Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Coudnel Show podcast. Christian ocuddles one word phone in, can we make this a new thing on the show? Then the one word phone in nothing more than one word doors worked.
Speaker 2: Let's try this morning windows.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My team has always here to support me in our mission every morning.
Speaker 2: I've given me a handy list just to nudge your mind because you're going windows. There's no door that's solid candle.
Speaker 4: Because it does open like a door, but it's got anything.
Speaker 2: Counts you can use you with. Maybe these words might nudge you into a story about a window.
Speaker 1: Awnings fivefold, Faye ar Skylight and then the last company, they just start randomly listing rooms in the house, kitchen, bedroom, loud alright, nine four one four one oh four three windows?
Speaker 2: What have you got, jackie boy? Windows?
Speaker 4: I've got one I can add to out the car window. Because actually I forgot to tell you this. On our recent holiday two week break, Biank and I had to hire a generator from Kennard's. We didn't realize how big these things were. What do you want to would you know we went to this off.
Speaker 1: Not to power the toys because you went off gridd.
Speaker 4: What's what's the toy something for the for the off grid property, And we borrowed Mum and Dad's car to fit in the back. And the guy even had to take the handle off at Kennard's off the toy to get close the boot to fit it all in because it was so big it just fit in. Then I'm feeling already sheepish around the guys at Kennard's because he's done all the heavy lifting, and there's all the machinery around and the plant higher equipment. So I want to get out of there as quickly as space to be. I find that it quite intimidated by what I call supermandy man. They've just got like carnasses on their hands and like carrying stuff and doing real work. The best you can do is wait for them to do something that's a good idea and go, yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: You're on the bench while they're playing.
Speaker 4: Basically, I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I drive out on the bridge road, out of the driveway of Kennards and a gunshot essentially goes off the back window smashes the generator has rolled backwards through the windows at the edge of it gone through the back window. So this glass everywhere?
Speaker 2: Did they hear that? Did the guys at their canyards?
Speaker 4: They come out with to see what happened?
Speaker 2: Drive off? I wanted to shame, the shame, the shame. You just want the ground to swallow you up, don't you. They help me clean up the.
Speaker 4: At the expense of on a Saturday getting somebody to come out and replace your rear window.
Speaker 2: All right, so windows, what have you got for us? Don't forget windows? You say?
Speaker 1: Mornings and of course by fold bay art, skylight, kitchen, bedroom, lounge, Christian Connell's show podcasts bought in Christian.
Speaker 3: Here you're going, I'm.
Speaker 1: Good, justin and hope you're you're going well as well, justining.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: My one word windows store involves Stephen Segal.
Speaker 4: When we were younger, my cousin and myself used to think, try and fight like Stephen Segal from the Under Siege movies.
Speaker 2: Great movies, Hard to Kill, Half for Death, Out for Justice, Nico.
Speaker 1: And then one day he got a little bit too and he picked me up and pushing me through the front window.
Speaker 3: Through windows.
Speaker 5: He went full, he went full to go fulls.
Speaker 6: Of giral, so you always take me covered by at least the food is a bit bigger than me.
Speaker 4: And yeah, straight through the front window, which is the floor to ceiling windows.
Speaker 2: Step did you take your dog for what?
Speaker 1: And you see a younger brother held through a window at eleven am.
Speaker 5: Safe to say, I wasn't worried about being injured.
Speaker 3: The first thing I thought of was, oh.
Speaker 6: My god, my dad is going to kill me.
Speaker 2: Y you.
Speaker 6: Safe to say, you're my insteed.
Speaker 2: Okay, justin thank you very much to go, no worries.
Speaker 1: Uh, Brian, good morning, Hey doing, I'm good Brian.
Speaker 2: What's your story for us?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I broke up a sliding glass window with a frozen potato. Okay, Okay, when I was eight years old, my sisters and I were playing because we're bored during summer break, and we're playing with an evidence potato my dad wrapped in aluminum foil and we're playing hot potato.
Speaker 1: But Brian, an evidence potato Tyler Today's show right there?
Speaker 2: What is it? Why did he have evidence of a potato?
