Speaker 1: Is it just.
Speaker 2: Hosted by a couple of mitches, bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 3: In high school. I thought compulsory. I meant you had a choice. So my year advisor, Missus Moyman, went on Mitch Mather's compulsory. I went fantastic of drama is and Mitchell coos.
Speaker 4: Hollo you illo you what's happening? I'm fantastic. Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I've been very flat lately, like I've been down in the dumps.
Speaker 4: For what it's worth. It's not been obvious, has it not?
Speaker 5: N Oh, that's even last week you were like, I'm so sorry I was so flat during PIGWEK and I was like, I don't know what you were talking about. Am I a bad friend for not noticing?
Speaker 3: Not a bad friend? Will you know this stuff going on back end?
Speaker 4: But you're just a quality broadcaster. And that's on.
Speaker 3: I'm here and I'm ready. I'm in a good mood because we have a big guest today.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited.
Speaker 5: We've got to Tim Abbott coming in today, also known as worthless Twink on Instagram. Any trash bags listening? Obviously, you know darling. Tim so your replacement.
Speaker 3: They replaced you with him when you left trash Alley after that sex scandal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sex scandal.
Speaker 3: You just agreed so blindly. I love it.
Speaker 5: You didn't leave because Noah, after I left, he got the co host kids. Yes, And there was only like maybe four episodes that we did together in total. There was a little bit of overlap. He was a guest and I filled in and stuff, and I really enjoyed them. So I'm glad he's coming in today. I'm looking forward to having timberly.
Speaker 3: Hear me too. He's so funny. Started out as a meme page in the heart of the Pandemic. Like his page he had personal like we know Tim is Tim. We followed Tim Abbott and then we also followed his meme page. I remember following it when it had like a thousand followers worth a twin. Yeah, yeah, because we've been friends for a while. I'll tell him all about this. But he messaged me like, starting a side project, please support it really, yeah, And I and I did. And then now he's huge. He's huge, and he's so funny. So he's such like a genuinely lovely person. So he'll be a great.
Speaker 4: Guest price keeper, Jane. My third wheel is the course on board.
Speaker 3: Hi Jenna, Hello, I'm here. Great to have you here, great to be. You're in a turtle. I'm in a turtle.
Speaker 4: Man. I know I noticed.
Speaker 6: Snatching turtle watching turtle.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'd be a snapping turtle. I'd be I'd be a sea turtle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Would you agree with that? Snapping turtles.
Speaker 5: I've never really thought about it from a turtle perspective, and you remind me of no.
Speaker 6: Well, from a turtle point of view, I'd be a snapper.
Speaker 3: You'd be a snapper, and i'd be the one from Nemo, the really obnoxious like little baby squid squad what was his name, squirt? The one? Hey, no, not me. I'm not a stoner. I'm the little kid, the high energy kids. I mean, what animated turtle would you be? I feel like there's a lot to choose from.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is here one a little mermaid.
Speaker 6: Astian he's a crab, the crab.
Speaker 3: You'd be the Jamaican crab.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think of the animated turtle. What's its fucking There is an animated turtle there's another one.
Speaker 3: There is another one. Was just gonna have a conniption. Wait, just google famous animated turtle Franklin. Franklin. Franklin is so they there My love Franklin is queer and I support them. They are so adorable. You're Franklin, You're Franklin, You're Franklin. I'm squirto Franklin.
Speaker 4: There's a picture of him playing soccer that's not very main because.
Speaker 3: He's trying to blend in his masking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you reckon, Franklin's a fact.
Speaker 3: Also, we're misgendering Franklin with the pronouns that I just gave him.
Speaker 4: Oh, do you think Franklin's non binary?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think all animated characters really are, unless it's unless there's a dick in there. Drawn on? Do you think I'm sure.
Speaker 4: They refer to Franklin as he him really like Kirby, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Kirby, that little ball of gum that you playing Super Smash Bros. Kirby is neither here nor there.
Speaker 5: But we never see Postman Pat's cock, and we can just assume that he's a dude.
Speaker 3: Who works for oz Po. Come on, he's noodle. I think I I'd like.
Speaker 4: To horny little child just thinking of the Dix says I did.
Speaker 3: I've spoken about it on the show. One of the fuck Danny phantoms so hard.
Speaker 6: Thomas the.
Speaker 4: Bestiality best Reality. It's a fucking track.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It looks like objector philea or whatever that is.
Speaker 5: Oh, anyway, let me just say, for those wanting a Ladybug update, Oh yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, this.
Speaker 4: Is the last week's episode that's on the way. I'll let you know.
Speaker 3: Fantastic the latest with Okay, well, let's let's just jump in because I want that update. My agem is truly shocking. It's something that I've noticed this week. Now we're in the colder month. But that's how we start the show every week, something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. We call them gems. Is it just me? They're the core of the show. Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know Mitch's.
Speaker 4: He's going to bring one to I assume, yeah, we'll get.
Speaker 3: Tim to bring one yet worthless twink he's coming up. Plus we'll hear from you, and is it just you of your own on the show? Shall I begin?
Speaker 4: I'll jump in up to you joint the Ladybug storry now ur later.
Speaker 3: Now hit me with Ladybug. Yeah, yeah, I want to know. I'm dying to know. Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Have I been fucking stitched up? Or what?
Speaker 3: Oh? No? Is it that bad? Oh my god? What do you mean? It can't be scam it?
Speaker 5: Okay, I need an update context just in case people weren't listening last week. I've decided to embark on a dog walking era because I want to get more steps in my day. B I get to spend time with dogs. I love dogs, and see I get to help someone out. Yeah, lighten the load. So tick tick tick. I put a listing on some dog walkers website. I went a couple of months no bites, and then I got my first customer inquiry last week.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And where we left off last week.
Speaker 5: Was that I was going to do my first meet and greet with Ladybug to make sure I'm a good fit before they give me the dog walking gig.
Speaker 3: And Ladybug is a black and white French bulldog.
Speaker 5: I got that wrong. Actually it's not a French bulldog, but similar enough. Okay, it's actually a Stafford Sheer Terrier.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, close, yeah much NICs a little black dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a very cute, lovely looking dog, but also packs a punch.
Speaker 3: A kind of dog that your mum would be scared of probably, yeah, okay, but she.
Speaker 4: Was absolutely adorable. I went along to this meet and.
Speaker 3: Grown You've met, You've met Lady Bug.
Speaker 4: I told you that was happening.
Speaker 3: I know, but I just didn't think you'd actually do it.
Speaker 5: Of course I would do it. I was so excited. I was really really looking forward to this. I was like, I want this gig.
Speaker 4: I just know that Ladybug and I are going to get along so well, and I was really really excited. It just warmed my heart.
Speaker 5: The thought of having a cute little relationship with someone else's dogs I can't take on my own.
Speaker 4: And so I went along to the meet and greet. It wasn't a gay couple, by the way, God damn it, okay.
Speaker 5: And they were waiting for me out the front. The owner little Ladybug on a leash, and I say, hello.
Speaker 4: Sweety, who you got here?
Speaker 5: Ladybug, so excited, responds to that sort of tone of voice where I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh no, ken, oh yeah, we're a good girl.
Speaker 5: Jumps up, has her pause on my knees, getting a good scratch, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're a beautiful girl, aren't you.
Speaker 5: And then I said, oh, hi, by the way to the owner, I've just even this dog all the attention. And then the owner pulls out some dog treats from his pocket and starts showing off what ladybug can do. Fucking sit, stay, roll over all that, and I'm there giving it my all, being like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're such a good girl. Good gear, lady back, Oh aren't you beautiful?
Speaker 5: And then the owner says to me, why don't you try and give her a treat?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: And that's when fucking ladybug turned No way, I could have been killed.
Speaker 4: Are you seriously or you seriously? Look look at this finger. Ladybug did that a little. It's healed very nice, and it was she fucking bit me as soon as I had the treats in my hand. He's like and like attacked me. Wait, she ground growd barked, bit everything.
Speaker 3: What did the owners do? Did you onn a freak out?
Speaker 5: Well, he was like trying to pull her back on the leash, but because she's quite afty, fucking dog that's what I mean. She's smaller, but packs of punch. He was like pulling the lead, being like, no, come on, Ladybug, and I'm just stepping back, going, oh god, what's going on?
Speaker 4: And then he.
Speaker 5: Goes try again, and I was like, do I have to so again put the little treat near her mouth?
Speaker 4: I fucking attacked my hand again, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: God, And this isn't how Ladybug reacted when the owner gave the treat. No, not at all.
Speaker 4: And so we just kind of thought, okay, let's stop trying that now. We won't try that again.
Speaker 5: And then I spent the next half hour walking around the block multiple times with the owner and Ladybug.
Speaker 4: She didn't look at me once.
Speaker 5: She only had eyes for the owner every time I spoke to her in that fucking voice.
Speaker 3: Hi sweetie, liked you, kid.
Speaker 4: She just didn't even acknowledge me. Oh my god, you failed, apparently.
Speaker 5: Because I didn't even have to flag with him that I wasn't going to be available.
Speaker 4: I've been rejected.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that's hard.
Speaker 4: I've been knocked back, lady.
Speaker 3: That's really I shouldn't laugh. I'm not laughing at you.
Speaker 4: That's deficit.
Speaker 3: It's the dog.
Speaker 4: The doors didn't choose you.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking in the lead up, what would I have to do to fuck up this meet and greet with a dog?
Speaker 4: Like if I come and kick it? Sure, I'm like, what.
Speaker 5: Would I have to do to fuck this up? But then they rejected me because the dog didn't fucking like me?
Speaker 3: Did they letily It was very.
Speaker 5: Much like, oh, we're just gonna We're not gonna proceed this time, but if we ever need a dog worker again, we'll let you know.
Speaker 4: Be on this three week stint.
Speaker 5: And so I should have been walking later back this morning, but I was rejected.
Speaker 3: I'm really sorry to hear that.
Speaker 5: That's it was sad because I was I had imagined our future together. I imagine it's walking off into the sunset, having a gorgeous time. But then this is why I'm pissed off about it. I think the owner fucking stitched me up because he said to me, oh, these treats in my pocket.
Speaker 4: They're the good treats. Normally, when I'm just.
Speaker 5: Doing day to day dog will I've got the Povo schmackos or whatever. But when she's meeting new people as an incentive to be extra nice. I get her the special treats as an extra award, and I'm like, no wonder.
Speaker 4: She attacked me.
Speaker 5: She thought I was stealing them. She thought that I was taking the treats away from her.
Speaker 3: No wonder.
Speaker 4: She fucking wanted blood because the fucking top shelf treats and she thought that this random woman was trying to.
Speaker 3: Rob her of her beautiful treat Wow.
Speaker 5: And then he says to me, yeah, no, sorry about that. She's normally great with people, but not great with other animals.
Speaker 4: I was like, what are you saying?
Speaker 3: You're a man animal.
Speaker 4: She's just adding insult to injury. I think that if it weren't for the fucking luxury treats, I would have nailed you all over me, all the treats.
Speaker 3: It's not you, it's the treats. I'm sorry. I know how excited you are seriously about getting that.
Speaker 6: I'm really sorry.
Speaker 5: I just think that we should be able to euthanize other people's you know, surrender her, because quite frankly, our streets aren't safe.
