Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts. Hear more Gold Podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Christian here, just want to let you know about my new book, Unscript, The Radical Act of Being Yourself is released finally this month July the twenty ninth, and I'm hosting an exclusive iHeart Live event before my book hits the shelves and I love you to join me and the team as we do a Q and A with you guys. Head to the Gold website dot com dot au for your chance to join me on Monday, the twenty seventh of July.
Speaker 2: A Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Very hard to do the show at the moment, I'll be honest. I've got the game on two screens for my right eye and left eye. I feel like I'm in an imax of tension right now. Second off has just kicked off England versus Argentina, a very very tense first half. My wife. England have won every game. Right when my wife isn't watching, I've begged her not to watch the game for the sake of the for the country, her club and country Sarah, do not watch, but I guarantee she will. In fact, let's have a sweepstake. At some moment during the next forty minutes, there'll be a text message. She'll ask my SBS on demand login. I keep saying, I've given it to you at eighteen times. Okay, I've given it to you eight don't bother me. During the second half, it's going to be tense. I'm doing the show and the match is going to be close, and it is very close at the moment. So the team did a lovely thing. We just watched the first half together. We had our own Maca's hydration break. We actually had a McDonald's breakfast at five am.
Speaker 3: Close game, So tense. How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 1: Tense?
Speaker 3: You look tense.
Speaker 1: It's any mistake is this and Argentina are cheating. It's the unofended. You guys saw it. They're kicking, belling them around, they are they're pulling shirts, They're elbowing in the head. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: They're pretty rough, aren't they?
Speaker 1: And also it's Messi's favorite referee said an interview how much he loved this ref and lamb hold have given him this ref what are the odds? What are the odds? And so Argentina set up very well, right, They've got a great team spirit, they've got the greatest player ever and the other big thing on their side is they hate England. Right, they put all that together. It's a big tough game going.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go and see The Odyssey this weekend.
Speaker 4: I've got my tickets to Imax go today. No, no, they were sold out for a month. I'm going August fifteen or something like that.
Speaker 1: Naively, yesterday went thinking thought I could book tickets for today. No real it's like five weeks away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 1: I found it so exciting that there's still such a demand for great movies. Yeah, and because Christopher Owner makes event movies and this one as well, the Oudissey. I've read so many reviews, yeah, say all saying it's incredible. Right, it lives up to the high It's an epic. But did you know this Melbourne is the only city in the Southern Hemisphere that's got it on seventy mel Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw that on their Instagram.
Speaker 1: So it's ultra high resolution. So if you're really into cinner and the look and feeling it with someone like an auteur like Christopher Nolan. Go and see it in Melbourne. I know, I know friends that live in Sydney that flight have flown here this weekend really just to go and watch it here. There's such movie nerds.
Speaker 3: Where are you sitting?
Speaker 4: Because if you're too close that I'm at, you're going to be breaking neck.
Speaker 1: You'll just see individual pixels. Yes, Patsy, I'm into beat. You've got a story like this as well. But no one in radio gets their full career without doing some interview and the audio just doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Oh constantly, Yeah, the constantly.
Speaker 1: Well I've got one story. I haven't got constant stories, but you know when you're doing a big interview. Yeah, So last week I'm doing all these interviews at moment, various podcasts for my new book. Right last week I did a lovely one with Dr Justin Coulson. You know, he's a family therapist and he's on our show in two weeks time. He's written a book as well about boys as a best seller at the moment. Anyway, we had this lovely chat. At the beginning of it, we were like just catching up for ten twenty minutes now because he's a lovely guy and he used to work in breakfast radio. And I said, do you want me to record my end? Which I normally always do because things go side, And also he was mumbling a lot about oh, I don't normally use this computer to record stuff. You know already you go, and he was like he was just getting a bit sweaty and mumbling, my wife's got the normal gear. So right, yes, okay, and I could just anyway learn Behold, we do this chap. Plus at the beginning, he goes, I loved your book. And because the spirit of it's about unscripted, normally I have questions. I'm prepped, I'm toning up all the questions. Let's just free form this. Let's have an unscripted conversation. I was not great. Two days later I get this bum crawly email. No, none of the unscripted chat recording. So this morning, at nine thirty, we've got to do it again. I got a horrible feeling he's roughly going to asked me the same unscripted questions.
Speaker 3: It's not really unt.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether you when you hear this episode, you're you're hear and go. Chris is slightly irritated, all right, that feeling of like Robbie Williams when he's done Angels too many times.
Speaker 3: Definitely, everyone though it does.
Speaker 1: I said, it happened to me. I remember my one is an epic one. It was with Ricky Gervais and he kindly we only meant town forty five minutes. It was his. It was at his office as well, so it's an interesting situation to be he ended up doing, we ended up doing in two hours. We went in to a really deep conversation. Ricky says that the end Ricky actually cried. John one bit of it. Ricky and he said, he's never cried during an interview. I think, oh my god, I'm going to win a Pulitzer for this. This is going to be incredible. I'm waiting for that. You know where I do what that's happening. I'm round the corner. I just like, I just want to pay that some of this. But I just thought that must that must it's only me I'm hearing at the moment. No, it's it's only it's only recorded me. And there's just a guy who sounds like he's two hundred feet away or you can or to be pick up? Is that cackle of Ricky's just about none of it? None of it has his microphone just didn't record.
Speaker 3: And if it was his mike, you could have maybe re recorded.
Speaker 1: Who cares about my best?
