Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey friends, Christian, here two reasons for leaving this message for you. Apologies about no podcasts this week. I've actually been laid low with some a lurgi. Melbourne at the moment has about seventeen one hundred different flues and bug variants for people to choose from which one they want to have. So I've had some alurgi, although I suspect has actually rivals have tried to poison me. But like the movies that are based loosely on my life, John Wick, you can't kill me and I will be back next week. However, here's a collection of bits that they put out this week, some of our favorite bits on the shows from the last few weeks and months. In case you are missing the show me Jack and Pats. Pats. He's also been off with COVID. Should be back Monday. So we're all back very very soon and next week as we go into the second week of September. Here in Australia is an amazing thing they do every year called are You Okay Day? And this is a national day where people are encouraged to check in and open a conversation, start a conversation with family and friends, people at work, just to check in. If there's so many things might be having a tough time. This is a lovely idea and what I'd love to do next week on the show is I think the stories that help us the most are the stories where people share where they were in a tough time and then what they did and how they got themselves out of that, how they moved forward. I've learned this myself, and I shared my stories about my panic attacks and anxiety that had a couple of years ago, and just how many emails I get still every day year after the book came out, and how it's touched so many of you. But the lovely thing for me is what it's done is you've then shared your stories of recovering from a tough time, what you did to get unstuck. So it's an invitation to wherever you listen to the show, wherever you are in the world, if you were in a tough time and now are you're somewhere else, what did you do what helped our stories of being in a tough time and then getting through it, however we did do it. There is a there's a lesson often in them, and that's the incredible thing that when you share those stories, it's like the lesson gets shared as well. Don't let your stories of you getting through a tough time stay inside you. I'd encourage you and invite you to share your stories. They would help so many people, and I also think, most importantly they'd also help you. So please drop me a line. As always, the email addressed Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. I'll be back very soon. I hope you're well wherever you are, and thanks for asking. Where we've been.
Speaker 1: Well Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's just another miss heard man Nay Christian O'Connell's miss herd lyrics. Thank you very much. SPS going if you want to email them in Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. This is how it works. Then you send in your misheard lyrics as we play them back if we hear what you're mishearing, if not, and for the great ones, we stick you in the Hall of Fame Hall of Fame inductees to the Hall of Fame Metallica and to Sam Man Dreams of War dreams of lies, dreams of dragons, fire and things that will bite the.
Speaker 4: Dragons?
Speaker 3: Or is it dreams of war, dreams of lies, dreams of dragons, fire and a baked apple pie.
Speaker 5: Dagon.
Speaker 3: It's even better, I think in a two week absent and this one instead of use your heart as a weapon. And it hurts like heaven, it hurts like Kevin Coldplay, hurts like Kevin Hall. All right, let's see what we've got. Who remembers leaving home by Jebbidiah? Yeah, Uh, leaving home? This one comes in from Chummin Farley instead of leaving home? Is it leaving home? Or is it ley bang Ho?
Speaker 6: What is le bang Ho?
Speaker 3: I've got no idea. I thought that was the next line about that a missheard lyric? Sorry, yeah, the exostedly named Shu Rick Bring Me to Life by Evan Essence. That song was everywhere. Uh, don't let me die here? There must be something wrong? Or is it don't let me die here amongst the salad rolls? Rick? That's a great. It's just kind of whispered, isn't there don't let me tie here amongst a salad role?
Speaker 7: There is.
Speaker 3: Yes, Rick, Come on in Hall of favor. Wendy Hately listens to a show on the iHeart app in camera. Thank you very much. Wendy has this from Cliff Richard. Wow, Cliff Richard wired for sound power from the needle to the plastic one of the worst lyrics ever, by the way, wider sound power from the needle to the plastic or is it cowabunger needle to the plastic? You know, getting the frequency from here to camera? Lost something, Sorry, Wendy, I so wanted it to be cow bunger Christian. This one is a wimmer Sorry Winner. Do you remember Whamdo project and the banger King of my Asshle? Who can forget? Must see the reason why I'm free? And marsh Wressle must be the reason why I'm free my trap soul? Or is it must be the reason why I'm free? To mud Wrestle must see.
Speaker 6: The reason why I'm free?
Speaker 3: And Mrs Wresle almost almost, But you can't be just close beck Elton, John Yellow Brick Road. You can't plant me in your penthouse? Or is it your cat flap me and your pen pals?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All three the Trifectors Hall of Fame. Your cat flap Me and your pen pals. All right? Two final ones Angel more than a feeling Boston when I'm tired and thinking cold? Or is it when I'm tired of drinking coke Crystal Clear, Adriam Tinless, Hall of Favor? Warn everyone strong, comeback and his last one today nine inch nails closer. My whole existence is flawed? Or is it? My whole existence is flan.