Speaker 4: With lady bug out and about you should preciate photos of fucking threats.
Speaker 3: Is sheat? What if he is? You don't want to piss them off.
Speaker 4: I don't care they didn't give me the gig. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I'm very sorry.
Speaker 4: The fucking tiny black dog tried to moum me to death in the street and then they still made you walk it.
Speaker 3: That's cruel, sadistic.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was like they were hovering a treat in front of me and I couldn't get it.
Speaker 4: They're like, this is the dog you could have been walking if you got along. For the next half.
Speaker 5: Hour that it's paraded around being like, no, she doesn't like you, doush still doesn't like you.
Speaker 4: No, she still doesn't like you.
Speaker 3: Well, Mitchell, I'm pleased to say I've got an update in my dog search. I believe in the next six months I'll be getting a dog.
Speaker 4: Can you please, like I say this as a friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you fucking not though.
Speaker 3: Get a dog?
Speaker 5: The last thing you need is another excuse to stay at home. That's why you're getting it, isn't it because dog owners make it their whole personality.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I've got to get home to the dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do.
Speaker 4: They might have fucking eaten a cushion.
Speaker 3: Now my dog will be very well behaved.
Speaker 4: You say that now, my dog will be behaved.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get a little black white one to name it lady just to spite.
Speaker 4: You, and I hope it fucking rips everything, all right? Good? Also, Ladybug's allergic to grasp fucking pathetically, what kind of.
Speaker 3: It's like an astronaut being allergic to space?
Speaker 4: Is I have to only walk around the path? Well, you would have had to.
Speaker 5: But I thought I had the gig because at the end of the day, when I was about to go home from this meet and greet, they said, right, so, Keeta, the house will be in the letterbox. That'll be where it is the first time you walk out. But then you can just hold onto it for the next three weeks. See, you don't have keep putting it back to the letter box. I was like, sweet, I got the gig, despite the fact you can't stand me, and quite frankly, I can't stand her.
Speaker 3: And you didn't get the gig. I'm very sorry. Sorry, I'm a condolence to.
Speaker 4: You to think what could have been.
Speaker 3: Don't think it's over their loss, Their loss, Lady bugs loss, Lady bugs lost.
Speaker 4: I know they are dressed now.
Speaker 5: If I happened to drop rat poison, in the wrong backyard.
Speaker 4: Terrible.
Speaker 3: Why do you have raw sausages and razor blades on side? That's what people do. They baked them. People baked dogs in dog parks. They put razor blades. Neighbors who hate their neighbors dogs because their bark, they put raw razor blades and raw sausage.
Speaker 4: It's true. Okay, I take back my joke, because that's awful.
Speaker 3: That's Brittany Harkiley, my friend and my radio co host, the Bonda Dog Park that she walks her beautiful dog, Delilah in gets there's there's rat poison in the Bake them into cookies and put them into dog trees and then dogs eat them and then they die at home. Because these neighbors are just awful.
Speaker 4: Papers maybe actually taking Lady Buck to Bonder.
Speaker 3: Mitchell Okay, Tim Abbott's gonna be here. We have to move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, is.
Speaker 3: It just me? Did we all just stop getting croup?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Kroup cough?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 3: Did you never get group cough?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you explain what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got an audio grab of what kroup cough sounds like. Because growing up, oh, croup was the plague. Mum would free count the kids have croup.
Speaker 4: Croup is an upper airway infection that blocks breathing and has a distinctive barking cough.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, no, this is croup. I found it online. That's a group cough.
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a hanky, like an old man blowing his nose into a hanky. I had croup a dozen times growing up. It is that cough that rumbles in your chest, you know, when you breathe out and it goes. Oh that kind of cough as croup.
Speaker 4: But aunded like you doing coughing fit chicken on this podcast coffee. Yeah, sure you don't still have it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have krop coff because that's I've noticed not getting it. I've actually like, I forget croup cough. But maybe it's a thing that only my fani spoke. I remember.
Speaker 6: But my mum had a kid's health book and like the first page was croop cough.
Speaker 4: You were raised before Google, so I guess, yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 3: It was actually inscribed onto a concrete tablet. Yes, so, Mitchell, you've never had croup.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Maybe I did, I just didn't call it that. I've got no idea. It rings not one bell for me.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I had a deep, chesty cough croup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it didn't sound like a hanky.
Speaker 3: What what does it sound like? Describe it?
Speaker 4: Just like a normal iPad kid cough.
Speaker 3: No, that's not it. This is a deep rumbling cough.
Speaker 4: Do an impression?
Speaker 8: Okay, why is your tongue out? Why is your tongue out?
Speaker 3: I'm hiccupping. Oh my god, something's going wrong with me. That's it.
Speaker 4: You do the wet ones all the time. That's your normal cop.
Speaker 3: Oh so this isn't a real disease. Mum made this probably because I was an ill kid.
Speaker 4: I must have thought you were sick all the time. But that was it's your car you're listening to. Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Got something on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hit up at a couple of Mitchell's on Instagram to get yourself on the show.
Speaker 3: All right, shall we do an? Is it just you Mitchell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's that time, your.
Speaker 3: Chance to have an Is it just me? Of your own? Inem? Of your own? But this is this is your own. You can send us a DM on a couple of mitches and we'll get you on. You can also Texas Mitchell.
Speaker 5: On one two seven one two o nine two you can.
Speaker 3: Tim is here early Worthless, Twink is here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's rocked up early, get him on.
Speaker 3: Hi. Great to have you here.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Are you Okay? If we just I mean we'll meet you after and we can chat, but we'll just quickly get on a call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's jump on.
Speaker 3: Okay. We've got Catherine today joining us from North Sydney. Hello, Catherine, welcome to the show. Hello, Hello him God.
Speaker 4: That you're familiar with Timberly over here when you have a trash bag as well? By any chance, I definitely am, Yeah, Timine, Catherine loves.
Speaker 1: Me very sad, very sad, very sad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you've got You've got your dream team here today.
Speaker 1: Can we just kicks permanent and then we're.
Speaker 4: Good potentially as well as Miley once said.
Speaker 3: Did you have a favorite out of the two out of trash Alley or is it just me?
Speaker 1: Oh well maybe the one that's still going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I agree. Okay, Catherine, hit us with your is it just me Bradley? Account you in then go for it? Okay, fantastic, Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Have people lost the ability to say excuse.
Speaker 3: Me, oh do you mean after a sneeze? Are you talking? Just in general manners?
Speaker 1: Just in general like living in Sydney, catching the trains, the three feed to train seeds. If I'm sitting on the outside, don't just stand there and stare at me asking me to like, not asking me to move, Just say excuse me.
Speaker 4: Or sorry, excuse me? Can I go? Sorry? I don't mind me? Is that fine? I usually say that because I feel like, excuse me, I sound really rude. I'm like, excuse me.
Speaker 3: That sends is down my spine. Excuse me? He is fine? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anything, just some words, like even in the supermarket when you're looking at the aisle, don't just barge pass trying to fit through. Just say excuse me, so sorry or anything, just totally agree.
Speaker 3: Where do you live? Where do you live? Catherine?
Speaker 1: Though I live in Wrunga. I don't know if it's because of lockdown. Everyone's just forgotten that thing that we used to do.
Speaker 7: Over theory. I think it could be because everyone's got headphones in now, and also when you speak, when you got heaphones on your yells, you might be like, excuse me, you're not in the world.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Jimmy, If I go for a walk with headphones on, I can't do anything. It freaks me out. Like I'll go to the stop, like the traffic light, and I gotta pause my music. Take them out. Transparency modes on them as a truck coming freaks me.
Speaker 7: So nothing's more frustrating. And someone speaking to you when you got headphones in and you pull it out and they go, excuse me anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, how fucking bad do I have music when I don't realize that they have been saying excuse me to me for the last five minutes and I'm sitting there listening to my own podcasts.
Speaker 4: Obviously, of course.
Speaker 3: I miss wired headphones because you know, when you pull them out, then you like wrap arounde net like you wet tow and then that was so easy to do. But with air pods, like drop it. It's like a crumb. It falls down my tits and it's in my sleeve. I hate them so much.
Speaker 1: People with long hairs, people don't notice that you've got your AirPods in.
Speaker 5: Actually, people think I'm just fucking talking to myself when I'm on the phone with the AirPods.
Speaker 4: I'm just walking through the park like, yeah, how are you how good? And people I'm mental or.
Speaker 3: You're just laughing at our show and they're like, sh he's left the asylum for the day walking through the park.
Speaker 7: But also they do come in handy though, if you don't want to talk to people, Like I just got a flight and I had my headphones in from getting on the you know, the ramp straight into sitting because I set up a conversation with a person next me.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But also I ripped those fucking headphones out so quick. When they come down the aisle with the trolley with the bloody tea and coffee, I'm like, I'm not them going oh I'm not going to deserve them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will take them out when they're doing the safety briefing because I want to be polite.
Speaker 3: So oh my god, yes, attention. They asked me the other day when I was on an exit road to take them out. They had transparency mode and I was listening to what she was saying, but she asked me to take them out.
Speaker 7: You were amplifying what she was saying into.
Speaker 3: Your If anything, it was the only way I was going to ever listen to it is if I had them in so I zoned out when.
Speaker 4: I don't know how polite I am not.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it already.
Speaker 5: Not only do I say excuse me, because I'm just that fucking nice Catherine, but also I had a flight the other day and the safety demonstration thing, the chick was right next to me, and so I thought, I'm going to be here with her props because you know how at one point they point to the emergency evacuation came right there. She was like, she's going to reach into my pouch. I'm going to have it, and I had it handy, just handed it to her.
Speaker 4: Kind of looked at me like thank you, Oh babe, I got your back.
Speaker 3: That's really sweet. I pay so much attention to those things, so fucking predictable. I know exactly where the whistle is, the lighting.
Speaker 7: Ten thousand times. Yeah, but I know that Jenning up the front is giving her all right now, and I'm not along.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I pretend I'm shocked. Is that we're the inflatable raft yet.
Speaker 6: And then when they're pointing, I'm like, exit.
Speaker 5: Right, you crank your neck to you now that I think of it, Catherine, I've not experienced the excuse me thing, except on a flight recently. I just remembered like they just kind of stare you if you're in the aisle seat in there the window, they just kind of stare at you, like get up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had that recently. So I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Actually, I just I actually do put my air poisy in and pretend that I'm not noticing them there because I've got my air poison sometimes with me and then I all of a sudden you can hear.
Speaker 3: Catherine. I've got a theory that do you have resting bitch face? No, I'm not trying to be okay, I don't think so, now do you have it? Do you have a public Instagram?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 1: It's Catherine k A T H E R I N E. Joy and Joy has three os.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay, Catherine, do Catherine Joy? Okay, that's and it's public so we can be the judge because I don't want to be rude, but I'm thinking it could be the way you're Maybe it's in the eyes, Catherine.
Speaker 4: So maybe maybe Oh my god, Catherine, if your last name queith.
Speaker 1: Uh sort of married recently and I made the decision to change from Joey to Quay.
Speaker 3: I love that wonder people.
Speaker 7: It's like a chase.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. Oh, I regret everything. You've got soft eyes. Look at mister.
Speaker 7: Beautiful bride beautiful, very beautiful and is a baby queen.
Speaker 1: Oh my nieces and.