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 1: Who cares? And I'll say this about Ricky doesn't suffer false. No, it doesn't strike me like you if you see a stand up, it's a direct man. And he not too happy, he said. And also that thing I'm not I'm just disappointed because it was that was my favorite ever interview on TV or radio, and you screwed it up, he offered to pay. I think he'd watch too many detective TV shows, you know where there's someone goes, hang on a minute, I can just let me just zoom in on the audio pick up anything I said that is not real life in either records or it doesn't. It just hasn't recorded.
Speaker 3: So did you re record it?
Speaker 1: Or two years later?
Speaker 6: Well between us so when poor justin, even though I was like, come on, man, I said I'd record it.
Speaker 1: But here's what he kept saying. Now I've done breakfast radio. I know audio famous last words Patsy who is it for you? Were you doing a big one Bran Adams?
Speaker 5: No, no, I just look it was very boring.
Speaker 3: It was just the premier.
Speaker 1: Tell me who scored Gordon?
Speaker 7: No, I don't know who it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Gordon. Yes, yes he is, Yes, said Argentinian.
Speaker 5: Number ten.
Speaker 3: He looks about twelve, looks about twelve years of age.
Speaker 1: No, I think some of them. I think they've got children in the world. He's thirty nine. What have you seen a twelve.
Speaker 6: Year old that could also be mistaken for being thirty nine?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 3: Is that number ten?
Speaker 1: We should be next next time for the World Cup. We've got to do a show podcast because I think Patsy's got an original take. Yes, you must never get to know their names and scription and amazing that I knew Gordon scored just by the descript the pastest mount Ever, it looks like he's never seen the sun. One nail at England brilliant.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Fifteen minutes to go for England, trying to hang on to the one nail lead at the moment they're almost under siege in Atlanta by Argentina. If I'm finding it hard to concentrate, right, now we're in that the only World Cup final I've ever seen in my lifetime. England, the only World Cup final they went in. It was sixty years ago and they won it. Wow, sixty years or two. I wasn't even around then, so I don't know. Here's what I'm going to say. I won't be starting Breakfast show until seven am.
Speaker 3: I think that's totally fair. Yes, I think that's totally fair.
Speaker 1: If anyone wants to find me, I'll be out there watching with you guys. We will stay if England make it through. I've even got this ready. If you hear that during the next twenty minutes, you'll know that we are through to the World Cup Final. Right now, though, let's do a part two. Our magic mans. This is. This is from Harry Potter. It's the same magic. Yeah, no, it doesn't. It doesn't feel magical. It feels like it could be any movie you know. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, this feels like any movie.
Speaker 3: No, this there's only think this is.
Speaker 1: It's not the Jurassic Park, Locky, load up the Jurassic Park. When we played the other day, that's iconic dinosaurs in a theme park.
Speaker 3: This is iconic wizard in mystery.
Speaker 1: It's mystery. You know we should have done always stick to radio one on one, lucky, Why have you got a stab up? It's a kind of magic magic magic that says magic. All right. It's the time of the time, wastterday. We're looking for your magic bands. The best time we get you next twenty minutes. You get a best in Show medal yesterday, Lady Tada, snap dog one misdirection and the winner from Carl Mattalla. Pick a card, any cards, Metalla, picker card, any card? All right, magic bands, magical, Nothing at that sleeve, nothing at that sleeve, that's right, nothing at that sleepy wonder.
Speaker 3: Oh very good gold.
Speaker 1: Darryl Braith, Wait a minute, where's my watch gone? Darryl Braith, Wait a minute?
Speaker 3: It was where's my watch?
Speaker 1: Guard?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 1: A great magician you hear about the Irish singer magician that's right, known as Vanish Morrison Silver Wu Tang Clan are very gifted close up magicians. Yes, one Tang clan, One Tang clan. Daryl great way, where's my watch gone?
Speaker 3: Actually this part isn't very magic. It's not start the start.
Speaker 1: Is all right? I cut up the start a few. It's a kind of magic magic. Wow, this is a good tune. What have you got? Magic bands?
Speaker 3: Missy spelling it?
Speaker 1: So I thought it was a goal. Uh silver Billy potion, Billy potion, very good gold.
Speaker 3: Now you see her me, Now you don't see her?
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's good. Just see her.
Speaker 4: And also you kind of don't see it because of her hair fringes so long.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, way bronze for that. And so you're listening to talk about radio, young lady needs to get a hair cut anything. It's actually dangerous crossing the road like that. Got the lampshade on your head, madam, that's hard to go after the Is this a thought of talk about radio? When she's sad and it choked? Good morning ben Fordham.
Speaker 4: Queens of the Stone, Mage, Oh a mage, what's a maze? It's like a world of warcraftles No.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's enough. Now all right, what have you got? Where's the sad trombone?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast?
Speaker 3: This is how are you doing this?
Speaker 1: I'm struggling. I was just hoping we obviously want to go through one Love Me to a semi final. Also, so that he could just end and I could relax and be present with you all. Now it's just like it's heading stairs for time, and then I don't want to think about a penalty shoe. I can't go through another penalty shoe out with England. I can't, can't. The viver shifted, it's turned shift the dark. Plus I was suddenly going over. I blame myself. I played ten seconds of wonder Wall. I was premature.
Speaker 3: It'll make it all the sweeter when we get to.
Speaker 1: Thank you team. I'm going to need your help to get through the next forty odd minutes. There's probably going to go to extra time, agonized him. Magic weed, a magic spell, all right, magic bands and a time waster, turdaft punk silver, Alison Chain submerged in a tank of water. You don't get a lot of those tricks anymore, do you, Elvis Dumbledore? Excuse me, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know it's the one. Sorry, thank you for your text. But that's the worst.
