, well, I'm going to go to the right and let her kind of hang herself out to drive, because then he gets to look like the nice guy, even if it's potentially not true, just by shutting it up.
Speaker 1: You're right, I didn't think about it, like his silence up until that podcast that I saw. It's worked in his favor because if you look at the time, it's turned with the comments on social media where people are saying that Dauri's saying way too much in poor p K.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? And like, at the end of the day, PK is not a great guy.
Speaker 3: Like from all of this, it's hard because we don't know as a viewer, Like she's saying she got this horrible email. It was seven pages long that I've heard in some interviews it was nine pages long.
Speaker 2: And taking she's sing.
Speaker 3: Taking a lot of it on face value. I do I do believe who when I say they had a toxic relationship and that he was horrible to her.
Speaker 2: But she signed up for this, Alana.
Speaker 1: I will say this and I don't know it, but this is how I feel she signed up for this relationship because she signed up for the money, right like, as in, she wants to be with PK because he afforded her this lifestyle. And this is what happens to women who sign up to be in a relationship with a man for money, is that the love isn't there.
Speaker 2: It's going to go toxic. He's going to.
Speaker 1: Feel abused, he's going to feel like she's only there for the cash. And to me, with all the seasons we've seen a top wearing all of those expensive clothes, she's been bleeding this man dry for years, Like, well.
Speaker 3: I don't see it that way. I feel like, yes, she might have married him for money initially, but where he's gotten pissed off and over it is because her fame and her status is now outshining him and he's got the shits as a man who is now suffering from that power dynamic shift. And he's trying to get out before the ten years, as Erica says, because then he won't have to pay up the full amount and probably get it on with some younger chick that needs him again so he can feel needed. Whereas I feel like with her, she's sort of made her own way, and we've seen it a lot of the Bravo franchise with these relationships, the dynamic ships, with this level of fame and this level of your own income and your own you know, she's booked, she's busy, she's doing all these things. And what's he doing? Take around boy, George, I don't even know if he's still doing that.
Speaker 1: There's not going to be a PK reality show. Even when he was on this show and we got to see a lot of him in comparison to some of the other husbands, he was a bit sort of he gives me the eck like he just looks a bit thirsty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure he was, and that's why he signed. He made Durite sign up to do this show. He talked her into it. So don't be mad at the monster that you've created when you've been the one to create the Frankenstein to use the analogy. So she's sort of been doing her thing. And I'm not saying she isn't a fault, and we haven't heard about her sort of part in all this behind the scenes, but I just feel like his silence is sort of letting him be seen a little bit more like the victim now, and I don't necessarily think that's the case. I think she has been blindsided. I think he's trying to wipe her out clean before this ten years. I think he's trying to be aggressive about it and hope that she just goes, okay, well, I'll just get this whole thing done quickly, so he probably wins, you know, and he doesn't have to give her the money. I don't know, but something in there is very messy, and we're watching it unfold for sure, and.
Speaker 1: She secured that diamond, which is exactly what she wanted to do. So like she's gonna be on this show for another four years. I mean, this season is the season of dereite, Like you know, no matter how which way you look at it, even with Kyle Richard's relationship marriage coming to an end, this is still the season of Derete. What sort of leveled up this episode for me and why I really liked it was there was a bit of warmth between Kyle and Moritzio, and that I really enjoyed because I wonder whether or not this could be the new normal of a relationship coming to an end. I mean, wouldn't it be nice. I'm assuming that Kyle's always curated a narrative for all of us to understand about her marriage, and maybe she's now curating an idealistic version of what a separation could look like. But the two of them taking the time to go and fire the gun and have those conversations was really mature, I thought. And it made me think two things. Could they get back together? And the other thing is is this a really good way to separate and to maintain friendship?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty heartbreaking watching Kyle do these confessionals now where she's realizing she's really lonely. She's living in that house and the girls are grown up and they're not necessarily there. And now Pusha's got a driver's license, so she's out.
Speaker 6: It's a very big life adjustment to live your life a certain way for decades. It really is grieving the last of someone who's still here. She's obviously something's happened, She's gone. That is the final straw, get out. I am done.