Speaker 7: Okay, somebody had used a potato to put over end of a gas pipe. So when leak, so when the fire took off. The potato fell down, but there was used as evidence, so my dad kept it frozen in a aluminum foil in the freezer. He said, don't touch it.
Speaker 2: But I think police institutions how things called. Ever, it's lockers.
Speaker 1: You know that they're not solving major crimes with detectors using their freezers at home. And you need to take the seven hands, put it with the piece and some frozen yogurt in the ice, go down to any detectives. Rich sometimes there's bodies in there. All right, sorry, carry on, it's got the old potato.
Speaker 2: The evidence. Potatoes in the freezer of all established why.
Speaker 7: Okay, My sisters and I were playing with it and we were playing hot potato and I tossed it a little bit too hard. My sister missed it, and it hit a plate glass window which is on the sliding door. It broke, and my parents didn't figure it out until two years later, and we said, we all got broken. We just played it down. We just wow, don't act like it didn't even happen.
Speaker 2: And then your dad put it in the freezer as the evidence.
Speaker 4: About the window.
Speaker 1: Eventually, once I wrapped up this this potato case. Oh, Brian We're going to send you a little stein for that story next day. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's our one word phone in.
Speaker 1: After the success two days ago, I was simply doors the phone in. We now moved on to windows nine four one four one o four three. And if you can't call it the moment, you can still email us always a late party. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Carol, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Welcome to the show, Carol.
Speaker 5: My the glass guys didn't believe us when we told them, but my husband put his fist through the wind. We'll smashed a windscreen. We're by swatting a fly.
Speaker 2: That's some swat with a fist, it's a fly.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We were driving down we were driving down the road and we had a windows just open a little bit and this big blowfly came in and he was buzzing around. So my husband pulled over and he just closed his first and we go, oh hey, baker, yeah, and well it wasn't even that bad, but it just totally shattered. And then to make it worse, the flight got away.
Speaker 1: Of course they always get away, and it would have been laughing its head off.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was like disbelief. But yeah it was an expensive, expensive episode.
Speaker 2: But anyhow, all right, can thank you very much. You cool, you have a good day, thanks for calling the show. All right, fay By Andrew, Hello, how are you? I'm good Andrew? And and what's your story involving a window?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: We'll playing cricket in the backyard as youngsters. It was my dad and my brother and myself. I was bowling. My dad was helping my brother the back because he wasn't the best of sportspeople. But for some reason, we're using a cricket ball, and first ball I put down, my dad sort of managed to put his game skills to action and swung the ball straight through our landry window.
Speaker 1: Of course, I mean, how many people in Australia I've got a story about smash a window with backyard cricket.
Speaker 4: You got to use a tennis ball.
Speaker 1: The moment you said it was a proper I mean virtually a cannonball. Were those things I remember at sports school dreading when we had to play cricket because trying to catch one of those things on cold boardings and your stings stings my little hands. Corse the window is going to get broken. It's just a matter of time with backyard cricket. All right, Andrew, thank you very much your story buddy, Take care, pleasure, catch up, Bye Rob, Bobby Boy.
Speaker 6: Good morning team. How are you we go?
Speaker 2: We're waiting with boys a Rob Robert Cock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right. Forty years ago, driving back from a rembula, smashed windscreen not far into the trip, continued driving on, going into Victoria, the skies opened up, started bucking down and freezing. So I drove the reminder of the trip in a sleeping bag with a snorkeling mask on.
Speaker 4: Didn't you pull over?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I had to get back for work. Didn't want to replace the wind screen because it might had already got me a laminated screen. In those days, most of them were safety glass.
Speaker 3: Oh I remember those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you drove a car in a sleeping bank with a mask, with a snorkel.
Speaker 6: No, not with a snorkel, just with the mask.
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry, that would be done. That was an idiots as I say, a snorkel in the car just in case, just in case we need it. All right, glad we cleared that up.
Speaker 3: Rob.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much the story mate. Take care so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carl Brighter.
Speaker 2: Now you're listening to the Christian Carl Show podcast