Speaker 1: I said it because I was like, maybe it's an Australian thing or I don't understand it. But I'm actually going to honor you, sir with the Trent Sutherland have it back actually, and also after seven, we're going to do tombstone text. That's that's your tombstone, Elvis Dumbledore. It's a pretty good one, Trent, but link and you'll miss it. One ain't two Silver plus. That's one there, Bro, it's easy. Top hat Gold Angela, well done, the Who Deenie, the Who Dei goal, Tricky Minage Gold what I'm Matthew Nicki mirage.
Speaker 3: He's incredible, both.
Speaker 1: Of those Nicki minaje ones from one one guy Matthew, No, he does. Whenever we're doing an artist one he's always got Nickie missing Elliot. Oh, that is so subtle. That's very good, Lee. And now for my next cheap trick gold as well. Weld done born watch me make this nickelback disappear, if only does go, if only every less the new studio, I know, I know, keep the vibes up, I said, you know, and we did nothing. Our grandchildren would ask Scapman John Scapman gone, where's he gone? And Gladys too, wonder Rock, Silver, Hudini Gurus silver plus.
Speaker 9: Away some minute, where's he gone away? Some minute? Silver ed disappearing. That's very good goal, Sam, We're done, Shazam sure Adamnam boy, and where did he go? Alison Blaine's that's good right. Who is the winner today?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Matthew with not one but two nick ones. Well mate, it's still nil nil. It looks like it's going to be going into extra time and if it's still one, all penalties.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: This is a nightmare. I actually thought we were We were for half an hour it look like we were going to the World Cup final for the first time in sixty years, the first time in my life. I really thought, well, I'm going to be watching a England World Cup final next Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were making plans out there as to watch. What do we do for the Monday?
Speaker 1: Showed to worry about it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm so sorry, mate, It's heartbreaking. It's normally funny to watch England lose, but this is the saddest.
Speaker 3: Like I'm actually I.
Speaker 1: Feel so sorry for those players. That was a hell of a game though, credit very very close and congratulations to Argentina. What a great story for Messi as well. His last game for his country is going to be a World Cup final. It had been incredible game as well. Argentina taken on Spain, but poor England. The last thing I saw from England in the last few seconds was a gallon effort from the goalkeeper Pickford who ran up the pitch and struck it on the halfway line. It almost made it towards the goal. But no, they kept trying. But what I mean, very very tense, tense, hard, hard game for England as well. They never stopped trying. But Argentina just had too much. Yeah, they were relentless.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that second half. But you should be proud of that team. They were very brave.
Speaker 1: Next time, oh come home, it's in sport. They say, it's the hope that kills you. Yeah. The worst thing about today I had hope. I did you know what though, team, thank you very much for watching it with me. Hey, it was actually the team came in extra early this morning and we all had a McDonald's breakfast together. We watched the first half together on the big projector screen, and then we came in and start the show to start the second half, and then what do you get and englishman whose heart is broken? Thank you fifty percent of the chuckle sisters Tina who simply came in and handed me a cup of tea. Now we are the bright so other dial. I'm going to have my tea and I'll go back and we'll get stuck into today's show. Now we need to force vibes into me.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just had a text to my nineteen year old daughter Lois, who got up to watch the whole game. Good honor. My famous last words from me last night were, it'll be worth it. You're going to watch History England. They're going to go through to the World Cup final. She still history as her fault for taking anything I say.
Speaker 3: She should know.
Speaker 1: It's another lesson, kid. What does the old man know? She just messed me going. I feel so sad. I went, this is what it's like to be an England fan. You're still young enough. Pick a different country. Let's get your DNA tested.
Speaker 4: We might be some gat You said, you guys lose every time your wife Sarah watches.
Speaker 1: Do you know she's fast astaking. She's gonna wake up nice and happy. I'm in a WhatsApp group with three buddies of mine, all big England fans, and this is the last ten minutes of chap from my friend John, who is at the airport right now. W Tf happened? I went through airport security. By the time I came out, We're losing swearing word hell, Adam, WI should have schooled. This is such a black English way to see life. We should have schooled too early. We went down the hill from then he went wrong. My friend Leon, well, that was just ship John, Adam, did you have the fire on? England have always lost a goal? When I found Adam bits a fire on and we were begging him at this morning, do not put the fire in his own cold? He had the fire on?
Speaker 3: Adam, Adam, Adam.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I really need everyone's support today just to get me through this. Okay, guys, we're going to go straight into Vibes, Vibes, vibes, small thing, big Joy Struggling. I actually don't have anything. I've got a blank piece of paper. I tried, I've tried during that song to think of something, something. There must be some small thing big Jo.
Speaker 4: Remember when he scored that goal though that was trying to make it was just stop talking.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: There's now a band?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: During the rest of the show, I don't want to hear about the England game. Take it, thank you, take out the sports in his pants. Just focus now on the fine. Just talk about Monday's final, all right, Ria? What's the for you? Small thing big join mine?
Speaker 4: Is when a miracle happens and you get an empty seat on a plane, because because these days they jam all the fly you know, so hard to get a spare one.
Speaker 3: I had. I had a full row with me.
Speaker 4: Then there was a lady complaining, so I had all three seats taken. The lady in the middle was complaining that she ordered I don't even know how you do that a window.
Speaker 3: Seat, so she was kicking up us.
Speaker 1: You don't know how you do it. When you prebook a flight, you can pick your seat.