Speaker 4: Nephews are they us?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They are que very sweet.
Speaker 3: You're beautiful right.
Speaker 7: You live a great life, Catherine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so jealous.
Speaker 7: Very well traveling.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 1: It's all Instagram, that's reality.
Speaker 7: You look beautiful.
Speaker 3: Hey, send general a d M will get you a prize. Okay, we'll send it out.
Speaker 1: Of course. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Thanks miss quick cast darling idiot and trash back.
Speaker 3: What a cutie.
Speaker 7: She was absolutely gorgeous and with a cause as well. Bring back manners, Yes, yeah, I agree you bring back manners. Yeah, I agree with that. That was a really good one. That's a really good one.
Speaker 4: Now sorry to bloody ignore you altogether.
Speaker 5: There, let's do a form of hello tim Oh my god, Timberly is here.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 7: I'm very good at sitting quiet, are you No?
Speaker 3: Don't believe it at all? So good to be here.
Speaker 7: Guys. Now you're like the Holy Trinity of Gay has you know. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, I see.
Speaker 3: It's just like when there's a world war and all the leaders meet up in Paris and they all discussed the plan.
Speaker 7: This is exactly that. Yeah, yeah, but gay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 5: One thing I wanted to bring up with you is that my jaw dropped when I saw that video from trash Alley where you were talking about the fact that your father used to be the voice of Big Brother.
Speaker 7: Correct. Yeah, yeah, for the first three seasons of the Australian Big Brother.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's like, do you not know that? I didn't know that before watching the video.
Speaker 7: He was also the executive producer, so there was more to it, Yeah, just voice over work. But yeah, I spent a lot of my childhood up on the Gold Coast each weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can just hear it, can't you, Tims.
Speaker 3: Your voice is gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Can you give it the repeat after me?
Speaker 7: This is Big Brother, this is Big Brother.
Speaker 3: That's free actually really similar.
Speaker 7: Amazing, Yeah, oh thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But it was also like, when you're a child, you don't have any other like, you don't compare your childhood to anyone else's.
Speaker 4: When you were young running around the Big Brother.
Speaker 7: Like seven six or seven like he young, young, young.
Speaker 4: I would have been running around dream World, right.
Speaker 7: No, we were, we were, and we got yeah, full access to dream World. And but it was you don't know, it's unique, Like you don't know it's special because it's just like it just is. You don't know any different.
Speaker 3: Were you were sure to have the EP during the infamous Turkey slap incident.
Speaker 7: WHOA, I don't believe. I think that was season four. Okay, I think that was season four, So no, he he would.
Speaker 5: Have been there in like the OG days, the Reggie's, the Christy.
Speaker 7: Swan, Sarah Marie, so yeah, it was all of that. Yeah, yeah, so Reggie was the final season Reggie and Christy Swan great, Yeah, phenomenal.
Speaker 5: In my mind, they're the first season. What the fuck happened before Reggie and Crizzy s one?
Speaker 3: There was right later?
Speaker 7: He was season four. So no, first season was a guy called Ben and then another guy called Peter. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do not remember those at all.
Speaker 3: No, No, they don't have radio shows, that's why.
Speaker 7: But it has it has spawned some excellent careers in the media space. In Australia absolutely two of the biggest radio presenters in the country.
Speaker 3: So would your dad would is his voice similar to the Big Brother vo voice or would he really put it on?
Speaker 7: No, his voice is probably similar to mine, but it would drop. It's a very calm like this. Wow, did he like yell at you no tim to your room now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, he was never young.
Speaker 7: He was very he's very calm operator. Yeah. Yeah, so no, they didn't come home with him.
Speaker 5: So if you had all this behind the scenes access, can you answer this question? Why the fuck was Big Brother's voice sometimes a female? If you so off footing when it was like this is Big Brother, it's like say Big sister or Big siblings.
Speaker 7: Never during his seasons, so he was on call like a doctor, so he would like no sorry, So like he would do. He would be up there for like four ish months of the year, but then he would do his normal office hours. But if there was ever like a TV worthy emergency, he would be called and he would wake up and go into the.
Speaker 4: Diagram without a picking it ignoledge it and I'm not quefing in the corner over.
Speaker 3: Here, Catherine is still on the line. Sorry, that's my fault.
Speaker 7: So if if there was non TV word like oh can we get some more biggies please, like, it would just be overnight producer whatever. That's fine. But if it was I'm thinking about leaving the house or someone has been you know, assaulted Turkey's labs, he would be called up and he would be pulled in. So wow, Yeah, it was exhausting, and I think, like any big production, I think he did three and was just like, I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, what's he doing now?
Speaker 7: Is he still pre No? No, no, he stopped working twenty sixteen, so he's been Yeah.
Speaker 3: So tell me the trajectory of worthless Twink, because if you don't know Tim, Tim runs your Instagram is worthless Twink. It originated as like a quid meme page.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and memes throughout Lockdown's it's kind of taken on this weird pseudo around longer than Lockdown. Yeah, it was no twenty twenty was yeah, yeah, it was og and then yeah now it's like again, when trash ally came around, it became a bit more me centric and now it's a bit more travel centric. It's it's kind of lost its way.
Speaker 3: Now it is what it needs to be in that time.
Speaker 7: Well, it's growing alongside me.
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, it's your Instagram.
Speaker 5: If you want to post yourself on there, sure, if you want to post a meme, post a fucking meme.
Speaker 7: Like you can't predict this sort of stuff, Like there's no way again, had I predicted all of this, there's no way I would have chosen a handle like worthless twinks.
Speaker 3: So because you are a twink and I just want to say on behalf of us. You're not worth, you have worse, you are worthy.
Speaker 7: It's funny where people like message me and take it very literally and I'm like, guys, like, it's not that deep. It a bit of fun.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: I've known you since pre worthless twink days.
Speaker 7: Pre worthlessweet. You know if it's like twenty fourteen baby yeah, baby gays, baby gays, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I actually do you remember these I wasn't out no and you were really nice to me and you sent me really really kind messages. Things have changed since and I didn't even have my blue tick and you were still nice to So that's that you're a real, real good person.
Speaker 7: I think, I think I think that's general. Yeah, I'm being serious.
Speaker 3: You were so kind and you helped me.
Speaker 7: Oh lovely, lovely. I'm so glad because, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's coming out helped me coming out. I think I had questions. I think I didn't understand where the penis went with a man, it was very.
Speaker 7: Com I think it was just general support, like it was just we had our mutual friends and then yeah, I think we just found each other online and then we're just kind of mutually supporting one another.
Speaker 3: Similar sense of humor as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So yeah, we've no e to other for many, many years. And then Mitch and I yeah, probably two years, three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I probably met in like twenty twenty one year when the events started to come back lockdown.
Speaker 7: Post down, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The account now is like there's been some incredible opportunities with the Sydney Swans come through and some other partnerships. So it's like it's becoming a bit more personality based now, which is which is great, but you will lose some people in that transition because they go, I didn't sign up for this.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed you've lost some Yeah, it's always.
Speaker 7: Like it can be a bit of a knee joke because people are like, oh, I wasn't expecting this, so youah gogeous.
Speaker 4: So people are stick around speaking of the Swans.
Speaker 5: By the way, can I ask, oh, yeah, yeah, I'm thinking it might be time for my AFL era. What's the vibe like, because I just feel like it'd be nice camaraderie being at an AFL.
Speaker 3: You know, the Swan's are the top tier. You're not going to get into the Swans.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not trying to play for them.
Speaker 3: I just want to go just sounded like no camaraderie. It did sound like you wanted to be in the professional team, the Swan.
Speaker 4: If they'll have me like that, I think that might I would be an asset.
Speaker 5: But I'm just talking about going to a game, getting a fucking meat pie, getting amongst the scarf on that energy.
Speaker 7: The timing's come perfectly because next Thursday, June eighth is the Pride Match at the SCG and I've been doing this for a number of years now with Sint Kilda and they it's just a year of them kind of just signaling that everyone's the footy and that's their less slogan.
Speaker 5: I have been to one of the prime matches before. That's the only AFL game. You got the socks, Yeah, I did, got the rainbow socks, and I was a little bit surprised. I thought there'd be more of a song and dance about the fact it was the Pride match. I thought there'd be a halftime show. I thought there'd be a little mini Marti grub. But also it said a lot that they didn't make too much of a us. They were just like, yeah, we're wearing rainbows and it's not a big deal. It was just an ordinary game with fucking rainbows.
Speaker 7: I think that's the thing in terms of they're like, it is still just the footy and it's one of their values of the club that they want to promote. And there's forty thousand people there. Most of them, you know, probably aren't queer or gay, so it's great that they do stand up and do that. But it's a very easy sport to follow. If you haven't been to the AFL, It's the rules are very simple. If you don't, you know, pick it up quickly.
Speaker 4: It's not a very theatrical with the lifts in the air.
Speaker 7: And the love the jumps, the shorts cap and also the umpires with the flags when you get a goal, they.
Speaker 3: Kind of yeah up about that. It's real dress up, really performative. I'm an NRL boy and I've been to NRL games many times. NRL does not support the queer community.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Quite enjoy going to an NFL game, even I'm not a huge supporter. But after that whole hoho ha with the manly Theagles having a rainbow.
Speaker 4: Jersey, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: The Afel do this every year and it's no big deal, but NFL like, oh nah, no, I'm not doing that gay shit.
Speaker 7: The Afel do it every year. The Pride flag is up at the SAG all year round, the Pride merger is available all year round. And I took my friend Sean, not boyfriend Sean, but my friend Shawn last week to his first ever game. He picked up super quickly, and also he's been his full self there. He's squealing, he's wailing, he's you know, snapping his fingers, he's slut dropping. Like it's very very safe and very accepting, like it's it's come as you are. It's great, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Am I laud in your box?
Speaker 7: I think you could come in my box and I've.
Speaker 3: Always wanted to. At the end of the Chat Now episode, you can come in my.
Speaker 4: Box, assuming that because you're some you're like some sort of ambassador.
Speaker 7: Ambassador of you get we can get a box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can we get a box?
Speaker 4: We get a box.
Speaker 3: Looking at all of it, Jenna Kin dumb as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah you're footy girl. Yeah, I know you are. Now, Yeah, yeah, we'll get I want to go into your box. Yeah yeah, yeah, You're more than welcome. It's an incredibly welcoming, comfortable environment and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Also, men in short shorts.
Speaker 7: They're also gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous? Is the AFL you might notice him? Is that are the players in the AFL openly queer? Are there many?
Speaker 7: Interesting? So? The CEO of AFL recently came out to say that there are gay players. I saw this didn't identify which teams they are in, but he said that none of them want to be the first. The marketing brain in me goes, don't you want to be You're going to be fucking hired forever.
Speaker 3: Get that bag, come out, You'll be in Stellar mag get the brand deals.
Speaker 5: So many people that aren't current players that come out after the fact, right, But I don't know why that doesn't come out while they're still playing.
Speaker 7: I think they The argument that I've heard against this is they don't want to take away from the fact that they are a professional athlete and they're playing in a professional league. They don't want it to become about their sexuality, which I kind of understand in terms of, like, they don't want to be known for being the gayfel player. They want to be known as, you know, either the best person on the team or the captain of their team. Maybe, but if they're.