Speaker 3: And then she's had her crazy you know, fleeing with Morgan or whatever the hell happened there, And now she's in that place where she's like, oh, I don't know if the grass is greener over this side. But unfortunately, I think he's like cool, all right, no worries, and he's moved on. I think it's lovely that they're still friends. But to Erica's point, they haven't filed for divorce yet, they haven't used the divorce word yet. They are living as a separated couple, and they're living their own lives. When that starts to come into the equation, which it will, it's inevitable unless they get back together. But if they go down this road of continued separation, at some point, that's going to be on the table, and I feel like it will change. Like Erica said, there is no woman I know that's had a peaceful divorce unless the guy died. It's all kind of a little bit heartbreaking and poignant and reflective and nice now, but I don't necessarily think that's going to be the case moving forward.
Speaker 1: Do you think that there's a possibility of them ever being able to reconcilet Have you ever known anyone in a relationship that's separated or broken up that have recoupled that are still together, Like I kind of feel like if you if you say those words, out loud. I feel like it's almost impossible ever to have a relationship that works ever again, I mean it's even white, not that in no one cares about my personal life or my opinion really, but it's even why I've never said that with Ben. I've been with him for fifteen years. We've never said, like, even in heated arguments, I've never said that's it, I'm over and I'm walking out. And that's because I know that when you say those sorts of things, it's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you. I haven't gone back once once it's been you know, but some people have. And I think if we look at Salt Lake City, you know, Meredith had that separation from Seth, they're back together. Yes, their relationship seems a bit you know, strange bonker, but himself it can happen. I don't know if it will happen with Kyle and Mauricio. I think I think they're just in different places. And I think probably that's what the core of the issue was. He's been traveling a lot, he's been opening all these new agencies. He still likes that party lifestyle. He likes to be out and about. She doesn't want that and you mentioned it the other week. You know, maybe he's just been picking other things over her and she's had the final straw, and so I think, yes, she still loves him, She would love that family unit to be together, but I think she had to make a stand for herself. She did it, and this is where we are, and I don't necessarily know if there's a path back. I would like to see it, but I just don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I think a majority of viewers that would be watching this show would be rooting for something like that. You know, Gussel and Kyle being asked by Sutton to go to Augusta this week really didn't land well for a lot of the viewers, especially with myself considering that it felt like a segregation of the group like Sutton has entered this season with trying to talk about female dynamics and uniting the group as a whole. But the only person that has really done any damage further down that path has been Sudden and like even to not invite Jennifer Tilly on this particular weekend seem like an odd choice as well. I don't know, how did you feel when you see those mixed messages being sent out clearly by only inviting two women to go home and meet the mother.
Speaker 3: First of all, when she did all that sisterhood stuff, I was like, you are full of shit. This is just another moment where she's just she's in one headspace and she goes gung ho at it. But then the next day it's something completely different. And look, I will say when she's on point, she's on point. And there are moments where I was like, yes, sudden, like I agree with you, and you know, when she was saying about you know, Kyle and the storming out and this and that, and I do agree with her at times, but most of the time, I'm like, I just feel like she is erratic and she's volatile, and whatever suits her on that day is what she's going to do and what she's going to say.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you fire a lot of guns, you're going to hit the target. And that's what Sutton's amo is. She fires a lot of things off, some of them stick, but then there's all this other misfiring.
Speaker 3: And I didn't mind watching it in that smaller dynamic, and I kind of got her point when she was like, it's a bit more personal. I don't want every single person here. It's just a bit march. I get that, but it is hypocritical when you look back at the other episodes and what she's been trying to say about bringing people together. So it's just Sutten being Sutten.
Speaker 1: And you're right. We did get to see some really good dynamics, and it allowed us to see some dynamics with the other women as well, because shifting into what was happening with some of the other storylines, we get to see Kathy Hilton in a way that we've never seen Kathy Hilton. The kooky, crazy Kathy Hilton was taken down a notch and she was controlling storyline. We've never really seen her without Kyle, and we've never seen her driving conversations. And she was organizing a dinner yes with Deret, Erica and Bosma, and she's driving the conversation without the you know, weird kookie, yeah, crazy narrative.