Speaker 3: Yes, but like I think she made she said.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I think she meant earlier in if I'm not going to get into it because it's boring, But.
Speaker 1: She was complained, now, really weird everyone, what is going on with?
Speaker 4: What's okay? Well, she didn't mean the check in. She meant when she first ordered the ticket through her travel agent. But I didn't want to get into that because that's boring.
Speaker 1: To move on with it, I said, I really need you to step up you'll now fall into.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. I'm on the ropes, man, I'm on the ropes. I'm trying this morning. I'm trying Patsy resurrect.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you, Big Joy.
Speaker 5: I got home from work yesterday and my mum, she's an avid preserver of fruits and maker of jam, and she just left this tiniest little bottle of jam that she'd made a batch of lemon and ginger jam. I'll bring something to the team tomorrow. She's made some for everyone and I just made my day. So for lunch I had toast with jam. Mum's fresh jam.
Speaker 3: Jam.
Speaker 1: I'm taking a vibe chet right now.
Speaker 6: And all you've given me is preserved fruits and some dull.
Speaker 1: Story about a lady and a sea. Question listeners. Actually, there's someone who's always dependable with an energy. It's producer Caitlin. I need you today. I'm here for you. Why no, you got another?
Speaker 3: Are the ads?
Speaker 11: But I'll always have a good one for you can always come to me. My small thing, Big Joy, actually happened to me this morning. I often lose my lip glosses, and this morning I put my jeans on and I was like, oh, what's in my bum.
Speaker 1: And it was there's a feature of another day. I'm starting to feel better though, and in my bum pocket.
Speaker 11: Wow, dang, you're right in the middle of winter two, which is really bad for the lips.
Speaker 3: They are dry.
Speaker 1: What a story? A story for the ages. The vibes are coming up. Thank you, Caitlin.
Speaker 2: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: No, I will not give into the darkness. The show must go on. Small thing, big joint. I have actually thought there was a small thing, big joint. I took my daughter shopping a day to get some food. Who's going back to UNI for a couple of days, and I needed to get a new water bottle. Now these days everyone have a giant mega bottle of water in case we're not near eighty liters of water and anytime during the day. Ten years ago, we were quite happy being dehydrated. The world ran for decades. Now we all that is huge, looking two or three liters?
Speaker 3: What do you need?
Speaker 1: This work? Massive? It's huge, right, it's about liters and a half. Anyway, I got this, huh do know? Our daughter done? She cleaned it out for me and filled out with water and gave it to me. That small act. And this this was four days ago. I haven't stop thinking about that. It's a smaller axe like that. They don't expect it from the younger the kids.
Speaker 3: No, that's actually very sweet.
Speaker 1: She was like, don't make such a big deal out about you. This is a big deal. This is a big deal. It means that your your awareness is now at nineteen extending from three inches in front of your own face. This is a big moment for us. You see there's another human here. You've looked up. My god, how long you been there? Nineteen years of your life.
Speaker 3: I wonder what they might need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian, small Thing, Big Joy. When it's bennight you get home, the bins have already been put out. Pure joy. Christian, small Thing, Big Joy. This is from Luisa in Sydney, big lego fan, trying to convert my five year old, getting her to build her own. She has finally built her first Lego thing, a castle, got a frozen castle, all by herself, following the instructions. So Brown, you should be that's a great moment, prodigy, baby, Christian small Thing, Big Joy. This guy every week always just texts STBJ. It just always confuses me. We're not yeah, I see the wrong thing nailing the double or nothing final around a pub trivia this week we went from mid table to a place on the podium. Well done, small thing, big Joy, Christian, listening to your show every morning on my way to work, Thank you so much. And then this guy, Christian, my small thing, big Joy, England losing.
Speaker 4: Hey, come on now, come on now, I've got your number, Keith on this post.
Speaker 1: Don't push me today center, small thing, big Joy, it's this, It's just Thursday. Guys, have a look on the system. I've labeled that guy up. Now you know we can give the text messages names. See what I've labeled that guy. Have a look something of the year.
Speaker 3: Sorry, slow, it's gone.
Speaker 2: Now forget Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Play positive music, Have positive thoughts.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful bloody day today.
Speaker 1: Positive experiences will flow to you naturally. So I'm just doing some good self talk at the moment. I put it on an England T shirt this morning. I just went to the toilet during the news and throw.
Speaker 4: It on the Oh, come on now, have positive thoughts, positive feelings.
Speaker 1: I am happy. I am happy.
Speaker 3: You can really hear it in your tone.
Speaker 1: I am, I am Christian. I want to perform a welfare check on one. Christian O'Connell following is lost this morning. Don't mention the elmar this morning, because I'm happy you feel and breathe. All right, let's two. We haven't done this in ages. Weakest claim to fame where it doesn't matter how weak your claim to fame is. We're here for it business like show business.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to fame.
Speaker 10: My weakest claim to fame was that I was the first person to walk off the weakest TV show.
Speaker 12: My weakest claim to fame was my husband let Madonna into her film storage tunist.
Speaker 8: I sold a truth brush to the lead singer of the band Friends.
Speaker 13: A romp in the same dead as day that at Brah definitely not in the same time, at the same bed many years later.
Speaker 1: And we got a brand new one this morning.