Speaker 4: Neither of those things but the gay one. Yeah, but you know, you're right.
Speaker 3: I actually don't think the problem mary is with the player or the community. That is with the media. Because the media, they won't vilify this person, but they will. You can just see the social media titles xxx comes out, gay Pride for Rainbow Flag. They will make such a scene out of this player coming out. I get why they'd be hesitant.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 7: If they are gay and it's not a huge part of their identity or personality, then they might want to keep that to their private life. And that's very fair. Like we don't ask any other AFL to be explicit about who they're sleeping with.
Speaker 3: So I get it.
Speaker 7: Although it would be excellent and so great for queer representation in sport, I respect the decision. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Amen's you know, got a nauseating the annoying podcast.
Speaker 7: That's all of us in this room.
Speaker 3: That my point, that's my point. That's us.
Speaker 7: I know, I know, I know, I know. Yeah. So yeah, anyway, I'd like to see you all their next Thursday.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean anything I've got on old click my schedule for your box. It's fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Thursday night seven.
Speaker 3: You're a you're in a new relationship Newish yeah, seven seven months yeah, Newish, Yeah, new Wish.
Speaker 7: We met the week before my birthday in October last year, and yeah, things going really really well. It started very strong, like in terms of like not that it's not strong now, but it started like very like, okay, we're on, like yeah, second date. It was like, we're not fucking around it.
Speaker 4: It's been a little bits being in that way a little bit. You shack up instantly.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 7: The last the relationship before that was like eighteen months and it was still like, so we're going to meet each other's friends. Soon I was like, oh I hate that. Yeah, I like that. Yeah and so yeah, so new relationship going really well. He's a country boy, similar to you.
Speaker 4: Hey, bream, happened the bush man?
Speaker 3: Oh? Have you guys been to the bush? We've been to the bush.
Speaker 7: He's from the new South Wales Queensland border called inverl He's lovely, very kind, very country mentality.
Speaker 4: Is he also a non drinker like you?
Speaker 7: He's no, he's the opposite, like he does like a drink. And that's fine, that's fine. I don't think I have to date a non drinker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 7: I think it's only becomes an issue when it's a problem. Yeah, I have no issue with being around.
Speaker 3: Alcoholic Can I say? This is what I wanted to talk to you about next? Is that I also now a non drinker? You're kidding? Now, I haven't had ten months, you're joking, I haven't had a drink?
Speaker 7: Excellent. I think I did see this, But I always say the first month is the hardest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but are you put posting something on your story drinker?
Speaker 7: Though? Right?
Speaker 3: No? And the problem with me is that I am I'm six foot three, I'm a chunky boy. It took so much alcohol to get me drunk, like it would be. It's expensive, you know, for me to get drunk and then also to stay. I know I should have, I know, get the goon sacks, but I'd go out and i'd i'd have three drinks, I'd feel it for ten minutes, and then the headache could kick into the club.
Speaker 4: So you didn't get the payoff, but you got the hangover totally.
Speaker 3: I lay by to hangover. It appeared so early.
Speaker 7: When I used to drink, I used to get pretty much instant hangovers as well. But also as our bodies are aging, it takes so much longer for us to recover, and so I'm like, I don't want to waste three days hungover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the thing to do you posted, And I love that you spoke about this, because when you tell someone that you're not drinking or you don't drink, oh, it's a thing oh such as do you get the oh did you have a bad did you have a bad experience?
Speaker 7: And also I do all the time, and I was like, if I did, would I.
Speaker 3: Talk to about it with you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And it's always like my obviously my friends know, my good friends know, but it's always people that will hear it for the first time.
Speaker 4: They go, oh, I reckon.
Speaker 5: I probably gave you what you might consider the most annoying reaction when you first told me, because they were we were at an event.
Speaker 4: They were coming around the champagnes. I grabbed another one off the little plate and I said, oh, you know what one you said I don't drink. And I was like, ah, hambaring.
Speaker 3: I don't think you did.
Speaker 7: I think you went what more for me? And I said to you, that's a good I know think you did give me. That does get up my goat. Though. Yeah, I can go every event that I've been to in the last five years, obviously not drinking, but yeah, I feel like I can mingle and mix and talk and socialize as can.
Speaker 5: And I'll be the first to admit when I fucking say things like that, oh god, you're not drinking.
Speaker 4: How boring.
Speaker 5: It was probably at the time coming like it was projection oh, because I was like, oh my god, I could never do that.
Speaker 7: I got that at the TikTok for You fest and it was like eleven thirty at the after party and I ran into someone who I.
Speaker 4: That's late for you. Eleven thirty.
Speaker 7: Thank you for me, I like a loose acquaintance. And they were like, oh it was smart the night You've become fun and start drinking again. And I was like, I was like gobsmack. Also came from someone who was like very dull.
Speaker 3: The iron and the irony.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you've had seven drinks so you can start talking now.
Speaker 3: These TikTok events are I find them insufferable. I really do. I find a lot of these influencer events insufferable. And I really struggle with.
Speaker 7: I was talking about this last night, and obviously you've got your classically media trained media personalities, but a lot of TIM.
Speaker 3: Was pointing at me, thank you, I just want it's an audio medium. Tim actually drew me. It's a beautiful drawing of me.
Speaker 7: But a lot of these online personalities spend their whole life just with their phone, just in their bedroom and don't mix or mingle with other people. And then these people could be very popular online, like the huge followings, and then you meet them and they can't put two.
Speaker 3: Three works hold the room now. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: And also like the easiest thing you can do in that situation is ask me how I am, because I will talk for thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: That's very true.
Speaker 7: If you don't know how to talk to people, just be like, how's your day? Being right.
Speaker 4: Person, even for the shine off, like you would, you would bring out the best in something.
Speaker 7: I would hope so did two fold, but like apparently not andally some people some across the board.
Speaker 5: And I've definitely noticed that myself. But I think I'm a bit awkward as well. So sometimes I'm like, maybe it was mine.
Speaker 3: But you're charming, Mitchell. You're easy to have a conversation with. Are you in that love? You know what, maybe we need to start dumbing down the terms with these these TikTok stars and instead of saying, let's have a conversation, you go, why don't we stitch each other? Oh, I'm gonna ask how you are?
Speaker 4: Why don't you do it?
Speaker 7: Like, maybe we have to dumb it right down, use their language that they can understand. Oh my god, that makes so much sense.
Speaker 3: But it's sad. It's sad.
Speaker 7: And I also like a lot of these a lot of these creators are very very young, and they will never go into the workforce. They won't be working alongside other people, and I'm like, fuck, is that going to stunt your growth? Like in terms of quest in terms of like I'm assuming most of us, have you been working alongside people professionally corporately in some shape before we're working in a team. Where is it like you could come out of school work by yourself, be your own boss, which is awesome, props to them, love that, but then they do not develop social skills beyond that.
Speaker 4: And now it really is the team environment. I didn't realize how collaborative I am.
Speaker 7: You are a team player?
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, God, yeah, yeah, yeah, very much.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, oh I do wonder and I mean that could just be like thirty year old pessimism, but yeah, how.
Speaker 3: Do you feel heading into thirty because I'm there in three years and that's not a dig. But I am thinking about it. My satin's returning, you know. Yeah, yeah, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 7: I'm very close to it, so yeah, a couple months away now, So I feel fine. I feel like I've done my twenties exactly how they should have been. I've lived in five cities, I've had three relationships, I've had a couple jobs. Like it's a trial period, your twenties, you just like do as much as you possibly can and like and I feel like I look back and I'm like, yeah, I feel like I did it.
Speaker 3: Like that's great.
Speaker 7: Do you know I wouldn't want get to thirty and be like, oh, you know, I haven't really gone after what I wanted to do, or I haven't really experienced the flavors of life. But I'm like, yeah, I'm ready. If anything, I'm kind of like ready to kind of bookend twenties and be like, yeah, no, I feel grown into my thirties.
Speaker 4: Which about starting a new podcast, You're going to give that another crack.
Speaker 7: In the morning, Well, we could be very close to that as well.
Speaker 3: I'll tell more.
Speaker 7: I'm not a gatekeeper, and I'm also just i'll talk about it. So I have a new podcast which should be coming out soon. So it's called Director of Performing Arts. I love it already, of course. And the format is I actually invite the guest to bring on their passion in the performing arts space. So you could be like a major do a Leaper fan, or you could love Glee or whatever your thing is in performing arts. Then we're gonna unpack it. And then also, how has that influenced your creation performance.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 7: It's it's a little bit show and tell, but it's also like, I just love I think everyone can talk if it's something that they're passionate about.
Speaker 3: That's a really good idea.
Speaker 7: And instead of going through someone's story being like, how did you get into it? What's your thing that you would absolutely die for?
Speaker 5: So if we had thought of that far enough in advance, what would you have brought in today if we were asking you to do a show and tell?
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't want to be that guy, but I feel like there's so many You're.
Speaker 3: Just so nuanced.
Speaker 7: There's so many like Kath and Kim Lady. Yeah, like AFL, this, AFL, Steve Jobs, like we could go like and I want to see that passion in the guests. So obviously you both will come on in two courts of course. And I'm also thinking maybe a bit of guest interaction in terms of like challenge them with a super fan on get a follower or someone like super fan in that.
Speaker 4: Topic and against a fellow Kath and Kim fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll crush them.
Speaker 7: Yes, so you have, and that's the energy that I want on the podcast. I want someone to come on and be like, this is why it's the best thing ever, this is why it's changed my life, and like and so it'll be hosted by me, but alongside a guest each week.
Speaker 3: Talent love that that's fine, thanks that I can already see that.
Speaker 7: I know what it is. What you say, well no, well no, because I know. So you tell me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean I picture like drama teacher, Like that's what I'm getting. I'm also getting maybe a director's chair.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm getting.
Speaker 3: It's literally that.
Speaker 7: So it's me leaning over the back of a direction.
Speaker 3: I can't wait five mine just say?
Speaker 7: Can I say? The obvious answer is always right? Like I went through many ideas for the podcast warm and I was like trying to wrack my brain, like what hasn't been done, and like, what's brand spanking you? And I'm like, it's been in my bio since day dot director of Performing Arts. Yeah, it fucking wrote itself.
Speaker 3: I broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, we're not reinventing the wheel. Let's just give them. People love talking about pop culture and that's.
Speaker 3: So to I love that so much. I'm excited to see.
Speaker 7: It excited to be on it. Well, going to the studio tomorrow to start booking in timeslots, so imminent. Yeah, really exciting, really really exciting.
Speaker 3: Now, do you want to address the rumors that you and Matt slept together that's why trash Alley was dismantled. Sorry, but we have to ask, well, by time record.
Speaker 7: I will shut that down very quickly. Both Matt and I are in very committed relationships and so those rumors are not true. And whoever out of those.
Speaker 3: Well, she's next year, she's a bitch?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 9: Listening on Spotify? I don't forget to leave a five star eating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the gorgeous tear Abbit is here with us today aka Worthless Twink on Instagram. Make sure you give him a follow if you haven't already, I can ask it for it. I'm assuming that's where you're going to drop the news about the new podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, absolutely, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Before we get into your is it just me?
Speaker 5: Can I ask a question about one of your Instagram posts, the selfie with Magnus Ebanski.
Speaker 4: Is she an angel in real life?