Speaker 3: Hi, Sweeter, I wanted to invite you to dinner. I thought it'd be nice to have you an Eric and jury who I love that it was. I mean, I wonder how much of this is production where they go you know what we're going to split the dynamic. You guys are going to go off and do this, thought and you guys are going to go off and do this because I can't imagine that she would ordinarily be like, oh, I'm going to call Bosma, who I don't even know without my sister and like have this dinner party. So I get that there's probably an element of that being curated. Having said that, a fabulous dinner party. I was so there for the table styling. I want moniment.
Speaker 1: I bought six lemons. Like, afterwards I watched it, I went and bought lemons. I put them in a bowl. But do you know my favorite thing of the whole episode was a Kathy Hilton moment, and it was when she said to Bozma when she was inviting her, She's basically like I think she thought she was sort of talking down her.
Speaker 2: She's like, are they seashells around your neck?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Are those polka shells or pearls? No? These are these are diamonds?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Oh no, she would have they sea shells? Are they pearls? She's like, no, they're diamonds.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kathy Hilton's like.
Speaker 3: Akat, I know, no, but I mean, look, we still got a little bit of and look, I feel like this was the sweet spot for Kathy because I quite like, you know, when she was like, oh I already thought Big was fifty six and she called him Jane said a piku. I'm like, those were funny moments, but they didn't feel staged, like, Oh, I need to say something really off the wall, I need to say something really quirky. Oh, who's hunky dory? Like that type of stuff to me always felt forced. This actually felt like genuine funny moments and she's just a little bit in her own world. But then she said some very measured things. And I think when it comes to relationships, you know, her and Rick have had one of the longest relationships in Hollywood. She's got every right to step in and add some value to that conversation because she's coming from a place of a solid relationship that's lasted, you know, the test of time. So I would love to hear her perspective on relationships and whether Dree you know, is going to make it with PK or whether she thinks it's I would love I'd love to hear that.
Speaker 1: So she's in orlane, she's allowed to say that, do you know, I think you've raised a really good point there. I think it's good to be able to see her sharing that. I mean it is hard because I mean they have fuck you money, which means that I'm sure that if they have a bad day, they can go out to you know, a French restaurant that evening and that you know, can fix a relationship. I could take Ben to Gold Class and fix any drama that we've had, like you know what I mean, I'm just talking about.
Speaker 3: It at lunch corn Combo, Babe, do you.
Speaker 1: Don't when you get the five meals for like one hundred and twenty dollars? If I take I take Ben to Gold Class and we've been having a fight about something, meaning all I could take him to Gold Class and all is forgiven. Five meals and a movie and a bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if Robbie takes me to lunch. He did this a couple of weeks ago. I was like the most angry at him I've been in like forever, I think, And he was like, do you want to go to vinn Populi, which is this beautiful Italian restaurant and have a nice lunch and I was like okay, and I just like, literally my whole mood changed. I'm putting on the outfit, I'm like, let's go. So yeah, I mean, everyone's got a price, everyone's got a price.
Speaker 2: Like we're going to take you out to lunch or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or where else are we going?
Speaker 3: Can I just tell you while we're on the Cabbyton thing, I think you'll find this story really funny. So, as you know, Robby and I are going to Italy at the end of May early June, and in that trip we are actually going to Capri for three nights, the island of Capri, And so when Kathy was having this Capri themed dinner party, I was like, oh my god, because I really do feel a little bit like even though I don't really like her, I think, you know, she is a bit of a piece of work. However, I'm here for her hosting of parties, her interior day care, her Christmas styling, all of this, and I feel like, in that sense, I really am in my Kathy Hilton era. And so when she said she was having this Capri dinner party, I was like, oh my god, Like as if we could be any more aligned right now, I literally am be just a poorer version. And then I went back on to look at the Kathi Hilton hats by Lorna Murray that we were talking about a few weeks ago and that you know, she handed out all the girls those hats, and there was a capri hat which was yellow and white and yellow is my favorite color, with a little matching bag. Amazing, and I was like, I need this. Then I realized the hat that I was looking at was a child's hat. It wasn't the adult hat because she does hats for like younger kids. But I was like, I have to get it. So I went on the size, got it, and I feel like the large kids size hat could just fit me. So I ordered a large child hat, Capri style, just so I could be like Kathy Hilton and get a three yellow and white hat. True no returns, So if the hat doesn't fit, you must have quit.
Speaker 1: One of your girlfriend's kid's gonna get a really good present because.
Speaker 3: That doesn't fit, it must have quit.