Speaker 14: Hey, Christian, it's Mike here. Mike claim the fame. That only happened yesterday when I'd gone over to make a cup of tea in the office, and as I came out, there was a tall bald man standing in the hallway. He said, Hey, do you know how to get out here? And I went I do and shook his hand and it was none other than Peter Garrett, and I told him how to exit the building.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's a proper behavior. Week. Yeah. One of the great so Australian music Peter go. But the biggest question is what was he doing in your workplace? What the oil's legend doing in your workplace? And desperate to get out? What was he doing there? Mike? I need to know where was he? What was his workplace? I need to know why Peter Garrett was there? Rio, you got a weakest clean to faint now you did warm me. It's very weak, but that's the feature.
Speaker 4: Now I did stink it up half an hour ago with a story about a flight. I'm going to go back into the world. I've got another flight story for you.
Speaker 1: Careful. Two we turn into the scene of a radio crime.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago, we were flying up to Twoomba for save our pub. Caitlin and I were sitting in opposite rows. As we went to sit down, we were yapping to each other. Nick Revolt for non AFL fans. He was the Yeah Legends and killed a football club. He saw us that we were talking to each other and not sitting next.
Speaker 1: Time, and thought you were lovers?
Speaker 3: You know he did?
Speaker 1: He No, he did because get this patch. When I got to the gate as well, these two got annoyed when they saw me approach, and I couldn't work out why are they notoyed to see me? Because I clucked what they were doing like two.
Speaker 6: Little boyfriend and girlfriendies that need to sit together.
Speaker 1: They were whispering so that I wouldn't hear it, and they actually said this phrase perhctually, we need to sit together.
Speaker 5: Away from the boss man.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm feeling better to know that there are other losers in this world me today. But Ruey gave up his seat for you guys.
Speaker 3: He said, you guys want to sit together, so.
Speaker 1: On Romeo and Romeo could be together.
Speaker 4: And he said, he said, no funny business though, no heavy petting in the air.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, not going to be a problem when someone does.
Speaker 1: That is a really witty, generous thing to say.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, I would love a show binsticker. Our been night is Sunday Night with a Monday pickup. Now mondays, everyone has the Monday Blues. Now there'll be no better reminded seeing your advert for the show on the side of my bin to remind them to tune into the bright so other dial. Did you get to banish their Monday Blues? Thank you, Shannon and Engadeen. That's great. We're sending the stickers today. Christian, please, can I have a bin I love? Is this an actual typeole? Did you mean to say this beIN as in and then bored but not bo a RT boards? I'm bored right now? Been bored beIN board sticker? Christian weakest claim to fame walking around in Maranello, Italy, Homer Ferrari saw Fernando Alonso, the F one driver, and we called out his name and he waved at us. That's great, all right, We've got some great stories lined up. Let's begin with you. Jade. Good morning, Jade.
Speaker 13: Hi.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: My weekest claid to say is that my mother, when she was a hairdresser, cut Jason Donovan's mum's hair and his Wow.
Speaker 1: For sure, you don't go straight to Jason Donovan. You mentioned his mums you had and his mum's hair. Mumma Donovan.
Speaker 12: Uh huh, all right.
Speaker 1: Jane, thank you very much for your story. Thanks according and have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Weking Jade had a cold, didn't she. Yeah, it wasn't the time of year it is, isn't it something around? How we got here? John? Good morning, guys, here going are We're good? John? Sounds like you're on the roads. You're upp and about you busy. Yes, it's another start of the day. Thank you for multitasking. Now, John, what's your your weakest claim to fame? For it?
Speaker 8: My weakest claim to fame.
Speaker 1: And I say this with a bit of a smile on my face.
Speaker 2: My ex mother in law.
Speaker 8: Was a seamstress many many years ago. She used to make curtains.
Speaker 1: But she made the top cover for the popemobile. What do you mean the top cover like a dust cover? They put it over at night. It was it was like a square carriage, and obviously and that the roofing had had had a material cover over the top of it and over the sides and over the back. But you still see like the front, so stuff. But I didn't believe it at first, but she brought out a newspaper clipping with a photo of it being done and I think it was in the early seventies.
Speaker 4: Incredible in Australia. I thought they would do that in house at the Vatican.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a bit dubious about it all, and she brought it out. It was in black and white, incrediblesome great story, John, John, thanks for sharing. Have a good day you too, Rebecca, Good morning, welcome to the show. Hello, good morning, Roan and Rebecca. Okay, we'll here a story for us weekes claim to fame.
Speaker 8: My weekest claim to fame is that my best friend taught guy Sebastian's kids at youth group, which totally and automatically makes me best friends Bastian.
Speaker 1: You are Guys Sebastian adjacent. Rebecca. Thank you very much the story mate. Have a good day. Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Take care. Greg, Greg there is good morning there. He is on the Central Coast, coming Gregory, Greg, what's your story for us, buddy, Good morning. My week is claimed the Fames.
Speaker 13: I was the first person to use the toilet in the Prime Minister's office.
Speaker 1: Now, how so why were you the first person? What we doing? Did you install it?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Our company was the was in charge of the construction of the of the video and I was the site manager there and so I just had to test everything.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got to check that the flush capacity is working, don't you. You can't have the PM sitting down doing one or something and it's not working properly.
Speaker 3: This is correct you he has.
Speaker 1: This is quality control, isn't it. You were the shiite manager.
Speaker 13: Very well done this all.