Speaker 7: So I'll tell you the backstory. So I just I was down at Clovelli and I just went for a swim, so I literally just thrown myself into the beach, got out and I was like, I'll grab a coffee. So I went up to the clovellly kiosk and in the corner there she was.
Speaker 3: And I was like, did your heart skip a beat?
Speaker 7: It was racing so hard.
Speaker 4: I mean, as a fellow I'm Kim fan, you'd be dying.
Speaker 7: And I was like, there's one of my childhood heroes just having a casual breakfast. Now it went through my head. I was like, well, fuck, she's with a friend and like she's having breakfast and I'm like, do I respect the peace? And the other part of me went, this is gonna happen once. P is gonna happen once, And and I pre planned what I was going to say in my head just so I didn't have to give her any responsibility kind of conversation. So I went in, I just want to hate. I'm just want to let you know I'm a huge fan and you're a huge era of mine and like love Cauth and Kim, so like it was just a very closed comment and like back away, and then she was like, oh, like that's awesome. And then I was like, and then I went into the mean thing and I was like, oh, and I made a lockdown meme would you reshare it? And she was like was that you? And I was like yes. And then she was like did you want to get a photo?
Speaker 4: And oh.
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 7: And I was like yes please, but I was still in my budgies so and everything okay, So what she said she said, why don't you turn around and take a selfie and I'll photo bomb it. And I was like great, So I went boom boom, and I turned around, thank you, and then left very swiftly.
Speaker 3: Wow. So Magda has seen your ass in budget.
Speaker 7: She has seen the ars.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Look how adorable she's in the photo.
Speaker 7: She looks like she was delightful and also to spring her Thank God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Angel, maybe that is I actually think that's a good clue because the time I met Magda was also when she was having breakfast. You're kiding, so maybe it's her favorite food. Yeah. At the Logis, we were next to each other at the buffet and we I was like she was there, My, oh my god, that's Magda, and I want to get the breakfast buffet. So I'm sitting there, and we're like standing side by side at the buffet and she gets to the hash Browns and I get Hash Browns and she goes, they're good Ash Browns, crispy. I'm like, yes, they are. No, I didn't say anything. I just I wanted to act cool. I didn't want to add no photo. But then, like she we left the buffet at the same time, and it's like we could have sat very close, but then we just sat on opposite ends of the of the restaurant and the star was horrific.
Speaker 7: Another meeting your heroes is I met Connie Mitchell from Sneaky Sound System. Oh yeah, and Scene Sounds is one of my all time favorite bands. I adore them. I think they're so so great. They make awesome pop music. And my she was in an event that I was at and my friend Tom was like, well, I'm going to go say hi to are you coming? And I was like, okay, okay, I'll come with you anyway. So Tom went over and said hi, and he was like, Conne, I want to introduce you to your biggest fan and turned around and I was like to turn.
Speaker 3: My legs, like oh okay.
Speaker 7: And she was so sweet and just gave me so much time and we ended up having a really nice chat. But yeah, yeah, she was lovely. But so meet your heroes.
Speaker 4: Do you have any nightmare meeting your hero stories?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I met Russell Crowe, but he wasn't a hero, so I.
Speaker 3: Think no.
Speaker 7: I think everyone that I've met has been so lovely and kind. I think if you go on with a bit of a strategy, just being like, hi, I love your stuff, think you're awesome, like carry on or high love you stuff? Can we quickly get a photo? Or I think going with a strategy, yeah, show some respect, then don't launch into the like best friend.
Speaker 5: I'm actually I'm the opposite. Where what about you'll chat with people for ages. If someone's coming up to me and saying, oh, hi, I listened to the podcast whatever, I'll keep chatting to them and then they're kind of like, how.
Speaker 4: The fuck do I exit this? I'm chatted with Mitchell like I'm the opposite. I chat too much.
Speaker 7: You've pulled out two microphones and yeah they have a set.
Speaker 3: All right, shall we get him to do an gym of his own?
Speaker 4: I'm assuming you've brought one with you.
Speaker 7: I bought a few, of course I did. I've settled on one.
Speaker 3: All right, Bradley, can't you in finish this sentence? Okay? Is it just me? Are the Swifties not well? I concur with you. Yes, I will labor.
Speaker 7: I will elaborate, and before I'm going to do a top line summary and say, I like Taylor Swift. Calm the fuck down.
Speaker 3: It's very very smart.
Speaker 7: I like calm down. I like Taylor Swift. She's a great songwriter. I love it. However, I have some friends who are die hard Swifties, and recently it's almost bordery on COVID conspiracy vibes listening to them talk. I'm like, I'm just waiting for the time where I can tell you you need help?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah?
Speaker 7: Have you seen the stuff that I'm referencing?
Speaker 5: Are they just talking about like all the little Easter eggs? Everything she does is a hint of something coming up.
Speaker 7: It's looking for clues and plot holes, something in nothing, something in nothing, which is conspiracy, which is QAnon meaning out of nothing. But they'll be like her her shirt that she wore Yes I had five buttons, and the fifth track of her most recent album, it's called buttons, yes, all this random shit and they're like, okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: But Taylor Swift, her fucking self, has created that everyone's looking meaning in everything because she does she does little sisters in all of her videos.
Speaker 7: And if you're Taylor, great, what a hardcore loyal fan base. Excellent. But for the fans, I worry because I'm like, I'm looking at these people that are now like in these like webs of forums of like, oh she said this. She said the word midnights in the reputation to our concert. Okay, a very common word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was performing it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. She she gave us a clue seven years ago. And I'm like, lots of artists do this. They know what album's coming next. Like it's not like exclusive to Taita, but.
Speaker 3: They give her so much credit. They like make it out that she is this this genius who is sitting there with thirty people in a boardroom like love it. But she's not that switched on. See.
Speaker 5: I don't begrudge them for like looking into all this shit because I don't give enough of a fuck to look into all the ins and ranks and make my own theories. But I love hearing about them.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm all for fandom. I love fandom, but this is now a point where I'm like, this is consuming your well being. Yes, and that's where I get scared. But going back to think about Taylor inventing stuff. So the thing about the contracts and the Taylor's virgiins, Yeah, and when they start telling me about the contracts that Taylor was in, I was like, that's pretty stando music industry, Like yes, yes, yeah, in terms of someone would own the recording rights, someone would own the writing rights, and someone would own the publishing rights. And I'm like, that's pretty much every music contract that has been written since the DNA.
Speaker 3: She just weaponized a common contract. She made everyone think that she was in a shitty deal. Everyone's in that deal.
Speaker 4: Is it the right deal? Is it good that that's the normal deal?
Speaker 3: No, that's true. I mean Kanye has come out. She did start sort of a trend. I think artists have come out exposing the labels for these terrible deals.
Speaker 7: However, but the labels offer so much. They give you all the marketing budget, they give you a huge distribution, they put you in front of the right people.
Speaker 3: They give you cash, advancement.
Speaker 7: Cash, advancements, tours, what's access to incredible recordings to you? So, like it really shits me when they're like girl bass, like reclaiming the contract. She's rewriting the industry, and I'm like, she's not, because like that's fucking common standard practice. Sorry, may I get what you're saying?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 5: I did think she was mostly fucked off about that because they didn't tell her that they were selling her music.
Speaker 4: Didn't she want to buy it herself? And she was like, oh, I didn't know it's for sale?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that was that was Yeah, she right, she had the option to buy her Masters especially didn't know, but no one let her buy her own. No one gave the opportunity that we know of, that we know of. Correct. Well, she was too busy planning Easter Eggs for her album in twenty fifty.
Speaker 7: Correct. Correct.
Speaker 5: I'd never heard the word Easter egg used in that context before. I was like, it has always been a thing, like Easter egg is in a clue.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it is fun because it's like Easter egg hunts, you go hunting for the little.
Speaker 3: So it comes from like the gaming community, right, it's like Easter eggs in games that reference old games and future games, or.
Speaker 7: That you might unlock a different path or whatever. But that's why, like Kate Bush when running up that Hill had that re surgeence after strange things, strange of things. She did own the recording, writing and publishing rights, so she made banks. I love that she did that in nineteen eighty. So all the swifties out there, Miss Kate fucking Bush did it.
Speaker 3: It was transseid. Sorry then, but don't watch Taylor come out and go I haven't shaved in months, And they're like, yes, because her and Kate Bush, and she's done. She did actually beat Kate Bush because she's got a vagina hair, so shut up.
Speaker 7: Got a bit of a Kate Bush sticking out over there. I can see it's intentional anyway, that's my pace.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Wow, speaking of Bush, can we get you to add to our list?
Speaker 4: Please? We get every fucking guest to do this.
Speaker 5: We've got a list of things better than drugs and dick Oh yeah yeah, Because as someone who was about to exit their twenties, can you please vouch that sometimes when you're in your early twenties, you get swept up and you become obsessed with boys' party, whatever it may be.
Speaker 7: This answer was very easy for me because chocolate covered sultanash iculous. If someone gave me a night on the couch with chocolate covered cocolate with a boy, I thought he'd be bigger. Chocolate covered sultana is very hard thing to say, my got, and also very hard thing to buy, very scarcely stocked in your coals and woolies.
Speaker 5: But what about the road shock when you don't realize that it's a fucking chocolate coat, it's sultana, like it's an Easter egg.
Speaker 4: And then you're biting into it and go.
Speaker 7: It's like them.
Speaker 4: It's not my favorite.
Speaker 7: I think they're very polarizing.
Speaker 4: I've never really.
Speaker 3: Tried it, but I love them. I love them. I grew up on that seat.
Speaker 7: It's my bag. Like if someone's like a bag, I'm like of chocolate.
Speaker 3: Couple. Mile four.
Speaker 4: Had a chocolate coated Gogieberry.
Speaker 6: Credible.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I get them actually health.
Speaker 3: Foods, doors and stuff.
Speaker 6: They come in like a little bag.
Speaker 7: I don't know. Logieberry is.
Speaker 5: Up shriveled piece of sh in the help fruit section next to the Cheka seats and stuff.
Speaker 7: Okay, it actually does sound like something I would like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, white, gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Nothing worse though than getting a chocolate covered sultana biting into it and it's a peanut.
Speaker 7: I completely agree. I completely agree. Like the mixed assortments.
Speaker 3: Now, no, I don't want to. I can tell the difference, but just by the size of it, whether it's going to be a peanut or a sultana in there. The peanuts are always a bit chunkier.
Speaker 7: And the sad thing is it gives me terrible tem me aches grams of them because they fucking taste so good.
Speaker 3: That's cute.
Speaker 5: I like that an edition, you know, it's one of your little guilty pledges. Well, anything else added, at least while I've got the pen out adding.
Speaker 7: I also had one which was very different is being uncontactable, which was either in the form of off the grid, going off the grid, or like even a flight like I'm quite salty that they've added in flight Wi Fi because I'm like, it's the one time that you can be like off for the next hour or seventeen hours. I'm just going to be with my thought, with my thoughts.
Speaker 5: But aren't you a bit of a tighter I seem not going to pay for the in flight Wi Fi.
Speaker 7: Are you correct? I wouldn't pay for it anyway, But the thing is going it's the option because you can put your phone on do not Disturb, you can put your fone in aeroplane mode. But you know if you turn it back on, the notifications will come through like they don't.