Speaker 1: I'm just picturing you at like a Christmas time when they try and put the bombon hats on, you know, when you crack the thing in the hat, does it fit?
Speaker 2: And it rips.
Speaker 1: He'll be at home and you'll be crying, and Robbie'll be like, what's wrong, and you'll have half torn capri hat on your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I won't look like Kathy at all. But I just thought, you know, these things, they do have influence. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: So how is the bank balance going on Yavi to Italy?
Speaker 3: We have no money for food, but I'm going to look fabulous.
Speaker 1: Flying back into Also one of this one of the keynotes of this episode, and it may almost be my favorite episode of the series, was the return of Erica Jane in the best way possible. I think we saw Erica in this episode in a way we haven't seen Erica since her first season. Do you remember in the first season, it didn't matter how big of the drama, she gave the best advice, and she gave it from a land of on high, a land of on high, you know what I mean. It felt like she knew exactly what she was talking about, and she was dangerous with her opinion, but it was true and it was amazing. And we have watched this redemption coming for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I think she's so eloquent she's so articulate, she is very intelligent, and her delivery and being so measured about it. That is where she holds so much power because she's never giving this sort of advice in an erratic, condescending She never is. Is that she is just like, I'm going to give you the facts, and here they are.
Speaker 2: And how good.
Speaker 1: But at that point where she says she was like, I mean, it was mind blowing. I was like, Dreka, but what happens if I want to go back? He does not want you back?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, And that was the cold.
Speaker 1: You know. I've had those conversations with girlfriends myself in separation when they've been leaving and they're like, yeah, but I do still think there's a possibility. And even if they haven't said it to me, they've they've I can. I know that's what they're thinking. And you need someone to say he's gone.
Speaker 3: Do don't worry about you.
Speaker 5: I really do, And I'm sorry you're going through this, but I cannot sit here and bullship with you when I know what's coming for you. I wouldn't be a good friend. You've begged for honesty, and I'm gonna give it to you. You have to protect yourself. You have to go hold on a second. The price of Polker has completely changed. This is not my partner, this is not my friend. This is my adversary now. And let me tell you that is a dark or Lay says, I have hair on my arm.
Speaker 3: Truck her.
Speaker 2: That is a place to be.
Speaker 5: But that is where you are, and I don't know any other way to say that's you. You have to be proactive. I'm telling you right now. If you don't make these decisions, life.
Speaker 3: Will make it for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, he will make it for it. He will make it for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether this is a dangerous territory to enter, because I don't know enough about it all.
Speaker 2: But the letter that PK.
Speaker 1: Sent to her was really interesting because that's standard, that's really standard to start opening up conversations about expectation, and that's really what Dari received.
Speaker 3: I just think she's a woman that's been scored and she's about to start what he's going to be obviously quite a vicious process. And I can understand if she was like, well, I just don't know who I've been married to. This guy just seems completely different to me, and I'm going to have to. When she said, if I go to war like I'm going to go to war, I feel like that's, you know, we're going to see the grittiness. And that is what Erica did. She had to put on her gloves and fight, and it's, you know, it's an interesting step away from the fashion happy persona that we've seen for all those years, and it was the same with Erica. And I just loved that moment with Erica so much because when she said, I'm not just preaching to you, I am preaching to myself because I could have done a better job and I could have walked away sooner and it could have been beneficial to me. So I'm going to pass on, even though I don't feel like all you ladies were really there for me. I'm going to actually help you out here and give you a few tips and here's what I've learned, and here's how I think it could help you. And I just feel like she should be so vindicated for where she's at now and this redemption that she's had.
Speaker 1: I thought the thirty thousand dollars or whatever it was that was going towards there was like some money that was brought up from the guy that was even that was a modest amount of money. Like, I think she's come from a space where she would have paid thirty thousand dollars for one tea cup back in the day, and she's still.
Speaker 2: Sharing the realities of her situation.
Speaker 1: Something we started last week, which I think is important, is talking about like a favorite moment of the episode, And my favorite moment of the episode was this full circle moment to see Erica allowed to have so much confidence in the advice that she was giving so much accurate advice even though it was uncomfortable, she.
Speaker 2: Still and she maneuvered it as well. I thought.