Speaker 1: Right, Greg, Thanks for cool the show. Keithy's caught stories coming. We haven't done this for too long. What is your weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, I've just woken up. I missed a game. What was the score? Not today, Glenn? Not today, Glenn. Don't shop, don'tsually, it's close to the edge, christiare My weakest claim to fame is I shared a lift with John Farnham. Now this feature is taken off. There was one thing missing. There's normally a Barnzie and or Pharsa story and it great stories, but they were conspicuous by their absence. Now it feels like weakest claim to faint is really about We've still got another twenty minutes to play for to get a Barnzee one in there. If we can shed a lift with Let's just do tomorrow. Who do you share a lyft with? Lips in the lift? Have you shoed lived with?
Speaker 4: Why did Robin Williams when I used to work at the theater in Sydney.
Speaker 1: That's a great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't say a word to him. I panicked, you know, when you can't believe it. I would have done so famous is right there and you're not expecting it, And I wish I said something and made him laugh about I was just like completely steal.
Speaker 3: I froze, I bet yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Christian Shedler with John Farnham in the Strathfield Plaza. Great location. Yeah. I just picked up my glasses from the glass shop and he jumped in the lift from the second floor car park. I actually took my glasses off because I thought my eyes must be playing tricks on, but no, he really was John Parnon. I was so in awe.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he gets his glasses strap through Plasta. It's a pretty dingy plaza.
Speaker 1: Christian Shane WARN's dad took me for a ride in his Porsche. And this name checks your favorite comedy show because you My weakest claim to fame is I was a prison guard on the TV show House Os. Rio loves that show. Loves that show. It is water shed for you goes that, then the American Office, then Forty Towers. He loves that show. You could go on Mastermind and take any questions on.
Speaker 3: My special subject.
Speaker 1: Rio tried to sell it to me and just said it's very Western Sydney. All right, let's take some calls here, Felicity, Good morning, Good morning, Felicity, welcome to the show. What's your weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 12: My sister once head the door held open for her by Michael Hutchins.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great one. I mean that is rock and roll royalty, the great heart gentlemen. Now, where was.
Speaker 12: This Campbelltown Catholic Club? I think as many many years ago.
Speaker 1: Brilliant story. I love that he was, Felicity. Lovely story. Thanks for Sharon. Mate, have a good day. You've got lovely laugh as well.
Speaker 12: Take you to thank you.
Speaker 1: Damien. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Here we are, Damien, Good morning, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Damien. All right, what is your story? Week? Is claim to fame?
Speaker 8: Well, I think a bit more hoity tweety than to the weak has claimed the same. But a few years back when Brian Adams come to town doing his tour. Then I was sort of quite up the front and throughout the middle of the concert say a bittle a loud voice. I just sort of yelled out sixty nine Brian, and then a couple more songs in. Then he basically stopped the show, called me up on stage, and basically I've got to sing Summer of sixty nine minutes.
Speaker 1: That is a great story. Well quite, and did you do a good job. I'm always amazed that people know every single word.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well it's fun of those iconic songs that I guess sort of thrown.
Speaker 1: But under pressure.
Speaker 8: Under pressure though, but oh look I'm quite extravert, extroverted enough, but yeah, look I love music and it was just that opportunity. I just yelled already, got me up on stage, sung the song, and I got to gave me a bottle of beer afterward.
Speaker 1: It's just a great what a great story.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: You be jealous with that, you know better than singing with him. Mayonnaise there's no mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Cars longer than he does.
Speaker 1: It was very charming. Was how would you think you would do if he said, if he suddenly said hey, hey, Patsy, come up on stage and see.
Speaker 5: Absolutely I would go to Jelly, Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Go to If I was at a Springsteen concert and he's about to start born to run and he pulls me out, don't do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, worst night, that's my last night.
Speaker 1: Mere. Yeah, you'd be like yeah now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that would be horrified.
Speaker 1: To be honest, let's get a penny now, coome onr in penny Yes, hello, yes, and what's your week? Is claim to frame for us penn.
Speaker 8: Well, my mom served Mel Gibson in.
Speaker 1: Wowow All the Stars, Patsy Gibson, All the Stars, love Ancho A Kmar What was he buying a bou clay footstool?
Speaker 8: Well, the funny thing is Mum wasn't even aware.
Speaker 12: She was just doing a little good.
Speaker 8: She would have hello, how you going? Scan? Scan?
Speaker 12: Finished up, and then the other girls around the registered and.
Speaker 7: Said, oh my god, what did you say? What did you say?
Speaker 8: And Mom's like, oh no, I just a good day.
Speaker 1: Why but this is a nice spice for yourself?
Speaker 12: It was Mel Gibson and she was like, oh and so many Yeah he didn't buy I know, he bought some jaggy pair of snakes and just some other little incidental quo.
Speaker 6: There is so many box office hits, little weapon, breakfasts, seers and came on, I love it.
Speaker 1: On these Nike's nae were the old Dad Trainers. Awesome story. I'm going to give you a two hundred and fifty dollars voucher for chemist to hours. Brilliant story. Oh well, thank you so much, pleasure. Thanks for COOLNP with that. You made us laugh.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I need to stop looking online. They're just tearing chunks out, the poor lads and the manager. Now sav is it barely an hour into it and they're just ripping the mattropot. It's just awful, honorable, horrible.
Speaker 4: The headline on Fox Sports is it's not coming home. England blow it again, Caps in unthinkable late World Cup choke job.