Speaker 1: Sinless?
Speaker 3: Hall of Favor? All right? Well, earn everyone's if you have misser lyrics. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Carl, you're listening to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm now at that status and embarrassing dad. Where are you with routine for getting out for your daily exercise?
Speaker 6: Just came back.
Speaker 9: I think the nice weather has got me back into it because it's sunny outside. It's easier to get outside and you have to walk hardy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I make sure that we pop.
Speaker 3: I keep sending them. You're just like puppies. You need exercise. Start chewing the furniture. Yesterday, I took the seventeen year hours out ruby right, and it's more or less become a thing. Now we're on a streak. As the kids call it, where it's like eleven days on the road. Now we go for a five minute drive and then we go for a walk FLF. Now it is actually I look forward to it, right she I don't know how she looks forward to it. She all sits in silence. I think, as long as they're in the car, that's all I care about. However, yesterday sad scenes we rock up there and she goes, oh god, we're gonna have to walk separately. There's girls there from my school. Come on, they're not gonna they're gonna think it's like really sweet that you need dad to going out for a walter together. And she sort of shot me the side of light. You know that ain't true. I had to. So she left the car right and texted me long five minutes later for I could get out and walk after her. Look like we're in a slow pursuit chaser.
Speaker 6: So they're not even in eyesight anymore.
Speaker 3: No, we had to then I and then I rang her. We're past them. Now. They haven't got viewing equipment like a telescope, s all binoculars. Is it okay for me to jog up to you? She went, do it? Slowly look back over his shoulder. Check they haven't seen you.
Speaker 6: Make sure you're not being tailed.
Speaker 3: I said, what will? Actually, I believe if they do see that. He goes, Oh, they just put stuff on Instagram or Snapchat that might take a photo.
Speaker 1: Really love the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: No business like show business to move to play made by the car So I have a David Beckham's Sootman and he said.
Speaker 8: Now, Shane Crawford kissed me on the Jacob.
Speaker 1: I was delivering from quality chicken bread. I made it to Lady Gaga and I was freeded by two security guys who.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't let me give her a Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to face.
Speaker 3: All right, the next twenty minutes, does it take your stories, your claim to fame, your week claim to fame? Remember never called away show before. This is for you. No, there is no story that is too week for this one weeker like really, oh, I don't think I've told anyone this because it's so it's such a non story. We celebrate that. This is dedicated to that. Nine four one four one four three. All right, let's go to lines. We've got Scott waiting for us. Good morning Scott, Good morning Christian. Off you go.
Speaker 8: My weekst claim to fame is that about twenty years ago Shane Warn bummed a light off me.
Speaker 3: That's quite a story. I want more detail on this. Where were you Was it morning? Was it nighttime?
Speaker 8: Okay? So we were at a function in Brisbane at the Sheraton Hotel. Of course, I do believe it was a cricket function. I was the photographer for the event and I was just outside the venue, just outside the doors there, and Shane Warn came through the doors and it looked like he bummed a cigarette of somebody else.
Speaker 3: And that's how we only ever smoke, because no one's going to go. No, I've only got one left. Oh wow.
Speaker 8: But he came up to us and he just said, oh it's anyone got a light And I am in my camera bag. It so happens that I had a lighter and I said, here you go, there's a light, and it flicked the lighter and off he went.
Speaker 3: With you face was all illuminated by the light. It's an amazing story. Genuinely, I love this one, Scott. That's a really funny one. Thanks you cool.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks Christian.
Speaker 3: Tony, Hi Christian.
Speaker 7: My week claim to fame is that I was doing some family research and my great grandmother's first cousin is the great great grandfather of David Beckham.
Speaker 3: This is like eighteen degrees of separation. And Tony, I mean fair play to you that you could even recount that. Are you looking at a large family tree at the moment? How do you even know that sort of say ah the tongue.
Speaker 7: So well, yeah, look, I actually had to break is the the linear did because I had to send it off to my cousins that still live in the UK because they're going to try some Cup Final tickets off of him.
Speaker 3: It is more likely to give you them, right if you just asked the tickets where they going your grandmother, you know, in an alleyway and bingo, Now some tickets I've been waiting for this day. Have a have a rolls Royce. Oh how did he find this out? Then? What did you one of those sort of family trees?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do, I do a bit of I'm like, I'm sort of the amateur family historian. And when when he first came to light, you know, back in the nineties, it was a bit of a family joke up, we've got Beckhams in our family tree and over lockdown. I got bored and I sort of went through as best as I could and actually found out yes we are, you know, very closely related, and we're going to get Cup final ticket.