Speaker 1: She said, you've asked me to be real, and she sort of phrased it a few times before she went in and gave the advice to allow to read some time to say, I don't want to hear that from you. I'm not ready to hear that from you. But she gave us some warnings and then she said this is it. That was my favorite part. It could almost be one of my favorite moments of the entire season. And maybe because I'm getting older, I'm enjoying truth bombs like that more than I'm enjoying the screaming the fighting.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I've felt the same, I really did. I really loved the journey of this episode. And I feel like when you watch that, you know with Erica, it was just such a poignant moment and she has been a very good friend to to read and that is definitely a moment where you can say, I'm being your genuine friend. Here is the information. And to her point where she's like, I need proof about things like you know, rubber Rah, she waited until she had that proof. When Dur brought up the email, she was like, that's all the proof I need. Now I'm going to say what I want to say. I've been thinking it, but now you've given me hard, cold facts. This is what I thought to be true. He doesn't want you. It's going to get ugly, and now I can deliver you this information on a silver platter, but in a very measured way and as a true friend. And to have the backing of Bose there, who's obviously quite a strong woman as well, and even Kathy I think you know she was like, you know, the gloves are going to have to come off. It was such a good and also yeah for Erica too, just to be like she's cwed her way out from the shit, and now here she is helping someone else get out of their shit. I mean, hats off, hats off.
Speaker 1: Those hats are expensive and I'll make sure that make sure that they're not child sized or we don't know yet. The jury's out. How many Alana maclean's you're going to give this episode?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I feel like this was I really enjoyed it. It's definitely a four point five. I'm almost keen to give it a five, but I just feel like, ooh, it was different in that we saw the groups interacting differently, and I think I quite enjoy that. I'm going to stick with four point five. I think for five the only thing I would need to get it to a five is some kind of glamorous occasion thrown in there.
Speaker 1: But that was Kathy Hilton's lemons on her shirt. Yeah, like there was opulence in this episode. Like I would say to me, this is what I want from Housewives is this episode.
Speaker 2: I watched the whole thing, and it's what I want.
Speaker 1: And it's sometimes really interesting because what I think I want is a don't talk about the husband and like a smashing of the glass or some kind of like real savage comment. But I just felt like with this episode, I was like, No, what I actually want is to immerse myself into the Beverly Hills lifestyle and the culture of it. And I feel like that's what was put forward. So I'm going to go with a five for this.
Speaker 3: Oh he's there, he is there. I love this.
Speaker 1: But that's because and I say this to you right now, Alana MacLean, and that is that we started way too high with our scoring and now we've got nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean unless it's a complete dive, you know. But I feel like, yeah, that was brilliant, and I felt like, you know, we'd had that mid season trailer and this felt like the new chapter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One thing I just want to jump in Sutton and the trip to Augusta with Reeba her mother, Like can we start to see now where Button gets a little bit of this cuckoonus from because her mum and the lack of awareness when Garcel bought her that beautiful scarf from Sas and she was like, uh, what is it? Oh a scarf? Huh.
Speaker 1: I took the time I went to Sacks, I picked out a gift.
Speaker 6: I had it wrapped, I brought it on the commercial plate.
Speaker 2: Use this is a so long you could do that skin beautiful. Maybe I should have pulled a Kyle and brought nothing.
Speaker 3: I might turn it into a sarong. And then you know, Garcelle had gone over and above to connect with her by giving her the scarf, talking about her grandkids, and she was like, whatever, Oh, Kyle, you're so pretty. I was just like, oh, that is something. Just Also, people online are like, is she like low key racist or what is going on? She felt very uncomfortable. That is the narrative that's online, people like what is going on here? But it was very to me. I wasn't really thinking about it through that lens, but I just thought, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This is where she has those odd moments where you go, how could you read it like that?
Speaker 1: Like your self alway, where she gets honestly like, you know, I don't know. We kind of preview next week's episode with a little sample of garcel having a conversation with Sutton's mother, you know, Riba, about the issues and the issues that she's been able to hear from Sutton over the years. About the fractures between this mother and daughter relationship, and it did make me think about how as a friend, the one thing I have learnt is do not take the issues that you have learnt from your friends to their parents.
Speaker 2: It is not your place.