Speaker 1: It didn't choke. It's just a game. They tried so hard. They must be absolutely devastated right now. If you're on the England players, they've been on a big run, they're in a semi final. You imagine you couldn't you couldn't help, but thing, especially during the game when they're one, they're lout for a big part of it that they like, we're going to changing history. We are going to be the first generation since nineteen sixty six to play in a World Cup final. They must be absolutely devastating and then it must make it even worse to have that kind of your own press just ripping you apart. I feel sorry for they took a well mental health and sport these days. Those players tried their best. Yeah it didn't happen. It's the World Cup and also sport light life. It's chaos, good luck with all your tactics. It's chaos, which is why we need the right side of the dial. And I I'm talking singular here, I really I'm leaning on you guys heavily today. You know a box at the end of the fight that we're just like lot upon the other guy. I'm leaning on you guys today for the bright side of the dough. We need your help and we need your bins. The company have decided that it's it's the right time right now with how things are going in Sydney, to ease up on the marketing money for me. Hey, hey, now you're sitting strong at four up. That's what Nike would do up ease up, ease up, is why I'm asking for your bins. Nice smooth space there to put a show sticker on Lovely who needs like horns? All literally all, even if I am put money into that. All the other shows are on billboards all over town Melbourne here loads of them, and in Sydney as well. We're asking for your bins. That is our bin boards. That's where we are going to find our future listeners. Driving around the suburbs reading bins.
Speaker 4: They've left all this empty space. Everyone's looking up and seeing every one looking.
Speaker 1: Down on my words is the smart play I'm mis wise If I get a job offer in the next week or two from Nike we found our new head of marketing Global CMO. All right, so would you like a bin sticker? Can you put on on your bin? James in Sydney, Christian, I'm submitting this on behalf of my husband. He was always a radio hater, never listened to the radio, only Spotify, hated morning radio. One morning he must have forgotten how to plug his phone in. He found your show. Now he is your number one fan. He's obsessed with finding out what the time waster is. I'm actually filling this in as a gift to him. It would make him so happy to have a binsticker. Do you know what, I'm gonna send an early copy of my book. I'll get your dress. I'll send that as well with the sticker. James Gamble, this is one Sue, Christian. I put the sticker on three bins. Wow. I am a general waste in the making. So this is the bright Side Battalion. You enter at binfantry level, but if you do five or more bins, you get elevated to the highest ranking general waste. It took Rio an hour and a half to understand that that joke.
Speaker 3: The penny drop during time. I say, ah, general way waste.
Speaker 1: Yes, Christian, I'm a long time listener. I'd love to join the benfantry. Christian. This is Sarah North Paramatta, Christian Trommins. Someone I just steal my bin. We obviously need the sticker, not just for identification. Everyone knows it's a famous bin and needs to be retured to the white owner.
Speaker 3: Because people do n Yeah, just have an extra cycling up your sleeve or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well now they won't. I'm a big sticker on Lauren and Kingswood. Christian. My recycling bin already has a cricket wicket sticker. The red bin is really left out. I've got nothing, I'm naked. I'd love to clamb it up with a bin board sticker. Thank you very much. Let's get to some messages that you've left as well. Thank you very much all the support High.
Speaker 3: Christian Area from Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I would really love a bin sticker to be part of the bright Side Battalion. It would be great.
Speaker 13: Everybody that goes past I would see this wonderful bin sticker and they're really live and things up.
Speaker 11: And just read the words.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Hey Christian, it's tenure from Georgia's hole, just letting you know. I can't wait to receive my binsticker so I can brighten up the street. I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Can anyone else hear someone licking in the background?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what they do.
Speaker 5: I think it was I felt it sounds like a tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hang on, I think it's one of the old dynamic You are the chuckles sisters. What were you recording and typing?
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 11: What's happened here is we have a new system where we record voice messages and they can actually hear our side of it. Now we want that was recording these working really hard, clicking and tapping away, and it's obviously picked that up, but these are still great.
Speaker 1: Lovely to have a scored by a typist. All right, onwards, let's go do this one.
Speaker 10: Hello, Christian, I'm heading from Adelaide to Darwin as part of the Shipbox rally next month. I have two storage bins on the back of my fifty year old that will be part of the rally. I'd love to have one of your stickers on there.
Speaker 1: Please legend good luck. I hope you have a lot of fun as well. Amazing thing that. And then there's this one here a lady called Jade who after RhE and I we just listened to these, Rio went, what a sexy voice? And then he begged me perhaps to do a feature tomorrow called have you got a hot voice? Hotty lime bling he called it.
Speaker 3: I think it would be good. Are you serious you've got a sexy voice?
Speaker 1: Patsy. You cannot say that it's inappropriate. I cannot say that it's mine sexy. Oh come on, I need this today.
Speaker 3: Let's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's get let's get hotty jade on.
Speaker 8: Guys from graces in me. Please send me some.
Speaker 12: Black Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It's a hot voice. Stop saying that hotline blink, hotty voice blink. All right, thank you very much. If you want one of our stickers, stop the music. It's inappropriate. If you want one of our stickers, head to the world's greatest named website, the Gold Website. So good, the Gold website dot com dot au. That's where you register for your stickers.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, someone just calling the show and leaving a voicemail at the moment, can here Kaitlin again? I was pleeding through again Kaitlyn. It's a good Oh. That's her also very slow typer. That's her just putting the email address that was up a case that one right. First of all, a lot of you are saying, Christian, you have line noise. Excuse me, madam, please fix the annoying static tic take it easy, David besthel right on the edge here. We just crashed out the World Cup. I think I'm an engineer. We are aware there is a what is the problem? Is it gapping? Oh? I just threw to prodicating and then she just walked.
Speaker 4: She ripped off the microphone because that also wasn't working. So they've ripped their microphone out.
Speaker 1: Of doing it, they ripped the microphone, they.
Speaker 3: Ripped it out.