Speaker 3: It's like like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow tic tickets. Now, are you sure? Beckham is quite a common surname in the UK and there are other David bet a lot of I got a feeling it's just a David Beckham. It might not necessarily be the form football player, meta star David Beckham. Are you sure it's that David Beckham?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we we are because we've because I went back on his on his side because obviously, being a very big public figure, he's got his his parents listed, and so I looked up and I found the birthdist records and stuff all the way back.
Speaker 3: How did you do all this? Then? Where is that all kept?
Speaker 7: It's all on it's all most of it's online. And then once I got back to sort of the early part of the last of the twentieth century, it's all on the Centus records. So we've got found the people I found his grandparents and whatever on the on the census as Beck in the early nineteen hundreds, and then traced it Beck and it came back.
Speaker 3: To the same we talk about doing this. Have you guys ever thought about doing its? Getting your family history so much work, though no know I was getting Tony to do it.
Speaker 6: Tony, can you come.
Speaker 3: And do us? I'm pretty I'm pretty certain. I just always felt that instinctively unrelated to something to Elvis Presley. If you could go back through your records and try and find out, that's all I want to know. I don't want to care about the other relatives. Am I connected to the king?
Speaker 9: This sounds like Donald Trump trying to find those eleven thousand votes in Georgia.
Speaker 3: How do you do it?
Speaker 6: We just said, eleven thousand Georgia.
Speaker 3: A connection to Elvis Presley? Tony, Tony, great, great call. Thank you very much for calling in.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you bye.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Looking for your weakest claim to fames?
Speaker 4: Mark Morning, Christian. My weakest claim to fame was that I was the first person to walk off the Weakest Link TV show.
Speaker 3: When did this happen? Mark?
Speaker 4: Back in the nineties, was hosted by Cornelia Francis, so obviously as contests since would be eliminated, Cornelia would pronounce you the weakest blink, and everyone basically used to do their own little version of walking down the Walk of shame. And yeah, I was the first person to moonwalk off.
Speaker 3: When did the inspiration come to do a moon walk? Was it in the moment or had you thought when I leave, I'm moonwalking out there?
Speaker 4: No? What had happened was I was invited to the show once before as a standby contestant in case one of the other contestants that was scheduled for that show didn't turn up. And so whilst watching the filming of the show, I was sitting in the green room with the producer of the show, who was Jennifer Kaitite's brother, and we were discussing the show and the contests and so on, and he asked that what I would do if I got on the show, and I said, well, at this stage, I haven't really thought about No.
Speaker 3: We're not there yet, story haven't got la punchline.
Speaker 6: This is some director.
Speaker 3: Tarantino.
Speaker 4: He basically suggests that I do the moonwalk, and no one had done that. Yeah, So I went back to the next week, next week for me, and sure enough got illiminated very quickly. And Mark, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Cool, take care, have a good day, sir.
Speaker 4: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 3: Get that was a little bit more of that story about the weather that snacks the room. Let me take you back to my genie CHRISTI, my origin story. JP. Good morning, Hi.
Speaker 10: Question, So my weakest claim to fame is that I thought I met Boris Becker, but it actually turned out to be Wayne.
Speaker 3: Ferira, Roger Roger Federer.
Speaker 10: So we were at the Woman in Tennis round about twenty ten and I took some fighters with Boris Becker, and obviously the Prims was playing. I went time and put all over Facebook saying I've met Boris Becker, and all my friends commented that actually Wayne Ferreira.
Speaker 3: Ferreira right, Okay, Wow, what a claim to fame. JP, thank you very much, and col am I now Darren, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Yes, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Darren, welcome to the show. What's your weakest claim to fame for us?
Speaker 5: Mate, I was at the theater on Friday night seeing Come from Away, and I was sitting next to a chat chatting away and he actually walks his dog in the same park as Anthony Kudafidis.
Speaker 3: How did this come on? Who walks his I mean, how did this topic of conversation come up with a stranger you just met at the theater?
Speaker 5: Obviously too? Was he bokes checking away? We end up talking football?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 4: I'm a count and supporter.
Speaker 5: And one thing led to another and he's gone.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, you would have loved it yesterday down because Cooter was was there. He didn't he didn't get to play, but he was still there. And what a lovely guy as well.
Speaker 5: Still exact, yeah, exactly what the guy said. He said, Look, he's in great shape, and he's such a wonderful check wonderful.
Speaker 3: And you know where he walks his dogs now as well. All right, Darren, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You cool, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Not going on those calls, they're a lot going on.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm obsessed with Nicholas Cage. Yeah. I actually there are a couple of celebrities that I have Google lurs from, so anytime they there's there's a Springsteen's won them, Billy Connley, there's about ten various people that I need to keep tabs.