Speaker 4: That's a bit depressing.
Speaker 5: I get off the flight and go, fuck, I'm going to have so many tech times.
Speaker 7: Oh I've just oh my god, I've just all these offers have just come. Yeah. And so there were a couple of places in the shower on the flight and then camping that I'm like, you just can't be contacted, And that to me is way better than any drug or sex or dick. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The last couple of guess we've had have sort of found a loophole and this drugs and dick list like Sean Zeps did rimming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is technically not drugs or dick. But I'm like, you don't fucking get it.
Speaker 7: Sorry, no, mind out of the gutter. There's so much more.
Speaker 4: To life tits.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's very fair. I think she was being shaky, but yeah, no, there's there's plenty more to life than drugs and dick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got a whole bloody list. I love what Spanky Jackson said from Drag Race. This is word for word, KFC. You still get to suck on something, but you don't get the after taste, and there's no shame if there's a bit left over in your tits later.
Speaker 7: She's a stand up. That's a classic.
Speaker 3: That's a brilliant a.
Speaker 4: Tony Lodge said, really good melted cheese.
Speaker 7: See this is why Tony and I would be best friends.
Speaker 5: I caught up with Tony the other day, and a lot of time in our catch up we're spent talking about you.
Speaker 4: We're like, yeah, we'd go into battle for timberly adoring.
Speaker 7: I just love hearing that because I think she's the best. I like, yeah.
Speaker 3: She actually asked.
Speaker 5: When I said, oh yeah, he's coming on the podcast next week, she said, can you send a fan question from me? So tiny Lodge wants to know what toothpaste do you use?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 7: Do you know what? I'm going to say? Whatever's the cheapest? Really, I look for the yellow tags and I go your two dollars?
Speaker 3: Are you tired? Asked him. I don't know if it's about.
Speaker 7: You ultimate tighter. Why why I'm very I'm just very frugal with my coins because like particularly imperishables, like I love so funny. I love buying nice things like I will love spending three and a half thousand dollars on your computer because I'm like, I will cherish it and I love it. But then when it comes to things that are fleeting and it could have just you know, I don't like food, hate spending money on food because I'm like, I will get five seconds of enjoyment out of that.
Speaker 4: You're suck a for a snitty special I love.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like I love that, but like I want to save my pennies for things that like, yeah, will hold longevity or like yeah, I get smart, not impartial to a like a Louis v. You know, yeah, like love, but again I'm like I would rather save up for that. Then you know, just spend coins on like by the.
Speaker 3: Ultra brightening cold Grate white for twelve dollars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you want to send it to me, great, but like I'm not going to spend twelve dollars on it, so tony, Yeah, whatever is the cheapest, so it could be.
Speaker 3: A great questions to the show.
Speaker 7: I have a story about Tony. Well, we have a little in joke, and I hope I'm not embarrassing her. But Tony and I have listen joke because on her Instagram stories, she'll always preface something for international audiences. So she'll be like, for the international audiences like this time or like it's a available like to us, and.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I do.
Speaker 4: But it's like and.
Speaker 3: Then, so I'll always do it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tony, I'm from this place. I'm just taking if it's available here, like and so we always gone about the international audiences, so good.
Speaker 3: I do the same thing.
Speaker 5: We have the same joke because I think Mitch underestimates people's intelligence overseas. We're like, after the international audience, are traffic is? You know, people are driving their cars, so they need to hear the traffic report, And we're like, yeah, we fucking know what a traffic report is.
Speaker 4: Everyone has that.
Speaker 3: I'm old school radio. I set up everything. I give context for everyone.
Speaker 7: Context is king and I do the exact same thing because there's.
Speaker 4: At that point where it's insulting.
Speaker 7: No, but I would I would rather that than someone DM me and be like no, traffic, and so it's like, sorry to bore you for three seconds. But like for everyone else, I'm just such.
Speaker 3: A people pleaser that I want everyone to have context all the time.
Speaker 5: I think context is good, but yes, sometimes his borders on man's plaining his context.
Speaker 7: It completely thinks about how I communicate online because I'm like, if I get one DM that doesn't understand this failed, I haven't done my job well enough. And the other day I was talking about I've been doing some investigation on multi level marketing scams. I saw that I loved it, and then I said, I was like, look, this is going to be a job for Tracy Grimshaw. She's going to have to come out of retirement. That because I know that she's retired. And then the amount of message Tracy.
Speaker 4: Grimshaw, it's actually Ali langdon not bad.
Speaker 7: Listen carefully put your listenings, Okay, I under try and believe I know Tracy Grimshaw. Well yeah, and I would never speak out of him.
Speaker 3: For international Listener's. Tracy Grimshaw is she's a journalist that has since retired. Our Barbara Walters. She is our Barbara Walters. All right, well, you can get worthless twink on all socials. Go give him a follow, very cute, very sorry not also lab it everywhere else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just Instagram is my go to.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's all right, come say hi, we love you, Thank you for coming on.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're welcome any time.
Speaker 7: I honestly have anytime.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll poison Mitch so he's sick, and then you can come fill.
Speaker 7: In anytime you need a fill a queen. I will be here.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Oh I read that as field space a queen and I thought, wow, you're offering that's lovely.
Speaker 7: Well I'll take you up on it. You said, thanks for coming on, and I say where Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh that was great quick easter egg. You said. When I look at you, I think, oh god, they're going to come for me the Swift.
Speaker 4: You're going to be killed carefully mate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, actually I think that's something with the thirty year like you just go what it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, twink if you're upset about the Swift.
Speaker 4: Comment did not come for our podcast made no no?
Speaker 7: I said, love Taylor, love the songwriting.
Speaker 3: You will be the kind of gray situation fans.
Speaker 4: Oh my goh, you go, don't even start us.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go let's get out of here. We're back next week.
Speaker 4: We better go. Thanks for coming in, Timmy, so you guys.
Speaker 3: See you next week.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's just me a podcast bake, couple of make sure you've hit on your podcast.
Speaker 5: Welcome to add Brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we call it A to D Briefly. There's a couple of people with add having a de brief. There's nothing planned structure.
Speaker 7: You know what this is? What this is like is like when you stick around for the end of the credits and they give you a little bonus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a Marvel, like a little monster.
Speaker 5: Zinc.
Speaker 7: It's a bonus scene at the end of the credits.
Speaker 3: That's a monster Zinc was laughing to the movies.
Speaker 5: They're the only ones I can think of that actually did that, Like the little bonus Marvel.
Speaker 3: It's like Marvel's. It's become their thing. They always tease the next movie in the end of the current movie.
Speaker 7: It's a whole fucking and to the swift is know about this because they would go fucking crazy for that.
Speaker 3: They'd write down that the buddy screen they knocked down the projector this is Taylor's thing. I'm trying to see if I can get chocolate covered a Sultana's delivered. But I can surely if.
Speaker 4: You went like a Wooli's metro or something.
Speaker 7: If you did, I could eat the whole bag in Monskitty.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they're not bags anymore, Tim, They're like, yeah, I literally do love them.
Speaker 6: Sure you can get them to live in sure.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 7: While we were recording, Mitch, I noticed your Nigma shirt.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this Milady Gaga match. And I'm not gonna lie. When I was fucking going through the wardrobe watch that I wear today, I did think our team will get a kick out of this. That's why I put it on.
Speaker 7: And it did. It kicked me many times.
Speaker 4: I actually bought it in Vegas at the show.
Speaker 3: Did you go? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I did because I I probably had a couple thousand dollars in my bank account to my name.
Speaker 4: Like I made, I got it, traveled it. It wasn't good.
Speaker 7: I probably had two and a half thousand dollars in my account and I went, I know, I won't regret going. No, I did it and I didn't, and I was being I was drikes again, Well I was no, But that's something that I would spend my money because I did that for Beyonce. I took myself to San Francisco to time myself to see Beyonce and Jay Z on the Run twenty four times. Yeah, and it was worth every penny.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would describe a concert as perishable. It's nothing you can keep.
Speaker 7: But I kept the memories, memories last day. Yeah, and I also got some great stories out of that trip. But with the enigma to it, did you see both jazz and pop?
Speaker 4: No? I really wanted to, but at that particular time I was there.
Speaker 5: She wasn't doing the jazz version of the residency until like January, and I was there on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 7: You saw her on News Eve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she did the fucking midnight countdown and everything. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: I hate to interrupt, but I've ordered this whole time review. I found the mere They're organic too.
Speaker 4: I did notice that you went a bit quiet.
Speaker 7: You were about you were about to see something quite impressive, because you might look at me and go, oh, he nibbles, he's put together, he nibbles, he grazes. Oh, you you'd be wrong, because I will devour.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited. To see and I'm going to film it and I'm going to cancel.
Speaker 7: You if the council culture go for it. But how was the show?
Speaker 4: It was great. I watched it twice to FORMALLYGMA show.
Speaker 7: You went to the pop version twice?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: I thought that I'd go in sober and I'd be seated and I'd appreciate it for all it's art and whatever, and that was fine. And then the following night I went with a friend on the mosh pit and we were pretty lit, and then I realized, Okay, this show is very much designed.
Speaker 4: For people off their face. It was so much more enjoyable.
Speaker 7: So the first night you go by yourself? Yeah, because I love that. Because the first I went to On the Run the Beyonce Tour by myself, and then I Beyonce Jays, I should say. But then I also went to Gaga's The Fame Ball Tour twice by myself.
Speaker 4: Wow, and what was the vibe? Then we were drinking at that point.
Speaker 7: No, No, I was sixteen, fifteen or sixteen, so you were drinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, country kid coming out.
Speaker 7: But I actually I think I enjoyed. I preferred going by myself because I could be my full emotional self. I don't think I want anyone to see me like that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I was the opposite.
Speaker 5: I couldn't be my full emotional self because I was like, fuck, that's weird. I'm sitting here by myself. So I was just sitting there like I was a reviewer. I was like, yes, I enjoyed that song, miss Gag, Yeah, yes, and so. But the second night, when I was there with my mate, Oh, that's.
Speaker 7: Actually also a good idea going twice, because do you ever find like the pressure of going to a concert you have so much built up in your head and the expectation and like what's gonna happen? You get to experience the show and it's almost like watching a movie the second time, Like you come in and you're like I can actually sit down and enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Can very expensive habit to watch everything to the first time I watched Wicked the musical, I.
Speaker 4: Was like, is that it is?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 5: What everyone's overhyping is the world's best musical. The second time I went, I was like, oh, I get it, and now I could sing every fucking word from every song.
Speaker 7: What were you gonna say?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say this means nothing to me, and I find it's so incredibly boring, and I hate to have an Is it just me on the fly? I can't stand concerts. I find them so boring. I get nothing from them that I find no connection. I'd much rather listen to the artist and watch interviews and connect on a way that is actually personal. I feel it's so impersonal, and I think it's a waste of money.
Speaker 4: But it's a fun novelty.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I hate that you don't enjoy them. It's not loud, it's crowded, it's so expensive, it's overpriced.
Speaker 7: I agree with you on some part, like I've loved my Beyonce concerts. I've loved my gy Go concerts, but also I go. I'd be much happy if no one else.
Speaker 3: Was here, that's exact. Maybe that's yes, I wanted to be gaga me because that's.
Speaker 7: Getting like whacked and pulled too.
Speaker 3: Much and people are screaming, and then you can't even see. You've got to pay astronomical prices to even get a good look at them. I just don't. I do not like concerts. I don't see the value.
Speaker 7: You're almost better off. This is so old to me, But seated and so you can actually like see the stage and enjoy, you know, if they've got a great voice, or you.
Speaker 5: Know, one of the best I've ever been to was seated at Shannai Twain.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've got a point because the best concert I've ever been to was Elton John seated and it was amazing because I just sat there and everyone else was seated because they just had negal placements. Everyone that was like, yeah, I think for.
Speaker 5: Elton John because I went to that, they didn't even have the option to not see it a bit on the ground where you'd normally have a mosh bit. They just put fucking fold out camping to sound for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was amazing they knew their audience. But yeah, that's surprising because you've been in like the music world for a long time.
Speaker 3: And your team, I get to talk to these people, so I don't need to see and if that's the music world.
Speaker 7: Who got interview wise and who who surprised you the most.
Speaker 3: As good talent or bad?
Speaker 7: No, no, no interview going in maybe having a different perception in your head because you you would interview people that you're not necessarily a fan of, or you might be like, oh, like, they're not that interesting. Who surprised you?
Speaker 3: Who surprised me? Do Belipa? Did surprise me?
Speaker 7: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Like very charming, very sweet and kind. I got to interview Ohm. I going, I'm going to butcher their name, what's his name? No, ex nirvana, I love to you. He just he just died. I can't. I interviewed him the week before. He died from an excess. No, not from an excess. Now my collection stuff food Fighters, the drama who only just died. Yeah, yeah, he died suddenly. I interviewed him a week before. I had the last interview with him ever. And I don't listen to the Taylor Hawkins And.
Speaker 7: That'll be on his Wikipedia page for yeah, the last.
Speaker 3: I don't listen to the food Fighters, never have. But I interviewed them, and they were they blew me away because they're old school. They're charming, they were sweet, They asked questions back, they gave great responses.
Speaker 7: Is that interesting someone who.
Speaker 3: Listens, it's it's it's a very very rare trait.
Speaker 7: But it's a rare but appreciated trait when someone can be an active listener. Yeah, do a leaper? Why did she surprise you did you think she was going to be a bit two dimensional?
Speaker 3: But I love I love her music same. But I worried that because I have a lot of the pop stars. I'm not going to name names terrible interviews. Can you name names shocking? No, I won't name names nobody now. I don't want to because I'll talk to them again and then if I pissed off labels.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I reckon.
Speaker 4: I think Shaki is listening to this podcast potentially fuck that.
Speaker 3: No, I've never.
Speaker 7: Never I reckon. Miley would have been a good time. The interview you did with my.
Speaker 3: Was amazing and I kept her there for ten minutes before I even started the zoom, so I got off on the wrong foot. So you're right, and she was amazing.
Speaker 7: She seems to be so unfazed by all of the glitzing, but I.
Speaker 3: Expected that, to be honest, I expected that Miley would be good, and she was great.
Speaker 7: And maybe that is because she's an EPO baby and she's just been around her whole life.
Speaker 3: Dade, you respect you.
Speaker 5: Also, just like chill and asking you questions about like the vinyls.
Speaker 4: On your wall in the.
Speaker 3: American I love that album.
Speaker 7: That was a great Miley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: She also I'm sorry, I really love Miley because she's maturing as an artist. It's so exciting watching an artist actually grow in shape shift. Her voice is getting so much better. Like, not that it was ever bad, but I think her voice what you did?
Speaker 3: Disagree?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just thinking it's getting a bit husky and like cigarette affects.
Speaker 7: Vocals, you know, do you know? But I said this on Will Gibb's podcast, But about Katie Perry, I'm like, I feel like Katie as an artist.
Speaker 5: I heard that and I wanted to fucking throw my phone at the wall. You are so incorrect.
Speaker 7: I don't think she's matured as a vocalist.
Speaker 5: Her vocals have gotten way better than like the early days, especially when she was pregnant. I don't know what it was about having a fucking kid in a rabdomen. It must have been.
Speaker 3: Who are we talking about? I was still on my ley. I thought a baby.
Speaker 4: I think she has.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, some recent performance of the Katie is like that King's Coronation rubbish. I was like, damn it, because I've been telling everyone no, no, no, she has gotten better around which is a shame. When was the smile stuff that was like twenty twenty one, twenty twenty it was. But her live vocals are really good and all the comments on YouTube are like, fuck me, she's finally peaking and no one gives a fuck anymore. You know, Floppyera, she can sing better, So I disagree with you, but anyway, I.
Speaker 7: Just it's okay, do not make this negative. To make it positive. It's great seeing someone like may Own and be like she's really getting it, Like she's just really mastered her craft now. And I've loved the whole journey to get here, but I feel like now she's like this fully realized superstuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm just writing this down so you have this Taylor Swift and Katy Perry just just so the fans can keep track.
Speaker 7: I love Katie's music, and I think she does. She's a great songwriter, she makes great pop. She understands the pop brief, she understands the pop world. It's just weird that ten years into the game her vocals haven't matured with her.
Speaker 3: Is that because she was already really good to start?
Speaker 5: No, she actually has gotten better, though, So I'm like, have you watched them recently because they like, I'll have to send you some links where I'm like, I would love.
Speaker 7: To be impressed.
Speaker 3: Got really good, you're waiting.
Speaker 7: I love the music. Yeah, that's a lot of that's a lot of play.
Speaker 5: Thing about Miley because I'm a huge Marley fan as well, is that, Yes, her voice has changed.
Speaker 4: But sometimes I feel like a concerned auntie.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, babe's off the Darry's place because she can't hit the high notes like she used to. Sometimes it sounds like she's really straining to get the high notes that she used to. She's fucking dropping wrecking ball down a couple of keys or semi tones however, because she can't hit those notes anymore. And I'm like, did you lay off the dart?
Speaker 7: Did you see the Did you see the Attention live album from Who Miley?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: She does a great cover of like a Prayer and Heart of Glass.
Speaker 5: Oh this is the cover part of Glass is a perfect example of where I'm like, you sound like you're actually hurting your throat trying to get that.
Speaker 3: Nice shopoke about that on this show.
Speaker 4: I think I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was the top five of something.
Speaker 5: It was, Yeah, I did a Top five Miley Syrahs song Come Let's go look it Up Babe.
Speaker 4: It was the whole segment.
Speaker 7: But for me, I'm like, she's nailing rock. I don't think she'll ever be a jazz singer. She'll certainly never be anything more than the rock genre, which is fine, but she's mastered the rock genre. I think she's one of the most unique female vocalists in mainstream music.
Speaker 3: Where do you stand on Averamax?
Speaker 7: I love the music? Yeah, sorry, yes? What's the ma head maha?
Speaker 3: My favorite song in the world. That's my favorite song. Yeah, A million Dollar Baby. It's a gym.
Speaker 7: It's a gym bar for me, like, wouldn't go to all concert And I don't know how she is as a vocalist.
Speaker 3: I completely agree. She also doesn't get the love that she deserves. But she also needs to work into the personality that the president. She She does a bad interview.
Speaker 4: You didn't want a name, No, no, I have interviewed her.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe there was a teleprompter on her side. All I'm saying just you know, she just has her responses.
Speaker 7: I think the music it goes hand in hand. Now, I think, particularly like someone what is it I spice.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I spice Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think has nailed the online personality thing, which adds so much more to her music, right. And I think also early day Gaga, like her interviews were fucking wild, right and so like the music was great, but people were talking about her because of the personality and the interest and the music only gets you so far. So like, yeah, my our notes to Ava would be turn it up.
Speaker 4: Favorite, Like early Gaga interview is when.
Speaker 7: I could quote so many she had, Like I could quote.
Speaker 5: Where she had chewing gum or a lowier something in her mouth and the guy from sixty minutes asked her about the room is that she's got a peanis and she's.
Speaker 7: Like she had a fake fake diamond a diamond, took it out and then dropped it in her tee like it was. And that was Anderson Cooper, who's like my huge career icon, your career.
Speaker 3: Icon, baby is he baby massive baby from who I think it's like the Vanderbilt his city.
Speaker 7: Correct, But he's a power gay.
Speaker 3: Of course, he's a power game. You look a lot like him too, I think gorgeous, nice skin.
Speaker 7: He very sophisticated, very.
Speaker 3: Very eloquent, he's he's my pitch because you were picturing him nude. Here's my pick. Here's my pitch to you. Yeah, Anderson Cooper, Andy Cohen Cohen. Let's be that in this in Australia. We can do it. I can be a bit mean, I can I can have the sarcasm.
Speaker 7: You would be the Andy coul Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: And you can be the sweet one. I would love nothing because I'm commercial radio. I'm really commercial. Andy's really commercial with Bravo. I'm gus.
Speaker 5: I was listening to you talking the Mint about like who's your favorite Andy blah blah blah. I was like, yeah, I can see this podcast. Yours working, Timberlake.
Speaker 7: Thank you well, thank you, thank you, thanks for the great feedback. I just want to say I've been asked recently like like what's your career goal, Like what's the absolute dream job? I said, sixty minutes. I was like, really, they cover anything from Adele's new album to North Korea getting bombed, like it's full spectrum interviews, which I love so like when asked about like dream job and like sixty minutes, like because you're storytelling and you're telling the best stories.
Speaker 4: And you've got a choice for it when they do the I'm live's hand, I'm Tara Brown. Who was me?
Speaker 7: Oh my god? Hold on, they did this. I heard I heard you guys talking about AI in one of your podcasts. Oh yeah, a couple of ago, Yeah yeah, and Obsessed and they did a great segment on AI and the opening. Can I play the opening? I've got it saved my phone.
Speaker 5: I've got to say, sometimes if I don't know what to put on TV, I do just go to the sixty minutes. It's throught the YouTube channel and oh my god, I Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Have you not how many views they've got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have one hundred million views. They probably get more people watching than they do on table. Yeah, the tround the fucking vlogga.
Speaker 7: Yes, you need to watch this one then, but this might not make the podcast, But this to me is page journalism.
Speaker 3: Okay. Think we may.
Speaker 10: Look on our time as the moment civilization was transformed as it was by fire, agriculture, and electricity. In twenty twenty three, we learned that a machine taught itself how to speak to humans like a peer, which is to say, with creativity, truth, error and lies. The technology known as a chatbot is only one of the recent breakthroughs in artificial intelligence machines that can teach themselves superhuman skills. We explored what's coming next at Google. A leader in this new world, CEO Sundar Pachai told us AI will be as good or as evil as human nature allows.
Speaker 3: I'm hooked now, I'm on that.
Speaker 4: And AI reading that sound a bit like that?
Speaker 5: Not the reason you were impressed with, because that was a fucking Ai man and sounded.
Speaker 3: Like I was.
Speaker 7: I thought that's where it was going to go, just in terms of the delivery, in terms of their setup of going like we are. We're at the next frontier and it's going to be as good or as evil as humans design it to. And I'm like, or allow it to be.
Speaker 3: I love finding out those facts about it. Oh, Uber eats is here?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Jenna? Do you want to get them reception under my name?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: You stay here, you're at this distinguished guest. They're at reception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, all right, Well it's always time for us to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Make it quick.