Speaker 1: Children.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no they can't. You can't talk to them.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they've mended it.
Speaker 11: Can you hear me? But now if you want me to not speak, you're going to really have to pull my fader down.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, So what's happened? A lot of people are saying that there's like a static noise, a clicking.
Speaker 11: Yes, so I've spoken to Bacon, who is our tech guy. He's furiously working on it. It is a US network.
Speaker 1: Oh are you typing out an emails in now?
Speaker 3: Bradley? Hurry up, we gotta get.
Speaker 1: Rid of that, dicky. People are getting really really last email. We're working on it, which means it should be fixed by about midnight.
Speaker 3: Help, how many?
Speaker 1: All right? Alrighty, alrighty, already ridy a righty rdy ready ready ready double pass up for grabs to go and see Boys to Men and Sworn Pepper mpgly presents R and B Royalty Boys to Men with Storm Pepper and Bell BIV devou three legendary groups one Explosive Nights. Tickets on sale Friday, July the seventeenth tomorrow at MG dot Live. Also, my daughter turns twenty two tomoright. Whoa yeah, wow, big day for us. Alrighty, today's time wasteter. We're looking after all the farmers that work so hard and have the show on farmers. This one's for you. Farming songs were they listen listening to in those big barns and the parlor, getting out that little wooden stool and milking away, milking me softly?
Speaker 3: How many milking ones have you got? Just silver?
Speaker 1: How will I know gold? Bruno Maas is a farmer? Oh yes, favorite song to sing? What is farming? Is dairy? You not marry you? You know? Phil? Deep cuts and bruin. Do you really want to hurd me gold? You can't slurry love?
Speaker 3: Phil?
Speaker 1: Fuss down udder men men down, uder under pressure gold? How deep as your love?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 1: Wake me up before you so so silver? Fluss and barbar O'Riley Taylor Swift's got farm and then you fell up the husband he is a farmer as well, huh. And they like to rake it off? Not today? All right? Rayo what have you got them for your farm songs?
Speaker 3: Less have a little hobby farm?
Speaker 1: Oh lovely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna seed you tonight.
Speaker 1: That feature I said, we're not doing some more about sexy voices.
Speaker 3: He actually I have another idea for that.
Speaker 4: What about for we get people to call in and they say, if you've ever been told you've got a good voice, and then we can tell them if they've got a good voice.
Speaker 1: That's not the feature you want to do if you have you got a sexy voice.
Speaker 3: I still would like to do. Hotty lion bling, what about.
Speaker 1: Your the voice?
Speaker 3: Oh isn't that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good? Good though, Hotty. That's what we're here for. Deep impact every day from six to nine. Let's put that on the bens. All right, whatever Robber should be got there.
Speaker 3: Whitney Houston's having some trouble with her farm.
Speaker 1: Oh perat she's dead.
Speaker 3: She's saying, how will I hope?
Speaker 1: Is gold?
Speaker 3: And then who have some Freezians? A bunch of them? Oh wow, they're saying, moo, are you move?
Speaker 1: It's a good farm classic gold as well? All right, what have you got? Text me? Oh? Four seven five three one oh four three. We need to end today's show asap, don't we it's it's it's England has done this to the show. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show time wasted today shout outs all the farmers listen to the show right now, farming songs, farmer songs, Rio, you're ready, Tomark, let's go our lots of coming in right now. These are very good. Thank you, don't go bacon my heart, Silver plus heard her on the dance floor, Old barn to be wild, Silver, I would plow one thousand miles. Silver moving on up, gold Cock co co cocka corn to be bad, Silver flood capsule in the cradle, Silver insemination Army Dad is genius. Who's that Daniel Johnson Insemination Army Very good? Girls just want to have farms that great. Kelly Thompson heard it through the bow vine. Can't get you out of my shed. Silver Lover is a cattle field Silver plus crop the pilot, what I'm merry, Proud, Dairy, Silver fluss unskinny crop, Gold instant Karma, John Lennon sory instant farmer. Not the song. I'm always there. Guys getting piggy with it. God, that's very good. Laura, well done, bo Creamium Rhapsody, Silver plus, John Deere Prudence.
Speaker 3: Gold, hoeing me hoeing you sil puss.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear a bad one? Yeah, Christian Lenny Kravitz, has I got a farm? Are you going to feed the cows? Haron? Oh, Paul and Cooey rubies bag he's back ninety nine propers. But a pig ain't one. A pig ain't one. Sh boy, hit it love that Andrew well done. It's a beautiful hey with farms wide. Oh, Laura fly riders now a farmer. Wow, that's right. Surely got say Lo Lo Lo s exit burning silver, insane in the methane Go Daniel, well done. Mmm crop handsome crumb crop Gold, when pigs cry Silver, bon Jovi, it's my wife, farmer. Darryl Breakaway is not a good farmer. The horses have escaped, my lord. No, that is genius. No, that's one of the best of the year. I like to move it. I like to move Gold, Adam Achy Breaky cart Silver, sitting on paddock of the day, Silver were the folicce house, no name Silver plus nice to bee for you.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 1: That's really rude. I don't want that to be the last words we say, but they are. All right. Who's today's winner for farming songs?
Speaker 3: It is insemination army.
Speaker 1: No, all right, tomorrow show are you If you've got a hot voice, we want to hear it tomorrow. We're really doing this.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, it's a Friday.
Speaker 1: Friday right, let's run the wheels off. In fact, there's no wheels left. They really came off today about an hour and a half ago when England cushed. I don't want to about the World Cup.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day