Speaker 6: Anytime there's a news article, go straight to me.
Speaker 3: I know about Nick Cage. I got ping this morning, Nick Cage news. I'm on it. I'm breaking Nick Cage news. Just got married. This is only a Nick Cage move for the fifth time. I've never met anyone. Have you ever met anyone who's been married. I've met someone who's been married three times, right, but five times? That feels like a different kind of light. Who is he getting married to? Where they go? So? Is this the first time? Let's not get into that. Let's just say it's not my first time at this rodeo, but I don't want to does not put a number on it on love?
Speaker 9: Wasn't the last one one of the fastest divorces of all time? Isn't getting married and then divorced within twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: Someone didn't think maybe marriage isn't for me. Maybe after the third a divorce you think maybe just not do this? Then does it again? That ends super quick? Let's find out how quickly was that divorce? And now he's just got made for the fifth time. I'd love to speak to some By the end of how many marriages have any of our listeners normal people actually been through. I've met a guy once who had been married three times. But get this, it was still the same woman he twice and was married to like old Matthew McConaughey's old man. I think they did that two or three times. But let's speak to someone. Let's see if we can speak to anyone. Start just aim for three to begin with. Will we speak to anyone who's actually been married five times? Or is that only Nick Cage Carl Brner.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 3: What do we find O about his fourth marriage?
Speaker 9: It was a four day marriage, so I said twenty four hours, but it's four times.
Speaker 3: The four days. Have they just met like an hour beforehand or something? Who does that?
Speaker 9: Is it even a divorce or is there a calling off period like when you buy a car you get three days.
Speaker 3: Thirty one days or something like that. So it's just got maud for the fifth time, and there'd be more. I don't reckon this is his final guy. He just loves getting married, that guy, doesn't he does this only happen in SHOWBIS with the crazy people like that? Or can we speak to someone who has actually been married five times? Caine, So is it you or your dad? How many times have you been married?
Speaker 5: Five?
Speaker 3: Five? So take us through the US. I mean, what un did he have like a period where he racked up a couple where like he had a golden bill of three years where he got through three different divorces. How did it work out?
Speaker 4: I'd say between the thirties and forty he's.
Speaker 10: Probably got the most of them knocked out of the way. And then and the last one ended, oh maybe a year ago.
Speaker 3: It was just as well obviously you're a bit older now. Otherwise it'd be like you go, you've got a different mo other week, and this is your Mom of the week for this week, or just Mum of the month. This is miss October tough now for on Mother's Day? For you you got by? You know all those different.
Speaker 10: Cards sent me broke every.
Speaker 3: Year, five different cards, five bunches of flowers?
Speaker 6: Kane? Is he single again? Did you say?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's our next big competition? One last marriage? Good on you, Kane, Thanks call him worried one and you justin so canstad married five times? Can you raise that? What are you holding? May about ten? About ten. That's just a customer. It's around that. What do you mean you're coming married ten times?
Speaker 10: Well, basically my shortest marriage has been about a month and my life.
Speaker 5: Has been about the year, just about four years, ten ten times?
Speaker 3: You what what's going on justin ten times?
Speaker 4: I do not know?
Speaker 3: And I guess that clearly allies. The lesson has not been that's a sort of movie, you know, where the ground up day where they don't take in any new learnings.
Speaker 8: Basically lunatics in my life.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and you know or they wanted Yeah, I mean guys, you married ten times, they're the lunatics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Justine the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: There's a little milk bar around the corner from here. And I had this amazing BLT sub roller yesterday that was so great, right, I don't know why it was so great, but I took it to my car and I sat and thought, I'm starving and going to eat this now, then start the car and drive home. I ate it all right, and it was so good. They must think I was mad. And there it was so great. Thought, so they can still see you from the wind. I don't know, I thought you know what, I'm gonna have to go and thank the guy that made this. This is so great. I go back in there. The guy goes because they're no meally, because I mean a lot of everything, right, I went, this isn't the first time I've done this, Right, this isn't the first time I've done this either. The kids are all jo please don't go and thank the chef. There's nothing to do with you. Someone should know if they've made something great, you know.
Speaker 6: A thing to do.
Speaker 3: It's not manners. So anyway, I go beat the in there and I go, who made that? I think the guy thought I was taking the mickey. I go, it was so great. He goes, good on, yeah, I went, no, no, I.