Speaker 3: His name is chin Jin's got your order, and he's got three bags. I've got three bags in case we never have We really do need to get out of here.
Speaker 5: This is a random comparison to make back to the AI things, very weird comparison to make. But remember when covid first became a thing, it was kind of like there was probably a week at most where people were like, oh, this is a fun novelty, we get to stay home, oh great, or like oh if I get it, I get two weeks off work.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 5: But then it started to slowly but surely get to a point where I was like, this is actually a bit fucking scary.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel about AI. I was like this chat jeep me too a rite shit for me, and I'm like, fuck, I could murder me one day. It makes me like a little bit uneasy totally.
Speaker 7: I'm in the camp of like I love it and I embrace it, but I'm a take enthusiast though, so I.
Speaker 4: Know, like I'm into it now, I'm a tech as well.
Speaker 3: Isn't that funny?
Speaker 5: I'm into it now as it stands, but like if it advances too fucking fun is it.
Speaker 7: Funny or is it exciting?
Speaker 3: Oh it's exciting?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 3: That was You're in a sixty minutes. That was the out and then more, No, let we love to know your thoughts. Let us know sixty minutes dot com. They always throw to sixty minutes dot.
Speaker 4: Com for Peter Harvey's mail bag has to do that.
Speaker 3: At the end.
Speaker 4: Do that at the end of every sixty minutes.
Speaker 3: Are you an Apple boy?
Speaker 7: I suspect that you have a Steve Jobs tattoo?
Speaker 3: I might?
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Is it apples on? Is it the apple on your balls?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Adams Apple?
Speaker 7: Having Tim's getting up, having all my tattoos, all all of them are I'm not because I don't love Steve, but.
Speaker 4: Can you let me know? River goes, well, I've got to ditch this art pop ship and me up again. You don't hate no, I just over it.
Speaker 3: You're getting it. Stay hungry, okay, hold on, so I'm looking at you. They're all half removed as well.
Speaker 5: Have undone your fly, He's pants are down, Stay hungry?
Speaker 3: Which was wow?
Speaker 4: Tim, Do you know what I just remembered?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: A while ago during one of those fucking rare moments, but you and I were both on trash Alley. We were talking about tattoos and you were like, oh, my tattoos are in kind of personal areas that it'll be too revealing.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to show you. You just got your fucking thighs out for Cherry.
Speaker 3: We've been friends for all We've been friend.
Speaker 7: For a long time, and maybe I just feel more comfortable.
Speaker 3: Here, possibly potentially, Yeah, there's more room to walk around. They're actually well, thank you for showing me as.
Speaker 7: I've also got much longer T shirt on today.
Speaker 3: You didn't cover up?
Speaker 7: I did cover Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're worried about Yeah the big I didn't look.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I was very respectful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just poked you in the eye.
Speaker 3: A choice. That's a whole nother pub the w WDCs next week.
Speaker 7: It's on Monday.
Speaker 3: Let's text, let's do the lift.
Speaker 7: You're opening can of work? Are you going to wait?
Speaker 3: This is our first intro was Anderson and Andy. It's we can live stream together and and unpacked.
Speaker 7: Because it's so funny. I was again on the on the back of the podcasting concept thing. I was like, I love tech. I'm such a tech enthusiast, but I'm like, no one eats it up.
Speaker 3: But hold on, that could be my topic You're going to have to get Because I love Apple, I love Okay, you come on and we talk about Apple.
Speaker 5: To get us on separately. Yeah, because like once you guys get on a roll about your things, but then we're very different. We were just sucking on a roll about concerts, this.
Speaker 7: This is, And I think that's sorry. I think that's the beauty of my own podcast.
Speaker 3: Because that doesn't even existence, is it?
Speaker 7: Like we can talk about something so in about what you love, we'll talk about something in that you love.
Speaker 5: And on the off chance that some guests comes in, you don't necessarily give a fuck about what they're talking about, just ask questions.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing. And then again, I also love learning and hearing about someone else's interesting passions, so it's okay.
Speaker 3: Maybe I bring something that you don't know about then otherwise than.
Speaker 7: Which I mean would be many things.
Speaker 4: What there's no.
Speaker 3: He's on a scooter.
Speaker 7: Outside perception maybe like at the door.
Speaker 3: Maybe now she's replied the bibbs fibbs bibbs gas lighting.
Speaker 4: Patience is a really good virtue, Jenna.
Speaker 3: In the time that you came up here and abused me in front of friends, you could have had our chuckies. I get the chuckies.
Speaker 5: Goodness me you're gonna have a conversation, Jenny, can you do it on Mike? But then I have to funk around turning up the volume in the vact.
Speaker 3: She doesn't understand it.
Speaker 7: I don't want to go down the Abbot Sorry, Abbot, that's your name, Apple rabbit hole.
Speaker 4: But I'd love to go down the Abbott rabbit.
Speaker 3: Rabbit.
Speaker 7: We'll be in contact, we please? Yeah? Are you die hard?
Speaker 3: Die hard?
Speaker 7: Cdj uh oh like Steve jobs Oh?
Speaker 3: Would you just give a middle name? No, just Stevie j Oh. I think I said CBJ. I don't know you thought you meant Steve was. I thought that was like was? I know an under the original logo the Beautiful Black Anyway, I'm currently my current obsession of the ecosystem is an is a home pod Mini in every room, bathroom. I want one in a living room. I want ystem.
Speaker 7: There's a great film. It's sorry for everyone else listening, but I'm just talking about right now. There's a great film called Pirates of the Silicon Valley and it was it was made for TV movie in like ninet ninety seven.
Speaker 3: I love those things.
Speaker 7: It's brilliant and I think it's available on Amazon, but you. It has the story of both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and how their story is intertwined. And it's far better than all the like Steve Jobs biopics, they were all shocking, terrible, but this one, and it doesn't shy away from painting him as it does an excellent storytelling of like how things came to be.
Speaker 3: Wow, So Mitch has passed away.
Speaker 4: Now I'm actually just looking at but it's on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, because I think I tried to rewatch it and it's it's excellent. So it really summarizes the history of and also, I think people take this for granted. Everyone has a fucking smartphone, right, All of this comes from this error, Like everything that we take for granted in terms of the computer that you tip on at work, the phone that you make your phone calls on, all came from this.
Speaker 3: They invented the touch screen. The touch screen was on the concept the multi touch.
Speaker 4: Yes, actually yes, what's the difference between a touch screen and a multi.
Speaker 7: Multi touch can handle multiple inputs at once.
Speaker 3: So you're multi touch, Mitch. We're all multi But in a couple of years ago, a couple of years ago, you were just touched but now you can handle multi touch.
Speaker 7: Look, I don't want to go down it.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're going USBC. Let's leave it a we are question. We are We've seen the rent Yeah, we've all seen them. Do you follow the Apple Hub?
Speaker 7: I check nine to five MAC, I love nine.
Speaker 3: To five mag Detroit Borg on you Tube.
Speaker 7: Detroit Rumors probably about three times a day.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're the same person. You just have a far lower BMI. We'll save it for the director of course, of course.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Things.
Speaker 5: You've just spent a bit of time talking about stuff that other people might not give a fuck about.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do the same with you. This might not apply to anyone.
Speaker 5: Okay, people might give a fuck, But I have a question for you always at the time of record, I'm flying to Darwin tomorrow.
Speaker 4: What I part?
Speaker 7: Okay? God, Okay. For context, I lived in Darwin in twenty twenty during the first lockdown text Queen, thanks for context, Queen Paradise. And then I also just recently went on holidays there for five days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know that you lived there. I saw the holidays.
Speaker 3: Why did you live there?
Speaker 7: I actually got trapped there.
Speaker 3: Guys live there. I'm sorry for Stan is he here?
Speaker 7: Great question. So my best friend Sam lived up in Darwin, and at the start of COVID, when we all got sent home to work from home, I was like, everyone's waking from home, Like I'll just come up to Darlwen and work from Darwin for two weeks thinking and I was a bit of a COVID denier, thinking that COVID was going to last two weeks, right, And I was like I'm coming too. Down for two weeks weks ago and then the whole country went to fucking lost down and then got stuck. But like like poor me, like living in fucking paradise. It was amazing, best year of my life, like one best is my life?
Speaker 4: Wow, I haven't packed yet. So is it just daddy to fucking bother with long pans?
Speaker 7: Don't fucking bother? No, no, no, it's it's crisp. It's probably twenty seven to thirty two every single day, not a cloud in the sky, dry heat, so it's not human so like you havee No, it's at the moment it's dry season, so it's beautiful if you how much time are you going to be there?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 4: Only a couple of days? Okay, But then I'm going to Ularo after that.
Speaker 7: Oh, which is sensational and absolutely absolutely get up for sunrise. Do not miss sunrise the.
Speaker 3: Whole She's retiring, so that's a really good point.
Speaker 7: You gonna be there for that.
Speaker 4: I wake up with sunrise.
Speaker 7: Sorry, yeah, ye, sorry. I'll absolutely send your list. But there's a couple of things if you're only in do On for a short amount of time. Got a lich Field which is a national park. It's probably about an hour and a half outside of time.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Tim, I've got chocolate Sultana's. I'm salivating. Can we eat one quickly and then.
Speaker 5: Get It's a gift from us to you.
Speaker 7: Yes, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: You know what the best thing about this.
Speaker 7: It's who are you going with?
Speaker 4: Seawan's family?
Speaker 5: I have They've got a wedding on amazing and it's a wedding where shorts are encouraged. I'm gonna fucking do that for my wedding if I'm married in Antarctica. It's the shorts encouraged kind of wedding.
Speaker 4: That is just music to my fun.
Speaker 7: You know where they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Mak I'm very much going with the flow. I don't even know what my flight is tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Are they good?
Speaker 7: I'm sorry? Back to the Sultan, I just will say, and then I'll go back to die on tips.
Speaker 3: You don't have to.
Speaker 7: You can keep drugs. You can keep Dick. This is heaven.
Speaker 5: I'm all for this chocolate to Sultana ratio. There's like this ant size sultana in the middle and a fuck load of chocolate.
Speaker 4: This is good.
Speaker 7: If the listeners have never had them pick them up in your next wooly shopping cart. Oh my god, wow, this is These are quite goods.
Speaker 3: Take them off, man, Okay, well usual you can talk about dar and off the cloud. We should go. It's been very long.
Speaker 4: We're better.
Speaker 5: I hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tim, what's pleasure?
Speaker 7: The pleasure was mine? I was pleasure?
Speaker 3: Well now I was when your dacks were off.
Speaker 7: No, the ducks won't af sorry, just the trousers.
Speaker 3: Oh they were off.
Speaker 7: Don't put those thoughts in there.
Speaker 3: I was imagining them off. So that's where I'm getting going on. Leave us a review if you like five stars, please and we'll see you guys in a week. Have fun at dary On Mitchell Thank you.
Speaker 5: What did we make Today's question on Spotify for the comments below.
Speaker 3: Just that question right.
Speaker 7: Chocolate covered Sultan is hit like hit on.
Speaker 4: We can bring that back.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna eat this whole bag. I've got to stop. They're amazing to him as a you worthless twink on Instagram. We'll see you soon. Thanks guys, wait for the podcast.
Speaker 7: See that.
Speaker 4: I love your darling, Bye bye?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.