Speaker 1: So I felt like sudden, So I feel like Garcel is setting herself up for a massive failure. And it's also worth pointing out that Riba might be the first person this season to call Garcel out for stirring the pot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, I mean I'm looking forward to seeing that unfolding the episode. And I think, you know, whether it's production that's sort of forced it or where it's come from. But we have been saying we need more from Sutton. We need to start seeing her real life and if her kids aren't around and they're not kind of part of it, we need to be seeing something else. This is giving us that we are starting to see the dynamics. We're starting to see a little bit and understand why she is the way she is. This relationship is very complicated and complex, so you know, and just even seeing the house, like that's one of the houses that she got in the divorce, and then She's like, oh yeah, like Reba just lives in this palace out the back. Just all of that, you start to understand something a bit more so us as viewers. We've been wanting that. Now we're getting it, and I think that really added to the power of this episode.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think that that is very true.
Speaker 1: I haven't put together my thoughts on a Andy Cohen question. It's fine. We're at episode ten. We've still apparently got eight episodes left before we get to the three part reunion. I believe they haven't shot the three part reunions, so we're still able to send questions in where by the time the season finishes, you don't have that chance.
Speaker 2: But I think.
Speaker 1: If I could be leaning into something and maybe you could help me workshop it. It is about the questions that circle around Kyle and Durte's marriages and whether or not they have staged anything to keep a diamond.
Speaker 2: There's something in that sphere. I don't know.
Speaker 1: How to ask that question, but there still seems to be a lot of conversation about whether or not these women have been fully honest about what's happened in their relationships to tease us enough to keep us interested and keep us wanting to stick around for their story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think there's definitely something in you know, a Bravo aware of some of these scenes behind the scenes, and don't force the ladies to talk about them or are they just as in the dark as us?
Speaker 1: And then they apparently they get to sit down with their contracts though at the start. I did hear that this week, and they get to say, these are some of the things that are off the table, so they can put things in their contract. And apparently Kathy Hilton does have a long list of them, so.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she does. We knew that, and that's why she'll never be a diamond holder unhile she just wants to pop up every now and again.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, that's going to happen. I reckon, next year, we're going to get Kathy. I think we're going to get Kathy. I think, yeah, I think I've never thought that until now. It was not until this episode that I saw her drop the veil of the kooky, crazy Kathy to give us just a little bit more and I think that might be just enough the sense of confidence for her to think that she could do this, and then she'll get a full season as a full housewife, safe as houses, and then everyone's going to come for her like the coven.
Speaker 2: That they are, and she's going to go up in flames.
Speaker 3: I just don't That's why, I just don't think she'd ever put herself in that position. Apart from the fact that I think she wouldn't even be able to commit to a filming schedule. She seems like she's all over the play. She travels a lot, you know, I just I can't see her taking on a full role of Diamond. However, as much as she you know, wants to be in this lane and play this type of role within the show, I think that's better. That's a better place for her, and I actually appreciated her more without this forced kookiness for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, she did also say something which was quite good. You know, we saw her reference Kyle without Kyle in the room. You know, she said, Kyle doesn't appreciate it when I do this, and you know, we've had problems before when I've stepped over those boundaries. So like, I don't know, I just felt like we got to there was some sharon. There was some Sharon from her in a way that wasn't hunky dory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean another question for Andy Cohen. It would be interesting to sort of ask him, which he would never answer, but was to eat on the chopping block and season saved her? Oh yes, I would love to know where it got to with the contract negotiations. And we read a lot of that stuff online and I just feel like there was so much rumbling. So I feel like she really was close and that is why she's delivered in spades this season.
Speaker 2: I'm texting this right now. We're saying that.
Speaker 3: You have to say Benjamin Norris from Australia. He likes to know the country.
Speaker 2: I'm putting your name down on my name down. But that is the question. I'm workshopping this.
Speaker 1: I have to run because I have a birthday party happening behind me.
Speaker 2: I've been very good.
Speaker 1: I can hear them all like as they're arriving, because they're all arriving here at one o'clock. Yes, I also have to go and pick up two of them from Avalon Airport now where their flights are getting into two.
Speaker 2: It's all happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you're living your own housewife life today, having a fabulous party on my dogs apparently told me.
Speaker 2: It's just joined in.
Speaker 3: He's saying, happy fortieth, Ben, I love it. Have hat the best birthday celebration for your love. And I love you and I will talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, love,