Speaker 6: Have to meet the man.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those open kitchens, right, and they got those people that just worked really hard. I don't really speak, and he goes and they're all sort of looking at me. They're going, what you is he? All? Right? What is he wants? Because it's mainly there's a problem. No one does that. So the guy he comes out with, This guy just looks really baffled. And now I'm really like, oh god, what people in there is busy, right, it's a lunch time. Everyone is looking around, they've all overheard it. It's so buck clenchingly awful. I think, I can't you know when you can't back out. But I've lost all confidence. I'm starting to get like dry mouthed, you know. And he goes and I go, just say blt. It was a really good one. It's one of this. That was it. And I go and I don't know how to exit. I go, so great stuff, thank you very much. I have another one one day and they were both stood there. I went to see her walked out there, and you know, when you know, everyone's staring at you, thinking, what just happened there? What is going on with that guy? What a mess of a man done himself?
Speaker 6: An awful disservice to there? You can't go back there if you're embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Ye like it Today Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time Now the Christian O'Connell show for today's time was stuff today, my friends, it is thank a build a day.
Speaker 6: Thank you builders.
Speaker 3: You're a sort of building yourself. You did the renovation to your lovely home.
Speaker 9: That is very generous. I picked up a few tools, but then quickly.
Speaker 3: On courses to learn how to stuff. You actually know quite a lot.
Speaker 6: But then to finish it off, we've got a ring carpenter.
Speaker 9: So hello to Clint Toss and thank you to Clint, my carpenter who worked at our house.
Speaker 3: All right, I don't know ez we're going to go with. There's some credits.
Speaker 6: Now you guys can do some thank you, thank you build a day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're quite right. Yes, when I was doing some research about Melbourne from my book, right, I found this out. Now I don't know if this is actually true, but what a story. Did you guys know about the Flinders Street Station mix up? Do you know about this and the station and Mumbai? Yes, there should have been the one here. Yes, Back in eighteen ninety nine, the same firm building Flinders Street Station was also building another major station in Mumbai, India. Rumour has it that on the boat trip across, the plans were mistakenly switched. The result was a looming Gothic building right in the middle of Mumbai, which is really out of character with the surrounding architecture and a vaguely East Indian to Spine design on the streets of Melbourne flint the street station, the one in Mumbai is actually now called Victoria's Station because and it does not fit in with the rest of Have you two ever heard about that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have heard that. We is it a myth or is it true?
Speaker 11: It feels huge true, yes, but it just sounds too quite cute that the plans got mixed up on a boat and ah, we got the wrong one Tom Hanks movie and in Still Meet, All right, build a movie today. It's a time waste to build a Movie's how Stella got her tongue.
Speaker 3: And groove back?
Speaker 6: Gold?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Throw Mama from the crane, violent silver, the man with the golden bum. They love getting their little backsides out, don't.
Speaker 6: They trade silver?
Speaker 3: Bluff snow white? In the Seven Trades. They're working on her house. Bronze, they're working on her house. What have you done? Taken it a horrible way? They're working on her house. I didn't love it. He's just not that into unions.
Speaker 6: Gold.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Daniel d Lewis. What a great actor. Oh what's he in a trading movie? That's right? My square foot stood at my left foot, my square foot, Bronze and uh, finishing strong, finishing, strong, Austin power, drill, silver basic. He's just not into unions, thank you.
Speaker 9: Ah right, building movies, you say, men who stare at quotes.
Speaker 3: Oh that's very good. Gold Puss on the money.
Speaker 6: The talented mister Ripsaw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give you gold for that's actually gold puss.
Speaker 6: The postman always measures twice.
Speaker 3: Measure once.
Speaker 6: Very good gold and my fair trade.
Speaker 3: That's great. A gold four golds today, dude, where's my crane straight in with it? Yeah? Civil plus cement things I hate about you gold, that's very good.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 3: I's Stephen, four plumbers and a chippy Bronze, Edward scissarlift gold I was thinking about. I was trying to get Kennard's in there as well. The scenter of a trading Civil plus and candies romancing, the Stonemason silver, no country for old measurements silver, how to train your drill Bronze. Ten things I hate about Porterloo gold, Dude, where's my carpenter gold plumber plumber Gold weekend at Bernie's for mates rates, Bronze Trade's in the hood, Bronze hammered and sixty seconds bronze hammadrill driving, Miss Daisy, did.
Speaker 6: You certainly get the bin pile.
Speaker 3: What they've got today, cataplanca, a plank of wood. Silver, you've got nails gold. That's good at last word and Amanda kung Fu Sander gold, that's genius. Libby, well done, you saved it today. Grount expectations silver. Let's send it there. Kung Fu Sander is the winner. Yeah, it's easy to pick the winners that you stand out by quite a bit, Libby.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast